Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

Since Budig is coming back...I don’t know how I missed this 2 years ago, but ❤️.

Rebecca Budig recently had an adorable reunion with her one-time AMC leading man, Josh Duhamel, who played Leo to her Greenlee, in the company of their offspring. “It had been years since we’d seen each other,” she marvels (the last time being when he popped in to reprise Leo for a dream sequence in 2011). “We text occasionally, on random occasions, and he was in town, so about three or four weeks ago, I met him and Axl [Duhamel’s son with pop star wife Fergie] at a park with Charlotte on a Sunday and it was really, really fun.” Their kids’ first meeting was … relatively successful. “Charlotte wanted nothing to do with Axl,” she chuckles. “Axl wanted nothing to do with her at first, but then he came around. Axl had been, like, open to riding the slide with her and she was having none of it. My daughter said, ‘I don’t like guys.’ But our kids played for a little bit and then they had to go off to a birthday party. It was brief, but it was sweet, because there’s such a connection between us after working together for so long. It was really nice to see him.”

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/icymi-rebecca-budig-interview/

• Love 2
7 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Since Budig is coming back...I don’t know how I missed this 2 years ago, but ❤️

Yeah, it was a very cute interview. It's nice that they're still that connected although she let it slip last month that he didn't return her last text. Bad Josh lol. Still adorable.

3 hours ago, ByaNose said:

In seeing the SOD picture I had totally forgotten that Tracy liked Hayden. I'm looking forward to RB return.

I loved Hayden's scenes with Tracy. I wish that JE was still around. And ahem, even Tyler. Think I'm on an island by myself with that one. I liked their chemistry. They could have worked around what happened. Considering Sonny shot Carly in the head when she was birthing Morgan, and Jason threatened to kill Sam, anything is possible.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Yeah, it was a very cute interview. It's nice that they're still that connected although she let it slip last month that he didn't return her last text. Bad Josh lol. Still adorable.

I loved Hayden's scenes with Tracy. I wish that JE was still around. And ahem, even Tyler. Think I'm on an island by myself with that one. I liked their chemistry. They could have worked around what happened. Considering Sonny shot Carly in the head when she was birthing Morgan, and Jason threatened to kill Sam, anything is possible.

Yeah, RB & TC worked well together with Spencer in the mix. I can't remember how it played out when he left. Did RB work with the new (temporary) Nicholas? I can see his face but can't remember his name....Nick....someone. Anyway, I know nuNicholas started working with MW but that may have been after RB left. It was only a few years ago but it's all a blur to me.

• Love 1
(edited)
3 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Yeah, RB & TC worked well together with Spencer in the mix. I can't remember how it played out when he left. Did RB work with the new (temporary) Nicholas? I can see his face but can't remember his name....Nick....someone. Anyway, I know nuNicholas started working with MW but that may have been after RB left. It was only a few years ago but it's all a blur to me.

NuNick was working with Ava before he went out the window.  I think Valentin shot him or pushed him.

RB never worked with NuNick.  She had those great scenes where Hayden was more concerned about her diamonds missing than Nick being "dead." He had faked his own death and ended up on Cassadine Island.

Nik was done summer of 2016.  Budig lasted another year and got fired to fit in Burton's contract.

Edited by Hater
49 minutes ago, Hater said:

NuNick was working with Ava before he went out the window.  I think Valentin shot him or pushed him.

RB never worked with NuNick.  She had those great scenes where Hayden was more concerned about her diamonds missing than Nick being "dead." He had faked his own death and ended up on Cassadine Island.

Nik was done summer of 2016.  Budig lasted another year and got fired to fit in Burton's contract.

Gotcha! Thanks for CliffsNotes.

38 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

NuNicholas was Nick Stabile. 

Hater has everything else right if I remember correctly. Once again, Jason ruins everything.

Ah.....yes.....Stabile. I recall he did a pretty goot job and I thought he might continue in the role.

• Love 2

Yep.

TC had plenty of chemistry with both Budig and West. But the writing was bad with both. The "since I was a child I wanted to be a princess!" angle with Ava was nauseating, as is any time they try to make us cry for her and view her as a normal person. Ava and Nikolas were partners in crime. They were gonna fuck, it was gonna be hot. The end. Don't try to make pushing-50 mob queen Ava who shot a woman in the gut and let her choke on her own blood star in The Prince and Me.

(And now, an unrequested sidebar: Even now, I can't be bothered with characters saying 'oh, let's look out for Ava with this whole Ryan thing, poor Ava! What about Ava? Where is she? What must she be going through?!' Time for more scenes where Ava cries and is comforted by people who should want nothing to do with her, acting like she's playing fuckin' Carly Snyder on ATWT!

I'm not saying Ava can't have feelings and pathos - that's soap opera. But the only people who should be really looking out for her on this show are Julian and maybe Scott. Laura out here cutting for murderous Ava who spent months fucking around with her 'husband'? That's normalization, and I'm not here normalizing evil in the year of our lord 2019!)

• Love 9

That Frank's GH though.  Everyone is usually braiding each other's hair outside of a few feuds.

Julian is hated by everyone.

Ava is hated by CarSon and their lackeys.

• Love 1

I think Ava’s character is an awful excuse for a human being and I’ve only been back watching this show for a few years now. However, MW plays the bitch for everything she’s worth so she’s among my most favorite characters at this point. She’s devious, attractive, manipulative and so interesting to watch. Which is something we can’t say about almost any other actor, character or plot on this sorry show.

• Love 4

I'm not disputing all that. Which is why I have no time for the show wanting it both ways and trying to paint Ava as an ingenue or an agony aunt with the more 'normal' people of Port Charles clucking over her pain and anguish. She doesn't need that. Her character is not that.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Ah.....yes.....Stabile. I recall he did a pretty goot job and I thought he might continue in the role.

I thought he did a great job and I thought they missed a real opportunity by not hiring him. I’m generally not a big fan of recasts, especially when the two actors are so dissimilar in appearance and manner, but I thought Stabile was a much better Nicholas than TC. I’d love to see them resurrect the character with him playing the role, but I know that will never happen. 

• Love 4

Stabile was a competent actor, and I might have enjoyed him if they had brought him back as someone else, but I was relieved they didn't keep him on permanently in that role. He reminded me more of Kanan's AJ than of any version of Nikolas. It just had "temp," with no great pains taken, written all over it. "White guy, comin' right up!" 

But I do have some nostalgic fondness for the TC Nikolas, even though both the material and his performances were all over the place over 20 years. Some wonderful GH (scenes with the JJ Lucky), some horrible GH (the Pirates in Em's Pants; the pairing with SWSNBN). 

• Love 3

I remember liking Nick Stabile on Sunset Beach about a million years ago. But his temp Nikolas, hired because Reasons, was embarrassing. It was like they dragged some middle-aged PTA Dad in off the street.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

There's no way that divorced soccer dad Nik was raised by Stefan, Stavros, Alexis and Helena.

And the scenes with DSD Nik & Ava made it look like someone watched the Nik/Claudia scenes and totally missed what made them work

• LOL 1

Vinessa and Anthony ended their relationship.

Kirsten and Brandon.

Kelly and Bryan.

Most of these break ups happened when they were already off set.....

8 minutes ago, Hater said:

Vinessa and Anthony ended their relationship.

Kirsten and Brandon.

Kelly and Bryan.

Most of these break ups happened when they were already off set.....

Also Chad and Kristen.

Also Ingo and Becky, a long time ago. But they had virtually no interaction on the show at the time. She was firmly in the teen set; he was in the Sonny/Brenda triangle and then whatever they were writing for Jax when VM left the first time. 

Their characters actually overlapped more when he returned. They had the surrogacy story with SWSNBN. 

18 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Also Ingo and Becky, a long time ago.  

Wait, WHAT? How did I not know about this until now? They must not have been together all that long (of course, it sounds like she and her husband got married/started having kids very quickly, too). 

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, UYI said:

Wait, WHAT? How did I not know about this until now? They must not have been together all that long (of course, it sounds like she and her husband got married/started having kids very quickly, too). 

Yep. It was a blink and you missed it.

@UYI, if you Google their names, you can find a lot of pictures of them arriving at things together, rocking their late-'90s looks. There's also a YouTube video of one of those ditzy red-carpet interviews at the Daytime Emmys. Kim McCullough is there between them, so it isn't as apparent that they're "together," except for one quick comment from the hostess. The banter is almost as sad and stilted as the fake red-carpet scenes for the Nurses' Ball. 

But yeah, Becky and Saucedo got together only a year or two after that, and have been married since 2001. 

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

But yeah, Becky and Saucedo got together only a year or two after that, and have been married since 2001. 

I can't separate MS from Juan—he was such a drip—so I'm always mildly surprised they're still together. Hee.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

The banter is almost as sad and stilted as the fake red-carpet scenes for the Nurses' Ball. 

Then it means that the show got it right. Write what you know and all that good stuff, after all. 😉 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

The banter is almost as sad and stilted as the fake red-carpet scenes for the Nurses' Ball. 

What banter? E! lady was asking questions, and Ingo, Kimberly and Becky answered. I guess I'm just confused. I didn't see any stilted or fakeness in that scene. Just that Ingo was hopeful a wedding would happen; Kimberly loved working with Steve (as Jason and Robin were back together again), and that Becky was with Jonathan Jackson.

6 minutes ago, UYI said:

Then it means that the show got it right. Write what you know and all that good stuff, after all.

Well. The SHOW got the first four or five years RIGHT, as viewing the Nurses Ball from '94-'99 can attest; I don't know WHAT Valentini and his hacks are writing. Because as I've stated before, until he decided to "revive it" it was NEVER a Red Carpet affair, even if it was local. He keeps trying to make it seem like it's a national fund raiser. And it's not.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

When's Hayden coming back? Anna's gone, isn't she? And I'm not getting any younger.

Probably early-mid July

Finola is on a 5 month extended leave. She probably started it in April.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Kimberly loved working with Steve (as Jason and Robin were back together again), 

LOL. I cracked up at how she said “yes, I am!” when the interviewer said they were back together. Ugh, I still wonder what it would have been like if she never left in ‘99. 😒

• Love 1

I wonder if GF has an iron-clad contract or she just doesn't give a crap if FV plots a way to push her off the show again:

You know FV is thinking "we take her back and she isn't kissing ass about how amazing it all is and how she just loves her job!"

• Love 6
(edited)

Aka she misses the quality, the characters, the story. Now it’s all about just applauding the fact that the show is still being produced quickly and under budget. Who cares. Cancel, pls.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 5
(edited)

Genie lives with that Star Trek money, she doesn't need the show. She also seemingly managed to bully Frank/ABC into a contract not once but twice.

The OLTL cast used to talk about the insane pace and loss of basic connectivity scenes, and the new norm of the tiny scenes that are a minute and a half or less. I understand why it happens and why it's all part of an endless desperate race to keep these shows profitable (and that is not all on FV), but that doesn't make it any less of a misery. I do think FV pushed, at both shows, the increasingly brief and scattershot cutting and scenes which supposedly were intended to keep a key youth demo from switching channels.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, jsbt said:

Genie lives with that Star Trek money, she doesn't need the show. She also seemingly managed to bully Frank/ABC into a contract not once but twice.

I know, but obviously she wants to be on the show, otherwise she wouldn't have come back.

It would be hilarious if she decided to leave again after all. I could see how she might have thought the writers and FV were holding back from giving her material before but no, they really are that crappy even when they are writing for a character.

Nina is pointless, no matter who plays her. I think it is a waste of Cynthia Watros' ability. Nina should have been offed by Ryan. To paraphrase Phoebe Buffay from Friends, Nina "lifts right out".

• Love 8
1 hour ago, jsbt said:

I do think FV pushed, at both shows, the increasingly brief and scattershot cutting and scenes which supposedly were intended to keep a key youth demo from switching channels.

The Sesame Street Effect.

Do you  know that 350 years ago people would spend all day Sunday in church, sitting on those hard benches? They would go in the morning, return home for lunch, and go back again for the afternoon sermon. Seems like an impossible task now.

On the other hand, listening to Genie talk about scenes that went on for pages, I wondered if it's not a bad thing that the scenes are shorter now. It's harder to memorize reams of dialogue when you're in your fifties than when you were 15.

11 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

On the other hand, listening to Genie talk about scenes that went on for pages, I wondered if it's not a bad thing that the scenes are shorter now. It's harder to memorize reams of dialogue when you're in your fifties than when you were 15.

I think it would make it easier, not harder, because it's easier to remember something substantial than some random ass dialogue, especially because I'm pretty sure they were allowed to not have the lines exactly right each time, and plus they had more than one take. But a bit of a balance between these super short scenes and the 9 pages would probably be easiest.

• Love 2
(edited)
14 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

What banter? E! lady was asking questions, and Ingo, Kimberly and Becky answered. I guess I'm just confused. I didn't see any stilted or fakeness in that scene. Just that Ingo was hopeful a wedding would happen; Kimberly loved working with Steve (as Jason and Robin were back together again), and that Becky was with Jonathan Jackson.

I just hate red-carpet interviews.  Most of them are so rushed and dumb, and this one ticks both boxes. When I said banter, I was referring to the boiler-plate BS of trying to get an actor to reveal upcoming story (which is never gonna happen), and the thing about women being jealous of Becky because of the men she's with on- and offscreen, and "If you ever leave showbiz, you can design clothes!" All of it squeezed into a manic 90 seconds so they can cut away or herd the next people on. If GH models the fake version with Nina on displays like that one, they nailed it.

It's only fun to watch now because it's really old, and they all still have played these characters on GH in recent times.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 2