Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

https://www.soapoperanews.net/2019/08/story-of-my-life-general-hospitals.html

Story of My Life: General Hospital's Maurice Benard Hits the Tell All Button!

General Hospital's Maurice Benard is releasing his memoir. Read more here --->

General Hospital's Maurice Benard is set to release his powerful memoir early next year! 

In the book titled Nothing General About It: How Love (and Lithium) Saved Me On and Off General Hospital Maurice will share his amazing and inspiring life journey from his childhood and living with bipolar disorder to the soap world and his beautiful family. 

Harper Collins describes the book as "A shocking, riveting, and utterly candid memoir of love, adversity, and ultimately hope, Nothing General About It offers insights and advice for everyone trying to cope with mental illness, and is a motivational story that offers lessons in perseverance—of the importance of believing in and fighting for yourself through the darkest times."

Nothing General About It looks to be an inspiring must-read for daytime fans, and for anyone who can relate to the struggles of living with mental illness. Harper Collins is now accepting pre-orders of the memoir which will be available on April 7th, 2020. 

Congratulations to Maurice Benard on the upcoming release of his memoir! We can't wait to read it!
  • LOL 2

Trying to hold back my snark here. I applaud him for making bipolar a front burning issue on the show. It's raised awareness and that's a good thing. The rest though, HARD hard pass. I feel like I've had enough of him to last me a lifetime.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Trying to hold back my snark here. I applaud him for making bipolar a front burning issue on the show. It's raised awareness and that's a good thing. The rest though, HARD hard pass. I feel like I've had enough of him to last me a lifetime.

I haven't been a regular viewer of GH in ages especially with Sonny/Carly/Jason eating the show. My love for Laura isn't enough to make me sit through the show as a whole.  Which makes me kind of sad my mom began watching this show after she had me in the hospital until she passed and I gave up on it before that. Only Days is the one I watch(although I ask myself half the time why but at least they focus on more than like 3 characters).

• Love 3
13 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Harper Collins describes the book as "A shocking, riveting, and utterly candid memoir

"Shocking"? I doubt it.

13 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

I applaud him for making bipolar a front burning issue on the show. It's raised awareness and that's a good thing.

Too bad the show hasn't followed through properly. I don't need a reminder every day or even every week, but a throwaway line about Sonny getting his meds refilled or something wouldn't be amiss. It's so typical of this fakakta show to make a big deal about some issue and then completely drop it until it needs to be a plot point.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Does anyone else think that that's an awful title? What does "Nothing General About It" even mean other than a reference to the show?  If he's referring to being bipolar then 'general' is the wrong word.

• Love 5

Variety is reporting that the Academy has decided to combine the younger/actor and actress awards into one gender neutral category. Yeah that’ll go over well, are they next going to combine the lead and supporting categories too? What they really need to do —and have for a long time—is break up the category into ‘child’ and ‘young adult.’ It’s patently unfair to expect a child to compete with a 20-something in the same category. There are restrictions on story and work hours for children but that doesn’t mean they aren’t worthy of recognition. 

• Love 8
32 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Variety is reporting that the Academy has decided to combine the younger/actor and actress awards into one gender neutral category. Yeah that’ll go over well, are they next going to combine the lead and supporting categories too? What they really need to do —and have for a long time—is break up the category into ‘child’ and ‘young adult.’ It’s patently unfair to expect a child to compete with a 20-something in the same category. There are restrictions on story and work hours for children but that doesn’t mean they aren’t worthy of recognition. 

Children are hardly ever nominated though. They're doing this because there are so few nominees it was basically a shoe in for anyone who submitted themselves to get a nomination.

I’m guess that means that Billy Miller leaving wasn’t voluntary? Most of what I’ve seen on SM is people speculating that he chose to leave because he was bored with no storyline

• Love 2

That's a strange tweet.  Maybe she's leaving and the more to follow will follow afterwards. I dunno.  I know everyone will jump on me, kelly can't leave!  she's unemployable everywhere! nobody wants her!   lol

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, CeChase said:

That's a strange tweet.  Maybe she's leaving and the more to follow will follow afterwards. I dunno.  I know everyone will jump on me, kelly can't leave!  she's unemployable everywhere! nobody wants her!   lol

Surely, unless Kelly's made some bad decisions, she has a scrooge mcduck vault by now.

24 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

Huge eyeroll to Monaco's tweet. You're not under any obligation to talk about this, honey, but either do or don't. This coy 'I've got a seeecret!' shit isn't cute.

I'm grumpy today.

Maybe she just means why he left as opposed to he left v fired.

Oh maybe she inhaled a wee bit too much hairspray.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

That said, I thought he left because he was tried of no storyline but now it looks like he was canned. I don’t know why I’m shocked. He got screwed by the Burton return. Almost like Y&R canning GT to get MS back. The struggle is real in daytime. BTS gossip is a soap itself. I wish someone would write a book and spill everything. That’s why I hate blind items. If you aren’t going to say who, what, when where & why I don’t want to read or hear about it. Also, I’m too dumb to figure out blind items. LOL!!!!,

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

OMG, can she be any more insufferable?  

It was only a matter of time before she had a SM meltdown about this.... 

I'm hoping she is gone too.... but doubtful... who else would hire her?

Drama! I like it.  My guess, with no evidence, is that they were making things difficult behind the scenes because they wanted to work together.  Their jobs were threatened so KM started towing the line (plus she has more clout at GH then BM, I would assume) and BM did not, so either he was fired or quit in a dramatic fashion.  I wonder what BH thinks about all of this because other than KM she probably worked the closest with BM over the years and shes tight with KM.  

• Love 2

Ha, that would be melodramatic, but I feel like Billy's agent (she's on twitter) would have made a bit more of a fuss on twitter if Billy had been fired. 

Edited by ulkis

I also think we'd have heard if BM had been fired. Something would have leaked out before now.

BM hasn't ever gotten real traction in prime time, but he's had decent work as a guest star. And there's a ton more content out there now with all the original stuff on streaming platforms. Depending on how fussy he wants to be, I'd think he could find steady(ish) work. He doesn't have a family to support, so that makes things slightly less urgent, I'd think.

• Love 3

My guess is she's all pissy because BM (and maybe her) really lobbied for Sam/Drew and when TPTB said no, Billy said buh-bye.  So the whole "not what the audience thinks" is pretty idiotic because anyone with two brain cells (aka not her) can figure out he was unhappy with his storyline.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I think she's saying he was pushed out and or wouldn't have left if that wasn't the case. The common belief is he left and wanted to go. Who knows?  KM likes her mind games.  Very typical of her.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 1

In this day and age and current climate of social media, if Billy had been fired, it would have been ALL OVER the internet, Twitter, Instagram, etc. Hell, I remember the uproar when Greg Vaughn was fired after Guzasshole finally got Jonathan back to reprise his role as Lucky. Then the backlash over Becky's firing, which led to rehiring her back.

So, if Billy was fired, viewers would have heard about it.

• Love 3

I'm assuming that BM will be gone by September. I wonder if KM will be "brave" to spill the tea before or after that. BM got screwed by the return of SB. Sam & Drew got pretty popular with their on/off chemistry but then SB came back and then they had to pair up Sam with Jason because it's destiny. LOL!!! After that, BM got roped into the Oscar storyline which he was "supporting". WTF? Now, he's gone and we don't know for sure if he didn't resign or if he was fired. I guess we'll have to wait till the twitter update from KM where she said she would explain it in great detail. Doubt it. 

• Love 3

Would BM getting fired really be that shocking? Most people assumed he would be out as soon as they announced SB was coming back. I didn’t think they out and out fired him when they said he was leaving because FV doesn’t like losing people to Y&R. But they might have played hard ball with him and said he had to sign a longer contract with fewer to no outs. Him not being a lead on the show anymore means he had a lot less pull so they probably didn’t want to deal as much with his demands

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Is it? When has she ever been this close to an actor to put herself out there like this?

I mean she likes to play these games on social media with her fans.  She riles them up and then never says anything that actually means something.  At this point, it's been ongoing for 2 years now even with Billy out the door.

I doubt she's worried about anything happening to her because clearly she can phone it in on set and even make comments towards her co stars in a shady way and still be employed.

I really do not know what she's trying to accomplish.  The whole thing is strange.  She could have left it at "i am sad he left" but then she adds whatever the hell that last part is and everyone is specualting on what it means and it probably means nothing.

Edited by Hater
4 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

She’s defending Billy Miller. The details as to why are what she hasn’t explained yet.

I feel like she is not truly going to say anything.  This is her thing. She teases, gets the fans all riled up and will probably follow it up with another baseless tweet.  I want her to shock me and actually say something that means something. 

I like KM for various reasons but will agree with everyone who says she’s phoning it in lately.  I absolutely HATE Steve Burton for racist comments that he made which leaked on Twitter, so if her phoning it in has anything to do with him...I kinda get it.

I saw her once at California Disney years ago when she was on PC and they had a GH/PC event.  There was this mock game show and we were part of the “studio audience”, and they introduced her and another actress and they came running out with the lights flashing and the music playing and all of a sudden the other actress bit the dust, HARD!  Man I cracked up it looked so funny (yeah I know immature but I was young ok!) and I remember Kelly helped the other actress up, they went to the back and they re-did it all over again except this time she was holding the actress’ hand when they came out and that left me with a good impression of her.

I follow KM on Twitter and Instagram and I have seen her post stuff and then delete, like when she said she and some others didn’t get invited to a GH event and then deleted it.  I don’t think she’s messing with people or trying to get folks attention I just think she’s chomping at the bit to spill her guts.  If Billy got the shaft, it wouldn’t surprise me if it took everything in her not to rail against it.

• Love 8
30 minutes ago, jsbt said:

Yeah, I don't remember Monaco ever doing much of this sort of thing.

That's because she used to run straight to Frons to fix things she didn't like.  She can't do that now......

so now we get these unhinged SM moments...

59 minutes ago, Jenxee said:

I follow KM on Twitter and Instagram and I have seen her post stuff and then delete, like when she said she and some others didn’t get invited to a GH event and then deleted it.  I don’t think she’s messing with people or trying to get folks attention I just think she’s chomping at the bit to spill her guts.  If Billy got the shaft, it wouldn’t surprise me if it took everything in her not to rail against it.

The Graceland stuff is what I am talking about too.  Things like that. She should have stood by what she said.  In my mind she is a cryptic tweeter, it's never outwardly forward.   This tweet a few months ago caused the crazies to fight too:

I mean she can't control her fans but it's always the same pattern, she posts something mysterious, they fight and yell at each other and try to figure out what she's saying. Meanwhile I don't think she's saying anything.

@ulkis knows what I'm talking about and yes this hasn't been her the entire time on social media, just since Burton came back to GH imo.

**DREAM capitalized is the pet name for Drew and Sam. This caused the fans to think she was dissing JaSam.  

Edited by Hater
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, makelemons said:

That's because she used to run straight to Frons to fix things she didn't like. 

Like when they ran her character into the ground* for like a year when they thought she would leave?

(* - I found it a rare fun use of the character myself, but it was clearly designed to assassinate Sam)

What exactly is bad or cryptic about the nice tweet to the departing child actor? I don't see it. She's being polite to the family of the kid who left.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, jsbt said:

Like when they ran her character into the ground* for like a year when they thought she would leave?

(* - I found it a rare fun use of the character myself, but it was clearly designed to assassinate Sam)

What exactly is bad or cryptic about the nice tweet to the departing child actor? I don't see it.

I edited it.  One side said she was being petty, the other side said she was just wishing the kid good luck. 

**DREAM capitalized is the pet name for Drew and Sam. This caused the fans to think she was dissing JaSam.  

Edited by Hater
10 minutes ago, jsbt said:

Oh my God. People are psychotic. Give me a fucking break.

No one really knows exactly what she is saying.  If you read the comments under they called her "clown" for this.  Said she only responded to the kid because Miller was mentioned. 

Edited by Hater
15 minutes ago, jsbt said:

2006/7 was when The View was dealing with the Whoopi/Rosie nightmAre......Frons had higher priorities.... so Guza got away with some stuff.