Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

On 11/12/2019 at 12:58 AM, WendyCR72 said:

Ironically, Frank and Doris Hursley's daughter, Bridget Dobson, created time slot rival, Santa Barbara with her husband, Jerome. Not to mention wrote for, I think, ATWT before that. So maybe she was the exception to children not inheriting the talent of their parents...)

Yes, the Dobsons wrote for both ATWT and GL before creating SB. I know for sure that Bridget wrote for GH before that, but I don't know if Jerome did.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Anyone know if it aired in the central time zone? 

Eastern wasn't airing at 3, so I presume the earlier Central got preempted as well. I think Pacific might be the only zone that gets the show today? ETA: Or not, given most of the country didn't get it.

1 minute ago, Auntie Velvet said:

OK just tell me this:

Hide contents

How much of a dick was Sonny to Ava, on a scale of 1 to 10?

You will be shocked to learn

Spoiler

that he was not a dick.  I thought it was a dream sequence because he was the opposite of his usual asshole self.  He told Ava that Avery wanted to see her, and also that Avery has mental illness on both sides of her family and he doesn't want her to feel stigmatized in the future.  I believe he also wished Ava to get well!🙃

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, bannana said:

You will be shocked to learn

Hide contents

that he was not a dick.  I thought it was a dream sequence because he was the opposite of his usual asshole self.  He told Ava that Avery wanted to see her, and also that Avery has mental illness on both sides of her family and he doesn't want her to feel stigmatized in the future.  I believe he also wished Ava to get well!🙃

I actually had a feeling it might be like that. I am looking forward to the episode -- thanks!

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

OK just tell me this:

Reveal spoiler

How much of a dick was Sonny to Ava, on a scale of 1 to 10?

Spoiler

He was a decent human being for a change actually. I thought for sure he would rag on Ava, but he didn't. The scene was actually really nice and well done. Ava appreciated his gesture and he wished her well.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

This will never not amaze me.

And then there's this:

So does that put them in 2019? Heh.

Same here. Poor TC. On a lighter note, Martinsville, IN, is close to where my mom grew up. I wonder what he was doing there. It's not exactly a hotbed of activity.

I live in Indy which is about an hour or so from there but Tyler's wife is part of the Pedigo family and they're from Indiana. So yeah they've lived there for a while.

1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I live in Indy which is about an hour or so from there but Tyler's wife is part of the Pedigo family and they're from Indiana. So yeah they've lived there for a while.

Is her family wealthy? Why are they known? 

I am feeling so bad for Tyler. That possibly weeks-long bender sounds super serious.

I remember him on Celebrity Wife Swap several years ago, and he seemed SO tightly wound. Like, weighing his food down to the last ounce and just generally keeping on a tight regimen -- sort of another form of addiction, if you all will pardon the armchair diagnosis.   

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Hater said:

Is her family wealthy? Why are they known? 

Yes they own Pedigo Chevrolet in Indiana and own Panther Racing(a racing team for the Indy Car Series).  So around these parts they're well known. Brienne(Tyler's wife) is an racing reporter(maybe was I think she quit after they had their kids.

1 hour ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I am feeling so bad for Tyler. That possibly weeks-long bender sounds super serious.

I remember him on Celebrity Wife Swap several years ago, and he seemed SO tightly wound. Like, weighing his food down to the last ounce and just generally keeping on a tight regimen -- sort of another form of addiction, if you all will pardon the armchair diagnosis.   

I get it I saw that episode and thought the same thing until he mentioned that there is a variety of diseases in his family and he can't lose weight etc like a regular person unless he did this or something to that effect so it didn't seem nearly as weird to me after hearing that.

This OTOH is another story..

• Love 1
8 hours ago, ulkis said:

I think we could all use some lighter news:

But how much is he charging?

Lesson 1: Smell the Fart Acting.

Lesson 2: It’s not just acting, it’s REacting. (And that doesn’t mean acting again.)

Please tell me his friend’s name is Joey.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

Nancy Lee Grahn has commented. "I say this with love but I can assure you that Tyler wasn't out having 'birthday fun'. He has a horrible disease. Tyler is at risk of losing his life if he doesn't get help, maintain treatment & work a program and there's nothing fun about it. He needs help not exposure."

There are also statements of support from Greg Vaughan and Michele Val Jean.  

http://tiny.cc/jru8fz

It was apparent to me from TC's social media that he hoped to be rehired for Nikolas's return. He was signalling like mad by posting when the character was mentioned on GH, saying the door would never be closed "from [his] side." I'm not claiming that the recasting of Nikolas was the catalyst here -- obviously, these are longstanding issues -- but I can't imagine it helped. 

Unfortunately, whether or not GH considered him when they were planning this story arc, it would seem they made the smart decision for the good of the production. I hope he can turn things around.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 12

I think the airing was this year, but the letting go was last year because of the DAYS filming schedule.  Anyway, yes, Tyler's drinking was a problem on set and viewers could actually see the point in his performance when we think "Yeah, this is where they decided to let him go."  This is why I always doubted that he would be brought back for Nik, because it would have been quite a risk.  I feel for the guy, but I can't fault either DAYS or GH.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

Wasn’t he replaced on Days earlier this year due to the same issues? I can’t imagine GH would have even considered bringing him back so soon after that

Yes, he was.

I get Tyler may have been hoping for a return to GH as Nik, but honestly, considering the shape he is in mentally and emotionally, recasting was the only thing TPTB could do. I say this not in criticism but Tyler is in no shape to work and his disease makes it that he may not be reliable.

As NLG says, he has a very serious disease and he needs help. For himself and for his family. Maybe - if he ever gets on an even keel - he can come back to acting. But it may be too much pressure for him, too. The takeaway being that he needs to get that help and focus on his health before all else.

• Love 11

GH is a business. I don't think they could have re-hired Tyler and not felt nervous about him. Heck, I don't know that we viewers wouldn't have been nervous about it.

He needs serious help and he has to seek it out. Hopefully this is his rock bottom and he will do what he needs to do to get better. 

I find it sad what's happening to him. 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, ffwbe said:

Wasn’t he replaced on Days earlier this year due to the same issues? I can’t imagine GH would have even considered bringing him back so soon after that

There were rumors that he had to be carried out on a stretcher on set at Days. Not sure if those were true, but these are issues that have been happening for a while.

It is truly sad, and I really hope that he is able to beat this disease. I haven't had close experience with it luckily, but it's so prevalent. I'm glad that his former colleagues are showing support.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Pretty sure that was true, because the info came from a DAYS poster who posted reliable spoilers and info. The day after he posted it news came that TC's character was being recast.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

I've seen people in dark places come back from the brink in daytime. Michael Nader, Dimitri on AMC, let an intense drug problem lead him to several very public flameouts, a well-covered police situation, and an unceremonious recast and dismissal. Most of us never thought he'd be seen again. But Nader - weathered but sober, strong and classy - returned on AMC 2.0 and played Dimitri again, the prince I remembered from my childhood. I never thought that would happen. So it's definitely possible. I hope Tyler gets well. 

• Love 16

WdV posts way too many selfies, but in this case I'm glad he shut that down. Who gives a flying fuck about ages? Besides, as we know, it runs in the Jerome blood. #AMor

Michael? LMFAO. He wouldn't know what the hell to do. And as hot as Chase is, she's out of his league. Nik's too.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

WDV‘s response was petty and he needs SM lessons to avoid alienating his fans since this isn’t the first time he’s put his foot in his mouth but I could see it getting a little frustrating when fans of your character won’t support you in any other pairing. Most couples on soaps are transient and Julian’s place on the show is more tenuous than others since aside from his sister, most of his family won’t speak to him and his only friend is his ex-wife.

WdV just gushed about Rebecca Budig, so he can say whatever he wants to me lol.

So glad Jane is coming back. I want to hear Tracy snark on everyone and everything that's been going on since she left town.

"Sonny and Carly had another baby? Why exactly?"

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, ulkis said:

It's official, Tracy's return is in one of the magazines.

I care about age gaps sometimes. I thought Annie and Adam on AMC were icky.

Yay!

I did not care for Annie and Adam either.  It's really a case-by-case thing, like any pairing on a soap, the chemistry and the story has to be there.

• Love 5

That tweeter is not thinking clearly anyway, Michael and Brook are cousins.

The only reason I would give a hook up with Julian a side eye is because he's the father of her stepbrother, but this is a soap, so whatever.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, ulkis said:

In his usual subtle style, de Vry responding with shirtless pictures of himself to people commenting on Julian and Brook:

He's not wrong. Anyone but Alexis for him and I would enjoy it.

• Love 1

More interesting to me than the thinness of WdV's skin, or that he showed some of it in a picture, is that he's ahead of us on story. What this tells me is that Julian and Brook must be a pairing they're at least exploring, and he's hoping people get behind it. I don't think he'd bother to point out the exact number of years between them if her first scenes being opposite him were just a fluke. Most likely he was casting around for reaction to the chemistry, having already filmed their passionate kiss against the dumpster behind Charlie's. 

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Asp Burger said:

Julian and Brook must be a pairing they're at least exploring, and he's hoping people get behind it.

I'm not surprised they're exploring Julian and Brooke as a pairing. Alexis is basically his only option now that Kim is gone, and that's been a no-go for a while now. Also, Julian hasn't been publicly reviled lately, and hooking up with Ned's daughter will spark outrage among people whose business it should never be. And Brooke Lynne has always been a shit-stirrer, which this is in spades.

• Love 3