Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

MEK is all of nine years younger than Richard Dean Anderson. On a show where Jane Elliot played Wally Kurth's mother, I don't think many would blink at him playing the father of 40-something children.

Though I agree with jsbt that he might not be a good fit as Jeff. It would be hard not to see Tad, for one thing.

• Love 3
23 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

MEK is all of nine years younger than Richard Dean Anderson. On a show where Jane Elliot played Wally Kurth's mother, I don't think many would blink at him playing the father of 40-something children.

Though I agree with jsbt that he might not be a good fit as Jeff. It would be hard not to see Tad, for one thing.

Oops! Sorry. I thought MEK, even with his gray hair, was even younger than that, lol. That said, I can't see Becky standing next to him and me going, "Oh yeah, she totally looks like his daughter." She looks young, but not that THAT young. But mileage varies. 

You're right about JE and WK, though, which is even funnier given that they played lovers on DAYS.

Edited by UYI
  • Love 1

MEK might be a little young to play Jeff Webber, but he is actually the right age to play Tom Hardy, which I doubt he is playing. 

Of course they will either desperately try connect he through out the canvas, or they will make him the big bad villan. 

Edited by Ambrosefolly

I'm not totally interested in having Tom Hardy back, after what happened with Felecia the last time.  Much rather see Dr. Jeff.  That said, I wouldn't be surprised if it was just some random villain.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, ouinason said:

I'm not totally interested in having Tom Hardy back, after what happened with Felecia the last time.  Much rather see Dr. Jeff.  That said, I wouldn't be surprised if it was just some random villain.

That was over 20 years ago and the relationship was so insignificant that it is never referenced. So of course Frank and Co. would go there. 

On 8/24/2019 at 9:26 PM, Ambrosefolly said:

That was over 20 years ago and the relationship was so insignificant

Not for the people who remember their sex scenes. They were supposed to be VERY explicit, even for the mid 90's. 

The relationship was insignificant. The sex scenes were scarring. I was a young teen at the time, hormones were starting to rage, I was into hot people doing naughty things on TV, and I thought they were gross.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, UYI said:

Not for the people who remember their sex scenes. They were supposed to be VERY explicit, even for the mid 90's. 

Probably to make up for horrific dullness of that coupling. MA was just devoid of screen presence in that role.

• Love 2

I wish they would bring in Tom Hardy, Jr. Elizabeth said back on the 50th anniversary that he was in med school, right? He'd be a grown-up doctor now. He could be paired with any number of people - Maxie, Lucas, Lulu, Terry, whoever. That could be fun. I want this show to be fun.

Um, topic? If Tommy were cast, the soap press would talk about it, probably.

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

The relationship was insignificant. The sex scenes were scarring. I was a young teen at the time, hormones were starting to rage, I was into hot people doing naughty things on TV, and I thought they were gross.

Yep. It was gross. I was a huge JnJ Days fan.... so when Days fired him and then I heard he was coming to GH I was excited. But it was just awful....

chemistry happens.... you cant force it. Something current GH refuses to accept. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, makelemons said:

chemistry happens.... you cant force it. Something current GH refuses to accept. 

And the platinum? standard is Luke and Laura. DESPITE the horrific story line, and how Monty handled it when they kept Geary, the chemistry between Genie and Geary was off the charts. And was still there for this viewer, when Laura returned to marry Scotty again. I just remember the look on Geary's face--the way he smiled...the way his eyes lit up when he saw Genie on the deck of the Haunted Star. And that was after he'd trashed that couple, telling fans to "get over themselves" and other nonsense. Sorry Tony, but that coupling MADE you.

• Love 16

He's the kid who found Peter chained to the bed in the cabin when Liesl held him captive. The actor is a kid Frank used on OLTL. He was very cute there, but he wasn't asked to do much. He's not entirely capable of what he's asked to do on GH.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I adored Patrick Gibbons' Sam on OLTL. He was the cutest, most natural little kid I'd seen in a while. But Wyatt? Was a complete bust and not anyone who needs to return. PG also was pretty bad in the role, such as it was. So yeah, add me to the chorus of 'no more. And now he gets a mom? I mean sure, why not? It's not like there are other existing characters on the show who aren't being used...

When was the last time we saw Laura and Kevin? Lucas (who?) and Brad? And I don't mean in support of others, but in their own story.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, tvgoddess said:

Could I vomit any more?

They have to be trolling us. Are they planning to include Sonny shooting Dante, Kristina getting injured in a car bomb that he ordered, Michael getting shot in his warehouse, Michael/Kristina/Morgan getting kidnapped as kids?

Most of the comments regarding anything Sonny-related are negative so it’s not like they have no idea what the reactions to this are. It’s unfortunate because there’s so much classic GH that people would love to see and they waste time with stuff like this

• Love 7
32 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Thanks for this. I kind of feel like like most of it was for my benefit lol even though I do not like Finn. I'm glad to at least see what ME feels is in store for Finn and Hayden because I want to know. Sorry for the fans that wanted to see them back together but I liked Hayden more when she first arrived and didn't care what people thought (although I'll take whatever I can get). And of course it's always nice to hear Rebecca being complimented. He obviously genuinely likes her a great deal.

When I went to an event in May to meet RB, I listened to what ME had to say about his various characters, a lot of what was said here:

"I enjoyed that.  McBain not saying “I love you” for 10 years, being on daytime and being able to do that – now that is quite the accomplishment!"

I remember him saying that and I thought how weird it was.

• Love 1

You know I could probably deal with that collection if they spread the wealth around and did a similar thing for Mac Scorpio(the best dad in GH history) and other characters who had meaningful relationships/moments w/ their kids on the show that I find preferable than Sonny(and anyone).

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

What do I have to do to get a Robin collection? Fucking hell.

See? She would be more worthy she's had plenty of memorable moments.

Finding out Robert/Anna were her parents, losing Stone, finding out she had HIV, when Jason carried her off the Nurses's Ball stage, Emma's birth etc.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Could I vomit any more?

1) Isn't "All Sonny's Children" the show everyday?  Why do we need a special collection to see his kids kissing his ass when we can just turn on our TVs? 

2) So every collection has been centere around the noxiouos Trinity + Sam, right?  C'mon, Frank, spread the wealth.

3) This is also speaks to how arrested his children are as characters,  Despite having been of storyline ages for years, Michael, Morgan, Kristina, etc. could never anchor a collection like this because everything in their lives still runs through Sonny.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

3) This is also speaks to how arrested his children are as characters,  Despite having been of storyline ages for years, Michael, Morgan, Kristina, etc. could never anchor a collection like this because everything in their lives still runs through Sonny.

Its probably an unpopular opinion but this is why former lead characters need to fade into the background once their kids grow up. During any other time in GH history, Kristina’s DoD storyline and Michael with baby Wiley would have been led by the 20-something characters, not the 40/50+ year old adults in their lives. This insistence on having Sonny be a mainstay on the canvas completely infantilized his children to the point where their parents take over all of their storylines 

• Love 13

Michael E. Knight's not playing Tad, which is for sure for the best:

https://ew.com/tv/2019/09/18/general-hospital-michael-knight-tad-martin/

I...don't understand why this coy article ("We can't tell you who he's playing and we can't tell you how long he'll be around and we'll use as many words as possible to say nothing") is even on EW.com.  It's so much more of a SOD or even Michael Fairman thing.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

No surprise. As much as I hated Shiloh, CRM was a breath of fresh air in terms of acting ability. I'd welcome him back as another character any day!

Soap Opera Digest

COBY RYAN MCLAUGHLIN OUT AT GH

September 20, 2019 11:16AM

Coby Ryan McLaughlin, who joined GH late last year as now-incarcerated cult leader Shiloh, has ended his run. He commented on the news via an Instagram video, saying, “Hey guys, I just want to give a shout-out to everybody that made the experience that I had on GENERAL HOSPITAL so absolutely incredible. I’ve never been involved in a show like that before, I’ve never seen such incredible fans. You guys are truly amazing. I had an incredible time and I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for making me feel so welcome.”

• Love 1
On 9/20/2019 at 1:23 PM, Sake614 said:

No surprise. As much as I hated Shiloh, CRM was a breath of fresh air in terms of acting ability. I'd welcome him back as another character any day!

His storyline went south when it turned into a sex cult that Samdal had to be rescued by Jason, then repeated "he's not going to jail!" false starts to keep him around.

When he first came on, I was hoping DoD was going to be a DVX front to take over PC, and using the power of the cult of personality was going to take down sidetrack Sonny and his minions, without a way to hack, shoot, or coerce his way out.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

So the name of Michael E. Knight's character is MARTIN Gray, geddit! #eyeroll

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/exclusive-michael-e-knight-on-joining-gh/

It also sounds like this all came about because he called Frank looking for a job?  So that speaks well to the writers having an thought-out plan for a role they then went to cast. #anothereyeroll

Another failed character out of the gate? Excellent! /s

• LOL 2

Hayley Erin ended up being fine, but ugh, no to Kiki, no.

And she shouldn't come running back.  Now that she's got a primetime credit, girl should try for a recurring role on a CW show or something.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, ouinason said:

Look, when we see a body, they better stay dead.  I will give them the Morgan and Nickolas spec and returns, but FUCK if i'm taking Kiki back.

Kiki sucked big time. She treated her mom like shit the entire time she was on the show. So no, I have no need for her to come rushing back in whatever ridiculous story FV writes. And even if there's a twin, you just know that she'll do the same exact thing to Ava. "You never looked for me! You didn't love me!" Blah blah blah. I have nothing against HE, but she can go elsewhere.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Hayley Erin ended up being fine, but ugh, no to Kiki, no.

And she shouldn't come running back.  Now that she's got a primetime credit, girl should try for a recurring role on a CW show or something.

Girl should probably go to school and get a degree. I think HE is pretty cool but her acting is . . . not so great.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1