Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

Fan wars for one episode, that doesn't impact anything else? its not like i suggested killing off Potsie or making Bob his bio-dad.

i'm just sick of Low Energy KeMo still being catered to and treated like a Lead on this show, when she cant be bothered to show up...

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, makelemons said:

i'm just sick of Low Energy KeMo still being catered to and treated like a Lead on this show, when she cant be bothered to show up...

I think people thought you meant in general, not just one episode.

It might be too soon to say but I don't think KMo is treated as a lead at the moment. She was on 5 episodes last month and it looks about the same this month.

• Useful 1
56 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I think people thought you meant in general, not just one episode.

It might be too soon to say but I don't think KMo is treated as a lead at the moment. She was on 5 episodes last month and it looks about the same this month.

Interesting. She recently renewed her contract so I wonder if they reduced her minimums.

5 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It feels like a lot of people who re-signed have lower minimums, though sometimes "lower" is a very relative term. 

Well Sam was on a lot earlier so this could just be downtime which can last about three months. I'm sure they did reduce her minimums though although maybe not by much.

• Love 1

Yeah, for everyone except Sonny and Carly (for the most part), there seems to be an ebb and flow for stories. So it makes sense that we're not seeing all that much of KeMo now when we saw her a lot in the previous weeks/months. And with Sam in jail, there's not much beyond her whining about wanting to get out that they can do with her. She's not Erica Kane. Ha!

I think the pacing has improved—we don't seem to have stories introduced and then dropped for months much anymore—but there's still the problem of Sonny and Carly being shoved into stories they don't belong simply to meet their minimums.

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

So are we missing out on A Christmas Carol GH Style today? Can't say I'm broken up about it.

No. That episode was scheduled for Monday. And will air anyway on Monday according to gh twitter.

• Love 1
On 12/17/2019 at 10:33 AM, tvgoddess said:

but mostly Finn focusing on how he can be a good father to Violet.

I wish that kid would throw a tantrum about "Where is mommy?  I want my mommy!",  and stop being so damned perfect.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, ciarra said:

I wish that kid would throw a tantrum about "Where is mommy?  I want my mommy!",  and stop being so damned perfect.

She should be saying that anyway even if she wasn't being painted as perfect. It isn't realistic for her to just get over her mommy disappearing and being left with essentially two strangers. Makes me sick.

• Love 7
16 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

there's still the problem of Sonny and Carly being shoved into stories they don't belong simply to meet their minimums.

Genie Francis is another who must now have high minimums, because Laura is everywhere and in everyone's business since GF's most recent return.  People don't complain about it much (here, anyway) because of the character's historical importance and popularity, and the writers did at least come up with the mayor position to make it more reasonable. (But does she have an actual office? She always seems to be at the police station or some local business.) 

I'm neutral on the topic, but I do admire GF for getting such a sweet deal for herself.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Genie Francis is another who must now have high minimums, because Laura is everywhere and in everyone's business since GF's most recent return.  People don't complain about it much (here, anyway) because of the character's historical importance and popularity, and the writers did at least come up with the mayor position to make it more reasonable. (But does she have an actual office? She always seems to be at the police station or some local business.) 

I'm neutral on the topic, but I do admire GF for getting such a sweet deal for herself.  

Blame it on HACKFRANK and his slashing the budget and giving us cheap ASS scenery and lack of different/more offices.

Genie DESERVES whatever deal she's got after this show, and not just this regime, has screwed her over. I'd rather see Laura every single day than the SheBeast and Mooby ONE day.

That said, yeah, Laura, I don't understand why you don't entertain the notion that maybe your good for nothing, moronic son faked his death.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

(But does she have an actual office? She always seems to be at the police station or some local business.) 

Like they're going to fork over the dough to create a mayor's office!

26 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

That said, yeah, Laura, I don't understand why you don't entertain the notion that maybe your good for nothing, moronic son faked his death.

Seriously. Laura herself came back from the "dead," and she's been in Port Charles long enough to see it happen to others. She shouldn't dismiss the idea that Nik is back so quickly. Plus, she knows they never found a body. That alone should give her a reason to be hopeful.

• Love 7

I know Laura doesn't know she lives in a soap but both Lucky and Jake were thought to dead and were simply kidnapped by a Cassadine  not to mention Nicholas's own father  .

• Love 4
On 12/17/2019 at 10:55 AM, tvgoddess said:

Um, what fresh hell is this? I told you they were going to shove him down our throats. He's basically the new Sonny, except he doesn't kill people.

I sometimes think that the person who ends up getting featured in these things is the one who didn't get any time off.

• Love 1

I think a straight up Christmas Carol rendition is much better than the "x's christmas carol" crap that we could be getting.  I don't need Finn's christmas' past, present, or future, thanks.  We could be getting Franco's Wonderful Life.  Just... take that in.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Seriously. Laura herself came back from the "dead," and she's been in Port Charles long enough to see it happen to others. She shouldn't dismiss the idea that Nik is back so quickly. Plus, she knows they never found a body. That alone should give her a reason to be hopeful.

I like to think that if someone said they saw Nikolas chained up somewhere, she might be more willing to believe that.  I'm choosing to believe that she can't imagine that if Nikolas is alive and free that he would let Spenser (or her) continue to believe he was dead. 

When Laura, Lucky and Jake came back from the dead, they had been held captive and didn't just choose to not tell people.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, Mrs. Stanwyck said:

I like to think that if someone said they saw Nikolas chained up somewhere, she might be more willing to believe that.  I'm choosing to believe that she can't imagine that if Nikolas is alive and free that he would let Spenser (or her) continue to believe he was dead. 

When Laura, Lucky and Jake came back from the dead, they had been held captive and didn't just choose to not tell people.

When Laura finally sees Nikolas is alive, I hope that the writers would remember how Nikolas had blasted Laura when she faked her death. At the time, he was completely devastated that she would do that him for her own reasons (really it was a Luke plan) meanwhile a bunch of people including Lucky knew that she was alive. Unlike back then, the people that know about Nikolas are all people that care about Laura and are all lying to her because of Nikolas stupid plans to get the codicil.

• Love 8
15 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I like that the show is doing something different. It's taking a bit of a creative chance, and I appreciate that.

If it were someone else that was the focus (besides the obvious), then I could appreciate it. But that promo makes my skin crawl.

No real spoilers about the episode itself other than liking her costume and acting with ME

On 12/21/2019 at 10:12 AM, tv echo said:

Kathleen Gati Previews 'General Hospital's 'A Christmas Carol' Episode
Michael Maloney December 20, 2019
https://www.tvinsider.com/843309/general-hospital-christmas-carol-episode-kathleen-gati-dr-obrecht/

Worth looking at for the sheer campiness of the embedded clip, the year that Obrecht was chief of staff and responsible for the Christmas story, appearing as the Krampus.

• Love 1

Man, why did they give his character a baby again? Excerpt of Eden McCoy talking (Joss) about Chad Duell and babies:

"But it's always funny to see Chad try to hold an infant! He just doesn't want to, at all." And then she goes on to say how it's hard because they're so small and you don't want to hold it the wrong way and look like a moron and have people talk about how you can't hold a baby. And then says that is why Chad is never seen holding a baby in a scene because he mostly refuses to do it.

I mean I get it, holding someone's else's baby can be nervewracking but he's 32 years old and an actor. Go get some darn practice.

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I mean I get it, holding someone's else's baby can be nervewracking but he's 32 years old and an actor. Go get some darn practice.

Seriously. It's not that difficult. And considering babies can't be under the lights for all that long, it's not as if he's holding one for hours, even with twins. Grow up, Duell.

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, ulkis said:

And then says that is why Chad is never seen holding a baby in a scene because he mostly refuses to do it.

or hire someone that performs whats written on the page.  how are the inmates over at GH able to dictate all of this stuff that they will and wont do??

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, makelemons said:

how are the inmates over at GH able to dictate all of this stuff that they will and wont do??

Holding a baby is such a small thing, too. The only time I will support an actor dictating stuff is when it comes to love scenes and what they will/won't do and how much skin they'll show.

• Love 8
51 minutes ago, ulkis said:

"But it's always funny to see Chad try to hold an infant! He just doesn't want to, at all." . . . And then says that is why Chad is never seen holding a baby in a scene because he mostly refuses to do it.

OK -- he can't and won't hold babies. In the years when the men were dancing prior to stripping at the Nurses' Balls, he could clearly be seen counting as he tried to keep up with the moves. He doesn't seem to generate chemistry with any women that he's paired with. He never seems to be enthusiastic about much of anything in whatever scene he's in . . . So, is there anything he CAN do?

• LOL 4
  • Love 8

I have called him Droopy Dog sometimes, so we're getting to the same destination by different routes! 

Giving Michael a baby was a strange decision. It definitely wasn't something Duell was pushing for. In fact, he was clear about not wanting it.  While Nelle was pregnant, he said he didn't think a baby was something Michael needed in his life at that point. I'm sure he'd have been relieved if the story had ended with Nelle's fall down the stairs.  

Not that I have any idea what he'd rather Michael be doing.  "Supporting" his family members, alluding to offscreen ELQ things, and having a romantic story that mostly consists of sitting in restaurants and talking? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, ulkis said:

Man, why did they give his character a baby again? Excerpt of Eden McCoy talking (Joss) about Chad Duell and babies:

"But it's always funny to see Chad try to hold an infant! He just doesn't want to, at all." And then she goes on to say how it's hard because they're so small and you don't want to hold it the wrong way and look like a moron and have people talk about how you can't hold a baby. And then says that is why Chad is never seen holding a baby in a scene because he mostly refuses to do it.

Why is he employed?

• Love 11

I guess this isn't particularly shocking at this point, but in an Instagram post celebrating the new year the other day, Kimberly McCullough revealed that she is officially retired from acting, including it as one of many things she did in the previous decade. Not surprising, really, except that I think this was the first time she actually confirmed it directly. I'm glad she's found her true calling as a director and has been doing so well at it. 🙂 

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Oh man! Does this mean no more Robin visits? Dammit.

I feel like she meant retired from acting except for the occasional return to GH. I got the feeling she'll almost always be willing to do that, but her auditioning days for other projects are done forever.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I would have thought she stopped auditioning quite some time ago; she had so few screen credits in the 2010s (besides GH). Maybe she was doing stage for longer? 

received a hand written note from Kyle MacLachlan

I wonder what that was about. Congratulations/appreciation on the episode of his sitcom she directed? Not surprised if so. He has always seemed really sweet. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, UYI said:

I feel like she meant retired from acting except for the occasional return to GH. I got the feeling she'll almost always be willing to do that, but her auditioning days for other projects are done forever.

Yeah, exactly. I think she’s always willing to do anything for GH. But other than that, she’s no longer attempting to work as an actress on anything else.

I’ll always miss her, but the great thing about soaps is I have decades of content to rewatch whenever. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I would have thought she stopped auditioning quite some time ago; she had so few screen credits in the 2010s (besides GH). Maybe she was doing stage for longer? 

I'm not sure if she was doing stage work recently, but she was definitely doing plays from a young age; here's an appearance of hers on the Tonight Show in 1988 at age 10, which includes a number she did in an LA stage production of Les Miserables. And of course, she had already been on GH for nearly three years by then.

• Love 1

Looking thru KMc's IG and she had a TBT with Freddie Prinze, Jr.  That reminded me--and this is for all the old school peeps--when she was dating him and her mother used to post on a message board about how he was ruining her life and stealing her away from her family.  

• Love 4

well this should be interesting to see...

TUNE-IN ALERT!

GH’S CHAD DUELL BOOKS PRIME-TIME ROLE

January 16, 2020 9:18AM

Daytime Emmy winner Chad Duell will guest star on The CW series ARROW on Tuesday, January 21. “I had an awesome time; it was a great experience,” Duell tells Digest. Though he can’t reveal anything about that role he’ll be playing, Duell previews that it’s nothing like his Port Charles alter ego. “I loved being part of show,” he sums up.

• Useful 1

3 hours ago, Sake614 said:

well this should be interesting to see...

TUNE-IN ALERT!

GH’S CHAD DUELL BOOKS PRIME-TIME ROLE

January 16, 2020 9:18AM

Daytime Emmy winner Chad Duell will guest star on The CW series ARROW on Tuesday, January 21. “I had an awesome time; it was a great experience,” Duell tells Digest. Though he can’t reveal anything about that role he’ll be playing, Duell previews that it’s nothing like his Port Charles alter ego. “I loved being part of show,” he sums up.

40 minutes ago, ouinason said:

On one hand, I really wanna see CD outside GH, on the other, I don't wanna watch Arrow out of context, and i'm too far behind!  fuck

It doesn't matter. That's the SERIES finale of the show. I'm hoping he's some extra that gets killed off within the first five minutes. He is SOOOOO out of his league with the cast on that show.