Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

6 ABC in Philly pre-empts every day with updates of Montgomery County, which is where I live and at least a 40-minute drive from Philadelphia.  That made sense at first because we were an early hot-spot in Pennsylvania, but now Philly has far surpassed us in terms of cases and infection rate.  I just think that’s kinda weird that they keep doing it.

We get the free(ish) version of Hulu with my son's Spotify account, and I was please to discover that they now run GH the same day, after about 8 p.m. Eastern time.

I'm probably the last to know that, but just in case there are any fellow rock-dwellers here....  

By the way, Tristan said on Twitter yesterday that he thinks there are about five weeks worth of shows left, but that also we should expect that the break will lead to changes in current SLs when they come back. (Cryptic!)  

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

we should expect that the break will lead to changes in current SLs when they come back.

I won't be mad if some of the stories are hastily ended: Cyrus and all the orbiting stories (TJ/Molly, Taggert being dirty, etc.); the idiotic custody story; Lulu/Brook Lynn can grow the fuck up and hate each other from afar instead of constantly bickering. Let's have Obrecht be able to definitively point the finger at Peter and get that going; rev up Ava and Nik or end them as a couple; and decide what Nelle and Valentin are: allies or archenemies?

• Love 2

When the show goes on hiatus and there is nothing new to talk about, we should do a Virtual Showrunning: the rewrites we want, the storylines we want wrapped up and how, and the ones we want started.

• Useful 1
4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

When the show goes on hiatus and there is nothing new to talk about, we should do a Virtual Showrunning: the rewrites we want, the storylines we want wrapped up and how, and the ones we want started.

Or just go down the YouTube Rabbit Hole and post clips of our favorite scenes (Sean and Tiffany's HILARIOUS Wedding), story lines, and talk about them!

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Two things to report on for those who might be interested:

1. I haven't yet watched this myself, but Brad Maule (Tony) appeared on SBu and BA's show the other day. It feels SO GOOD to see his face again, even in just the thumbnail. ❤️

2. Today there is going to be a mini GH/GL reunion, hosted by former ATWT/GL PR department member Alan Locher (who has also hosted previous ATWT/GL online reunions recently), featuring actors who have starred on both shows, including Laura, Wes (Yes, I know, Laura's boyfriend--damn it, I loved him as Sam on GL! DON'T JUDGE ME!), Emme, and Cynthia. You know, because GH is still on the air, it's easy for me to forget sometimes that these are people who still haven't seen each other in awhile, given how the set has been shut down for a month or so, so while it's not a "reunion" in the same way the others have been, it technically still counts, and they will be discussing GL in addition to GH. 

Here's the link for the livestream (which doesn't embed):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QxK_eHsL0E

• Useful 1
On 4/15/2020 at 4:34 PM, ulkis said:
On 4/15/2020 at 2:58 PM, Sake614 said:

I don't think ABC7 in NY is airing it in the middle of the night. 

ABC7 wasn't pre-empted today.

The 3 p.m. showing preempted for the NJ governor's news conference, but I'm watching the show on the affiliates alternative channel. It's channel 1270 on Spectrum, and you can google it for other providers.

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

The 3 p.m. showing preempted for the NJ governor's news conference, but I'm watching the show on the affiliates alternative channel. It's channel 1270 on Spectrum, and you can google it for other providers.

Thanks! It took some doing but I found the sister station on Fios and set my TiVo to record every weekday. If the ABC7 feed comes through I'll just delete the other one. 

Here's the link to yesterday's GH/GL livestream. Again, I know some of the actors here aren't your favorites for whatever reason, I just wanted to share this here for those who are interested. 🙂

(Apologies for all the extra space here; I accidentally copied and pasted something else here first and now it looks funky AF and I can't fix it.) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QxK_eHsL0E

Edited by UYI
  • Love 1

This is a soap wide thing but it includes some (former, maybe present too?) GH people/fans so I'll share it here too:

There is going to be a primetime special called The Story of Soaps this May 19th on ABC. It looks like it was done prior to everything going on right now, but with all the soap reruns/soap reunions online it's all the more appropriate today! How cool. 🙂 

https://people.com/tv/story-of-soaps-first-look/

• Love 4
On 4/16/2020 at 12:46 AM, Auntie Velvet said:

By the way, Tristan said on Twitter yesterday that he thinks there are about five weeks worth of shows left, but that also we should expect that the break will lead to changes in current SLs when they come back. (Cryptic!)  

They should take a page from GH's-by-way-of-DESPERATE-HOUSEWIVES-and-a-bunch-of-other-shows books and do a five year time skip where a bunch of things changed and it's a big mystery as to why.  That would be a good way to shake things up and dump some of the more deadweight plots.

• Love 6

5 years from now:  Sonny and Jason, having saved PC and all of NY State from OMG teh EVUL Cyrus Renault, as well as all other evildoers, are now President and VP. Starbucks has been replaced by Corinthos Coffee nationwide, while the National Guard distributes Sonny's gummy bears shipment.

Nina and Nelle bonded and left town with WIley, never to be seen or heard from again. Maxie is now Editor in Chief of Crimson.

Chase and Willow reunited and he is now Commissioner of the PCPD.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

(from article about Chad D., Ulkis' link above).

He just stood there for an hour while Carly (Michael’s mother, currently played by Laura Wright) did her usual yelling like she wanted to speak to a manager.

Good one.

• Love 6

That article is wonderful.

He should be a mess who needs copious therapy. Yet he has the demeanor of a bland hero in a Hallmark movie who helps the heroine save her bakery mixed with the asexual energy of a guy who does finger guns and pronounces Target like it is French. 

...   They could even do a drinking and driving story with parallels to the famous story where A.J. ended up giving his brother (and Michael’s almost father/uncle) Jason the brain damage that resulted in him being the perpetually constipated hitman we know today. 

...  Sonny’s clown car full of kids

...   Sonny and Carly could order Jason to kill Nelle, but Jason misses and hits Michael’s girlfriend Willow instead. Willow could die in Michael’s arms and reignite his recognition of how toxic his parents are. This is the least likely option to happen because this show refuses to let Sonny and Carly be portrayed as villains when that’s what they are. 

...  Michael and Willow getting married soon, which I’m dreading. Those two, as a couple, would be like slathering mayo on a rice cake. It is dead on arrival

I think I like the idea of Jason accidentally killing Sasha the most. it wold get rid of a character who is long past her Best Before date and hopefully finally spur Michael into getting a backbone.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, statsgirl said:

They could even do a drinking and driving story with parallels to the famous story where A.J. ended up giving his brother (and Michael’s almost father/uncle) Jason the brain damage that resulted in him being the perpetually constipated hitman we know today. 

I have issues with the bolded. AJ didn't give Jaysus anything, accidentally or otherwise. It was Jason himself, the idiot, who jumped into the car to try and stop AJ. Jason and Jason alone is responsible. AJ is a screw up, but he he didn't make Jason get in the car with him. It was a tragic accident all around.

• Love 4

For the JT/Patrick groupies here! (Y'all know who you are. 😉 😄 ) 

Edited by UYI
Because Patrick has only one "T", not two. My keyboard runs amuck WAY too often these days. -_-
  • Love 2
On 4/27/2020 at 11:05 PM, statsgirl said:

That article is wonderful.

Thank you for quoting those passages. I’m usually too lazy to click on links, so I didn’t see the article. But those were too good to miss.

• Love 1

Sorry not to provide the links, but there are some interesting YT shows cropping up that I don't think I've seen mentioned here.

NLG has one called "Soaps in Quarantine," and she just interviewed Tony Geary. It was interesting about his choice to move to Amsterdam, what his home is like (I couldn't help thinking about how Kristin and Brandon conceived there!), and his feelings about Luke over the years. I don't completely agree with his mania against "normalizing" Luke, but it was interesting.

TR and his wife also have one called "Six Blocks Apart," which isn't always about soaps, but I think he's had at least one GH guest so far. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Just read that GH will run out of new episodes next week. Last new episode will air 5/21. Then we will be treated to “classic” episodes (a term ABC tends to use loosely) organized by theme, starting with 3 weeks’ worth of Nurses Ball-related episodes from 2014 to present.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Lol I’m guessing they chose the nurses ball because they already had the episodes ready from that online capsule collection? They didn’t have the good NB years on there either

• Useful 1
7 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Just read that GH will run out of new episodes next week. Last new episode will air 5/21. Then we will be treated to “classic” episodes (a term ABC tends to use loosely) organized by theme, starting with 3 weeks’ worth of Nurses Ball-related episodes from 2014 to present.

Not surprising, but I'm disappointed nonetheless. What I wouldn't give to be able to see some of those performances from the 90s again. I know most of them can be found on youtube, but the quality is so poor 😢.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, ffwbe said:

Lol I’m guessing they chose the nurses ball because they already had the episodes ready from that online capsule collection? They didn’t have the good NB years on there either

That's because HACK!FRANK! didn't have any hand in making the GOOD Nurses Ball years! You know, when it was portrayed as a local fundraiser with HEART. And not the unbelievable, cringey "red carpet" attempt at being some kind of awards show.

The only good thing about what will be shown is I'll we'll get to see a SEXAY, Srubby Robert!Fucking!Scorpio! Cold Cock Valentin!🙌

And I know a lot don't care for the term "baby", but I love how Robert calls Robin that, when he tells her he'll explain where he's been. Though of COURSE that was a LIE and I we never got to see any one on one scenes with Robin and Robert.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

The only good thing about what will be shown is I'll we'll get to see a SEXAY, Srubby Robert!Fucking!Scorpio! Cold Cock Valentin!

Easily the best five seconds in recent GH history.

If the studio shut-down lasts long enough, maybe they will have to dig into older ‘classic’ episodes...?  Also, can I have a horsie that poops solid gold?

• Love 2
(edited)

tbh the true classic Nurses Ball years had their fair share of cringey performances, too, just saying. *hides* 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 11
38 minutes ago, UYI said:

tbh the true classic Nurses Ball years had their fair share of cringey performances, too, just saying. *hides* 

I would post the clip of Luke and Felicia dancing but someone might punch their screen.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
55 minutes ago, UYI said:

I have had intense secondhand embarrassment at every NB. Some years it's more cringey than others, but there's always at least one act that never should have seen the light of day.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I have had intense secondhand embarrassment at every NB. Some years it's more cringey than others, but there's always at least one act that never should have seen the light of day.

I thought I was the only one who was so embarrassed for these people performing at the NB. Not to mention Lucy as the MC. Dear God, what a mess!

• Love 9

Disappointed as well at the definition of “classic,” particularly as I catch a few minutes here and there of Y&R. But looking on the bright side, 2014 means we get KA’s Kiki and of course Nurse Santiago and several iterations of Magic Milo!!! 🙄 

I wonder if using fairly recent episodes is the producers’ way of trying to get the greatest number of current actors a paycheck? On a similar note, I’ll bet LH is on more episodes in these three weeks than in a typical year.

• Love 1

I usually watch the show on Hulu but they only play “new” episodes. Does anyone know if there will be another platform to watch the NB episodes other than at the appointed day and time (or on demand)? 

• Useful 1
On 5/15/2020 at 2:22 PM, ulkis said:

I would post the clip of Luke and Felicia dancing but someone might punch their screen.

Don't subtweet me

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

I usually watch the show on Hulu but they only play “new” episodes. Does anyone know if there will be another platform to watch the NB episodes other than at the appointed day and time (or on demand)? 

Hulu usually has the reruns once they air them again but you have to select the season they originally aired

• Useful 1
52 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Dom wants (begging) to come back to GH. I guess since his whole family is there and he’s well liked it’s safe to assume he’ll be back. I guess he wanted a break but I’m also guessing the acting jobs were far and few in between. Either way, I’m okay with it.

https://daytimeconfidential.com/2020/05/19/dominic-zamprogna-reveals-he-wants-to-come-back-to-general-hospital

Last week's episodes felt like they were laying the groundwork for his return. I even commented on it in the episode thread. 

DZ really hasn't done all that much since he left the show. He came back twice, so it doesn't seem like the door was fully closed. And let's face it, things are going to be difficult for actors (and everyone really) with the pandemic. 

• Love 6