Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, driver18 said:

Lila/Edward welcoming him

WHO NEVER MET OSCAR OR KIM OR DREW.

Sorry for the all caps, but that was such a cheap emotional manipulation for me. We already had the entire town (or so it seemed) moaning about how Oscar died too young; we have to get long-dead great-grandparents involved, as well?

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Sorry for the all caps, but that was such a cheap emotional manipulation for me. We already had the entire town (or so it seemed) moaning about how Oscar died too young; we have to get long-dead great-grandparents involved, as well?

In this case, I was OK with it and I know that a lot of other people were too. The idea was that Lila/Edward were watching over the Qs and future Qs from above and welcoming any and all into the fold. That is what made it powerful for so many people.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, driver18 said:
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

In this case, I was OK with it and I know that a lot of other people were too. The idea was that Lila/Edward were watching over the Qs and future Qs from above and welcoming any and all into the fold. That is what made it powerful for so many people.

I understand the symbolism. That doesn't make the sentimentality any less cheap and manipulative, IMO.

Taking this to the history thread, as it's O/T here.

Maybe we'll get a lot of split-screen phone calls? They'll use texts? Semaphores? I don't see how this works, either, especially with people like KeMo, whom we can barely understand on her best days. Having to be eight feet from her scene partner is trolling us!

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Now would be a good time to take a cue from Grey's Anatomy/ER and focus on hospital scenes where wearing masks is expected. That could buy some time. It would mean a lot of Finn though, which ugh for me. But would a fake virus (another monkey virus?) that is going around be too close to the real thing?

I don't know, I'm just trying to imagine this new reality. It's difficult enough to think about the hair and make up being done by the actors themselves. I understand it, but I feel bad for the departments who depend on those jobs. 

Waiting for Carly to start hooking up with Peter lol. Otherwise, we're sexless and non-kissing for the long-term foreseeable future.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

There are ways to make the characters appear closer together together although not touching e.g. green screen, video manipulations. The Patty Duke Show was manipulating people placement in the '60s.

2 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Waiting for Carly to start hooking up with Peter lol. Otherwise, we're sexless and non-kissing for the long-term foreseeable future.

And then there's that ...

not sure where to post this, so I figured this is as good a place as any...with all the emphasis on racial injustice and inequality, I wonder if GH will finally get with the program and hire more black actors? And actually give real stories to the ones it currently has on staff? For starters, I'd like to see Jordan out from under Cyrus AND Sonny's thumbs. Ditto for Curtis. I don't want GH to attempt a racial injustice story because it would end up being all about Sonny saving the day. But it would be nice if they utilize the talent they have...

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Sake614 said:

I don't want GH to attempt a racial injustice story

They already did in 2015, when TJ was accused of using a stolen credit card to buy earrings for Molly and was targeted by security at Wyndham's.  It lasted all of 5 seconds.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, ciarra said:

They already did in 2015, when TJ was accused of using a stolen credit card to buy earrings for Molly and was targeted by security at Wyndham's.  It lasted all of 5 seconds.

which is why I don't want another one.

• Love 3

GH is awful about race. I am probably the least woke person you will ever meet and I think GH is terrible with diveristy. One of the many problems I had with Guza is that he undid a lot of the diversity that the show was trying to introduce in the late 80s and 90s. 

• Love 3
(edited)

If Kemo and Billy Miller are still FWB, or whatever they were (and they were something, please don't start with that dumb debate), they may be highly incentivized to get him back.   But i don't know if they are still hitting it. 

Edited by CeChase
1 hour ago, CeChase said:

If Kemo and Billy Miller are still FWB, or whatever they were (and they were something, please don't start with that dumb debate), they may be highly incentivized to get him back.   But i don't know if they are still hitting it. 

Aww were they only FWB, I thought they were actually dating.  I saw them together on a talk show a while back and they were all sparkly, I almost didn’t recognize her, there was so much energy.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

Aww were they only FWB, I thought they were actually dating.  I saw them together on a talk show a while back and they were all sparkly, I almost didn’t recognize her, there was so much energy.

At this point, I think it's safe to say that Kelly hates Sam.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

They may have been more.  they may still be, I don't think anyone knows.  

(edited)
5 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Who could blame her?

I would blame her. No one is forcing her to stay on this show or acting so listless with about most of the other cast members. The character of Sam has changed much since she first started except connecting to a family with Alexis and some kids that she rarely seems to considered them when making dumb choices. But she used to have a little bit more energy that what she brings nowadays.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, nilyank said:

I would blame her. No one is forcing her to stay on this show or acting so listless with about most of the other cast members. The character of Sam has changed much since she first started except connecting to a family with Alexis and some kids that she rarely seems to considered them when making dumb choices. But she used to have a little bit more energy that what she brings nowadays.

I'll give you the low energy part, but how is it Kelly's fault that her character is a total dishrag? It's not her fault that her character doesn't seem to care about anyone but the human blob. 

We rarely see Rocco on screen, but Lulu talks about him. They can't even bother to do that with Sam. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I'll give you the low energy part, but how is it Kelly's fault that her character is a total dishrag? It's not her fault that her character doesn't seem to care about anyone but the human blob. 

We rarely see Rocco on screen, but Lulu talks about him. They can't even bother to do that with Sam. 

yeah, I blame her for the apparent lack of effort but then again, it’s possible that’s how she’s being directed. In which case there really isn’t anything she can do but follow the direction she’s given.

18 hours ago, Hater said:

I think Billy will show up on a soap in the near future, it just won't be General Hospital.  

I don't want him back on Y&R unless they pull a "Dallas" and have the last 5+ years of Billy Abbot's life be a horrible nightmare. It's certainly been one for me! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
45 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

I don't want him back on Y&R unless they pull a "Dallas" and have the last 5+ years of Billy Abbot's life be a horrible nightmare. It's certainly been one for me! 

I don't think it will be YR. More like Bold and the Beautiful.  We'll see.

1 hour ago, tvgoddess said:

Assuming they aren't delayed anymore, I wish I could be more excited by this news. 

well, at least they won't be throwing anymore women at Sonny for a while. And we won't see Wylie again. Or Avery (although I like both kids, I'm fine with them being off screen). No Charlotte!!!! And since there already wasn't any 'love in the afternoon' before COVID, there won't be any now.

I'd just really like them to wrap up all current stories off screen before they resume. That means Mike is dead, Wylie is really someone else's kid, Ned discovered Brook Lynn's betrayal and kicked her to the curb for good, Willow and Chase are back together. Nina discovered that Nelle is really her daughter and they both left PC permanently to bond. 

I'm sure I missed something but can't think right now.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Was rooting for Rebecca, but I knew she wouldn't win. Congrats to Tamara, but it sucks her character was known for being the mom of a character pretty much everyone hated, and an attempted rapist on top of that.

• Love 4

Frank's problem is that he only has enough good material to generate one decent episode a year. And did this win them best writing or best drama? No. Best directing, which while great for them, but without Tamara this is a shutout.

As long as he continues to trot out those four who are one step away from an early grave character wise, they're not winning jack shit.

• Love 4

I've seen this press photo used in a couple places the last few days on articles re: the restart of production and the Emmys and I find it kinda disingenuous about the show's actual content:

q6UBoGUi?format=jpg&name=small

• LOL 1

What do you mean? Of course GH is a warm, family-centric soap, where everyone loves and supports everyone else!

ETA: Color me shocked they use a photo where MB/Sonny is not front and center. And Julian is there!

• Love 5
12 hours ago, seasons said:

Isn't there a forum on primetimer for the daytime emmys? Can't find it.

I found in on the main General Hospital page. Happy for JT! But want to know what the story is with Mo and that woman he was with?

Also, there is a web show with Sean Kanan and the Diane actress? Studio City. Is it any good?

• Love 1
(edited)

B&B is planning on using significant others and/or blow up dolls for love scenes, and GH adding more love scenes to employ those two things does amuse me tbh. It would be the most believable pairing for MB in YEARS! (Yes, I know his wife Paula could serve as a body double; he doesn't need a blow up doll. Let me have this, lol.)

Edited by UYI
(edited)
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

What do you mean? Of course GH is a warm, family-centric soap, where everyone loves and supports everyone else!

Show: Look, we tell inter-generational stories in the hospital using our cherished vets and we have gay characters and POC right up front!

Me: 

FairRareBallpython-size_restricted.gif

Edited by TeeVee329
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, UYI said:

B&B is planning on using significant others and/or blow up dolls for love scenes, and GH adding more love scenes to employ those two things does amuse me tbh. It would be the most believable pairing for MB in YEARS! (Yes, I know his wife Paula could serve as a body double; he doesn't need a blow up doll. Let me have this, lol.)

Either would be more believable than my first thought of trying to pass WR off as MB’s body double. 

25 minutes ago, Kiki777 said:

Blow up dolls!!  I can’t wait for this mess 😂🤣😂

It’ll be a real test for the directing and editing teams, for sure. 

• Love 2
22 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Congrats to Tamara,

Yes, she was convincing as the grieving mother who went off the rails after her son died.

I've gotta say, I was thrilled that GH's former "Patrick" beat "Jason" as lead actor. 

I shook my head that the clip of Oscar's death that GH picked for competition for an Emmy focused on the dead boy with Drew and Kim, when all three actors no longer work at GH.

I was really  taken aback when former "best actor" Maurice Benard and the former "best actress" introduced the next award. Benard both looks much older than his age, and the way he speaks seems wooden/like a struggle to be real, genuine, present and enthusiastic. I have thought that his performance on GH showed that he's not invested these days in being a good actor, but now I actually wonder if there is something genuinely wrong with him. The contrast between him and the actress was glaring IMO.

• Love 4