Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

Yeah . . . I just read that about Haley and came here to see if it had been posted. 

Those pictures are awful. I detest drunk drivers. There are have been a lot of DD incidents in the news recently, and HP better be happy she didn't kill someone. It's not even her first incident.

I don't see GH keeping her around. I think TC was let go for similar reasons but maybe he was drunk on set. I'm not sure. Anyway, I feel sorry for the other person Haley crashed into! As far as HP is concerned, I hope she gets into rehab and figures out her life. She's rich enough to get an Uber if she wants to get lit one night; no need to drive herself. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 8
  • Love 1

Yeah, I saw that and was like, she ain't coming back.  That was just... terrible in every way. She's lucky she's still alive after that. I feel so awful for the other driver.

• Like 6
  • Love 5
(edited)

Yeah that's quite a story.  A hit and run, and then a major crash.  So 2 accidents that night.  The person she hit head on has major injuries, whatever that means.  I really hope they are alright.   I hate drunk drivers.  This is incredibly disappointing, I know nothing about Haley but always liked her Molly.  I think we'll get a perm recast now. This is very bad IMO.

23 hours ago, lala2 said:

Yeah . . . I just read that about Haley and came here to see if it had been posted. 

Those pictures are awful. I detest drunk drivers. There are have been a lot of DD incidents in the news recently, and HP better be happy she didn't kill someone. It's not even her first incident.

I don't see GH keeping her around. I think TC was let go for similar reasons but maybe he was drunk on set. I'm not sure. Anyway, I feel sorry for the other person Haley crashed into! As far as HP is concerned, I hope she gets into rehab and figures out her life. She's rich enough to get an Uber if she wants to get lit one night; no need to drive herself. 

I believe TC was drunk on set, and I never heard about him drunk driving, hurting anyone, or pulling a hit and run.  He has since gotten help.  I also don't think he attacked anyone and screamed "this is a f'ing 400$ shirt!".  

I will NEVER understand them driving themselves after drinking and/or drugging.  I didn't understand it before Uber, when you saw these very famous idiots getting DUI's.  They were rich enough to afford private drivers.  Today,  it is really unfathomable.  I am not wealthy and I always take Uber when drinking. Even out to dinner if I think I'm going to have 2 drinks.  Doesn't matter.  I won't do it.  WTF is wrong with them?

Edited by CeChase
  • Like 14
  • Love 1
(edited)

Haley could have easily ended up like Anne Heche. Anne was the first person I thought of when I saw the mention of two accidents in one night,  being inebriated and getting stuck in her car. In Anne's case though after her autopsy and further testing it was discovered that she wasn't impaired chemically at least.

I know what Haley did is awful no doubt and that she's responsible for everything that happened due to her actions. I do find it sad at the same time that she's probably an alcoholic with further substance abuse issues.

Edited by Jaded
  • Like 2

This is shameful.  She clearly has a problem and needs help. I hope she gets it before she kills herself or someone else.  In the meantime, her victim is in my thoughts.

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

Really gross behavior. She could easily have killed many people, and there’s just no excuse anymore. Uber is widely available and she’s young enough to have lived her entire life understanding the serious and dire results of drunk driving. 

More Davis girl recasts I guess. 

• Like 9
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 5/17/2023 at 12:40 PM, racked said:

Uber is widely available and she’s young enough to have lived her entire life understanding the serious and dire results of drunk driving. 

She has a problem. That much is clear. A couple of weeks ago, NLG tweeted at her to call her mother. 

This is hopefully her rock bottom. She's has her whole life ahead of her. Let's hope she gets the help she needs and that she recovers and moves forward by making positive changes in her life.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Like 9
19 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

She has a problem. That much is clear. A couple of weeks ago, NLG tweeted at her to call her mother. 

This is hopefully her rock bottom. She's only 24 and has her whole life ahead of her. Let's hope she gets the help she needs and that she recovers and moves forward by making positive changes in her life.

Oh I did not see that.  

• Like 1
(edited)

Those pictures are horrific and the report is almost as bad. HP is lucky to be alive. But tbqh soaps (including GH) have brought back people with far crazier rap sheets than HP, and GH is still employing people who've struggled, so I won't rule anything out. I think she should definitely go, but I hope she gets her life together. If that happens (and if no one dies because of her foolishness) I would welcome her back.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, CeChase said:

I will NEVER understand them driving themselves after drinking and/or drugging.  I

I feel the same.  Even before ride sharing was available they are rich and can afford drivers.  Never made sense to me, and even less so now.  I Uber pretty frequently.  Even if I’m not planning to drink a lot I don’t like to drive at night and if I have a cocktail or two I definitely don’t feel comfortable, even if I’m under the legal limit.  It’s so easy and affordable now, there’s really no excuse (not that there ever was an excuse).

I don’t know if GH will let her come her back.  This is why I really hate learning about actor’s personal lives, usually I end up disliking them.  She’s a young lady and a decent actress, I hope she’s able to straighten herself out.

On a selfish note if she doesn’t come back we will have two new Davis sisters on our hands, which is really sad to me.  The dynamic will never be the same.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 3

I wouldn't be opposed to Molly being killed off either. TJ can be free(he's the more interesting character of the pairing) for other storylines. Plus it would provide drama to Alexis etc. There are too many characters on this show anyways.

That being said GH is a better soap off camera than on it. It's only May had there's been so many things going on with the show. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Here's the tweet mentioned which was sent at the end of April.

54 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I wouldn't be opposed to Molly being killed off either.

Same here. She hasn’t really had a purpose in quite some time. How ironic that she was finally getting a storyline.  Although if Molly goes, TJ will probably go, too, and that will be a shame.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

It’s hard to compete against thousands of actresses but it don’t help her to be on the blacklist.

How to spend all that money to blow it up in the end? $400 shirt? Damn girl 

If your agent tell you to change your look… it don’t matter because they don’t care about you. Your cast members had to try to get you back on the right track? Wow

If you ended up dead… imagine how we feel about losing you. You got time to think this over but don’t wait too long to get yourself some real help. Redemption is possible but only if you choose to do so… 

16 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

Same here. She hasn’t really had a purpose in quite some time. How ironic that she was finally getting a storyline.  Although if Molly goes, TJ will probably go, too, and that will be a shame.

I don't think TJ needs to go anywhere. He's had more screentime than Molly in any case.

They're about to start a storyline with Molly and Kristina with two recasts. I don't know if anyone will care about it.

I wonder if the show knew about the whole thing or if they found out from TMZ.

(edited)

I wish I could say that I'm surprised by this turn of events, but I'm not.  From what little I've seen of HP's social media over the years, her personality comes off like she might be the type to have a little trouble.  But more than that, it's her last few appearances on GH that gave me pause.  She looked like someone that was partying way too hard or worse, especially in the face.

I wasn't expecting anything this horrific though.  She is very lucky to be alive, and hopefully the other driver pulls through.  (As for the situation with the firefighter, I can't say that I blame her for that one, especially when she was clearly under the influence.)

I wonder if she and Tajh Bellow are still together?

Hopefully she gets some treatment, and hopefully the show will allow her to return someday.

Edited by Tenshinhan
  • Like 2
(edited)

Ahhhh I liked Molly. I hope this pushes HP to get her shit together.

ETA:  and Scott (KS) being written out too I saw on twitter??Is that true, I think that is the first time I ever looked at any GH twitter.Just when I thought I saw some fun between him and Gladys.

(hmm how can you be written off during a writers strike?)

Edited by Blackie
eta
  • Useful 1

First and foremost, I hope Haley Pullos gets help. She clearly needs it, and came close to harming herself and others with the DUI.

If Molly must be recast for a longer stint...this is just a fantasy, but if the show wants Kate Mansi as Kristina, bring Lexi back as Molly. Hey, if Michael Easton and Roger Howarth can play multiple characters...

• Like 2
4 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Although if Molly goes, TJ will probably go, too, and that will be a shame.

Not necessarily. No matter how Molly (theoretically) exits, it could open up a storyline for him. He is connected to Jordan, Curtis, Marshall, and Stella, and I have a hard time picturing an ABC show in 2023 writing off one of their few younger characters of color. Giving him little to do, sure, but not writing him off. 

But the temporary recast becoming permanent seems the most obvious play.

Cynthia Watros and her co-star Michelle Rodriguez had highly publicized DUI incidents—within 15 minutes of each other!—while they were on ABC"s Lost in 2006. Fortunately, there were no injuries or attacking of firefighters, just straightforward being pulled over on suspicion. Both women were written out of the show within a few weeks, although the showrunners have always maintained that it was planned anyway and the episodes had already been shot.

• Useful 4

Molly is on so little, they don't have to actually write the character off, they can just occasionally allude to her.

4 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

They're about to start a storyline with Molly and Kristina with two recasts. I don't know if anyone will care about it.

Maybe they will reconsider the storyline because the power in it is how much the audience connects to the characters. I had little enough interest in it with Lexi gone and none at all with both Molly and Kristina recast.

• Like 2

Molly is barely on but they did start this baby story and even paying up to bring Kate Mansi on for it.  Her airtime probably was going to ramp up. This wasn't the time to mess up. 

• Like 4
9 hours ago, Tenshinhan said:

I wonder if she and Tajh Bellow are still together?

7 hours ago, justduckey said:

She and Taj were together in real life?

I read on another board he was showing off his new girlfriend on social media.  So, I guess they’re not together anymore.

• Useful 3
6 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Not necessarily. No matter how Molly (theoretically) exits, it could open up a storyline for him. He is connected to Jordan, Curtis, Marshall, and Stella, and I have a hard time picturing an ABC show in 2023 writing off one of their few younger characters of color. Giving him little to do, sure, but not writing him off. 

But the temporary recast becoming permanent seems the most obvious play.

Cynthia Watros and her co-star Michelle Rodriguez had highly publicized DUI incidents—within 15 minutes of each other!—while they were on ABC"s Lost in 2006. Fortunately, there were no injuries or attacking of firefighters, just straightforward being pulled over on suspicion. Both women were written out of the show within a few weeks, although the showrunners have always maintained that it was planned anyway and the episodes had already been shot.

I never watched Lost, but people were talking about this on Twitter, so I looked it up.  Not only Watros and Rodriquez as you mention, but also Daniel Dae Kim on a different day.   Wild. 

6 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

NLG.jpg

Twitter is on fire and I am not stepping into all that there, but I can't help feeling something about  the way NLG obviously loves Haley.  She is really putting herself out there and she is getting banged up badly over it. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
(edited)

I'm very curious about something that happened that is flying under the radar because all of the heat is on Haley right now.  Cameron Mathison was cohosting the GH convention with Laura Wright.  He just dropped out yesterday.  That's last minute and very weird I think?   

Edited by CeChase
  • Useful 3
(edited)

Or he has a Hallmark Christmas movie to film?!! 

ETA: I understand Nancy loves Haley. She’s known her since she was a little girl and probably feels like a second mother to her. I get it, but drunk driving is serious. It’s not a mistake. It’s a choice. There have been numerous DD incidents in the news lately. So many people have been impacted by drunk drivers. Also, hearing that Haley was going on about her $400 shirt . . . . it’s not a good look. She must know that a lot of ppl don’t have compassion for drunk drivers who injure others. If Haley had been in a single-car accident, that would be one thing but she crashed into someone else who now has major injuries. Nancy probably should have just remained quiet. 

Edited by lala2
  • Like 7
1 minute ago, lala2 said:

Yeah I was going to edit my response to say I just read that. Maybe they want to start shooting immediately?

• Like 2
(edited)
5 minutes ago, lala2 said:

LOL yeah I guess they could have moved up filming.  I guess if there is a script already finished that could be.  I am probably getting my hopes up for nothing. 

Edited by CeChase
  • Like 2

Hallmark makes bank off their cheesy Christmas movies (I proudly enjoy them) so I could see them pushing up filming in case this writers strike impacts that in any way. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
29 minutes ago, lala2 said:

ETA: I understand Nancy loves Haley. She’s known her since she was a little girl and probably feels like a second mother to her. I get it, but drunk driving is serious. It’s not a mistake. It’s a choice. There have been numerous DD incidents in the news lately. So many people have been impacted by drunk drivers. Also, hearing that Haley was going on about her $400 shirt . . . . it’s not a good look. She must know that a lot of ppl don’t have compassion for drunk drivers who injure others. If Haley had been in a single-car accident, that would be one thing but she crashed into someone else who now has major injuries. Nancy probably should have just remained quiet. 

Exactly. It’s an intentional act, and shouldn’t be called a mistake.  That’s downplaying it and NLG should know better. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
(edited)

Choices and intentional acts can be mistakes.  They are not mutually exclusive.  Haley made a choice to drive drunk, and that choice was a mistake.

53 minutes ago, lala2 said:

She must know that a lot of ppl don’t have compassion for drunk drivers who injure others.

All the more reason for Nancy to ask for it, in my view.

Edited by Tenshinhan
  • Like 12
  • Applause 1
10 hours ago, Blackie said:

ETA:  and Scott (KS) being written out too I saw on twitter??Is that true, I think that is the first time I ever looked at any GH twitter.Just when I thought I saw some fun between him and Gladys.

(hmm how can you be written off during a writers strike?)

I read an article about it and he’s recurring so he’s probably done filming for now and will pop up again in awhile. He’s made this kind of comment before so he may be misleading a bit

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
(edited)
40 minutes ago, Tenshinhan said:

Choices and intentional acts can be mistakes.  They are not mutually exclusive.  Haley made a choice to drive drunk, and that choice was a mistake.

All the more reason for Nancy to ask for it, in my view.

It's such a mess.  I have feelings about it, but I also feel I have no standing because I have not lost anyone to drunk driving.  I want to insert a big KNOCK ON WOOD here.  I saw someone tweet they lost their son to a drunk driver, and so how can I really weigh in?  I do think about my brother and how this could have happened when he was in his 20's.  I worried about it all the time.  I was sometimes up nights worried when he was very late.  And I know if it had happened, I would be so pissed at him, but still hoping he got cleaned up and didn't have to go to jail (assuming no deaths which is a whole other situation) .  Thank god he is married with children now and barely drinks at all, definitely does not drive under the influence any longer. I think part of the issue is you have some people who lost loved ones who were victims, and then you have someone like me, and honestly alcohol was a big problem in my family.  My father was an alcoholic.  He died sober ten years though.   I honestly feel every single part of this.  And I absolutely have nothing to say to someone who lost a treasured family member to a drunk driver.  I mean, they are certainly right.  And yet I still feel other things, some compassion, some fear.  Like, that coulda been my family.  And then the other side of that fear; that could still be my family as a victim of a drunk driver.  It could be me.  So I feel for it all. 

Edited by CeChase
  • Like 3
  • Hugs 5
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1

I feel for everyone involved also. We have more than a few alcoholics (most sober now) in our family, so NLG's tweets felt familiar.

I hope HP gets the treatment she needs.

Eta: most importantly, that the person she injured makes a speedy recovery. 

• Like 7

Cameron had cancer a few years back and I hope it hasn’t returned.  Fuck cancer.

I remember HP radically changing her look several months back- maybe longer.  It looked like she’d gotten lip injections or done something else to her face.  Somehow it set off a warning bell in my head (but I wrote it off because I figure I’m old grouchy).

I hope the person that was so badly hurt by HP’s behavior will be okay and that their medical bills will be taken care it.   

I sincerely hope this will be HP’s wake up call to grow up.  

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Oh shit Kitten I forgot about that.  I did not mean anything like that it wasn't even in my mind.  I really don't like his Drew, but I have seen him on Hallmark, and like him fine.  Shit.  I should really keep my mouth shut about recasts or characters being gone.  It's just a soap, who cares.  

• Like 3
3 hours ago, DanaK said:

I read an article about it and he’s recurring so he’s probably done filming for now and will pop up again in awhile. He’s made this kind of comment before so he may be misleading a bit

Yeah, this is at least the third time he's done that and while it's technically truthful, it also elicits a lot of gasps and outrage from his fans.

(Plus a lot of sadness expressed that we just lost one vet IRL, so it's hard to see another familiar face vanish, at least for now, which I can understand.)

• Like 5
17 hours ago, Jaded said:

Here's the tweet mentioned which was sent at the end of April.

Interesting. According to the TMZ article, the accident happened on April 29!

(edited)

This will be my last comment: I take issue with drunk driving being described as a mistake. As @Semigluedsaid, the use of that word, IMO, downplays the seriousness of the act. Haley chose to drink. She chose to get behind the wheel of a 1000+ pound missile essentially and drive it around impaired. She had one hit-n-run before. She made a series of bad choices, which led to an innocent person being hurt. 

Hopefully, she gets her life on track, but I feel so much sympathy for the woman she hurt. That woman’s life has been altered in a horrible way, and it didn’t need to occur. That’s the sad part. The entire thing could have been avoided had Haley made different choices. I pray her victim makes a full recovery and that Haley gets it together before she kills someone. 

Edited by lala2
  • Like 10
  • Applause 3

Those wreck photos are terrible! I hope the victim makes a full recovery and has their medical bills taken care of. Hopefully this is a good wake up call for HP and she never gets behind the wheel impaired again. In addition to the guilt she hopefully feels for the victim (and I really hope that she's the kind of person who would feel guilty for the pain and injuries she's caused the victim), she's also in for a pretty expensive lesson as felony DUI's aren't cheap. Also, while in her chosen profession a felony DUI won't necessarily bar her from employment (unlike us corporate schlubs who would undoubtedly lose our jobs for one) ongoing publicized substance abuse issues can make her insurance premiums on set so expensive that producers and casting directors will go with a more insurable actress with less liability. 

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, sashabear21 said:

I hope the victim makes a full recovery and has their medical bills taken care of.

This is one of the times that I'm so grateful to be Canadian - the idea of being a victim of a crime, and having to pay huge medical bills on top of recovering, is just so wrong on so many levels.

The writers' strike may be of help to the producers of GH - it gives them time to figure out how to handle this before actually having scripts written with HP or a replacement or whatever else they choose to do.

• Like 7
16 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

This is one of the times that I'm so grateful to be Canadian - the idea of being a victim of a crime, and having to pay huge medical bills on top of recovering, is just so wrong on so many levels.

The writers' strike may be of help to the producers of GH - it gives them time to figure out how to handle this before actually having scripts written with HP or a replacement or whatever else they choose to do.

I 100% agree re the medical bills. However, the victim isn’t likely to pay anything. That’s what insurance is for. HP’s insurance company will cover everything and the victim can always go after HP in civil court as well.

• Like 5
  • Useful 3