Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

The article says that he will continue to recur on GH. I love Ned but the show hasn’t been interested in writing for him since the 90s so this is probably better for WK. The last storyline he had was the mayoral stuff and he only won the election the first time around because GF bailed. If they are only going to trot him out for the nurses ball and holidays, I’m sure Days can still accommodate that.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I think WK enjoys both gigs. He has friends on both sets, gets paid and gets to act. I do think it's funny how DAYS (more so than others) drop/pickup their actor contracts. That said, he's hardly on DAYS now so I have no idea what big story they have planned and need him on contract.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, ouinason said:

Look, when we see a body, they better stay dead.  I will give them the Morgan and Nickolas spec and returns, but FUCK if i'm taking Kiki back.

I will still expect Shiloh to return.

Heck, I expected him to wake up from the bodybag and start threatening Peter with his secrets while trying to rape Samdal.

12 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Kiki sucked big time. She treated her mom like shit the entire time she was on the show. So no, I have no need for her to come rushing back in whatever ridiculous story FV writes. And even if there's a twin, you just know that she'll do the same exact thing to Ava. "You never looked for me! You didn't love me!" Blah blah blah. I have nothing against HE, but she can go elsewhere.

What FrancoDrew said to Monica, but since Ava is Ava, there's no sympathy.

That would be perfect.

I know ratings don't matter but has anyone caught them the past 3 weeks?  Really really bad, to the point DAYS is beating them in multiple categories.

https://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2019/10/ratings-report-for-the-week-august-september-16-20-2019

Total Viewers
1. Y&R 3,677,000 (-180,000/-291,000)
2. B&B 3,292,000 (-41,000/+99,000)
3. DAYS 2,076,000 (+9,000/-60,000)
4. GH 1,990,000 (-110,000/-332,000) <——— new low *

* Previous low: 2,023,000 (September 2-6, 2019

Women 18-49 Rating
1. Y&R 0.56/7 (-.01/-.03)
2. B&B 0.53/6 (+.02/+.02)<——— ties low (3rd straight week) *
3. DAYS 0.46/5 (same/-.03)
4. GH 0.42/5 (-.03/-.09) <——— ties low **

Not surprising. The other soaps are at least trying to make changes to gain viewers. GH’s stories last way too long and have no payoff, most of their current couples have no chemistry, and they continue to double down on their 4 leads which is turning a lot of fans off

• Love 9
15 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Not surprising. The other soaps are at least trying to make changes to gain viewers. GH’s stories last way too long and have no payoff, most of their current couples have no chemistry, and they continue to double down on their 4 leads which is turning a lot of fans off

I think everything needs to be blown to bits.  Every pairing. The four characters do get lots of airtime but no real stories because I think for whatever reason TPTB is afraid to actually have them make mistakes and do soapy things.  That falls to someone like Shiloh coming on, eating the show for months and then the show chickening out and giving the dullest character on TV Sam McCall a false murder charge.    This stuff writes itself.  Shiloh was a problem for multiple people....no whoodunit, just Sam getting thrown in jail for what? So she can whisper her dialogue in a cell instead of Jason's couch?

I also think giving Billy Miller's entire storyline and character to Roger Howarth was a miscalculation (But Frank loves to be a petty asshole).  It has been awful.  From the writing to his acting to Kim being the only "soapy" part of the story.   Even they managed to miss that up.  Kim just comes across as annoying, crazy, delusional and the one who is "harming" poor Franco. There are no stakes in any of these stories.  You know that no matter what Sonny, Carly, Sam, Jason, and now Liz and Franco will always win.

ABC clearly doesn't care.  I think they want an excuse to cancel it but ratings alone won't do that since all soaps are down and ratings are down on all networks.  But the bad part is the show will just continue to rot away with zero changes.  The show is dying a slow painful death.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 10

Well, the Killy fans are out now.  And they didn't have the numbers to lose.  There are some rumors that kemo is leaving, but i don't know how much truth there is there.  or whether her leaving would even affect anything at this point.  i don't think the show has longer than 2 years left in it.  just my opinion. 

Well, I watched some episodes.  I have been dvr'ing it but haven't gotten up the interest to play them.  I can't finish what I have taped.  I dunno.  I am not a Billy Miller "stan" frankly i never even heard of him before he signed on for Jason.  But, I am an SBU anti-stan.  I thought the show really improved when he originally went in the drink.  Over the past few years I lost some of my favs; patrick, nicholas, tracy q (huge loss), sabrina, and there are more.  Each was like, oh boy, what's left, but i got back into it.  I don't know what i'm supposed to be watching now?  Jasam are absurd.  I'm sorry, there's no other word for them. I don't buy that they even have sex no less that they're some hot couple.  and OMG carly and sonny, really, this is gross.  I think some of the younger talent are interesting, i like willow, chase, and cameron, but there's no there there.  I feel as if Billy Miller was the last bright spot.  I felt so cheated every time Roger was on screen playing drew's backstory!  Also, I'm sorry, but Billy miller is HAWT, like hot sex hot, and Roger ain't.  So this is a double cheat.  This really is an insult. Kim's crazy.  I'm like, wtf is this? I'm going to take it off my dvr and make room for the new season of CW shows that I love.  Sad.   Really sad. 

Edited by CeChase
  • Love 6
On 10/4/2019 at 10:47 PM, Hater said:

ABC clearly doesn't care.  I think they want an excuse to cancel it but ratings alone won't do that since all soaps are down and ratings are down on all networks. 

They can cancel it now. Generally speaking, no one will care. (Say it in the same tone of voice Luke used when he said, 'if somebody finds a Cassadine floating facedown in the river, nobody will care", heh.) Look up gh on a search engine and one of the first things that comes up is "is General Hospital on"? I don't know why they don't cancel it, but if they're nervous about it, they're fools.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 7

I caught an episode of Days and was appalled at the make-up on the show.  Whoever is in charge needs to be fired.  I'm not a make-up artist but even I could do a better job.  It seems to me that Days is beating GH because they have (wisely) brought back some old popular vets and have actually given them storylines.

• Love 3

Just saw that Vincent Irizarry has finished on B&B. They should bring him back as David Haywood....and yes, I know he was on AMC but he had ties to both Anna & Alex.

With the Finn/Anna/GreenleeHayden thing, it'd be cool to have Dr Haywood back to get in the middle of all that. And hey, GH can always use another handsome (& scheming) doctor, right? 😍

FWIW I'm not ready for them to cancel this show. I've watched since 1963 when it was B&W for 15 minutes. Too many soaps have already been lost...it may not be at its best but I know these people after so many years. (Although some I honestly wouldn't miss ...like a certain little moobster & his wife & hitman.)😏

• Love 20
11 hours ago, RedRockRosie said:

Just saw that Vincent Irizarry has finished on B&B. They should bring him back as David Haywood....and yes, I know he was on AMC but he had ties to both Anna & Alex.

With the Finn/Anna/GreenleeHayden thing, it'd be cool to have Dr Haywood back to get in the middle of all that. And hey, GH can always use another handsome (& scheming) doctor, right? 😍

FWIW I'm not ready for them to cancel this show. I've watched since 1963 when it was B&W for 15 minutes. Too many soaps have already been lost...it may not be at its best but I know these people after so many years. (Although some I honestly wouldn't miss ...like a certain little moobster & his wife & hitman.)😏

I get the idea. But so many characters on this show are dying by neglect. I don't see how yet another character from another soap is needed (even if he does have history with Anna/Alex).

And even if David showed up, the writing would do him in like everyone else.

(And now the bias kicks in. Anna is better with Robert, IMO! Finn can take Hayden and do whatever/go wherever. 😛 )

• Love 3

I've always liked the idea of David Hayward coming to town.  But after the hatchet job they did with Alex, I'm more wary.  Plus, that age group is swimming with dudes, moreso than ever with Michael E. Knight now in the mix. 

Sorry, Dr. David.  I'll just have to imagine you're off in Pine Valley having hot sex with Cara Castillo and finally getting to be a dad. #showinmyhead

• Love 2

I would love for David to do a stint at GH and fool about with Anna, but not with this creative team. I also would insist his last run on AMC and AMC 2.0 be respected, and I suspect it wouldn't be. With these folks he'd likely go back to being the disgraced doctor probably run out of Pine Valley on a rail from his wife Cara, son Oliver, and Close Personal Possibly Non-Platonic Friend Angie Hubbard, who he was on the verge of doing the Dew with at the end of AMC 2.0. David was in the process of rebuilding a solid life. I'm fine if he and Cara are off again and they want to explore him and Anna once more, but I'd need him not to be a complete and total black hat. He can scheme but he can't be ruined. Anyway, it's not going to happen so whatevs, I'm just rambling.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Plus, that age group is swimming with dudes, moreso than ever with Michael E. Knight now in the mix. 

I don't see MEK being made a regular of any kind. Maybe he'll become Nelle's lawyer, but with Shiloh dead, he's not needed.

10 hours ago, jsbt said:

I also would insist his last run on AMC and AMC 2.0 be respected, and I suspect it wouldn't be.

I suspect this team would take every opportunity to trash whatever happened on AMC and AMC 2.0 just because they can.

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't see MEK being made a regular of any kind. Maybe he'll become Nelle's lawyer, but with Shiloh dead, he's not needed.

I thought Knight was supposed to be (spoiler tagging just in case and because I can't recall if I read it here or in the spoiler's thread)

Franco's lawyer?

On 10/7/2019 at 8:59 AM, dubbel zout said:

Because they need something to replace it, and nothing has been successful yet.

If they cant find something to replace it, then shouldn't they (or why don't they) ax the EP and writers that seem to not in any way be helping the ratings?  

Days is getting increases.... GH just seems to be in freefall lately...

I dont buy the "sticking to the budget" excuse for why FV is still around....

the cast is way too large.... and if someone new came in they could ax a lot of FV's buddies that seem to just be there for the paycheck and whose characters have no real tie to show...

staring with RoHo, ME, the guy that plays Valentin ,PLP, CW, and TB (unless they do what they should and send LW away and make TB Carly)

Willow and Chase can stay -- they seem to be a good addition to that age group

i'm on the fence with MW/Ava and the guy that plays Julian (he seems useless unless they stick him back with Alexis).... 

And if KeMo can't be bothered to act anymore... she needs to go too.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I suspect this team would take every opportunity to trash whatever happened on AMC and AMC 2.0 just because they can.

I think if Ron was still there that'd be the case, but who knows. Frank, yes, probably. Agnes Nixon (who was quite involved at that time) was clearly very committed to rehabilitating David's image before the network show ended and this carried over to the online version.

Edited by jsbt
13 hours ago, makelemons said:

If they cant find something to replace it, then shouldn't they (or why don't they) ax the EP and writers that seem to not in any way be helping the ratings?  

Nathan Varni just said he thinks that "Chris and Dan have terrific story coming up" (so he acknowledges they're crap now?) airing around Halloween/early November.

I'm not holding my breath.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

I'm not holding my breath.

neither am I.  Varni hates everything I used to love about GH, and loves everything I hate....

so I'm guessing we can look forward to JaScam getting hitched again in November.....while RoHo chews copious amounts of scenery.............

Has anyone listed to this new interview with Sarah Brown (ex-Carly) on youtube ? She talks about her career and goes into some pretty explosive accusations of assault and attempted murder from her ex-husband. She also mentions reaching out to management at GH (Guza and company) along with Jackie Zeman for assistance only to be turned down.  

On 10/9/2019 at 8:10 PM, Thomas Crown said:

She also mentions reaching out to management at GH (Guza and company) along with Jackie Zeman for assistance only to be turned down.  

Given that Jill Faren Phelps and Bob Guza was in charge during her stint there, I am not at all surprised they turned their back on her.  She's lucky she didn't get fired on the spot.

Edited by yowsah1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Thomas Crown said:

Has anyone listed to this new interview with Sarah Brown (ex-Carly) on youtube ? She talks about her career and goes into some pretty explosive accusations of assault and attempted murder from her ex-husband. She also mentions reaching out to management at GH (Guza and company) along with Jackie Zeman for assistance only to be turned down.  

Yes, that is some insane stuff.

Here is the interview. There is cursing and some graphic descriptions:

Edited by ulkis
On 9/27/2019 at 10:41 PM, HeatLifer said:

If they’re dating, ppl really do win once they leave GH. 😇

Most look 100% relieved to be gone from the show. The goodbye GH glow up is a real thing.

Edited by Hater
  • LOL 3

https://www.soapcentral.com/gh/news/2019/1025-nancy_lee_grahn_memoir.php

General Hospital's Nancy Lee Grahn writing memoir, promises juicy tales from the soap world

Soap opera fans can look forward to a shocking, tell-all book by Nancy Lee Grahn (Alexis Davis, General Hospital; ex-Julia Wainwright, Santa Barbara; ex-Beverly Wilkes, One Life to Live), who is in the middle of writing a memoir about her love life and experiences as a soap opera actress.
General Hospital actress Nancy Lee Grahn (Alexis Davis) has never been one to hold her tongue if she can help it, and it won't be any different when it comes to the juicy reveals set for her upcoming memoir.

Grahn took to social media to share that she is in the midst of writing a book about her life. And given the amount of honesty she dishes out each day on her Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram pages, the book will be a can't miss project that gives the real story of what it's like to be a part of the soap opera community.

"Much to tell and most of it I can't. But I am writing about it for hours at a time in my book. The good and the not so good," Grahn teases about the writing she's already started. "There are many times that I've had to hold my tongue, which as you can imagine is not an easy thing for me. Well, I won't be doing that in my book. I will tell tales about the loves of my life, and the not so much ones. I will spell out the names of the many that unconditionally helped build [my daughter] Kate and me, and misspell with enough room for you to make good educated guesses the names of the very few who pissed me off."
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, ouinason said:

I NEED that book

Me too. As just one example, I remember how snarky she was that her workplace was transformed into James Franco's "art experiment" for so long. Given what we now know about James Franco, I wonder how his behavior on set was with younger women. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

If you ever want to give yourself a good laugh, stay away for a while and then read the last page of a thread here from the bottom up. I saw "I read Kim's book," not knowing that the topic was memoirs of soap actors. I had a brief moment of thinking there was some kind of dumb tie-in book written in the voice of the indifferently popular GH character Kim Nero, about her affair with Drew, raising Oscar on her own, finding out he has cancer, etc. That thought stayed with me just long enough for me to think such a book would be really bad and would sell about two dozen copies.  

Anyway, NLG's will probably be fun to read. I have not always loved the results when her unfiltered side has let loose on social media, but I do have some genuine respect for her, and I admire the career she has had. She was/is attractive without ever being a "glamour" type, and she had enough skill and personality in her performances to become an enduring fan favorite on her own terms.

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I think Days will be the first to go though even though GH should. 

I give GH a slight edge in that I can see it getting moved over to the Disney+/Hulu streaming service.  I don't think NBC or it's parent company has anything like that set up yet.

6 minutes ago, yowsah1 said:

I give GH a slight edge in that I can see it getting moved over to the Disney+/Hulu streaming service.  I don't think NBC or it's parent company has anything like that set up yet.

I didn't even think about that. If ABC cancels it, can't it just continue on Hulu like it already is and nothing changes? I don't watch on TV anyway, I watch on Hulu, when I do watch that is.

1 minute ago, tvgoddess said:

I didn't even think about that. If ABC cancels it, can't it just continue on Hulu like it already is and nothing changes? I don't watch on TV anyway, I watch on Hulu, when I do watch that is.

I'm not sure it could continue like it already is - I suspect there would be some definite changes having to be made - but I think that movie the show over to a streaming service that ABC's parent company owns would be a possibility.

1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Of GH or her career?

It could be both tbh. I think Days will be the first to go though even though GH should. 

GH.  I don't know enough about her as an actress to see what she would do afterwards.  But she always said she'd do the book after the show ends, seems like she feels that is a possibility or maybe she's just really bored with the show.  I don't blame her if that's the case since it's horrendous.

• Love 1

ABC produces it (unlike DAYS and Y&R which is produced by Sony, or half by Sony). So if it cancelled GH unless someone else bought it I don't think they would put it on Hulu or another streaming platform.

1 hour ago, Hater said:

GH.  I don't know enough about her as an actress to see what she would do afterwards.  But she always said she'd do the book after the show ends, seems like she feels that is a possibility or maybe she's just really bored with the show.  I don't blame her if that's the case since it's horrendous.

NLG has been on some PT shows in the past but that was earlier in her career. Now that you mention it I do think she feels its possible. I think they're all playing a game of chicken to see which of the remaining for goes 1st. I think it will be Days, GH, B&B then Y&R in that order.