Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggars: In the Media and TLC

As a reminder, the site's Politics Policy remains in effect.  Yes, Jim Bob is apparently running for office again. That does not make it an acceptable topic of conversation in here - unless for some mysterious reason, TLC brings the show back and it is discussed on there. Even then, it would be limited to how it was discussed on the show.

If you have any questions, please PM the mods, @SCARLETT45 and myself.

• Start Topic

Just now, GeeGolly said:

Hmmm, am I trying to hard to read between the lines there? Are they getting their own show?

Lmfaooo, we posted the same thing at the same time! Great minds or have we been following these people way too long?

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, BitterApple said:

Lmfaooo, we posted the same thing at the same time! Great minds or have we been following these people way too long?

19 Kids and Counting, Jill and Jessa: Counting On, Counting On ...

... Counting with Jinger & Jeremy.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
Just now, GeeGolly said:

19 Kids and Counting, Jill and Jessa: Counting On, Counting On ...

... Counting with Jinger & Jeremy.

I swear they're angling for it. Notice how Jinger makes sure to mention they're staying put in L.A., a city which has the double benefit of being an entertainment hub and a much more aesthetic shooting location than Springdale. 

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, Zella said:

All of jinger and Jeremy's cooy about being the breakout stars of counting on is now instantly out of date. Lol

"We, uh, broke out..."

Even Jill and Derick said they'd return to filming. So glad it's never gonna happen.

TLC better not pull another counting on and revive the show,

• Love 21
1 minute ago, babyhouseman said:

Not so Jessa Blessa now. When is she due? 

This is long overdue. They're gonna be fighting the Bates for a spot on UP. "We're the best self-righteous family with too many children." "No, we are!"

UP Yours, Duggars! Lol, UP won't touch them, right?

• Love 8
Just now, JoanArc said:

UP Yours, Duggars! Lol, UP won't touch them, right?

I doubt it. They're tainted. I don't think UP has as much money as TLC. The Bates seem to be doing pretty well. They just had a new season. It used to be the Duggars were so much higher in status than the Bates. Not anymore.

2 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Maybe a Duggar needs to marry a Bates lol

You're giving JIm Boob ideas. Bringing Up Bates and Duggars.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, babyhouseman said:

I doubt it. They're tainted. I don't think UP has as much money as TLC. The Bates seem to be doing pretty well. They just had a new season. It used to be the Duggars were so much higher in status than the Bates. Not anymore.

Even the Rods have them beat. It's sweet.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
44 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I swear they're angling for it. Notice how Jinger makes sure to mention they're staying put in L.A., a city which has the double benefit of being an entertainment hub and a much more aesthetic shooting location than Springdale. 

I kind of got the impression its in the books already. Soon to be announced.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

Even if the Vuolos don't have another show in the bag, I could definitely see Jeremy being relieved his in-laws are no longer on TV. It wouldn't surprise me if he blames their reputation for his cancelled influencer deals and thinks he will have better luck if they have a lower profile. I think he's an idiot if he thinks that because that fool has as much baggage as LAX on his own, but he's never struck me as the sharpest knife in the drawer about anything. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 15

I haven’t watched the show in years, so I really don’t care it’s cancelled. I’m just pissed that Josh has victimized his sisters AGAIN by compromising their primary income - excepting Jill. 

• Love 10
(edited)

Hardly a surprise.  However, I still don't think the income from the show was enough to support all those people.  It probably raised their standard of living, but it wasn't their sole source of support.

There were only 96 episodes of Counting On from 2015-2020.  Aside from that weird episode around Easter it has not aired since last September.  Compare that to 227 episodes of 19 Kids and Counting from 2007-2015.  Far fewer married kids and grandchildren to support during that time frame.

Not saying the loss of the show won't hurt, especially with all the legal fees being incurred, but I doubt anyone is going to starve.

My most pressing question is what will happen to this forum now that this is not an active show?  I would hate for it to disappear.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13

They cancelled Umpteen Kids and Counting before, and that still didn’t get them off the TV.  I’m not holding my breath — I expect they’ll be back soon enough, either under another name, with a reworked focus on Jeremy and Jinger, or perhaps on Discovery+.  

• Love 11
1 minute ago, 3 is enough said:

<snipped>

My most pressing question is what will happen to this forum now that this is not an active show?  I would hate for it to disappear.

There are lots of active forums for cancelled shows. There could always be reruns.

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

I would love to see the Rod train wreck on tv!

I’d love to see them have a charity food drive for the Duggars!

Jana marries Tim….just endless plot lines.

• LOL 5

To be fair, eleven seasons of any show that isn't Sixty Minutes or a daytime soap opera is pretty impressive, especially since this is a spinoff of a show that also went several seasons. I doubt the Duggars are thinking that right now, but they might later.

On a related now, I'm guessing that the new owner of Discovery, AT&T, was just looking for excuses to cancel long running shows - pretty much exactly what they did when they took over WB. Josh just happened to provide a very convenient excuse.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, jennblevins said:

They cancelled Umpteen Kids and Counting before, and that still didn’t get them off the TV.  I’m not holding my breath — I expect they’ll be back soon enough, either under another name, with a reworked focus on Jeremy and Jinger, or perhaps on Discovery+.  

Just what I want to see! J&J in LA! Why wouldn’t we all want to see pocket squares and fountain pens and backs of kids and old books and FOOD! So. Much Food! The Hope I Hold (see what I did there?) is to see J&J’s food on TV! 🙄

• LOL 21

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think the TLC money was not their main source of income. There is no way, the TLC money can pay for all of these people. If JB didn't have to pay for fancy lawyers right now, I think they would've been financially ok.

• Love 5