Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggars: In the Media and TLC

As a reminder, the site's Politics Policy remains in effect.  Yes, Jim Bob is apparently running for office again. That does not make it an acceptable topic of conversation in here - unless for some mysterious reason, TLC brings the show back and it is discussed on there. Even then, it would be limited to how it was discussed on the show.

If you have any questions, please PM the mods, @SCARLETT45 and myself.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Temperance said:

Joy said yesterday she isn't pregnant, but the rest could be.  

Unless Joy was having her period when she stated that, or took a pregnancy test that morning, how would she know? I hope Joy realizes that 'trying' to get pregnant and having regular unprotected sex are one and the same.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Temperance said:

Joy said yesterday she isn't pregnant, but the rest could be.  

Now you made me scroll through endless comments on her Instagram to find that Joyless did indeed respond stating she is not pregnant.  I don't know why people would think that based on her latest photo.  She is turned towards Austin and smooshed into his side and no bump can be seen.

4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I hope Joy realizes that 'trying' to get pregnant and having regular unprotected sex are one and the same.

Omg you really enlightened me with that statement.  I didn't know they were the same thing😂

• Love 3
11 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Unless Joy was having her period when she stated that, or took a pregnancy test that morning, how would she know? I hope Joy realizes that 'trying' to get pregnant and having regular unprotected sex are one and the same.

Maybe she has some basic understanding of getting pregnant ... or at least can assume, based on her belief that children need both a mommy and a daddy ... and can say as much with certainty because she knows she hasn't made herself joyfully available to Austin.

Or in heathen terms, she and Austin haven't been sleeping together, so no opportunity for a potential baby.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, McManda said:

Maybe she has some basic understanding of getting pregnant ... or at least can assume, based on her belief that children need both a mommy and a daddy ... and can say as much with certainty because she knows she hasn't made herself joyfully available to Austin.

Or in heathen terms, she and Austin haven't been sleeping together, so no opportunity for a potential baby.

I'm going to make two assumptions. 1) They're still living in that RV with the mattress on the floor and 2) Giddy is probably co-sleeping with them. That would make it difficult for Joy to be "joyfully" available for Austin.

Also probably why there hasn't been a baby Seewald #3 yet either.

• Love 8
On 12/17/2018 at 6:14 AM, Absolom said:

It's around five months now with no one announced pregnant. 

Jim Bob & Michelle must be frantic! How are they going to get their 200 grandchildren before the Bates's if these married kids won't cooperate and have a baby every 12-18 months? I bet Jim Bob is calling all his sons with advice and Michelle is reminding her daughters to be joyfully available and to keep track of their cycle so they know when to be extra joyful.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, Nysha said:

Jim Bob & Michelle must be frantic! How are they going to get their 200 grandchildren before the Bates's if these married kids won't cooperate and have a baby every 12-18 months? I bet Jim Bob is calling all his sons with advice and Michelle is reminding her daughters to be joyfully available and to keep track of their cycle so they know when to be extra joyful.

I would bet that someone is over turning the thumb screws on Josiah right now. They've been married SIX WHOLE MONTHS, and still no announcement.

• Love 11
17 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

I would bet that someone is over turning the thumb screws on Josiah right now. They've been married SIX WHOLE MONTHS, and still no announcement.

Assuming she’s not pregnant now, the only marrieds that have gone longer are Jinger and Jeremy?

3 hours ago, Nysha said:

Probably more frantic about the idea that maybe (if we're lucky), the network won't want another season of Counting On, if there's no more babies to count on.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, cmr2014 said:

This is really, really mean of me...but..heck..I'll say it...are we sure Josiah knows what hole to use to make a babby? (I'm so going to hell)

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
11 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

This is really, really mean of me...but..heck..I'll say it...are we sure Josiah knows what hole to use to make a babby? (I'm so going to hell)

Yup that’s mean, you’re going to hell, and it’s hilarious. 🤣🤣🤣

Even if Josiah didn’t know, Lauren certainly does. Something tells me she was married to Josiah to spy on him and keep him in the fold. 

Unlike others I’ve never gotten gay vibes from Josiah (he may be or he may not), but he’s certainly a man that’s got more “yin” energy than is allowed in his social circle, those trips to Alert stomped the light out of his eyes......

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

Even if Josiah didn’t know, Lauren certainly does. Something tells me she was married to Josiah to spy on him and keep him in the fold. 

I think so too. I think she's more than happy to be Daddy's and Boob's eyes and ears in exchange for getting what she wanted: early marriage, not having to work, comfortable lifestyle. I have seen absolutely nothing from her that tells me she's into Si. She plays her role, but there's no sincerity.

• Love 16
4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I have seen absolutely nothing from her that tells me she's into Si.

Well, there was that awkward honeymoon car video where she was clearly upset, which would seem to indicate that some expectation of hers wasn't met, which in turn suggests she has some sort of emotional investment in Josiah.

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, graefin said:

Well, there was that awkward honeymoon car video where she was clearly upset, which would seem to indicate that some expectation of hers wasn't met...

He used the wrong hole? 

::::::innocently walks away:::::::

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, comfortable lifestyle for now. I'm a Scrooge but I am REALLY looking forward to the end of the TeeVee show so financial reality starts knocking the Duggarlings and Duggarling-adjacents over like tenpins. C'mon, TLC, give me my wish before....Well, before i'm dead, at least. 

I cannot wait either.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, graefin said:

Well, there was that awkward honeymoon car video where she was clearly upset, which would seem to indicate that some expectation of hers wasn't met, which in turn suggests she has some sort of emotional investment in Josiah.

Or she could just be 19 and horny and pissed he doesn’t want to know where her clitoris is?🤨

I don’t think Josiah would be a cruel husband or anything like that, but I could see him just “checking out” and being a considerate roommate. For some women apathy is more painful than disgust. 

• Love 23
24 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Or she could just be 19 and horny and pissed he doesn’t want to know where her clitoris is?🤨

I don’t think Josiah would be a cruel husband or anything like that, but I could see him just “checking out” and being a considerate roommate. For some women apathy is more painful than disgust. 

Does she know where her clitoris is?  Self knowledge seems to be frowned upon.

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
17 minutes ago, Catfin said:

Does she know where her clitoris is?  Self knowledge seems to be frowned upon.

That might be it. She was raised to think the marriage night was going to be an amazings fireworks display kind of feeling, and instead she got a sad little firework that fizzled out (or blew up too soon.)

• LOL 3
  • Love 11

This thread is veering in a direction too much for my delicate sensibilities, but the fireworks talk is causing me to flashback to the season where the guy (Chad Lowe) was a virgin, waited for marriage, and got married to the woman he picked on television. After the honeymoon, they asked him how it was and he said something about fireworks and his wife added they were "short fireworks". 

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

The next season starts on February 11. That's at the end of this People Magazine exclusive (of course) story about Jessa's third pregnancy.

Those of us expecting strategically timed pregnancy announcement(s) were correct. Although now I wonder if she's the only one knocked up or they're going to string out some more announcements over the next four weeks to boost buzz for the show.

Sometimes they save them for before the season Finale, too.

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Jana isn’t in the promo photo. The Seewalds are missing too. Just marrieds and infants are in it. Maybe there are other promo pics with a different assortment of cast members.

These are the couples who had important ie TV worthy events in 2018 so maybe the promo picture ties into that.

• Love 7
43 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Jana isn’t in the promo photo. The Seewalds are missing too. Just marrieds and infants are in it. Maybe there are other promo pics with a different assortment of cast members.

30 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

These are the couples who had important ie TV worthy events in 2018 so maybe the promo picture ties into that.

True. The only TV worthy things a Duggar can do: marry and procreate. Jana's done neither, and the Seewalds haven't procreated lately (although they are now expecting again).

• Love 10
6 hours ago, Jeeves said:

True. The only TV worthy things a Duggar can do: marry and procreate. Jana's done neither, and the Seewalds haven't procreated lately (although they are now expecting again).

And the Seewalds have just announced their newest blessing while Jana has now opened an Instagram account which usually precedes a courtship.  It could be that they are each going to get their own very special promos as their stories will be front and center in the new season.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

Jana has now opened an Instagram account which usually precedes a courtship.  It could be that they are each going to get their own very special promos as their stories will be front and center in the new season.

Either she is courting or else they will say they can have an Instagram account whenever they feel like it and they don't have to be courting or married to get one.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

LOL. He's sitting on a box prop.

4 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Look carefully and you'll see he's sitting on a white cube just like several of the others.

I get that, but Austin doesn't have shadow behind his feet (as opposed to Josiah, who's also sitting high on a box prop).

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

I get that, but Austin doesn't have shadow behind his feet (as opposed to Josiah, who's also sitting high on a box prop).

Might be photoshopping, could be the angle that the light is hitting him.  Nobody has a shadow at 12 noon, maybe the light is directly over him? Or maybe he's a vampire!  They can't be seen in mirrors, maybe they don't cast shadows, either?  That would explain a lot.

Edited by doodlebug
  • LOL 1
  • Love 17
9 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

I'm watching the new Counting On right now..shouldn't there be a topic/episode things a (lol) for the newest episode? Am I just missing it somehow?

I watched it an hour ago on TLC go.  It was nothing we haven't seen from Instagram and TLC snipits.

• Love 2