Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggars: In the Media and TLC

As a reminder, the site's Politics Policy remains in effect.  Yes, Jim Bob is apparently running for office again. That does not make it an acceptable topic of conversation in here - unless for some mysterious reason, TLC brings the show back and it is discussed on there. Even then, it would be limited to how it was discussed on the show.

If you have any questions, please PM the mods, @SCARLETT45 and myself.

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

When did Grandma move in? Maybe laundry wasn't the only reason. Maybe she was Josh's keeper.

She didn't move in until long after the TTH was built--the abuse had allegedly stopped by then.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
On 7/17/2019 at 12:59 PM, BitterApple said:

I've always suspected Jana may have been the victim of abuse, not necessarily by Josh, but by someone in the Gothard cult. When you consider the number of Duggar associates accused of improper behavior (Bill Gothard, Tim Robertson, Caleb Williams, Mike Schadt, etc.) It's not outside the realm of possibility. I hope it isn't the case, but it's a gut feeling. 

I've always had the feeling that she or someone she was close to was abused by Gothard. I've used that feeling as a basis for her not marrying young and for her going so often as a leader (or counselor or whatever they're called) to Journey for the Heart, hoping to protect the girls. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

WWT and her parasites.

Um...(small embarrassed voice) I don’t know what that is and I’m still screaming inside after some of the things that showed up on Urban Dictionary when I looked up ”BEC” because someone said that here. 😥

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Oldernowiser said:

Um...(small embarrassed voice) I don’t know what that is and I’m still screaming inside after some of the things that showed up on Urban Dictionary when I looked up ”BEC” because someone said that here. 😥

Whitney Way Thor on " My Big Fat Fabulous Life". I am somewhat sad that I know right away what she was talking about.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I've always felt the same as you about it, Kitten. Don't you remember? My impassioned posting about the subject inspired you to say this:

Accepting your proposal was the best choice I ever made ... even better than giving up my dream of being a missionary so I could become an internet influencer for Jesus, spreading hate and intolerance like wildflower seeds across the web. Marrying you was smarter than deciding to go to law school, then flunking out abandoning that when The Lord laid it on my heart that my true calling is to be a professional "don't let this happen to you/"before picture" cosmetic dentistry model. 

You've supported me through it all because I refuse to work a paying job and I just want to say Happy Second Anniversary, my love!

Oh my. The two years have flown by. Good thing my book, How to Have the Best Marriage Ever, sold those 100 copies and I could pay our tent neighbor to put us on his phone account so you could continue with your mission.

Celebratory dinner tonight!

frito-tacos.jpg

• LOL 21
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Oh my. The two years have flown by. Good thing my book, How to Have the Best Marriage Ever, sold those 100 copies and I could pay our tent neighbor to put us on his phone account so you could continue with your mission.

frito-tacos.jpg

Hopefully you’ll be eating that on an anniversary date night in the car, complete with filthy car seats in the back!  

• LOL 16
  • Love 1
On 8/8/2019 at 4:52 AM, GeeGolly said:

frito-tacos.jpg

Your tent neighbor's tent has WiFi?!?  Lush!!

(I mean, I'm just assuming here, as he wouldn't have much use for a cell phone, or plan, otherwise.)

• LOL 5

People is more choosy about putting the Duggars in the print magazine. Most of the articles we see are online only. 

They did a spread of a bunch of babies born this year to celebrities in the print magazine. Ivy Seewald was included. No pictures of the parents for any of the babies were included. 

• Useful 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

A family from Arkansas - not gifting reality tv stars asking for 20 grand to pay for their gas.

I suppose the locals should be grateful for Jana's free shiplap repair, and the chance to be in the background of one of her stock photos.

Barf - Jana's main concern is probably how to source shiplap on a tropical island.  I wish we could see more of what she's wearing.  Probably demin skirt and flip-flops.  

Where are they at?  It looks to me like some fairly nice hotel lobby/breakfast room.  

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

"No John, I need my own room. I'm a girl."

image.thumb.png.5ec949f6ed1b3c33b0119184795ab13a.png

I notice they are talking to someone from Air Med, an actual air ambulance service that provides medical transport in planes equipped for the job.  They are known for ICU type services rendered in transporting patients all over the world.  Their planes are staffed by actual licensed medical professionals with advanced training in providing care in these conditions.  They have actual certifications and licensure from around the globe to prove their competence.

I hope the guy from Air Med told them to get lost and let the real professionals handle the job. Since Air Med is an actual business with a reputation to uphold, I presume they are never going to risk the potential damage to their reputation let alone liability that could happen if they let any yahoo with a plane join them as 'partners'.

According to the Mediccorps post, they were heading to Treasure Cay which is on Abaco Island which was virtually destroyed in the storm.  Obviously, this  was not filmed there.

• Useful 9
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, crazy8s said:

here they are in a nice hotel with James looking all gangsta

- saving the world for jesus

It almost looks like he is going full on Mary Katherine Gallagher (SNL) and the next pic will be of him smelling his fingers!

• LOL 6

The Onion has an if-only-a-Duggar-would-do-this-for-real thing today ... 

Kim Kardashian Tries To Escape L.A. In Rowboat After Realizing Past 12 Years Of Life Have Been TV Show

...Sources close to Kardashian West said she had behaved erratically in recent months, often ducking out of rooms to avoid interactions with her co-stars and asking panicked questions about certain people who appeared to be following her. Last night, she is believed to have stumbled upon a call sheet inadvertently left behind by E! network staff and labeled Keeping Up With The Kardashians. Seeing her own name among the cast members likely confirmed her worst fears, causing her to flee her Hidden Hills home, where this morning a production assistant found only a mannequin in a latex pink mini-dress beneath the covers where she was presumed to be sleeping. 

“Everywhere I went, everything I did, the cameras were rolling,” said Kardashian West, who shouted above the din of waves crashing around her rowboat as she revealed that her suspicions had begun six months ago when a shotgun microphone fell “out of nowhere” and landed in her 60-foot infinity pool. “All my relationships were built on artifice. All my friends and family—they were just actors and celebrities. The whole thing was staged, put on by a bunch of Hollywood executives who turned my life into a show for millions to watch.” 

....“I always thought it was weird that as soon as I told my family that I wanted to be a nurse, there was a horrific motorcycle accident right in front of my house, because after that I couldn’t stand the sight of blood and had to abandon my dream,” Kardashian West said as the coastline faded in the distance and lightning-flecked storm clouds gathered above her, following her boat regardless of which way she turned. “It’s all starting to add up now.

...Witnesses confirmed Kardashian West’s escape toward the ocean was beset by obstacles, with dozens of cars crashing in front of her and roads suddenly shut down for construction. As she reached the dock and climbed into the boat, sources reported the booming voice of Keeping Up With The Kardashians creator Ryan Seacrest spoke from a hidden loudspeaker and begged her to stay, but to no avail. 

“Everyone around me automatically smiles and compliments me as if they were robots or something,” said Kardashian West, gazing out over the horizon as the storm suddenly subsided. “It’s no way to live. God, I should have known. In real life, no mom would ever give all five of her daughters ‘K’ names. That’s so ridiculous and obviously made up. Well, I want a real life. I’m ready for it.”

https://entertainment.theonion.com/kim-kardashian-tries-to-escape-l-a-in-rowboat-after-re-1837902924

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

If I’m standing in the ruins of my entire life and some bland little bot girl hands me a Bible with one squeaky clean, soft white hand, she’s going back to Arkansas with that Bible in an orifice.

”Showing up Duggar” is NOT a thing that helps.

A video of that is a Shout Out I'd pay for.

• LOL 15

so in my boredom today waiting for the ankle to heal, i made an instagram acct. commented on both joy and austin's page and mediccorps.

on medicorps i asked if they had permission to use hurricane victims photos and reminding people on safe donating. both of my posts were removed within in minutes and I am blocked

• Useful 6
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4

changed my name at posted again linking BBB/FEMA approved charities and asking joy/austin if they were working with medicorp or in affiliation somehow with washington regional medicorp in fayettteville.

i will be blocked again soon

• Love 13

On the local news today here in Central Florida it has been made VERY CLEAR that no one should attempt to go to the Bahamas on their own to help out. The Bahamian government stated that the runways are not in good shape for planes to land and that there is a big shortage of air traffic controllers right now. IF anyone is attempting to go down there they need to clear themselves either with the Bahamian government OR with the American Red Cross. How is it that the Duggar/Bates 'team of professionals' flew down there on their own and 'got in'? Cruise ships and boats  most likely cannot dock at the piers so easily either right now. Specially trained coordination needs to be utilized to deliver supplies to the citizens affected. Doesn't add up to me that this group of Duggar/Bates are considered 'official'. Nor did they get clearance/permission from the Bahamian government to be there.  I wish they would address this.

• Useful 3
  • Love 10
18 minutes ago, floridamom said:

On the local news today here in Central Florida it has been made VERY CLEAR that no one should attempt to go to the Bahamas on their own to help out. The Bahamian government stated that the runways are not in good shape for planes to land and that there is a big shortage of air traffic controllers right now. IF anyone is attempting to go down there they need to clear themselves either with the Bahamian government OR with the American Red Cross. How is it that the Duggar/Bates 'team of professionals' flew down there on their own and 'got in'? Cruise ships and boats  most likely cannot dock at the piers so easily either right now. Specially trained coordination needs to be utilized to deliver supplies to the citizens affected. Doesn't add up to me that this group of Duggar/Bates are considered 'official'. Nor did they get clearance/permission from the Bahamian government to be there.  I wish they would address this.

Fake News. Lamestream media. Deep state conspiracy against the godly. 😈

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, floridamom said:

How is it that the Duggar/Bates 'team of professionals' flew down there on their own and 'got in'? 

I wonder if they flew down and told ATC they had an emergency or were low on fuel, giving them automatic priority to land?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I wonder if they flew down and told ATC they had an emergency or were low on fuel, giving them automatic priority to land?

I sincerely hope not. Lying about an emergency during a catastrophe? If that’s not 10-20 in a federal prison, it should be.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, floridamom said:

The storm had literally just moved away from the Bahamas 1-2 hours before they landed. My guess is that the situation was chaotic, and there was no one enforcing rules or vetting "aid workers."

• Useful 3
  • Love 13
8 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

I sincerely hope not. Lying about an emergency during a catastrophe? If that’s not 10-20 in a federal prison, it should be.

What the no good doers are liars. Everything they say is the truth at least in their own minds. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

The storm had literally just moved away from the Bahamas 1-2 hours before they landed. My guess is that the situation was chaotic, and there was no one enforcing rules or vetting "aid workers."

I agree.  They were able to get their footage of the storm taken from the plane and sell it to CBS so they landed very early in the recovery.  I do wonder how long their usefulness will last.  Will they be asked to leave, or stay beyond their welcome?  If they are good grifters,  they will depart as soon as they begin to see irritation in the people leading the recovery.   

• Useful 2
  • Love 4