Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggars: In the Media and TLC

As a reminder, the site's Politics Policy remains in effect.  Yes, Jim Bob is apparently running for office again. That does not make it an acceptable topic of conversation in here - unless for some mysterious reason, TLC brings the show back and it is discussed on there. Even then, it would be limited to how it was discussed on the show.

If you have any questions, please PM the mods, @SCARLETT45 and myself.

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

I do think that there is some confusion over trailer parks and RV parks which are apples and oranges, though both are beyond any Duggar expertise.  I guess there are some fools who might give them a try.  However, most RVers are quite knowledgable and expect the best at a good price.

Agreed. I've lived in both, and to me, they're not the same thing at all. I'm not really sure there is a stereotype about people in RV parks compared to trailer parks. But I really have no idea what an upscale one would look like. Probably not like the ones I lived in. ;) 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, DragonFaerie said:

Several of my inlaws have Rv's and go camping a ton.  Not only would their "spot" need to have room for the RV itself, but also at least one car spot - because my inlaws often tow their car behind the rv.  Electrical, water and dumptank sewage connections.  Onsite laundry facilities as well as wifi available.  Preferably a small store connected to the office/laundry area for things like firewood for outdoor firepits, charcoal, bottled water, food basics and such - perhaps Jana could sell her fresh garden produce there?  It would need to be clean and maintained at all times - good luck with the clean aspect.  Also a dog walking area - my aunt and uncle take their labrodoodle all over the country with them.  Add in some type of possible play area for kids and such and it's a lot of work.  I just don't see the Duggars getting it.  My FIL would probably drive them crazy, because they do a cocktail wine and cheese hour every evening and sit outside in their chairs.  Plus, especially in the summer can you imagine all the women wearing shorts and showing shoulders? DEFRAUDING would be everywhere!.  And since I think it's in Fayetteville, isn't that where the college is? So a ton of traffic during football season with cookouts and beer all around, along with swearing and shenanigns.  

Knowing how the Duggars do everything half-assed, their 'upscale rv park' will probably just be a vacant grass lot where people can park. No store, no playground or pool, no hookups or laundry. Kinda what walmart allows for free but ole JB will charge for the privilege of parking on Duggar land. I hope the locals and zoning boards give JB a real hard time setting up this business venture.

• Love 21

Also aren’t trailer parks like semi permanant type homes whilst RV parks are like temporary vacation type places for campers? There’s several trailer parks near me that are very nice, gated, well kept landscaped. Pools and clubhouses. Several are 55 and up retirement places.

• Love 16
8 hours ago, Temperance said:

Maybe JB saw the Forsyths' family camp and decided he needed a similar business venture. The Foysths' camp has cabins and activities, but an RV park seems easier to establish. 

It's hard for me to imagine this isn't some kind of Christian RV park. I wonder if they'll have problems with the kind of people who might show up. 

As for the money, he has 19 kids- 10 boys and at least one son-in-law who works primarily for JB. He has the next generation of 200 to think about.(Even if someone of the families like JinJer are self-sufficient that still leaves a possible 100 grandkids for the future.) I doubt they're hard up now, but JB is thinking for the future, especially if they're no longer on tv. A lot of wealthy people don't have huge families so that there are less heirs to fight over the inheritance. I could see this family squabbling over money in the long run. 

Yeah, what if the men guests want to walk around shirtless?  (Though I suppose nothing's stopping men from walking shirtless down the sidewalks by the Duggars' homes, if it's hot enough.)

6 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Guess they need a place for their eleventy million kids/grandkids/great grands to live when TLC decides enough is enough?  Oldest grand is 9 so in 7-8 years poor thing will courting.  

Maybe that's where they'll prospect for the spouses!

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, MamaMax said:

Also aren’t trailer parks like semi permanant type homes whilst RV parks are like temporary vacation type places for campers? There’s several trailer parks near me that are very nice, gated, well kept landscaped. Pools and clubhouses. Several are 55 and up retirement places.

That's what I thought, too. To me, RV park implies a short term, vacation place. (Like, RV is sorry for "recreational vehicle".) Mobile home or trailer park implies a movable home, meaning not permanently affixed to the ground or foundation. But it's a long term thing, not a stay for two weeks and cook by the fire kind of place.

Trailer parks might have a negative connotation but around me they're quite nice. Pools, clubhouses, and  1600 SQ feet, three or four bedroom homes with granite countertops are not uncommon.

Either way I don't see Duggar property becoming anything upscale, just based on location alone. It's not really a prime location, if I understand correctly.

• Love 14

If it were a mobile home (trailer) park, the people would be paying monthly for their rent and typically their own utilities. In an RV Park, utilities would be included in the fee. In an RV Park, long term people would pay in advance for their lot. There would also be laundry and shower facilities in place.

I have friends who recently decided to get a permanent spot at a campground. It’s $1500 for the season. In many, you have to move the trailer/camper off the property at some point for 24 hours, so it isn’t considered permanent. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

It’s $1500 for the season. In many, you have to move the trailer/camper off the property at some point for 24 hours, so it isn’t considered permanent. 

That seems relatively inexpensive, depending on how long the season is. My family's summer vacation was always two weeks camping (okay, more like gl-amping lite because there was water and indoor plumbing a short walk away and we were never in a tent) at a (the same) state park. It was a tradition stayed long before I was born because it was an inexpensive way to spend two weeks away ... but in recent years it got to be something like $32/night just for the site. 

State parks also limit you to 15 nights at a time before you have to leave for at least 1 to prevent people from staying all summer. The state park we camped at didn't allow full season rentals. 

JB is never going to get an RV park started on his property. There's no appeal - no lake, no forest, no nearby attractions. Why would anyone vacation on random Duggar property (other than the novelty of saying you did?). A mobile home park, maaaaybe, but I'd bet it'll just end up being Duggar family in the end. 

• Love 9
(edited)
31 minutes ago, McManda said:

JB is never going to get an RV park started on his property. There's no appeal - no lake, no forest, no nearby attractions. Why would anyone vacation on random Duggar property (other than the novelty of saying you did?). A mobile home park, maaaaybe, but I'd bet it'll just end up being Duggar family in the end. 

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but my takeaway from the linked article is that this is a piece of property that the Duggars own in Fayetteville, and it's not the property where the TTH is located.

@McManda, apologies if you know for sure, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but it might not be a bad location. It might be kind of nice, especially if some of the locals are opposing the proposed development of the land into an RV park.

Edited by Jeeves

There is a an RV park literally feet from I-5, outside of Olympia, Wa.  It is cramped, and other than a store and bathroom/showers, it has nothing.  It's always full.  Not all RV parks are destinations intended for vacationing, but rather are one night stops en route to the vacation spot.

• Love 3

I hope the RV park is within walking distance of the TTH!  Because you know that Jill Rod will be stopping by every chance she gets, expecting to be comped because they're all such old and dear friends.  She'll tart up Nuri and Kaylee and send them over to the TTH with Tim with baskets of laundry because she just knows that MEchelle wouldn't dream of leaving her old buddy to use a public coin operated machine. 

At least that'll be the excuse, Jill R would really be trying to put her lovely children in front of any available Duggar hoping that one day a Duggerling will suddenly realize that Gods chosen spouse for them just walked in the door!  Even if Jill R is banned from the property herself, she'd have no problem pushing her kids over the fence to get them closer to the Duggars, and those kids will have instructions to take pictures, even if they have to sneak them.  I could even see Jill R hiding in some bushes or tall grass, using a telescope to watch.

• Love 9
(edited)
22 minutes ago, Zahdii said:

I hope the RV park is within walking distance of the TTH! 

Nope. The linked article said the property is 23 acres in Western Fayetteville, located just east of the Ozark Mountain Family Smokehouse. A little online map research shows that this is 13 or 14 miles from Tontitown. (I don't know the address of the TTH and if I did I wouldn't use it to get so specific, i.e., the anti-stalking rules around here. I just looked up Tontitown generally.)

And anyway I don't see Jill R and Chimpy being able to come up with the coin to stay very long in any kind of decent RV park. I suspect they tend to grift around and plant their RV in places where they get "love offering" hookups for power etc.

Edited by Jeeves
Can't spell Tontitown
  • Love 2

I'm picturing a Duggar RV park and the image I'm getting is a dirt lot with patchy weeds, an overflowing septic tank and piles of dog shit everywhere. These people can't even keep their own house looking reasonably clean. I can't imagine them maintaining a business where large vehicles and tons of people are in and out on a regular basis. 

• Love 20
15 hours ago, fonfereksglen said:

Most normal, much less upscale RV Campsites also have pools.  Even rustic tent camping has wifi these days.

I do think that there is some confusion over trailer parks and RV parks which are apples and oranges, though both are beyond any Duggar expertise.  I guess there are some fools who might give them a try.  However, most RVers are quite knowledgable and expect the best at a good price.

Well they could set up their version of a water slide.  Hefty bag with a hose.  That could be listed under an amenity.  

• Love 14
15 hours ago, MamaMax said:

Most places yes.  But here is SB we have an RV park that is residential since rents are so high.  They have no amenities except they are close to everything.  

If Duggar boys are doing any of the work to set up or run this venture I hope they have very good insurance.  They are just a step above my old landlord that used duct tape for every repair.  They 1/2 ass everything so I would bet it would be a 1/2 assed camping experience.  Does the stay include unannounced visits by Josie (bring some counter cleaner)?  Is Jackson going to photobomb all your vacay pics?  Can you call Ben to come clean your toilets?  Nightly entertainment screechy violins?  Sign me up!  Actually, PTV reunion??  

15 hours ago, Zella said:

I'm just envisioning Cousin Eddy visiting their RV park and can't stop laughing.

shitter's full.jpg

If you only knew how often we say this exact quote in reference to the cat litterboxes!  Love this flick.

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, mimionthebeach said:

Don't John and Joe have plumbing expertise?  /sarc

If they ever watched Jana unclog their toilet, then JB would consider them professional plumbers. 

• Love 13
8 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but my takeaway from the linked article is that this is a piece of property that the Duggars own in Fayetteville, and it's not the property where the TTH is located.

@McManda, apologies if you know for sure, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but it might not be a bad location. It might be kind of nice, especially if some of the locals are opposing the proposed development of the land into an RV park.

Isn't there a dump or something within spitting distance of their property, though?

5 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

If you only knew how often we say this exact quote in reference to the cat litterboxes!  Love this flick.

Bahaha! It's my go-to Christmas movie. So quotable.

My family lived for nearly a year in an RV during some tough times when I was a kid. We used the line all the time!  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Isn't there a dump or something within spitting distance of their property, though?

I've heard that's true of the TTH property, but I've now figured out that the property that's being proposed for the RV park is 14 miles away from there. 

10 hours ago, louannems said:

There is a an RV park literally feet from I-5, outside of Olympia, Wa.  It is cramped, and other than a store and bathroom/showers, it has nothing.  It's always full.  Not all RV parks are destinations intended for vacationing, but rather are one night stops en route to the vacation spot.

There’s one right on Hwy 99 in Lynnwood, WA too. It has maybe one tree and is nestled in among car dealerships and the like. I used to assume the sign was a leftover and the park must surely be long gone. But no. It was full, too!

• Love 2

Yes...there is a huge difference between a “trailer park” and an “RV Park”. An RV Park, especially higher end parks, will have amenities that are more akin to a resort. Swimming pools, planned activities, restaurants, dances, etc. my family has “camped” (I use that term very loosely) at the same campground for 35 years. It’s really more like “Glamping”.   Satellite tv, air conditioning, wi fi, you name it. Most folks get around in a golf cart and take rides in the evening up to the snack bar for ice cream.   It’s actually kind of nice. 

In regards to why JB and MeChelle are looking to operate one, Joy’s ILS have their own bible camp. It looks from the outside to be easy money. But it really is not. JB is not about to take on the work involved with maintaining cabins and the like. Instead, BYOSB (bring your own stink bus) and fellowship with hundreds of like-minded folks.  He has plenty of spawn and grandspawn to cut the grass and cobble together some repairs if needed. Folks can pay JB $50/night to camp on Duggar land and get all the self-guided oppression you can handle.  And maybe a dip in the pool if you are fully clothed.  But no women!  That’s defrauding. 

I just don’t see the Duggars being able to maintain a low-end grass field, let alone a high-end campground.  

• Love 19
On May 8, 2018 at 6:23 AM, louannems said:

The Duggars want to open an upscale RV park on their property.

I think the good thing that the article mentioned was that the city is insisting on plans for the RV park and they city will base the go ahead on the plans.  If it's just a grass lot with no amenities or improper plumbing, sewage or electricity, then I can't see them getting the green light to even start the building.

• Love 11
22 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

I think the good thing that the article mentioned was that the city is insisting on plans for the RV park and they city will base the go ahead on the plans.  If it's just a grass lot with no amenities or improper plumbing, sewage or electricity, then I can't see them getting the green light to even start the building.

I imagine that the electrical and plumbing would have to be installed by licensed professionals and would be inspected before they could start renting out spots. JB just doesn't do "licensed professional" at all. I don't think this will go anywhere.

• Love 8
On May 10, 2018 at 6:03 PM, latetotheparty said:

Yo JB, if you really want an upscale RV park, maybe leave the Duggar name off it. 

I’ll  see myself to the prayer closet. 

Good point. JB is fooling himself if he thinks his surname brings credibility to ANY enterprise. My first instinct would be to avoid anything advertised or associated with the Duggar name. I suppose it's fitting because Duggar is to RV park as Hilton is to hotel.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

Make sure you reserve your RV spot early that way you can have a great view of the Ozark Mountains family Smokehouse dumpster?

Imagine the amenities there. Josie will walk on your RV counters and lick them. Maybe the Dugarrettes will play you the violin. 

• Love 4

It's just a reminder that with all the now-married Duggars and the soon-to-be-married Duggars there is the possibility of at least one Duggar woman pregnant at any given time for the foreseeable future. Isn't that special?  There are also a lot of random pictures of pregnant Duggar women.

• Love 9
On 5/8/2018 at 9:39 PM, Zella said:

I'm just envisioning Cousin Eddy visiting their RV park and can't stop laughing.

shitter's full.jpg

LOLOL!!!!!

You made my day, my week, my month and possibly my YEAR with this post.  It will be the topic of many conversations for the next couple days!

my favorite movie mixed with my very most absolute FAVORITE thing:  camping.  No offense, y'all, but you've got this all wrong.  RV parks (privately owned) don't have to allow anything.  They can paint this picture any way they want, and I'd bet a whole bunch of money they spin this as a Duggar park.  They've watched carefully the money made from The Creation Museum and the Ark thing - and they've decided there is enough interest in fundyland for a Duggar Christian Campground.  You watch.  This is coming to America.  I'll even wager Joy and what's his name come back to run it.  (Doesn't she live some distance away from Duggarville?).  And he already has experience, right?  

Upscale RV (I am a pro, we camp almost half the year!) means the spaces are defined and probably landscaped, and will probably be spacious.  Most spots will have full hookups (water, electric, cable, sewer, wifi).  But I'm also guessing they won't encourage long-term.  They're banking on short term like-minded people wanting to sniff a Duggar.  It'll sell too:  kind of wishing I'd thought of it myself!

again, hats off @Zella:   that was worth the journey.  If they'd put cousin Eddie on the entrance sign, they'd fill it every night. (Sadly, they won't.)

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Wait isn't the Ark thing drowning in debt? (Pun intended.) 

I don't know, is it?  My son once mentioned (in a snit about it) that there was some federal funding behind that ark project.  I'm not sure if they're swamped with debt, and (dang!) now I have to go look.  Our family has (rudely, to be sure) sort of side-eyed that whole ark thing since it opened.  And then it happened:  our SIL-to-be mentioned on our family vacay that he'd like to go there, he thought it would be interesting.  Side eyes all simultaneously changed to raised eyebrows and telepathically channeling each other not to joke about the ark any more...

Still, I think there would be enough young family fundies to make the RV thing work for a few years anyway.  

• Love 1
8 hours ago, scriggle said:

I figure here is a good place to put this (don't know what their blog says because I refuse to give them clicks)

“Saturday, May 12, 2018

Duggar Baby Bumps

With six (soon to be seven) Duggar children married, there could easily be at least one daughter or daughter-in-law pregnant at any given time. For fun, we complied a bunch of snapshots of their baby bumps over the past few years.”

And then a bunch of baby bump pictures I believe we have seen before. The only one  I don’t recall is this one:

671D3FCB-FC7F-4FE5-BBF3-295533A7FF48.png

• Love 4

While I was sitting in the waiting room at the hospital clinic waiting to be called for my blood tests, I was looking at a People Magazine. I guess they did a full issue dedicated to William and Kate's new baby boy. I bet it probably pisses off JB and Michelle that no one in the family had a full issue dedicated to one of them after having a baby.

Going back to the upscale RV Park: I questioned what in world was an upscale  RV Park...well, lo and behold, in today’s newspaper, an upscale RV Park is being built near me, right on the Gulf of Mexico. Here’s the amenities: clubhouse, pool, adventure center, nature discovery center, observation tower, biking trails, children’s camp, exercise center, dog park, high speed WiFi, electric, cable, water, sewer hook-up, and deep sea fishing expeditions. You buy the slab your RV sits on, but can rent it out to others when you’re not using it. Think JB’s will be like this???

• Love 9

Has anyone read anything recent like today about a social services call to check on Duggar compound?  I saw it on Radar and didn't click on it, because they are so annoying when you do that, but, is it real or just bogus and something really old?  Just curious. I didn't see anything about it elsewhere. 

(edited)

I haven't heard anything, but I know social services came to the house back when Joshgate hit the press. Maybe that creepy Mother's Day video prompted someone to make a call. 

Regarding JB and his new venture, I Googled "upscale RV park" and wow, those places are really nice. The Duggars are too low-brow and lazy to come up with anything even close to that level. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 8
41 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Has anyone read anything recent like today about a social services call to check on Duggar compound?  I saw it on Radar and didn't click on it, because they are so annoying when you do that, but, is it real or just bogus and something really old?  Just curious. I didn't see anything about it elsewhere. 

I was curious enough to check it. It’s clickbait. It’s an annual welfare report about Tyler, submitted last October by the Duggar’s attorney, that basically states that he is happy and healthy and even has a savings account with over $2000 in it. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, EVS said:

I was curious enough to check it. It’s clickbait. It’s an annual welfare report about Tyler, submitted last October by the Duggar’s attorney, that basically states that he is happy and healthy and even has a savings account with over $2000 in it. 

I figured something like that.  I've grown to steer clear of that site, because they rarely really have a story anymore (it's usually a photo only) and then they try to suck you in with a fake out.  It's so annoying. 

• Love 4