Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggars: In the Media and TLC

As a reminder, the site's Politics Policy remains in effect.  Yes, Jim Bob is apparently running for office again. That does not make it an acceptable topic of conversation in here - unless for some mysterious reason, TLC brings the show back and it is discussed on there. Even then, it would be limited to how it was discussed on the show.

If you have any questions, please PM the mods, @SCARLETT45 and myself.

• Start Topic

Wow, Jana is utterly focused on that baby. Everyone else is looking at the camera, including Jessa, but Jana's eyes are glued to the Spurge.

ETA: And I agree, those huggy touchy feely pics are weird as fuck. Since when do Duggars do anything but side hug? In that last one they all look like they're on drugs. Perhaps the chemicals released by the rare physical touching are making them high.

Edited by Vaysh
  • Love 8

1916729_1870308786529007_887915384437030

Yikes.

So that little smug bitch can get touchy feely for the dolla dollas but couldn't even touch her own sister in comfort while she was falling apart on the molestation interview. Absolutely sickening vile behaviour. I think I actually hate them now.

ETA: COULDN'T resist. I'll be getting the boot from the TCL instagram account within ten minutes.

Edited by MarysWetBar
  • Love 19

So that little smug bitch can get touchy feely for the dolla dollas but couldn't even touch her own sister in comfort while she was falling apart on the molestation interview. Absolutely sickening vile behaviour. I think I actually hate them now.

That apple, at least, has fallen very near the tree. Greedy. Without feeling. Phony as a three-and-a-half-dollar bill.

Why is Jessa making her "O" face?

TeeVee Money. I hear it goes down on you quite effectively.

• Love 11

I would watch it if TLC could guarantee that Jim Bob and Michelle aren't on set during filming. Might be a chance of some honesty if the kids don't have to deal with the parents death glares.

Unfortunately, Jim Boob and J-Chelle can watch the show later, and that's when the fun will begin. They're not dumb enough to let adult children have it in front of a TV camera.

Jim Boob made his deal with the Devil. We'll see how long having the show back is worth what they'll have to go through to hang onto it.

• Love 1

New Icon acquired. Thanks Jessa.

It's really, really Odd that Jill seems to be recast as Joy Anna. Honestly this who preview looks like an SNL parody. I predict big ratings, then a sharp drop off. They better have a big draw planned. Jana's lost twin, her courtship, or her courtship to her lost twin kind of big.

• Love 13

Omg, TLC just ran the promo during the Little Couple. Joy staring forlornly into the camera while a single tear rolled down her cheek was just too ridiculous. When did the Duggars all of a sudden become this emotional, touchy feely family?

Everyone's looking at Spurge like he's Jesus Christ himself when in reality babies are old hat to this group. Jinger didn't even bother to act like she cared during that thrift store shopping trip.

• Love 7

I had NO clue that was Jana until you guys said it. I was staring for a while trying to figure it out.

Aside from the news that they have their own show etc., the show seems to have been revamped. They are branding the girls differently. Quirky and frump are out. Family love with lots of make up is in.

• Love 3

Omg, TLC just ran the promo during the Little Couple. Joy staring forlornly into the camera while a single tear rolled down her cheek was just too ridiculous. When did the Duggars all of a sudden become this emotional, touchy feely family?

The second it saved their gravy train. Wit till the public realizes that they're not truly happy. THEY DON'T FEEL ANYTHING, really. Phony, phony, phony. I have that week off of work, so I'll be sure to torrent the show. I won't contribute to them making another penny.

• Love 5

They all look awful.

I just don't care to watch a show about two young boring married couples and their siblings who still live with Mommy and Daddy and sleep in the same bedroom with kids twenty years younger that aren't their own.

• Love 11

They all look awful.

I just don't care to watch a show about two young boring married couples and their siblings who still live with Mommy and Daddy and sleep in the same bedroom with kids twenty years younger that aren't their own.

I think the show is going to be the original 19K&C, just repackaged and rebranded as "Jill and Jessa Counting On." I think TLC is figuring on there being less outrage if people think the series focuses exclusively on the victims. Those of us who've watched this family for a decade can read between the lines.

• Love 5

Where are the Gothard approved banana curls?

Jessa matches Spurgeon!

No Mustard Sweater but still, we get Jana's Mustard scarf!

Ben, way in the back, is fake smiling SO HARD, his upper lip is folded up to his nose, bareing his gums!

Brothers and sisters touching! Never in real life!

And Jessa! Jessa is over the moon to get back on TV! Her future is secured! She won't have to live the life of a young mother, with a new baby every year, in poverty, married to an uneducated man who cannot support them like she is accustomed!

• Love 10

Jessa is probably having more orgasms over being back on tv than she ever did with Bin. She's going to pimp Spurgeon out so hard Kris Jenner will look tame in comparison. "Family is everything." Yeah right Jessa, you're nose is growing every time you utter that line.

As far as the Dullards, it pisses me off that they're pulling in grifter money and TLC paychecks. And all while they do jack shit in Central America. Life really isn't fair.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 8

Maybe they've solved the "Jana won't be exciting tv viewing" problem by casting someone else as Jana. .... Cuz who is that? Ditto for Jinge.

And not only is she back, but rival Jill didn't make it back in time for the promo.

Jessa: "Score!"

"healing from the past" Jessa is 1970s Barbara Hershey and Jinger is 1988 Barbara Hershey.
  • Love 4

Ugh. So it is true.  I would so fire the lighting person.  Everyone looks washed out even with those "thank goodness we still do not have to work a real job" smiles.  I wont believe this is a different show until the girls wear pants and go by themselves to wherever they feel like going.  Now there is a plot!  Otherwise it will be more trips to Starbucks then claim they have no funds and have to shop at another thrift store until the next baby arrives (I have little to no hope for any courtship/marriage).  I guess Jill and Dullard will have to make a visit.."tonight on a very special episode, please give us money for our very important mission as Spanish lessons are like expensive" crap.  How can they stretch this out for a season?  They barely had any material for the specials.

I really do think JimBoob has something on TLC management to keep this going.

Speaking of the makeovers...if the girls cannot go out why bother with the whole makeup thing anyway?  Some of them will be mandatory spinsters (sadly) to take care of all the baby siblings, nieces, nephews, etc. so what is the point?

Also, why is there not more media on the whole growing lawsuit against their supreme leader Gothard? 

Sorry for the ramble...just really disappointed this is happening.

• Love 8

Well I'm sure that promo will do a lot to help tamp down any gay speculation about John David...

Is it me or were they styling Joseph like the "hunk" of the family (tight v-neck with pecs on display)? Then again with that family's looks I guess he is. 

The one where they look like they're going to eat the baby is truly one of the most surreal promo shots of all time. 

But hey, People's got a ready-made cover, so it's all good.

• Love 4

Jessa's smirk in the one in which the other three girls look like their best buddy died is deplorable, but it really shows her true colors. 

From TLC's website, thrilling plotlines we can expect to see this "season:"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCJy2vPg4qK/?taken-by=freejinger

Now that Joe's dropped out of college, I wonder what "passion" they will shoehorn him into? Perhaps JD's old towing company? Used car lot? Just a couple wild guesses. :D

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3

BradandJanet's idea of Real housewives of Tonitown is brilliant.  Of course, they will never be anything but housewives, so it's absolute perfection.  Of course they can't call it Real Housewives because it's a franchise on another channel with, a you know, homosexual in charge.  But they could copy the format and title cleverly.  Great.  Love it.

• Love 4

Wonder if today's announcement of the indictments of the FDLS for fraud will cause people to pull back from other Christian fundamentalists.

I'd be surprised. Whether or not it's fair, FLDS or even modern Mormonism isn't usually linked with with the more evangelical or fundamental Christian movements. I doubt that anything with the FLDS will hurt the Duggars. by contrast, the FLDS often seems, if anything,  to help Christian fundies to appear more normal by comparison.

Edited by jilliannatalia
  • Love 6

Jessa's smirk in the one in which the other three girls look like their best buddy died is deplorable, but it really shows her true colors.

From TLC's website, thrilling plotlines we can expect to see this "season:"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCJy2vPg4qK/?taken-by=freejinger

Now that Joe's dropped out of college, I wonder what "passion" they will shoehorn him into? Perhaps JD's old towing company? Used car lot? Just a couple wild guesses. :D

Being a reality tv star is his new job.
  • Love 2

Well call me a dreamer but one morning when I wake up I would love to hear or read the headlines "JimBob Duggar caught in lovers tryst with Kim Davis"

I gotta admit, I'd much rather see that headline with Boob and Kim's husband, whatever his name is. Mr Green Jeans or whoever...

• Love 2

In the promo pictures Ben looks like is he trying to be part of something exciting and no one is letting him be part of the in crowd.

And is that Josiah behind JD in the jumping pic? Or are they going to try and rebrand JD & Jana as triplets and JD has a conjoined twin that they managed to hide all these years.

• Love 8

In the promo pictures Ben looks like is he trying to be part of something exciting and no one is letting him be part of the in crowd.

And is that Josiah behind JD in the jumping pic? Or are they going to try and rebrand JD & Jana as triplets and JD has a conjoined twin that they managed to hide all these years.

That 'jumping' looks a lot like dancing to me.

I feel defrauded.

• Love 8

Yikes.

It looks like an ad for the Scottish play.

And I'm hoping the pit stains in the jumping picture is a wink from TLC that the Duggars are going to get a slightly different edit this time. One can hope.

The jumping pics are indeed all about the baby--hail the mighty Spurgeon for resurrecting our show! And the mighty Jessa for producing him!

Oh, and Bin, the sperm donor.

• Love 13

I'm really upset that Jill and Derick aren't featured!!

How did TLC miss a chance to show us Derick's Interpretive Dance for Jesus!? All the while Jill lovingly looking at him as though he is Jesus! #TLCFail

• Love 10

The jumping pics are indeed all about the baby--hail the mighty Spurgeon for resurrecting our show! And the mighty Jessa for producing him!

Oh, and Bin, the sperm donor.

She's like the Madonna and child image.  Maybe they are posing for a statue.

A3658.JPG

Edited by Mollie
  • Love 3

Wait, JD has PIT STAINS in the promo??? I am speechless.

So the pit stains don't bother me as much as JD's face behind Josiah. Umm did he just have sex? I know I'm going to hell thinking that but that's a sex face if I have ever seen one.

• Love 2

Yikes.

It looks like Jessa is singing and the J J Js are harmonizing behind her. Totally agree with the sentiment that it's creepy to see them hanging all over each other like that when we know very well that's not how they were taught to interact naturally. So forced, so phony, so transparent. 

• Love 8

So the pit stains don't bother me as much as JD's face behind Josiah. Umm did he just have sex? I know I'm going to hell thinking that but that's a sex face if I have ever seen one.

John-David looks like he's giving Joseph a neck rub or something.
  • Love 2

Shit. That promo was awful. The girls are unrecognizable.

Keep your arms down, John-David.

Our ensemble cast? Where is fricken Jill? This the Jessa and friends Hour.

There are thisclose to doing a 90210-style people-pile.  Wait, wouldn't that violate several of JB's "measures" to prevent further molestation?

Ugh these freaking people. 

• Love 2

Wait.... What?  I haven't been paying attention to Ben and Jessa and their miracle baby. I only saw the promo for the new show with the girls. Now I'm reading that Ben and Jessa really did name their baby 'Spurgeon' and I'm in shock. All these comments that I've been reading referring to the baby as 'Spurge' and 'Spurgeon' I thought were snarky jokes!  Holy crap, they really named the baby Spurgeon.

I never heard that name in my life and I'm assuming it has some Biblical connection but who in the Bible was Spurgeon? My first thought was that she got pregnant the first time they had sex, and thought that was where they got the name 'spurge of semen'. Had they given any thought to how much crap that kid is going to take in school when he's older? Have they considered that as an adult some people might think he's some kind of doctor that operates on a body part nobody has heard of?  "A doctor that specialized in treatment or surgical removal of the Spurge".

mb56cdc3ed6bfc51.08064673.jpg

I can imagine the conversation between Ben and Jessa about choosing a baby name. "oh William would be a nice name but nobody would make a big deal out of such a common name. 'Spurgeon' will get a lot of attention and create a lot of commentary in television forums."  Okay Ben and Jessa, you won this time, but I'm still never going to watch your show. Name the next kid 'Pickle Parker Seewald' why don't you?

21efaa9029105fbb9a0fe6de8029a7af.jpg

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 13

It looks like Jessa is singing and the J J Js are harmonizing behind her. 

Coming to a Mega Church near you:

The Duggerettes and The Dullards present Interpretive Dance for Jesus!

The Josh Duggar Redemption Tour 

Hurry and get your tickets NOW!

*A JimBob Duggar Production*

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 6

Wait.... What?  I haven't been paying attention to Ben and Jessa and their miracle baby. I only saw the promo for the new show with the girls. Now I'm reading that Ben and Jessa really did name their baby 'Spurgeon' and I'm in shock. All these comments that I've been reading referring to the baby as 'Spurge' and 'Spurgeon' I thought were snarky jokes!  Holy crap, they really named the baby Spurgeon.

I never heard that name in my life and I'm assuming it has some Biblical connection but who in the Bible was Spurgeon? My first thought was that she got pregnant the first time they had sex, and thought that was where they got the name 'spurge of semen'. Had they given any thought to how much crap that kid is going to take in school when he's older? Have they considered that as an adult some people might think he's some kind of doctor that operates on a body part nobody has heard of?  "A doctor that specialized in treatment or surgical removal of the Spurge".

mb56cdc3ed6bfc51.08064673.jpg

I can imagine the conversation between Ben and Jessa about choosing a baby name. "oh William would be a nice name but nobody would make a big deal out of such a common name. 'Spurgeon' will get a lot of attention and create a lot of commentary in television forums."  Okay Ben and Jessa, you won this time, but I'm still never going to watch your show. Name the next kid 'Pickle Parker Seewald' why don't you?

21efaa9029105fbb9a0fe6de8029a7af.jpg

Post Of The Day, for me!!!

Those four promo screenshots had me LOL-ing, until I realized they were real.

What they said to me was:

Picture #1 - Here are the damaged girls.  They need to heal.  But they love and support each other.  You can tell by the way they are posed.  It's for real.
Picture #2 - but LOOK!  It's the SPURGE and he makes everything A-OK!  Jessa raises him in the air like Simba!  Let the Duggar children run to him, and jump for joy whilst doing so, revealing all the pit stains!
Picture #3 - Frolicking ensues, as all the happy brothers and sisters rush in to see who can get get closest to the Spurge while simultaneously not knocking the babe right out of his mother's arms!  Bin is relegated to the background, he must not have bin fast enough for those speedy Duggers and Duggerettes!  Poor Bin!

Picture #4 - Happy, happy family!  Everyone is hugging and is happy.  All is healed!  And they all lived happily ever after.  Happy!

This is for real, right?

• Love 19

right!?! TLC can't spare a few minutes to do a touch up? Yuck.

They were too busy photoshopping the girls to worry about sweat stains on JD. 

I can seriously only hope that TLC is poking fun as much as they are lining their pockets.  Remember that show with Nick Lachey and Jessica Simpson?  The show constantly allowed her to look like an idiot.  I still remember her trying to figure out chicken of the sea.  

• Love 9