Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E18: Honeymoon Is Over

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

Tyler really didn't appreciate Butch overshadowing his second attempt at delivering his suicide failure story. The last try to tell the story fell flat and Tyler was going to to have his tale heard by golly. But wouldn't yaknow it, here comes Butch with a story of being abused as a child.

Foiled again! Tyler could barely eek out a There There for the man.

We don't believe your bullshit saga Tyler. Give it up.

Yep yep. True dat. Get ready to read about that suicide story in one of his forthcoming books. Dude is not going to let that bullshit story go.

Wash your OWN clothes dude. I'm not whoring myself out because my boyfriend can't take responsibility for his own wash.

Maci whored herself out LOOONG ago.

All these assholes are overwhelming. Sophia included. Bentley and Leah are the only people worth watching.

• Love 5

Did Debra seriously say that Simon was like Michael and that meant abusive, angry and guilty of domestic violence? What? He usually just takes their shit over and over and appears to be the big pushover in this family by far so...? Was anything like these claims ever reported? Because I know Deb is a special kind of crazy but seriously! From what I've seen of this show Deb is the one most likely to commit DV and already has. Michael is just a boot licker every time I've seen him nearly. Only recently does he appear to be finally asserting himself even a fraction. Did I miss something? I found this comment even crazier that Deb's 'dog are soulless' "explanation" for the lack of dog tooth fairy money!

I guess the way they roll in that family is with the tooth fairy being their god's special helper who over-delivers tooth fairy money? But only if you have a soul.

At the exchange rate right now Farrah gave her $1,155 when the tooth fairy left £800. The fuck? Is it so she can buy new makeup to wear to kindergarten? How can even the dumbest person think that's a good idea? Sophia has a less than .001 chance of being functional and integrated in society. It's horrible and just gets worse in my opinion. It's getting too sad and disturbing to watch her be set up to be a total outcast and pain in the ass she's definitely going to be. Imagine the crazy around her and said and done to and with her we don't see on the show! She's already terrible!

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 12

Is Gary's Realize Everyone Ain't Loyal the new Beldman Lineman Camp shirt?  Because he wore it all last episode and most of this one, LOL.  I don't know if that's a brand or what but it reminded me when Aeropostale called and told him he had to either stop wearing their shirt or MTV had to blur the logo, LOL.    

I know he likes to push Amber's buttons but in this case I think his concern's about Leah getting attached to Matt were genuine because when  Amber [hopefully] finally kicks Matt out Gary doesn't want it to be a big loss for Leah.  I don't know, Little Leah Leanne Shirley seems bright to me so here's hoping 1)it happens and 2) it's not great loss to Leah.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 10

Again, I think Tyler's therapist is awful. I was lucky enough to have two wonderful and involved parents so I don't know what's worse to grow up without but I just thought it was strange that she kind of undercut Tyler's feelings about not having his dad around by saying Butch had it worse without his mom. I think Butch had it worse for other reasons combined with not having a mom but Tyler is her actual patient so she should have at least validated his feelings.

Thank you! I've been saying that for years now. Butch pretty much said that Tyler needs to quit complaining about his oh-so-sad childhood because it might have been rough missing a father, but that's nothing compared to how HE was raised! WTF? I was thinking - oh no you didn't, and then what did the counselor say? She sympathized and validated his point of view! That was a really bad scene.

Overall, the editors were SAVAGE this week with their little close ups and general footage. Whole lotta crazy. Next week promises to be crazy. Was that guy on Farrah's lawn her bio dad, or did I misinterpret that preview?

I love the editors. I noticed when Amber was talking about how she has a lot of trust issues, the camera zoomed in on Matt nice and tight, and stayed there for a nice, long time. And no, the guy on the lawn in the preview is the exec. producer of the show. He came to talk to her because Farrah refused to film after the producers disallowed her to film another reality show, and they got into a tussle.

Good grief. Maci's entire storyline is about how overwhelmed she is (lol) and how she needs to ask for help. In anyone else's life, that would be a 2 minute story.

I don't think Maci feels overwhelmed at all. I think they're just slobs, but saying they're all just so overwhelmed by how busy they are is a convenient excuse. Right, Leah? (TM2). That, plus it's a plot line. Something they're all so desperate for.

• Love 6

Tyler has Robert Durst shark eyes.

I'm sure it's the editing, but Catelynn seems very detached from Nova. IDK, it's hard to describe, just impersonal (?).

She sure does. Upon her return from Hawaii, she took Nova upstairs, put her in her crib and went back downstairs.
  • Love 4

Did Matt just hang their Christmas lights up with tape?!

I can't imagine what sort of "fixes" he's performed on their flipped houses if he thinks tape is appropriate for attaching outdoor Christmas lights to wood.

Gary looks like a very old man sitting there with all of that weight and those Richard Nixon jowls on his face.  Yikes.

Maci can kiss my ass.  She shouldn't be allowed to utter the term "overwhelmed."  My mom took care of five (5) kids all by herself with food rationing and no car when my dad was overseas during a little thing we now call WWII.  She wouldn't dare say she was overwhelmed, given what other women were going through at the time.

In the real World, Farrah's house still hasn't sold or rented, and she hasn't made the move to L.A.  Please please please do not bring your freak show to my city.  There are more than enough transplanted Farrahs here already.  Las Vegas is more your style, anyway -- hint hint.    

Tyler:  Be a man and get a damn job.  Stop trying to run everyone else's lives and do something with your own.

• Love 11

Why the hell is Farrah dressed like she's hiding from the paparazzi in her own house? She had on those huge sunglasses and that ball cap like she's Casey Anthony in hiding.

lol she probably will be in the future. 

• Love 4

Are Maci's dogs named Bonnie and Clyde? I kind of like that. 

Poor Bintley had his tonsils out, I hope he wasn't too scared. How nice of Ryan to show up at the hospital after his surgery. Oh wait.....He can lose me with his excuses. "Nobody called or texted me" (his mom is right, probably because you rarely respond!). You don't need a formal invitation to be a dad, Ryan! Get your butt down there. Or show up at the house after with his favorite comics and some Jello. Do something! Act like you care. Poor Bentley. He probably doesn't even expect it at this point. 

Maci can lose me too, with all her whining about how overwhelming it was to have BOTH kids home every day. Wah. I have 3 kids home every day, ages 4-7. And I homeschool them. I rarely get a break, but I still manage to get all my dishes washed (by hand), the laundry done, etc. What is Taylor's "work", that he can't help out? The fucking t-shirt line? Because that can be done any time. And Maci mentioned working from home that week. You can cash people's checks from your personal residence? Confused....

I loved when Bentley tried the baby food and yelled, "That's disgusting, where's the Gatorade? I need a beer or something!" Oh man, that cracked me up. And, of course, Maci's son would think a beer appropriate to cleanse his palette. 

So Farrah is back from London for two seconds and the move to LA is already in the works? Boy, she sure moves quickly. What the fuck was up with the $1,000 tooth fairy? Or, excuse me, that 800 pound British tooth fairy? I thought I read online that Sophia got $600 for a tooth. That's insane on its own. What does a kid need with a grand??? I half wonder if she pretends to give Sophia that money for show, promises to put it in the bank for her, and then goes and buys some more tacky dresses with it. 

Of course Sophia ends a prayer with a growl. Of course. And Deb - "Doggies don't have souls". No, that's you. 

So Simon is back in the picture and Sophia wants to cut off Daddy Derek's face and put it on his body? Could this family get any more weird??? Simon has ZERO chemistry with Farrah. None. When he greeted her at the door, it was like he was greeting an aunt that he hadn't seen in awhile. 

Michael totally wants Farrah married off, so he doesn't have to deal with her anymore. Deb, on the other hand, simultaneously called Simon out AND threw Michael under the bus with that "abusive" shade. Tell us more, Debra!

Amber can barely get out of bed to feed her kid, she has no business having so many pets. That made me ill. She also pissed me off talking to Leah about a trip to FL before she ran it past Gary. So not only is she getting her kid's hopes up, probably to have them dashed, but I bet she did that to try and manipulate Gary. Just pathetic. I don't think why she thinks he'd say yes to this idea anyhow. It's great that she wants more time during the holidays. Take her sledding one day, have her over to bake cookies. Why do you need to take up her entire break with a trip to FL? So that would mean she wouldn't see her dad, sister, or step-mom at all for the holiday. A bit hypocritical, don't ya think? 

I also think Amber is really REALLY doubting Matt, but too scared and insecure to be alone. There is a lot of hurt and distrust written all over her face in their scenes. But I doubt she'll leave. 

I really enjoy Tyler's best woman, what was her name? I loved when she said that the opposite of addiction wasn't sobriety, it was connection. I literally got chills. I read an article awhile back that said that very thing - that the real problem with addicts is that they feel very much alone, and we need to look at treating them in a totally different way. It was fascinating. 

Anyhow, it's nice that Tyler's quack therapist can just see anyone that walks in her door, no matter their relationship to your standing client. I do think Tyler wants to help his dad, but I think the selfish part of him also felt upstaged. I was so horrified to hear Butch got beat for wetting the bed. That happened to my husband as well. Just awful. I kind of got what he was saying - He's now realized that you can't compare who had it worse. But in his mind, his kids weren't being beaten to a pulp, so he thought he was doing better than HIS dad. It's really just a whole vicious cycle, each parent is a little bit better than the last, but there are so many issues in that family, they all need help. Individual, credible help. 

Loved that Cate was more interested in gulping down her nails than listening to her husband, AND that he called her out on it. Chick needs to go on "My Strange Addiction". 

• Love 13

Yep yep. True dat. Get ready to read about that suicide story in one of his forthcoming books. Dude is not going to let that bullshit story go.

I think that story is in the book cate and Tyler wrote. I haven't read it but I thought I heard about it online before this season.

Tyler seems to constantly have his storyline front and center in his mind and there is an ulterior motive behind everything that comes out of his mouth. Personally I think Tyler should let his father live his life and let bygones be bygones. But that doesn't feed his poor troubled kid from the wrong side of the tracks And Tyler knows that's his bread and butter.

I don't doubt that butch is exactly what he seems but people like butch and April are usually that way because they are part of a dysfunctional cycle and were victims themselves. Tyler has zero empathy.

Edited by Lexie
  • Love 7

I think Cate and Tyler are both really unattached to Nova. She's so beautiful and deserves to be treasured by BOTH her "parents." I noticed last week when they said bye to her, neither of them took her out of the stroller even. Just gave her a peck on the cheek. My hubby and I went on a week long trip when my daughter was that age and we left her with family. I held her little body so close and just bawled when I said goodbye. It was horrible! Then when they return the first thing Cate does is put poor Nova in her crib. 

And I may be the only one, but I thought Sophia was talking about her doll losing teeth, not the dog. Although "dolls don't have souls" is still a weird ass answer.

• Love 4

I get that Ryan sucks, but who doesn't text their kid's father when he's having surgery? Weird.

I get that Maci sucks, but who doesn't visit their kid when he's having surgery/after he's had surgery?

Gotta call total bullshit on Ryan's claim not to know about the surgery. Clearly Larry and Jen were talking to Bentley the night before, were well aware he had to go into the hospital in the morning, and would be out of school for a week. And I doubt Jen didn't share that info with Ryan somehow. He certainly knew it was happening, he just claimed he couldn't be there because no one spoonfed him the details, then carried him there on gossamer wings.

Also calling bullshit that he only cuts Maci off when she tries to talk about something other than Bentley. Rlly' Rahn'? Have you seen yourself?

I know he likes to push Amber's buttons but in this case I think his concern's about Leah getting attached to Matt were genuine because when  Amber [hopefully] finally kicks Matt out Gary doesn't want it to be a big loss for Leah.  I don't know, Little Leah Leanne Shirley seems bright to me so here's hoping 1)it happens and 2) it's not great loss to Leah.

And yet he had none of that concern when he broke up with Christina, who was doing all the heavy Leah lifting when Amber wasn't there. Back then he was claiming his breakup hurt Leah the most. And then after they got back together, he still kept Kristina waiting (pathetically, IMO) as he bounced back and forth between his "feelings" for Amber and whether she'd be allowed to stay or had to go. No concern a'tall, even after claiming that first breakup hurt Leah "the most." That was set to be a far bigger loss since she was already calling her "mommy," and treating her kid like a sister. These assholes perform for the camera like the audience doesn't have a memory (or access to Twitter).

Edited by SnarkKitty
  • Love 6
Did Matt just hang their Christmas lights up with tape?!

And this is the guy you want to flip houses with? Pass. 

Question: Has anyone seen Tyler express empathy? (serious question)

Honestly, now that you mention it, no. He expresses concern for other people, but generally it's because of how their situation will effect HIM. He is concerned about Butch falling off the wagon - because he will lose his dad again. He is concerned about Cate having anxiety in Hawaii - because it will ruin his vacation. He is concerned about Nick hearing a potentially traumatizing story. Oh wait, no he's not. Because he proceeded to tell it anyway. 

"I miss my family around Christmas, too,"

LOL yeah right moron. You won't even admit to the 8 kids you  have!

Oh my gosh, that line killed me. I immediately asked, "Which one?"

Did anyone else see Cate and Ty's bedroom door? Looked like they kept a prisoner in there, it's all scratched up around the door knob. Freaky.

That's just what Cate nibbles on when she's all out of her nails. 

• Love 12

I think Ryan is avoids Bentley, because he can not stand being around Maci.  Most of the time we see him with Bentley, it's at Larry and Jen's house, while Maci is away.  He probably purposefully waits until she leaves.

Guess what, Ryan...unless, you can go back in time in six years and either put on a condom or not have sex, then you have to deal with Maci.  She is the mother of your son and you will be linked for the rest of your life (unless your name is Matt).

Also, no one should have to tell you that your son is having surgery.  You should be involved enough in his life to know.  If you has spent any time around that boy, you would know.  A kid that age would talk non stop about having to go into the hospital.

Bentley is a great kid and you are missing out on his childhood to spite is mother.  This makes you a loser. 

• Love 10

Haven't read the comments yet but Sofia is a scary child. The looks on her faces during this episode reminded me of Talky Tina from the Twilight Zone: "My name is Talky Tina and I don't think I like you." 

Simon sneezing into his hands and saying he did not need tissues was gagworthy and completely disgusting. Farrah seemed like she was in some kind of manic state during this episode. I was shocked she did not flip out on Michael for having his own texting sessions with Simon.

Catelynn and Tyler have no story line. Butch's whining at the counselor's was irritating to me. There comes a time in your life that you stop using things that happened 45 years ago as an excuse for behavior that you exhibit today. It just reeks of an attempt to get the spotlight off of you and get people to feel sorry for you. Tyler has anointed himself the grand poobah of all things. He knows what's best for Cate, he knows what's best for Butch. Meanwhile, he's a layabout with no ambition or interest in anything except controlling all of the situations around him. Butch is 53 and can do what he wants. 

Maci's story line this week mentioned laundry not being done? Seriously? How difficult is it to do laundry? It's one of those chores that has an Easy tag attached to it because you throw it in, move it to the dryer 30 minutes later and have an hour (or more) of time to do other things. Maybe it does not get put away right away but the issue these people seem to have is that there are dirty clothes all over the place. Not for anything but Bentley is well old enough to help with laundry and other household chores and should be doing just that. That Maci is too stubborn to ask for any kind of help with anything sit squarely on her. 

Amber and Matt's holiday lights affixed with duct tape.... 

• Love 4

I'm starting to think Tyler doesn't want Butch to leave because it keeps Catelynn off of him.  He can say "oh no, my dad is in the next room".  I'm not sure how well that works though.  We've seen the way she hops on him like she's an 80lb waif.

• Love 6

Amber: You and Matt are a disaster. You want to flip houses with him, but he can’t hang Christmas lights without tape? As for him “Missing his kids”, make an effort to see them, Douchebag! Matt is shady. I hope Amber is able to open her eyes and see what a douche he is. Also, why did she wait so long to ask Gary if they could take Leah to Florida? Amber acts like Gary won’t let her do anything with Leah. He seems like a reasonable enough guy.

Maci: Did Maci know that she was pregnant while she was drinking? MTV should make her do a PSA about Fetal Alcohol Syndrome.  Also, Ryan is an asshole. He has an excuse for everything! He knew when Bentley  was having his surgery. “No one called me”. How about you make the first call, Ryan? Ryan cannot do anything without someone pushing him along. I hope he got fixed, so no other children are subjected to his sub par parenting.  By the way, Maci. having two kids a year apart won’t help with your stress.  Maci sure has an easy time getting pregnant, despite having PCOS.

Catelynn: Can you please stop biting/picking at your nails? It’s disgusting! I don’t know if it’s a nervous habit, but just stop!  The scenes with Tyler and Butch were heartbreaking. I hope that Butch is able to get his life on track, but it’s not Tyler’s responsibility to parent his parent. He has to let  Butch make his own choices, and fail or succeed. Nova is adorable.

Farrah: Who the Hell gives their kid a thousand dollars for losing a tooth? I guess Farrah did make a ton of money doing porn… Because she sure has a lot to give to Sophia for losing a tooth.  Why is she playing with Sophia’s emotions by bringing Simon back? They’re not going to end up together. Sophia needs stability. We don’t need her to be another Jace, with more father figures, than years she’s been alive.  Cannot wait for the blow up with Farrah and the producer next week.

• Love 5

Did you see the camera zoom in on a decorative sign in Amber's house that said "All Because Two People Fell in Love"? Aren't those usually used in a baby's room or to describe families? Like, Leah exists because Amber and GARY fell in love, and Matt's eleventy billion children exist because he fell in love (ha ha ha) with their mothers, and NONE of those children live with Leah and Matt.

Also, Leah Shirley's hair really is the most beautiful thing on this show, and she seems like a great kid. How??? I have no idea, but she seems well adjusted.

Edited by truebluesmoky
  • Love 13
Maci: Did Maci know that she was pregnant while she was drinking? MTV should make her do a PSA about Fetal Alcohol Syndrome.  Also, Ryan is an asshole. He has an excuse for everything! He knew when Bentley  was having his surgery. “No one called me”. How about you make the first call, Ryan? Ryan cannot do anything without someone pushing him along. I hope he got fixed, so no other children are subjected to his sub par parenting.  By the way, Maci. having two kids a year apart won’t help with your stress.  Maci sure has an easy time getting pregnant, despite having PCOS.

If Ryan ever impregnates a girl that he loves and respects, he will be a totally different type of father.  It will drive Maci crazy, but it makes me sad for Bentley

I am happy that has not had any other children, unlike Maci, who is on baby number three, before she has finished her 2 year Associate's degree she started at the age of 18. 

I do not believe that Maci got her Associates, because if this girl put 70 million pictures of her drinking beer with her friends, you know damn well we all would have seen a picture of that degree and Maci in a cap and gown by now.

Also, Leah Shirley's hair really is the most beautiful thing on this show, and she seems like a great kid. How??? I have no idea, but she's seems well adjusted.

Leah is a lovely little girl.  I wish Amber would realize what a wonderful child she has instead of obsessing over her con man boyfriend.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 6
I think Ryan is avoids Bentley, because he can not stand being around Maci.  Most of the time we see him with Bentley, it's at Larry and Jen's house, while Maci is away.  He probably purposefully waits until she leaves.

He avoids Bentley plenty even when Maci isn't around. I know they've shown Bentley at Larry and Jenn's and Ryan was nowhere around. He lives there, though, so he comes and goes as he pleases. And if he happens to see his kid, well that's cool. If Maci bothers him to the point that he can't even go see his kid when he's had surgery, that just shows how immature Ryan is. Get over it. Millions of exes that don't like each other deal with each other every day. It's about the kids, not you.

I'm starting to think Tyler doesn't want Butch to leave because it keeps Catelynn off of him.  He can say "oh no, my dad is in the next room".  I'm not sure how well that works though.  We've seen the way she hops on him like she's an 80lb waif.

Not just that aspect, but I'd wager he generally prefers Butch's company. Apparently they have deep talks in the morning over coffee. When he tries to talk to Cate, she just mumbles and chomps her nails. 

If Ryan ever impregnates a girl that he loves and respects, he will be a totally different type of father.  It will drive Maci crazy, but it makes me sad for Bentley

I just don't see this happening. The very fact that Ryan's level of fatherhood depends on how he feels about the woman just shows how low class he is. I don't think he is capable of respecting any woman. He doesn't even really respect his own mother! I, honestly, don't think Ryan will ever be a good father. Maci aside, he's too immature and selfish. He's had 7 years to grow into it, but he's changed the least out of the people on this show. 

• Love 8

Amber sucks. She knows Gary is going to (rightly, IMO) say no to the Florida trip so she talks it up in front of Leah so that he becomes the bad guy. I hate how both of them put her in the middle of their issues. Leah is such a sweet, smart girl. I don't know how she is so well adjusted with those two as parents.

I don't think she's well adjusted, I think she's doing her best to be the perfect little girl. I will bet a million dollars that her little girl brain is thinking that if she is very good that her parents won't fight and that everything will be OK. My heart breaks for her.

Butch is 3 months out of jail and already has a lady friend, April remarried and I am sitting here single!

LOL! Don't despair--would you want your standards to be as low as Butch and April's?

• Love 11
I don't think she's well adjusted, I think she's doing her best to be the perfect little girl. I will bet a million dollars that her little girl brain is thinking that if she is very good that her parents won't fight and that everything will be OK. My heart breaks for her.

Yup. She is a little people pleaser. That's why she tells both Amber and Gary that she wants to be with them, and they think the other is making shit up. When Amber asked Leah if she wanted to go to FL to see Bubby, she SAID yes, but her eyes said, "Ummmm, not really". 

• Love 7

And Maci mentioned working from home that week. You can cash people's checks from your personal residence? Confused....

I'm pretty sure her entire job consists of tweeting about her company's virtues and updating their facebook page. She probably does do it from home most days, unless the camera is on her while she's dropping off Jayde for daycare.

I just don't see this happening. The very fact that Ryan's level of fatherhood depends on how he feels about the woman just shows how low class he is. I don't think he is capable of respecting any woman. He doesn't even really respect his own mother! I, honestly, don't think Ryan will ever be a good father. Maci aside, he's too immature and selfish. He's had 7 years to grow into it, but he's changed the least out of the people on this show.

I actually think these are both correct. I don't think Ryan has a whole lot of respect for women in general, but as long as he's romantically or sexually interested in the mother, he'll make an attempt to be less douchey to the kid. Once his feelings fade for the mom though, I would imagine the kid will get the Bentley treatment.

• Love 6

I mean, all of these girls are awful and idiotic and just annoying but then I get to come here and I get to laugh and laugh with you people! 

I swear this group is one of the only reasons I still watch this show!  Now when I watch TMOG I watch it with an eye toward what will be said in the group discussion.  Whenever Farrah or Debra does something insane or Butch appears on screen, my first thought is, "Ooh!  What will the group say about this?  They are going kill it!"  

Thanks, everyone!

I couldn't help but think that answers some of our questions about how handy they would be, for the house flipping.

And they were sooooooo "thrilled" with the finished job.  Could they have had less enthusiasm?  Even if the lights didn't work after they hung them, they couldn't get a laugh out of it?  So brain dead!

Edited by Marisagf
  • Love 7

Every time Maci talks about Taylor "buying a clothing line", I want to smack her. No Maci, he bough a bunch of boxes of t-shirts with weird pockets and a website. A clothing line is Michael Kors, or god help me, even Jessica Simpson. As for not being able to keep up, oh, just cry me a river. I noticed that her being "overwhelmed" doesn't preclude her from popping a beer, attending parties and go out with her besties. She also does a lot of couch surfing for someone who can't keep up. WRT the laundry, the machine does 90% of the work. You do 10%. Same with the dishwasher. It's really not a big deal to load up and appliance, then unload it after it's finished. Ryan is a getting a little pudgy. And did I see some gray hairs? 

I wanted to strangle Amber for talking about a trip to FL to Leah before talking to Gary. That is rule number ONE for exes, you talk about that kind of stuff BEFORE you mention it to the kid. She of course, is setting up a situation where if Gary says no, he's the bad guy. Poor Leah, she is being so manipulated, on both sides. WTF are they doing getting dogs? 

So in Butch's twisted mind, Cate and Tyler had a better upbringing because it wasn't as bad as his. Ok, then. Butch and Tyler are sure two of a kind. Both eho driven narcissists. It's all about them. Poor Nova. She is adorbs. I imagine her sitting there waving "hey there, I exist". 

I can even with Farrah. A grand for a tooth. A visit from a famewhore (Simon)  means a marriage proposal. Debra telling him he is abusive, well maybe. Dogs with no souls. Children who growl instead of talk. Portapotties in the driveway. It's insane. 

• Love 6

Also, Leah Shirley's hair really is the most beautiful thing on this show, and she seems like a great kid. How??? I have no idea, but she seems well adjusted.

I love her hair!  I want to style my daughter's hair like that!  Leah could be a hair show model!

• Love 2

Debra is INSANE. She is out of her mind.

I can't believe no one has brought up Farrah's stripper shoes yet! I actually smacked myself in the head because I thought I was having a stroke or hallucinating or something. But when my vision cleared, they were still there. What the actual fuck?

• Love 6

Did Ryan dye his hair? I kinda liked the grey.

And did we really need the close shot of Ambers puppy taking a shit?

They made sure we all saw that Butch spelled Craigslist wrong.

Tyler doesn't want Butch to move out because that's the only interesting thing about him.

• Love 2

Dogs don't have souls? Go away Debra. As gross as Gary is, he definitely has Matt's number. "He won't leave until Amber kicks him out." That is true. Matt won't leave the money or the cameras willingly.

Wtf was Farrah wearing sunglasses inside like she's a movie star or something.

And I must have completely missed it because I don't keep up with these ladies on social media or anything but Maci is pregnant again!? Girl. I really wonder how Taylor feels about it. If he actually wants these kids

• Love 2

So speaking of the editors showing things to make them look bad, I thought it was funny that they showed Nova sleeping on her tummy on top of some blankets. I just had a baby and was constantly told not to put her to sleep on her tummy and not to have loose blankets in her crib to cut down on suffocation/SIDS risks. Now I know some people do it anyway and I am not judging but I kind of felt like that shot was put in there to make them look bad, like the shot of Maci's drink, etc.

• Love 3

How fame thirsty must Simon be to go back with Farrah? The last time they were together on this show he didn't even looked at her once. I have never seen anyone less interested in someone.

What was the point of tooth fairy bringing foreign currency to Sophia? She can't even go to the store to get something with it. This is second lost tooth just this season right? Sophia still doesn't have new ones 6 months later, just saw her picture from New York Fashion week and she still doesn't have any front teeth. At least her hair was combed, I almost didn't recognize her.

I would never bought anything that Matt and Amber flipped after seeing his handy work with the Christmas lights. And why Amber can't use the same reasoning about Leah not spending Christmas with her dad - "there will be many more Christmases" when she cries about not being with her on Leah's birthday?

Macy is so overwhelmed that she can't even remove all the empty soda bottles from their bedroom bedside tables. Maybe they are trying to trick us into thinking they don't drink as much as they actually do. (I counted 7)

Happy parents healthy children stable families. Perfect t-shirt for Catelynn.

Why Catelynn and Maci's bedrooms look so bleak? There is no decorations on walls, no pictures, book shelves...

Butch is already planning disability checks. I wonder how much he can get with spending most of his life in prison and not working much.

"Can't we just be perfect?"

"I think we are pretty close."

Amber's face - priceless!

Edited by ava111
  • Love 4

I knew the second Taylor suggested they hire outside help that what he meant was a NANNY. He threw out "laundry" first to water down his true intentions...but it was clear she wanted help with the baby and the first thought he had was to hire someone else to do it. <br /><br />Anyone else think Maci is getting pregnant to trap men? And Taylor is on board- he wants the cameras. <br /><br />No way Sophia keeps that money. It's all for show. Farrah actually made sure the cameras captured the moment because she wants something for it...attention, validation, etc.<br /><br />Cate bites her nails due to nervous energy. She's anxious. It's a hard habit to break. <br /><br />I yelled at my TV when Amber asked Leah if she wanted to go to FL before she asked Gary. Blatant manipulation. Amber gets to be the best mom ever and Gary will be the bad guy.

• Love 2

I thought Gary and Amber recently had a custody agreement put in place? Did they not think about holidays, birthdays, etc.? I've seen agreements where one parent has the child such and such a holiday in even numbered years and the other in odd numbered, as an example.

• Love 1

I don't watch this regularly but I just can't believe these same girls have been on TV for 7 YEARS! I'm with a lot of posters who wonder what they are going to do when the MTV money dries up? I pray they have saved some but that is a long shot.

Bentley is still the cutest thing ever. Your dad sucks and your mom isn't the greatest but I guess at least you are taken care of. Ryan. To me he has not changed at all. Do you need someone to drive you to the hospital to see your own son you lazy piece of crap? "No one texted me." Well instead of making excuses text Maci to ask the details and if he's going to need anything. Or since you don't want to talk to Maci ask your Mommy to talk to her. He's so pathetic. When your parents look at you like your're an idiot Ryan, it's time to change. Thank the lord they at least want to have a relationship with Bentley even if their son doesn't because it will require too much effort on his part. Also Maci, you aren't "overwhelmed." You are living the life of someone with two kids who doesn't feel like cleaning. Suck it up and tell your lazy boyfriend to help out too. 

Try asking Gary earlier about taking Leah to Florida instead of last minute like you did Amber. I get that Amber misses her daughter when she doesn't have her but the reasons you have visitation with her are your own doing Amber. I want to feel sorry for you but I can't. You are trying to turn your life around and kudos to that but getting engaged to the creepy old guy that has 7 kids that he doesn't see or take care of is probably not your best decision. So Gary's concerns about Matt are valid even though I'm sure his motives aren't 100 percent altruistic. Also I can' t stand listening to her whine about her situation. 5 years ago, it was your GED, now its your custody situation. Amber here's a thought: get a job, save some money and move off your couch, get rid of your deadbeat fiance. Do SOMETHING that is going to show the courts  that you are really trying to be a good mother and making some real effort to get joint custody of Leah instead of talking about it all the time. 

Farrah and Deb's plastic surgery makes my face hurt because they can barely move theirs. Sophia is going to be just like her mother in behavior with her dad's face. 

• Love 2
So speaking of the editors showing things to make them look bad, I thought it was funny that they showed Nova sleeping on her tummy on top of some blankets. I just had a baby and was constantly told not to put her to sleep on her tummy and not to have loose blankets in her crib to cut down on suffocation/SIDS risks. Now I know some people do it anyway and I am not judging but I kind of felt like that shot was put in there to make them look bad, like the shot of Maci's drink, etc.

I think Nova is old enough at this point that it's not a huge concern. My ped always told me that once they can roll over on their own, you can't really stress about them sleeping on their backs. 

What was the point of tooth fairy bringing foreign currency to Sophia? She can't even go to the store to get something with it.

See, this is why I think it's all for show. She'll tell Sophia that she has to take it to the bank and have it exchanged, then just hope that the kid forgets. 

• Love 4

To me, this was the most hilarious episode of TM I've ever seen. Heaping full of WTF moments, starting with this imaginary romance between Farrah and Simon. Simon is just some poor hapless schmoe who is too desperate for $ to say no to playing along with this freakshow for a few hours. Their moments together were so painful. Simon looked like he wished he could wear a haz-mat suit. He practically had to hold his nose to be close to Farrah and made limp, half-hearted efforts to be present. I seriously pity anybody who is so desperate or delusional or poor that they could be talked into this. 

Throughout this season, Farrah has this smirk on her face most of the time which to me indicates this is all plotted out ahead of time and the participants are prepped by producers. "OK Farrah, we've talked to Simon and he's agreed to come back for one day, and he's going to send this text to you so we can show it on the camera." I think Sophia's bizarre behavior is (partly) because she sees that everyone around her is acting, so she wants to act too. She conjures up some version of the act she thinks she's supposed to play, and puts it out there. Gramma is trying to steal Mommy's boyfriend! Simon should marry Mommy! etc. And everybody looks slightly horrified. 

Michael and Debra's ridiculous conversations with Simon looked so scripted, and poor Simon looked like his main problem was staying awake. If I was Michael, i would object to being portrayed as a controlling, abusive jerk husband/father -- but apparently we have to wait for his book. $$$

Amber was doing that disgusting passive aggressive thing of talking about this trip to Florida with literally EVERYBODY before talking to Gary about it -- in hopes, no doubt, that Leah would run home and say Daddy Daddy please can I go to Florida? and then Amber wouldn't have to ask him about it on camera. There was that long moment as Leah was going out the door with Gary when Amber was supposed to ask Gary about it, but didn't. Amber is feeling vulnerable cuz Amber knows Matt's a rat and she has to do something about it. And Matt... "I miss my family too"... OMG. HILARIOUS IRONY. And the puppies. What wonderful homes Amber will find for them. Right. 

What about that long lingering shot of Matt and Amber riding in that whatever-it-was carriage, I guess supposed to be a romantic moment -- and the camera held on their blank faces for a loooong minute, showing us just how in love they really are. Comedy gold.

And the Charlie Brown Xmas tree! And the squashed dog moment! Add to the dog shit on the floor... 

And what a brilliant idea, to take your new fiance down to visit your brother who has repeatedly warned you about this guy, who is NOT a fan, and actually has the balls to say so. Oh, and didn't Amber's mother just look overjoyed at that idea too. 

It's nice that Gary is thinking of Leah's feelings and all, but I see a big "I don't care" on Leah whenever Matt is around. I don't think Leah has gotten emotionally attached to him at all, and would be relieved if he was gone, as long as his replacement isn't worse. She can see through him. 

I may be wrong, I think Taylor likes the Maci gravy train, but I just don't see him sticking around for the long haul. Children or not. Obviously the majority of the "fathers" on this show are not really into the whole fatherhood thing, and don't see a child (or two) as a reason to actually stay in a relationship with the mother. I think he fits that profile. 

Ryan's parents are in constant horror at how they could have raised a son so self-centered, lazy, and insensitive. I think both of them wonder what they did wrong and I do too. Both of them seem pretty reasonable. Was he their only child? I guess the fact that he still lives with them like a teenager must tell us something. 

I don't know if Butch's emotional breakdown at the counseling session was real or not. People in prison have to go through various types of counseling and the smart ones get really good at faking what works. He may have saved up that story for MTV. Or maybe it was all 100% real. I know from my own experience that childhood injuries can still haunt you in your later life. But the point of the session was to talk about his sobriety and Tyler's concerns about trusting Butch to move out. So here is Butch making it all about him, just like Tyler wants it all to be about him. Apple? Meet tree. 

Edited by lidarose9
  • Love 10

This episode included a shot of Maci's Christmas tree, so this places the time sometime after thanksgiving. She is at least 12 weeks pregnant during this episode. How does she not know? She didn't wonder where her period was? I know she has PCOS, but still, if you're having unprotected sex regularity, it has to be in the back of your mind. Plus, she drank a margarita. Nice shot of it too! She is so overwhelmed because of laundry...really? Laundry is a quick task. You sort the laundry, you drop laundry in washer you start it. You then do whatever else you want for 40 minutes, transfer to dryer for another 40 minutes and proceed to do whatever while it dries. Why is this so hard??? I fail to see how she doesn't have time for it.

Tyler calling Catelynn out for chewing her nails haha!!

• Love 1

And what a brilliant idea, to take your new fiance down to visit your brother who has repeatedly warned you about this guy, who is NOT a fan, and actually has the balls to say so. Oh, and didn't Amber's mother just look overjoyed at that idea too. 

It's nice that Gary is thinking of Leah's feelings and all, but I see a big "I don't care" on Leah whenever Matt is around. I don't think Leah has gotten emotionally attached to him at all, and would be relieved if he was gone, as long as his replacement isn't worse. She can see through him. 

Ryan's parents are in constant horror at how they could have raised a son so self-centered, lazy, and insensitive. I think both of them wonder what they did wrong and I do too. Both of them seem pretty reasonable. Was he their only child? I guess the fact that he still lives with them like a teenager must tell us something. 

If I remember correctly, this is the brother who has stated his dislike of Matt, Gary and the MTV wormhole is sister is in? I'm sure he is dying to see Matt come visit him in Florida. Let's think about that Amber. She just wants Leah to ask Gary if she can go because she's already talked about in front of her tons of time before even talking to Gary. 

I laughed out loud at Ryan's parents. His dad especially when Ryan stood there with his Duh face talking about "She wants to have conversations." And he threw his hands in the air like, yeah that's what people who have kids together have to do you moron. I think they realize when he talks, " We raised this kid. Yikes." They do seem like good people though in general.  

• Love 3

Is there ever a scene with Catelynn NOT chewing on her fingers? She's either, biting them, picking at them and chewing them or her lip.

It's definitely a nervous tick. I have gels on my nails and since I can't bite them I'll tend to pick at them here and there but she is obsessive! Can she do it in private at least? So glad Tyler called her out on it. Maybe she can call him out on being extremely self centered.

Someone up thread mentioned Sophia and Debra maybe said "dolls" not "dogs have no souls" which I hope, lol. For people who say grace before meals, I would be concerned that they don't consider a dog to have a soul. This is Debra tho. Whores R Us, pleather pants, belly baring, coochie cutter wearing Debra.

• Love 1

My dvr cut off when Tyler was recapping therapy for Cate - did I miss anything? Because I really don't want to have to watch the whole damn thing on demand.

Poor Butch. I think we all felt for him more than Tyler did.

Why would Amber talk to everyone about taking Leah to Florida without clearing it first? Dumb.

Edited by TexasGal

I wanted to add that in no way do I believe Farrah actually gave Sophia that much money for her lost tooth. Everything Farrah does is for the cameras and is so fake. Sophia is too young to realize that she's just a character in the Farrah show and that her mom doesn't really give a shit about her.

• Love 6

More hilarity: 

- Sophia getting into the car when Simon & Farrah picked her up from school: "Hello Nobody." Sophia whacking Debra with the giant stuffed dolphin. 

- Matt, looking at his duct-taped Xmas lights: "Could this be any more joyous? The only way this could be better is if there was only one light that worked."

- Farrah to her father: "What if Simon tries to marry me?" Huh? Like he's going to sneak up on you and carry you off to the chapel of love?

- Simon and Farrah sitting in their lawn chairs, Simon looking at his phone. Yeah, he can't wait for that. 

Really, I was guffawing out loud. 

Edited by lidarose9
  • Love 6
Someone up thread mentioned Sophia and Debra maybe said "dolls" not "dogs have no souls" which I hope, lol. For people who say grace before meals, I would be concerned that they don't consider a dog to have a soul.

I don't know. I distinctly remember her saying "doggies", not "dogs". I guess it could be "dollies" - either way, the no souls thing is still weird. How about dolls don't get visited by the tooth fairy because they're not real and their teeth don't fall out? Dogs don't because....well they have no use for money, would not understand the concept of the tooth fairy, etc. But, of course, that clan would never sit a child down and have an actual well reasoned conversation. "No soul means no dough!" That's it. 

• Love 4