Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E18: Honeymoon Is Over

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

Catelynn and Tyler worry when Butch starts dating;

Those two need to worry about their own damn lives. Any energy spent on Butch is energy wasted that could be better spent on walking, going to the gym, taking care of their own child, looking for a job for Tyler in the want ads.

Maci, who's overwhelmed with life, needs Taylor to step it up;

Oh, for fuck's sake. Really? These girls have no clue what it is to be overwhelmed.

• Love 16

They really haven't a clue do they Kazu? The real world is going to bitch slap most of these girls hard when they show ends and the money dries up.

Then they'll know what overwhelmed is when they're working minimum wage jobs because they never learned a trade and now you don't have the time or money to learn one, when they can't afford day care, when the car breaks down on the way to taking the kids to school and you can't afford to fix it, then you get fired because you were late one too many times.

You're so right that they have no clue what being overwhelmed truly is.

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 14

The word "overwhelmed" is over used on this show. No one knows what it means to be truly overwhelmed. I want to know what it is Maci considers so over-whelming. Is it baby Jayde crying because she is teething and it somehow interferes with Maci and her beer pong party?

Love the title "Honeymoon is Over". A reference to Catelynn and TyTy, I assume? Honeymoon was over the first time Tyler let it be known he couldn't see himself with Cate forever.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 9

Why don't these morons think about how overwhelming it is to have 1,2 or 3 children...oh, I don't know- here's an idea!- before they get pregnant? Thinking about it after the kid is born and screaming at 4am isn't very helpful...

• Love 9

Mrs SMartyPants I read it the same way and had to keep staring at it as it did not compute. Even with all the craziness!

I have been hooked on this show but havent watched it so faithfully. I just caught the episode of Tyler and Caitlyn getting married. I realized they showed Javi and I cannot remember her name but it made me realize that she must have opted out of the show? Or is she in another group but just happens to be friends with Catilyn? See what happens when you don't watch religiously?

• Love 1

Mrs SMartyPants I read it the same way and had to keep staring at it as it did not compute. Even with all the craziness!

I have been hooked on this show but havent watched it so faithfully. I just caught the episode of Tyler and Caitlyn getting married. I realized they showed Javi and I cannot remember her name but it made me realize that she must have opted out of the show? Or is she in another group but just happens to be friends with Catilyn? See what happens when you don't watch religiously?

You are thinking of Kail from Teen Mom 2. Or as we call her, Karl.

I'd love to how this crew would deal if any of them had a child with spe,ial needs and no support system.

Agree.

I'd love to see anyone of these idiots would feel and handle having to work part-time while finding out they have to pay for the depression meds because their health benefits don't cover it and they don't have MTV cash to pay for it.

I'd love to see how they handle the fact they can't just take a vacation on a whim because they have to work full-time and they can't afford to travel because all their money goes to rent, car payment, insurance, day-care, baby-sitting costs, etc.

I want to see one of these girls know what it is like to have to really struggle without the ability to buy a new car every year, get plastic surgery, attend red-carpet events sponsored by MTV, and be catered to as if they are fucking royalty.

• Love 12

Those two need to worry about their own damn lives. Any energy spent on Butch is energy wasted that could be better spent on walking, going to the gym, taking care of their own child, looking for a job for Tyler in the want ads.

Oh, for fuck's sake. Really? These girls have no clue what it is to be overwhelmed.

Yes. Overwhelmed with what?

Two minutes in,and Bentley already delivered. "I need a beer or something."

He definitely notices his Mom and boyfriend's drinking habit lol

And why the fuck does Farrah give Sophia so much money for losing a fucking tooth! Is she buying her love? Not like I have high hopes for her anyway, but this just cements the fact that Soph will grow up expecting everything to be handed to her.

Edited by Madison Bumgarner
  • Love 11

First of all, did Bentley open the fridge and say "I need a beer or something!"

And Maci acts overwhelmed now, wait till her baby comes.

I get that Ryan sucks, but who doesn't text their kid's father when he's having surgery? Weird.

Farrah's family is AWFUL. The tooth fairy money is tacky, and did Sophia say "MARRY SIMON and make it look like Daddy Derek's face"

AND DEB SAID DOGS DO NOT HAVE SOULS.

WTF why is Farrah's dad texting Simon? I don't understand anything.

I feel sorry for Sophia. When she was saying "you have to put perfume on the rise so it smells good", I felt a pang of something.

• Love 12

Debra thinks "doggies don't have souls." I think her daughter doesn't have a soul.

Sophia whining about wanting Farrah to marry Simon "and give him Daddy Derek's face"... She's annoying, but she's parroting thoughts that were planted in her head.

Fuck Amber. She asks Leah if she wants to go to Florida, and talks about the trip in front of Leah to her mother and brother before she even talks to Gary. I'm glad she only sees Leah every other weekend and on Wednesdays! She's a shitty parent.

Tyler keeps dragging family members to his therapist so he can push his agenda. He always finds a way to make it about him.

After Butch talked about his mom not being there, Tyler says, "Now you know how bad I had it!" And the therapist disagrees and says that having an absent mother at that age is actually worse. Heh.

Question: Has anyone seen Tyler express empathy? (serious question)

• Love 13

Tyler really didn't appreciate Butch overshadowing his second attempt at delivering his suicide failure story. The last try to tell the story fell flat and Tyler was going to to have his tale heard by golly. But wouldn't yaknow it, here comes Butch with a story of being abused as a child.

Foiled again! Tyler could barely eek out a There There for the man.

We don't believe your bullshit saga Tyler. Give it up.

• Love 15

Ryan is 100 percent using hard drugs.

I'm so annoyed that Taylor threw out the idea of hiring a nanny. WTF, really? You get followed around with a camera a few days a week (if that). You're not exactly pulling 60 hour weeks. One of the kids is in school most of the time. Get real.

All dogs go to heaven, Debra! You crazy fruitcake.

Sullen/in pain Bentley looks so much like his daddy.

Overall, the editors were SAVAGE this week with their little close ups and general footage. Whole lotta crazy. Next week promises to be crazy. Was that guy on Farrah's lawn her bio dad, or did I misinterpret that preview?

• Love 5

Ryan is 100 percent using hard drugs.

I'm so annoyed that Taylor threw out the idea of hiring a nanny. WTF, really? You get followed around with a camera a few days a week (if that). You're not exactly pulling 60 hour weeks. One of the kids is in school most of the time. Get real.

All dogs go to heaven, Debra! You crazy fruitcake.

Sullen/in pain Bentley looks so much like his daddy.

Overall, the editors were SAVAGE this week with their little close ups and general footage. Whole lotta crazy. Next week promises to be crazy. Was that guy on Farrah's lawn her bio dad, or did I misinterpret that preview?

It's her producer

Did anyone else see Cate and Ty's bedroom door? Looked like they kept a prisoner in there, it's all scratched up around the door knob. Freaky.

• Love 4

Good grief. Maci's entire storyline is about how overwhelmed she is (lol) and how she needs to ask for help. In anyone else's life, that would be a 2 minute story.

I soooo don't care at all about Tyler/Catelynn/Butch's therapy sessions. I feel badly for them because I think they've all had it rough, it's just boring. I FF through all those.

Is Taylor ever NOT shown with a beer in his hand?

• Love 3

Holy hell Deb. Dogs don't have souls. Wtfyck

That was my biggest WTF of the episode. That is a weird ass explanation for why dogs don't get $1000 from the tooth fairy.

So what's Simon's story? Why does he keep coming back? He seems weird around the cameras so I don't see a famewhore in him but that has to be the reason. He cannot really want to hang out with these people.

The things Maci listed that were so overwhelming was pretty ridiculous. It's how the parenting thing goes sometimes. And again with this having to ask their partner for help. Why do these boys have to be held by the hand and guided into doing basic household and parenting duties? Or will only do them in exchange for blow jobs?

Amber sucks. She knows Gary is going to (rightly, IMO) say no to the Florida trip so she talks it up in front of Leah so that he becomes the bad guy. I hate how both of them put her in the middle of their issues. Leah is such a sweet, smart girl. I don't know how she is so well adjusted with those two as parents.

Again, I think Tyler's therapist is awful. I was lucky enough to have two wonderful and involved parents so I don't know what's worse to grow up without but I just thought it was strange that she kind of undercut Tyler's feelings about not having his dad around by saying Butch had it worse without his mom. I think Butch had it worse for other reasons combined with not having a mom but Tyler is her actual patient so she should have at least validated his feelings.

• Love 7

I swear each week I hate these assholes more and more. I usually reserve my hate for the adults on this show but Sophia grates my nerves. I wanted to snatch her up by her ratty hair and send her to her room when she was spying on grandma and Simon. I almost feel sorry for her because she is growing up in an insane asylum but I just can't take her creepy voice and her weird obsession with Simon.

Why the hell is Farrah dressed like she's hiding from the paparazzi in her own house? She had on those huge sunglasses and that ball cap like she's Casey Anthony in hiding.

Amber is a bitch for getting Leah's hopes up about going to Florida before talking to Gary first. It's like she knows that Gary is going to say no but she wants to make him look like the bad guy in front of Leah.

So Maci doesn't even have time to clean her house but she has time to go out for drinks with her friend. Nice to see that Taylor is helping out. I guess someone's got to drink those Bud lights sitting in the fridge. These two are going to be in a world of shit when baby three arrives. I guess they'll just get that nanny so all those kids don't interfere with their drinking time.

Edited by grumpypanda
  • Love 16

Wow so Taylor's answer to him helping more instead of hanging out and drinking beer is to ask maci if they can afford to pay people to help out ? Hahaha. She picked a winner. Tmoney is about right, all that guy sees is dollar signs when he looks at maci.

• Love 12

Two best lines of the night came from the kids:

Bentley - "I need a beer or something" while looking in the fridge. Guess he surrounded by so much drinking this seems a logical choice to him.

Sophia -  "I want you to marry Simon and put Daddy Derek's face on him."

I'm still trying to figure out what is so overwhelming in Maci's life. Many, many many women have 2 kids, a job, and manage to get the laundry done and keep the house pulled together without having a breakdown. Many do it as a single parent. She also has the advantage of having Bentley going to Mimi's house when it's Ryan's visitation weekends. That should give her some extra time to clean and do the laundry. But that would cut into her party time sooo................... Real classy of Maci to offer Taylor blow jobs in exchange for him doing the laundry. Nope. Wash your OWN clothes dude. I'm not whoring myself out because my boyfriend can't take responsibility for his own wash. Anyone know what "job" Maci is referring to? Where does she work and is it full time? Love the heck out of Bentley! I felt so bad for him having to have surgery, poor little guy :( Could Ryan be any more of a dick? What the hell? Doesn't even go to the hospital for his son's surgery?? I don't care if Maci didn't text him. HE could have taken it upon himself to text HER and get the details of what hospital and what time. He didn't even go over to Maci's house to visit Bentley, tell him good job for being such a brave boy, maybe bring him ice cream or a toy, after Bentley got home.

Simon is obviously a fame whore of such epic proportion he's willing to put up with Farrah, The Troll and her crazy-ass parents just to be on camera. I know it's not Sophia's fault she's such an annoying brat but damn I hate that kid! Her voice, her disrespect of adults, her ugly facial expressions, ugh! Oh, and Debra? Dogs do indeed have souls, unlike your bitch of a daughter and troll granddaughter who are soulless demons spawned by you. And what does having a soul have to do with the Tooth Fairy coming anyway? Ridiculous that Farrah gave Sophia $1000 for a tooth. Bet it was just for show, to show off how "successful" she is and she took back all but $20, haha! I doubt that even the truly rich 1% in this country give their kids $1000 for the Tooth Fairy.

Edited by happykitteh
  • Love 10

I get that Ryan sucks, but who doesn't text their kid's father when he's having surgery? Weird.

She did tell him he was having surgery but didn't text him the detail. Rather than Ryan texting back the day before surgery to ask when and where he just blew it off, hence his parent's disgust with him.

• Love 7

She did tell him he was having surgery but didn't text him the detail. Rather than Ryan texting back the day before surgery to ask when and where he just blew it off, hence his parent's disgust with him.

Thanks, I missed the part where she told him! I was distracted during this episode. He is a lazy chump, ugh.

I can't believe next week is already the season finale, wahhh. I hope Simon isn't really putting a ring on Troll Senior's finger like I thought I saw.

• Love 2

I hope Maci hires a nanny.  I hope Catelyn and Tyler hire a nanny.  I don't know about Farrah - it's hard to imagine a nanny staying with her and Sophia and not quitting immediately.   I hope all of the "parents" on the Teen mom franchises with the exception of Corey and Chelsea (and there might be others, I just can't think of any other good parents on these shows right now) hire full time, caring supportive nannies for their poor children.  With all the money they get from MTV, plus the fact that they mostly live in low cost locations where it would be quite affordable to hire a competent nanny, the real shame is that the kids are being dumped on recovering meth addicts to fend for themselves.  So far, almost none of the parents have demonstrated any real interest in finishing their education or supporting themselves, so perhaps the MTV money could be best utilized by paying for quality care for the children so at least they have some stability, encouragement and love.

Edited by kitkat343
  • Love 7

My mouth parted seeing that beer near Macy with the baby, and then dropped right the hell open when Bentley went looking for Gatorade and declared he "needed a beer, or something!" First thought: way to model life there, Macy and Tyler. Second thought:  Shady MTV, low key exposing Macy's drinking proclivities, especially with that lingering look at her frosty, delicious looking margarita.... ahem! But I digress.

Interesting this mother of two didn't notice any changes in her body or cycle for 3 months, since she got pregnant in August and this filming was around November 14th. Not buying it still.

Amber: Oy, these girls and these dogs, why??? As soon as I saw those puppies and that carpet I thought "yeah, they're gonna shit on it." But I didn't need to see it, MTV. But no problem - Oosky ate it! AGGHH!!!

Farrah: Simon knows damned well he doesn't care about Sophia. He couldn't have seemed less interested when interacting with her.

Tyler really didn't appreciate Butch overshadowing his second attempt at delivering his suicide failure story. The last try to tell the story fell flat and Tyler was going to to have his tale heard by golly. But wouldn't yaknow it, here comes Butch with a story of being abused as a child.
Foiled again! Tyler could barely eek out a There There for the man.

Hahaha, I thought the same thing. Not too subtle there, "Ty."

• Love 7

Deborah, dogs don't have souls but neither does your daughter!

Maybe I watch too many horror movies but Sophia just looks like she's a minute away from morphing into her true form and ripping someone's throat out!

Butch is 3 months out of jail and already has a lady friend, April remarried and I am sitting here single!

Jen and Larry are so over Ryan's bullshit, however, did anyone catch when Ryan said that he and Maci have communication issues because she wants to talk about more than just Bentley?

Edited by FlowerofCarnage
  • Love 14

I missed this episode because I have a life. HA HA HA HA I kill me. I was watching Better Call Saul. I did, however, watch about 10 minutes of previews for this episode and decided to not bother with it. One showed Debra telling Simon he was an abuser like Michael, with Sophia acting like a Banshee; Maci complaining to a friend that she was overwhelmed; Amber calling her brother with Leah sitting there; and one showed Butch discussing his abuse and abandonment by his mother. Did they explain what happened with her? Did she leave or pass away?

Other than that, it looks like I only missed Debra insulting dogs and Maci drinking. I will just read here. 

• Love 5

Was anyone else grossed by Simon sneezing into his hand - twice - and then slapping palms with Sofia? Guess he doesn't know one is supposed to sneeze into the crook of the arm to avoid spreading germs.

ETA: I was also pissed that Amber couldn't be bothered to spay her dog. More dogs added to the millions already in need of homes, smh. Guess she doesn't believe it necessary for pets to practice birth control either.

Edited by happykitteh
  • Love 8

Tyler totally lost interest in that counseling session once it became about Butch and not him. He went in with his suicide script and was pissed when he couldn't act it out. Ha-ha asshole.

We can add irresponsible pet owner to Amber's glowing list of accomplishments. It's less than a hundred dollars to spay a dog. Some places do it free a few times a year.

Bitch.

• Love 9

Was anyone else grossed by Simon sneezing into his hand - twice - and then slapping palms with Sofia? Guess he doesn't know one is supposed to sneeze into the crook of the arm to avoid spreading germs.

ETA: I was also pissed that Amber couldn't be bothered to spay her dog. More dogs added to the millions already in need of homes, smh. Guess she doesn't believe it necessary for pets to practice birth control either.

Yes!! I was screaming "crook of elbow!!"

Sofia sounded straight out of Appalachia with that "Stop messin' with my mama's boyfriend, Grandma."

• Love 4