Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E18: Honeymoon Is Over

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

That would require a trip to a hardware store or Home Depot.  I don't think either of them has seen the inside of one of those.

this is off-topic, forgive me.  Back in the early days of reality TV, there was less manufactured drama. Once, while watching Newlyweds (remember when Nick was married to Jessica?) I   looked at hubby and said, "you do realize what we're doing right now, right?  We are literally watching people go to Home Depot on TV." (maybe that explains the whole "manufactured-drama" movement.  I don't know...)

Edited by teapot
  • Love 7

Is this the first episode in which Farrah was dressed casually? She actually had on yoga pants/leggings in the house, yet with those huge sunglasses and baseball hat.

I think she was recovering from some sort of cosmetic surgery. The glasses, the sweats, mother staying longer than planned.

In the scene where Simon gives her the Rose, her new ass implants are painfully obvious.

Up thread someone wrote that they suspect Maci and T-(no)Money must be paid to wear those "88" jerseys. I agree. They're either Neo-Nazis who want to try to be subtle and cutesy about their love of Hilter or they're getting paid.

Also, I'm going to guess Taylor never did the laundry since Maci got pregnant. ;)

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 3
Up thread someone wrote that they suspect Maci and T-(no)Money must be paid to wear those "88" jerseys. I agree. They're either Neo-Nazis who want to try to be subtle and cutesy about their love of Hilter or they're getting paid.

LOL, I don't know that it has to be either. Lots of sports stars have #88 jerseys. Dale Earnhardt Jr. was #88 in Nascar, so that number has been all over a lot of non-neo nazi stuff for years now. I think Maci and Taylor are definitely sports fans. It's quite possible they're being asked to promote certain teams/players for whatever kind of compensation. But I do not think they are down low nazis or anything. 

• Love 1

Matt is a professional grifter. He knows better than to put his name on a lease. Amber was in that rental before Matt came to town with his garbage bags of clothes and records.

I bet he is on the lease and he wanted to be asap.  You don't have to wait for lease up time to add another household member to the lease as long as both parties agree.  If he was on the lease then it would give him rights as a tenant.  Amber wouldn't be able to just throw him out on a whim.  He also wouldn't necessarily be on the hook for the rent either since both would be jointly and severally liable and Amber is probably the better litigant to prosecute.  

• Love 4

I think another reason Butch wants to move out is probably because whenever Nova is at Catelynn & Tyler's, I bet they end up handing him the baby/trying to push off of some her care on him. And to be honest, I'm not how sure I'd be about living with my kids - or anyone - who had babies (unless my family member really needed my help) once I'm done raising my own (yeah, I know, Butch didn't actually raise his kids since was in & out of jail).

And yeah, Butch and his lady friend definitely hooked up in Tyler and Cate's house. I hope they washed the sheets when they got home just in case it was in their bed (ewww).

Based on the previews for next week, April is now all "I can't be around Butch!" but we've seen her around and interacting with Butch at C&T's home and at the wedding earlier in the season. What changed that she can't be around him for Nova's birthday party? Hmmm....

I generally find Tyler unsympathetic but as the child of an addict, I can relate to the whole parenting your parent thing. However, Tyler needs to realize he now has an actual child to parent. Focus even half the energy you're focusing on Butch on Nova and you, Catelynn, and Nova will all benefit.

Maci, if that laundry is really overwhelming you - take your TM money and take all your dirty laundry JUST THIS ONCE to a washateria with a wash, dry, and fold service. Then pick it up and immediately put it away. Then stay on top of your laundry. I do laundry almost every other day to stay on top of work clothes/pajamas/work out clothes/blankets/towels/etc for my family of three. You just have to stay on top of it if you don't want it to pile up. I bet if she even did laundry once or twice a week it wouldn't pile up like that. She did look exhausted in that scene where she was offering blow jobs for laundry (honestly, laundry sounds like less work..you just throw it in, add detergent, and press a button. Then throw it in the dryer.)

PS Maci.....You're tired and overwhelmed because you're in your first trimester of pregnancy. You've done this twice before....you didn't think anything of it?

ETA: Taylor's ass should be doing some of the laundry too. Heck, if he doesn't change diapers maybe he should be doing all the laundry since Maci always changes diapers.

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 2

Even if there was no Jayde or new baby on the way, why the fuck can't Taylor do laundry? None of these folks have real 9-5 jobs so everyone should be capable of pulling their own weight.

How did MTV find an entire squad with absolutely no real life skills?

• Love 3

I bet he is on the lease and he wanted to be asap. You don't have to wait for lease up time to add another household member to the lease as long as both parties agree. If he was on the lease then it would give him rights as a tenant. Amber wouldn't be able to just throw him out on a whim. He also wouldn't necessarily be on the hook for the rent either since both would be jointly and severally liable and Amber is probably the better litigant to prosecute.

Depending on each state, one can legally remain on a premises, lease or not. Here in my state, the police cannot force someone to leave if they have proof such as a bill or something that indicates they have been living at a specific place. Matt was invited to move in and there is footage that shows he lives with Amber. Amber can have a tantrum and tell him to get out of her house, but I bet a million dollars Matt knows he has the legal right to be in that home. I worked ten years ago at our local police station. The police often told citizens how it is not a police matter to want someone to leave. They are not trespassing. They would have to go through a process much like one evicting a tenant. Amber is screwed and I feel nothing about it.

Speaking of those two losers, who will watch the dogs when they head to Florida?

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 2

Ugh, whoever it was that commented that each episode is worse than the last is spot on. This show gets me so enraged I am glad it's almost over and am praying it doesn't return. The only thing keeping me from breaking my TV is coming here and reading these comments from others that feel my pain. How can these girls have actual fans anymore? Years ago I may have liked (or at least tolerated) them but now I honestly feel I the need to strangle every one of them when I see them on my screen.

Maci-pretty much agree with all that's been said. Gimme an f*ing break Maci, you are overwhelmed? You only have 2 kids, 1 of which goes to school full time and to his dad's part-time and the other who probably goes to daycare every day. Also what job is keeping you so busy? Selling shirts? Drinking mimosas? Try having 4 kids, with 3 of them in multiple sports year round and and a full time job, then you will see overwhelmed. And wtf with always feeding the baby on the couch or the bed, ever heard of a high chair? Did anyone else notice Jayde almost getting smothered because Maci was too busy eating and whining for the camera to pick up her baby. And Taylor is completely useless. I am sure Maci will be bitching about him someday not being a good dad just like she does Ryan (not that Ryan doesn't deserve it). Although Taylor tries to pretend he gives a crap, his actions don't seem to match what he says. I see more enthusiasm for the dogs (still not much) than Maci or his child.

Farrah-wth is wrong with Simon? Does he really care about her after he has seen the type of person she is? And her family-Sophia is a bratty, spoiled troll who will only get worse with age and Debra is as crazy as they come. The dog/tooth fairy comment and the constant Farrah worship (the conversation with Simon about how Farrah deserves the best made me want to vomit) just reinforced that. All the money and fame in the world aren't enough to get me to spend any length of time with that group.

Amber-is she so desperate for love she will put up with Matt having 7 (8?) kids and 15 dogs? Wth? That house probably stinks like animal urine and feces.

• Love 6

Farrah is a shit person but... she's the only one with a clean house. When Maci and Taylor were in their bedroom talking about laundry and blowjobs -- there were 8 or 9 empty water bottles on the nightstand along with other debris. Coke cans litter Cate and Tyler's house.

Farrah was also nice to the server in the restaurant during the Michael/Farrah scene.

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 4

I can't stand Farrah and I usually fast forward her parts of the show but wouldn't it be funny to see how would handle any of the teen mom boyfriends? She would not for one second come home to a pigsty with Taylor drinking beer in the middle of it. Tyler would not ever start his tantrums and get away with it. And she probably would have taken those custody papers and shoved them down matts throat, then kicked him out of the house.

• Love 10

With all the fuckery going on in these girls' (and families') lives, there was a lighter moment that I was cracking up over. It was when Butch was trying to figure out how to get to Craigslist and first he typed it into a search engine instead of as a URL, and then he got a pop up ad and was all, "oh, okay, just download this," and Tyler had to swoop in and grab the computer away before Butch could download that virus. It was just shades of me and MamaVandy whenever she tries to do anything other than Skype on her laptop (which I only bought her and set up for her so we could communicate easily since I live thousands of miles away). And when something unexpected happens with Skype, like a notification that it has an update waiting, I'm just grateful it's BrotherVandy who still lives at home and not me! Poor, poor brother.

But yeah, the rest of this episode? I got nuthin'. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed for the baby that Maci really did know about this latest pregnancy and was just pretending to drink alcohol all over social media to keep it a secret.

Matt is a professional grifter. He knows better than to put his name on a lease. Amber was in that rental before Matt came to town with his garbage bags of clothes and records.

Is this the same rental? I thought she moved between seasons of Teen Mom OG.

Now, I don't think there's any reason Maci and Taylor can't clean their house and do laundry, but hell, if they won't/don't want to, hire someone! I know all kinds of people, including a housewife ('cause all the kids were in school, so no SAHM anymore) who had someone come in once a week. In fact, once I started asking around, all kinds of friends came out the woodwork to "admit" they had someone come every other week or so and they loved it. I've never had anyone clean my home but me, but when I'm all done with some renovations that are on pause, I'm going to look into it. I don't clean my husband's room or bathroom, and they need a .. ahem ... stronger hand than he's giving them. And he's perfectly happy to pay someone because his time is more valuable. That's what the hell money is for, if you've got it, use it for what makes your life better. Pay someone to clean your house, you'll both be happier.

My dvr cut off when Tyler was recapping therapy for Cate - did I miss anything? Because I really don't want to have to watch the whole damn thing on demand.

Kind of - he was telling her all about it, and she was "uh huh, yeah" and going to town on those nails -- and Tyler called her out, LOL. He said he was basically spilling his guts, and she's barely listening and messing with her nails! How meta.

I have never been crazy about Ryan's parents. They are nice to Maci and great to Bentley, but his mother is entirely too Carol Brady for me. The vibe that I've always gotten from her is that she walks on eggshells around her baby boy. She always has this dumb smile on her face when admonishing him and tries so hard to be gentle in telling him that he's being a tool. The father speaks up more forcefully to Ryan but then seems to have a ::shrug:: what are ya gonna do attitude. 

I think there have been lots of fights about his lack of ambition and failure to properly care for Bentley over the years, that probably has led to some estrangement that Jen doesn't want to repeat, especially being an only child. Larry has gone in on Ryan hard in previous years, barely holding back for the camera. Now it's obvious whenever he's getting heated, Jen will step in - this episode you clearly see her put her hand on his, before Larry gives up during the "communicate" conversation.

FARRAH - I'm sure some of you agree with what I'm about to type but Farrah is one of the most annoying, hard to watch, hard to listen to (what's with all the dumb baby talk) - selfish people I have ever had the DISPLEASURE of watching on television. She reminds me of that New York chick from Flavor of Love with her fakeness, and the way she treats her deranged mother and somewhat loving father is deplorable.

Ha! You probably missed my previous post where I wished the two of them could be on the same show. Two enter, only one exits, lol.

Farrah is a shit person but... she's the only one with a clean house. When Maci and Taylor were in their bedroom talking about laundry and blowjobs -- there were 8 or 9 empty water bottles on the nightstand along with other debris. Coke cans litter Cate and Tyler's house.

Because Farrah is smart enough to hire help. Not a chance in hell she cleans her own house.

• Love 10

LOL, I don't know that it has to be either. Lots of sports stars have #88 jerseys. Dale Earnhardt Jr. was #88 in Nascar, so that number has been all over a lot of non-neo nazi stuff for years now. I think Maci and Taylor are definitely sports fans. It's quite possible they're being asked to promote certain teams/players for whatever kind of compensation. But I do not think they are down low nazis or anything.

I tried to find the original post about this but didn't see it, so apologies if I'm repeating info. That jersey is a Dallas Cowboys jersey, 88 is currently a big whiny baby named Dez Bryant and was formerly worn by a different big whiny baby named Michael Irvin. (Sarcasm aside, I am surprised they didn't retire the number after Irvin). So, I doubt anyone is paying them to wear the jersey. Maybe he's just trying to cement his love for big whiny babies, like Maci?

• Love 4
I can't stand Farrah and I usually fast forward her parts of the show but wouldn't it be funny to see how would handle any of the teen mom boyfriends? She would not for one second come home to a pigsty with Taylor drinking beer in the middle of it. Tyler would not ever start his tantrums and get away with it. And she probably would have taken those custody papers and shoved them down matts throat, then kicked him out of the house.

I agree that Farrah would put up with less, but I think she is just as desperate for a man as the rest of the cast.  She just can not control the horror that is her personality for very long.

Farrah-wth is wrong with Simon? Does he really care about her after he has seen the type of person she is? And her family-Sophia is a bratty, spoiled troll who will only get worse with age and Debra is as crazy as they come. The dog/tooth fairy comment and the constant Farrah worship (the conversation with Simon about how Farrah deserves the best made me want to vomit) just reinforced that. All the money and fame in the world aren't enough to get me to spend any length of time with that group.

If you look at Simon's thread, he is no better then a Taylor (though still better then Matt).  He seems to not have the greatest professional reputation and being a reality star would mean easy money for him.

I think off screen, there is some pressure for him to marry Farrah so she can have new story lines.  We could see bridezilla Farrah and Sophia could be the scariest little flower girl this side of the exorcist (she does look a little like Annabelle, the doll from the Conjuring and Annabelle movies).

They have hit a wall to what they can do with Farrah, besides show her many delusional tantrums.

I really hope this show is not renewed.  Does anyone know anything about the ratings for this season?

• Love 1

I'm going to come clean and admit that despite having a PhD in philosophy from an excellent school, Farrah is my favourite Teen Mom. I just can't get enough of her crazy. Catelynn and Tyler are boring. Maci is boring. Amber is mainly boring. But Farrah is insane and extremely entertaining. *hangs head in shame*

• Love 5

Now, I don't think there's any reason Maci and Taylor can't clean their house and do laundry, but hell, if they won't/don't want to, hire someone! I know all kinds of people, including a housewife ('cause all the kids were in school, so no SAHM anymore) who had someone come in once a week. In fact, once I started asking around, all kinds of friends came out the woodwork to "admit" they had someone come every other week or so and they loved it. I've never had anyone clean my home but me, but when I'm all done with some renovations that are on pause, I'm going to look into it. I don't clean my husband's room or bathroom, and they need a .. ahem ... stronger hand than he's giving them. And he's perfectly happy to pay someone because his time is more valuable. That's what the hell money is for, if you've got it, use it for what makes your life better. Pay someone to clean your house, you'll both be happier.

Kind of - he was telling her all about it, and she was "uh huh, yeah" and going to town on those nails -- and Tyler called her out, LOL. He said he was basically spilling his guts, and she's barely listening and messing with her nails! How meta.

I think there have been lots of fights about his lack of ambition and failure to properly care for Bentley over the years, that probably has led to some estrangement that Jen doesn't want to repeat, especially being an only child. Larry has gone in on Ryan hard in previous years, barely holding back for the camera. Now it's obvious whenever he's getting heated, Jen will step in - this episode you clearly see her put her hand on his, before Larry gives up during the "communicate" conversation.

Ha! You probably missed my previous post where I wished the two of them could be on the same show. Two enter, only one exits, lol.

Because Farrah is smart enough to hire help. Not a chance in hell she cleans her own house.

NY is on Celebrity BB UK this season. They just missed each other (sob)

• Love 3

It's funny to me that whenever there's not much of a storyline going on, they resort to the old "I'm sooo overwhelmed" shtick. That was a big part of Leah Messer's life and now it's Maci's since apparently nothing much else seems to be going on. Well, Maci I have news for ya: if you're overwhelmed with daily housework and raising two kids, wait till you have a third kid! And that suggestion of Taylot's was almost right. Maci could use a cleaning service, not a nanny. Plus how hard is it for him to throw in a load of laundry? On a side note, imagine if Maci and Ryan had gotten married and had more kids. He wouldn't have done a thing, it would be all on her!

• Love 1

So speaking of the editors showing things to make them look bad, I thought it was funny that they showed Nova sleeping on her tummy on top of some blankets. I just had a baby and was constantly told not to put her to sleep on her tummy and not to have loose blankets in her crib to cut down on suffocation/SIDS risks. Now I know some people do it anyway and I am not judging but I kind of felt like that shot was put in there to make them look bad, like the shot of Maci's drink, etc.

Nova was almost a year old at the time of filming (I only know this because my daughter is a week older than her) so it's fine for her to be on her stomach.  I agree with the producer shade this episode tho, I thought it was hilarious. Especially "creigs list."  HA HA. 

Also?  WHAT THE FUCK IS UP WITH DEBORAH'S WARDROBE?   I can't.  Every outfit is better than the last.  That woman is certifiable.

• Love 3
Farrah was also nice to the server in the restaurant during the Michael/Farrah scene.

I'm sure there's plenty of times when she's downright nasty to her servers. Make one mistake, she'll cut you! This is the woman who forces the people who made her rich to pee outside her house in a box. She's heinous. I think she knows how to act polite when the cameras are rolling, but it doesn't take much to make her revert to her natural state - screeching banshee. 

I agree that Farrah would put up with less, but I think she is just as desperate for a man as the rest of the cast.  She just can not control the horror that is her personality for very long.

It's like extremes with these girls. Maci, Cate, and Amber will put up with users, emotional and dog abusers, lazy fucking bums, narcissists, etc. But Farrah will tolerate nothing! No normal, human flaws are allowed. She wants a Stepford man who kisses her ass continually. We need to find some middle ground here, people!

• Love 6

After this episode and last weeks episode I think Ryan avoids Bentley because he doesn't like Bentley. Truly, I think he just doesn't like the kid very much. Bentley seems more like Maci both in looks and temperament and since his son isn't a clone of dumb ass Ryan, he won't bother to get to know him. Because Ryan is a piece of shit and I am so over pretending it's anyone's fault but his.

I feel like there have been a ton of excuses for Ryan over the years. "Some men don't like babies", "He hates being around Maci", "he doesn't like the cameras." Whatever. It's 7 years later and he's a grown man who can't be bothered to follow up when told his son is having surgery. The ONLY reason that he isn't a complete dead-beat dad like Mike is that his parents do everything for him and let him live at home for free. If Ryan had to do any of the heavy lifting of parenting himself he would have walked out on Bentley years ago. And as annoying as Maci is, she is in a total no-win with Ryan. To get him to do anything he has to be nagged within an inch of his life. If she does that she's a controlling bitch who's still hung up on him. If she doesn't hold his hand through every fucking thing then Ryan just flakes and its Maci's fault for not reminding him enough. I don't like Maci, but Ryan and the sexist double standard he's been riding can both go fuck themselves.

• Love 19

I think off screen, there is some pessure for him to marry Farrah so she can have new story lines.  We could see bridezilla Farrah and Sophia could be the scariest little flower girl this side of the exorcist (she does look a little like Annabelle, the doll from the Conjuring and Annabelle movies).

I NEED to see Farrah on "Say Yes to the Dress" right away!!!  What a gong show that would be!  She'd berate her sales associate, the store manager, and nice guy Randy Fenoli, before picking out a $25,000 Pnina Tornai "stripper fairy" dress because it's HER day. Michael and Debra would surprise her by offering to pay for the dress after she bitches at them during the entire appointment and for crying when they see her in a wedding gown for the first time.  Farrah would roll her eyes at Michael's weeping, I'm sure.  But, at the end, they will tell her, "anything for our baby!"   Awkward hugs, fake smiles, and ugly crying all around.  Sophia would be there, too, and she would insult and yell at the sales associate and tell the store manager that all the dresses at Kleinfeld's are ugly.

• Love 7

After this episode and last weeks episode I think Ryan avoids Bentley because he doesn't like Bentley. Truly, I think he just doesn't like the kid very much. Bentley seems more like Maci both in looks and temperament and since his son isn't a clone of dumb ass Ryan, he won't bother to get to know him. Because Ryan is a piece of shit and I am so over pretending it's anyone's fault but his.

I feel like there have been a ton of excuses for Ryan over the years. "Some men don't like babies", "He hates being around Maci", "he doesn't like the cameras." Whatever. It's 7 years later and he's a grown man who can't be bothered to follow up when told his son is having surgery. The ONLY reason that he isn't a complete dead-beat dad like Mike is that his parents do everything for him and let him live at home for free. If Ryan had to do any of the heavy lifting of parenting himself he would have walked out on Bentley years ago. And as annoying as Maci is, she is in a total no-win with Ryan. To get him to do anything he has to be nagged within an inch of his life. If she does that she's a controlling bitch who's still hung up on him. If she doesn't hold his hand through every fucking thing then Ryan just flakes and its Maci's fault for not reminding him enough. I don't like Maci, but Ryan and the sexist double standard he's been riding can both go fuck themselves.

Well said. Maci would have to walk on eggshells and never voice frustration and every word out of her mouth would have to be carefully calculated and for all that effort 100% of the time, Ryan might improve like 5%. He sucks.

Well said. Maci would have to walk on eggshells and never voice frustration and every word out of her mouth would have to be carefully calculated and for all that effort 100% of the time, Ryan might improve like 5%. He sucks.

And honest to god, why should Maci have to do anything to get Ryan involved? I'm serious. Ryan is 28 years old and he and Maci haven't been a couple for something like 5 years. How does Maci have any obligation to that cud chewing mother fucker? Your son had strep 6 times in a year, TAKE HIM TO THE FUCKING DOCTOR! Maci did, even though she's "overwhelmed"(btw, shut up Maci. Your life is not busy). Nobody texted her when to be at the hospital because she was at the damn doctors appointment! In real grown up life there are lots of situations where one one tells you to be there, you just have to take some initiative and be the adult and show up. Fucking shit. I'm going to be 40 soon and if I told my dad I was having surgery he would sure as shit follow up to find out when and then be there whether anyone told him to or not. Because he is a responsible parent who was only 3 years older than Ryan was when he had his first kid. Ryan just sucks. He's not going to grow out of it. It's who he is.

• Love 11

I NEED to see Farrah on "Say Yes to the Dress" right away!!! What a gong show that would be! She'd berate her sales associate, the store manager, and nice guy Randy Fenoli, before picking out a $25,000 Pnina Tornai "stripper fairy" dress because it's HER day. Michael and Debra would surprise her by offering to pay for the dress after she bitches at them during the entire appointment and for crying when they see her in a wedding gown for the first time. Farrah would roll her eyes at Michael's weeping, I'm sure. But, at the end, they will tell her, "anything for our baby!" Awkward hugs, fake smiles, and ugly crying all around. Sophia would be there, too, and she would insult and yell at the sales associate and tell the store manager that all the dresses at Kleinfeld's are ugly.

Sofia wants to make sure she doesn't look fat in her maid of honor dress.
  • Love 5

Perhaps you are right.  It makes me sad, because Bentley deserves so much more in a father.  I remember when Ryan threw the pumpkin guts in Bentley's face...I was a little shocked.  I know I they were playing around, but Bentley said they grossed him out and Ryan did it to be mean (like to bully a little brother you do not like very much).

At least Bentley has other people to love him, unlike poor Leah.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 1

Do we know forsure that Maci even told Ryan about the surgery?

We know that his parents knew, so they would have told him.  We aren't certain what communication took place, but it was clear from Ryan's discussion with his parents that they all knew about it, and the parents wondered why Ryan didn't go.  That tells me he knew, and could have easily asked -- what is a good time to go to see my son at the hospital for the surgery?

• Love 4

I'm pretty sure she did. He knew about. His parents knew about it. I think his "no one texted me or called me" comment was about when they actually got to the hospital. I think Ryan believes he needs a formal invitation to show up, and even then it's about 10% likely that he will. I've seen no evidence of Maci being the type to not tell Ryan when and where the kid is having surgery. She's always told him about birthday parties, first day of school, etc. He just chooses not to show up. 

• Love 5

Was Bentley sick when he was sitting on the couch and Maci made him taste Jayde's baby food? He sounded kind of hoarse and I was wondering if he currently had strep then. It bugged me because babies get sick very easily and Maci let Bentley taste the food and then she stuck the spoon back in the baby food container  and probably continued to feed Jayde. Yuck.  Maci and Caitlyn both seem very detached to toward their daughters. Like they are props. Hell Butch showed more excitement and affection toward Nova than Caitlyn did after not seeing her for a week. Caitlyn and Tyler despise anything that involves responsibility or work so poor Nova is neglected. Even last week when they said goodbye to Nova they seemed like they were her aunt and uncle or families friends that barely knew her. They didn't even take her out of the stroller. She glanced at them like she wasn't sure who they even were!!! Lol.   When my daughter was five months old I came down with the stomach flu and was too weak to take care of her. I had never spent a night without her and my parents took her for the night because I was so sick. I remember saying goodbye to her and I just held her so tight and bawled my eyes out because I was so worried about her and I literally did not know what to do without her there. It was actual physical pain to be separated from her. And my parents certainly are not recovering addicts so It wasn't the fear that something might happen to her it was just that my daughter wasn't with me, that I couldn't hold her, put  her to bed, snuggle with her, keep her safe etc.  I got over it but that first time was gut wrenching. She is four years old now and I can't imagine being away from her (or her brother) for an entire week! So I really don't  understand how anyone especially someone who has grieved the loss of giving up their adopted daughter, can be so cold and detached toward their  own baby.

Amber is a POS. Even her mom knew it was wrong to talk about going to Florida in front of Leah before she had Gary's permission to go. Shitty parents who don't have custody of their kids do this all the time. Why in the world should Gary let Leah miss Christmas with her own family (him, Emilee and her stepmom who is basically raising her) to spend a week in Florida with her egg donor and skeevy Matt?  Couldn't she wait til summer vacation to ask to take Leah away for a week? What a selfish cow. She deserves everything Matt does to her.

Farrah I won't even comment on. That whole family makes my head hurt. I'm probably going to hell for asking this but is there something mentally wrong with Sophia? As in is she developmentally disabled or something? She just talks so strangely but I realize that could be because everyone around her speaks in baby talk 24/7. She just seems not right.

• Love 3

How butch get a job and Caitlynn / Tyler cant?

Duh, Tyler is a writer and Cate is a stay at home mom. Those tweets aren't going to post themselves and Nova can't drive herself to Grandma April's yet, so they are both very busy.

• Love 14

*Stands up and claps* You betta preach! Especially at the last sentence. You ain't never lied. I have been watching this show since day one. I have been watching Ryan and Maci since 16 and pregnant, and year after year it's the same b.s. -- people making every excuse under the sun for Ryan. He's a piece of shit and has always been. He has not changed. It's always sickened me to watch people bend over backwards (and women at that, ugh) defending this prick. And why? Because he WAS once physically attractive? There is nothing attractive about Ryan. Sexy men raise their damn kids. Talk about NO standards. I'm sorry, we need to stop rewarding men merely taking the time to look in their kids' general direction and calling them great dads for acknowledging they exist or watching them for a few hours, while bashing women for working outside the home, and/or spending a few hours or even *gasp* taking a vacation from their kids a few days out of the year.

*mic drop*

Edited by admiralrodcocker
  • Love 7

Ryan knew. Even if Maci wasn't the one to tell him (again, NOT HER RESPONSIBILITY! Ryan can do the work of being involved if he wants to.) someone did because he knew exactly what his parents were talking about when they asked if he went to see Bentley. I took from the conversation that someone told him that Bentley had to have his tonsils out and then Ryan sat on the couch staring into space waiting for someone to tell him when and where, and pick him up and drive him over, and tell him to bring a present, and remind him to be nice to Bentley while Ryan complained that everyone always nags him.

I just don't get the way Ryan's own behavior is never his fault. Not that that's what you were trying to say with your question. But from Dr Drew on down everyone has always treated him with kid gloves and I don't get it. As I stated in another post, my parents were only 23 when they had their first child and no one acted like they just needed a decade or so to adjust to parenthood before they actually did anything. And I really don't get why Maci is supposed to be making fatherhood easier for him. It's not easy and it's not Maci's job to pretend it is so that Ryan won't get upset. I don't (and never have) gotten the whole thing with him.

• Love 4

I always thought a lot of the men on the show get away with a lot, because the audience probably consists of young girls with poor judgement (not that all young girls have bad judgement).  I heard that Tyler has tons of females on his Facebook wanting to sleep with him.

I am guessing these same people think Ryan is dreamy.

Also, Dr. Drew is a stupid idiot who never holds anyone accountable for anything.

• Love 6

I always thought a lot of the men on the show get away with a lot, because the audience probably consists of young girls with poor judgement (not that all young girls have bad judgement). I heard that Tyler has tons of females on his Facebook wanting to sleep with him.

I am guessing these same people think Ryan is dreamy.

Also, Dr. Drew is a stupid idiot who never holds anyone accountable for anything.

I agree. I think the editing and the general discussion around the show can take on a weirdly sexist undertone. The guys are practically canonized if they manage to do even the bare minimum of parenting (or babysitting or helping out. SMH!) with their kids while the girls have every fucking thing they do picked over for mommy flaws. Not that most of these girls are t shitty parents, but lord.

• Love 3

I agree. I think the editing and the general discussion around the show can take on a weirdly sexist undertone. The guys are practically canonized if they manage to do even the bare minimum of parenting (or babysitting or helping out. SMH!) with their kids while the girls have every fucking thing they do picked over for mommy flaws. Not that most of these girls are t shitty parents, but lord.

I agree sort of, but sadly don't think it's limited to this show. There are plenty of times in my personal life when I have heard a man (who is a gainfully employed, educated adult) use the phrase "babysitting" or "helping" to describe times they spend with their own kids without the moms or chores they do relating to their kids (such as laundry, washing bottles, homework supervision, etc). It is as though having a vagina means you are the default caregiver and any work the man chooses (not has to do, chooses to do) is merely helping his wife or girlfriend out, and she should regard him folding their children's laundry or staying in with them so mom can go out as a personal favor to her (for which she should repay down the road). Of course, when she folds the laundry or stays home with the kids while Dad goes out, she's merely just doing what she should be doing and deserves no special accolades.

I don't know why that is, but it drives me batshit. I'm not "helping" my boss by doing my job duties.  I'm not "helping" my kids by feeding them or putting a roof over their heads. I'm not "helping" other drivers when I stop at a red light instead of cruising through it because I'm late. I'm doing what I signed on to do when I took this job, when I decided to become a parent, when I got my license to drive. Yet even in 2016, there are plenty of men who feel any work they do towards parenting is not their actual job, just something they do when their partner needs "help".

I realize not all men or even a majority are like this, but they are out there, outside of Teen Mom and Teen Mom 2, and they have plenty of enablers.

• Love 11

Is this the same rental? I thought she moved between seasons of Teen Mom OG.

Yea they moved, I think it was an early episode this half where they mentioned it.

It does seem like all the homes in that town look the same, which is possible.  They're probably just moving around to different cookie cutter developments.

• Love 1
gree sort of, but sadly don't think it's limited to this show. There are plenty of times in my personal life when I have heard a man (who is a gainfully employed, educated adult) use the phrase "babysitting" or "helping" to describe times they spend with their own kids without the moms or chores they do relating to their kids (such as laundry, washing bottles, homework supervision, etc). It is as though having a vagina means you are the default caregiver and any work the man chooses (not has to do, chooses to do) is merely helping his wife or girlfriend out, and she should regard him folding their children's laundry or staying in with them so mom can go out as a personal favor to her (for which she should repay down the road). Of course, when she folds the laundry or stays home with the kids while Dad goes out, she's merely just doing what she should be doing and deserves no special accolades

The funny thing is that these type of rules developed because traditionally the men were the only ones to work outside of the home.  Since, the men held the purse strings, they had all the power and women had to be subservient to their needs.

In 2016, most of the girls on this show actually earn all or most of the money in the household.  We would have never seen Tyler again, if Cate had dumped him after putting Carly up for adoption and tried to expand her horizons (ha ha).

Instead, we have a bunch of pathetic women desperate to hold on to their totally useless mates.

The only one who actually does housework and child care is Matt and he is only doing it to con Amber out of all her money.  It benefits Matt if Amber spends all day sleeping, while he take care of Leah.  This way he can more easily take control of her life.

• Love 3

The funny thing is that these type of rules developed because traditionally the men were the only ones to work outside of the home. Since, the men held the purse strings, they had all the power and women had to be subservient to their needs.

In 2016, most of the girls on this show actually earn all or most of the money in the household. We would have never seen Tyler again, if Cate had dumped him after putting Carly up for adoption and tried to expand her horizons (ha ha).

Instead, we have a bunch of pathetic women desperate to hold on to their totally useless mates.

The only one who actually does housework and child care is Matt and he is only doing it to con Amber out of all her money. It benefits Matt if Amber spends all day sleeping, while he take care of Leah. This way he can more easily take control of her life.

I'd put Gary in there too. I have many, many issues with Gary, but I do think he takes care of Leah and has more or less always been the parent.

• Love 7