Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E13: Jamaican Beef Catty

• Start Topic

Is no one else annoyed that a bunch of grown ass women are arguing and having serious discussions over who is whose BFF and bestie? That was my main thought as I watched.

The bff fight and "who gets to sit in a middle debate" on another RH show makes me think that Andy Cohen is starting to pull story lines from a grade school playground.

Can anyone tell me how Sheree produced such beautiful children with Bob?  I mean their son is so good looking, that if I was Bob, I would want a paternity test.

Anyway, it was nice to seem them happy and together.  It was hilarious that when Phae said that the vacation was so full of surprises that she was expecting Apollo to come through the door any minute.

• Love 19

Cynthia has always had a arrested sense of what adult friendship is.  Contracts anyone?  I think she put herself in Kenya's camp for a couple of reasons.  First I think like a tween, she thought that being friends with Kenya would give Nene a good jab.  But she miscalculated.  Because I think she want it to push Nene into being all hurt and remorseful and come to Cynthia and beg to have the old friendship back.  That did not happen.  Nene is a once and done in terms of misdeeds.  Unless her wrongs are forced down her throat and she wants the person she wronged to give her as many chances as she wants.

I also suspect Peter saw Kenya as a force that with some support was strong enough to take Nene down.  Or at least out.  He likely saw Kenya as a driving force on the show.  As well he might have thought Nene might actually make something of her flash-in-the-pan pop culture popularity in regular scripted programming and see her move on to richer television pastures.  And Kenya is a mean nasty person so it might be better to jump ship if it turned into an all out Kenya versus Nene battle.  If Nene leaves?  Cynthia better already be friends with Kenya.

Another small thing is that Cynthia really does rest herself on her looks.  It is a bit sad and yet typical of people, mostly women, who model as a career.  It is hard not to I suspect.  But Cynthia seemed enamored almost by the whole pretty girls club that Kenya and Claudia pushed.  Again Cynthia really seems emotionally stunted and immature in that regard.  So it validated her even if in a small way that she belonged to the 'pretty' clique in her BFF war. 

But I don't think Cynthia likes or ever really liked the person that Kenya is.  Kenya sucks the air out of every room she enters.  She is needy and mean and she spent her first season underscoring every flaw that she saw or pretended to see in Cynthia's professional life.  Kenya has her own achievements.  But she also has some huge issues in terms of insecurity and jealousy.  I think Cynthia being a model is something that gets under Kenya's skin a bit.  Beauty queens and models have a long standing divide when they don't meet.  Plus I think Kenya just wants to be the prettiest person in the room.  Cynthia and even Kim underscores that.  Claudia got up Kenya's ass and let herself be put in the role as Skipper to Kenya's Barbie.  And I think that helped ease the showmance between Kenya and Cynthia.  There was CLaudia to pay court to Kenya.  Cynthia is also kind of lazy after all.  She wants to put in the least. 

Now she has Kim in the mix.  Again Kenya is jealous.  Again Cynthia is attracted to someone new wanting to be her friend.  Someone who is a question on Jeopardy and Trivial Pursuit.  Someone she likely has had as a part of her own pop culture upbringing.  Cynthia paints small pictures and Kim is the small free box of crayons that a restaurant hands out to small children with their coloring book placemat.  And she never really wanted to be friends with Kenya.  Just not enemies.  And just the friends enough that she can sit to the side and laugh at the others Kenya goes after as she pees just a little every time Kenya turns her way in fear she will get the same treatment she got that first season.  This time without any Nene to fall back on.  Don't get me wrong.  Nene if foul.  But Nene had a gravitational pull that kept Kenya from ever really going after anyone else full bore. 

So Cynthia now is trying not to incur the wrath but also blithely go her own way.  In normal life that would be fine.  But Kenya wants this show.  She needs this show.  And no way is she going to let anyone else get her own narrative that Kenya can't somehow define to her own benefit.  She has done it with all them to some degree.  She got Porsha to step out on thin ice in a way that let Kenya cry victim.  She has kept Phaedra on the wrong foot, hitting some serious narrow minded attitude and striking a deep sharp chord of hypocrisy; letting that cloud the fact that she pretty much lied her way through her first season and then went all nasty when Walter shrugged and decided a camera wasn't worth playing pretend. 

I suspect Kenya is ramping the outrage a bit.  But I also suspect that some of the anger is very real as an incredibly fake celebutant sees her own role get smaller and smaller.  She has spent season after season crafting some half truth into a legend in her own mind.  And had someone on the show willing to play in one way or another.  Cynthia probably decided in part that she wants drama to swirl around her without actually having to do any work or even get that involved once she dropped a lite match near the gunpowder.  She also probably simply doesn't want to engage Kenya.  She is afraid of her and knows she is out of her league with her.  Kenya though I suspect probably is second and triple guessing because that is what she would do.  She would play this for what she thought was the best move career wise as a Real Housewife.  So maybe she is frantically and pettily worried whether it is a 'show' move.  I doubt she gives a rat's ass about Cynthia being loyal so much as worried will the show keep filming her if she has no one to film with in those one-on-one meetings that hold the show together.

• Love 12

Even if Kenya thought she would naturally have the job because she's Cynthia's friend, Kenya still should have contacted Cynthia before the trip. The reason I say this is because Kenya's professional experience was going to be on display. Kenya should have wanted to know the logistics of the shoot. Kenya doesn't have nearly the experience that Kim does, but she's no naif. She's been in the industry for 20 years and she known full damn well the amount of work that it takes to produce and direct anything. She assumed that Kim was going to do the bulk of the work and she, Kenya, could ride her coattails to a successful product.

Cynthia owed Kenya a call before the trip to Jamaica as her friend only. Cynthia should have called Kenya to spare her friend the humiliation of having to hear about it some other way and in front of people. But as the boss and client, Cynthia didn't need to contact her. If I'm the client and you can't even show for my meeting and I have to track you down by phone, you should assume that you're not even in the running anymore.

I feel like Cynthia has been trying to distance herself from being identified as Kenya's BFF all season. The fight on the boat started because the women were telling Cynthia to calm her best friend down. Cynthia clearly did not appreciate being called Kenya's best friend. On this, I don't feel like she's flip flopped. They are friends, but at no point has Cynthia considered Kenya her best friend.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 15

Sheree- stop running around stirring the pot. I know the producers are telling you to do it but, please. How demeaning for her to have to do that. 

Nene- you have the money to get stylists. Go get the best and if you do have people already, fire them and get new ones.  Hair, makeup, clothing, all of it. 

Cynthia-ditch those awful blonde wigs with the dark roots. The talking head of her dressed in black with the black weave/wig whatever, she never looked more gorgeous. Woman is beautiful, just stay true to your natural color. Good thing she still has her looks cause there is not a brain in her head. 

Kim- so tired of all the Tootie references. Her Regine role in Living Single was everything and more. 

Kenya- poor, pathetic soul. You alienate everything you touch. That scene with her pulling out Kim's chair and clapping was the most embarrassing thing I have ever seen. 

• Love 13

I hate to talk about anyone's looks, it's just not something I do.... But, I hate Cynthia's hair! I know kim's and Nene's hair is not great. Cynthia's is just awful. She is a beautiful woman but that hair looks scraggly.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 3

The fight on the boat make much more sense now.  Cynthia was angry at being called Kenya's best friend because she is hoping for Nene to come back.  Right or wrong...Cynthia loves her some Nene.

Cynthia-ditch those awful blonde wigs with the dark roots. The talking head of her dressed in black with the black weave/wig whatever, she never looked more gorgeous. Woman is beautiful, just stay true to your natural color. Good thing she still has her looks cause there is not a brain in her head.

I hate to talk about anyone's looks, it's just not something I do.... But, I hate Cynthia's hair! I know kim's and Nene's hair is not great. Cynthia's is just awful. She is a beautiful woman but that hair looks scraggly.

I agree that all Cynthia needs to do is let go of those terrible wigs and she will be back to her drop dead gorgeous stunning self...though with a couple more pounds on her then her modeling day, but nothing wrong with that.

Kim Field's also needs to work on her hair, but her face is amazing.  I mean this woman was doing Mrs. Butterworth commercials in the seventies and she still has an adorable youthful glow to her.  She looks much younger and fresher then Kenya and this is without getting any work done.

• Love 11

I have a girlfriend who does this shit.  She'll call and invite me out for drinks and show up with her 7yr old.  Now the tone of the night has completely changed. Now I can't cuss?  Now I can't talk about what freaky shit me and the mister got into? 

I would have been completely annoyed if I turned around and saw a flock of brats piling on the bus for what was sold to me as a couples trip.  I don't want to have to tone down my behavior for your kids.  That's what Disneyland is for.  As inappropriate as these ladies can be, I'm surprised Kim didn't have the bus pull over on the side of the road while she dragged her kids off as she clutched her pearls.

I agree. Not quite the same, but before she had kids, my best friend would sometimes make plans for brunch or drinks or whatever and bring along her now-husband. And her husband is great and I like him a lot, but there's stuff I'll talk about with her that I won't talk about with him. So if I was planning to get deep or talk about the sex I just had, I'd have to change my course of action. That comes up less now because she lives far away and when I visit, her husband is really great about giving us some alone time, but when we were all in the same city I'd sometimes find myself like "Oh, hey [Husband]" and switch out my conversation topics.

I like kids and Kim's sons seem sweet (the oldest one is very polite) but I would be really irked if I had to deal with kids on what was billed as a grown folks couples trip. It changes the tone. As Phaedra pointed out, if she can hire a sitter to come along, why can't the sitter sit at home?

Porsha and Phaedra looked like they were having a lot of fun sitting on the beach gossiping. They're clearly just there for a free vacation, and why not? And I cracked up at Porsha's comment about how Cynthia was backpedaling like her main dude had caught her with her side dude.

Cynthia seems very into the blonde hair this season and I hate it. It clashes with her skin. The dark hair looks so much better. Also, this whole who's best friends with whom thing is so tired. It's not a competition. Just be friends and enjoy it. But you can tell that Cynthia doesn't actually like Kenya that much (and I don't blame her, she's mean), and I was proud of her for at least saying that Kenya wasn't nice at the meeting with Kim.

I caught a little whiff of Regine when Kim was like "Oh, there's no relationship with Kenya. I mean, no." The little "pfft" thing she did when she said no had Regine on it.

I'll say this: Bob is busted, but I can see how he could be charming. When he made that crack about his bad eye, I fell out.

Kenya vs. Kim. How you gon' show up to Jamaica to shoot a "'mercial" and not have done any work? If the shoot is supposed to take place on that trip, that is WAY past the time for the pitch meeting. You have to have put shit together to be ready to shoot. There's a lot of work to be done - you don't just show up with a camera and wing it. Kim did the work, Kenya didn't. That's really the beginning and the end of the story, so I don't know why Kenya was in her feelings.

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 14

Since the boat incident earlier in the season, I feel Cynthia been feeling some kind of way about being linked to Kenya as a BFF. She told Kandi to shut up when she mentioned the Kenya/Cyn BFF as a reason why Cyn should try to talk to Kenya about kicking that girl off the boat.

See me too, I thought on the boat she'd acknowledged that they were good friends and getting closer but objected to how, rather than that, Kandi had said your BFF getting ready to have somebody tossed overboard why don't you go talk to her?  Like Kandi said it all slickmouthy.  So my impression wasn't so much that she didn't like that as Kenya's title as the way everybody was trying to sideye her for it.  Which I didn't really get because aside from the Bailey Agency runway show I didn't think Cynthia had any objection to Kenya.

What is Sheree doing? She looks amazing, and much better than she did 10 years ago. I know black don't crack and melanin is a blessing but she's aging backwards. I need to know.

Porsha is extra sometimes...most of the time, but she's so much fun.

Kim and Cynthia doing business is nice to watch.

Kim and these kids...Lordt. I loved the editors showing Sebastian's face every time something raunchy was said.

Kenya...bitch, shut the entire fuck up. In total agreement with Neurochik. Kim is a much more mature person than I because I would have come for that trick's mama and not felt an ounce of shame about it. I sure hope her "boyfriend" watched the show tonight so he could see what he's dealing with. She's trash.

Oh Nene. The wig.

Nice to see Sheree and Nene getting along. The OGs. Looks like the spoiler tea I got is panning out.

"Does anyone have a spoon?" ROFL.

I can't wait to see the finished mercial.

LOL!! 

Pledge that if you find out what Sheree's doing, you'll come back and share.  You know it's probably something we don't wanna hear like 6 days of workouts and 128oz of water a day. 

mercial. hee hee!!!! I dig fun Porsha

Oh damn, you know what I just thought about? What if sex with Bob is what is giving Sheree her glow? Is ugly sex the key?

Please see h.r. for your lovely parting gifts.

He probably is. Sheree has had no romantic pairings since we first met her back in S1. 

You don't remember Dr. S. Curl?  He was super sketchy and we didn't know what he wanted from our girl, didn't even really know if he was a dr. but then he came to brunch at the house and the Committee of Bosoms were already there, waiting to review the receipts?  A shot of glistening soul glow sprinting to the car - doesn't sound familiar?  lol.  ah.  Good times.

Bob: I put my bad eye on her.

Me: dead. I died.

Porsha:  which one?   LOLOL!!!

what else did she say that had me thoat cackle?  She's a boy hunter?  Yo.  I promise I'm gonna find a way to work that into normal conversation.

I didn't mind Kim bringing her children with her for this trip but I got annoyed with Porsha and the others for not toning down their conversation with children present.

gggrrrrr.  because:

I have a girlfriend who does this shit.  She'll call and invite me out for drinks and show up with her 7yr old.  Now the tone of the night has completely changed. Now I can't cuss?  Now I can't talk about what freaky shit me and the mister got into? 

I would have been completely annoyed if I turned around and saw a flock of brats piling on the bus for what was sold to me as a couples trip.  I don't want to have to tone down my behavior for your kids.  That's what Disneyland is for.  As inappropriate as these ladies can be, I'm surprised Kim didn't have the bus pull over on the side of the road while she dragged her kids off as she clutched her pearls.

I'm so startled by people who do this.  Travel is my SHIT and as far as I'm concerned, it's to get away from the children.  Lol.  Kim was all, nobody had better say anything to me about it either.  {{headtilt}} ok Mother Fields-Martin, try not to get upset when I describe why we were assessed a room damage fee for the suite.

Kenya lemme holler at you for a second girl.  You rewound every iota of sympathy you'd amassed from when we could see that your mama wasn't shit.  I, had turned in your direction and offered you the sign of peace.  You know how major a feat that is?  You can tell from reading these boards that a bitch hated your ass and I squoze out a couple beads of sympathy.  Out of control, rude, impetuous, immature and super loose cannony.  Way out of proportion for the conversation being had.  Hey you know what that sound like?  All the stuff you accused Porsha of being when she snatched that ass.  I saw you on WWHL tell the people you when you saw that episode you were deeply ashamed of your actions.   But even if only for an act, you're like wild west, Jerry Springer panelist boundary less.  It's not fun to look at and if Porsha was too old for it.....baby.  Ooh, while we're on that, quit trying to beast poke Kim, if she's 50, at 2.5 years apart, so are you.  Knock it all the way off.

You know for somebody who took such glee in making Cynthia look like Jennifer Jason Leigh for even coming up with a friend contract, Nene was doing the most to protesteth the idea that Kenya was in fact Cyn's BFF.  

If I got nothing else outta this, I know the Moon Palace, Ocho Rios is one to consider! 

• Love 23

On rewatch, Kim's husband is hilarious. I can tell he's an actor because that whole conversation was extra.

"You need to slow down. Because you're INFECTED right now. They BAITED. YOU. (pause for emphasis). You just didn't find the exit door soon enough."

What? I know what he means but still, wtf? And why did he call them mutants? I just can't.

ZaldamoWilder, I have been dismissed by both you and Mozelle so I'll see myself out now LOL.

• Love 10

On rewatch, Kim's husband is hilarious. I can tell he's an actor because that whole conversation was extra.

"You need to slow down. Because you're INFECTED right now. They BAITED. YOU. (pause for emphasis). You just didn't find the exit door soon enough."

What? I know what he means but still, wtf? And why did he call them mutants? I just can't.

ZaldamoWilder, I have been dismissed by both you and Mozelle so I'll see myself out now LOL.

ROTFLMAO!!!!   footstomping with giggles!!!  Girl.  He was talking about Matt and Bob.  Chris is like 5 foot nothing, them two jokers right there have to make him feel like a Liliputian.  bwahaaaaa.

Mo and I appreciate your cooperation.  :D

• Love 8

I think he was referring that if it came to a throw down (jokingly) he was not going to stand a chance with some of the giant ex football playing swole men that some of the other ladies brought (with the exception of Peter).  It was not a nice thing to say, but he probably was a little angry and just acknowledging that he is not the biggest guy in the room.

• Love 3

I just looked at Kim's wiki page.  Pretty impressive.  What surprised me is that her mother is somewhat of a "thang' too.  She played Penny's mom on Good Times, and both Tooties and Regine's mother.  Very cool.

I am a couple years older than Kim, I remember watching Good Times and just HATING Penny's mom.  Just thinking of it is stirring it back up again.  

• Love 3

Kim's kids should have been in school, not on this trip.  It's a contradiction, since she didn't think the Million Man March was appropriate for her kids.

The big fail really was Cynthia.  She was the client and she should have shut down the Kenya jealousy tantrum with Kim.

But I see how it was a slap to Kenya when Cynthia placed less importance on their friendship, now that Ne-Ne is back.  I do see where Kenya really has been a better friend to Cynthia, the last few years than Ne-Ne.

Yeah, Sheree must be desperate for that peach with all the tea spilling she did.

• Love 6

I should check imdb.com to see who has more producer/director credits. I am guessing Kim.

I checked. Kenya has 6 producer credits (including Life Twirls On) and 2 directors credits for Life Twirls On and self directed movie in 2013. Kim has 6 producer credits and 16 directors credits. Her director credits are for series, miniseries and movies and date back to 1995. I think Kim wins this one hands down.

• Love 2

I agree that it seems like Cynthia has been distancing herself from Kenya a bit this season. Though she was still referring to Kenya as "my girl Kenya" when she was talking to Nene in the first episode that Nene showed up in this season. I believe Nene got all indignant when Cynthia said that. Who's ass will Cynthia crawl up next?

I checked. Kenya has 6 producer credits (including Life Twirls On) and 2 directors credits for Life Twirls On and self directed movie in 2013. Kim has 6 producer credits and 16 directors credits. Her director credits are for series, miniseries and movies and date back to 1995. I think Kim wins this one hands down.

Thanks for looking! Kenya looks so stupid for bringing up Kim's body of work when Kenya's does not compare. Now I wish Kim would have pulled up her imdb page on her phone and showed it to Kenya. 

• Love 3

Was it me?

Or was Kim's husband a tad zesty?  Not that there's anything wrong with that, but he did seem a touch...yeah.

Her husband is a theater actor. I have friends in that world who say he's been rumored to be gay for many years. (The friends in question are gay, FWIW.) I don't know his life, but the rumors have been around for a while.

• Love 7

Were those peaches on Peter's shirt??? HA!

I thought they were tomatoes.

Her husband is a theater actor. I have friends in that world who say he's been rumored to be gay for many years. (The friends in question are gay, FWIW.) I don't know his life, but the rumors have been around for a while.

Oh no, not THIS again! What is it with these ladies making these allegations?

• Love 7

It annoys the crap out of me when people drag their kids places they clearly don't belong. Kim and her separation anxiety gets on my nerves. I'm also not a fan of her husband. When she was replaying the scene with Kenya for him she had a weird look on her face when she thought she had displeased the little guy. Also, is she not allowed to swear in front of him? I find him a little creepy and possibly controlling.

• Love 14

I thought they were tomatoes.

Oh no, not THIS again! What is it with these ladies making these allegations?

Right.

I'm not looking forward to this. For woman who seem to love gay men, they sure like to throw it out there as if it's an insult. And that is puzzling to me. I find it beyond cruel to bring it up on camera. He or he and Kim might not be ready or want to discuss it. Or it's not true and the other women are just using to giggle about. Whatever it is, I find the "hehe, your man might be gay" pretty messed up. Especially for grown women. What am I saying? These are women arguing about BFF's. :)

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 8

A broadway actor who married Tootie from The Facts of Life....GAY?! This is like a step under having sex with a man under a billboard that says "I'm gay" in terms of gayness.

Obviously, Sheree was completely out of line for bringing it up at the dinner table.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 2

It's one thing to say it about your ex who you know intimately (and when I say one thing, I mean still gross but it's yall's business). It's quite another to say it publicly about a man you barely know just to ki ki/piss off his wife. Sheree, Porsha, Kenya, and whomever else is involved...that shit isn't cute. At all. I'm not going to enjoy watching that next week.

I for one don't see zest when I look at him but if he's zesty, its whatever. He's supportive of his wife and they seem happy so if they like it, I love it.

Edited by ridethemaverick
  • Love 14

I love Kim, and to be honest would love a show with Kim and Phaedra, and maybe some of the other ladies or some new ladies -- without all the classlessness of Nene and Kenya.

Maybe some people think a housewives show with Kim and Phaedra and others who do not get crazy like Kenya, would be boring.

Frankly I'd like to see women relate or have "friendships" -- and NOT be ignorant all the time.

Kim is still a breath of fresh air -- NOT wearing make up all the time, being focused on her family, taking her career seriously, acting PROFESSIONAL, not physically fighting. What's wrong with showing more women on TV with some decorum. 

Kenya's behavior on this episode, and Nene's in general throughout the series, is why I'm tired of the drama.

Why you all gonna make me say it?: Can I please see some professional black women on TV who have their act together, don't have neuroses, don't' say baffroom an birffday, don't get physical, have some class, and don't act ignorant and above it all. People like Kim are who I'd like to see more of on TV. ((Even the women on Blood Sweat and Heels, got into fights. Even the Doctors on Married to Medicine yells and scream. Even the women on RHWO Potomac are trifling. Stop it!))

Edited by selhars
  • Love 8

You know Kenya didn't have shit to insult Kim with when she went for her looks.  I always feel sorry for people who lower themselves to discussing how someone looks during an argument.  

The tides are sure turning for Kenya this season aren't they?  I don't know how she lives with herself.  

• Love 4

I think people were more likely to comment on Kim's husband because she's made comments about how the other HW don't understand their deep love and passion and devotion. But people have said at one time or another that all the huzzbins: Apollo, Peter, and Greg are zesty or wannabe HW or had effete qualities.

Kenya's behavior on this episode, and Nene's in general throughout the series, is why I'm tired of the drama.

OMG, you said it. I haven't seen any full episodes this season, I can't get through them. I turn, see their bullshit and change the channel.

I like Kim Fields. It pains me, well not exactly pain, but it's very disappointing to see her on this show. Her financial situation must be pretty bad; I hope she can somehow use the show to get some projects going and then leave as soon as she can. 

Kenya came off as a straight up bully in that scene with Kim and Cynthia. 

On another note, Kim bringing her kids on the trip though was a WTF? Now grownups on a grownup trip have to watch what they say on the bus ride down, yeah, annoying. 

But I digress, Kenya just seek help. She's so utterly defensive and it shows weakness, just in case she thought she was coming off powerful and in control. 

Cynthia on the other hand knew damn well that putting Kenya at the table with Kim, while she, Cynthia, was going to choose Kim's idea, was a recipe for exactly what we got on screen (eye roll).

A couple of final  observations, Kim's husband does seem quite effeminate to me; but, I side eye most of the men in Atlanta and Washington DC, whether they come off effeminate or not, sorry. So I'm side eyeing Kenya's new hired boyfriend too, please.

I haven't watched this is ages and apparently Cynthia has turned into quite the shit stirrer.

• Love 2

Kenya lemme holler at you for a second girl.  You rewound every iota of sympathy you'd amassed from when we could see that your mama wasn't shit.  I, had turned in your direction and offered you the sign of peace.  You know how major a feat that is?  You can tell from reading these boards that a bitch hated your ass and I squoze out a couple beads of sympathy.  Out of control, rude, impetuous, immature and super loose cannony.  Way out of proportion for the conversation being had.  Hey you know what that sound like?  All the stuff you accused Porsha of being when she snatched that ass.  I saw you on WWHL tell the people you when you saw that episode you were deeply ashamed of your actions.   But even if only for an act, you're like wild west, Jerry Springer panelist boundary less.  It's not fun to look at and if Porsha was too old for it.....baby.  Ooh, while we're on that, quit trying to beast poke Kim, if she's 50, at 2.5 years apart, so are you.  Knock it all the way off.

Y'all know I've been much more lenient on Kenya because I've never found Phaedra's or Porsha's or Nene's reaction to her remotely in line with her (Kenya's) actions. Like, I've felt there was some insecurity on their parts, which led them to do the absolute most as soon as it involved Kenya. And if you're talking about the excuses these women have made regarding men damn near getting physical with Kenya, it's a wrap as far as I'm concern.

That said, I cannot find it in myself to even look for reasons why Kenya was being such a beast to Kim at that sit-down whatever with Cynthia. I'm looking at Kenya the same way I've looked at the other women when it comes to their reactions to her: The shit that Kenya pulled at the table with Kim was so far across the line that even I'm like, "What is wrong with you?!" While I wish that Kim would just leave this show because I've found her condescending, there's no reason in the world Kenya should've been touching anything that Kim was sitting/leaning/squatting on.

Thank you. You shall receive a lovely severance package on your way out lol. 

• Love 7

The mighty hand of production was pretty heavy in this episode, from springing NeNe on them, to springing the kids on them.

I don't see a problem with Kim taking the kids and a nanny... SEPARATELY.   Having her husband/nanny fly down with them and staying in their room and spending time with them SEPARATELY when not filming. No idea about the school situation but a lot of southern schools have weird schedules now where the first vacation is in October because they go all year round and have regular breaks.  But I totally see that even if she suggested that husband and kids would attend at her expense, production would instead insist that they all travel with the main group.  

When Kim brings the kids to a cast dinner or out to the beach for girl talk, then I'll give her the stink eye over it.  So far Dad and Nanny seem to be holding things down, kid-wise.  And neither Kim nor her husband seemed perturbed on the bus so either they actually were keeping things semi low key, or they realized it was being kept above the kids' comprehension level and they knew they would get nothing but grief for scolding them about it, since the kids shouldn't have been there in the first place. 

As for Kenya, I think the meltdown is the realization that this is going to be her turn to burn this year (yet again).  She knows the reason Cynthia never touched base again was that production instructed her not to (just as I suspect she never got the memo about the first meeting and then was instructed to pretend she had a last minute conflict).  She no doubt was told that any discussion about the commercial would be held in Jamaica, and that her peach was on the line to stand up to Cynthia over it.  

Then NeNe walks in. 

That's why she looked so defeated.  Looking around the table, everybody's coasting except her, Sheree, who's busting her butt to get her peach back, and Cynthia who's busting her butt to keep hers.  Real Cynthia would have had a lot more to say about Kenya's behavior than she did -- she didn't because she knew it was Kenya's assignment, just as hers was to both propose and jilt her on the project in the first place.  

It's weird to watch people who don't particularly want to fight with each other fighting with each other. 

Edited by kassa
  • Love 8

Why you all gonna make me say it?: Can I please see some professional black women on TV who have their act together, don't have neuroses, don't' say baffroom an birffday, don't get physical, have some class, and don't act ignorant and above it all. People like Kim are who I'd like to see more of on TV. ((Even the women on Blood Sweat and Heels, got into fights. Even the Doctors on Married to Medicine yells and scream. Even the women on RHWO Potomac are trifling. Stop it!))

I've been watching #BlackLove on FYI and am pleasantly surprised by the professional black women featured.  It follows 5 single black women in NYC as they navigate the dating world.  They have a couple of counselors that help them and give advice.   All 5 ladies seem to have their act together, but suffer the same dating pitfalls that my friends and I have experienced while single.  It's nothing like the HW shows, so many might find them boring.  But there are shows out there, and there would be more if we watched and supported them.  

Edited by After7Only
  • Love 8

As for Kenya, I think the meltdown is the realization that this is going to be her turn to burn this year (yet again). She knows the reason Cynthia never touched base again was that production instructed her not to (just as I suspect she never got the memo about the first meeting and then was instructed to pretend she had a last minute conflict). She no doubt was told that any discussion about the commercial would be held in Jamaica, and that her peach was on the line to stand up to Cynthia over it.

HUH??!!???

Edited by Aging Goth
  • Love 6

Was I the only one who caught Porsha saying they were going to 'consumate' the new rooms at the hotel when she meant 'christen' them? 

Regardless of whether or not Kenya and Cynthia were BFFs - Kenya was right to be offended that Cynthia seems to be pushing her aside now that NeNe is back. 

Bob's self-deprivation about his bad eye was hilarious.     

• Love 5

I felt like there was a lot of contrivance in this episode and some bad improv.

Amen.  If anything is tired, it's this show.  Same stuff over and over.... BUT Bob Whitfield?  That was a plot twist.  I would have liked a better explanation than co-parenting.  I watched the Iyana show they were on and they hated each other.

• Love 5

I truly detest Kenya but I almost feel bad for her as she's being thrown under one helluva bus this season. I did enjoy watching it as I think she's a bully and just unlikable but she's being manipulated by the producers, IMO. Maybe the ratings were down or they panicked about not having any OG girls besides part time Sheree. But it seems they made a decision to take down Kenya and she's playing into it. I'll bet she's the only one who doesn't know.

Phaedra continues to show me why I enjoy her to no end. I don't care about her personal life or anything except that she's so damn funny! The "anybody got a spoon" cracked me up along with who knows how many other lines. She's just good TV and she makes me laugh.

Porscha is mess but she's entertaining as Phaedra's sidekick. I always found her harmless fun. She's now pompous but this is par for the course with these shows. She's a good time.

I don't mind Kim and I like her husband. She's a good foil to Kenya and her existence makes Kenya go batshit crazy. She is what Kenya wants to be- an icon of a kind with a normal life. As far as we know.

Her husband's sexuality is no one's business and bringing it up on national television is horrible. It's below the belt and basically calls Kim's life a fraud before the world. It's beyond redemption to me. Kenya is a nasty woman, always has been, and she's going over the edge. She's become Brandi Glanville and I think she may have lived beyond her "sell by date". She's so intimidated by Kim, it's ridiculous. She thought she'd gotten rid of Nene and now.........well, that's over.

I truly think Nene is back just to stick it to Kenya and prove she's not good enough to be the "lead" on this show. I think most of this is staged but that might be personal. Cynthia is just out to be with the one who has the most influence and Kenya was not cutting it. Every time I heard Nene say that Kenya didn't make it with "Cynthia", I thought it was almost a metaphor for the "show". They aren't fighting about the friendship, it's about the show and Cynthia is going back to the one who can help her most. JMO but I don't think this is about "friendships" at all. It's about power and ratings and money and fame. 

I may be wrong but I think Kenya's days are numbered. I've watched all these shows and there's a time when the "bad girl" oversteps and she's out. I think that may have happened here. I don't see her pulling a Tamara Judge and having a fake redemption arc. 

I think she's done. But, as always, I've been wrong before.

Oh and Mal's still a bore and WTF Bob Whitfield???????????????????I fell off the chair.

Edited by Roxy
  • Love 5

Tamra was horrible for years before she had a redemption arc. Throw enough money at the situation and they will get the redemption arc and story next year of her reconciling with her mother. This seems to be what what they are foreshadowing. I could see that happening if they cut both of them a nice check and promise them each a favorable edit when it played out.

This was a group trip and a work trip so inviting the kids wasn't cool IMHO. Kim often uses I have 2 young kids as an excuse for things and I don't see Phaedra doing the same, when she has 2 younger and is a single mom at that. She even said that to her when she was late in an almost snotty irritated tone in DC. I get being a homebody and super into your kids - trust me I am the same way but I don't take jobs where it will interfere and I don't bring it to work or adult social gatherings. IMHO. It's not fair to everyone else.

• Love 2

I truly detest Kenya but I almost feel bad for her as she's being thrown under one helluva bus this season.

How is she getting thrown under the bus when just last week even Jesus himself was weeping at Kenya's mama ignoring her?

I'd absolutely love if Kim's husband says "I'm bi and what of it?" to permanently shut the yap of the homophobe that is Ms. Moore. It's not okay to question someone's sexuality the way she does.  She's 45 years old and hasn't had a relationship with a (unpaid) man in 4 years. Maybe Kenya's gay!!!!!! See how that works?

I'm not sure who said it above but yes, Porsha did indeed say "consummate these rooms". I'm not gonna lie I had to think a minute when she said it like-- wait I don't think that's--but she sure is funny.

• Love 9

Can anyone tell me how Sheree produced such beautiful children with Bob?  I mean their son is so good looking, that if I was Bob, I would want a paternity test.

Sheree and Bob's daughter Kaleigh is beautiful also.  When they were younger, I have to admit, I didn't think they were the cutest kids I have seen but they have both grown into their good looks very well.  And I have always thought Sheree's oldest daughter, who isn't Bob's, is very good looking also.  She has beautiful children.

I just looked at Kim's wiki page.  Pretty impressive.  What surprised me is that her mother is somewhat of a "thang' too.  She played Penny's mom on Good Times, and both Tooties and Regine's mother.  Very cool.

Kim's mother Chip Fields also at one time was a member of the famous girl group the Ronettes.  Plus, Kim has a sister, Alexis fields, who had roles on Kenan and Kel, Moesha and Sister, Sister.  They're a very talented family it seems.

Her husband's sexuality is no one's business and bringing it up on national television is horrible. It's below the belt and basically calls Kim's life a fraud before the world. It's beyond redemption to me. Kenya is a nasty woman, always has been, and she's going over the edge. She's become Brandi Glanville and I think she may have lived beyond her "sell by date". She's so intimidated by Kim, it's ridiculous. She thought she'd gotten rid of Nene and now.........well, that's over.

Kenya was equally as nasty on Celebrity Apprentice.  She was so jealous of Vivica Fox that she stole her phone and put incriminating texts on it to try and get Vivica fired.  Kenya isn't just nasty on this show or any other show.  She's just nasty in real life period!  Any small remnant of sympathy I might have had in this cold heart of mine is now gone for good because of her behavior this week and what looks like even worse behavior next week.

I'm not sure who said it above but yes, Porsha did indeed say "consummate these rooms". I'm not gonna lie I had to think a minute when she said it like-- wait I don't think that's--but she sure is funny.

Porsha's ignorance is the gift that just keeps on giving!  Lol!

Edited by swankie
  • Love 8

I think Porsha knew exactly what she was saying when she used the word "consummate" yes it might not be technically correct (though that could be argued) but she was making a joke about the couples who were there being the first to have sex in their rooms. She excluded herself.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 1

Someone online did speculate that about Kenya.

Not really about Kenya but on any of the many housewives cities or seasons has there been an out lesbian?

Danielle Staub of the RHNJ supposedly was in a relationship with a musician named Lori Michaels.  And Kim Zolciak supposedly had a fling with DJ Tracy Young.  Both of these were said to have just been for publicity, but I don't know.  Other than these two, I have nothing.

• Love 1

Bob Whitfield cracked me up with his "ugly eye" comment. After he said that on the bus, I noticed that his eyes are different. He's a funny guy. I don't know the background with Sheree. I didn't start watching that early. So y'all may have different feels about the Bob.

Also, cannot stand Kenya's fake laugh in the intro--or ever--and really can't stand anything about Kenya. I have never liked her and don't find her interesting or amusing at all. Seems about as phony as they come, and that is to be expected from a former beauty queen. 

Edited by jennylauren123
  • Love 3

I've been watching #BlackLove on FYI and am pleasantly surprised by the professional black women featured.  It follows 5 single black women in NYC as they navigate the dating world.  They have a couple of counselors that help them and give advice.   All 5 ladies seem to have their act together, but suffer the same dating pitfalls that my friends and I have experienced while single.  It's nothing like the HW shows, so many might find them boring.  But there are shows out there, and there would be more if we watched and supported them.  

I really like this show! It's so lowkey, and the "drama" only comes from the women coming to terms with some of their issues.

Was I the only one who caught Porsha saying they were going to 'consumate' the new rooms at the hotel when she meant 'christen' them? 

No, you weren't the only one. Porsha really is not that bright. I mean, yes, "consummate" essentially means to have sex, but it's not used in the way that Porsha was using it. I think what she really meant was "christen the room," but you know--it's Porsha.

I'd absolutely love if Kim's husband says "I'm bi and what of it?" to permanently shut the yap of the homophobe that is Ms. Moore. It's not okay to question someone's sexuality the way she does.  

Kenya isn't the only one questioning Kim's husband sexuality. Peep Phaedra in that very preview calling him "sassy," which is a pretty gendered term and which I have to believe Phaedra chose quite deliberately. Additionally, how many words have gone to discussing Nene over the years as it regards homophobia? How many for Porsha, who's been quite blatant with it? My point being, Kenya talking about some "They call him Chrissy" is very much in the vein as what I'm pointing out with the other women, so I'd never go so far as to imply that she's unique on that front (e.g., "the way [Kenya] does").

• Love 3

Regardless of whether or not Kenya and Cynthia were BFFs - Kenya was right to be offended that Cynthia seems to be pushing her aside now that NeNe is back.

Bob's self-deprivation about his bad eye was hilarious.

I think you mean deprecation ;)

• Love 2

Feline Goddess, on 01 Feb 2016 - 7:29 PM, said:

She actually did mean "consumate" as she was talking about all the couples getting busy later, which is why she didn't include herself.

• Love 3