Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E13: Jamaican Beef Catty

• Start Topic

Did Kenya really question Kim's credentials as a director? If she don't stop. Kim should clapped back and asked for HER body of work!

I do love how Kim handles Kenya; she never raise her voice and remains calm during their spats---which make annoys Kenya even more.

Cynthia was right to hire Kim since Kenya didn't bother to show up for the meeting--now she's in her feelings--please. She need to have several seats.

Bob and Sheree in the same room...he!! has frozen over. I am glad Sheree and Nene finally made up. I've always enjoyed their friendship.

Edited by sereion
  • Love 14

Bob and Sheree was the most random, unexpected thing ever!  I see him and remember when one poster called him a tangled eyed monster and just die all over again!

Earn that peach Sheree!!

Wish Kenya would stop trying to age shame Kim, when Kim is only a few years older than her and completely fresh faced and pretty (in spite of the hair).

Since the boat incident earlier in the season, I feel Cynthia been feeling some kind of way about being linked to Kenya as a BFF. She told Kandi to shut up when she mentioned the Kenya/Cyn BFF as a reason why Cyn should try to talk to Kenya about kicking that girl off the boat.

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 16

Kenya:   Still hasn't learned her lesson about invading other people's space.  Didn't she get dragged by her hair for doing that at the reunion?  I believe she inherited an evil gene from her mother, the same one that allows her mother to not acknowledge or even speak to her for 40 + years.  I agree with you Neurochik,  my elevator goes down to that level, I would have thrown her mother back up in her face also.  It's low and dirty, but I would have done it.

Bob Whitfield:  Really?

Kim:  I don't like that she keeps pulling Sebastian out of school to go on these trips.  What's up with that?  Leave those kids at home.

Edited by appledumpling
  • Love 12

What is Sheree doing? She looks amazing, and much better than she did 10 years ago. I know black don't crack and melanin is a blessing but she's aging backwards. I need to know.

Porsha is extra sometimes...most of the time, but she's so much fun.

Kim and Cynthia doing business is nice to watch.

Kim and these kids...Lordt. I loved the editors showing Sebastian's face every time something raunchy was said.

Kenya...bitch, shut the entire fuck up. In total agreement with Neurochik. Kim is a much more mature person than I because I would have come for that trick's mama and not felt an ounce of shame about it. I sure hope her "boyfriend" watched the show tonight so he could see what he's dealing with. She's trash.

Oh Nene. The wig.

Nice to see Sheree and Nene getting along. The OGs. Looks like the spoiler tea I got is panning out.

"Does anyone have a spoon?" ROFL.

I can't wait to see the finished mercial.

Edited by ridethemaverick
  • Love 24

Now I remember why Phaedra implied that Kenya needed meds a few seasons ago. Clearly, bish needs her dosage upped. That was not acting...that bitch is cray cray.

I am loving the Nene/Sheree truce. Probably won't last 2 weeks but it's all fun now.

Were those peaches on Peter's shirt??? HA!

• Love 15

I can't even get a handle on what it was that I watched. Kenya was doing the absolute most with the absolute least. How could she even be mad at Cynthia for going with Kim's idea when Kenya didn't even show up to the pitch meeting? That's not how it works, boo. That's not how any of it works. Although, I don't know why Cynthia even thought there would be an actual working relationship between Kim and Kenya in the first place. But Kenya was out of line for even going over to Kim's chair to pull it out or whatever. 

I'd almost forgotten how much Sheree revels in playing RunTelDat 'til tonight. She was hustling up and down that resort to let this person and that person know that someone had said and had done and would do and would say... She's working for that peach, that much I know. 

• Love 24

Bob and Sheree was the most random, unexpected thing ever!  I see him and remember when one poster called him a tangled eyed monster and just die all over again!

LOL! I'm glad the editors refreshed my memory with Bob sticking his tongue at at Sheree after their child support? court case. Didn't he run like a big ass schoolyard bully, too?

Let's just say that if it's ever revealed that Bob has CTE, I would not be surprised.

Like I mentioned in another thread, Kenya is a habitual line stepper. It's always two steps forward, five steps back with her. Kim is very mature in her dealings with Kenya. I also liked how Chris had her back and broke down Kenya's bitterness and petty behavior about being passed over because Kim has the producing/directing receipts and Kenya doesn't.

We all knew Life Twirls On wasn't happening. The clips of it I saw looked like a gag reel.

• Love 11

Kenya, Kim living good off those Tootie & Regine checks. They go a lot farther than Day Player on Martin checks.

Kim was born in 1969 & Kenya was born in 1971. And yet Kim doesn't look a day over 30.

Cynthia should have told Kenya her decision in private. However, Cynthia set an appointment to hear their proposals and Kenya blew it off. She didn't even call Cynthia to reschedule. Kenya cried that she was available to present her treatment to Cynthia but it's not Cynthia's job to hunt down a prospective for a treatment. Kenya, you were unprofessional & you lost out. Grow up and get over it.

• Love 22

This was such a messy episode for Cynthia! I was really liking her after she found her way out of NeNe's ass but here she is crawling right back up it as if she never left. Girl bye. She just annoyed me so much throughout this episode it was ridiculous. I don't blame her for going with Kim as her director/producer but why the hell wouldn't you find the time to sit down with your "friend" Kenya BEFORE you all jet set off to Jamaica? If you didn't want any drama you certainly could've nipped it in the bud not once but twice, since you just had to keep NeNe a secret. 

While I spent most of the episode Team Kenya, she was so OTT with her discussion with Kim, she just looked like a fool with letting her feelings get the complete best of her. I couldn't believe that Cynthia denied that she and Kenya were bffs, that is some bs if I ever smelt it just as everyone outside of NeNe was able to smell it as well. This made me miss Kandi being on the trip since she doesn't mind calling out people on their bs.

NeNe trying to say that "BFF" support their friends and blah blah blah made me scratch my head. Was this not the same woman who went on a media blitz putting down Cynthia? Did she not appear on WWHL and call her boring? Irrelevant? Not fit for the show? And Cynthia saying that BFFs do this to each other? That's an abusive relationship right there if I ever seen one and NeNe doesn't seem to have any remorse about it (that we have seen or heard of)

Kandi really reminded me of Kim Z in her scene at home, it is basically what Kim was saying when she was pregnant, the drama gets old and pregnancy seems to put that in perspective with the both of them.

• Love 16

Kenya, Kim living good off those Tootie & Regine checks. They go a lot farther than Day Player on Martin checks.

Oh she knows. She had a non-speaking cameo on one episode of Living Single. It's still in syndication so Kenya's episode probably comes on once or twice a year lol.

• Love 6

This was such a messy episode for Cynthia! I was really liking her after she found her way out of NeNe's ass but here she is crawling right back up it as if she never left. Girl bye. She just annoyed me so much throughout this episode it was ridiculous. I don't blame her for going with Kim as her director/producer but why the hell wouldn't you find the time to sit down with your "friend" Kenya BEFORE you all jet set off to Jamaica? If you didn't want any drama you certainly could've nipped it in the bud not once but twice, since you just had to keep NeNe a secret. 

While I spent most of the episode Team Kenya, she was so OTT with her discussion with Kim, she just looked like a fool with letting her feelings get the complete best of her. I couldn't believe that Cynthia denied that she and Kenya were bffs, that is some bs if I ever smelt it just as everyone outside of NeNe was able to smell it as well. This made me miss Kandi being on the trip since she doesn't mind calling out people on their bs.

Yeah, Kenya looked like an idiot.  She should have had words with Cynthia, not Kim.  Cynthia knew that Kenya and Kim have issues and she tried pushing both women to work together when she should have left it alone.  Then, she did not tell Kenya that she had already chosen Kim to produce/direct the commercial.  Nene was right; Cynthia is a terrible friend.

I did appreciate that Kenya got under the church lady's skin.  Kim's rant to her husband about the fight was awesome.

I like Matt.

Edited by ToukieSmith
  • Love 9

Kim was born in 1969 & Kenya was born in 1971. And yet Kim doesn't look a day over 30.

I'd agree that she looks younger than Kenya, but with that fried hair, she looks a lot older than I was expecting when I heard she was cast.

You'd think she makes good money from those checks, but given that she's slumming on a show she seems to hate, I wonder.

• Love 4

Kim hasn't been my favorite this season, but she handled Kenya well. What I don't get is how Cynthia just sat there and said nothing to Kenya or tried to shut things down.

Nene really needs a hair/wig stylist badly just to get the part and the hairline right if nothing else.

I'm surprised Phaedra didn't say "Jesus take the wheel," when Kenya said she'd rather drive off a cliff.

• Love 10

I just end up thinking everyone in this friendship fight seems desperate and silly. Cynthia gives no one a reason to respect her, Kenya just seems to be clawing away for airtime, and Nene is...Nene. 

I'd even tolerate more of Peter and Cynthia over Cynthia's junior high games.

• Love 4

So I kind of wanted to post a long, thought out entry over why I thought Kenya sucked tonight, but I just don't have the energy. I will say that all Kenya thinks about every minute I see her on this show is how she can get one more dollar from being on this show, and that is all I see from her. I get nothing else. And I can't even bring myself to hate on her for that, but I will say I don't enjoy watching her for that, because I see right through it and it's boring at this point. Sheree and Nene are at least fun and entertaining, while pretty much doing the same thing. I wish I found Kenya as entertaining but I don't.

• Love 10

NeNe trying to say that "BFF" support their friends and blah blah blah made me scratch my head. Was this not the same woman who went on a media blitz putting down Cynthia? Did she not appear on WWHL and call her boring? Irrelevant? Not fit for the show? And Cynthia saying that BFFs do this to each other? That's an abusive relationship right there if I ever seen one and NeNe doesn't seem to have any remorse about it (that we have seen or heard of)

Kandi really reminded me of Kim Z in her scene at home, it is basically what Kim was saying when she was pregnant, the drama gets old and pregnancy seems to put that in perspective with the both of them.

Cynthia crawled out from Nene's butt right into Kenya's then back again! LOL Yes, Cynthia should have told Kenya but then again, Kenya should have gone to that meeting with Cynthia/Kim OR she should have set another appointment with Cynthia instead of letting Cynthia set it up. If Kenya wanted the job, she should have acted more professional from the get go. I had to laugh, when Cynthia first said she wanted both women to produce/direct the commercial, Kim was fine with a joint venture and Kenya was NOT. LOL

Kenya was rather subdued on WWHL tonight. She said she was embarrassed by her behavior in pulling Kim's chair back as well as apologizing for it and she really didn't bad mouth/throw shade at anyone like she normally does when she is on. Andy brought up the message on Nene's IG against Kenya and Kenya actually explained WHY Nene said it without shade/anger/nastiness but with kindness! Matt was the bar tender and revealed that Kenya has pulled his chair back in anger several times! I think he is good for Kenya, she seemed calmer, less manic and more content than I have ever seen her.

• Love 10

WTF did Kenya expect to happen? The commercial was going to be shot in Jamaica. She didn't bother to show up at the pitch meeting and acts like she expected Cynthia to chase her down and drag those so-called brilliant wonderful ideas out of her.  Now there are in Jamaica! I mean setting up the location, models, the folks behind the camera, sound people, catering, etc. That shit requires beforehand planning and coordination.  Kim actually treated this as a job with a budget and was working on this before the wheels on the plane touched down in Jamaica. So WTF does 'working with Kenya' even mean? Kenya didn't do shit but show up. Kenya didn't treat this or Cynthia as a client to be wooed. She just wanted to show up and slap her name on it and act like she did something. If Kim declined and it all fell on Kenya, that shit would not have gotten done or been shot using an iphone camera. 

• Love 17

Cynthia crawled out from Nene's butt right into Kenya's then back again! LOL Yes, Cynthia should have told Kenya but then again, Kenya should have gone to that meeting with Cynthia/Kim OR she should have set another appointment with Cynthia instead of letting Cynthia set it up. 

Kenya said she hit Cynthia up and told her whenever she is free she would like to meet. To me that is better since she put everything in Cynthias power. But just as easily Kenya phoned Cynthia for a reschedule, Cynthia couldve picked up the phone to say she was going with Kim. 

• Love 5

Kenya really AGAIN showed her true colors.  Bitch is still in grade school.  Tootie Fields?!  Really Kenya?!  Grow up!  And you could tell she was doing everything in her power to get Kim to hit her.  Pulling the chair out, had it been Porsha, would have been another ass whoopin for Kenya.  So glad Kim is mature enough to just walk away.  I feel like Kenya will do anything at this point to get Kim kicked off the show.  Even though this show isn't for Kim in my opinion and she should not come back next year, I hope she continues to make Kenya look like a damn fool by not engaging in her shit.

Wish Kenya would stop trying to age shame Kim, when Kim is only a few years older than her and completely fresh faced and pretty (in spite of the hair).

I could have sworn Kim said that she's only a few MONTHS older than Kenya not years.  She said it in the boat episode when Kenya tried to tell everyone Kim was 50.

Edited by swankie
  • Love 13

Kenya said she hit Cynthia up and told her whenever she is free she would like to meet. To me that is better since she put everything in Cynthias power. But just as easily Kenya phoned Cynthia for a reschedule, Cynthia couldve picked up the phone to say she was going with Kim. 

Kenya told Cynthia that when Cynthia called her to see when she would get to the meeting, I don't think Kenya called her a second time or she would have said that tonight either on the show OR on WWHL and she did not. I do agree that Cynthia should have told Kenya BEFORE they went on the trip that she had made the decision to go with Kim and only Kim. BUT, had she done what most people would have done, there would be no drama surrounding the commercial on the show and now in blogs...... getting Cynthia's product even MORE press. LOL Both Cynthia and Kenya were wrong, Kenya for not going to the meeting to begin with and for NOT calling to say she would not be there BEFORE the meeting was underway. Cynthia was wrong for not telling Kenya that she decided to go with Kim's idea and only use Kim to produce/direct the commercial before they went on the trip.

• Love 6

I also liked how Chris had her back and broke down Kenya's bitterness and petty behavior about being passed over because Kim has the producing/directing receipts and Kenya doesn't.

This. Chris called it. I think both Cynthia and Kenya handled the situation wrong, but Kenya took it over the top. Cynthia should have told Kenya privately and before the trip. She should have tried to shut down Phaedra asking about it on the bus until she talked to Kenya. Though Kenya should have realized if she hadn't talked to Cynthia about the commercial, and Kenya was sitting on a plane to Jamaica then whatever part she would play in the commercial would probably be minimal. Also noting that Kim was doing work on the commercial prior to the trip. Kim said to Cynthia when she sat down for the meeting with Kenya and Cynthia was that she shaved more money off the budget. She was working. I think Kenya expected Cynthia to just hand her the project and when she did not Kenya got her feelings hurt. Kenya should have addressed it all with Cynthia, because it was not about Kim ever saying that she would not work with Kenya (though I would not blame her if she said that). Kenya then went batshit crazy on Kim. I have not been the biggest fan of Kim the last few episodes, but she is a better person than me when she is on the receiving end of Kenya's crazy. I would have hit below the belt too. I should check imdb.com to see who has more producer/director credits. I am guessing Kim.

I get that Kenya and Kim have had their issues, but none of them in my opinion seem to warrant Kenya's hate-on toward Kim. It just seems so over the top for very little reason.

I did laugh at Porsha and Phaedra calling Cynthia a flip flopper, because she has always been that way. A bit less so since she crawled out of Nene's ass to Kenya's, but she is back in Nene's. Cynthia always seemed to go whichever way the wind was blowing.

Sheree and Nene getting along made me like Nene again. Well, at least for the scenes they were in together, beyond that not so much. 

• Love 7

I admit Kenya could have handled some of the situations better but I still felt sorry for her this episode. She genuinely thought Cynthia was a best friend or at least a good friend. I knew that Cynthia didn't feel the that way since the boat episode and she just used Kenya since no one else liked either of them. Cynthia looks like a pathetic lap dog scurrying back up NeNe's ass. Nene got off on Kenya's pain and gloated about being Cynthia's real BFF despite being horrific to Cynthia in the past. Kim has been a boring condescending waste of time this entire season and should be grateful to Kenya for now giving her some fans (most were hating on her this season until this episode). Kenya made Kim interesting/relevant however I do give Kim props on how she handled the situation with maturity and professionalism. I still don't like Kim and haven't liked NeNe for a long time. Now I get why people dislike Cynthia. Kenya mishandles situations but I find her interesting and she brings the drama...plus I feel bad for her since she really doesn't have any friends on the show yet I don't think she is a bad person. Like always I tend to have the minority view (like the HW that everyone hates).

• Love 19

WTF did Kenya expect to happen? The commercial was going to be shot in Jamaica. She didn't bother to show up at the pitch meeting and acts like she expected Cynthia to chase her down and drag those so-called brilliant wonderful ideas out of her. Now there are in Jamaica! I mean setting up the location, models, the folks behind the camera, sound people, catering, etc. That shit requires beforehand planning and coordination. Kim actually treated this as a job with a budget and was working on this before the wheels on the plane touched down in Jamaica. So WTF does 'working with Kenya' even mean? Kenya didn't do shit but show up. Kenya didn't treat this or Cynthia as a client to be wooed. She just wanted to show up and slap her name on it and act like she did something. If Kim declined and it all fell on Kenya, that shit would not have gotten done or been shot using an iphone camera.

EXACTLY!!!! Personal problems are one thing, but business is business. I've been Team Kenya at times in the past, but she has officially lost her fucking mind. Commercials don't just magically appear out of thin air. You have to have a producer, a director, a videographer, a grip, an art director, a makeup artist, a hairstylist, a manicurist, a caterer, ground transportation, models/actors, someone on the ground in advance to scout locations/secure permits..... the moment Kenya set foot on the plane to Jamaica with zero arrangements in place, she should have gotten the memo that she was out as director. She blew off the meeting; she has no one to blame but herself for losing out on a job.

After witnessing the tragedy that is her maternal situation, I was really hoping this new dude---the one that's all swole & foine & peaceful---would help to calm her down. Nope! On WWHL he said he likes her messiness. That's really not helping.

The Ghost of Christmas Past, Bob Whitfield?!? Wait, WHAT?!? Get that peach Sheree! I've missed you.

I would have been SOO pissed off at Kim bringing her kids on the couple's trip. She knew she was wrong, that's why she didn't tell anybody. At least she brought a sitter.

The rest of the trip was hilarious & fun! Porscha & Phaedra cracked me up! I SO wanted to be on that trip with them---laying on the beach, having girl talk & drinks & laughs! Those two really brought the funny this episode, on the van & in their talking heads. They demonstrated that you can keep the show's momentum without ugliness & fighting.

Meanwhile, back in the ATL: Mama Joyce moving in with the Tucker's?!? Please, God, no.

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 12

Kenya seems to have left her almost sane persona back in the dust with this dust up. She seems to have forgotten she was the one who bailed on the meeting at the last minute, then apparently didn't bother trying to contact Cynthia with her ideas. Not Cynthia's problem. If you're not going to show with the goods, don't expect Cynthia to be chasing your shady self around after you bailed. That's about as crazy as expecting Todd to spend an inordinate amount of time chasing down Phaedra for his money, and thinking he should forfeit because he didn't. OTOH, Kim's "I'm special" started showing through big time in her conversation with her husband, who at first was making sense and then went whole hog into the "you're the big star" repartee.

I'm feeling all kinds of extra with the way the franchise is serving up people the fans are vocally against. BH - Faye, what? Now here comes NeNe. Supposedly she washed her hands of this and now she's not only around for an evening, she's on a trip? At least she didn't bring her Queen act with her this time. Except for the friendship bit, trying to tell Cynthia who her BFF was.

The scenery in Jamaica was fab. I loved the deck overlooking the water at sunset. Too bad Kenya went and spoiled the vibe.

Cynthia flip flopping around about her BFF. Well, I guess if my new BFF started acting like she lost touch with reality and was ready to blow everyone out of the water, I'd probably back off, too. But we know the real reason Cynthia was doing the backstep was NeNe was in the house.

Sheree taking over the runtelldat persona. OK. And Bob? After all she said about him? I looked up some of her claims about his lack of support, etc., and it seems she was the one at fault, making off with a bunch of his possessions, etc. Whatever, I hope they can stay friends.

• Love 2

Kim is a better woman than I. I would have leaned over and whispered in Kenya's ear, "now I know why your mother wouldn't open the door. I wouldn't either." Yes it's hitting below the belt but Kenya does it to others so she's fair game to me.

Stop playing the victim, Kenya. She's jealous of Kim because Kim had a real career in the nineties.

See, you and I are of similar temperament.  Kenya would have been curled in a ball by the time I was done verbally dragging her.  

• Love 9

Kenya mishandles situations but I find her interesting and she brings the drama...plus I feel bad for her since she really doesn't have any friends on the show yet I don't think she is a bad person. Like always I tend to have the minority view (like the HW that everyone hates).

Kenya doesn't have any friends because Kenya is a bitch to every woman on this show.  She says more nasty remarks about them in her talking heads than anyone.  The only reason she befriended Cynthia in the first place was to be a thorn in Nene's ass.  The only person she has ever really been friends with is Claudia and they were just two stank bitches collaborating against Nene.  Cynthia glommed onto Kenya and Claudia because she didn't have anyone else.  I don't feel the least bit sorry for Kenya.  If you're going to come on a show and play a character, don't expect people to be real with you.

I would have been SOO pissed off at Kim bringing her kids on the couple's trip. She knew she was wrong, that's why she didn't tell anybody. At least she brought a sitter.

I really didn't understand Kim and her husband's logic of never leaving the country unless the kids are with them.  So if, heaven forbid, something happens to the plane or you get attacked by terrorists, you want to make sure the kids die too?  I don't get it.

So I looked up both Kim's and Kenya's IMDb pages and Kim has 16 director credits and 6 producer credits and Kenya has 2 director credits (one of which is Life Twirls On) and 6 producer credits (again, one of which is Life Twirls On).  Two other of Kenya's producer credits is as associate producer.  All of Kim's producer credits are as full producer.  Kenya needs to stfu asking Kim for her credentials.  She should really be embarrassed.  smdh

Edited by swankie
  • Love 19

DRIVETHROO, ON 31 JAN 2016 - 11:07 PM, SAID:

Kim can't be getting much, she owes $212,000 in taxes she never paid when she came on this show. That we know of, there could be more debt not yet reported.

Never thought I'd see Bob Whitfield associated with this show in any way, shape or form. Could be he needs a check, too.

• Love 7

Besides Kenya being a complete and total nut job I really enjoyed this episode.  There were a lot of funny parts.  I laughed a lot during the show.  

Oh boy, Sheree really likes to stir the pot and tell everyone the smack that is being talked about them.  She did it in Africa with the whole Kim, Kandi and Cynthia black baby thing.  She did it last night with the Cynthia and Kenya BFF thing and she's at it again next week.  For some reason though, I'm not minding it too much.  Kind of entertaining.

• Love 9

I didn't mind Kim bringing her children with her for this trip but I got annoyed with Porsha and the others for not toning down their conversation with children present.

Cynthia should have told Kenya about her decision long before they were on the way to the airplane to Jamaica. I thought Cynthia grew a spine when Nene left the show. Was Peter likable this week b/c Kenya was so nasty?

• Love 2

My take on this episode…

Porsha appeared to be just fun loving and thoroughly enjoying the vacation.  She did address some of the drama but she appeared unconcerned about the matter.  The same with Phaedra.  Both of them just enjoyed the vacation and at least this episode distanced themselves from the serious drama.

I do believe Cynthia should have let Kenya know she was going with Kim for the commercial before they left for Jamaica.  I can see why she may have decided not to tell Kenya as she was a bit miffed by the fact that Kenya was a no-show for the proposal  meeting and that Kenya didn’t even have the decency to call Cynthia to let her know she wasn’t coming.  I feel Cynthia knew she was going to get a very bad reaction from Kenya and chose not to say anything until they got to Jamaica.

My problem with Kenya is that she is so immature an so unprofessional that she simply thought she just had the job in the bag just by being Cynthia’s friend.  I believe that is also the real reason Cynthia didn’t say anything as Cynthia was just pissed that Kenya dismissed her project as unimportant.  The other problem I had with Kenya is that she knew Cynthia was doing this within a two week window and that it was being done on location in Jamaica.  If Kenya didn’t hear from Cynthia by then she just had to know she wasn’t chosen for this project as everything had to be set up before they got to Jamaica.  So if she is on a plane to Jamaica, she should have been smart enough to put 2 and 2 together and know she is not directing this project.

If Kenya really wanted (of could) do this project, she would have contacted Cynthia the next day with her proposal if she indeed had one.  Kenya claimed she has this all set up to show Cynthia and how it was so good, but she was saying this WHILE ON THE PLANE TO JAMAICA.  No one is so stupid that they cannot figure out the project is being done already if they are flying to the location to shoot the commercial.  Unless she thought that all she had to do was tell Cynthia she got this and Cynthia being her BFF would just kick Kim to th curb and choose Kenya sight unseen.

Sidenote:  Those suites were bloody FANTASTIC!!!

Kim contridicts herself with her parenting.  She was clutching her pearls and running from the room when in DC they were talking about racial issues but she was OK with her kids hearing sexual adult conversation on the bus?  No, I do not feel anyone on that bus should have watched their mouths because Kim chose to bring little kids on an adult couples only vacation.

Kenya waxed nastalgic,  bring Kapn Krazie back for an encore when she attended that meeting.  Yes, she was rightly hurt by Cynthia announsing that Kim was directing on the bus before telling her.  However, as I said before, if she is in Jamaica and hadn’t heard that she was doing the project then she should not have been surprised when it was announced.

Kenya was 12 kinds of wrong at that meeting.  Cynthia had already planned to have Kenya shoot with her in the commercial but Cynthia never got to tell Kenya because Kenya had jumped on the krazieTrain, and it had just left the station.  She went from zero to 2000 in a hearbeat first brandishing Cynthia for not being a good friend to trying her level best to berate and pick a fight with Kim.  However, Kim isn’t the young and emotional Porsha so she just wouldn’t take the bait.

So what does Kenya do next?  She gets physical and actually yanks the chair out from under Kim and then follows Kim as she leaves, clapping and yelling that Kim was a great actress.  Most stated that Cynthia should have stepped up and reeled Kenya in but we all know that would be nearly impossible to do so, yes she sat there pretty incredulous that Kenya has pitched a tantrum like some elemetary schoolgirl.    The look in Kim’s eyes when Kenya pulled her seat was frightening as the “Regine” was about to come out.  I applaude Kim’s husband for calming her down and supporting her.

The BFF thing was a bit childish for any of these women to ever waste time discussing.  However, most say Cynthia flipped-flopped when she denied being besties but if you look back, Cynthia was basically tolerating Kenya most of the time and Cynthia NEVER called Kenya a best friend.  She called her a close friend but she seemed to take offence to the others calling Kenya her bestie.  When Nene point blank asked her, she basically told her the honest truth, Kenya and her are friends but not best friends, yet.  I believe the other women felt they were best friends because Kenya brought out the worst in Cynthia and everything Kenya did for Cynthia never really goes well.

I knew when Sheree went over to see Nene that she was going to runtelldat faster than the energizer bunny and I was not dissapointed.  Actually when Kenya confronted Cynthia, I feel Cynthia tried to clearly and correctly explain herself.  She didn’t back down and for the first time, she just didn’t tolerate the bullcrap Kenya was spewing.  Kenya befriended Cynthia to get back at Nene (ie take what Nene had) but she just cannot comprehend that there is a difference between her and Nene.  Cynthia actually has drama free fun times with Nene most of the time.  Almost every time she is with Kenya, it is all about Kenya or all about Kenya helping Cynthia while slyly shading her (the multiple bad husband events that seemed to always go in left field due to Kenya going off on someone)

Actually, I liked how Nene actually kept it light and fun this episode.  She really didn’t bring any drama but she never backs down from it either.  Kenya was just a mess this episode and it appear it will only get worse.

• Love 13

Kenya doesn't have any friends because Kenya is a bitch to every woman on this show. She says more nasty remarks about them in her talking heads than anyone. The only reason she befriended Cynthia in the first place was to be a thorn in Nene's ass. The only person she has ever really been friends with is Claudia and they were just two stank bitches collaborating against Nene. Cynthia glommed onto Kenya and Claudia because she didn't have anyone else. I don't feel the least bit sorry for Kenya. If you're going to come on a show and play a character, don't expect people to be real with you.

I really didn't understand Kim and her husband's logic of never leaving the country unless the kids are with them. So if, heaven forbid, something happens to the plane or you get attacked by terrorists, you want to make sure the kids die too? I don't get it.

So I looked up both Kim's and Kenya's IMDb pages and Kim has 16 director credits and 6 producer credits and Kenya has 2 director credits (one of which is Life Twirls On) and 6 producer credits (again, one of which is Life Twirls On). Two other of Kenya's producer credits is as associate producer. All of Kim's producer credits are as full producer. Kenya needs to stfu asking Kim for her credentials. She should really be embarrassed. smdh

Yes, I can't feel any sympathy for Kenya either. She has been beyond nasty since she twirled on this show. She has no friends because she has always gone out of her way to make snide remarks about everyone.

I know some love the "drama" that Kenya brings, but I find myself just cringing with embarrassment for Kenya. She really is a crazy woman.

As for the commercial, she didn't show up to the meeting, but she also didn't bother to tell Cynthia till Cynthia called Kenya to find out if she was on her way. Did Kenya think they'd work everything out about the commercial in Jamaica??

I don't get why Kim brought her kids? It's really not a place for for 2 little ones. If it was a private vacation, of course, but Kim knows by now what that this show is about.

I was laughing with Porscha and Phaedra. They were definitely in vacation mode.

As for Cynthia and Kenya's BFF status (are they in 4th grade??) that was all for convenience. Cynthia is a weak flip flopper. I think we have seen Cynthia trying to distance herself from crazy Kenya all season. And now she has her old (Kenya's word) BFF back, she has flopped back.

I ff'd through Kandi, because I don't care.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 8

I think Kenya is just mad at Kim because Kim didn't want to direct that awful show she made up. And she's also jealous that Kim has real credentials in the directing/producing world and Kenya doesn't. She is clearly so very jealous of Kim and has it out for her because she didn't want to do her pilot. Shut up Kenya!

• Love 15

I kind of love that Bob was there. I had no doubt that Sheree and Bob would eventually come full circle which makes me happy for their kids. Better that they have figured it out so they can amicably co-parent. Cheers to them.

I think Cynthia and Kenya's 'friendship' came because NeNe was out of the picture. I think Kenya may have thought it was genuine, but the other ladies, including Cynthia, knew it wasn't. I remember Cynthia implying that Kenya never did anything to her, so why would she have an issue with her? It was a friendship of convenience that had a very apparent expiration date.

People will remember Kim fondly for many years to come as Tootie and Regine. Most people recall Kenya's bit roles from Martin and other random shows in the 90s, but she is hardly a household name. I don't know if it is jealousy, but something about Kim has Kenya shook. It cracks me up that Kim does not engage Kenya.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 15