Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E13: Jamaican Beef Catty

• Start Topic

I didn't mind it one bit.  Kim brought small children on an adult, couples vacation without even asking anyone.   That was what was inappropriate.  She chose to bring them to an inappropriate place, now she can deal with the fall out from that.  She knows what these trips are about.  The other women should absolutely not be expected to censor themselves because the almighty Kim Fields doesn't have to play by the rules.

You're not suggesting that Porsha should feel free to drop her pants and start twerking with the kids around, are you?

First, I will admit to feeling "a way" about this on-the-surface tropical paradise, knowing what I know about what lurks on the flip side. I can't blame folks though, I was allaboutit for years myself. I just know too much now and do not enjoy when it pops up on my teevee fairly regularly as a girl's trip or free giveaway, I either have to skip episodes all together, or forward through most of it if I'm trying to follow a storyline. So I maybe missed some things between lots of fast-forwarding and straight muting some shit to only touch on the conversations. Luckily watching it many days later means not lifting a finger, 'cause the work here is done:

I've heard things about Jamaica but nothing very specific. The time I spent there was mostly on a tour bus excursion from our ship.

Yeah, I'm tired of Kenya and her antics.

• Love 1

I will say, Porsha is one of few women who seem much happier after her divorce.  She does not seem to linger over the past and is enjoying her life.

Now she's free to get laid.  I do believe that was probably missing from their sham marriage.

• Love 5

You're not suggesting that Porsha should feel free to drop her pants and start twerking with the kids around, are you?

Why not? It is just dancing.

Maybe twerking could loosen up Kim and her hubby.

• Love 4

I'm glad someone brought this up.  I have noticed this and it pisses me off because the implication is that no straight man or non cheater would want to be with a famous black woman, and then it goes to, "no straight man or non cheater would want to be with ANY black woman."  

I'm confused by this.  Are there a lot of examples where this has happened with famous black women?  I could point to many examples of famous white women who have husbands that were rumored to be gay.  And they were.   

The thing is in the entertainment industry, the practice of bearding has been going on for many, many years.  And despite how evolved we all think we are, there's still a lot of fear for people in the entertainment industry on coming out and as a result losing roles.

• Love 3
So I finally watched the first 15 minutes of this episode. I have only one thing to say: If Porsha thinks that's a good Jamaican accent, ("Oooh, my Jamaican accent is ON POINT!"), I have a reality check her. No. No, it's not.

If you want to see a truly offensive Jamaican accent and stereotype...you should see Cynthia in Kenya's never picked up pilot "Life Twirls On".  I think that was the time i first really started to dislike her a bit.  That shit was not funny.

• Love 8
One thing that HAS baffled me though. She had men buying her $80,000 handbags and chasing her. But was a damn fool & sugarmomma over that butter face man boy Duke. And hooking up with Oliver who isn't exactly a gentleman or working overtime to romance her. So what gives?

They're willing to appear on the show?

Because they are very much married to other women....

Except that this was a accusation brought by Clawdia in an effort to shame Porsha.  There was no actual evidence that she ever dated a married man.  However, if you hit her site, you will notice she does spot modeling for various fashion companies by wearing their clothing, accessories, purses, shoes and the like and then letting people know where to buy them.  That is how she gets to have all those things.

• Love 1

Except that this was a accusation brought by Clawdia in an effort to shame Porsha.  There was no actual evidence that she ever dated a married man.  However, if you hit her site, you will notice she does spot modeling for various fashion companies by wearing their clothing, accessories, purses, shoes and the like and then letting people know where to buy them.  That is how she gets to have all those things.

Thanks for setting the record straight.

I thought that she got a car from one dude or was it fake too?

Except that this was a accusation brought by Clawdia in an effort to shame Porsha. There was no actual evidence that she ever dated a married man. However, if you hit her site, you will notice she does spot modeling for various fashion companies by wearing their clothing, accessories, purses, shoes and the like and then letting people know where to buy them. That is how she gets to have all those things.

She specifically told her friend and cast mate Kandi that her rare Birkins were bought by her suitors. This was mentioned on more than 1 episode.

This is what I was talking about and hope I was clear in my post. Are you saying that Kandi lied or Porsha models for Hermes on her site?

• Love 2

If Porsha is getting this stuff just to advertise it, then good for her.  I remember she had an $80K purse that did not look like a fake (I am not an expert at spotting fake designer rip offs).  That seems very high end for someone like her. 

I wonder if her reputation for being kept by a wealthy man is what is really keeping interested guys from wanting to date her?

She really should set the record straight on all of that.

You also probably should not be carrying around an $80K purse unless you're married to Jay Z and performing at the half time show in the Super Bowl...but, if she can afford it or gets it for free somehow...more power to her.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 4

I just visited the site and all of her endorsements appear to be for small clothing and makeup brands.  Nothing on the level of Birkin, or even close.  So, if she is sporting 80k handbags its probably not a freebie from anyone for promoting high end products on her site.  But if you're looking for something from Lulu's boutique, the Porsha Williams website is the place to go!

• Love 3

I just visited the site and all of her endorsements appear to be for small clothing and makeup brands. Nothing on the level of Birkin, or even close. So, if she is sporting 80k handbags its probably not a freebie from anyone for promoting high end products on her site. But if you're looking for something from Lulu's boutique, the Porsha Williams website is the place to go!

That's not how it works. It wouldn't be listed on her site. Celebs get product sent to them so they can be filmed/photographed with it. The company name wouldn't be listed anywhere.

That's not how it works. It wouldn't be listed on her site. Celebs get product sent to them so they can be filmed/photographed with it. The company name wouldn't be listed anywhere.

That would maybe make some sense if you're talking about A-list celebrities like Angelina Jolie or Jennifer Aniston, or Viola Davis, or Kerry Washington, or Brittany Spears.  No one is sending Porsha Williams an $80,000 bag in the hopes that it will raise their stock in the luxury goods community.  Porsha is not that type of celeb, but she is a great fit for freebies from Lulu's boutique.  Other than that...not so much.

Edited by RCharter
  • Love 5

Kenya made me like Kim, whom I had decided was the worst. She handled that bat-shit crazy well, I must say. So there is a plus to being super boring and stuck-up. Kenya must surely be on some medication for her mental disorder(s) that she forgot to take before going on that trip. It reminded me on when she went to a party during her first season and mocked Phaedra with her outfit. And the "gone with the wind fabulous" freakout she had on another trip. There are so many melt-downs to choose from with her. And it´s so sad, I don´t hate her, she´s just ill and can´t control herself. 

Kim and her family though... I´m not a fan. Taking her kids on the trip was such a Kim move, and it´s just annoying. It´s like she´s saying "see, I´m such a good mother that I don´t go on a trip without my kids" - it´s totally passive-aggressive with her and not just some principle. I was so hoping Porsha would turn it even more up with the sex talk on the bus, and have Kim frantically screaming at the driver to stop, so she could protect the kids.

• Love 3

I feel so sorry for Kim's oldest boy.  First, he goes to D.C. to hear that crazy loon of a politician talk about how no one likes black boys and now he has to hear salty talk he has no business hearing.

In other words, Kim, taking your boys on these trips does not make you look like a good mother.  The D.C. one I could understand, but not Jamaica.

• Love 1

You know some kids like staying with their grandmas or aunties or spending a weekend at their school chum BFF friends house. Why does Kim refuse to do that?

It's been public knowledge Kim is over 200 grand in debt and I guess dragging her kids on grown folks outings is how she can afford to bring them places. But it wasn't professional.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 2

That would maybe make some sense if you're talking about A-list celebrities like Angelina Jolie or Jennifer Aniston, or Viola Davis, or Kerry Washington, or Brittany Spears. No one is sending Porsha Williams an $80,000 bag in the hopes that it will raise their stock in the luxury goods community. Porsha is not that type of celeb, but she is a great fit for freebies from Lulu's boutique. Other than that...not so much.

I don't know what Porsha gets and that wasn't even my point. My point was that it doesn't make sense to look on a celeb's website for that kind of arrangement because those agreements are typically informal.

I don't know what Porsha gets and that wasn't even my point. My point was that it doesn't make sense to look on a celeb's website for that kind of arrangement because those agreements are typically informal.

You can look on Porsha's website and see that her promotion of products is through her website.  Which is what AgingGoth had initially said.  Perhaps that's not how other celebrities do it, but that is exactly how Porsha's "arrangements" work.

Edited by RCharter
  • Love 2

In your professional opinion , what would be a typical deal for a celebrity like Porsha?

Just now watching this episode. After watching Kenya getting into Kim's space and trying to pull her seat out, I now understand why Porsha physically dragged her ass during the reunion when she pointed that scepter in her face.

Kenya has the capacity to really bring out the worst in anyone. She really is the Brandi of this show; poisonous, petty, and a nasty person in general.

• Love 2

Kim and her family though... I´m not a fan. Taking her kids on the trip was such a Kim move, and it´s just annoying. It´s like she´s saying "see, I´m such a good mother that I don´t go on a trip without my kids" - it´s totally passive-aggressive with her and not just some principle. I was so hoping Porsha would turn it even more up with the sex talk on the bus, and have Kim frantically screaming at the driver to stop, so she could protect the kids.

I think Kim suffers from acute separation anxiety when she is away from her kids.  I've known a few people like that.  They fear that their kids will somehow suffer some tragedy if they aren't with them at all times.  I wonder if her kids have ever spent time with Kim's mother or sister.  I'm kind of disappointed that we aren't being treated to seeing the rest of her family on the show.  I would love to know what her mother is doing now and what kind of relationship Kim has with her.

• Love 2

I think Kim suffers from acute separation anxiety when she is away from her kids.  I've known a few people like that.  They fear that their kids will somehow suffer some tragedy if they aren't with them at all times.  I wonder if her kids have ever spent time with Kim's mother or sister.  I'm kind of disappointed that we aren't being treated to seeing the rest of her family on the show.  I would love to know what her mother is doing now and what kind of relationship Kim has with her.

There's always kim's second season.

I don't think she's gonna have one.

There's always kim's second season.

I'm starting to wonder if this was all part of some giant plan.  Kim gets out of debt, and gets her name out there (maybe she starts getting some work in Christian based media).  Bravo/Andy Cohen generate buzz for the 8th season, and teach Nene an important and valuable lesson in humility and her opportunities (or lack thereof) outside the show.  She comes crawling back, with significantly less leverage than she had before and knowing exactly where her bread is buttered.

If there was some evil plan like that...it would be diabolically genius.  And I think Andy Cohen is a diabolical genius, so I don't know.

• Love 3