Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E13: Jamaican Beef Catty

• Start Topic

Sometimes I feel like any man who marries a famous black woman gets labeled as gay or a cheater-and I do wonder why.

I'm glad someone brought this up.  I have noticed this and it pisses me off because the implication is that no straight man or non cheater would want to be with a famous black woman, and then it goes to, "no straight man or non cheater would want to be with ANY black woman."  

I truly detest Kenya but I almost feel bad for her as she's being thrown under one helluva bus this season. I did enjoy watching it as I think she's a bully and just unlikable but she's being manipulated by the producers, IMO. Maybe the ratings were down or they panicked about not having any OG girls besides part time Sheree. But it seems they made a decision to take down Kenya and she's playing into it. I'll bet she's the only one who doesn't know.

I don't think Kenya is stupid.  When you go on one of these shows,  you are there to play a role and it's the role the producers assign to you.  I think Kenya knows this is her last shot.  The woman was Miss USA twenty years ago and nothing really came out of that, she never got the career Vanessa Williams got (though I think in Williams' case, the scandal helped her); she never married a baller or a businessman.  So here is Kenya Moore in her mid forties trying to make a name for herself, trying to become a brand.  She probably looked at Nene and thought, "I'm better looking than she, if she can get a network gig, surely I can too."

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 11

Feline Goddess, on 01 Feb 2016 - 7:29 PM, said:

She actually did mean "consumate" as she was talking about all the couples getting busy later, which is why she didn't include herself.

Yes, consumate is when a couple has sex... but when you are talking about being the first couple to have sex in a place... it's called 'christening'.   Like... When you move into a new house and you want to 'christen' each room, by getting busy in each room.

• Love 6

I find the implication that Kim's husband is gay completely unamusing. Just like I found it really inappropriate when Kenya made that little comment to Phaedra about an AIDs test. I don't know what it is about some people that they find it entertaining to speculate about the sexuality of others.

• Love 8

As for Kenya, I think the meltdown is the realization that this is going to be her turn to burn this year (yet again).  She knows the reason Cynthia never touched base again was that production instructed her not to (just as I suspect she never got the memo about the first meeting and then was instructed to pretend she had a last minute conflict).  She no doubt was told that any discussion about the commercial would be held in Jamaica, and that her peach was on the line to stand up to Cynthia over it.  

Then NeNe walks in. 

That's why she looked so defeated.  Looking around the table, everybody's coasting except her, Sheree, who's busting her butt to get her peach back, and Cynthia who's busting her butt to keep hers.  Real Cynthia would have had a lot more to say about Kenya's behavior than she did -- she didn't because she knew it was Kenya's assignment, just as hers was to both propose and jilt her on the project in the first place.  

It's weird to watch people who don't particularly want to fight with each other fighting with each other. 

I agree with this.  I don't think Cynthia and Kenya actually want to be fighting.  I think they both know they have to play by production rules though. 

I'm over Cynthia's boohooing already though and it hasn't even happened.

Amen.  If anything is tired, it's this show.  Same stuff over and over.... BUT Bob Whitfield?  That was a plot twist.  I would have liked a better explanation than co-parenting.  I watched the Iyana show they were on and they hated each other.

.....children who are grown and not on the trip (™ Porsha Williams).  Lol.

Feline Goddess, on 01 Feb 2016 - 7:29 PM, said:

She actually did mean "consumate" as she was talking about all the couples getting busy later, which is why she didn't include herself.

No shade, she probably did, bless her heart and we can usually figure her out from context, but her modification is off.  It's not possible to consummate a room.  Based on whatever other wackass rules exist about animate verbs modifying inanimate nouns, it also shouldn't be possible to christen a room, but this is why I'm grateful I didn't have to learn English as a second language.  It sucks the first time.

• Love 5

Someone online did speculate that about Kenya.

Not really about Kenya but on any of the many housewives cities or seasons has there been an out lesbian?

There was a lesbian on OC who Tamra was pretending to be interested in I think.

Kenya tried to out Kordell too in Mexico at a time when Porsha wasn't trying to be "messy."

Edited by jinjer
  • Love 3

Kenya tried to out Kordell too in Mexico at a time when Porsha wasn't trying to be "messy."

The one season wonder witch on BH (name escapes) was constantly implying that she and her female nanny had something going.

The one season wonder witch on BH (name escapes) was constantly implying that she and her female nanny had something going.

• Love 2

Why can't Cynthia EVER stand up to any of these women?  She just comes off so passive all of the time...with the other housewives, with Peter, even with her mom and sister.  She could have shut Kenya down pretty quickly: "Look, you didn't come to the pitch meeting and didn't make any efforts to contact me about your ideas.  I was out of time and I believe Kim can do it.  She prefers to work alone.  Sorry, not sorry."

• Love 11

This is not intended as a defense of Kenya, but there have been rumors about Kordell from way back from when he was playing. However, my hometown of Pittsburgh was and still can be pretty provincial. It wouldn't surprise me if the rumors started because people were calling him gay because he was a mediocre quarterback.

• Love 1

Kim is still a breath of fresh air -- NOT wearing make up all the time, being focused on her family, taking her career seriously, acting PROFESSIONAL, not physically fighting. What's wrong with showing more women on TV with some decorum. 

You might see these women somewhere on TV, but you ain't nevah gonna see them on Andy Cohen's Bravo. Unless women are acting out the worst stereotypes of their gender (or being attacked by women who are), he couldn't be less interested.

Edited by VioletMarx
  • Love 5
Kenya isn't the only one questioning Kim's husband sexuality. Peep Phaedra in that very preview calling him "sassy," which is a pretty gendered term and which I have to believe Phaedra chose quite deliberately. Additionally, how many words have gone to discussing Nene over the years as it regards homophobia? How many for Porsha, who's been quite blatant with it?

I thought Nene's comments telling Chris to "Read, Honey" and saying in her talking head that he "was nothing nice"  were oozing with insinuation.

Edited by SpringTulips
  • Love 2

This is not intended as a defense of Kenya, but there have been rumors about Kordell from way back from when he was playing. However, my hometown of Pittsburgh was and still can be pretty provincial. It wouldn't surprise me if the rumors started because people were calling him gay because he was a mediocre quarterback.

I live in a neighboring area, more west central Pa and I remember the talk. It started because of the bars/establishments he would frequent, not that any 1 person (guy) came forward and claimed they had an affair/encounter with him. The rumors also started at the height of his popularity as THE Steelers QB, not when that popularity faded. I have no idea if he is gay, straight, bi or whatever and I could care less about his sex life. Kenya claimed Kordell was gay and she claimed that Walter was gay as well, it is 1 of her go to's in order to hurt/humiliate someone she dislikes/hates.

• Love 7

I didn't mind Kim bringing her children with her for this trip but I got annoyed with Porsha and the others for not toning down their conversation with children present.

I didn't mind it one bit.  Kim brought small children on an adult, couples vacation without even asking anyone.   That was what was inappropriate.  She chose to bring them to an inappropriate place, now she can deal with the fall out from that.  She knows what these trips are about.  The other women should absolutely not be expected to censor themselves because the almighty Kim Fields doesn't have to play by the rules.

• Love 24

It annoys the crap out of me when people drag their kids places they clearly don't belong. Kim and her separation anxiety gets on my nerves. I'm also not a fan of her husband. When she was replaying the scene with Kenya for him she had a weird look on her face when she thought she had displeased the little guy. Also, is she not allowed to swear in front of him? I find him a little creepy and possibly controlling.

I felt the same way.  I'm assuming he was playing up for the cameras a bit but that whole conversation was...odd.  She seemed so contrite and a little ashamed at even getting upset and then seemed so relieved when he got upset too at the end.   My money is on the guy being seriously controlling with a raging Napoleon complex.

• Love 7

I felt the same way.  I'm assuming he was playing up for the cameras a bit but that whole conversation was...odd.  She seemed so contrite and a little ashamed at even getting upset and then seemed so relieved when he got upset too at the end.   My money is on the guy being seriously controlling with a raging Napoleon complex.

Kim's husband sounded all about the Broadway actor that he is listed as being.  The tone of his voice was like he was speaking in a stage play.  There are moments that I like him and then there are other moments that I give him the serious side eye.  I actually cringe every time they show that preview where he's doing that little hip-poke dance.  He's not much to look at but they seem like they love one another and I admired how he was ready to defend his lady.

• Love 3

It annoys the crap out of me when people drag their kids places they clearly don't belong. Kim and her separation anxiety gets on my nerves. I'm also not a fan of her husband. When she was replaying the scene with Kenya for him she had a weird look on her face when she thought she had displeased the little guy. Also, is she not allowed to swear in front of him? I find him a little creepy and possibly controlling.

That's interesting.  I don't get controlling from him more than that their marriage dynamic has intentionally purposeful stuff in it and they really stick to it.  Like that don't go to bed mad rule or we will raise our children like this rule.  It looks like they have a this is how we demonstrate respect for each other rule, I will not use profanity in front of my wife nor will she in front of me.  Actually now that I think about it, her reaction makes sense if they're saved.  Their pledge would include doing whatever they need to do to uphold two strings of a *sacred* union. Christian wives aren't supposed to curse at all and that uh oh mouth cover move looked like she'd forgotten for a minute that she carries a pocketbook bible lol.  Again, if they're saved, the look on his face wasn't about him not wanting her to cuss, but it would be the duty of a God-led man to remind his wife of her duty if she slips up. 

• Love 14

Yeah, it was probably more of "this is not what Jesus would do" moment.  However, the way KIm seems so codependent on him feels strange, though that might be more of her problem then his.

I know it could look bad to some people on the outside.  Kim goes through a divorce and another actor, who might be talented, but is not on the same level of fame that she is, comes in and then she can not be two seconds without him.

Kim even admitted that the reason she was so messed up in Miami was that she could not stand being at a romantic location without her husband.

I love my husband and kids.  However, if someone offered to pay me tons of money to go to a beautiful location for a couple of days, I would be doing the George Jefferson dance of happiness. 

I am still on the fence about her husband.  It was one thing for Kenya to call Cordell gay.  Heck, even Porsha strongly implied he was gay after their divorce, but to call a married man gay just because he defended his wife against your nasty insults, makes her look bad.

• Love 7

That's interesting.  I don't get controlling from him more than that their marriage dynamic has intentionally purposeful stuff in it and they really stick to it.  Like that don't go to bed mad rule or we will raise our children like this rule.  It looks like they have a this is how we demonstrate respect for each other rule, I will not use profanity in front of my wife nor will she in front of me.  Actually now that I think about it, her reaction makes sense if they're saved.  Their pledge would include doing whatever they need to do to uphold two strings of a *sacred* union. Christian wives aren't supposed to curse at all and that uh oh mouth cover move looked like she'd forgotten for a minute that she carries a pocketbook bible lol.  Again, if they're saved, the look on his face wasn't about him not wanting her to cuss, but it would be the duty of a God-led man to remind his wife of her duty if she slips up.

Thanks for the explanation ZM. I didn't understand the Tootie Ramsey "there's going to be trouble" look. Maybe that's it.

• Love 1

Kenya is alarmingly jealous of Kim.  Kenya's first inclination was to kiss Kim's ass and when it was clear that Kim was not nearly as impressed with Kenya as Kenya was with her, Kenya's next go-to behavior was to find every fault of Kim's and make it into a huge production.

Look, I find Kim tedious.  She is what I call "a particular church bitch" (we can get into the characteristics of said sister, if necessary).  The carrying of books in purses on a trip where turn-up is imminent.  The "I can't be without my husband" wail.  The bringing of her kids on a grown folks' trip.  (I would've been Porsha to the bullshit.  This is a GROWN FOLKS' trip.  People will be doing the grown folks and talking about it.  If your children shouldn't be privy to such behavior and conversation, you should've left their little asses home).  I would've showed up to the "beatless brunch" with all of Sephora on my face and dared her to say shit.  I think it's just as shallow to believe that women who wear full faces of makeup on a daily basis are insecure or vapid as it is to think that women who wear none don't care about their appearance or aren't making an effort.

That said: Kenya is on some shit.  She showed her entire (weirdly shaped) ass.  I don't care what your mama did or didn't do to you.  You are a fully grown woman and one who is capable of behaving in a civilized manner or else your career wouldn't have reached the heights it has reached.  The unconcealed nastiness is beyond.  Kenya is not to be borne.  Whatever issues she had about the commercial's production credits should've been taken up with Cynthia and without Kim present.  The stank face, the vitriol, the baiting of Kim were all unnecessary. And I'll tell you right  now - there isn't enough Jesus in all of heaven (forgive me Lord, but we both know how I am) that would've kept me from snatching Kenya bald if she had pulled that yanking the chair out stunt with me.  And don't bother telling me Kenya simply pulled the chair back.  She yanked that chair - hard - with, I believe, full intention that Kim should be at the least, humiliated, and possibly hurt, at the most.

I was one of those who said I understood Porsha dragging her ass when she put that scepter in her face and I haven't changed my position.  If Kenya had done to me what she did to Kim, her ass would've been in the ocean.

^^ Love all.  and

could we please?  :D  - mods this is research, it helps us delve into the mystery that is Kim Fields Martin.

• Love 4

could we please?  :D  - mods this is research, it helps us delve into the mystery that is Kim Fields Martin.

I'm with ZaldamoWilder on this one. Let's delve into it!

Edited by Darva6
  • Love 4

She is what I call "a particular church bitch" (we can get into the characteristics of said sister, if necessary).  The carrying of books in purses on a trip where turn-up is imminent.  

*whispers* I took 3  books with me to a resort in Jamaica last month *whispers*.

I gotta defend Kim here. There is literally nothing better in the world than throwing yourself into a lounge chair poolside at 8am, putting in an order for rum punch and instructing the waiter to keep 'em coming, diving into that novel and remaining there all day with short bathroom and food breaks. Y'all are buggin'. The turn-up is real! My SO and I got more reading done in 5 days than we had in months at home. 

Edited by Rlb8031
  • Love 11

*whispers* I took 3  books with me to a resort in Jamaica last month *whispers*.

I gotta defend Kim here. There is literally nothing better in the world than throwing yourself into a lounge chair poolside at 8am, putting in an order for rum punch and instructing the waiter to keep 'em coming, diving into that novel and remaining there all day with short bathroom and food breaks. Y'all are buggin'. The turn-up is real! My SO and I got more reading done in 5 days than we had in months at home. 

bwaaaaaaaaaah!! you better shut up but keep talking tambout the turnup is real......with a Kindle in your purse lmao!  I love it.

I'm with ZaldamoWilder on this one. Let's delve into it!

delve! delve! delve! delve!  :D

• Love 3

I didn't mind it one bit.  Kim brought small children on an adult, couples vacation without even asking anyone.   That was what was inappropriate.  She chose to bring them to an inappropriate place, now she can deal with the fall out from that.  She knows what these trips are about.  The other women should absolutely not be expected to censor themselves because the almighty Kim Fields doesn't have to play by the rules.

See I understand the sentiment but at the end of the day no matter what ADULT made a wrong call the reality was in fact that children were present so what should ultimately take precedence is the situation at hand. Now am I condemning the women to hell for their lack of decorum, not really but it's still understandable that their lack filter results in criticism and side eye. You don't just go Oh well, they shouldn't be here so it's on them to hear all the raunchiness that's about to come out of my mouth and really. One bus ride with toned down or coded talk isn't the end of the world and won't ruin the whole trip. So being able to turn up on the bus when you've got a whole vacation still ahead of you is more important than shielding children from things that are too grown for them? Really? Okay sure it is Kim's responsibility however she made a bad call and in doing so put the others in a place where decisions need to be made. Turn up or tone it down. 

They had every right to be annoyed with Kim, like the way Kenya shouted it out in her TH but when all is said and done whether you're happy with imposition or not it has been put before you and yes I do give the side eye to those who decided it was more about them than it was about respecting the fact that unfortunately children were present. I mean, not cool, annoying and all that I feel their pain but what are they 12? Oh hell no you gonna do you regardless cause it was Kim's fault, blah blah blah? At that point it ain't about Kim in ain't about grown folk who will ultimately be just fine turning the dial down from 100% fool to maybe 75% it's about these kids who don't need to be hearing what these heiffers were going on about.

Now don't get me wrong, I doubt those kids were traumatized or anything I'm just challenging the idea that NO consideration WHATSOEVER should have been made cause oh me oh my it's such an imposition. It's not for all that. Whether or not they should have been there is moot cause sadly, they were so using the fact that they shouldn't have been there isn't enough of an excuse to keep me from giving them the side eye for disregarding their presence and conducting THOT business as usual. Be annoyed, throw Kim shade, whatever but acting like being able to take it to 100 instead of 75 and proceeding to do so, is more important than these kids being there and witnessing there antics???? Nah, not the way to go for me cause it ain't that serious, the disappointment ain't that deep and there were going to be plenty more opportunities to get their party on so nope. Uh-uh sorry.

• Love 4

I also got the dynamics of Cynthia and Kenya after reading her blog  about what went down with the "mercial."  She states as follows

“At the beginning of the meeting,” shared Cynthia, “I was hopeful that the three of us could figure out a way to work together on THE ‘MERCIAL. I didn’t realize how bad the tension had gotten between Kenya and Kim until I sat down with them one-on-one. As business women, both of these ladies have strengths that I admire and value. We watched Kim grow up in the industry and I love Kenya’s creativity – which would make them (in my mind) a dynamic duo. Obviously, that vision never came to fruition.”

Cynthia placed the blame on Kenya for the meeting going the wrong way, “I felt like Kenya brought personal issues she was having with Kim to the meeting and was feeling ‘some type of way’ about me not giving her another opportunity to pitch her concept.”

“When I worked on Life Twirls On, it was business and I was professional. I was surprised that she did not show me the same professionalism for my project,” said Cynthia. “At the end of the day, whether Kenya decided to be involved or not, I would have welcomed her support.”

what I got from this is that she considers both ladies her good friends but she sees Nene in a much different light than she sees Kenya.  Nene was her ride or die friend where Kenya appears to even make her time with or supporting Cynthia more about Kenya herself.  That can get tiresome and one could see the cracks in their friendship earlier on than just this trip.  She now realizes that Kenya doesn't really support her as much as she supported Kenya.

Edited by Aging Goth
  • Love 2

Agreed, why is it that dedication to one another gets so much side eye in this day and age and I don't even think being saved has to be involved in order to respect the obvious devotion they BOTH have to their family and union. There is nothing wrong with implementing a code of conduct and introducing guidelines, standards of behavior into a home if it creates the stability, structure and trust that builds their secure reliance with one another. I find it refreshing to see it done as beautifully as they've shown us so far.

• Love 5

See I understand the sentiment but at the end of the day no matter what ADULT made a wrong call the reality was in fact that children were present so what should ultimately take precedence is the situation at hand. Now am I condemning the women to hell for their lack of decorum, not really but it's still understandable that their lack filter results in criticism and side eye. You don't just go Oh well, they shouldn't be here so it's on them to hear all the raunchiness that's about to come out of my mouth and really. One bus ride with toned down or coded talk isn't the end of the world and won't ruin the whole trip. So being able to turn up on the bus when you've got a whole vacation still ahead of you is more important than shielding children from things that are too grown for them? Really? Okay sure it is Kim's responsibility however she made a bad call and in doing so put the others in a place where decisions need to be made. Turn up or tone it down. 

They had every right to be annoyed with Kim, like the way Kenya shouted it out in her TH but when all is said and done whether you're happy with imposition or not it has been put before you and yes I do give the side eye to those who decided it was more about them than it was about respecting the fact that unfortunately children were present. I mean, not cool, annoying and all that I feel their pain but what are they 12? Oh hell no you gonna do you regardless cause it was Kim's fault, blah blah blah? At that point it ain't about Kim in ain't about grown folk who will ultimately be just fine turning the dial down from 100% fool to maybe 75% it's about these kids who don't need to be hearing what these heiffers were going on about.

Now don't get me wrong, I doubt those kids were traumatized or anything I'm just challenging the idea that NO consideration WHATSOEVER should have been made cause oh me oh my it's such an imposition. It's not for all that. Whether or not they should have been there is moot cause sadly, they were so using the fact that they shouldn't have been there isn't enough of an excuse to keep me from giving them the side eye for disregarding their presence and conducting THOT business as usual. Be annoyed, throw Kim shade, whatever but acting like being able to take it to 100 instead of 75 and proceeding to do so, is more important than these kids being there and witnessing there antics???? Nah, not the way to go for me cause it ain't that serious, the disappointment ain't that deep and there were going to be plenty more opportunities to get their party on so nope. Uh-uh sorry.

It isn't about ability though.  All of them are certainly capable.  On principle, it's about the expectation of consideration she did not reciprocate.  She said I wish somebody would say something to me about it (bringing the kids).   So not only did she understand she was kind of in violation of trip etiquette, she was fully prepared to be defensive if questioned about it.   None of those women had any input in her decision to bring the kids, none of them should be expected to modify their behavior as a result of it.  That's like bringing my baby to see an R rated movie and being upset that she heard stuff that was R rated. 

• Love 14

Also the fact that she didn't react to what the women were saying (although her husband sort of) so she was fully aware of what would be going on and I am sure the kids were briefed beforehand to ignore any of the banter between the other adults.

• Love 1

It isn't about ability though.  All of them are certainly capable.  On principle, it's about the expectation of consideration she did not reciprocate.  She said I wish somebody would say something to me about it (bringing the kids).   So not only did she understand she was kind of in violation of trip etiquette, she was fully prepared to be defensive if questioned about it.   None of those women had any input in her decision to bring the kids, none of them should be expected to modify their behavior as a result of it.  That's like bringing my baby to see an R rated movie and being upset that she heard stuff that was R rated. 

The movie is already pre-determined and not changeable and again I have no problem being mad a Kim's attitude and even letting HER have it. But, I just can't get on board with any idea that behaving any ole' way in front of kids is justifiable because of their mother's lack of consideration. That's the behavior that I'm criticizing. So I've been put in a tough spot because of someone else's trifling behavior doesn't mean I'm not supposed to make the necessary decisions based on the situation I'm actually in. The integrity of the situation calls for there to be filters implemented and I expect responsible adults to do just that REGARDLESS of whether those circumstance were forced upon them cause at the end of the day it's about those kids. Now granted I ain't no saint and I hardly doubt these women scarred those boys for life. It's just that I think the principle is getting a bit confused because of the nature of Kim's attitude over it and the disregard SHE displays but all that is no fault of those boys and decisions on how one should conduct oneself in the presence of children shouldn't be based on KIM'S behavior.

Kim brings her kids to my house to drive them to school but fails to provide a car seat. Do I proceed to drive with them in my car without seats or do I take it upon MYSELF to run inside MY home and dig out mine to use? Or decide, hell no I'm not driving with these kids in my car without the proper safety in place?  It's ultimately up to me to proceed in the way I find fit not just continue on as if my decisions DON'T affect these children just because oh well their mother should have known better and it's not on me.

Again Kim's kids I'm sure are fine and I don't think that one bus ride runs that deep. I just challenge and side eye how immature these women chose to handle having these kids on this bus. As much as Kenya gets on my nerve I applaud how she did throw shade TO KIM about them kids being on the bus in her TH and about how she was forced to censor herself on the bus cause well she recognized that when all is said and done the kids were there. What else are ya gonna do? Oh that's right cut to Phaedra and Porsha doing them regardless. I mean it's all good, nobody died but I reserve the right to look down on them for how they decided to proceed. Kenya for all her faults managed it so I mean.....

And here's where the "particular church bitch"ness comes into play, for those of you who wanted to delve.  Full disclosure: I am a church girl.  Born, raised, Christened, baptized.  Usher Board, choirs, worship teams, liturgical dance, Women's Day committee, Young Adult Ministry board member and some more stuff.  Daddy is a minister.  Okay?  I know whereof I speak.  There are church girls/women and "particular church bitches".  A particular church bitch is adamant that when she enters your space, your holiness quotient should raise by 100.  Ain't 'bout to be nothin' but Jesus.  We must be upright, holy, sanctified.  It's a book in my purse not because I'm a bookworm but because I know y'all 'bout to act up and I'm staging a silent protest.  I'm inviting you to eat brunch at my house while *not wearing makeup* because I want to see your inner beauty (read: Don't come in here tarted up like the Whore of Babylon).  I can't be without my husband (read: I'm clutching my pearls because I fear there's lust demons about).  I bring my children everywhere, not for their edification and education but because I believe that their presence will influence the way you behave.  A particular church bitch is giving you sanctified side-eye.  She is the one who is constantly muttering about how she will pray for you whenever you do something she deems out of hand.  (Phaedra does a good imitation of a particular church bitch but the world has too many pleasures for her to walk away entirely.)

Just because this was a magical depiction and love each and every translated example and also cause I loved the term Holliness quotient.

I still love Kim though and don't think she THAT bad (sorry, I don't, Hee!) but still this was just a deliciously hysterical read. Absolutely two thumbs up!!

• Love 1

I honestly don't think Kim is *that bad*, either, but that's because I'm used to particular church bitches, so though they chap my ass, I can respond with humor and compassion.  Most of the time.  I would roll my eyes at Kim and keep pushing, behaving however I wanted to behave.  But Kenya can't do that.  She just *must* respond and do so in a way that makes everyone around uncomfortable.  While Kim is annoying, Kenya is obnoxious about it.

• Love 9

Yes, consumate is when a couple has sex... but when you are talking about being the first couple to have sex in a place... it's called 'christening'.   Like... When you move into a new house and you want to 'christen' each room, by getting busy in each room.

I'd hate to be the woman charged with christening a ship! ;-)

Thanks for the explanation ZM. I didn't understand the Tootie Ramsey "there's going to be trouble" look. Maybe that's it.

That's how I saw it, too. Kim caught herself getting all worked up over Kenya's antics when telling her husband what happened.

• Love 3

That's interesting. I don't get controlling from him more than that their marriage dynamic has intentionally purposeful stuff in it and they really stick to it. Like that don't go to bed mad rule or we will raise our children like this rule. It looks like they have a this is how we demonstrate respect for each other rule, I will not use profanity in front of my wife nor will she in front of me. Actually now that I think about it, her reaction makes sense if they're saved. Their pledge would include doing whatever they need to do to uphold two strings of a *sacred* union. Christian wives aren't supposed to curse at all and that uh oh mouth cover move looked like she'd forgotten for a minute that she carries a pocketbook bible lol. Again, if they're saved, the look on his face wasn't about him not wanting her to cuss, but it would be the duty of a God-led man to remind his wife of her duty if she slips up.

Nailed it. I don't see fruity or controlling. I see a saved, churchy, probably Baptist couple. His scenes are part Broadway, part Sunday morning call and response and her whole steelo is yeah I'm saved and sanctified but don't try me LOL.

Look, I find Kim tedious. She is what I call "a particular church bitch" (we can get into the characteristics of said sister, if necessary). The carrying of books in purses on a trip where turn-up is imminent. The "I can't be without my husband" wail. The bringing of her kids on a grown folks' trip. (I would've been Porsha to the bullshit. This is a GROWN FOLKS' trip. People will be doing the grown folks and talking about it. If your children shouldn't be privy to such behavior and conversation, you should've left their little asses home).

Yaaasss to the church bitch! What's funny is that Porsha kinda was that woman, minus the bible, on her first season. But now the real Porsha has been delivert and thank goodness for it.

• Love 9

Nailed it. I don't see fruity or controlling. I see a saved, churchy, probably Baptist couple. His scenes are part Broadway, part Sunday morning call and response and her whole steelo is yeah I'm saved and sanctified but don't try me LOL.

Yaaasss to the church bitch! What's funny is that Porsha kinda was that woman, minus the bible, on her first season. But now the real Porsha has been delivert and thank goodness for it.

You wrong as gold teeth for delivert.  Since we're shaming the devil might as well admit that technically I guess this would be more Kordell than Porsha.

Allow me to add myself to that number.  I've never been happier.  I got cuter, too.

Hallelu!

• Love 3

Just wanted to add, I've been meaning to call Kenya out on her commercial BS since the show aired. Commercial directors do not show up at a shoot with 1) no idea what the concept is; 2) no idea what has been provided in terms of budget, crew, support, etc; 3) no shooting schedule or location information, especially not if they are shooting a commercial for any semi-legitimate business. She knew when she got her ass on the plane that she wasn't going to be in charge of anything but the drama for that commercial. Now if it had been the Cardi B Pawn Rite shoot, then yes, Pookie n'dem would have been rounding up cousins, play cousins, aunties, and that girl with the fat ass on the morning of the shoot and expecting Kenya to pull it all together. But for any grown folks commercial, a director would expect and request way more than Kenya had which was "Cynthia is shooting a commercial while we're down here".

• Love 9

That is a nice quality about Porsha is that she flies off that handle too much and has some anger issues and problems with impulse control BUT she don't get bitter and she moves on. She don't hold a grudge or feels sorry for herself. But then again why would she? She's beautiful and young and has a lot of irons in the fire career wise.

One thing that HAS baffled me though. She had men buying her $80,000 handbags and chasing her. But was a damn fool & sugarmomma over that butter face man boy Duke. And hooking up with Oliver who isn't exactly a gentleman or working overtime to romance her. So what gives?

• Love 3

That is a nice quality about Porsha is that she flies off that handle too much and has some anger issues and problems with impulse control BUT she don't get bitter and she moves on. She don't hold a grudge or feels sorry for herself. But then again why would she? She's beautiful and young and has a lot of irons in the fire career wise.

One thing that HAS baffled me though. She had men buying her $80,000 handbags and chasing her. But was a damn fool & sugarmomma over that butter face man boy Duke. And hooking up with Oliver who isn't exactly a gentleman or working overtime to romance her. So what gives?

Well its kinda easy to smile and move on when you're the one snatching weaves and waving hands. I mean when you're the aggressor what is there really to hold a grudge against? Being provoked? Well sure but it's usually in the best interest of the person who went the extra mile in the wrong direction NOT to hold grudges and try to play nice after the fact. Ya know, damage control and all that. So yeah, I really don't have much interest in Porsha one way or another but I lean towards not liking her cause with all of her light, breezy behavior she's also quick to jump on the mean girl bus whenever any of these woman decide to stop and let her on. She likes the whole gossipy, kiking bullshit, highfiving high school nonsense any and all times that sorta scenario presents itself and it doesn't matter who the subject is. She loves being in the peanut gallery FO SURE and then don't know how to act when someone calls her immature ass out, (ya know in between twerks).  So yeah, I'm not too impressed with her lightheartedness cause that lightheartedness plays a part in how she likes to be "unbothered" by those who ain't feeling her two faced ways.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 6

First, I will admit to feeling "a way" about this on-the-surface tropical paradise, knowing what I know about what lurks on the flip side. I can't blame folks though, I was allaboutit for years myself. I just know too much now and do not enjoy when it pops up on my teevee fairly regularly as a girl's trip or free giveaway, I either have to skip episodes all together, or forward through most of it if I'm trying to follow a storyline. So I maybe missed some things between lots of fast-forwarding and straight muting some shit to only touch on the conversations. Luckily watching it many days later means not lifting a finger, 'cause the work here is done:

I can't even get a handle on what it was that I watched. Kenya was doing the absolute most with the absolute least. How could she even be mad at Cynthia for going with Kim's idea when Kenya didn't even show up to the pitch meeting? That's not how it works, boo. That's not how any of it works. Although, I don't know why Cynthia even thought there would be an actual working relationship between Kim and Kenya in the first place. But Kenya was out of line for even going over to Kim's chair to pull it out or whatever.

Kim can't be getting much, she owes $212,000 in taxes she never paid when she came on this show. That we know of, there could be more debt not yet reported.

I would have been completely annoyed if I turned around and saw a flock of brats piling on the bus for what was sold to me as a couples trip.  I don't want to have to tone down my behavior for your kids.  That's what Disneyland is for.  As inappropriate as these ladies can be, I'm surprised Kim didn't have the bus pull over on the side of the road while she dragged her kids off as she clutched her pearls.

Kenya lemme holler at you for a second girl.  You rewound every iota of sympathy you'd amassed from when we could see that your mama wasn't shit.  I, had turned in your direction and offered you the sign of peace.  You know how major a feat that is?  You can tell from reading these boards that a bitch hated your ass and I squoze out a couple beads of sympathy.  Out of control, rude, impetuous, immature and super loose cannony.  Way out of proportion for the conversation being had.

I saw you on WWHL tell the people you when you saw that episode you were deeply ashamed of your actions.   But even if only for an act, you're like wild west, Jerry Springer panelist boundary less.  It's not fun to look at and if Porsha was too old for it.....baby.  Ooh, while we're on that, quit trying to beast poke Kim, if she's 50, at 2.5 years apart, so are you.  Knock it all the way off.

You know for somebody who took such glee in making Cynthia look like Jennifer Jason Leigh for even coming up with a friend contract, Nene was doing the most to protesteth the idea that Kenya was in fact Cyn's BFF. 

Y'all know I've been much more lenient on Kenya because I've never found Phaedra's or Porsha's or Nene's reaction to her remotely in line with her (Kenya's) actions. Like, I've felt there was some insecurity on their parts, which led them to do the absolute most as soon as it involved Kenya. And if you're talking about the excuses these women have made regarding men damn near getting physical with Kenya, it's a wrap as far as I'm concern.

That said, I cannot find it in myself to even look for reasons why Kenya was being such a beast to Kim at that sit-down whatever with Cynthia. I'm looking at Kenya the same way I've looked at the other women when it comes to their reactions to her: The shit that Kenya pulled at the table with Kim was so far across the line that even I'm like, "What is wrong with you?!" While I wish that Kim would just leave this show because I've found her condescending, there's no reason in the world Kenya should've been touching anything that Kim was sitting/leaning/squatting on.

Thank all of y'all, ma'ams. Kenya, Kenya, Kenya. I never was so much pro-Kenya as anti-gang up, and anti-y'all are hypocrites. But you did yourself no favors here. Maybe she was reacting to being pushed aside by Cynthia in favor of Kim, but whatever, doesn't even matter. Keep your shit together, girl. You don't have to pour your rejection issues all over every situation. Take a page from Billy Dee, and stop letting people see you sweat. I'm glad you're ashamed, you should be.

I've been watching #BlackLove on FYI and am pleasantly surprised by the professional black women featured.   

I like Monet, and I'm on Season 3 of Married at First Sight. So it doesn't all have to be fighting housewives for me. I tried to be there for #BlackLove, because, black love. I started out DVRing, then just catching it, then not even bothering. Because I just can't with relationship woes; it's one step forward, two steps back every week (to me). All the NYC scenery porn and "hey they're a block away!" scenes shot in Harlem aren't enough to keep me in. But if you're in a relationship phase, it's probably a very good show for that person. The people are pleasant and professional. Yeah, there's some active thirst in one, but still good TV. For some.

Again, if they're saved, the look on his face wasn't about him not wanting her to cuss, but it would be the duty of a God-led man to remind his wife of her duty if she slips up. 

He'd better hope Jesus doesn't follow him on Twitter.

Edited by SnarkKitty
  • Love 6
First, I will admit to feeling "a way" about this on-the-surface tropical paradise, knowing what I know about what lurks on the flip side. I can't blame folks though, I was allaboutit for years myself. I just know too much now and do not enjoy when it pops up on my teevee fairly regularly as a girl's trip or free giveaway, I either have to skip episodes all together, or forward through most of it if I'm trying to follow a storyline. So I maybe missed some things between lots of fast-forwarding and straight muting some shit to only touch on the conversations. Luckily watching it many days later means not lifting a finger, 'cause the work here is done:

I understand.  The place was your thing for a while and now you know too many truths to enjoy it. 

However, think about being paid money to go there to spend some time with your man.  Also, we are talking about " a lot" of money.  Boss level CEO of successful, but small company money.

You would have to deal with stank ass Kenya pulling out you chair and coming for you, because she could not be bothered to show up to a meeting. 

That could be a deal breaker.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 2

I understand.  The place was your thing for a while and now you know too many truths to enjoy it. 

However, think about being paid money to go there to spend some time with your man.  Also, we are talking about " a lot" of money.  Boss level CEO of successful, but small company money.

You would have to deal with stank ass Kenya pulling out you chair and coming for you, because she could not be bothered to show up to a meeting. 

That could be a deal breaker.

I don't begrudge the 'Hos, or anyone else who didn't have my experience. But for me (and my hub), there's not enough money in the world for us to step foot ever again. Like, they could shower us with millions of duty-free dollars and we'd be "Yeah, we good."

Back here in the states though, I'd take that boss money to deal with Kenya! I actually pity her. She can't ever seem to be satisfied with any gain she makes. That said, I would cut Kenya six ways from Sunday with my tongue if she tried me, but I wouldn't physically engage, even with a chair pull. She's not important enough to get me to come out of myself. I'd be embarrassed to even say I was in a fist fight (that didn't involve a threat to my kids) as a grown woman.

• Love 3