Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

I vaguely remember watching Y&R back in the day but one guy kept singing 'If' every day to one of the sisters and so I stopped for 25 years.

New boy is cute - maybe Dummer went trans in a ripped from the headlines story cause this show NEEDS another Newman(Add Seinfeld inflection)

• Love 4
3 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

People are guessing Kyle. Not a bad choice if it is.

It say's his name is Zach. You think it will really be Kyle instead?

I'd rather it be Chance. Genoa City could use a living Chancellor.  There are too many new characters right now. One of these newcomers should be a re-cast for a legacy character. We would already be invested in them.

• Love 2

Does the age really matter anymore? Phyllis was just cast 15 years younger. Phyllis used to spar with Jill when Billy was an infant. Now she and Billy look the same age. Between all the SOARASing and re-casting many of them are way off the mark.  I try not to think about it anymore, it was driving me crazy for awhile.

Zach looks about the same age as the guy who used to play Chance they don't need to age him up. Phillip III has been away so long he could be re-cast a good 10 to 15 years younger too.

• Love 4

It's been a while since I've watched YR, I think JT is a terrible actor and recasting him as Billy was a huge fail. One of the litmus tests I use for recasts is, Can I picture the prior actors in the same storyline, so if The Staff and Billy Miller were still in the roles, their 'relationship' would be an abomination. Which, yeah.

I mean, Phyllis was battling the Bug back in the day for Danny Romalotti when Billy Abbott was born, he's damn near the same age as Daniel for fuck's sake. They should've just brought GT on as a brand new character for all the sense her storylines are making compared to the character's actual history. It's completely ridiculous and insulting to long time fans. I get SORASing babies but de-SORASing a major character of the last 20 years? Big mistake. Huge.

• Love 19
5 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Several soaps sites are reporting that the new male character's name is Zack. If he turns out to be this uncle Kendall keeps speaking of, I will laugh so hard...

Didn't even think of that angle! Good one! Devon was talking about getting back into the music industry so it's entirely possible. 

• Love 5

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/awards/soap-stars-then-and-now/ss-BBAp88W?li=BBnb7Kz

This is fun to see 40 great soaps stars then and now.  I'm counting 13 that have been on Y&R of which 7 are still on the show today.

Eric Braeden looks better to me now than his younger version...You got that!   

ETA:  Which one of these 40 is no longer in the acting profession but an American minister in Huntersville, NC?

Edited by dbklmt
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, dbklmt said:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/awards/soap-stars-then-and-now/ss-BBAp88W?li=BBnb7Kz

This is fun to see 40 great soaps stars then and now.  I'm counting 13 that have been on Y&R of which 7 are still on the show today.

Eric Braeden looks better to me now than his younger version...You got that!   

ETA:  Which one of these 40 is no longer in the acting profession but an American minister in Huntersville, NC?

Marci Walker is that minister, I believe.

• Love 4

The only thing worse than brown-nosers are the people who like to be brown-nosed.  CBS needs to step in and do what's good for the show as a whole.  Smooth operators with small but vocal fan bases aren't going to do anything positive for Y&R.

• Love 14

GT is a fine actress and I hate to think she has to resort to being a kiss ass.

The state of soap opera and lack of jobs on just four soaps is what it is I guess.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, rcc said:

GT is a fine actress and I hate to think she has to resort to being a kiss ass.

The state of soap opera and lack of jobs on just four soaps is what it is I guess.

All true, but still. I wish she'd have some damn dignity. She isn't a complete talentless hack like that girl who plays Steffy on B&B, so I can imagine she'll find work once Y&R ends.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Hey Petunia, how is our favorite little Yorkie?

He's being so cute! Tomorrow I work a lot so he'll be at his grandma's then Tuesday he has a play date with Rose a basset hound pal. I got her some toys and treats. No one has ever loved food as much as a basset hound. 

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Now it's evident why GT is the fair-haired girl all of a sudden. (She won Outstanding Lead Actress.) And how the eff did that kid from B&B win over PB?

Word on SC winning. Although, I thought Billy Flynn would win. Bergman is always good but he should do an Oprah and pull his name out of the running. He has enough Emmys. I think GT deserved her Emmy since she had to work with Eric Braeden. That's hazard pay. Yikes!!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Now it's evident why GT is the fair-haired girl all of a sudden. (She won Outstanding Lead Actress.) And how the eff did that kid from B&B win over PB?

They wanted a record breaking night.  It was either him or KSJ. Clifton had the weakest reel. It's a real shame he won that. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Peter was robbed, dammit.

ISWYDT ??

But yeah. I was certain Bergman was a shoo-in to win. Although, Clifton is now the first actor to have won in all three acting categories, so there's that.

That said, at least I'm sure SC had something worth putting on an Emmy reel. I dunno what KSJ had.

• Love 3
(edited)

Happy for GT. Sad for PB. And can't believe SB actually won with the bad acting he gave this show.

Meh for GT, sad for PB, and disgusted about SB. SB's win smells fishier than trout left unrefrigerated for three days in mid-July. That Miami Vice stuff was a joke but I bet he submitted something from when he learned the truth about Christian. Those scenes had Emmy reel written all over them. Whatever, I'll refer back to my earlier comments about bribery and backstage dealing by TPTB... ?

SC had something worth putting on an Emmy reel.

It had to have been the Cabin of Sexual Assault Trying to Pass as True Love stuff, right? That's when he had to act brain-damaged enough to believe he was married to a woman who'd previously been on a long campaign to wreck his life. Ugh. One of the reasons I stopped watching B&B.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Anna Yolei said:

But yeah. I was certain Bergman was a shoo-in to win. Although, Clifton is now the first actor to have won in all three acting categories, so there's that.

I actually like SC, so I'm not that mad. Hee. I just think PB single-handedly saved one of the most shitty, horribly written storylines Y&R has ever attempted. And honestly, at this point, I'm surprised he even got that type of emotional reaction in the face of The Most Beautiful And Hot And Amazing Cheaters You Will Ever See On Daytime.

• Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

I actually like SC, so I'm not that mad. Hee. I just think PB single-handedly saved one of the most shitty, horribly written storylines Y&R has ever attempted. And honestly, at this point, I'm surprised he even got that type of emotional reaction in the face of The Most Beautiful And Hot And Amazing Cheaters You Will Ever See On Daytime.

I haven't watched B&B in years but I was watching when Scott Clifton first came on the show as Liam and he was a good actor. His initial story of trying to find who his biological father was (Ridge, Thorne or Bill) was well done. And his subsequent story of getting to know the winner of the WTD DNA tests was also pretty good especially since it turned out to be $Bill (Doug Diamont), who was one of the show's more interesting and well acted characters.  Unfortunately,  after that Liam got caught up in the awful Steffy-Hope merry-go-round of broken engagements and failed weddings. I stopped watching B&B soon after that.  So, although I am sorry that PB lost, at least he lost to someone like SC and not Steve Burton which would have been a real travesty.

Edited by Desperately Random
  • Love 10

I just watched the clip of GT winning. The camera going to a shot of MS when GT was giving her speech is the best thing I've seen from the Daytime Emmy's in years. Shame MS wasn't nominated, her face would have been a picture losing out to GT.

• Love 9

SC very convincingly portrayed a waffle on Bold & Beautiful. It's a wonder he isn't constantly dodging hungry diners who want to pop him in a toaster and then slather him with butter and syrup. He is just that damn good. And! He's one half of a repellent pairing, giving hope to Jason Thompson that he too can snag an Emmy playing an annoying douche romancing a total asshole. 

• Love 15
(edited)
56 minutes ago, evenstephens said:

I just watched the clip of GT winning. The camera going to a shot of MS when GT was giving her speech is the best thing I've seen from the Daytime Emmy's in years. Shame MS wasn't nominated, her face would have been a picture losing out to GT.

hopefully, somewhere, sometime, a pic of it will surface..

ETA: i think i changed my mind.  i'm really not interested in ms..at all...

Edited by valleycliffe
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

He's one half of a repellent pairing, giving hope to Jason Thompson that he too can snag an Emmy playing an annoying douche romancing a total asshole. 

"We're on it." -Mal Young and Gina Tognoni 

• Love 9
(edited)
33 minutes ago, valleycliffe said:

hopefully, somewhere, sometime, a pic of it will surface..

You could tell me this was a mother with her award winning daughter, and I wouldn't question it.

Edited by evenstephens
  • Love 20

With only four soaps on the air today, they have to nominate everyone. Hence, RJ from B&B. If you have to nominate that loser just to have someone on the roster, these soaps are in deep shit. I remember when the Soap Opera Emmys were on prime time, there was some mystery and drama about who would win, the women wore beautiful gowns and this awards show was worth watching. Now, it's not even televised because NO ONE CARES. 

• Love 6