Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, evenstephens said:

I know, but I'll take any chance to be shady to MS! 

And let me support you FULLY in your mission!

• Love 12
12 hours ago, evenstephens said:

You could tell me this was a mother with her award winning daughter, and I wouldn't question it.

MS may only be 8 years older than GT, but she looks way more, and this is exactly the reason why I cannot accept GT in the role of Phyllis. She does not look like a contemporary of Bug and Danny Romalotti. At all. Takes me completely out of any story with Phyllis because I was a faithful watcher back then and remember her storylines.*

*It goes without saying that JT's Buttbiscuit is also in no way, shape, or form, the real Billy.

• Love 13

Out of idle curiosity I took a look at one of those people's twitter feeds. It told me everything I needed to know. This show will never get rid of Victor because he's the kind of man their core audience believes in regardless of the heinous things he does. It would seem EB has good reason to feel secure beyond whatever dirt he's likely got on someone important at CBS.

• Love 9
(edited)

Gina looks younger in that picture holding the Daytime Emmy than she does on the show. I also think Michelle Stafford looks great. One problem is since the Billy hook-up it is as if Gina is playing Phyllis younger than her (GT's) actual age against folks like Ravi and Billy.  Sure, MS played Phyllis a little younger too but GT playing even younger yet is just too big of a jump for the character itself. I'm okay with Christine and Phyllis (and Nina if she were around) remaining vaguely 45ish.......the problem is when Michael and Lauren try to imply they are ALSO in that bracket LOL!

Edited by JasonCC
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, JasonCC said:

Gina looks younger in that picture holding the Daytime Emmy than she does on the show. I also think Michelle Stafford looks great.

Yeah, honestly I think the both look really good & look similar in age, I don't see mother/daughter at all.

• Love 4

Dead at them giving him Bella, only for him to end up leaving. Let Kevin disappear so Esther and Gloria can battle it out in court for custody. Having said that, we'll likely just get another DNA swap fiasco so Billy can yet again father a child that he won't care for.

• Love 8

Liz Hendrickson is back on set taping Kevin's exit story. It's rumored that Chelsea tracks Chloe down in Louisiana. Apparently a "Dr Harris" played by Ron Melendez helped Victor release Chloe from the psych ward and he's been hiding her. I guess Chloe is still under his care and Kevin goes to see them. Not sure how this plays into his exit but it's likely they all leave together.

• Love 7

I'm not surprised that they are done with Kevin since they never seem to know what to do with him. He seemed more like Chloe's brother, so I was never into them as a couple. I thought Kevin & Jana were cute. But honestly that's the last time I cared about him.

What's odd is that they are letting us know so early. If someone is let go, don't they usually tell you after they're done taping?

Does this mean Victor tampered with the DNA test and Billy is the father after all? Victor hates Billy with a passion, and messing w/him & DNA tests is right up his alley.

• Love 5

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I  like Kevin. A lot. He's one of my favourite characters. He can't leave. He can't. Kevin leaves and Billy stays? FML.

• Love 13

Okay, not a Kevin fan, not by any means, but I'd SO MUCH rather him stick around than, say, ButtBiscuit or Cane, or, I dunno, many others.  GR could do more with the role than Show has ever let him. 

I hope, then, that he takes Bella with him and disappears, not leave her behind for ButtBiscuit to ruin and ignore.

• Love 17

I like Kevin, depending on circumstances.  I really liked him with Jana, HATED him with Chloe, and was mildly interested in seeing him as a single dad.  But I really really like the Baldwin family dynamics, especially with Gloria in the mix.  Scotty was adding an interesting balance to the family, too.  They aren't the aristocratic Abbotts or the inbred Newmans or the dour joyless Winters...they're a nice counterpoint to the canvas, and Kevin is an integral part of that.  I'm a little disappointed... 

• Love 23
(edited)

I'm sorry to see GR go. I always thought he was one of the better actors on the show. One of the main reasons I am sorry to lose the character is because he is not a Newman or an Abbott. Show does not need to lose long time characters that are not related to the Newmans or the Abbotts. Kevin has always been a secondary character and Show needs those to help dilute the incestuous pool that GC has become.  I think there is still a lot they could do with Kevin if they were willing to make the effort to write for him.

And I agree with those that said that they would much rather see JT go than GR.

Edited by Desperately Random
  • Love 18
(edited)

So glad I don't watch this stupid show anymore.  It's losing one of its better actors.  Who next? PB? Stupid, stupid Show.  One scene that GR did that sticks in my head and showed some real talent was the time he, Michael and Fen were stuck in the apt/condo during one of GC's perennial black outs and GR was having anxiety/panic/claustrophobia.  Without hysterics or arm flailing or nostril flaring, he nailed it.  I was as close to tears as I'd ever be watching a tv show.  #fucky&r

oh, yeah, I agree that JT should have been the one to go.  And GR given a raise and a better story line.

Edited by MollyB
because it can't be said enough.
  • Love 20

Chippie, we hardly knew ye.  I will miss Kevin, the character.  He was a "go to" guy for so many Genoa City denizens, whether for good (Delia), evil (Phyllis) or both (Katherine).  Loved his interactions with his family.  GR is indeed one of Show's more talented performers.  Kevin and Daniel's friendship was a highlight.  Kevin hated every incarnation of Billy.  Any enemy of ButtBiscuit is a friend of mine.  Vaya con Dios, Kevin and Greg.  #stupiddecision

• Love 22

On a side note, we can never have Daniel back.  Not even a recast.  Now that Phyllis has been deSORASed and orbiting Planet ButtBiscuit she cannot have a son Daniel's age and she cannot be a granny.  Billy and Daniel are almost contemporaries and Lucy's presence would force Show to rehash Phyllis:  The "Man Up" Years and that ain't gonna happen.  As far as the new regime is concerned, it never happened.

• Love 17
(edited)

Heh, if Reed, Nessa, and Nikki ever get their band going they should calll it the Inbred Newmans. (But Lannisters are still pointing and laughing at the Newmans.)

I could take or leave GR and I've never been a fan of Kevin's. However, it is bad to see a solid veteran performer let go while certain other over-hyped and under-talented cast members remain to keep stinking up the place. <coughjtcough> #sorrynotsorry

Who next? PB?

If and when that happens I'm done with Y&R once and for all.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 12

Why did TIIC bother having Kevin pay ransom to America's enemies in the Middle East and save Scott, insert Kevin in the Adam Go Boom SL with Chloe, make him Bella's father, have Gloria go through the angst of her past failure as a mother and promise to do her very best to support Kevin and Bella? Who's going to do Paul Williams' computer/hacker projects at GCPD? Who is Michael going to bail out of trouble every seven months? Who's going to be Mariah's best friend when Kevin leaves town? TIIC are going to have Kevin take Esther's only grandchild out of town; what more personal disappointment is that woman supposed to endure? Cutting a single man out of the limited population of GC isn't smart.

Letting GR go is short-sighted by the new regime. 

• Love 23
2 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Who's going to do Paul Williams' computer/hacker projects at GCPD? 

Letting GR go is short-sighted by the new regime. 

Not only that, but who is going to be assigned the task of shoehorning Paulie into his Tightpockets with Kevin gone?  Cricket's exoskeleton isn't strong enough, Heather, even with her manhands couldn't manage it and had to leave town and lil' Ricky took a bullet to get out of it.  Even Nina went into hiding.  Kevin  had a deft hand with the shoe horn and axle grease.....Poor Paulie, even with his handy dandy holster harness just can't really be Mary Williams bouncing baby boy without the Tightpockets.

"Some men are born to greatness, others are squeezed into it".

• Love 19
(edited)
14 hours ago, Artsda said:

This sucks, stupid decision Y&R. 

And possibly exiting with psycho killer Chloe is not a good exit.

This seems totally short-sighted to me. I guess Gloria's next to leave (which won't surprise me because I thought they brought her back for just short stint anyway and she's only on a recurring basis at that). Which begs the question: why couldn't GR have been designated as recurring? This doesn't make any sense in the overall scheme of things. This show is, unlike GH and Days, not cast-heavy.

14 hours ago, Desperately Random said:

I'm sorry to see GR go. I always thought he was one of the better actors on the show. One of the main reasons I am sorry to lose the character is because he is not a Newman or an Abbott. Show does not need to lose long time characters that are not related to the Newmans or the Abbotts. Kevin has always been a secondary character and Show needs those to help dilute the incestuous pool that GC has become.  I think there is still a lot they could do with Kevin if they were willing to make the effort to write for him.

And I agree with those that said that they would much rather see JT go than GR.

I always enjoyed Kevin as a character and I cannot imagine Michael and Lauren only interacting with Yanni Baldwin now. He's been gone so fucking long he was irrelevant to anything that's happened in more than twenty years, though he's nice to look at but they aren't spreading him around enough for my taste and he shouldn't be shoved onto Sharon pronto just because she's manless now. There are several other young - read more age appropriate - women who are nearer his age (or what should have been his age) than Sharon whose own daughter is (or should have been) his contemporary, as is Abby. I don't get it.

At every turn it seems in the last couple of weeks, MY and SSM are definitely on the wrong track. They're beating about in the bushes without compasses, topographic maps and bereft of any clues. #SAD.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 11
32 minutes ago, Toomuchsoap said:

At every turn it seems in the last couple of weeks, MY and SSM are definitely on the wrong track. They're beating about in the bushes without compasses, topographic maps and bereft of any clues. #SAD.

One would think that after blowing contractual differences with Billy Miller, and subsequently losing him, the ptb might have learned something and given a little more thought and a lot more concession to letting a 14 year veteran go.  Look what happened when BM left. After a lot of notquitebilly casting, we got Buttbiscuit! [jesus is still weeping] Their only hope is not to recast Kevin-it could be as disastrous as the recast of Billy. #retirethechipmunk.

• Love 13

Maybe if GR had gotten nostril augmentation surgery, he would still be a viable part of the canvas. I like Kevin and am sorry to see him go. On the way out, if Kev could don his chipmunk head one more time and steal Billy's white shoe and skinny pants collection, that would be great. 

• Love 16
(edited)

So I have a question for people who may know these things:

Is "contract not renewed" = fired unequivocally?  I read Steve Burton wasn't told that Dylan was being written off no matter what. Rather, the new regime wanted to adjust his pay/stature on the show to a true supporting player and he wouldn't take the new status. JFP had him in the same bracket (pay and promo) as Josh Morrow and Justin Hartley, new regime was going to fix that.

So could Greg Rikaart have "not renewed" because he was offered less? Or does that terminology mean you've been told they are writing off the character. Period.

Edited by JasonCC
  • Love 5

After a lot of notquitebilly casting, we got Buttbiscuit! [jesus is still weeping]

I ain't jesus, but I'm still weeping too. When I'm not hugging the porcelain throne.

Kev could don his chipmunk head one more time and steal Billy's white shoe and skinny pants collection, that would be great. 

I have a question that is still burning: whatever happened to Nostril's Harley?

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Toomuchsoap said:

Left nostril, wheel turned in, parked too far back to pick out.  

Long term parking.

• Love 14

Kevin wasn't my favorite character on Y&R but he wasn't the worst one by far. However, if it gets rid of the Chloe/Prictor story line, I'm all for it. I did love Nikki playing at the Underground with Tessa and Prictor watching with his snotty look at the entrance. Good for her for finding her music passion again and leaving the crypt keeper behind. If she isn't supporting him fully, he turns on her and is so hateful, snotty and insulting to the woman he professes to love. Who needs someone like that in her life? I wouldn't put up with that bastard for a New York minute.

• Love 15
4 hours ago, Toomuchsoap said:

Don't you remember?  Fonzie Abbott took Phyllis Tuscadero for a ride and crashed his bike after trying to jump over three Studebakers in Arnold's parking lot.  Phyllis walked away from the accident and anonymously called an ambulance, leaving him lying there unconscious.  Didn't he have a second coma after this accident, too? 

• Love 20
4 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Kevin wasn't my favorite character on Y&R but he wasn't the worst one by far. However, if it gets rid of the Chloe/Prictor story line, I'm all for it. I did love Nikki playing at the Underground with Tessa and Prictor watching with his snotty look at the entrance. Good for her for finding her music passion again and leaving the crypt keeper behind. If she isn't supporting him fully, he turns on her and is so hateful, snotty and insulting to the woman he professes to love. Who needs someone like that in her life? I wouldn't put up with that bastard for a New York minute.

I thought he looked like Victor Frankenstein, so proud of his "creature". Fuckin' bastard.

• Love 12
18 hours ago, JasonCC said:

So I have a question for people who may know these things:

Is "contract not renewed" = fired unequivocally?  I read Steve Burton wasn't told that Dylan was being written off no matter what. Rather, the new regime wanted to adjust his pay/stature on the show to a true supporting player and he wouldn't take the new status. JFP had him in the same bracket (pay and promo) as Josh Morrow and Justin Hartley, new regime was going to fix that.

So could Greg Rikaart have "not renewed" because he was offered less? Or does that terminology mean you've been told they are writing off the character. Period.

This would not surprise me one bit.  There was no way that Y&R wasn't footing the bill for his airfare back and forth and yet giving him a lighter work schedule.  I mean if he really enjoyed working and it was "just a job/paycheck" it shouldn't matter who the EP/HW is right?  So long as he got to keep working on his craft.  *Snort*.  

• Love 5

coffee drinker, you're referring specifically to SBu, right? I rather suspect that GR might well have been asked to take a financial hit as well. Sony Entertainment is really in financial hard times now and it's been mentioned on Daytime Confidential, as well as other places, that they're looking to cut costs at every opportunity. GR has been on the show for 14 years and his compensation has probably risen substantially over the years. They probably offered him lower guarantees (number of appearances per week/month, etc. or outright recurring status). They've left the door open for him to return periodically as I interpreted and that's the same with SBu (minus the transportation). SSM stated early on that she wanted to focus on the core characters, but that might have been more the decision of the CBS suits as a result of Sony's ongoing production cost reductions overall, which everyone realized was going to require cast cuts and comp reductions. The interesting thing, though, is that her comment about focusing on the core cast doesn't correlate with her then bringing on three new male characters (Ravi, Jordan and Scott, though I'm sure they aren't making anywhere near what JH, SBu, GR and EH were at the time of their exits).

• Love 10

McKenna Grace is playing Young Emma on this week's musical episode of "Once Upon A Time".  :)

She's also in the new movie, How to Be a Latin Lover. She plays the granddaughter of Raquel Welch's rich lady character. So she's in two movies currently in theaters. Pretty good.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, coffee drinker said:

This would not surprise me one bit.  There was no way that Y&R wasn't footing the bill for his airfare back and forth and yet giving him a lighter work schedule.  I mean if he really enjoyed working and it was "just a job/paycheck" it shouldn't matter who the EP/HW is right?  So long as he got to keep working on his craft.  *Snort*.  

With the advances in modern technology and the demands of industry, woodwork as a field has changed. Skilled fine woodworking, however, remains a craft pursued by many. SB is busy planing, sanding, and turning himself on the lathe. He hopes someday to be an armoire.

• Love 12

Quick question kind of related to contract status: you can be recurring and still get a credit/appearance in the opening montage right? Isn't Jess Walton on there sometimes and officially recurring? 

Has there been a Stich/Sean Carrigan spotting in the opening sequence? Is he still even on the show? We do need NON-NEWMAN men on the show and he was okay I felt, just like Kevin. I get it some people will leave a job if they get a demotion or pay cut. Another reason to bring back CHANCE since he has no blood ties to the Abbotts or Newmans (only the Chancellors and Fosters.....I know I know..but Jill has been flopped around genetically so much I just consider her Liz Foster's daughter. That's it.)

Speaking of Fosters: if I wrote for this show I'd see if David Hasselhoff would come back. Hear me out folks! He may have no desire, but a lot of retiring Boomers who watched this show in the 70s and 80s (my mother for one) remember Snapper. If they really want to go classic soap and do a social issue story have him show up at the Chancellor Estate to stay with his sister Jill for a while. Have it slowly, very soapily come out that it is because he lost his medical license and hit rock bottom for OxyContin pain-killer/Rx opiate abuse. It's a huge problem--especially in white, over-50 Middle America. It could be written sympathetically and dynamically. People also know of DH's own struggle with addiction/rehab.  It could also provide a post-Victor possible romantic partner for Nikki...or not. Maybe just some good story for Nikki AND Jill (with no Victor).  Nikki could empathize with addiction, certainly.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

With the advances in modern technology and the demands of industry, woodwork as a field has changed. Skilled fine woodworking, however, remains a craft pursued by many. SB is busy planing, sanding, and turning himself on the lathe. He hopes someday to be an armoire.

Or as store shelf to peddle his latest "business" product to fannies.  The booming health supplements market.  Protein whey powder, etc.  I kid you not.  

https://www.burtonnutrition.com/

11 hours ago, Toomuchsoap said:

coffee drinker, you're referring specifically to SBu, right? I rather suspect that GR might well have been asked to take a financial hit as well. Sony Entertainment is really in financial hard times now and it's been mentioned on Daytime Confidential, as well as other places, that they're looking to cut costs at every opportunity. GR has been on the show for 14 years and his compensation has probably risen substantially over the years. They probably offered him lower guarantees (number of appearances per week/month, etc. or outright recurring status). They've left the door open for him to return periodically as I interpreted and that's the same with SBu (minus the transportation). SSM stated early on that she wanted to focus on the core characters, but that might have been more the decision of the CBS suits as a result of Sony's ongoing production cost reductions overall, which everyone realized was going to require cast cuts and comp reductions. The interesting thing, though, is that her comment about focusing on the core cast doesn't correlate with her then bringing on three new male characters (Ravi, Jordan and Scott, though I'm sure they aren't making anywhere near what JH, SBu, GR and EH were at the time of their exits).

Yes, my comment was Burton specific.  There is no way Burton returns to Y&R unless someone foots his airfare and that won't happen on Mal Young's EP watch, imo.  That cushy deal was a JFP special for her dear friend SBu.  Him jumping from GH to Y&R after the lip service print interviews that he wasn't looking for other work post GH back in 2012 is proof of that.  

• Love 7
On 5/1/2017 at 5:08 PM, NinjaPenguins said:

SC very convincingly portrayed a waffle on Bold & Beautiful. It's a wonder he isn't constantly dodging hungry diners who want to pop him in a toaster and then slather him with butter and syrup. He is just that damn good. And! He's one half of a repellent pairing, giving hope to Jason Thompson that he too can snag an Emmy playing an annoying douche romancing a total asshole. 

That right there should have been the intro speech before his clips at the awards ceremony. 

• Love 6

so, i was just perusing daytime confidential and they have their new podcast out..i didn't listen to it but they always have a few hilights of what's in it.  apparently y&r has decided to re-cast adam...

http://daytimeconfidential.com/2017/05/08/2017-daytime-emmy-awards

Jamey also shares tea on Roger Howarth's contract talks with General Hospital and The Young and the Restless' decision to recast Adam Newman again.

i think they should just bring back muhney.,

• Love 12