Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

On 2017-6-4 at 6:36 PM, miamama said:

Right. After OJ soaps never fully recovered. They just had a new (lower ratings) "normal."

I think they lost around 4 mill or something outrageous.. I was pretty addicted to the trial I will admit LOL

On 2017-6-5 at 8:53 PM, miamama said:

When you're single BECAUSE you had an affair, it's kind of bullshit to claim you aren't hurting anyone

Sure they hurt someone..but life goes on. Jack has moved on so why can't they? Sure not the first sibling swap.. yet it seems that way.

• Love 5
On 2017-6-4 at 3:37 PM, miamama said:

I don't think the ratings are determined by one pairing or one character either. And no question the current U.S. political climate is pulling viewers away as @Snaporaz pointed out, but there were claims by Philly fans that the bad ratings were a result of the hateful evil horrible Sally putting the kibosh on Philly

There have been claims by all kinds of stans when the ratings are up or down so I don't take what a few stans say as anything more than wishful thinking. No couple or character makes or breaks the show.. the shit writing does tho.. and this show keeps getting worse.

10 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

the most overused one in my book is the "My poor Sharon!!!" threads

I think that board and those kinds of threads is part of the reason I despise that creature so much.

9 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

It's not new characters or younger ones that have pissed me off, but the shitty ass writing and introductions or some of them.

YUP

• Love 3

I was pretty addicted to the trial I will admit LOL

Yes, well, we pretty much all did (if we were not at work during the daytime). There was nothing else on network daytime television throughout it.

• Love 6
(edited)
11 hours ago, Toomuchsoap said:

Yes, well, we pretty much all did (if we were not at work during the daytime). There was nothing else on network daytime television throughout it.

I was the odd man out, never watched a single second of the OJ trial except for wrap ups on the evening news.  It seeped into my mind nonetheless. I did watch the recent ON miniseries with Cuba Gooding Jr. and was surprised by how much I remembered.  That was a good show.

Edited by boes
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, Toomuchsoap said:

Heh. My little brother was about four or so when the trial started and my mom finally shut it off when O.J. became the first celebrity he could name by sight ?

23 hours ago, crosby777 said:

No couple or character makes or breaks the show.. the shit writing does tho.. and this show keeps getting worse.

Absolutely this. Soaps by their nature are ensemble pieces. No one should ever eat up the show the way Victor did during the MAB years or the way the countless Friends of Jill did to various degrees.

• Love 9
14 hours ago, boes said:

I was the odd man out, never watched a single second of the OJ trial except for wrap ups on the evening news.  It seeped into my mind nonetheless. I did watch the recent ON miniseries with Cuba Gooding Jr. and was surprised by how much I remembered.  That was a good show.

The Comey testimony has been a fascinating watch this morning.

• Love 10

I was at another board and found this regarding Sharon and Victor's sex. LOL

I just went to flare.com and typed EB's name in the search bar and there was the article and what Logan posted was real. Here is a complete copy and paste below...

Then we move on to his least favourite relationship of Victor’s—and mine too: his brief marriage to Sharon, which angered many of the show’s fans.

“That storyline could have been totally different,” says Braeden. “I suggested an entirely different storyline.”

Then, without any prompting, he continues:

“Sharon is obviously very attractive, and Victor succumbs to it one night. That’s a taboo unlike any other; having sex with your son’s wife. That only happens once, and Victor is so ashamed of it that he leaves the country. Next, you see the countryside in Santorini and you hear Gregorian chants and nothing else.

Imagine the breeze. [Editor’s note: Imagine the breeze!!!!!!!]

You hear these chants in a monastery—it’s a working monastery—and you see these hooded figures and you see Victor and he’s in a hood and he’s chanting.

The next morning, Victor wakes up in his room at the monastery with sweat on his brow. He is so ashamed of having given into that momentary whim of having sex with Sharon. Paul [Williams, Genoa City investigator-turned-chief of police] flies to Greece and is looking for him, but he loses his trail. They eventually find Victor among the homeless in Los Angeles. He is despondent and distant but slowly Nick [Victor’s son, Sharon’s on-again, off-again husband] forgives him.”

This is quite possibly the best response I have ever received during an interview.

But alas, the reverie is soon broken.

“What they did with that storyline was bullshit,” concludes Braeden, reverting back to no-BS abruptness. “They really fucked it up.”

• Love 8
(edited)

Victor succumbs to it one night.

Apparently EB still doesn't get why this scenario--either the one that happened or the one he says should've happened--was offensive to many. It still makes a weapon out of Sharon's lady parts and Victor still would've looked like the victim. Ugh.

Sharon had always regarded Victor as a fatherly figure and I don't think the notion of sleeping with him would've ever occurred to her except via some EP/writer's warped imagination. And whatever, Sharon wasn't married to Nick at the time. AFAIC, the "taboo" wasn't that she was Victor's daughter-in-law, it was that she was the mother of his grandchildren. Geez, B&B already has the market cornered on that ickiness.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 13

I'm still trying to wrap my head around that entire shambles. My god. The ego of that man is breathtaking. Everything is always about him. And a monastery FFS! The thing is, though, that most of us knows he tried to pitch a Shictor union with Bill Bell back in the late '90s early 2000s and it was written about and circulated in soap rags and in the message boards that existed at the time. So there are a large number of people that don't buy this crap he's trying to fob off on the gullible about it being totally MAB's brainchild. Now, I might be able to believe that when it was apparent that Shictor was dead to the viewers and the writers had to ditch it before it unspooled any further, that he might have concocted some sort of similar loonytoons variant of this and the only thing that did emerge out of it was Victor on one of his perennial walkabouts ending up at the port of Los Angeles which we did see, complete with nun in street clothing. But 'lordy', he had to make this all about his anguish, his salvation. But boy, it's gonna get pretty crowded Up There on the right hand of God.

• Love 11

I'm not sure what that video taken by EH was supposed to be but it was so herky, jerky that it made me nauseous. And the photo of her and Kevin was so out of focus. I don't understand what that was about or why it was posted. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, crosby777 said:

I was at another board and found this regarding Sharon and Victor's sex. LOL

I just went to flare.com and typed EB's name in the search bar and there was the article and what Logan posted was real. Here is a complete copy and paste below...

Then we move on to his least favourite relationship of Victor’s—and mine too: his brief marriage to Sharon, which angered many of the show’s fans.

“That storyline could have been totally different,” says Braeden. “I suggested an entirely different storyline.”

Then, without any prompting, he continues:

“Sharon is obviously very attractive, and Victor succumbs to it one night. That’s a taboo unlike any other; having sex with your son’s wife. That only happens once, and Victor is so ashamed of it that he leaves the country. Next, you see the countryside in Santorini and you hear Gregorian chants and nothing else.

Imagine the breeze. [Editor’s note: Imagine the breeze!!!!!!!]

You hear these chants in a monastery—it’s a working monastery—and you see these hooded figures and you see Victor and he’s in a hood and he’s chanting.

The next morning, Victor wakes up in his room at the monastery with sweat on his brow. He is so ashamed of having given into that momentary whim of having sex with Sharon. Paul [Williams, Genoa City investigator-turned-chief of police] flies to Greece and is looking for him, but he loses his trail. They eventually find Victor among the homeless in Los Angeles. He is despondent and distant but slowly Nick [Victor’s son, Sharon’s on-again, off-again husband] forgives him.”

This is quite possibly the best response I have ever received during an interview.

But alas, the reverie is soon broken.

“What they did with that storyline was bullshit,” concludes Braeden, reverting back to no-BS abruptness. “They really fucked it up.”

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

God, that's the most HILARIOUS fanfiction I've ever seen penned for this fandom, ever! ????

If EB believes this was a better story than what we got, he needs lithium even more than Sharon does. The best Shictor story is the one that is never written, period. Least of all one that leads to everyone kissing Victor' s old, wrinkly ass, yet AGAIN.

• Love 10
19 hours ago, Toomuchsoap said:

Crosby777, you prankster! You are having us on, aren't you?

LOL sorry but it is just too fun.. watching the sharon stans lose their shit. LOL Some are in such denial.. Sharon fucked Victor as nasty as that is.. it is what it is. HA HA HA.. meltdowns are going on majorly over this.

• Love 3

HAHA tried to click on soap twitter last night and got this! I wonder what I said? I can't remember ever engaging with her directly although I am sure I snarked a bit back in the day.

Rowell.jpg

• Love 10
7 hours ago, JasonCC said:

HAHA tried to click on soap twitter last night and got this! I wonder what I said? I can't remember ever engaging with her directly although I am sure I snarked a bit back in the day.

LOL she blocked me too 

• Love 5
14 hours ago, JasonCC said:

Rowell.jpg

That's to your credit!

• Love 7

I am amazed it's been renewed for three years.  One year I could see... TBH, given the ratings, I thought it was toast.  The show just can't seem to get it right (though lately I have been enjoying most of it most of the time.)

• Love 7

I'm happy it's been renewed for three years! Even if I'm behind three episodes because I decided to binge watch the final season of Bates Motel this week instead of watch Y&R. I regret nothing.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, spinxella said:

oV4BxZ.jpg

I love that Buttbiscuit and his idiot harem were excluded from this photo shoot. Progress!

Ha ha! Cricket! She's on, what, 5 days a year! I know, she's a Bell, they're obligated to show her.

Honestly, when I very first saw this pic, I didn't see Brooke & Eric from B&B in the background (I know he also played Lance Prentiss on Y&R, but I didn't watch then), & I thought it was an old Y&R promo shot. Brad Carlton, original recipe Victoria Newman, Cricket, it seems like it could be from the times of yore. Irony of ironies, Cricket & Jill are the only women Don Diamont/Brad Carlton/$Bill Spencer hasn't had a relationship with. Good times!

• Love 11
9 hours ago, spinxella said:

love that Buttbiscuit and his idiot harem were excluded from this photo shoot. Progress!

Interesting that HT is over on the YR side.  I miss her still. I just cannot get into AH's version of Vikki, never could.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, nkotb said:

Ha ha! Cricket! She's on, what, 5 days a year! I know, she's a Bell, they're obligated to show her.

Honestly, when I very first saw this pic, I didn't see Brooke & Eric from B&B in the background (I know he also played Lance Prentiss on Y&R, but I didn't watch then), & I thought it was an old Y&R promo shot. Brad Carlton, original recipe Victoria Newman, Cricket, it seems like it could be from the times of yore. Irony of ironies, Cricket & Jill are the only women Don Diamont/Brad Carlton/$Bill Spencer hasn't had a relationship with. Good times!

You mean he had a relationship with Nikki?  Yikes, I missed that.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, bannana said:

I had to Wiki just to be sure, but he did. I thought I remembered them together.  Quote: "He was also briefly engaged to Nikki Newman." 

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, nkotb said:

I had to Wiki just to be sure, but he did. I thought I remembered them together.  Quote: "He was also briefly engaged to Nikki Newman." 

That's creepy, since didn't Nikki and Victoria also share Cole? 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, bannana said:

That's creepy, since didn't Nikki and Victoria also share Cole? 

33 minutes ago, bannana said:

yes, nikki and vikki shared cole, brad, and deacon too..

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, valleycliffe said:

yes, nikki and vikki shared cole, brad, and deacon too..

Deacon!  Phyllis was in on the Deacon too.

If they had ever gone there with Vic and Jack, the trio would have shared those as well.  When she returned from England, Jack was hitting on her and it was very creepy.

Now come to think of it, Brad was with Ash too. 

• Love 9

Sharon was in on the Brad lovin', too.

If you're a B&B fan, though, it ain't the first time Deacon has tagged both generations, if you know what I mean, Brooke & Bridget.

• Love 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, nkotb said:

If you're a B&B fan, though, it ain't the first time Deacon has tagged both generations, if you know what I mean, Brooke & Bridget.

I remember that storyline - Deacon was married to Bridget, but then he had an affair with her mom Brooke and she became pregnant. I remember I quit watching soon after Brooke gave birth to Hope. 

Deacon has always been messy.

Edited by ezzylin
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, bannana said:

Deacon!  Phyllis was in on the Deacon too.

If they had ever gone there with Vic and Jack, the trio would have shared those as well.  When she returned from England, Jack was hitting on her and it was very creepy.

Now come to think of it, Brad was with Ash too. 

Ashley was also with Cole.  And Stench!  Victoria and Ashley have been romantic rivals about as often as Nikki and Ashley.

• Love 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

Ashley was also with Cole.  And Stench!  Victoria and Ashley have been romantic rivals about as often as Nikki and Ashley.

Brad liked family combinations. Sisters Traci and Ashley. Mother and Daughter Nikki and Vikki. 

Edited by babyhouseman
spelling
  • Love 12
(edited)

This is the description of what you get with the Jason Thompson app.....

Follow Jason Thompson through his Official App smarturl.it/JasonThompson. Download the free Jason Thompson app now! 

Stay connected to Jason Thompson on his official app.
Do fun things:
- Check out the in-app social feed for live updates and videos.
- Boost your comments with Superstars, become a Top 3 Fan, and be seen by Jason Thompson.
- Join exciting contests for a chance to win amazing prizes like meeting Jason Thompson, event tickets, and more…
- Watch cool videos.
- Follow Jason Thompson on social media.
- Listen to the FREE built-in playlist and add more songs from your personal library, Spotify and SoundCloud.

And all that for a mere 5 bucks.....

I've always wanted to "do fun things", haven't you?

By any chance, does Jason Thompson dress up as a kitten or puppy and do cute things in these "cool videos"?

Is there some sort of a drink mix I can get to help me "boost" my Superstar comments?  Does it come in a power bar, by any chance?

And where are the ButtBiscuit recipes, I ask you?  Doth he not know his audience?

He could probably make a bundle if he'd market some sort of cleaning product that could get out any ButtBiscuit and Phyllis stains from fabric, too.  So many possibilities...

Me thinks I owe it to him to see what HE can get for only 5 dollars.....

Edited by boes
  • Love 21
(edited)

What is it with actors trying to get money from their fans? Freddie Smith over at Days of our Lives tries the same thing with his schemes.

If you want to interact with your fans than do it. Don't charge them for it.

Edited by rcc
  • Love 15