Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

He was always a fuck up, but he didn't mean to hurt others. Wouldn't it be bizarre seeing BM now playing the character again and try to watch him opposite Phyllis? That's just too strange to contemplate.

I can't see it. Nope. I mean I literally can't see it. It would make me not watch.

• Love 6

https://twitter.com/michaelmuhney

27 minutes ago, Toomuchsoap said:

Just saw a tweet from MM responding to a fan who was congratulating him on his "return to the show". He thanked her but said that there was no return to Y&R "at this time", but to keep up the positive thoughts.

Now he's added this tweet..."Believe me I know you guys are psyched to see me on TV soon.  I promise I will tell you where and when you need to tune in.  Hang in there."

On June 7th he posted a photo from NYC where I have a feeling he was auditioning for something.  Just speculating that maybe this will be what gives him a return to television and not Y&R.

• Love 2

Wouldn't it be bizarre seeing BM now playing the character again and try to watch him opposite Phyllis?

I think if BM returns, Billy and Phyllis will have already broken up or soon would after his arrival. The relationship is distasteful to too many viewers and even the Philly fans would probably withdraw their support. It was probably mainly done to give JT's version of Billy some edginess and if he's gone then why bother?

• Love 6
14 hours ago, dbklmt said:

Now he's added this tweet..."Believe me I know you guys are psyched to see me on TV soon.  I promise I will tell you where and when you need to tune in.  Hang in there."

On June 7th he posted a photo from NYC where I have a feeling he was auditioning for something.  Just speculating that maybe this will be what gives him a return to television and not Y&R.

nyc is also where sony head office is..

muhney was there a couple of years ago about returning but then it fell thru and we got jh instead..

• Love 3

Do you remember a few years back when Patty threw bug spray or some kind of garden chemical in Adam's face that blinded him? There was an interview MM gave to SOD or another, and the interviewer asked him if this was permanent, and he said, "Yes." There was no equivocation in his answer. However, that condition wasn't permanent it turned out. I don't know whether he believed it was to be permanent at the time of that interview or he just said it to not give away anything he wasn't allowed to talk about, but I keep rolling that around in my head. And I don't believe he was or is the only actor who has misled an interviewer asking specific questions about a plot point in order to preserve the secrecy of an upcoming storyline or show they're associated with.

• Love 6

I'm just gonna say, I tapped-out of Y&R right around the Philly beginning, I just check in for updates/spoilers, but if MM returns as Adam, I'm right back in. If they put him back with SC/Sharon, I'll even watch the days he's not on. 

• Love 7

LOL  if juliette is pregnant, then i hope she carries baby to term..

lily can experience what christine, sharon, vikki felt when they found out their huzzbend knocked up someone else.

i don't like lily or cane so for me, it's all good.

I don't agree with you often.. but KAPOW on this one.. I can't stand Lame Lane so I am hoping for all badness.

• Love 2
On 26/06/2017 at 6:56 PM, Lithogirl said:

Well, lets be honest. MM hasn't exactly been too busy since he was fired. His glory days as Adam Newman are far behind him. No doubt, if they ask him back he could probably start today. 

no shit.. he has nothing else.. and he will come back balls in hand and be kissing eb ass in no time. LOL poor thang

• Love 1
On 6/27/2017 at 5:31 PM, Toomuchsoap said:

The things he's now saying about the stuff coming up make me wonder if this might actually be in the works though, and it'd be a mind-blower if both BM and MM returned simultaneously.

TPTB are in a strange situation.... renewed for three more years yet sucking in the viewer department.  It might just be a big enough stunt/coup to cheer up the big offices for a day.  It might even work.  It sure would get some buzz.  

But I agree... I cannot see BM with GT or Phyllis, so I assume she'd be written onto the fast train back to Jack if this comes to something.  

• Love 5

Here's more on the rumors that Michael Muhney is returning as Adam although today he signed off tweeting for a month due to his obsession with the Tour de France that begins tomorrow.  

http://www.inquisitr.com/4326620/the-young-and-the-restless-spoilers-michael-muhney-confirms-return-tweets-then-deletes-is-cbs-censoring/

I remember seeing this tweet  but it is gone now.

Michael Muhney ✔ @michaelmuhney

Thanks for the love, Michael. Sincerely. https://twitter.com/MichaelMortime7/status/879514363400515584 …

Follow

Maria Makrostergios @makrostergios

@michaelmuhney Any timeline on the return? My mom keeps asking me!

6:41 PM - 26 Jun 2017

Retweets

6 6 likes

See that Matt Hanvey posted on his Twitter account.

Is this that site that is not really reliable with its Y&R news?

• Love 1

Inquisitr is a notorious clickbait site. They've been trading in MM gossip presented as actual news for years because apparently it has proven profitable for them. It's interesting though that EB tagged MM in a tweet about whether Adam was returning (he was responding to someone's question). If those two have reached some kind of rapprochement then all bets are off I think, especially since it looks like HK isn't returning.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, MotherInLaw said:

Interesting that with the possibility of MM returning (woo hoo!)there's been no sign of Hunter King for eons.

shush shush shush.....don't mention her name or she could appear like candyman..

• Love 13

I don't understand all the hype about Muhney possibly returning. In the grand scheme of things he is nothing to Y&R. He was a D-list actor who was on the show a few years. Hell, Adam in general is so unneeded since they burned through so many stories in such a small amount of time. Bringing either Munhey back or recasting for a third time only serves to damage the show. They need to keep moving forward and develop a NEW bad boy leading man if they want that void filled.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, KnotsLanding said:

I don't understand all the hype about Muhney possibly returning. In the grand scheme of things he is nothing to Y&R. He was a D-list actor who was on the show a few years. Hell, Adam in general is so unneeded since they burned through so many stories in such a small amount of time. Bringing either Munhey back or recasting for a third time only serves to damage the show. They need to keep moving forward and develop a NEW bad boy leading man if they want that void filled.

KnotsLanding! Will you be joining me in the UO Lounge later? We'll be enjoying Pimm's Cups and aiming things at the MM-face dartboard.

Your point about the storylines constructed around the character and the ensuing distortions of characters and overall story is a very good one. The character is extraneous at best, especially now when people are trying to rebuild the show.

• Love 8
(edited)

If those two have reached some kind of rapprochement then all bets are off I think, especially since it looks like HK isn't returning.

I dunno about a rapprochement, but there was a tweet from MM about a month or so ago and he said that some of his most powerful scenes were with EB, and they elevated his, MM's, performance. That's not verbatim, but a close approximation from memory, but he was definitely complimenting EB and it wasn't tongue and cheek or in a backhanded way. That comment followed over three years of open hostility and vicious criticism of him by EB. If there've been discussions or a decision about a possible return, the one and only way that could happen would be for those two to bury the hatchet. Bell was able to exact a truce that's been maintained by PB and EB for well over 20 years on and their original altercation was about as bad as anything I've ever heard of between actors on a show. I guess we'll see.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, pearlite said:

KnotsLanding! Will you be joining me in the UO Lounge later? We'll be enjoying Pimm's Cups and aiming things at the MM-face dartboard.

Your point about the storylines constructed around the character and the ensuing distortions of characters and overall story is a very good one. The character is extraneous at best, especially now when people are trying to rebuild the show.

Adam jumped the shark for me with the horrendous baby switch storyline.  With all that entailed, there was just nowhere for the character to go but either six feet under or off screen.  And he'd already done some pretty horrific crap before that.  There's just no coming back, at least for me, after that.

And Sharon getting all hot and bothered with him, after what he'd done to her killed my affection for her for a good long while.

Ugh to Adam, no matter who plays him.

Maybe J T can play both characters, double the loathing for half the price.

• Love 8

Bell was able to exact a truce that's been maintained by PB and EB for well over 20 years on

With the help of some lawyers apparently since there's allegedly a non-disclosure agreement in place and neither EB nor PB are supposed to discuss the incident publicly.

I scanned EB's book and he mentioned the NDA in it. He also spoke respectfully of PB in mostly professional terms. He discussed in some detail what his issues were with MM but without mentioning MM by name. What really amazed me is that he acknowledged most of the cast closest to Victor's orbit by name, including some people no longer on the show. However, he said zip, zero, nada about SC and only mentioned the character Sharon in passing as the mother of Nick's children. EB definitely knows how to hold a grudge about things that are of relatively little consequence.

Adam jumped the shark for me with the horrendous baby switch storyline.  

Me too, especially when later he all but threatened Ashley not to throw it in his face ever again. You'd think he was the harmed party. Whatever, I eventually accepted Sharon's relationship with him by deciding that if she chose to forgive him that was her right. I also considered the romance a product of her BPD.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

However, he said zip, zero, nada about SC and only mentioned the character Sharon in passing as the mother of Nick's children. EB definitely knows how to hold a grudge about things that are of relatively little consequence.

LOLOL  IMO he is very put off that sc didn't welcome the storyline...he is the star, she should be honoured...

i think in his interviews eb sees himself as being quite humble..and i view him the opposite.

• Love 8
15 hours ago, boes said:

Adam jumped the shark for me with the horrendous baby switch storyline.  With all that entailed, there was just nowhere for the character to go but either six feet under or off screen.  And he'd already done some pretty horrific crap before that.  There's just no coming back, at least for me, after that.

And Sharon getting all hot and bothered with him, after what he'd done to her killed my affection for her for a good long while.

I agree with you about Adam jumping the shark with the baby story. It's the same with Patty and other modern day villains. These writers take things too far and then want to keep them on to the point it's illogical. If you look at Adam now he's been so whitewashed it's amazing. Poor Chloe basically had to "die" as punishment for killing him. Jack is so fond of Adam and never mentions what he did to his sister. It's almost as bad as how they treat Kevin, a pedophile who preyed on young girls and gave 14 year old Lily an STD that could keep her from having kids. I'm okay with villains, but either keep them on their own side of the canvas and allow others to call them out on their misdeeds and dislike them or go balls to the walls and write them off and MOVE ON. Look at Sheila! She had a huge, huge story, but they knew it was over and her ass had to go. Lucky for Kimberlin Brown they were able to put her on B&B, but Bill Bell knew she'd run her course and let her go.

They've been casting Adam for a while so time will tell if it actually happens, but I'll keep hoping it doesn't. I don't think Sussman wants to write for him either.

• Love 7

Poor Chloe

my ass!

That shrew has hands-down been the most consistently obnoxious - and noxious - poisoned character the show has ever seen. I detested her from the first episode she appeared in and it only got worse from there.  EH is a lovely young woman and a good actress, but the character she portrays can FOAD already.

• Love 9

I'll chime in on  the UO for not being excited about Adam. It was the baby switch for me too. My dream of someone shrugging their shoulders at finding out about  what Chloe did not come true.  If it's true this will be the 4th interpretation of Adam if it's not MM?  What's this ones personality going to be? 

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, Bwill3133 said:

I'll chime in on  the UO for not being excited about Adam. It was the baby switch for me too. My dream of someone shrugging their shoulders at finding out about  what Chloe did not come true.  If it's true this will be the 4th interpretation of Adam if it's not MM?  What's this ones personality going to be? 

The backstage buzz is that this is the route they're going with the new Adam.

giphy.gif

Chelsea will recognize him immediately....

He's really starting to look more and more like his dad.

• Love 12
On 7/3/2017 at 9:46 AM, boes said:

?? to that last sentence!

Some have theorized that MAB only recast Adam to finish the story they were in the middle of when the original actor left and would have killed him off if he didn't prove to be so popular. Given the general trends of her reign, there's definite merit to that because where do you go from burning a fetus (his own would be half sibling no less, whose mother is the only person in town who had any trust in him)? I feel like so many problems with the show between '09 and 2014 would have been eliminated if he'd just been killed off (or yanno, not taken to such an extreme route to begin with).

We've already got Caveman Nick, MySon, NeverEverWillBeBilly, Canestipation and Devon filling that age range where Adam would be now. Billy in particular is doing a better job of being the entitlement brat that Adam eventually became, and we don't need another one.

• Love 8

Instead of Adam, I still don't understand why they haven't brought back Brooks Prentiss. They could easily get Janice Lynde and Jaime Lyn Bauer back and with first Restless Style and currently GC Buzz it would make sense to tie in the Brooks family since they were in the newspaper business. It would be a familiar face, but still fresh enough for them to spin the story into whatever direction they wanted to. They also could easily throw John McCook on here and there as Lance if needed. Jaime still looks good and does well on DAYS and was on Y&R as recent as 2002 so I personally think that would be a smart choice for a new leading man. I also think Keemo is waiting in the wings to be the baddest forgotten son in the history of soaps. Jack has truly done him dirty and if they brought him back the possibilities would be endless. I also feel at his age that Jack needs an older son to interact with as opposed to Kyle. I'd bring back Keemo with a child of his own or a sibling.

• Love 4
(edited)

Isn't Juliet of Japanese descent? Keemo was Vietnamese. I doubt even MAB has the nerve to try to make that work. It wouldn't be like swapping say, Italian for Spanish. ?

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 12
11 hours ago, KnotsLanding said:

Instead of Adam, I still don't understand why they haven't brought back Brooks Prentiss. They could easily get Janice Lynde and Jaime Lyn Bauer back and with first Restless Style and currently GC Buzz it would make sense to tie in the Brooks family since they were in the newspaper business. It would be a familiar face, but still fresh enough for them to spin the story into whatever direction they wanted to. They also could easily throw John McCook on here and there as Lance if needed. Jaime still looks good and does well on DAYS and was on Y&R as recent as 2002 so I personally think that would be a smart choice for a new leading man. I also think Keemo is waiting in the wings to be the baddest forgotten son in the history of soaps. Jack has truly done him dirty and if they brought him back the possibilities would be endless. I also feel at his age that Jack needs an older son to interact with as opposed to Kyle. I'd bring back Keemo with a child of his own or a sibling.

Jack did nothing dirty to Keemo. He only learned he was a father after Keemo was an adult. Then he welcomed him with open arms. Keemo was angry and reluctant at first in a particularly weak angry grown son storyline but eventually was cool with Jack and began working at Jabot. He slept with Mari Jo, Jack's girlfriend, felt terrible, then left town with zero fanfare (I think he might have left a letter behind admitting the Mari Jo thing). Jack and Keemo were on good terms at that point (when grown man no longer angry Keemo left town). There is no drama there. They could create it, of course. But Jack is guilty of nothing re Keemo based on show history.

• Love 14

I think I love MTS! But 'she's the pillar of the community and what would people say?' They'd say 'congrats on finally coming to your senses' and throw a great big damn party in her honor, that's what! 

• Love 13
(edited)
12 hours ago, miamama said:

Jack did nothing dirty to Keemo. He only learned he was a father after Keemo was an adult. Then he welcomed him with open arms. Keemo was angry and reluctant at first in a particularly weak angry grown son storyline but eventually was cool with Jack and began working at Jabot. He slept with Mari Jo, Jack's girlfriend, felt terrible, then left town with zero fanfare (I think he might have left a letter behind admitting the Mari Jo thing). Jack and Keemo were on good terms at that point (when grown man no longer angry Keemo left town). There is no drama there. They could create it, of course. But Jack is guilty of nothing re Keemo based on show history.

Weren't Mari Jo and Jack broken up? I think Jack had moved on and married Keemo's mom, Luan. I remember when Keemo was dating Mari Jo, she still had feelings for Jack, so she hired a prostitute to take her place in bed because she didn't want to sleep with Keemo. I don't think they ever slept together after that. After Luan passed away, Keemo left town, but you are right- he was on good terms with Jack. Mari Jo and Jack later back together, so Keemo sent a fax to Jack exposing all the bad shit she had done. I don't remember all the details, but Mari Jo didn't want Victor to see the fax so she ended up shooting him. 

Edited by ezzylin
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, ezzylin said:

Weren't Mari Jo and Jack broken up? I think Jack had moved on and married Keemo's mom, Luan. I remember when Keemo was dating Mari Jo, she still had feelings for Jack, so she hired a prostitute to take her place in bed because she didn't want to sleep with Keemo. I don't think they ever slept together after that. After Luan passed away, Keemo left town, but you are right- he was on good terms with Jack. Mari Jo and Jack later back together, so Keemo sent a fax to Jack exposing all the bad shit she had done. I don't remember all the details, but Mari Jo didn't Victor to see the fax so she ended up shooting him. 

I think you're right about the details re Mari Jo. My main issue though is there is no "Jack was horrible to Keemo or abandoned him" story to mine. The writers erased this chapter but even so Jack wasn't a bad father to him. He wasn't ever really a father. 

• Love 8
7 hours ago, boes said:

9 hours ago, basiltherat said:

Hell, couldn't Keemo be a GRANDPA by now?!

Maybe Juliet is Keemo's kid.  

If this was MAB, she would be.

6 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Isn't Juliet of Japanese descent? Keemo was Vietnamese. I doubt even MAB has the nerve to try to make that work. It wouldn't be like swapping say, Italian for Spanish. ?

Edited 5 hours ago by Joimiaroxeu.

Yes, she is of Japanese descent, however Laur Allen, who plays Juliet, is half-Chinese and half Caucasian.

And believe boes-MAB would have done it, she was notorious for writing the most ridiculous shit. 

• Love 5
23 hours ago, Sake614 said:

I think I love MTS! But 'she's the pillar of the community and what would people say?' They'd say 'congrats on finally coming to your senses' and throw a great big damn party in her honor, that's what! 

Lol yea MTS would be a welcome member to this forum 

• Love 11
(edited)
On 7/8/2017 at 1:42 PM, miamama said:

The fact that Jack is sitting here berating his mother for abandoning him, always talking about what a poor father Victor is and talking about how much he loves family, I think it reflects poorly that he has a son out there that is never mentioned or seen. Of course we know it's bad writing, but based on the fact he hasn't been seen and has been mentioned once or twice in the past 20 years alone gives them enough room to mine a story about Keemo feeling resentment towards Jack. The one time I do remember them mentioning him was during the LML era when Jack remarked about what a poor job he did keeping in touch with Keemo.

On 7/8/2017 at 7:07 PM, ezzylin said:

Yes, she is of Japanese descent, however Laur Allen, who plays Juliet, is half-Chinese and half Caucasian.

And believe boes-MAB would have done it, she was notorious for writing the most ridiculous shit. 

Have they ever said Juliet is Japanese? I know she is from the casting notice, but even then they cast a Chinese actress. To my knowledge her ethnicity has never been mentioned on the show. 

Edited by KnotsLanding
  • Love 6

The only way that we would know that Juliet the character was Japanese (all or part) is that she knew the protocol to deal with Mr. Sato and was accepted by him as a liaison.  If she was Chinese, etc., perhaps he wouldn't deal with her, since he is old school. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Have they ever said Juliet is Japanese? I know she is from the casting notice, but even then they cast a Chinese actress. To my knowledge her ethnicity has never been mentioned on the show. 

Yeah, I went back and read the episode transcripts from when Juliet was first introduced and when she and Cane were in Japan. She said her father was stationed in Japan and that they'd lived all over the world, which likely means he was either in the military or the diplomatic corp. Either way, Vietnam seems improbable to me. If Juliet were to turn out to be related to Keemo, IMO that would be like the show saying Asian people are all alike, interchangeable, and prone to be related to each other despite having very distinct cultures. I just don't see even CBS trying to pull that off, especially in the current social climate.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 6

Mal Young lets actors pitch their own stories?

That explains a lot. ?

That's a dangerous situation. That said, he's the EP and they pretty much deal with the actors and the production crew and they can steer the show in any direction they want provided CBS and Sony are onboard with it. Bill Bell, along with Alden-Smith were the last of the HWs who maintained (fairly) strict control of the direction the storylines. That doesn't mean the actors didn't try to influence them as we all pretty much know happened in the case of Herr Gudegast. Sometimes he got his way other times not so much.

• Love 5