Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

There are. We're not disagreeing on that point. All I said were Philly are a *part* of the problem. Actually, I'd even go as far as to say Billy himself is high, high on the list of issues. He's on way too much, has been since he first started airing, and the character hasn't paid for one damn thing since.

That survey that Sony sent out hints at them believing that, I do believe. I can't decide whether I think that's a fair assessment or not. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, miamama said:

Let's talk about the age group Billy is in.

Nick and Cane and Billy are all driving story because they SHOULD be the most compelling - and therefore leading - male characters (on the basis of age and the way soaps have always worked). But JM and DG are longtime weak actors on this show. Storywise Nick - aka the judgemental prick where women are concerned - is shacking up with his brother's widow in their marital home. Cane is a lying POS who shows no self awareness whatsoever as he whines and blames various women for his woes. Billy has been recast a million times. And this miscast version is disgusting. He fucked over his brother (played by a three-decade VET) while sneering and showing not an ounce of guilt, and now treats the woman he cheated with (his brother's two-decade love interest) like crap and is STILL PRESENTED AS THE PRIZE in a love triangle wherein the EP described one woman as representing SEX and the other as representing HOME AND FAMILY. And now this asshole is "fighting back" against his brother (????) by using his brother's elderly (and to the audience clearly unwell) mother? And doing it with a self righteous "I am Jack's victim" attitude?

THESE are your leading men and THESE are their stories, show.

Fuck off to anyone at Sony/CBS who suggests the ratings problem is two young female characters who have begun *only recently* to show a sexual attraction to each other.

THIS, times eleventy million.  

Great post, miamama, as always.

• Love 22
10 hours ago, miamama said:

And now this asshole is "fighting back" against his brother (????) by using his brother's elderly (and to the audience clearly unwell) mother? And doing it with a self righteous "I am Jack's victim" attitude?

SAY IT AGAIN! 

• Love 14

I don't know what to say about the ratings.  It could plausibly be any number of things.  I am finding the show oddly boring right now.   There are hardly any compelling characters or storylines that are must see for me.  Case in point--I didn't see the show from the opening on Friday, and when I tuned in there was Rom Com goofing around the halls of B&S basking in the apparent afterglow of "it."  Was it my imagination or was JT pretending to be zipping up his pants?  I mentally said to myself I don't want to watch this.  And I didn't.  I channel surfed and came back to the show a few minutes later.  Reed and Mattie.  Not interested.  Wouldn't mind a vibrant teen scene but that sure isn't happening here.  Left again, came back again.  Ravi and Ashley.  Why did they take this potentially interesting character and dress him like an old man, and have him act like one too?  And what a waste of Juliet.  

Show is largely background noise for me anyway, and now that the lead in show, Bold and Beautiful, has gotten just downright awful, I might as well be watching anything else.  

• Love 10

I'll take B&B's bipolar swings in quality over Y&R's near-consistent decade-long suckfest at this point. Hell, even when B&B is bad, I'll get some laughs at the expense of the poor Angora rabbit stuck playing Steffy's weave or the gusto which Don Diamont brings to his scenes with "Sky."

It amazes me Show got a THREE YEAR renewal. ?

• Love 5

If you guys want to see pictures from the Y&R Fan Event, you should check out Matt Hanvey's Twitter account- @GarbageFan98. He managed to get a few of the actors to send personalized messages/videos to their biggest fans. Matt really went above and beyond for his fellow Y&R fans- what a sweetheart!

Edited by ezzylin
  • Love 4

Yeah. I'd take those comments with as many grains of salt as there are in your shaker - or evaporating along the coast. MY is hardly rocking things with this show. Philly is not as popular as he'd like to believe and the execs at CBS are not going to continue to let him dictate things if the ratings don't show improvement. He'll be OUT as far as SSM is out now. While he had her to blame for the state of affairs, he can't doge behind that rock cover now.  This is all on him now.

• Love 7

If MY wants to "write a big love story" for ButtBiscuit and Beano, how about one where they seal their commitment to each other by jumping into Mt. Vesuvius together?  I'd watch that.  Probably twice.

And while the stench of burning ButtBiscuit is similar to burning tires covered in rat crap, it'll pass.  It's no worse than watching him.

• Love 15
3 hours ago, spinxella said:

C0ZaDo.jpg

SPOILERS from the Y&R Fan Event.

1. Three times is the charm with Faith attempting to break up Nick and Chelsea? Next ...

2. Didn't expect MM to return, but how long is the CAN secret supposed to keep? Until Victor uses CAN as the coup de grâce in his revenge destroying Nick's life?

3. Tessa and Mariah are the most interesting couple in the line up. Shit hitting fan in 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 ...

4. Same as it ever was ... The divorce didn't stop their involvement and interest in each other, and neither did veering off with Mariah and Jordan. 

5.  fridgedoor_2266_417575342.jpg

6. See number 5.

7. Juliet die in childbirth, and Lily will end up raising Cane's motherless child? <Ugg>

• Love 12
6 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

really?

LOL  ok, back to clutching at straws...

I'm not saying that those things aren't true just that I don't think much of that was said out right.

JT would never say he doesn't want Billy with Vikki. He probably implied it with all his focus on Philly and GT. He's not nuetral. 

Bryton did outright say that Hilary was Devon's true love and Hevon was gonna get back together. But is that just his opinion?  Or fact? 

PB did say that he didn't mind Philly as long as he got to work with GT, which he does.

Both JM and MCE were both eschewing any talk about Chadam and Shick. 

LA said that as far as she knows it's still Cane's baby and her character is still pregnant. 

• Love 2

Poor JT went on Twitter to deny those fan accounts. I think a lot of fans are getting a bit outta control with the implications that JT doesn't want to portray Villy or doesn't want to act opposite Amelia Heinle. I don't get the point, I don't know the point, of continuing to keep beating the idea that JT only likes GT or JT is only friendly with GT (which....LOL...what are we, 12? "Omg they're friends squeee!!! He likes her better! Squeee!!"), but it's truly pointless. MAL is doing Philly. They got what they wanted. The pettiness seems unnecessary.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

Poor JT went on Twitter to deny those fan accounts. I think a lot of fans are getting a bit outta control with the implications that JT doesn't want to portray Villy or doesn't want to act opposite Amelia Heinle. I don't get the point, I don't know the point, of continuing to keep beating the idea that JT only likes GT or JT is only friendly with GT (which....LOL...what are we, 12? "Omg they're friends squeee!!! He likes her better! Squeee!!"), but it's truly pointless. MAL is doing Philly. They got what they wanted. The pettiness seems unnecessary.

This is the kind of behaviour that separates the fans from the stans. The stans cannot seems to differentiate reel from real. I guess it's not enough that Philly is together onscreen, but they need JT to prefer GT offscreen as well. 

I remember when Scandal first started, I was a frequent lurker on the show's board over at TWoP until things got crazy. The Olitz (Fitz and Olivia) stans went from commenting on the chemistry between the two characters and insulting Mellie (Fitz's wife) to speculating that Tony Goldwyn (Fitz) and Kerry Washington (Olivia) were having and affair IRL and insulting Tony Goldwyn's real wife. When KW became pregnant, they suggested that TW was the father. That shit was borderline disturbing and it reminded me of the Phick stans that who actually believe that JM is the father of MS' daughter. 

The stans always make everything so personal and it's fucking weird. It puts the actors in an impossible position, especially when the storyline involves a triangle. The smartest thing for them to do is to remain impartial. 

• Love 8

From what I could tell it was Villy Stans who were attacking JT because they didn't get the answer they wanted from the event. It was Philly stans defending his honor, so to speak. Those same Villy Stans also proceeded to attack MY saying he hated AH. 

Now, personally, I don't believe any of that was said by MY or JT. That they felt the need to defend themselves gave it far more legitimacy. Kinda like Angelica McDaniel  coming out telling folks JT wasn't going anywhere when we all saw the survey from Sony. 

• Love 1

I know I am in my 70s and way behind the times.    But this thing with "Stans"...have we all turned into junior-high girls?  For the love of God, go out and get a life.  It is a soap opera..we can love it, hate it, or love to hate it.  But these couples on soaps are not real.  Do the actors actually believe their own publicity?  I guess they, like others, need to have a paycheck.  But fans are fickle; you participate in their hysteria you will die by their hysteria.  Figuratively speaking, of course.

• Love 22

I am of the view that EPs who explicitly state that show "is listening" and will honour Twitter fans requests bear the most responsibility for this insane soap Twitter behaviour. 

There is no self respect in this genre. No writer/actor should have to play this crap with Twitter fans (who are not *professional writers*; ratings have and should remain the way viewers are "heard" imo; and yes I also HATE focus groups).

Instead Mal has fed this. From multiple actors (I know of Cady McLain and Sean Carrigan) we have heard Y&R actors' JOBS are dependent on social media support in the Mal/JFP era. So they promote whatever they think gets traction on Twitter. 

Sure lots of fans get obsessed (film, prime time etc) and social media has given them a voice and a way to join forces with like-minded nuts. They fantasize about lots of stuff, including so and so are really doing IT. Whatever. It's weird af but harmless.

But for Mal to encourage already obsessed people and REWARD THEM BY GIVING THEM WHAT THEY WANT NO MATTER HOW STUPID THE WRITING HAS TO BE TO MAKE IT HAPPEN?????? And for actors (because their jobs are dependent on it they are told) to constantly tweet pics and push for pairings (wink, wink) among these obsessed, insane people????

It's just embarrassing to me because I'm embarrassed for the actors. It's cringe-worthy. They are playing out fanfic, in other words people's silly sex fantasies.

I guess it's a paycheque, but I sure as hell won't watch it.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 19
7 minutes ago, miamama said:

I am of the view that EPs who explicitly state that show "is listening" and will honour Twitter fans requests bear the most responsibility for this insane soap Twitter behaviour. 

There is no self respect in this genre. No writer/actor should have to play this crap with Twitter fans (who are not *professional writers*; ratings have and should remain the way viewers are "heard" imo; and yes I also HATE focus groups).

Instead Mal has fed this. From multiple actors (I know of Cady McLain and Sean Carrigan) we have heard Y&R actors' JOBS are dependent on social media support in the Mal/JFP era. So they promote whatever they think gets traction on Twitter. 

Sure lots of fans get obsessed (film, prime time etc) and social media has given them a voice and a way to join forces with like-minded nuts. They fantasize about lots of stuff, including so and so are really doing IT. Whatever. It's weird af but harmless.

But for Mal to encourage already obsessed people and REWARD THEM BY GIVING THEM WHAT THEY WANT NO MATTER HOW STUPID THE WRITING HAS TO BE TO MAKE IT HAPPEN?????? And for actors (because their jobs are dependent on it they are told) to constantly tweet pics and push for pairings (wink, wink) among these obsessed, insane people????

It's just embarrassing to me because I'm embarrassed for the actors. It's cringe-worthy. They are playing out fanfic, in other words people's silly sex fantasies.

I've never heard that actors said this. Do you have more details? When and context it was said in? 

Just now, DivaT said:

I've never heard that actors said this. Do you have more details? When and context it was said in? 

Cady wrote a blog on her website when she was on show (in her final months) where she talked about tweeting a bikini selfie and hating doing it but she was told explicitly that social media support is a huge factor in keeping actors on show so she tried to play the game. You'd have to dig it out of her website. Carrigan said it at an event so that was second hand (someone tweeted it). So no idea how to find that. 

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, miamama said:

Cady wrote a blog on her website when she was on show (in her final months) where she talked about tweeting a bikini selfie and hating doing it but she was told explicitly that social media support is a huge factor in keeping actors on show so she tried to play the game. You'd have to dig it out of her website. Carrigan said it at an event so that was second hand (someone tweeted it). So no idea how to find that. 

Wow. No words. 

Edited: I think I found it. 

https://goodmenproject.com/ethics-values/hate-game-musing-hollywood-objectifies-women-mrzs/

Edited by DivaT
8 hours ago, ezzylin said:

I guess it's not enough that Philly is together onscreen, but they need JT to prefer GT offscreen as well. 

Not even just prefer, they need them to be super buddies who spend their afternoons together.

• Love 7

I remember when Scandal first started, I was a frequent lurker on the show's board over at TWoP until things got crazy. The Olitz (Fitz and Olivia) stans went from commenting on the chemistry between the two characters and insulting Mellie (Fitz's wife) to speculating that Tony Goldwyn (Fitz) and Kerry Washington (Olivia) were having and affair IRL and insulting Tony Goldwyn's real wife. When KW became pregnant, they suggested that TW was the father. That shit was borderline disturbing and it reminded me of the Phick stans that who actually believe that JM is the father of MS' daughter. 

Yeah, it got quite bad on that forum for while. Some of the more rabid Olitzers would report dissenting posts for imagined infractions and try to get people kicked off TWOP (which wasn't particularly hard given the insane moderation but that's another story...). I want to be believe one of the reasons Shonda Rhimes turned the Olivia and Fitz relationship so extremely toxic was to shut the Olitz gang up once and for all. I'm not sure that succeeded but over here on PTV they seem to have gone underground for the most part. Odds are though that during the upcoming final season Olitz will sail off into the sunset together. Ugh.

I remember during Breaking Bad's run the Walter White stans went so hard after the actress who played his wife that she did a op-ed piece in the friggin' New York Times explaining to those morons that she and Skyler were not the same person. Because Skyler was a fictional character FGS!

As far as MY is concerned, live by the twitter, die by the twitter. Once that portion of the fanbase turns against him he'll have no where to run.

• Love 6
51 minutes ago, ByTor said:

awww shit to spoiler #1, I was looking forward to an older Faith.  Sorry to insult a kid, but she works my last nerve.

Oh ByTor, shall we gather by the river? I cannot stand the child actress, sorry folks.

• Love 5

After reading some of MY's tweets and reading some things about the Y&R fan event this past weekend, I'm absolutely convinced that MY rather than JFP was the driver of the decision to create "Philly". Absolutely convinced. Only someone who created that couple could be that invested in them. I know that JT was a particular pet of JFP's, but I suspect that the only reason they put those two together was because MY pitched the idea and JFP lapped it up. And that crap about not SORASing Faith is utter stupidity. It makes no fucking sense in any way, and I don't give a crap whether AAL is good actress and a particular favorite of the entire cast, crew and network brass. The kid needs to aged to about the age of twelve or fourteen. And using that m***** in a kid's costume to start the annual "I'm gonna make Daddy (or Mama) break up" with his/her current girlfriend/boyfriend/fiancée is mind-numbingly vacuous and boring as all out shit. It's worn out and tired as EB's Victurd has become. Why do they keep going back to the same dry hole? Over. and. over. Definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over and hoping for a different result, i.e., The Young and Restless.

• Love 13
On August 22, 2017 at 8:58 AM, miamama said:

The Twitter factor is what baffles me. How many Y&R fans are on Twitter and what percentage of them are actually tweeting about the show? I guarantee that it's not that many people, which is why I don't understand why Mal Young is even listening to them. 

Look at FB, for instance- Y&R has 1.4 million likes, but when they post the full episodes, only about 200 even bother to comment. (BTW some of those comments will make you wonder if we're really living in 2017). 

On August 22, 2017 at 10:32 AM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Yeah, it got quite bad on that forum for while. Some of the more rabid Olitzers would report dissenting posts for imagined infractions and try to get people kicked off TWOP (which wasn't particularly hard given the insane moderation but that's another story...). I want to be believe one of the reasons Shonda Rhimes turned the Olivia and Fitz relationship so extremely toxic was to shut the Olitz gang up once and for all. I'm not sure that succeeded but over here on PTV they seem to have gone underground for the most part. Odds are though that during the upcoming final season Olitz will sail off into the sunset together. Ugh.

I remember during Breaking Bad's run the Walter White stans went so hard after the actress who played his wife that she did a op-ed piece in the friggin' New York Times explaining to those morons that she and Skyler were not the same person. Because Skyler was a fictional character FGS!

As far as MY is concerned, live by the twitter, die by the twitter. Once that portion of the fanbase turns against him he'll have no where to run.

This. Thank goodness Shonda Rhimes does not give a fuck about the stans on Twitter have to say and has shut them down on multiple occasions. She does not let them dictate how the storylines will go. 

I do remember the Breaking Bad situation and those stans were pathetic - the way they went after Anna Gunn (Skyler) was really disgusting - can you say double standard? 

Mal Young needs breakdown the numbers when it comes to social media and realize that the Twitter stans do not represent the majority of the loyal viewers, they just represent the most obnoxious and obsessive, IMO.

Edited by ezzylin
  • Love 10

It's not just Y&R obsessed with Twitter traffic. The entire entertainment industry has the same obsession. Shonda Rhimes was one of the first show runners who required her cast and crew to live chat and interact during the show. Now that has become a staple for primetime shows.  I Iemember reading that Nielson had made a correlation between Twitter and demo ratings. I'm assuming that's the reason. 

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, DivaT said:

It's not just Y&R obsessed with Twitter traffic. The entire entertainment industry has the same obsession. Shonda Rhimes was one of the first show runners who required her cast and crew to live chat and interact during the show. Now that has become a staple for primetime shows.  I Iemember reading that Nielson had made a correlation between Twitter and demo ratings. I'm assuming that's the reason. 

Of course Y&R is not the only show obsessed with Twitter traffic, but Mal Young seems to  be obsessed with listening to the stans on Twitter, even though they don't represent the majority of the Y&R viewers. Shonda Rhimes, on the other hand does not care what they think and doesn't let the stans influence the writing. Case in point- killing off McDreamy from Grey's Anatomy- that character was one half of the most popular couple on the show. Shonda writes what she wants to write, whether Twitter approves or not. 

Here is Shonda Rhimes' quote WRT live-tweeting:

“I had been on Twitter for a long time and had originally used it to interact with fans and remind them when my shows were on,” said Rhimes of her own start live-tweeting. “It later became a different tool when Kerry Washington suggested that the ‘Scandal’ cast join Twitter, and I mobilized everyone to live tweet the episodes.”

She uses Twitter to "interact with fans", in no way does she let their tweets dictate the storylines. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ezzylin said:

Of course Y&R is not the only show obsessed with Twitter traffic, but Mal Young seems to  be obsessed with listening to the stans on Twitter, even though they don't represent the majority of the Y&R viewers. Shonda Rhimes, on the other hand does not care what they think and doesn't let the stans influence the writing. Case in point- killing off McDreamy from Grey's Anatomy- that character was one half of the most popular couple on the show. Shonda writes what she wants to write, whether Twitter approves or not. 

Here is Shonda Rhimes' quote WRT live-tweeting:

“I had been on Twitter for a long time and had originally used it to interact with fans and remind them when my shows were on,” said Rhimes of her own start live-tweeting. “It later became a different tool when Kerry Washington suggested that the ‘Scandal’ cast join Twitter, and I mobilized everyone to live tweet the episodes.”

She uses Twitter to "interact with fans", in no way does she let their tweets dictate the storylines. 

I think Twitter is a great tool for shows to a degree.  Sometimes, show runners should listen. When viewers told Sleepy Hollow show runners that #AbbyMillsDeservesBetter, they should have listened instead of spitefully killing her off. That led to a significant drop in ratings that led to cancellation of that show.   Maybe had Shonda listened then Scandal wouldn't have bled viewers which also led to cancellation. I'm not saying that TPTB should be held hostage by Twitter or FB or any social media. But when you've got a large swath screaming at you while ratings take a nose dive at the same time, it's never wise to ignore. 

I don't think MY let's Twitter Stans dictate anything. I think he's led by his own preferences and uses Twitter Stans to back himself up. There are plenty Stans screaming on Twitter that he manages to ignore rather well. 

• Love 7

She also uses twitter to try to fill gaps in the storylines and shape how the audience interprets the action. I feel like what's shown on the screen should speak for itself and  I shouldn't need social media Cliff Notes to understand it. I also don't need the showrunner or the actors propping dialogue or scenes that actually end up falling flat. Let me decide for myself what I think is particularly powerful or funny. Looking at you Mel, with your "master class" nonsense.

Maybe had Shonda listened then Scandal wouldn't have bled viewers which also led to cancellation

Scandal hasn't been cancelled, it's just run out of steam. And AFAIC, the Olitz premise was almost repugnant from the get go given the particular historical and racial subtext. IMO it wasn't sustainable so that's probably what led to so many storylines going full-tilt Crazytown to fill the otherwise empty space. Shonda might've done better to stick with Olivia as a smart political fixer instead of turning her into Fitz and Jake's hapless playtoy to pass back and forth. Y&R made a similar mistake with Hilary but at least they've kind of fixed it. And hopefully Sharon will no longer jump from one Newman man to another while the show plays her mental illness for kicks.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

She also uses twitter to try to fill gaps in the storylines and shape how the audience interprets the action. I feel like what's shown on the screen should speak for itself and  I shouldn't need social media Cliff Notes to understand it. I also don't need the showrunner or the actors propping dialogue or scenes that actually end up falling flat. Let me decide for myself what I think is particularly powerful or funny. Looking at you Mel, with your "master class" nonsense.

Scandal hasn't been cancelled, it's just run out of steam. And AFAIC, the Olitz premise was almost repugnant from the get go given the particular historical and racial subtext. IMO it wasn't sustainable so that's probably what led to so many storylines going full-tilt Crazytown to fill the otherwise empty space. Shonda might've done better to stick with Olivia as a smart political fixer instead of turning her into Fitz and Jake's hapless playtoy to pass back and forth. Y&R made a similar mistake with Hilary but at least they've kind of fixed it. And hopefully Sharon will no longer jump from one Newman man to another while the show plays her mental illness for kicks.

Scandal was out off the rails and, thusly, out steam in season 2. As you said, it was centered around Olivia and Fitz cringe  worthy romance. It took me 10 episodes in (that was the first 7 episodes summer season plus 3 episodes of season 2) to figure out that it was an impossible premise that'd frustrate me. I ditched it early. 

If the ratings were still high enough, the networks would justify continuing the series despite how tired it all has become. 

• Love 4
22 hours ago, Toomuchsoap said:

"I'm gonna make Daddy (or Mama) break up" with his/her current girlfriend/boyfriend/fiancée is mind-numbingly vacuous and boring as all out shit.

Especially since she already pulled that shit with Avery.

• Love 9

^^ and ^ Spoilers on the cover of one of the soap rags blurted something to the effect, "Victor's ultimate revenge" or some such nonsense over his family's "betrayal", so I'm wondering whether or not when Faith returns 'turd not only uses Faith's consternation about Chelsea and Nick's relationship as a way to take her back from Nick and move her back into the raunch and go for custody of her, AND make the announcement to Nick that Christian is Adam's. That'd be killing two birds with one stone, so to speak. That would be Phase I of his neverending payback so that he can turn his attention onto Nikki again as she and Jack begin to move closer. In any event, it seems silly that only now would Faith have a big problem with Chelsea. Perhaps, her dismay is more about the fact that Nick had to move off the ranch, away from her horses and her grampa than it will be about Chick specifically. And, at this point, Faith may not be all that keen about Sharon's involvement with Scott, whom she didn't seem to have any difficulty with previously. I could see that the fact they are living together (aren't they?) might be reason that she may want to move back to the ranch. And at this point, it doesn't look like the situation with the prostitution ring is far enough along that it would expose Zach's involvement with it (if that's the case), pushing Abby and Scott together.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 5

Is the prostitution/sex trafficking  story every going to kick into gear?  Good Lord, they have been dancing around it and teasing around it all summer.  At this point it will be a welcome relief from some of the other stories...Lackluster Victoria..Nick and Chelsea playing house like middle-class people..Victor's revenge, part 3,355..Ickly Billy and the women who can't quit him..etc.  If they wanted teen/younger viewers, I would have thought that a teen prostitution story would have been a summer ratings grabber with teens .  Or at least a ratings pinch.  instead we have gotten Billy and his pining for Victoria and not-in-a-bed sex with Phyllis...Horrible, whispering Cane (who I have to think appeals to almost no one)..child-like Lily and her kids who look older than her.  At least Hillary livens things up.  I'll take what I can get.  

• Love 11

So UGH to everything I have read and I am pretty much the only person I know still sorta watching (kinda liking Chesapeake Bay or whatever it is on Hallmark--don't judge--lol) anyway my 90 yr old mom no longer cares and I mostly watch On Demand on the weekends but my best friend/college roommate/soap fan quit awhile ago along with her husband who refused to get sucked back in---so I keep trying but things are boring and are so obvious (looking at you Hilary) and no lesbian story or a dementia/alzheimer story will interest me---dementia is my real life and I want an escape---I still tune in when I can because it does not take much brain power and I am exhausted most of the time---hate hate the direction the show seems to be going in ---so LAME---and as a lifelong soap watcher---Edge of Night, Another World, Somerset, Ryans Hope etc I hate that this is what I am left with---boo hoo

• Love 14
12 hours ago, Toomuchsoap said:

^^ and ^ Spoilers on the cover of one of the soap rags blurted something to the effect, "Victor's ultimate revenge" or some such nonsense over his family's "betrayal", so I'm wondering whether or not when Faith returns 'turd not only uses Faith's consternation about Chelsea and Nick's relationship as a way to take her back from Nick and move her back into the raunch and go for custody of her, AND make the announcement to Nick that Christian is Adam's. That'd be killing two birds with one stone, so to speak. That would be Phase I of his neverending payback so that he can turn his attention onto Nikki again as she and Jack begin to move closer. In any event, it seems silly that only now would Faith have a big problem with Chelsea. Perhaps, her dismay is more about the fact that Nick had to move off the ranch, away from her horses and her grampa than it will be about Chick specifically. And, at this point, Faith may not be all that keen about Sharon's involvement with Scott, whom she didn't seem to have any difficulty with previously. I could see that the fact they are living together (aren't they?) might be reason that she may want to move back to the ranch. And at this point, it doesn't look like the situation with the prostitution ring is far enough along that it would expose Zach's involvement with it (if that's the case), pushing Abby and Scott together.

It seems probable that Prick would drop that bomb on Nick; thus destroying his relationship with Chelz, since she lied to Nick; and, he could sue for custody.

• Love 10

yeah bannana I think you are right for sure and while I have never had Nick love still that sucks kinda-sorta even though back in the day I thought Nick was an ass at the time---still Adam is long gone and so is icky Dylan so who cares beside Grampire---and Faith? love the actress hate the nasty little girl but how could she be any different thanks to Victurd and Nick using her against Sharon---

• Love 6

He beats hellout of Cane but then I  hated Cane since day one so I am not objective---lol--Lilli is not great either but still away from Cane the whiner and the idiot i

s always a plan unless you are 12

• Love 4

The twitter and general social media stuff is interesting. Personally for me, 'stan' has always been something related to being a super fan of a pop star, such as Beyoncé or Rihanna.

A good EP should take social media into consideration, but they should be using that alongside test groups (with participants that are varied) and whatever tools they use as feedback. The show should be in a position where it's running storylines for shock, entertainment and quality value. It shouldn't be about appealing to the loudest and most dominating voices. Alongside that, they should be taking the show's history into consideration and trying to stick to continuation (as much as you can with SORAS and recasts). 

• Love 11
8 hours ago, evenstephens said:

The twitter and general social media stuff is interesting. Personally for me, 'stan' has always been something related to being a super fan of a pop star, such as Beyoncé or Rihanna.

A good EP should take social media into consideration, but they should be using that alongside test groups (with participants that are varied) and whatever tools they use as feedback. The show should be in a position where it's running storylines for shock, entertainment and quality value. It shouldn't be about appealing to the loudest and most dominating voices. Alongside that, they should be taking the show's history into consideration and trying to stick to continuation (as much as you can with SORAS and recasts). 

Which I'm sure Mal Young does. But only to the extent that it backs up his own preferences and wishes as all EPs that came before him have used feedback to push their agenda and ignored it in equal measure when it does not.  

• Love 4
On 17/08/2017 at 2:20 PM, DivaT said:

Blaming Philly seems as off as blaming Teriah. They aren't the only couple pushed, in promos, or on mag covers and social media. 

Blaming anyone or anything other than the shit writing seems off... the writing is bad.. and boring.. and really bad.

• Love 5

You want shit writing watch Days of our Lives. They just got the former writer from General Hospital and it is still shit. This show is so much better I must say even though I detest JT as Billy and others I could do without. But it still is interesting to me.

• Love 7
On 22/08/2017 at 8:33 AM, DivaT said:

From what I could tell it was Villy Stans who were attacking JT because they didn't get the answer they wanted from the event. It was Philly stans defending his honor, so to speak. Those same Villy Stans also proceeded to attack MY saying he hated AH. 

this is what I saw too.

• Love 1