Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

On 2017-5-28 at 10:20 AM, DivaT said:

I didn't know that fans were even doing things like sending gifts, writing fan mail, voting in polls, etc up until about less than 2 years ago. I thought those top couples were chosen by the magazines instead of votes mailed in. I saw a video on CBS' YT channel of a ridiculouslu huge cup cake tower that was commissioned by fans for Villy's anniversary and was shocked. It was a time lapsed thing of it being built in the foyer of CBS TV city. I had heard that Lane fans had rented a plane once to save DG's job. I thought that kind of thing was unique at the time. Turns out it was not. That kind of rabid fan reaction is what the show uses to determine popularity, along with focus groups and ratings. I am beginning to realize that these fan bases do it as a campaign technique. Color me shocked. 

I can't even imagine sending a soap actor a present LOL like WTF.. 

• Love 6

That's why JM and MCE (to a fraction of a lesser extent) can't carry anything without a strong acting partner, or perhaps I should have just said a stronger acting partner. One thing I've noticed though is that they are trying to deemphasize the sexual aspect of most of the couples with the exception of Philly and the so-called vixen Hilary. Everyone else has been returned to the '50s. I don't get it.

• Love 10
14 minutes ago, Toomuchsoap said:

That's why JM and MCE (to a fraction of a lesser extent) can't carry anything without a strong acting partner, or perhaps I should have just said a stronger acting partner. One thing I've noticed though is that they are trying to deemphasize the sexual aspect of most of the couples with the exception of Philly and the so-called vixen Hilary. Everyone else has been returned to the '50s. I don't get it.

You're right. It's like every couple except Philly has been neutered. I wish they'd really go for it with Shott. I know SC can ratchet up the steamy if they give her to opportunity.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, crosby777 said:

What fans? The ones who hate on her and her character? Why should she care about them? 

So her only fans are Philly lovers? Gina Tognoni didn't do anything before being paired with JT? News to me...

1 hour ago, crosby777 said:

The only Phack fans I see are ones who like Jack

The majority of JACK fans liked Phack? The woman who shits on him?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, crosby777 said:

The only Phack fans I see are ones who like Jack.. none that are Phyllis fans

Weird on my part, but I don't like Jack or Phyllis (to a lesser degree), yet somehow I like them both when they're together.  

• Love 4

I think they are one of the most boring couples YR has ever done.

You're being kinder about those two than I've ever managed, crosby777.  Watching paint dry really would be more interesting.

I can't even imagine sending a soap actor a present LOL like WTF.. 

That's some whacked stuff, sending actors presents because of the character they play.  That veil between reality and fiction is a lot thinner for some.  It's pretty creepy - and if I were them, I would NOT be eating whatever it is they send.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Toomuchsoap said:

SSM should have used an established part of Devon's history, notably his passion for music production. The guy is as rich as Croesus and that kind of money can buy a producer an Empire. That should have been the first thing (or one of them anyway) she wrote. Devon could have established himself a company in which Hilary had a powerful presence. She could have been the PR and promotions exec and when they divorced, she should have gone barracuda and sued for a share of the company and demanded she keep her position. This business of a mega-sensation talk web show from the Genoa City, WI boondocks is just snortable. 

Funny that you said this because Sara Bibel, who is now a writer on Y&R had a similar idea back when she used to do the Daytime Confidential podcast. She is a huge fan of Empire and said the Y&R should to take a page from them given Devon's past interest in music. Now that she's there, maybe this storyline will come to fruition. 

• Love 5

So her only fans are Philly lovers? 

No.. but I don't know any Phyllis fan that likes Phack not since phick happened.... they liked phick and some liked philly.. but Jack is a boring old stooge and the only phack fans I have ever seen are Jack fans.. 

The majority of JACK fans liked Phack? The woman who shits on him?

The only fans I saw liking phack were phyllis haters LOL and Jack lovers. Bizarre as it is.. cuz Phyllis never loved him like he loved her. NEVER

• Love 2
4 hours ago, boes said:

That's some whacked stuff, sending actors presents because of the character they play.  That veil between reality and fiction is a lot thinner for some.  It's pretty creepy - and if I were them, I would NOT be eating whatever it is they send.

It is whacked. Who the hell does that? And LOL I wouldn't eat it either.. good god.. and spending money to get a plane to keep DG.. another WTF moment.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, crosby777 said:

cuz Phyllis never loved him like he loved her. NEVER

Well, yeah. Phyllis always loved men who never loved her like they loved other women. It's one of her tragic flaws.

4 hours ago, crosby777 said:

No.. but I don't know any Phyllis fan that likes Phack not since phick happened.... they liked phick and some liked philly.. but Jack is a boring old stooge and the only phack fans I have ever seen are Jack fans.. 

We'll just have to agree to disagree, as I personally haven't seen ALL Phyllis fans think alike. Regardless, my point was that GT has fans outside of Philly. A number of people sent out tweets to her about her scenes with Peter the other day, for example. Did she acknowledge them? Nope!

• Love 10

Well because she has seen their other hateful comments..  and she is allowed to have a fave.. just like we do.. and I guess GT doesn't want to be paired with PB.. she seems to like being in a front and center pairing that has everyone talking.. phack had no one talking.

15 hours ago, Toomuchsoap said:

Lane is still as sexed up as ever. 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, ByTor said:

Weird on my part, but I don't like Jack or Phyllis (to a lesser degree), yet somehow I like them both when they're together.  

I also like Jack and Phyllis together but I'm beginning to realize it's mostly nostalgia driving it. I fell for them almost 2 decades ago. I'm not truly sure my love has anything to do with the here and now. 

@crosby777 I must agree. I don't see many of the die hard Phyllis fans on social media (boards, Twitter, or FB) who want Phyllis with Jack. They want her with a younger, sexy lead that they want to bone. Anyone will do. But that ain't jack. It's mostly folks who love Jack who want him with some younger hot woman on his arm and in his bed. Hence, their has been a switch from longing for Hilary to be with him to now Juliet. As a Hilary fan, I'm grateful for this. But I like Juliet and don't want her with old man Jack  to be turned crazy anymore than Hilary.  Jack's women never last. And his pairings always fail. He's not the romantic lead he once was and it's time the show realized that. Keep all young women out of his ben gay smelling wormy sheets. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, DivaT said:

I also like Jack and Phyllis together but I'm beginning to realize it's mostly nostalgia driving it. I fell for them almost 2 decades ago. I'm not truly sure my love has anything to do with the here and now. 

@crosby777 I must agree. I don't see many of the die hard Phyllis fans on social media (boards, Twitter, or FB) who want Phyllis with Jack. They want her with a younger, sexy lead that they want to bone. Anyone will do. But that ain't jack. It's mostly folks who love Jack who want him with some younger hot woman on his arm and in his bed. Hence, their has been a switch from longing for Hilary to be with him to now Juliet. As a Hilary fan, I'm grateful for this. But I like Juliet and don't want her with old man Jack  to be turned crazy anymore than Hilary.  Jack's women never last. And his pairings always fail. He's not the romantic lead he once was and it's time the show realized that. Keep all young women out of his ben gay smelling wormy sheets. 

I liked Jack and Phyllis long ago as well.. TILL Phick happened and then it was so obvious Phyllis didn't love Jack the same way.. and as a Phyllis fan I sure don't want her paired with a boring old man.. And I sure as hell don't want Hilary or Juliette stuck with jack the chumpo . I like both of those character...

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Big Blue Plate said:

I don't understand why they would recast Adam... with anybody.  What would be the point of him?

Ah, BBP, you'll have to join me in the UO Lounge on the main mezzanine*** with this one. We may be alone, but I'm not bad company.

***The UO Lounge Annex, reached by secluded private elevator only, is reserved for those whose membership cards display the "I don't understand anything about Sharon" as well as the "Oh, for dog's sake, not Muhney, please" stamps.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, crosby777 said:

Well because she has seen their other hateful comments..  and she is allowed to have a fave.. just like we do.. and I guess GT doesn't want to be paired with PB.. she seems to like being in a front and center pairing that has everyone talking.. phack had no one talking.

Philly doesn't have "everyone talking." Phack doesn't have "no one talking." I'll leave it at that. 

• Love 10

I think it's absolutely accurate to say Philly fans are far more present and noisy on Twitter than Phack fans. But I do not believe it is fair to deduce from this that only Jack fans liked Phack. Or that REAL Phyllis fans only want to see her with Billy or some younger guy. Ship stans are a particular type of viewer. They populate Twitter big time and by no means speak for the audience at large.

Peter Bergman is 62 or 63 years old. He is not going to electrify ship stans. They want to see HAWT. They want waxed male chests and awesome abs (though they clearly settle where JT is concerned), but my point is they want pretty people in their physical prime to pretend to have sex on screen and fulfill their --the stans' -- (IMO juvenile) fantasies. "I LOVE YOU MORE THAN I LOVE ANYTHING ON EARTH INCLUDING MY CHILDREN" is an example of the kind of swooning I saw re: Philly fans (they loved when Billy was ready to ditch his kids for his sister-in-law/mistress, based on Tweets; this meant he loved Phyllis more than Victoria in their eyes, not that he's an irresponsible jackass who has no fucks to give about his small children or his brother). These people actually went on about how they believe JT really tongued GT in an elevator makeout (he ACTUALLY had to forcefully DENY it on Twitter). They are caught up in some sexual fantasizing using soap actors. 

I will add here that if Gina were tweeting "Phack is GOLD. I love Phack." Or said "Jack is the love of Phyllis's life but they are currently broken and I love what the writers are doing with that" (in interviews)" in the same way and volume that she's tweeting Philly Philly Philly and talking about Phyllis loving Billy in interviews you would have a far different dynamic on Twitter. And remember that she was tweeting about Philly and talking about Philly for MONTHS while Billy was in story with Victoria and nowhere near Phyllis (she was backburned for about four months after Sally started). SHE IGNITED THE LUNATIC PHILLY STANS while show was trying to move Billy in a different direction because I suspect their "passion" is how Mal (and Gina) justified pushing Philly when Sally made it clear she hated them. GT told Philly fans in that FB chat a few months ago to "SEND CUPCAKES!" Let's please not pretend Gina hasn't been pushing like mad for this pairing. This is not some HUGE organic OMG grassroots movement because Philly is so fucking awesome. Please.

How does a viewer who enjoys good story and non-sexual-fantasy chemistry (i.e. they don't insist any two people must be romantically paired but they like to see actors who click) make "noise" on Twitter? What's the hashtag? These are the people who would love to see Gina play off Peter amid the long Phack history. But they don't have an online "fam" like Philly stans. And frankly I don't think they care enough to ship anything. They just want good storytelling and some spark onscreen.

Gina and Peter are great together. (I for example always liked Phack's "fight" chemistry. I find soap love scenes laughably bad and always have.) It's too bad that someone BTS wants to push this Philly shit because I don't ever want to see that POS Phyllis with Jack again. They have ruined her. They have reverted her to a good decade ago (during Phick) but without the stakes or drama. Who gives a shit if Philly become a thing? Villy suck and Philly suck and the three characters are trashed even further by this forced misogynistic triangle. All so those noisy people (with multiple accounts) on Twitter could see GT and JT's skin.

As for Juliet and Jack? Has he even met her? Why is PB being trashed as an old chump for this newbie day player who is likely going to be gone in a month? Isn't he in a pairing with Gloria and being teased with Nikki?

• Love 20
(edited)

And enough with the "real fan" shtick.  It's a subjective opinion whose sole objective is to put down some viewers and elevate others.  

It's on par with getting puffed up because you got a good attendance medal.

P..S. Juliet should be lucky.

Edited by boes
  • Love 18
46 minutes ago, miamama said:

I will add here that if Gina were tweeting "Phack is GOLD. I love Phack." Or said "Jack is the love of Phyllis's life but they are currently broken and I love what the writers are doing with that" (in interviews)" in the same way and volume that she's tweeting Philly Philly Philly and talking about Phyllis loving Billy in interviews you would have a far different dynamic on Twitter.

Yep. It sucks, but for some reason, viewers are affected by how the actors feel about their character/pairing. GT, for months, basically insinuated that her and JT only wanted to work together. Which prompted people to assume that JT and AH "didn't get along." Surprise, surprise when in the FB chat it was proven 1000% false. And remember when JT had an interview and said that Victoria was the love of Billy's life and suddenly Phyllis/GT needed to be "freed." 

50 minutes ago, miamama said:

Why is PB being trashed as an old chump

I personally love the "old" insults. He's old AND out performs 90% of the cast. Good for him. It's also a blessing to get older. And don't a lot of people consider 40+ old? Sorry, JT and GT! Y'all are old!

• Love 23
17 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I personally love the "old" insults. He's old AND out performs 90% of the cast. Good for him. It's also a blessing to get older. And don't a lot of people consider 40+ old? Sorry, JT and GT! Y'all are old!

All true. lol. But old in PB's context is used as a catch all reason to keep him away from "hot" actresses. Also I think the actress who plays Juliet would consider herself to have won the lottery if her character were paired with Peter Bergman. But that's just my opinion. And I'm not pushing for him being paired with her btw. 

• Love 18
(edited)

I want Hilary paired with Jack. I think you could play some soapy old-school family head with feisty younger usurper that called back to John/Jill.

I wasn't following when they introduced Hilary was there any behind-the-scenes scoop about MM wanting to be put into non-Winters orbit?

I also think Juliet is stunning.

Edited by JasonCC
  • Love 11
(edited)
21 minutes ago, miamama said:

But old in PB's context is used as a catch all reason to keep him away from "hot" actresses.

I'm personally fine with him being paired with an older woman in her 40s/50s. I think Gina Tognoni fits the old bill. Oops. :O

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 13
24 minutes ago, miamama said:

All true. lol. But old in PB's context is used as a catch all reason to keep him away from "hot" actresses. Also I think the actress who plays Juliet would consider herself to have won the lottery if her character were paired with Peter Bergman. But that's just my opinion. And I'm not pushing for him being paired with her btw. 

LOL  i don't think phyl became a "viable character" until she was paired with jack...before that, she was just the villainess who broke up danny and cricket by lying about him being her baby daddy...  

• Love 20
(edited)

I will add here that if Gina were tweeting "Phack is GOLD. I love Phack." Or said "Jack is the love of Phyllis's life but they are currently broken and I love what the writers are doing with that" (in interviews)" in the same way and volume that she's tweeting Philly Philly Philly and talking about Phyllis loving Billy in interviews you would have a far different dynamic on Twitter.

Does anyone get the sense that she may be doing this because JT is maybe on the bubble?  At this point, Billy is more or less expendable. No character has suffered more since the departure of Miller than this one IMO. Nobody has really caught on. They tried the boyish version with DT, then the more mature Uncle Bill Abbott with what'shisname, and now the sneering, flared nostrils version with JT. Frankly, this guy could get taken out by stepping off a curb and getting mowed down by a city bus and I wouldn't miss him. They just have done absolutely nothing to make this guy appealing to me. Billy's such a straight up, miserable, unapologetic jerk that I loathe him. I'll never find him physically attractive, but they've done nothing to make him endearing by at least have him be remorseful and somewhat abashed about betraying his brother. Even in the hairiest and wildest times when Adam was being such a badass, he had his moments of wistful regrets, which made the character endurable, but sheesh, this guy?

But I guess MY believes they can't have the writers reflect Billy's remorse or truly acknowledge the betrayal because that would mean scuttling his blessed Philly in the bargain. He wants to have his cake and eat it too. Hmmm. What to do? What to do? He says "Gina, pimp Philly on Twitter".  I say, get rid of JT and write the character out of town. I can't get into Villy or Philly, and it's because of the actor AND the character as currently written.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 20

In my view he is dreadfully miscast. JT was handed a plum role by JFP because she was his "dear friend" - not because he suited the role. I agree he sucks but even if people feel he's a good actor, the question should be suitability. He is NOT Billy Abbott. Also I suspect he's paid A LOT.

It is weird as fuck to have a survey about CASTING. Wonder if this is another BTS disagreement. Viewers break the tie.

Its pretty shitty for JT personally. How embarrassing.

• Love 23
On 6/1/2017 at 1:13 PM, miamama said:

I think it's absolutely accurate to say Philly fans are far more present and noisy on Twitter than Phack fans. But I do not believe it is fair to deduce from this that only Jack fans liked Phack. Or that REAL Phyllis fans only want to see her with Billy or some younger guy. Ship stans are a particular type of viewer. They populate Twitter big time and by no means speak for the audience at large.

Peter Bergman is 62 or 63 years old. He is not going to electrify ship stans. They want to see HAWT. They want waxed male chests and awesome abs (though they clearly settle where JT is concerned), but my point is they want pretty people in their physical prime to pretend to have sex on screen and fulfill their --the stans' -- (IMO juvenile) fantasies. "I LOVE YOU MORE THAN I LOVE ANYTHING ON EARTH INCLUDING MY CHILDREN" is an example of the kind of swooning I saw re: Philly fans (they loved when Billy was ready to ditch his kids for his sister-in-law/mistress, based on Tweets; this meant he loved Phyllis more than Victoria in their eyes, not that he's an irresponsible jackass who has no fucks to give about his small children or his brother). These people actually went on about how they believe JT really tongued GT in an elevator makeout (he ACTUALLY had to forcefully DENY it on Twitter). They are caught up in some sexual fantasizing using soap actors. 

I will add here that if Gina were tweeting "Phack is GOLD. I love Phack." Or said "Jack is the love of Phyllis's life but they are currently broken and I love what the writers are doing with that" (in interviews)" in the same way and volume that she's tweeting Philly Philly Philly and talking about Phyllis loving Billy in interviews you would have a far different dynamic on Twitter. And remember that she was tweeting about Philly and talking about Philly for MONTHS while Billy was in story with Victoria and nowhere near Phyllis (she was backburned for about four months after Sally started). SHE IGNITED THE LUNATIC PHILLY STANS while show was trying to move Billy in a different direction because I suspect their "passion" is how Mal (and Gina) justified pushing Philly when Sally made it clear she hated them. GT told Philly fans in that FB chat a few months ago to "SEND CUPCAKES!" Let's please not pretend Gina hasn't been pushing like mad for this pairing. This is not some HUGE organic OMG grassroots movement because Philly is so fucking awesome. Please.

How does a viewer who enjoys good story and non-sexual-fantasy chemistry (i.e. they don't insist any two people must be romantically paired but they like to see actors who click) make "noise" on Twitter? What's the hashtag? These are the people who would love to see Gina play off Peter amid the long Phack history. But they don't have an online "fam" like Philly stans. And frankly I don't think they care enough to ship anything. They just want good storytelling and some spark onscreen.

Gina and Peter are great together. (I for example always liked Phack's "fight" chemistry. I find soap love scenes laughably bad and always have.) It's too bad that someone BTS wants to push this Philly shit because I don't ever want to see that POS Phyllis with Jack again. They have ruined her. They have reverted her to a good decade ago (during Phick) but without the stakes or drama. Who gives a shit if Philly become a thing? Villy suck and Philly suck and the three characters are trashed even further by this forced misogynistic triangle. All so those noisy people (with multiple accounts) on Twitter could see GT and JT's skin.

As for Juliet and Jack? Has he even met her? Why is PB being trashed as an old chump for this newbie day player who is likely going to be gone in a month? Isn't he in a pairing with Gloria and being teased with Nikki?

While I agree most of what you say, the bolded is very unfair to GT. I didn't see her spinning up Philly fans. I saw her supporting fans who were fighting for her by posting a photo once and thanking them for gifts. I see nothing wrong with that. How Gina is being blamed for Philly's popularity is beyond me? Either fans latch onto things or they don't? It's nothing an actor can do to make a pairing popular when it's not. Just ask JM about that with every pairing he's had post Phick/Shick. Lol. 

On 6/1/2017 at 2:39 PM, JasonCC said:

I want Hilary paired with Jack. I think you could play some soapy old-school family head with feisty younger usurper that called back to John/Jill.

I wasn't following when they introduced Hilary was there any behind-the-scenes scoop about MM wanting to be put into non-Winters orbit?

I also think Juliet is stunning.

NO. MiM has gone on record saying when her initial arc was over she REQUESTED to be paired with BJ. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Toomuchsoap said:

Does anyone get the sense that she may be doing this because JT is maybe on the bubble?  At this point, Billy is more or less expendable. No character has suffered more since the departure of Miller than this one IMO. Nobody has really caught on. They tried the boyish version with DT, then the more mature Uncle Bill Abbott with what'shisname, and now the sneering, flared nostrils version with JT. Frankly, this guy could get taken out by stepping off a curb and getting mowed down by a city bus and I wouldn't miss him. They just have done absolutely nothing to make this guy appealing to me. Billy's such a straight up, miserable, unapologetic jerk that I loathe him. I'll never find him physically attractive, but they've done nothing to make him endearing by at least have him be remorseful and somewhat abashed about betraying his brother. Even in the hairiest and wildest times when Adam was being such a badass, he had his moments of wistful regrets, which made the character endurable, but sheesh, this guy?

But I guess MY believes they can't have the writers reflect Billy's remorse or truly acknowledge the betrayal because that would mean scuttling his blessed Philly in the bargain. He wants to have his cake and eat it too. Hmmm. What to do? What to do? He says "Gina, pimp Philly on Twitter".  I say, get rid of JT and write the character out of town. I can't get into Villy or Philly, and it's because of the actor AND the character as currently written.

I thought she was more into it because if feedback and moreso cause she needed it. Phyllis was floating in the wind with no purpose and low airtime before the show turned back to Philly. 

I think that JT/Billy survey is s follow up survey to the one that came out a month ago about all the characters on Y&R. It was a who is your fave and who is your least favorite kind of thing. I suspect we will see those come out for alot of the characters who get focus. 

• Love 2

Is it just me, or does Victoria resemble a zombie?  Pale, pale skin..eyes popping..teeth taking over her face..and a skeletal frame.  I feel for the actress if she is having a tough time in her personal life; but I find her appearance distracting.  She is a very attractive woman but she just seems to have lost any spark and life lately.  Maybe the show could give her some time off so she can rest, eat, get some sun and relax.  Just me?

• Love 13
12 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Is it just me, or does Victoria resemble a zombie?  Pale, pale skin..eyes popping..teeth taking over her face..and a skeletal frame.  I feel for the actress if she is having a tough time in her personal life; but I find her appearance distracting.  She is a very attractive woman but she just seems to have lost any spark and life lately.  Maybe the show could give her some time off so she can rest, eat, get some sun and relax.  Just me?

Me too. She looks worn down to a bone. She needs some time away from all the angst.

• Love 9
(edited)
9 hours ago, DivaT said:

While I agree most of what you say, the bolded is very unfair to GT. I didn't see her spinning up Philly fans. I saw her supporting fans who were fighting for her by posting a photo once and thanking them for gifts. I see nothing wrong with that. How Gina is being blamed for Philly's popularity is beyond me? Either fans latch onto things or they don't? It's nothing an actor can do to make a pairing popular when it's not. Just ask JM about that with every pairing he's had post Phick/Shick. Lol. 

Sure she does. They even have their own inside joke going. Hashtag Philly. Hashtag thank you America or whatever. She definitely plays it up all the time. Not that I blame her. Why wouldn't she? 

JT seems to be on thin ice. I get the feeling they expected his popularity to have been way bigger than it is. People still dislike his Billy. This isn't like JH who got away with everything cause he was hot and plsyed Adam lovable. 

That survey definitely interesting. 

Edited by TwistedSoul7
  • Love 10
On 2017-6-1 at 3:23 PM, boes said:
13 hours ago, DivaT said:

Philly fans are far more present and noisy on Twitter than Phack fans

where are the phack fans tho? I don't see any.. other than the Jack fans who seem to hate Phyllis.. it makes no sense to me.

11 hours ago, Kemper said:

She is looking rough .. bigly.. I am not a fan of the actress at all.. her looks or her acting.

• Love 3
On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 9:12 PM, Big Blue Plate said:

I don't understand why they would recast Adam... with anybody.  What would be the point of him?

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 10:11 PM, babyhouseman said:

I guess for his baby Nick is fathering. Christian is his name?

There's an old saying about how a dead man can be a very dangerous enemy.

Adam could return to take back CAN and his feckless, post-grifter wife from his previously, much-detested half-brother, reigniting the Shared Vagina Between Brothers rivalry anew.

Or stir the Justice For Adam! pot, tormenting Victor for a couple of episodes until they're back at each other's throats.

Make NotBilly plotz at the idea that his mortal enemy has returned from the dead, and Justice For Delia! becomes a conflagration again.

Adam's return would fire up a new internecine family conflict; Adam returns to sniping and plotting against all the Newman's.

• Love 11
(edited)
On 6/1/2017 at 2:27 PM, miamama said:

All true. lol. But old in PB's context is used as a catch all reason to keep him away from "hot" actresses. Also I think the actress who plays Juliet would  should consider herself to have won the lottery if her character were paired with Peter Bergman. But that's just my opinion. And I'm not pushing for him being paired with her btw. 

I think that word is more apt. We have no idea what any of these actresses/actors feel or what they want unless they tell us. And even then it's suspect cause they have a tendency to toe the company line. So let's not project our own feelings onto them. 

10 hours ago, TwistedSoul7 said:

Sure she does. They even have their own inside joke going. Hashtag Philly. Hashtag thank you America or whatever. She definitely plays it up all the time. Not that I blame her. Why wouldn't she? 

JT seems to be on thin ice. I get the feeling they expected his popularity to have been way bigger than it is. People still dislike his Billy. This isn't like JH who got away with everything cause he was hot and plsyed Adam lovable. 

That survey definitely interesting. 

The context of my post was the time when the show ended Philly and was moving away from it. Of course, she supports the pairing more now. But she wasn't tweeting like that during the "off time". 

Agree about JT. He's not as popular as the show needs him to be. And Sony wants to know why? The drama surrounding him reminds me of SBu. He never generated the big ratings or fan interest that JFP sold to CBS and Sony. Wasn't worth his price tag. I suspect the same is happening with JT. Without JFP to fight for him and gives him what he needs to be successful, he might be let go. Pratt went on record saying they'd do everything in their power for SBu. But whose gonna do it for JT. Mal? He's on thin ice himself, I'd think 

Edited by DivaT
  • Love 1
(edited)
20 hours ago, miamama said:

On that subject @Toomuchsoap, check this out. Someone on twitter posted this targeted survey. It's specifically about Billy and the casting. Has anyone ever seen anything like this before?

Whoa. I did NOT see this. I don't believe I've ever seen anything like this before. How strange. Are there other similar surveys concurrent with this one? That must make for high anxiety on the part of JT.

Without JFP to fight for him and gives h.what he needs to be successful, he might be let go. Pratt went on record saying they'd do everything in their power for SBu. But whose gonna do it for JT. Mal? He's on thin ice himself, I'd think 

How long has been with the show now? About a year-and-a-half? I'm thinking they may be really assessing other options, the most impactful for them would be simply to not renew his contract and send the character packing for a protracted period. And they could probably throw Phyllis on the same Airbus at this point. She's completely out of the Newman picture now and Billy has been ostracized from the Abbott clan by Jack with Dina being perfectly comfortable with that since he isn't her son. Billy was off in Asia before they brought on BM to play the role and the only reason he left is because JFP wanted to play hardball with his contract in order to push him out. She said otherwise, but based on what she did immediately thereafter was to bring in SBu to be the next be all and end all, which landed like a lead canard. I'm also convinced that she allowed EB to have MM pushed out as well. She was on record as saying that she didn't "get" Miller's appeal and her subsequent recasts of that role (with DT being an AMcD anomaly) evidence that. People were just beginning to warm to BJ in the role. He wasn't right for it, but was a better choice than JT.

And something is clearly up with the departure of long-termers like GR and the purported "big get" SBu. They are taking the machete out and really slashing into the cast. It almost seems as if they're making way for another "big get". Or maybe more than just one.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 9
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Toomuchsoap said:

Whoa. I did NOT see this. I don't believe I've ever seen anything like this before. How strange. Are there other similar surveys concurrent with this one? That must make for high anxiety on the part of JT.

They sent out a survey a month or so ago on all characters. Who is the fave or least fave? Rank from top to bottom. 

Edited by DivaT
(edited)

First of all, I've seen the survey questions posted somewhere, along with what might be considered "suggested" answers for the JT-as-Billy fans. Assuming the questions posted were the actual ones used, I think Sony's approach is suspect if they're even remotely trying to give the appearance of it being an objective survey. From my perspective, they seem to be coming at it like, "compare JT to the eleventy thousand other Billy recasts we've run through since we lost BM". Plus they have the audacity to want you sorta to rate JT against BM. BM just signed a new contract at GH so I'm thinking, why even bring him into the issue at this point unless they're trying to boost JT's ego?

Second, seems to me like a survey of their "insider" fans is like preaching to the converted. Come on, Sony, have the guts to put that survey on an open platform and see what results you get. Oh wait, you're probably just looking for results that confirm the decision you've already made.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 8
40 minutes ago, Toomuchsoap said:

How long has been with the show now? About a year-and-a-half? I'm thinking they may be really assessing other options, the most impactful for them would be simply to not renew his contract and send the character packing for a protracted period. And they could probably throw Phyllis on the same Airbus at this point. She's completely out of the Newman picture now and Billy has been ostracized from the Abbott clan by Jack with Dina being perfectly comfortable with that since he isn't her son. Billy was off in Asia before they brought on BM to play the role and the only reason he left is because JFP wanted to play hardball with his contract in order to push him out. She said otherwise, but based on what she did immediately thereafter was to bring in SBu to be the next be all and end all, which landed like a lead canard. I'm also convinced that she allowed EB to have MM pushed out as well. She was on record as saying that she didn't "get" Miller's appeal and her subsequent recasts of that role (with DT being an AMcD anomaly) evidence that. People were just beginning to warm to BJ in the role. He wasn't right for it, but was a better choice than JT.

And something is clearly up with the departure of long-termers like GR and the purported "big get" SBu. They are taking the machete out and really slashing into the cast. It almost seems as if they're making way for another "big get". Or maybe more than just one.

I'd think JT would have a 3 year deal. They'll have to fire him. 

All true about JFP. She got rid of most of SBu's competition and still didn't do any good. 

I think it's cause of budget cuts due to ratings. But we do know they are looking for an Adam recast. I can't remember which, CBS or Sony, but one prefers primetime actors for their leading men. So it could he that. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, crosby777 said:

How? by answering it?

Because, *IMO*, they are not genuinely answering the questions about the CHARACTER of Billy Abbott, the writing for him, and how he's being received. They want JT with GT. That's it. Nothing else matters. The story certainly doesn't, which is why they don't care about Billy's relationship with Jack, Victoria, his kids, Jill, anyone else. And that is why, again IMO, Billy's writing will continue to be shoddy and one-note. And his relationships with other important characters will continue to be thrown into the wind. 

• Love 12