Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

On 4/14/2017 at 3:44 PM, Gam2 said:

Maybe it's just me but it seems like AH has just been phoning it in lately. Maybe her divorce has been very distracting (which wouldn't be surprising at all) but she just says a line and waits for the other person to say one, etc. There's very little emotion or involvement or interest in her acting. 

I've never thought she was a good actress. How she won those Emmys I will never understand. And her appearance lately is even more distracting than usual. 

• Love 6

Eric B really has no sense of humor. He has been pretty vocal lately but per usual says nothing. May as well mumble. I called MTS a Mafia Wife for once. It stopped the conversation. LOL ! Actually Beth Maitland is a sweetheart. I like Daniel Goddard but hate Cane.  Lots of chatter lately about comebacks and kids.  

• Love 5

I've never thought she was a good actress. How she won those Emmys I will never understand.

Same way HK (Summer) probably won hers: bribery and backroom dealing by TPTB. ?   I also think there are likely some contractual guarantees involved for certain marquee actors. At this point they probably don't want to have to recast Victoria.

United Airlines is the official airline of the Daytime Emmy Awards and The National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences.

This is making me question whether I want to watch the show now.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
because HK is not Heather Tom
  • Love 4
28 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Same way HT (Summer) probably won hers: bribery and backroom dealing by TPTB. ?   I also think there are likely some contractual guarantees involved for certain marquee actors. At this point they probably don't want to have to recast Victoria.

This is making me question whether I want to watch the show now.

I saw the United Airline sponser and it must have been made before the debacle, right? It was announced the other day but I hope to god the sponsor was agreed upon way before the dragging the passenger down the isle incident. 

• Love 1

^^Yeah, I imagine the sponsorship was already negotiated but still, it'll be hard for me--in the foreseeable future, anyway--to see ads for that company and not think about the heinous way they allowed their passenger to be treated. Ugh, and then their CEO kept doubling down on it in the media until he saw his company's stock prices going over a cliff. Maybe they should have EB as Victor doing their ads.

• Love 6

The new actor who will play 15 year old Charlie at least looks mixed-race and he could pass as 15ish (I'm assuming they get the "on the cusp of 16 SORAS" which in my opinion is the only way to go. A mistake was made in 2010 or whatever with jumping Abby to "on the cusp of 21" and forfeiting good true teen stories (although I like Melissa O. now).

I see the temptation Sally......I really do. But poor CK. She can still easily play under-30 and will have to be a mom to teenagers now.  The first SORAS is always tough on the actors playing the parents but I do feel like (whatever I think about the Reed storyline) the time was okay for AH/Victoria and at least the actor who plays Reed is a teen and doesn't look 27 which sometimes happens.

Edited by JasonCC
  • Love 5
34 minutes ago, JasonCC said:

The new actor who will play 15 year old Charlie at least looks mixed-race and he could pass as 15ish (I'm assuming they get the "on the cusp of 16 SORAS" which in my opinion is the only way to go. A mistake was made with jumping Abby to "on the cusp of 21" and forging good true teen stories (although I mike Melissa O. now).

I see the temptation Sally......I really do. But poor CK. She can still easily play under-30 and will have to be a mom to teenagers now.  The first SORAS is always tough on the actors playing the parents but I do feel like (whatever I think about the Reed storyline) the time was okay for AH/Victoria and at least the actor who plays Reed is a teen and doesn't look 27 which sometimes happens.

Easily play under 30? She is under 30 and look it. 

• Love 5

Faith should have been SORASED first. BUT the problem on this show is too many Newmans. They clearly wanted a female teen who is legacy who is not a Newman. They brought back Scott --who is ambiguously aged -- for a reason (notice how he could be paired with basically ANY woman on canvas right now?). This show is hampered by the limited bloodlines. For the last 15 years no one gave a thought to future storylines so now they're fucked. This SORASing really sucks for CK but Cane is plenty old enough to be their dad. 

I don't see how TPTB had much choice if they really wanted teens to be legacy. Maybe Lucy but that would make GT a grandmother of a teenager. The Fischer Baldwins and Abbotts have no girls to age up. (Again, Katie is a Newman). Reed, a Newman, is the only legacy teen right now. That's pretty ridiculous. You can bring in newbies but you need a few legacy characters to anchor the teen stuff on canvas. Otherwise we have no fucks to give about these already annoying people.

• Love 12

Easily play under 30? She is under 30 and look it. 

Is she really?! OMG she really should be peeved then......I thought she was in her early 30s! She can't be happy about this.

Edited by JasonCC
  • Love 3

The irony is the Lane stans who kept freaking out at any hint of Lily and Cane splitting are now pissed about this SORASing. Marrying Cane, having TWO children and then a full hysterectomy seriously limited the character's storylines. They never should have stuck Lily in a dead end marriage when she was barely out of her teens (I think they aged her up so she could drink with Cane when they first dated). So she went from teen to haus frau. lol. 

Edited by miamama
  • Love 14
21 minutes ago, miamama said:

Faith should have been SORASED first. BUT the problem on this show is too many Newmans. They clearly wanted a female teen who is legacy who is not a Newman. They brought back Scott --who is ambiguously aged -- for a reason (notice how he could be paired with basically ANY woman on canvas right now?). This show is hampered by the limited bloodlines. For the last 15 years no one gave a thought to future storylines so now they're fucked. This SORASing really sucks for CK but Cane is plenty old enough to be their dad. 

I don't see how TPTB had much choice if they really wanted teens to be legacy. Maybe Lucy but that would make GT a grandmother of a teenager. The Fischer Baldwins and Abbotts have no girls to age up. (Again, Katie is a Newman). Reed, a Newman, is the only legacy teen right now. That's pretty ridiculous. You can bring in newbies but you need a few legacy characters to anchor the teen stuff on canvas. Otherwise we have no fucks to give about these already annoying people.

Seeing it fleshed out this way amplifies what a stupid idea it was to make Summer a Newman for a second time.  They also aged her too quickly, and there would have been much more potential for her if she had remained an Abbott. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, JasonCC said:

will have to be a mom to teenagers now.  The first SORAS is always tough on the actors playing the parents but I do feel like (whatever I think about the Reed storyline) the time was okay for AH/Victoria

This Suddenly SORASed story is bogus.   Children don't go to bed one night eight years old and wake up near sixteen (even in soaps they are sent off to boarding school for a reasonable time....).  If we are to believe that the pixietwins are now teenagers, then some little bit of groundwork should have been laid.  A glaring hole in the story line is that when Reed showed up, Cane and Lily would have had some discussion about the difficulty of raising teenagers with Vic. They all work in the same cramped little space, ffs.  Advice and horror stories would have been swapped.  Victoridiot would have someone other than Buttbiscuit to turn to.  #notinterestedintheSummer of Teens

• Love 12
33 minutes ago, MollyB said:

This Suddenly SORASed story is bogus.   Children don't go to bed one night eight years old and wake up near sixteen (even in soaps they are sent off to boarding school for a reasonable time....).  If we are to believe that the pixietwins are now teenagers, then some little bit of groundwork should have been laid.  A glaring hole in the story line is that when Reed showed up, Cane and Lily would have had some discussion about the difficulty of raising teenagers with Vic. They all work in the same cramped little space, ffs.  Advice and horror stories would have been swapped.  Victoridiot would have someone other than Buttbiscuit to turn to.  #notinterestedintheSummer of Teens

THIS. All of this.

• Love 7

Faith should have been SORASED first. BUT the problem on this show is too many Newmans. They clearly wanted a female teen who is legacy who is not a Newman. They brought back Scott --who is ambiguously aged -- for a reason (notice how he could be paired with basically ANY woman on canvas right now?).

Seeing it fleshed out this way amplifies what a stupid idea it was to make Summer a Newman for a second time. 

Good points all. I mean, these twins who aren't Newmans or even Abbotts DO have so much potential for a new teen group. But maybe they should have done boarding school and waited a year and brought them, Faith, Reed, all back at around the same time then.

They had better make Bella just a result of a Chloe one night stand so down the road (if the show lasts that long) she's connected but not related to the core families. It's incestuous enough already!

I wasn't watching when Summer got the SORAS.....I felt she was a kindergardener who got fucked up by Patty's peanut butter breath and then I tuned on one day and she was this big grown girl. I had no idea if she was supposed to be in high school or what. Hunter King is very pretty but I could have seen her waiting tables in a bar.

Edited by JasonCC
  • Love 4

So Cane sleeps with a woman on a business trip, Lily suddenly becomes a model and then they wake up to 16 year old twins? What happened to the intervening 8 years? Were they shocked when those kids walked out of their bedrooms that morning? Was Neil shocked when he saw his young grandchildren all growed up suddenly? Was Lily shocked that the twins no longer wanted Cheerios for breakfast and now want egg white omelets and English muffins? Why haven't Lily, Cane, Neil and everyone else on the show aged by 8 years? This is just too stupid for words.

• Love 9

My thing with boarding school is that I don't buy that Lily and Cane would send their kids off like that (based on their lifestyle). The Newmans and Abbotts sure. It's the problem with everyone being rich but middle class now.

Summer and Fen aged suddenly like the twins. So did Kyle (he was at hockey camp for a month). 

Keemo is a possibility for kids but it's pretty clear the writers want to pretend that storyline simply never happened.

I have always hated the teen storylines, even when I was a teen. But show needs to commit to younger characters. So I kind of get it.

Looking forward to seeing Lily in her skimpy outfits telling her teen daughter to say NO to sex and drugs. Lol.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, miamama said:

My thing with boarding school is that I don't buy that Lily and Cane would send their kids off like that (based on their lifestyle). The Newmans and Abbotts sure. It's the problem with everyone being rich but middle class now.

Summer and Fen aged suddenly like the twins. So did Kyle (he was at hockey camp for a month). 

Keemo is a possibility for kids but it's pretty clear the writers want to pretend that storyline simply never happened.

I have always hated the teen storylines, even when I was a teen. But show needs to commit to younger characters. So I kind of get it.

Looking forward to seeing Lily in her skimpy outfits telling her teen daughter to say NO to sex and drugs. Lol.

Boarding schools offer scholarships it's not just rich folk who attend them. One in my state offers full rides to lower income children and honors children.

The show needs to commit to their 20s scene that they don't want to write properly for.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, In2You said:

Boarding schools offer scholarships it's not just rich folk who attend them. One in my state offers full rides to lower income children and honors children.

It's not financial - it doesn't fit who they are. I have no doubt Lane can afford it. It was believable when Philip Chancellor or the Newman kids were sent off (abroad no less). I just don't buy it for Lane or Phick kids. Not even Michael and Lauren's kid. These are people who enjoy their kids. They are presented as middle class "Summer left her backpack on the floor and I tripped on it" kinds of parents in their lifestyle - not income.

Private school is one thing. Boarding school? Nah. Don't buy it any more.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, miamama said:

It's not financial - it doesn't fit who they are. I have no doubt Lane can afford it. It was believable when Philip Chancellor or the Newman kids were sent off (abroad no less). I just don't buy it for Lane or Phick kids. Not even Michael and Lauren's kid. These are people who enjoy their kids. They are presented as middle class "Summer left her backpack on the floor and I tripped on it" kinds of parents in their lifestyle - not income.

Private school is one thing. Boarding school? Nah. Don't buy it any more.

Boarding school has nothing to do with sending your kids away because you don't want them around though. Alot of boarding schools present great academic and athletic opportunities.  And there's been a handful of shows targeted towards kids portraying boarding school as fun places.

Edited by In2You
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, In2You said:

Boarding school has nothing to do with sending your kids away because you don't want them around though. Alot of boarding schools present great academic and athletic opportunities.  And there's been a handful of shows targeted towards kids portraying boarding school as fun places.

My mother used to threaten me with boarding school when I got into trouble as a teen and I would always respond Yes! Please! I'd love to go to boarding school! I always pictured boarding schools as historic brick buildings with manicured grounds and horses. I read a lot of Dana Girls Mysteries as a kid and boarding school sounded heavenly.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

My mother used to threaten me with boarding school when I got into trouble as a teen and I would always respond Yes! Please! I'd love to go to boarding school! I always pictured boarding schools as historic brick buildings with manicured grounds and horses. I read a lot of Dana Girls Mysteries as a kid and boarding school sounded heavenly.

Yours was nicer with the threats, mine when directly to threatening me with Reform School.

I still said YES!

• Love 9

Oh, please. Just stop with this stuff. Is Faith still going to be a little girl, Christian and Connor still going to be babies? How old will that snobby, snotty Abby be now that she's been given the opportunity to ruin Newman Enterprises with her incompetence? I had such high hopes for this show with the new regime. It seems to me that it's become more ridiculous than ever.

• Love 3

Kelly Sullivan (Sage) appeared in tonight's episode of Brooklyn Nine-Nine. She played an actress who stars on a cop show. She was doing that thing where she mugs while other characters are talking. I'm amazed her fellow actors still let her get away with that.

• Love 4

Mal Young is delusional. As is Gina "Thank You America" Tognoni. I feel bad for Vic, Jack, Villy, and Phack fans. Y'all don't deserve for two recasts and a newbie EP to completely destroy history. 

• Love 17

Sometimes I wish Michelle Stafford and Billy Miller were back so they could stare at one another in bafflement wondering what fresh hell is this? Phyllis and Billy hate each other and I wish the original actors were back in the role so they could tell Mal Young to stop being stupid and watch some past clips of the show.

• Love 21
2 minutes ago, jewel21 said:

Sometimes I wish Michelle Stafford and Billy Miller were back so they could stare at one another in bafflement wondering what fresh hell is this? Phyllis and Billy hate each other and I wish the original actors were back in the role so they could tell Mal Young to stop being stupid and watch some past clips of the show.

I think it was clear from Mal's answer about why he liked Philly that he has no fucks to give about story or characters. This is all about showcasing Jason and Gina together.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Somewhere in the distance, miamama's soul cries out in anguish. Mine weeps softly.

Who knew that the Hellmouth was really ButtBiscuit's ginormous nostrils, his charcoal briquette eyes the fire pits of the Underworld?

Toss in GT repeating every line twice and one or both of them saying "You complete me" and we will have the Apocalypse.

Rom Com, indeed..... 

• Love 16

I don't know, I like to imagine that MS is seething over GT getting to film sex scenes with a lean Billy.

Perhaps MS could film an interview with GT at the daytime emmy's for her online show, all the while focusing the camera back onto herself.

• Love 8

Heh. I'm watching the Montreal Canadiens vs the NY Rangers hockey game, and they just showed some celebs in the audience - Susan Sarandon, Michael J. Fox, Debra Messing - and Justin Hartley is sitting two seats away from Debra Messing ?

• Love 7
On Mon Apr 17 2017 at 8:57 AM, miamama said:

The irony is the Lane stans who kept freaking out at any hint of Lily and Cane splitting are now pissed about this SORASing. Marrying Cane, having TWO children and then a full hysterectomy seriously limited the character's storylines. They never should have stuck Lily in a dead end marriage when she was barely out of her teens (I think they aged her up so she could drink with Cane when they first dated). So she went from teen to haus frau. lol. 

QFT.

• Love 6

On last night's finale of Feud, the docudrama series about Joan Crawford and Bette Davis, there was a somewhat pointed reference to The Young and the Restless. In particular, the ladies mentioned loving a character named Lucas Prentiss (not Lance Prentiss; John McCook I would've understood). Anyone have a clue as to what the deal was with Lucas Prentiss? It seemed so random.

• Love 1

According to Wiki: 

Lucas Prentiss was the son of Vanessa Prentiss. He had one brother, Lance Prentiss.

In 1972, Lucas accidentally started a fire in his family's home and ran away.

In 1977, after the death of her mother, Lorie Brooks started feeling closer to Vanessa and set out to find Lucas. Lorie found him and brought him to Genoa City. Vanessa was astonished to see her son for the first time in years and vetoed his plan to leave town. Vanessa was grateful to Lorie for bringing Lucas back into her life. Persuaded by Lucas, Vanessa underwent successful surgery for her scars. Vanessa was later shocked to learn that Lucas had married Leslie Brooks.

After it was learned that Vanessa's disfiguring scars were a thing of the past, she went out in public for the first time without the veil. Feeling that Lance always seemed to side with Lorie, Vanessa plotted to shift their family company, Prentiss Industries, into Lucas' control behind Lance's back. Vanessa lied to Lance saying Lorie was still involved with Lucas. Lucas started dating Dr. Casey Reed.

In 1980, with trouble brewing in Lance and Lorie's marriage, Lance began an affair with Monique. Realizing, however, that he wanted his marriage to work, Lance sent Monique back to Paris and set his sights on wining Lorie back. Lucas told Lance and Lorie that he had located Leslie at Jonas'. Jonas supported Lucas' efforts to win back Leslie. But Leslie had fallen in love with Jonas. Casey ended her association with Lucas after realizing that he was still hung up on his wife, Leslie.

Lucas then told Lorie that Leslie had amnesia. Later, Lance and Lucas owned and operated Prentiss Industries together.

In 1982, Lucas left town.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

According to Wiki: 

Lucas Prentiss was the son of Vanessa Prentiss. He had one brother, Lance Prentiss.

In 1972, Lucas accidentally started a fire in his family's home and ran away.

In 1977, after the death of her mother, Lorie Brooks started feeling closer to Vanessa and set out to find Lucas. Lorie found him and brought him to Genoa City. Vanessa was astonished to see her son for the first time in years and vetoed his plan to leave town. Vanessa was grateful to Lorie for bringing Lucas back into her life. Persuaded by Lucas, Vanessa underwent successful surgery for her scars. Vanessa was later shocked to learn that Lucas had married Leslie Brooks.

After it was learned that Vanessa's disfiguring scars were a thing of the past, she went out in public for the first time without the veil. Feeling that Lance always seemed to side with Lorie, Vanessa plotted to shift their family company, Prentiss Industries, into Lucas' control behind Lance's back. Vanessa lied to Lance saying Lorie was still involved with Lucas. Lucas started dating Dr. Casey Reed.

In 1980, with trouble brewing in Lance and Lorie's marriage, Lance began an affair with Monique. Realizing, however, that he wanted his marriage to work, Lance sent Monique back to Paris and set his sights on wining Lorie back. Lucas told Lance and Lorie that he had located Leslie at Jonas'. Jonas supported Lucas' efforts to win back Leslie. But Leslie had fallen in love with Jonas. Casey ended her association with Lucas after realizing that he was still hung up on his wife, Leslie.

Lucas then told Lorie that Leslie had amnesia. Later, Lance and Lucas owned and operated Prentiss Industries together.

In 1982, Lucas left town.

I vaguely remember him. He had blonde hair and a blonde mustache. The Lucas, Lance, Leslie, Lorie quadrangle was popular. Funny how they all had L names. Lorie Brooks' full name was Lauralee. She was named after Lauralee Bell aka the Bug. 

• Love 5