Type keyword(s) to search

Survivor In The Media

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Talk about forcing a metaphor.

Well, it was relatable for me. One can say Survivor has evolved from what it once was, and that tinkering of the formula was necessary . . . but Burnett and/or Probst have not only put out a product that is so different from the original version, but it tends to be wholly unsatisfying.

Andy did say he gave up on The Amazing Race, so maybe he doesn’t know what he’s talking about. 🤷‍♂️😜

• Love 1

I got lost with the metaphor -- first B-Rob and Sandra were milkshakes, then they were tomato sauce on a plate?

I did enjoy this, though:

No matter how hard you try, no matter how tightly you close your eyes when you bite into it, Big Brother will never even taste like pizza, because it is actually just trash.

• Love 2

I just read there won’t be any opening credits, not even online. Why not even online? You’d think with Rob & Sandra it would be done. It’s one of the most iconic opening credits ever. I forgave them (not really) when it wasn’t aired but not to even do one for online is f’ing crazy!

• Love 3

Reality Blurred: Andy goes over the first episode. He seems to be in a better mood than when Ghost Island was airing. and he pointed out something I didn't spot myself:

When Rob said that he and Sandra have each won and lost, the editors chose to show a clip of Rob winning (he won once, and lost three times) and a clip of Sandra losing (she lost once and won twice). There’s Survivor’s sexism, back for another season.

• Love 4

You guys might enjoy this.

The NLCS is currently going on - National League playoff baseball - Conference series?  and Daniel Hudson, Washington Nationals closing pitcher, missed Game 1 of the series because of the birth of his child. 

David P. Samson, first boot on Season Season 28 (as it says on his Twitter bio)  criticized Daniel Hudson for missing the game on Twitter.

He is getting "ratio'd to death"  for this take.  This is a phrase to mean when the replies to your tweet far outnumber its likes and retweets, because everyone is very mad at you for what you said.

By the way, the Nationals won the game, and very easily I might add.

Almost 4000 replies, as opposed to 230 likes.

Screen Shot 2019-10-12 at 5.05.06 PM.png

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

You guys might enjoy this.

The NLCS is currently going on - National League playoff baseball - Conference series?  and Daniel Hudson, Washington Nationals closing pitcher, missed Game 1 of the series because of the birth of his child. 

David P. Samson, first boot on Season Season 28 (as it says on his Twitter bio)  criticized Daniel Hudson for missing the game on Twitter.

He is getting "ratio'd to death"  for this take.  This is a phrase to mean when the replies to your tweet far outnumber its likes and retweets, because everyone is very mad at you for what you said.

By the way, the Nationals won the game, and very easily I might add.

Almost 4000 replies, as opposed to 230 likes.

Screen Shot 2019-10-12 at 5.05.06 PM.png

What a maroon.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

According to urban dictionary it is "a fat person busting out of some tight clothes.  Especially fat women with pasty white rolls hanging out.

Not exactly a complimentary description of herself is it?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, RoxiP said:

According to urban dictionary it is "a fat person busting out of some tight clothes.  Especially fat women with pasty white rolls hanging out.

Not exactly a complimentary description of herself is it?

Elaine seems to be pretty self aware and unashamed.   She knows she is no swimsuit model, but gives zero f's.    I admire that about her.  

• Love 22

Although not unexpected, this news saddens me as I have watched every episode since episode 1 and therefore have a strong association between Survivor and Rudy (and other first season contestants).  What I really admired about Rudy was not only his willingness to acknowledge that he was from a different era and had different ideas about things, but his willingness to listen to the younger players and to accept those who were different or had different ideas.  It seemed to me that he exemplified the idea that we can always grow and learn no matter our ages.

He is an integral part of the Survivor story and legacy.  We haven't seen him in recent years but he will always remain in our collective memories of what Survivor has been and how it will continue to evolve in future seasons.

Blessings upon his family and loved ones.

• Love 17
4 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Although not unexpected, this news saddens me as I have watched every episode since episode 1 and therefore have a strong association between Survivor and Rudy (and other first season contestants).  What I really admired about Rudy was not only his willingness to acknowledge that he was from a different era and had different ideas about things, but his willingness to listen to the younger players and to accept those who were different or had different ideas.  It seemed to me that he exemplified the idea that we can always grow and learn no matter our ages.

This is a perfectly-phrased summary of why Rudy had such an impact and, honestly, how his arc in season one was critical in the show's success. Rudy's self-awareness and willingness to grow were incredibly admirable.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

The best Rudy memory will always be that challenge where they had to answer questions about a story told by Jeff and he answered every question: “I dunno!”.

19 years later and that is still a classic.  There was that one, and the first Fallen Comrades final 4 IC where they had to answer questions about the ousted castaways-before the challenge, Rudy said that he didn't know about those people, and he didn't care.  I loved how blunt and to the point he was.

What I really admired about Rudy was not only his willingness to acknowledge that he was from a different era and had different ideas about things, but his willingness to listen to the younger players and to accept those who were different or had different ideas.  

I will always say, that moment where Rudy said 'I've gotta fit in, not them' is the single best piece of advice any Survivor contestant can follow.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

My favorite Rudy moment was at the reunion when Bryant Gumbel asked him if he was going to continue to have friendships with the other players now that the game was over and Rudy hesitated about a half-second before saying, "naaah."

• LOL 7
  • Love 5

Rudy's final tribal "question" always cracks me up.

(for those that don't remember in the final challenge where they had to hold onto the idol he took his hand off for less than a second as they switched places)

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 11/4/2019 at 12:51 AM, Rachel RSL said:

The best Rudy memory will always be that challenge where they had to answer questions about a story told by Jeff and he answered every question: “I dunno!”.

The absolute best. Just shot after shot of Rudy looking at the camera without a care in the world about not knowing the answers.

I had completely forgotten about his speech at the FTC of that season, that’s a classic too. 

He had such an adorable face, he was one of those old men where you could still see what they probably looked like as a little kid, especially when he smiled.

• Love 5
On 11/4/2019 at 12:51 AM, Rachel RSL said:

That is hands down one of my most favorite moments from any season.  You could tell that Rudy did not care about that stupid story that Jeff was telling. 

I will say this though, I wish they would bring that challenge back.  I wonder when the last time they used it was.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Season 40 is premiering Feb. 12th with a two hour premiere.  

Feb 12 is early! Wow, it's usually almost March. Does CBS have something else to do in May? Or is this season really going to air for three months (which seems unusually long to me)?

19 minutes ago, Eolivet said:

Feb 12 is early! Wow, it's usually almost March. Does CBS have something else to do in May? Or is this season really going to air for three months (which seems unusually long to me)?

Usually it doesn't even premiere until the end of Feb., so yeah, I don't know why the early start date.  And the premiere is 2 hours, but every week after it will be 1 hour.

21 hours ago, BK1978 said:

That is hands down one of my most favorite moments from any season.  You could tell that Rudy did not care about that stupid story that Jeff was telling. 

I will say this though, I wish they would bring that challenge back.  I wonder when the last time they used it was.

They've done similar ones since where Jeff tells a story and then there's some challenge where they have to answer questions based off of it. Most recently I remember vaguely a course where they had to run to urns and take a charm from the urn with the correct answer to the question. 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Eolivet said:

Last year was Feb 20, but before then, it's pretty much consistently been the last week of Feb.  Kaoh Rong (Feb 17) and Game Changers (March 8 ) were the outliers until now. So, this is extra early.

I was sure they usually started in mid-February so I checked to see if I was just losing my mind and, according to Wikipedia, it looks like the majority of them premiered in early/mid-Feb up until about 2014, then it started premiering later in the month.

Edited by Rachel RSL
  • Love 1

That People article doesn’t paint Missy and Elizabeth in a good light.  It’s crickets from the cast on SM, despite the backlash most of them are receiving. I wonder if production  will have to give them the green light for however they want to address their critics.  

I read another article that the show itself is facing backlash for not removing Dan from the game.  

Edited by LadyChatts

What I hated most about the article was that it ended with Dan's little speech about being horrified if he made anyone uncomfortable, yada yada yada.

It sounded like (if you hadn't seen the episodes) that he made a horrible mistake instead of being a horrible person.

• Love 3