Type keyword(s) to search

Survivor In The Media

• Start Topic

(edited)

Sarah's Ponderosa video is up on the CBS website.  Aside from some nasty personal comments about Kass towards the beginning (I rarely think it is seemly to claim someone must be a horrible role model for their kids based on how that person played Survivor), she seemed pretty OK with everything.  I think (hope?) she's going to set a good tone there once the others come.  Unless the next person to show up is Kass; that might get uncomfortable. I usually enjoy watching the Ponderosa videos almost as much as the show, so I hope people can let go of the game and have fun there this season. 

Edited to change the word "never" to "rarely" about someone's Survivor game indicating they might be a bad role model for their kids.  Because, Lindsey.  Ugh.

Edited by RescueMom
  • Love 1

Sarah said she knew she screwed up but she didn't say how. I would love to know how she thought she screwed up at that moment. Sarah is the player who is going to play the honest game no matter what so her initial comments about Kass with a large grain of salt. Hopefully she will chill and set a good tone at Ponderosa

I was listening to EW radio on Sirius this morning and Dalton Ross was broadcasting from Niceragua where the new season started filming 3 days ago (tonight-or whenever night is there- is the first tribal). Apparently there is no redemption island this year and there is something new in its place which Dalton apparently loved. We shall see.....

Hooray for no RI!  I haven't read many of Dalton Ross' writings on Survivor, nor do I listen to EW on the radio.  What has been his response to other Survivor "twists?"  Does it bode well that he like this new one?

Nicaragua is in the same time zone as Central Time in USA and Canada.  So, as I type this, it is 9:31 pm on June 5th in those time zones.

I have never heard him on the radio before, only read his recaps on EW which I think are hilarious. He hated RI except for the original BvW because of the twists. Hated the TPI as well and REALLY HATED the medallion of power. So he and I think very much alike.

• Love 1

I didn't; I think it was just a decent idea with crappy execution. It really could have worked in the right circumstances (as opposed to RI or the TPI, which would suck no matter what you tried).

• Love 1

I didn't even remember it.  I had to look it up.  Looks like it was only in play for 4 episodes and was part of a young vs. old season, which I also barely remember.  Apparently not a very good season.

Thanks, tvfanatic13!  It appears that Dalton Ross and I think very much alike as well, except that I didn't like RI even in BvW.

Maverick, IMHO, Nicaragua was not a very good season.  It featured "characters" such as "Hurricane" NaOnka (Who gave us the phrase "smuffed torch" and, along with Purple Kelly, aka PuKe, quit, but both were allowed on the jury), Shannon (male, which I'm clarifying because it's a unisex name), and Holly (Who very early on fillled Dan's $1000+ shoes with sand and set them out to sea, though she did make a turnaround and went deep in the game, being voted out because she was a threat to win.  At the reunion show she gave Dan a pair of $1000+ boots because she felt so bad about the shoe incident.).  Jimmy Johnson (NFL, not to be confused with racecar driver Jimmie Johnson) also played that season.  Do you remember Brenda, one of the "Favorites" in Caramoan?  Her first seaon was Nicaragua.  Editorial:  I didn't care for Brenda in her first season and I thought she made some questionable choices by aligning with who she aligned with, but really liked her in Caramoan. /Editorial

I remember Jimmy Johnson and a vague recollection of Na'Kona and the shoe incident.   Nothing else rings a bell.  Anyone who wears a $1,000 pair of shoes to go on Survivor deserves to lose them.

Yeah, whenever I am reminded of the shoe incident, I wonder what Dan was thinking.  Worse than Palau Jonathan's $500 jeans that he ruined by diving in the water and swimming to shore to try to beat the boat.  Shannon was the first out of the younger tribe because he stirred up crap at TC by asking Sash if he was gay.  Jud, aka Fabio, IC'd his way to FTC and won by 1 vote over Chase.  Sash rounded out the F3 and scored a goose egg on the vote.

Boston Rob and Amber just had their fourth child, another daughter by the name of Adelina Rose Mariano.  Rob just tweeted the following:

We are thrilled to announce Adelina Rose Mariano 12:51am June 20th, 2014
Mom and baby are doing great! #4for4

Congratulations to him and Amber!

Oh, and Tony Vlachos just had his second child -- a boy -- yesterday.  He tweeted a pic of his 15-month-old daughter giving her 15-HOUR-old brother a big-sister kiss on the cheek; it was the cutest thing I've ever seen!

Congrats to Rob and Amber!

I love these two, but I really hope they'll take a hiatus from birthing babies for a while. I think this makes 4 little girls in less than 8 years. Amber needs a break!

Congrats to Rob and Amber. Man, he's just completely out-numbered in that house.

I love these two, but I really hope they'll take a hiatus from birthing babies for a while. I think this makes 4 little girls in less than 8 years. Amber needs a break!

Has it been 8 years because I feel like it may be less. The oldest is only 5 or 6 right? The good thing is though they didn't start having kids immediately and enjoyed a few years of it being just them before they started having kids. I remember Amber giving that explanation when people kept asking when they were going to have kids. She said they just wanted to enjoy being newly married before having children. With the way they've gone since they started, I see her point.

Good for Tony as well.

Quoting names from above posts:

Lucia Rose

Carina Rose

Isabetta Rose

Adelina Rose

Is using the same middle name a tradition in some cultures, religions or families that I'm unaware of? I'm just curious honestly.

IIRC, Rose was the name of a beloved grandmother, either Rob's or Amber's - I'm not sure which. They decided to honor her by using her name as the middle name of their daughters. So I think this practice is unique to the Marianos.

• Love 1

I went to twitter to check out Colton's account but it's private so couldn't get any confirmation there. Wow, so horrible if true. I know people snarked a lot about them as a couple but Caleb came across as such a cool and laid-back person,

(edited)

That is so awful. Such a young guy too. Creepier, when I went to search for Colton's twitter account, I got linked to Caleb's and his last tweet was about working on the railway and how much he loved it.

Edited by truthaboutluv

That is very sad. I liked him and wondered how he could be with Colton. And Colton is going to go off the edge even more. That man made him someone stable.

Are Rob & Amber going until they get a boy?

I feel so bad about this, Caleb seemed like such a nice guy. I'm going to resist typing a long rant that involves the words "karma" & "Colton".

• Love 1

I've been a little confused on exactly what happened that caused him to die. People.com stated this, and I'm still confused:

Meanwhile, more details have emerged about the accident that claimed Bankston's life. According to the Jefferson County coroner, Bankston was standing on a small ladder on the rear car of a loaded freight train. As an engineer began to back up, the car derailed, throwing the reality star onto the tracks. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

Maybe I'm picturing it incorrectly. I picture him standing on one of those ladders attached to the train that have the steps so you can get to the top of the train, like this. The train went off the tracks (derailed) and it threw him on the tracks. Is it the distance of the fall? The train didn't run over him I'm guessing. It seems to me that railroad companies (my grandpa retired from Southern Pacific) would have some safety measures in place (I work in quality myself and there are safety measures for everything, even small things) to prevent something like that from happening. And unfortunately some times, instances like his will make a company tighten up on safety.

Oh lord help us. As I was clicking over, I was both trying to think of what other twins were on TAR and also thinking, "not the Twinnies, not the Twinnies, not the Twinn ... ah FUCK it's the fucking Twinnies." These two were unpleasant enough on both their seasons of TAR; I can't even imagine how hard they would ratchet up the obnoxiousness once they've been without food and sleep.

And John Rocker, just why. Why?

I've watched every season of Survivor and I'll watch this one too, but I've never dreaded a season more.

Edited by fishcakes
  • Love 1

TWINNIES!! Hah! I can't help it...I love the idea! I was looking forward to more of their madness on the last TAR and then they got capped in the first episode. These are good love to hate villains unlike say truly hatable people like past winner Tony or the loathsome  Frankie over on BB.

• Love 1