Type keyword(s) to search

Erika Girardi/Erika Jayne: Let them eat cake

• Start Topic

Another Erika lie substantiated: of course the LA Times reporters reached out to multiple people who represent Erika, requested information, and indicated the story would be published. Erika lied about this at least two times.

• Love 24

Poor Erika needs a break from the viewers (which is why she has any legit income).

https://www.etonline.com/erika-jayne-is-grateful-the-real-housewives-reunion-is-behind-her-source-says-174694

From the article:

Erika Jayne is looking forward to getting a break from the viewers after that explosive four-part Real Housewives of Beverly Hills reunion. A source tells ET that Jayne is "grateful the reunion episodes are behind her."

"It was hard to live, it was hard to talk about and it was hard to relive. She's ready for a break from the viewers being so on top of her every week, but she will be sharing more in season 12," the source shared.

Right now, the source says Jayne's focus is on cooperating in court and getting down to the bottom of what really went down at her estranged husband, Tom Girardi's, law firm, a sentiment she echoed last night during the fourth and final part of the RHOBH reunion special.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
1 hour ago, Stats Queen said:

Poor Erika needs a break from the viewers (which is why she has any legit income).

https://www.etonline.com/erika-jayne-is-grateful-the-real-housewives-reunion-is-behind-her-source-says-174694

From the article:

Erika Jayne is looking forward to getting a break from the viewers after that explosive four-part Real Housewives of Beverly Hills reunion. A source tells ET that Jayne is "grateful the reunion episodes are behind her."

"It was hard to live, it was hard to talk about and it was hard to relive. She's ready for a break from the viewers being so on top of her every week, but she will be sharing more in season 12," the source shared.

Right now, the source says Jayne's focus is on cooperating in court and getting down to the bottom of what really went down at her estranged husband, Tom Girardi's, law firm, a sentiment she echoed last night during the fourth and final part of the RHOBH reunion special.

and making sure those dirty widows, orphans and burn victims do not get their hands on HER money

• Love 20
10 minutes ago, Slakkie said:

and making sure those dirty widows, orphans and burn victims do not get their hands on HER money

I'm embarrassed to have ever liked her. I don't know what she knew, but her behavior this season alone was vile. 

It's been a nonstop pity party with absolutely nothing said about the ORPHANS AND WIDOWS Tom stole from unless specifically asked, and even then it's yeah if they were allegedly stolen from, I guess I want them remedied. But her blood boils at the thought of anyone thinking she doesn't gaf about them even after months about whining about her own life, the mess Tom left her in, Erika, Erika, Erika. Maybe the orphans and widows necklace was meant to show she does care???

She wonders why anyone would discuss all of this behind her back and not directly speak with her, but she literally threatens people who question her. In general it's not great to talk behind your friends' backs. But friends don't talk to you the way Erika does to these girls. She doesn't deserve the respect of saying everything to her face. 

This woman is just so cold and doesn't seem to care about anyone other than herself. I used to think Brandi my least favorite Housewife. As nasty as she can be, she never left her kids. She doesn't marry for money but for love. She is capable of friendship and has lots of girlfriends. She doesn't always play fair either, but she won't leave the women feeling like they need security. Erika is just the absolute worst. 

• Love 21

So she told Andy she was gifting him Disney stock for his baby shower in January 2019 and THEY never sent it!  Now that’s a whopper Pinocchio!  In the article they say it’s $1000 or $2000 dollars of stock.  I don’t think that’s correct because while I don’t know what the stock price was then, it’s $170 a share today.  Who would gift someone 5-13 shares of stock.  Maybe it was 1000 shares?  She tells him that is the standard gift they give for new babies.  So, most importantly, whatever the reason Tom didn’t cough up the gift, she had to know they were heading into money trouble!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/andy-cohen-is-so-glad-erika-jaynes-baby-gift-never-came/amp/

Edited by Emmeline
  • Useful 8
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

Reminds me of OJ going to look for the "real killer" on a golf course in Florida when his trial was over.  Gross. 

18 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

So she told Andy she was gifting him Disney stock for his baby shower in January 2019 and THEY never sent it!  Now that’s a whopper Pinocchio!  In the article they say it’s $1000 or $2000 dollars of stock.  I don’t think that’s correct because while I don’t know what the stock price was then, it’s $170 a share today.  Who would gift someone 5-13 shares of stock.  Maybe it was 1000 shares?  She tells him that is the standard gift they give for new babies.  So, most importantly, whatever the reason Tom didn’t cough up the gift, she had to know they were heading into money trouble!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/andy-cohen-is-so-glad-erika-jaynes-baby-gift-never-came/amp/

I was just coming here to post this!    Sending a card to her BOSS claiming to have gotten a baby gift and then never following through.  Good grief. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, Slakkie said:

I am in banking and we had a rule to help catch embezzlers that you have to be taken off a function for four weeks every year so that it is harder to continue an onoing scheme.  I think COVID is the reason that things started to go downhill - at least much quicker.  I also think Erika is pissed she did not get out a year earlier

I remember growing up a few of my friends' dads held positions in banks and they had to take two week blocks of vacation time. And I like the theory that covid may have finally caused the hammer to fall.

The LA Times reporters had another AMA today - a few takeaways, some of which we already knew:

-of course they would not discuss sources, but they did disclose the documents from Tom's second divorce really opened a window to his wealth during his prime

-they want people to question the political power Girardi had in order to get away with this for so long. They have filed suit against the CA bar to obtain internal reviews of complaints filed against Girardi where no action was taken

-Erika did not demand a correction re the $20 million loan (a correction she wouldn't have received because that figure was taken directly from court records)

-they seemed to believe Erika was caging her responses re knowledge of the article - she said she didn't know "when" the article would be published, which is technically true. However Erika's reps were given a hard deadline the day before the story went online.

-one of the reporters went to a Girardi Vegas party back in the day - Jay Leno performed. All three writers have covered legal affairs and had heard "crazy rumors" about Tom for years

-when they were able to stop writing about covid and dig deep into GK, the firm was on the edge of disaster. "Lawyers were dropping off the website every day we were reporting."

• Useful 7
  • Love 13

I agree with what the article said about covid contributing to the collapse of the firm.  Someone also suggested this upthread.  Tom had been stealing from his clients for years.  Borrowing from Peter to pay Paul.  It was a juggling game.  During covid there was nothing to juggle and it hit the rails.  It is hard for me to imagine that there is no bookkeeper or accountants involved from the business or personal side.  Certainly they don’t file their own tax returns.  I am involved in a family business and we send itemized documents to our accountants every month.  If there is anything unusual I get a call for explanation.

He and Erika had been squandering money they didn’t have for years.  Tom embellished his financial statements to look good on paper, I believe to use for loans.  Erika even said last night that she saw documents about how well the firm was doing.  Interesting considering she had no access to the firm’s financials. 

I thought it was interesting they wrote that it was common knowledge that Tom was a heavy drinker.  I never heard that before.  They brought this up when writing about Tom’s cliff hanger.  They add that the whole premise that the accident 3 years ago was the beginning of Tom’s decline and the reason for his theft is a mute point.  Everyone knows the case with the female cancer patient and the PG&E burn victim was long before that.  The CA bar must be held accountable for their greasy palms.  They knew something was going on and looked the other way.

Sorry for the long tirade.  I am just starting to think those poor victims not are going to see much, if any, of their money.

Edited by Emmeline
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8

Oh, Miss Snarly-Face: I am not buying it. At all. Get another job if you don't like what you're doing with Andy Cohen.  You're 50 years old. You need to start paying off those victims YESTERDAY.  You got a good 15-20 years to work and make money the old fashioned way: EARN IT.

• Love 14
21 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

Oh, Miss Snarly-Face: I am not buying it. At all. Get another job if you don't like what you're doing with Andy Cohen.  You're 50 years old. You need to start paying off those victims YESTERDAY.  You got a good 15-20 years to work and make money the old fashioned way: EARN IT.

I wish instead of "own it" Rinna, we could get a Housewife to tell Erika (and perhaps a few of the others) to "earn it."

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 5
42 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

Sorry for the long tirade.  I am just starting to think those poor victims not are going to see much, if any, of their money.

Today one of the reporters mentioned in the AMA that they do not foresee the victims being made whole. And I think I get most of the reasons why that is. But the thing they mentioned that was an additional twist of the knife is that Tom's savvy clients & creditors smelled blood in the water and they're first in line whilst the most vulnerable victims wait this out.

30 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

You need to start paying off those victims YESTERDAY.  You got a good 15-20 years to work and make money the old fashioned way: EARN IT.

During Kathryn Edwards' interviews she initially sounded like she didn't want thi to destroy Erika - she was hopeful Erika would have some sort of turnaround. She also thought Erika's salary should be garnished & that Bravo should make a generous donation to the victims.

I think Bravo will sooner bring back Quinn to the OC before Erika & bravo do anything to benefit anyone but themselves. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
On 11/4/2021 at 6:53 PM, chick binewski said:

I remember growing up a few of my friends' dads held positions in banks and they had to take two week blocks of vacation time. 

Can confirm. Worked at a bank for four years. Many of us hated having to take our two weeks back-to-back, but we also understood the protocol.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Surrealist said:

Can confirm. Worked at a bank for four years. Many of us hated having to take our two weeks back-to-back, but we also understood the protocol.

I got called into a conference room with bank attorneys and 5 FBI dudes about 5 years ago when a co-worker was found to have been stealing money (along with a customer) from the business accounts.

He stole his friend's passcode to bypass the two approvals and they stole around 250K over a few years.  He got 20 years in Club Fed.  He admitted to a gambling addiction for BINGO.  Now I am not here to make fun of this but if I am going to embezzle it will be to buy a small island with no extradition

• LOL 11
  • Love 6

Not just banks but good practice whenever people handle money and accounts.

I worked for a company that DID NOT do this and a woman had been stealing by creating fake invoices. She wasn't that smart because people in her department were wondering how she could afford the expensive car and the designer stuff. 

She took a vacation and came back to police arresting her as the company did an audit while she was on vacation.

I think it was a combination of COVID and Tom just becoming older and probably not as much of a rainmaker as he was. Madoff's Ponzi scheme fell apart in 2008 when the economy melted down and there was a combination of people attempting to cash out and no way to get new investors to feed the Ponzi structure.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
On 11/4/2021 at 5:21 PM, Stats Queen said:

Court drawings of Erika "cooperating in court"

tumblr_mw91euYvxI1rw119ro1_500.png

• LOL 14
  • Love 3
On 11/4/2021 at 5:21 PM, Stats Queen said:

From the article:

We’re all grateful that it’s behind us too, Erika. Trust us.

Still playing the victim. Yes, we’ve been “so on top of her” because: 1) she’s a lying sack of shit; 2) she’s shown no concern — let alone any remorse or sympathy — for those who have paid dearly for her lifestyle and “career”; and 3) her attitude throughout has been hateful and disgusting. I mean, WTF does she expect? So…more bullshit coming in Season 12? I can only imagine. 

”Cooperating in court” — code for turning on Tom and Girardi Keese to save her own ass? The only thing that will remotely make ANY of this right is the victims getting as much compensation as possible — with interest, attorney’s fees, and court costs included. Everything that is Erika’s should be THEIRS. So to that end  I can sort of stomach her coming back, although she’s still being rewarded for bad behavior. Turn that fat paycheck over to the victims. Let her work for THEM.

5 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

Court drawings of Erika "cooperating in court"

tumblr_mw91euYvxI1rw119ro1_500.png

Pretty much. The only way she’ll cooperate is to get out of being held legally responsible for whatever went down. AKA, cutting a deal with the other side to make it easier on herself. Poor Tom — once again the poor man is on his own. LOL.

• Love 9

So Ron Richards is out. His initial statement was that he left because actually attempting to help the victims recover their money was no longer compatible with his "reporting" aka endless tweeting on this case. This sounds like someone fairly high up told him to stop tweeting and he chose tweeting, which is...a choice. He's now saying he voluntarily left because he disagrees with Jay Edelson on legal strategy, which is also interesting because Ron Richards doesn't work for Jay Edelson. Edelson isn't one of the bankruptcy trustees. Elissa Miller is the bankruptcy trustee that Ron Richards was working with. Edelson says Ron Richards was fired. I'm inclined to agree.

https://www.dailyjournal.com/articles/364991-ronald-richards-out-as-special-counsel-in-girardi-bankruptcy

• Useful 16
2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

So Ron Richards is out. His initial statement was that he left because actually attempting to help the victims recover their money was no longer compatible with his "reporting" aka endless tweeting on this case. This sounds like someone fairly high up told him to stop tweeting and he chose tweeting, which is...a choice. He's now saying he voluntarily left because he disagrees with Jay Edelson on legal strategy, which is also interesting because Ron Richards doesn't work for Jay Edelson. Edelson isn't one of the bankruptcy trustees. Elissa Miller is the bankruptcy trustee that Ron Richards was working with. Edelson says Ron Richards was fired. I'm inclined to agree.

I've never liked Ron Richards. He seemed just as slimy as Erika and Tom, somehow, and seemed to crave the limelight and paparazzi. 

• Love 13
On 10/28/2021 at 9:29 PM, Luckylondon said:

It is also the condition of her hair and skin. She is not moisturized and treated in the same way. It is tough to keep super bleach blonde hair looking healthy and it is expensive to make skin and hair look “natural.” It’s way more work too. I am shocked and not shocked at how quickly her hair got dried out because that is heavy color that requires serious skill and maintenance and is not going to look good with just a deep conditioner once a week. The squishiness is alcohol dehydration and a bit of weight gain bloat at the same time. Her “I found out my husband is a crook and a fraud and I’m devastated… how dare you not see I’m DEVASTATED!” is not her best “moment” for the look book. She seems to know this too and is always in sweats lately.

Her hair is also a really bad color.  She must not have access to the good colorist.  That shade makes me think she did it herself.  It is overly silver in some areas and brassy in others.

On 10/29/2021 at 3:08 AM, RealHousewife said:

Erika's asked what she looks for in a boyfriend. She said intelligence, said most girls like a guy with money when asked if he's gotta have money. She was asked about age and said the youngest she'd date is 25 and didn't give a maximum age. 

https://www.tmz.com/2021/10/29/erika-jayne-dating-new-boyfriend-tom-girardi-divorce/

There is not a 25 year old in the world who will want to date her.  Certainly a rich 25 year old will want a hot model, not an older puffy potato face lying asshole.  She will be lucky to snag a gross old man with a few bucks.  Any hot men that dates her will be doing it for publicity.

On 11/3/2021 at 12:11 PM, Slakkie said:

“Ms. Girardi at all times was and is an entertainer with a 12th grade education. Ms. Girardi was never and is not an attorney, and she trusted that GK, Mr. Girardi, and the outside accountants, given their superior knowledge and expertise, prepared proper, lawful, and legitimate tax returns,” her attorney writes.

Oh PLEASE!!!  It doesn't take a law degree to know if you have a balance of $20 million in your bank account.

On 11/4/2021 at 6:03 PM, RealHousewife said:

I'm embarrassed to have ever liked her. I don't know what she knew, but her behavior this season alone was vile. 

I am trying to remember if I ever liked her... I am going to have to go back on these boards to read what I wrote!  :)

2 hours ago, emma675 said:

I've never liked Ron Richards. He seemed just as slimy as Erika and Tom, somehow, and seemed to crave the limelight and paparazzi. 

True, but I am glad he called her out over and over.  Now who will have access to legal docs and can tell us what is really going on?

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 11
On 11/4/2021 at 4:03 PM, RealHousewife said:

It's been a nonstop pity party with absolutely nothing said about the ORPHANS AND WIDOWS Tom stole from unless specifically asked, and even then it's yeah if they were allegedly stolen from, I guess I want them remedied. But her blood boils at the thought of anyone thinking she doesn't gaf about them even after months about whining about her own life, the mess Tom left her in, Erika, Erika, Erika. Maybe the orphans and widows necklace was meant to show she does care???

She wonders why anyone would discuss all of this behind her back and not directly speak with her, but she literally threatens people who question her. In general it's not great to talk behind your friends' backs. But friends don't talk to you the way Erika does to these girls. She doesn't deserve the respect of saying everything to her face. 

This woman is just so cold and doesn't seem to care about anyone other than herself. I used to think Brandi my least favorite Housewife. As nasty as she can be, she never left her kids. She doesn't marry for money but for love. She is capable of friendship and has lots of girlfriends. She doesn't always play fair either, but she won't leave the women feeling like they need security. Erika is just the absolute worst. 

Yeah, Brandi was my least favorite for years, although I liked her at first. I never like Erika, I actually found her rather pathetic with her desperate need for attention, but I knew she was a serious narcissist. But, she is worse than Brandi. I don't know if she knew what was going on or not, but I am sure she would not have cared until it started to be a problem for her. The fact that, according to her, she didn't ask Tom how he could do such an awful thing, she asked him why he left her "holding the bag" says it all. Erika cares for Erika. No one else. The fact that she wasted so much money on a vanity project-ever hear of working for a charity or cause you believe in? But, knowing where that money should have gone should make any decent person feel guilty, even if you didn't know at the time. She is vile.

Edited by chlban
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, chlban said:

Yeah, Brandi was my least favorite for years, although I liked her at first. I never like Erika, I actually found her rather pathetic with her desperate need for attention, but I knew she was a serious narcissist. But, she is worse than Brandi. I don't know if she knew what was going on or not, but I am sure she would not have cared until it started to be a problem for her. The fact that, according to her, she didn't ask Tom how he could do such an awful thing, she asked him why he left her "holding the bag" says it all. Erika cares for Erika. No one else. The fact that she wasted so much money on a vanity project-ever hear of working for a charity or cause you believe in? But, knowing where that money should have gone should make any decent person feel guilty, even if you didn't know at the time. She is vile.

I never liked Erica. She was very intriguing to watch because here was a living cartoon character with a matching cartoon character voice. 🤡 She was always dressed and “glammed” so over the top, even for Beverly Hills. She wore movie star stage costumes. Not clothes. Everything about her was false, and put on to accentuate that she thought and felt she was entitled to FaBuLoUs Fame, Fortune and recognition like the toppest of Hollywood stars have. Everything she wore, said, or did, was her way of getting herself closer to the desired goal of Incredible top-notch fame.

When she spoke to her co-housewives, it was always with her nose in the air with a constant air of distain for anyone around her, instilling the feeling that she couldn’t care less about any of the others. That only constant ass kissing and groveling endlessly to her, would maybe win you a fleeting moment of a tiny bit of her guard going down, and a flicker of a possible bit of admiration from her, towards you. She wanted people around her to contantly hope for a granted a reprieve from her constant  “look down her nose with distain at you” treatment.

To me she was obviously intensely insecure, to feel that her offensive and defensive attitude spigot had to be turned on full blast when around other people. She would hurt you, way before you could ever hurt her. She was making sure of that from the get go. She also was inherently cold. She is, who she is. Someone that guarded, contrived, and a constant role playing extremist, was obviously mentally ill. Thats the way it seemed to me. 

My DIL once caught a couple of episodes with me, and said she liked Erica. I was appalled! Silly kids these days lol. I could understand it though. I’m sure in my DIL’s eyes she appeared strong and independent and not about to let anyone give her guff, or stand in her way of living her life pursuing BIG $$$ and the good life. Plus she really is a beautiful woman especially when coifed to perfection and her costumes (SOME of the less Porn-like ones) are eye catching, unique and expensive looking. 

Yes, I can see how some people could be attracted to Ericas style and looks. Nice people do sometimes wish they weren’t such nice people that other people take advantage of them, because of that trait. Erica is the epitome of of someone who is not “too nice”.

• Love 12
On 11/3/2021 at 11:49 PM, amarante said:

The LA Times has an interview with the reporters who wrote the LA Times story. Interesting because it provides background as well as having them discuss what questions Erika really should be answering. 

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/tv/story/2021-11-03/real-housewives-beverly-hills-reunion-erika-jayne-tom-girardi-questions

From the article:

Ryan: When she called the story a “hit piece,” I thought either she doesn’t know what that term means or she didn’t read it.

I remember hearing that she is actually not very bright, that she doesn't get jokes, etc.  I think that she thinks that she is really smart and clever.  But she is not.

Ryan: The car wreck is something that Girardi loyalists have been pushing out there since last year as an explanation of his behavior. Girardi was known as a heavy drinker and he kept a chauffeur on staff. I know Matt looked for public records for a car crash as described by Erika et al. and didn’t find anything. In any case, a recent head injury wouldn’t explain the misappropriation allegations against him dating back to the 1980s.

This is so true!  

• Useful 5
  • Love 12
6 hours ago, gingerella said:

I don't have precious life time to waste reading that above transcript. Can anyone summarize in it one concise paragraph perchance?

You could always call Faye Resnick's husband and ask him to explain it to you, lol.  

Just kidding, I'm channeling Kyle myself on this.  Too long heh. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Cosmocrush said:

You could always call Faye Resnick's husband and ask him to explain it to you, lol.  

Just kidding, I'm channeling Kyle myself on this.  Too long heh. 

I realize all of this is in jest but on a serious level, the LA Times article was well written and had a lot of information that was presented cogently.

The Richards transcript is a rambling drivel by an evidently shady lawyer who was fired by the Trustee and is attempting to justify his actions. The irony was that his Twitter feed covered Michael Avenatti's case extensively and it turns out that they are the Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum of the lawyers who appear to be intoxicated by proximity to social media.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, amarante said:

I realize all of this is in jest but on a serious level, the LA Times article was well written and had a lot of information that was presented cogently.

The Richards transcript is a rambling drivel by an evidently shady lawyer who was fired by the Trustee and is attempting to justify his actions. The irony was that his Twitter feed covered Michael Avenatti's case extensively and it turns out that they are the Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum of the lawyers who appear to be intoxicated by proximity to social media.

Yes. Richards is a sleaze, so is Erika. The two things are not mutually exclusive. 

• Love 13

I think the only thing I ever “liked” about Erika was the fact that she actually appeared to eat and enjoy food while the others left it all on their plates.

I’m not a professional or anything but I’m thinking she’s a full blown narcissist (after researching Google).  Being called a liar would totally drive her over the edge. Narcissists expect to be believed no matter how crazy the story.

• Love 12
On 11/4/2021 at 8:25 AM, Slakkie said:

This quote is correct "Early in the season, Erika mentioned the pandemic was hurting Girardi’s legal practice. I’d like to hear more about that. There’s a theory that the coronavirus shutdown exposed a long-running Ponzi scheme at Girardi’s firm. There were no trials, so he didn’t get the usual flow of big judgments or settlements and he couldn’t keep up the lulling payments and it all collapsed."

I am in banking and we had a rule to help catch embezzlers that you have to be taken off a function for four weeks every year so that it is harder to continue an onoing scheme.  I think COVID is the reason that things started to go downhill - at least much quicker.  I also think Erika is pissed she did not get out a year earlier

That’s what happened in DC. The woman who was running the commercial real estate tax refund office stole something like $50M (yes - $50M) over years and years until she got caught. She was using the names of large companies and changing them slightly to cut checks (eg - Tammell Crow instead of Trammell Crow). One of her co-conspirators was a teller at Sun Trust and he wasn’t there one day when another of her co-conspirators tried to deposit a $250K check. That teller got suspicious and alerted her supervisors. 

You would have thought that somebody in DC would have had suspicions earlier. She wore a lot of St. John’s suits and very expensive handbags. Lots of extravagant trips and dropping insane money at casinos. Had own personal shopper at Neiman Marcus. But that’s DC for you.

• Useful 3

Could be getting closer to the truth - Tuesday will be interesting.

https://www.reuters.com/legal/transactional/trustee-green-lights-lawsuit-against-real-housewife-erika-girardi-2021-11-12/

(Reuters) - A bankruptcy trustee overseeing the estate of Tom Girardi's defunct law firm has dropped her opposition to allowing a lawsuit against Girardi's estranged wife, "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" star Erika Jayne Girardi, ahead of a key Tuesday hearing.

Chapter 7 trustee Elissa Miller said in a Thursday filing she has no objection to Chicago law firm Edelson pursuing its own claims that Erika Girardi used misappropriated settlement funds obtained by her husband's law firm to fund a "glitz-and-glam" lifestyle.

U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Barry Russell has scheduled a Tuesday hearing on whether to allow Edelson's lawsuit to proceed in Chicago federal court.

• Useful 4
  • Love 12
17 hours ago, amarante said:

When I tried to read the transcript above (gave up, as it doesn't really make a lot of sense and as you said, is just rambling nonsense), the first thought that came to my mind was Michael Avenatti, another shyster who was more concerned about his own celebrity and fame than actually being a lawyer.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Jennifersdc said:

That’s what happened in DC. The woman who was running the commercial real estate tax refund office stole something like $50M (yes - $50M) over years and years until she got caught. She was using the names of large companies and changing them slightly to cut checks (eg - Tammell Crow instead of Trammell Crow). One of her co-conspirators was a teller at Sun Trust and he wasn’t there one day when another of her co-conspirators tried to deposit a $250K check. That teller got suspicious and alerted her supervisors. 

You would have thought that somebody in DC would have had suspicions earlier. She wore a lot of St. John’s suits and very expensive handbags. Lots of extravagant trips and dropping insane money at casinos. Had own personal shopper at Neiman Marcus. But that’s DC for you.

I watch American Greed and one of the episodes covered a woman who was the Comptroller for a small town in Illinois for 30 years. She bilked the town for stealing at least $55 million from the town. It was discovered when she was on vacation and her fill in didn't understand one of the entries - and then the whole thing collapsed.

Most of the money went to her passion for champion quarter horses. Everyone in the town assumed that there was family money but didn't investigate it further. You can google Rita Crundwell for details. 

• Useful 4
15 hours ago, Jextella said:

Jay Edelson has said early on that he believe Erika is knee-deep in all this. He seems to have receipts.

When Ron Richards made a big deal that the Lion Air case needed to leave poor Erika alone because all it was going to do is push her into bankruptcy.  Lets be clear - once she figures out how much she owes to the IRS and Franchise Tax Board she will be declaring bankruptcy as well.  And it is smart for Edelson to get in line early.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, amarante said:

I watch American Greed and one of the episodes covered a woman who was the Comptroller for a small town in Illinois for 30 years. She bilked the town for stealing at least $55 million from the town. It was discovered when she was on vacation and her fill in didn't understand one of the entries - and then the whole thing collapsed.

Most of the money went to her passion for champion quarter horses. Everyone in the town assumed that there was family money but didn't investigate it further. You can google Rita Crundwell for details. 

I used to show horses with Rita - first her parties were amazing.  Second everyone thought she made her money in the Dot Com craze and it was so cool she continued to work at the City.  The City thought she was making money in horses (ha ha ha).

Her parties were the BEST, and she was always so willing to donate money.  Then we learned why - all those people in her town that went without fire and police equipment and personnel heck even a community pool.  All the while she is buying 25K saddles like candy.  At one world show she literally had almost one horse per class - I always was like how much does she need to win?  We just thought she was richer than God and there are super rich people in horses so it seemed legit.

Sadly she got out and I am sure that she has some money stashed away and will probably be showing horses again soon - she made a lot of people very rich!

• Useful 9
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Slakkie said:

Her parties were the BEST, and she was always so willing to donate money.  Then we learned why - all those people in her town that went without fire and police equipment and personnel heck even a community pool.  All the while she is buying 25K saddles like candy.  At one world show she literally had almost one horse per class - I always was like how much does she need to win?  We just thought she was richer than God and there are super rich people in horses so it seemed legit.

Sadly she got out and I am sure that she has some money stashed away and will probably be showing horses again soon - she made a lot of people very rich!

I think by definition you have to be rich to be in the horse game or else be so incredibly talented that someone sponsors you by buying your horses for you and you essentially work for that person. Obviously there are people who own "horse property" or farms and take care of their horses but at this point the cost of high end champion horses is so high that effectively you can't compete. Of course I am more familiar with the show jumper/hunter jumper categories versus Western style competitions.  ETA Also polo as rich people love to have their own polo teams and will hire professional polo players so the teams are competitive and the owner will play on the team with their mediocre skills and have bragging rights  

I was horse crazy as a kid and tried to keep it up as an adult. My semi-joke is that if had been born to Mike Bloomberg, Bruce Springsteen or Bill Gates - or Queen Elizabeth obviously - I would have been able to take it to the next level. 😂 

Edited by amarante
  • Love 7
On 11/12/2021 at 6:11 PM, heatherchandler said:

From the article:

Ryan: When she called the story a “hit piece,” I thought either she doesn’t know what that term means or she didn’t read it.

I remember hearing that she is actually not very bright, that she doesn't get jokes, etc.  I think that she thinks that she is really smart and clever.  But she is not.

Ryan: The car wreck is something that Girardi loyalists have been pushing out there since last year as an explanation of his behavior. Girardi was known as a heavy drinker and he kept a chauffeur on staff. I know Matt looked for public records for a car crash as described by Erika et al. and didn’t find anything. In any case, a recent head injury wouldn’t explain the misappropriation allegations against him dating back to the 1980s.

This is so true!  

It’s a “hit piece” because it “hit” too close to home. There is no way the Times would have published this without attempting to get some comment. 

Tom’s mental state now means nothing in terms of what he supposedly did years ago. All this is just a delay tactic. I don’t know if this has ever been mentioned before, but if we assume that the car wreck story is even half true, the fact that there is no police report anywhere raises its own set of some pretty dark questions.

Erika should have kept her big maw shut on all of this all along. 

• Love 15
13 minutes ago, RoseAllDay said:

It’s a “hit piece” because it “hit” too close to home. There is no way the Times would have published this without attempting to get some comment. 

Tom’s mental state now means nothing in terms of what he supposedly did years ago. All this is just a delay tactic. I don’t know if this has ever been mentioned before, but if we assume that the car wreck story is even half true, the fact that there is no police report anywhere raises its own set of some pretty dark questions.

Erika should have kept her big maw shut on all of this all along. 

It has been established that the LA Times reached out for comment several times and neither Erika nor her management team responded. She was almost certainly aware that the story would  drop when she left since the story would have been gone over for libel issues before it actually was printed and then authorized to actually go to print. It wouldn’t have been a secret so anyone with ties to the media wouid have known. 

There is no doubt that Tom was in an accident in which he injured his ankle.  However at least in Los Angeles, there is not a police report unless there is criminal activity suspected like DUI or a death.  My friend was hit in the side and her car was totaled in Westwood last week.  She had to go to the hospital for surgery and although the police showed up they didn’t take a formal report as there was no criminal activity and the parties exchanged appropriate insirance information. 

• Useful 8
On 11/14/2021 at 11:56 AM, amarante said:

I think by definition you have to be rich to be in the horse game or else be so incredibly talented that someone sponsors you by buying your horses for you and you essentially work for that person. Obviously there are people who own "horse property" or farms and take care of their horses but at this point the cost of high end champion horses is so high that effectively you can't compete. Of course I am more familiar with the show jumper/hunter jumper categories versus Western style competitions.  ETA Also polo as rich people love to have their own polo teams and will hire professional polo players so the teams are competitive and the owner will play on the team with their mediocre skills and have bragging rights  

I was horse crazy as a kid and tried to keep it up as an adult. My semi-joke is that if had been born to Mike Bloomberg, Bruce Springsteen or Bill Gates - or Queen Elizabeth obviously - I would have been able to take it to the next level. 😂 

I was a multiple WC on a very reasonable budget - you have to work hard but it can be done.  She won more than anyone I know including trainers - thats what 50MM will buy you LOL

• Useful 3

And how does Erika know "they" can't find the police report?  Who is "they"?  Reporters?  Of course they can't find it if it doesn't exist.  The police?  Has she asked for it?  Police always give you a copy of the police report, so doesn't Erika have it?

• Useful 3
On 11/14/2021 at 11:56 AM, amarante said:

Me three on that one. I was really an eventer, but my barn was mainly hunter/jumper. I was the one they always went to when they couldn’t fill the 3’6” equitation classes in Long Island. My horse and I could do it (somebody would pay for my trailering, my trainer didn’t charge) and I certainly wasn’t going to win…😀

Moved to DC and didn’t have the money (or horse) to continue at that level. Then when I did have OK money I really didn’t have the time or want to leave my dog for that long stretches at a time. I still think about starting again all the time. But now I’m just plain old. And obviously do not have next level Springsteen, Gates or Bloomberg money. 

Like Hariette Walters in DC, somebody should have figured out Rita’s game a long time before. Horses are not generally a money making venture. I thought she did mostly confirmation too and not even under saddle competition? 

I also am waiting for the next shoe to drop on Erika. That brand name is IRS and not Louboutin. It might take awhile but it’s coming for her.

ETA - then there was that pond scum George Lindemann Jr. He did have next level money (family was Celluar One) and he was killing horses for insurance money cause he didn’t want Daddy to know his barn was losing money.

Edited by Jennifersdc
  • Useful 2
On 11/12/2021 at 3:04 PM, SassyCat said:

I never liked Erica. She was very intriguing to watch because here was a living cartoon character with a matching cartoon character voice. 🤡 She was always dressed and “glammed” so over the top, even for Beverly Hills. She wore movie star stage costumes. Not clothes. Everything about her was false, and put on to accentuate that she thought and felt she was entitled to FaBuLoUs Fame, Fortune and recognition like the toppest of Hollywood stars have. Everything she wore, said, or did, was her way of getting herself closer to the desired goal of Incredible top-notch fame.

When she spoke to her co-housewives, it was always with her nose in the air with a constant air of distain for anyone around her, instilling the feeling that she couldn’t care less about any of the others. That only constant ass kissing and groveling endlessly to her, would maybe win you a fleeting moment of a tiny bit of her guard going down, and a flicker of a possible bit of admiration from her, towards you. She wanted people around her to contantly hope for a granted a reprieve from her constant  “look down her nose with distain at you” treatment.

To me she was obviously intensely insecure, to feel that her offensive and defensive attitude spigot had to be turned on full blast when around other people. She would hurt you, way before you could ever hurt her. She was making sure of that from the get go. She also was inherently cold. She is, who she is. Someone that guarded, contrived, and a constant role playing extremist, was obviously mentally ill. Thats the way it seemed to me. 

My DIL once caught a couple of episodes with me, and said she liked Erica. I was appalled! Silly kids these days lol. I could understand it though. I’m sure in my DIL’s eyes she appeared strong and independent and not about to let anyone give her guff, or stand in her way of living her life pursuing BIG $$$ and the good life. Plus she really is a beautiful woman especially when coifed to perfection and her costumes (SOME of the less Porn-like ones) are eye catching, unique and expensive looking. 

Yes, I can see how some people could be attracted to Ericas style and looks. Nice people do sometimes wish they weren’t such nice people that other people take advantage of them, because of that trait. Erica is the epitome of of someone who is not “too nice”.

I think the costumes and ranging personas from gun moll, to submissive wife, to (ahem) performer to tough girl are just that.  Personas.  As you say, intensely insecure but I think also a personality disorder of some kind.  She morphs like good grifters/sociopaths do.  Whatever persona is needed at the time.  They will lose weight, change hair, change dress all to make you feel a certain way.  Yes she looks bloated now, poor makeup, terrible hair color to prove how much she has lost.  The poor wife has no money. It has all been so hard on her.  Boo hoo.

The sociopath in my life made herself over when she had to go to court.  Lost weight to look haggard, walked slowly to denote an old woman and took on personality changes.  It is what they do.  They all work their audience.

• Useful 4
  • Love 7
On 11/13/2021 at 8:40 PM, amarante said:

On 11/14/2021 at 10:49 AM, Slakkie said:

I used to show horses with Rita - first her parties were amazing.  Second everyone thought she made her money in the Dot Com craze and it was so cool she continued to work at the City.  The City thought she was making money in horses (ha ha ha).

I’m from Illinois and I’ve always been fascinated with this story. There’s a documentary about it called All the Queen’s Horses. I think it’s still on Netflix. 

Edited by SimonSeymour
  • Useful 7
On 11/13/2021 at 10:04 AM, Jennifersdc said:

That’s what happened in DC. The woman who was running the commercial real estate tax refund office stole something like $50M (yes - $50M) over years and years until she got caught.

Same with the case of Rita Crundwell the comptroller of tiny Dixon, IL.  She embezzled nearly $54M from that town in over 20 years.  It was all over the horse world.  The dishonesty of these people is pure evil. 

• Love 3