Type keyword(s) to search

Erika Girardi/Erika Jayne: Let them eat cake

• Start Topic

On 11/13/2021 at 8:40 PM, amarante said:

I watch American Greed and one of the episodes covered a woman who was the Comptroller for a small town in Illinois for 30 years. She bilked the town for stealing at least $55 million from the town. It was discovered when she was on vacation and her fill in didn't understand one of the entries - and then the whole thing collapsed.

Most of the money went to her passion for champion quarter horses. Everyone in the town assumed that there was family money but didn't investigate it further. You can google Rita Crundwell for details. 

Oops! I knew I should have read ahead. LOL

• LOL 3
On 11/14/2021 at 10:49 AM, Slakkie said:

The City thought she was making money in horses (ha ha ha).

The quickest way to make a million dollars in the horse business is to start with two million dollars! 

I don't know much about halter horses but we raise Quarter Horses for mostly barrel and timed events.  This story broke and of course the rumors stirred up around some of the "hustlers" in our neck of the woods.  Horse traders all over the damn place! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
On 11/15/2021 at 1:50 PM, Jennifersdc said:

Moved to DC and didn’t have the money (or horse) to continue at that level. Then when I did have OK money I really didn’t have the time or want to leave my dog for that long stretches at a time. I still think about starting again all the time. But now I’m just plain old.

You are NEVER too old to compete!  We have women who still barrel race competitively in their 70's and some even in their 80's.  I personally know many.  I'm no spring chicken(50 something) but being in the saddle is something you never forget or don't have an itch to do.  I am retired and my husband funds me to compete and go anytime I want.  It's in my blood.  I'm not a WC but I have at least run in the 1D at the biggest shows and rodeos.

• Love 10

https://www.reuters.com/legal/transactional/bankruptcy-judge-oks-lawsuit-against-erika-jayne-girardi-2021-11-17/

(Reuters) - A bankruptcy judge in Los Angeles said Tuesday he will allow Chicago law firm Edelson PC to pursue claims against the estranged wife of plaintiffs lawyer Tom Girardi in a Chicago federal court.

U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Barry Russell during a Tuesday hearing said he was not weighing in on the merits of Edelson's misappropriation claims against "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" star Erika Jayne Girardi, shooting down lawyers' efforts on each side to argue about the substance of the case.

"It may ultimately be relevant, but that’s something a judge in Chicago would deal with," Russell said.

Edited by nexxie
  • Useful 2
  • Love 14
On 11/16/2021 at 1:04 PM, RoseAllDay said:

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/erika-jayne-tom-girardis-home-sale-price-cut-to-8-2-million/

The mausoleum is still on the market. Another price cut.

And People has a story that Erika swears she’ll never, ever marry again. (But she makes a wisecrack about maybe needing “free legal”. 🙄

Potential buyers must think the place has bad juju, in spite of the chapel.

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Stats Queen said:

Shame on him for apologizing to Erika. Shame on all of them for kowtowing to that piece of garbage.

That dinner scene was the best moment of the season and is high on my list for most entertaining scene across the entire franchise.

I can think of 3 times when stoned Mauricio was hysterical. The others: 1. At a dinner In Hawaii before Camille’s wedding and 2) the bizarre dinner party at Kyle’s when Aaron (Denise’s husband) was describing what he does and how cancer is in the brain. Stoned Mauricio was trying to follow this unusual perspective.

Twice I made my husband watch a real housewives scene. That dinner party was one of them and the other was Porsha on RHOA thinking the Underground Railroad was an actual railroad.

It was my favorite moment too. 

lol those were also hilarious moments! 

Hahaha, sometimes husbands get into these shows when they give them a chance. A friend of mine would get a lot of grief from her husband for watching them, but she busted him watching Housewives on his own!

Edited by RealHousewife
  • LOL 14
On 11/16/2021 at 1:55 AM, SimonSeymour said:

I’m from Illinois and I’ve always been fascinated with this story. There’s a documentary about it called All the Queen’s Horses. I think it’s still on Netflix. 

I watched that. What was fascinating is that the nearby town with same population and budget had a huge surplus while Dixon was taking on debt every year pretty much to what Rita was stealing. They apparently told Dixon years earlier that something didn’t seem right.

Back to the succubus that is Erika to not get too off topic for the boards - she signed all their tax returns too, so not only is she monetarily fucked - she can possibly be facing criminal charges. IMO she won’t for the embezzlement. Personally I don’t think she really knew (or cared) exactly what Old Tom was doing. 

IMO too - Old Tom is going to get off scott free (as in jail time). He’ll likely be able to pull off the dementia defense to not face trial. I personally don’t buy the Alzheimer’s but apparently he was a big drinker - and at 81 his brain might likely be fried from that alone (as I take another slug from my bourbon cocktail - got another good 30+ years to go😀).

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

It was my favorite moment too. 

lol those were also hilarious moments! 

Hahaha, sometimes husbands get into these shows when they give them a chance. A friend of mine would get a long of grief from her husband for watching them, but she busted him watching Housewives on his own!

My husband doesn’t watch but when I was recovering from back surgery and rewatching all the franchises, he would sometimes say “I remember this, it was in a much earlier season” 🤣🤣

• LOL 12
1 hour ago, Stats Queen said:

Shame on him for apologizing to Erika. Shame on all of them for kowtowing to that piece of garbage.

That dinner scene was the best moment of the season and is high on my list for most entertaining scene across the entire franchise.

I can think of 3 times when stoned Mauricio was hysterical. The others: 1. At a dinner In Hawaii before Camille’s wedding and 2) the bizarre dinner party at Kyle’s when Aaron (Denise’s husband) was describing what he does and how cancer is in the brain. Stoned Mauricio was trying to follow this unusual perspective.

Twice I made my husband watch a real housewives scene. That dinner party was one of them and the other was Porsha on RHOA thinking the Underground Railroad was an actual railroad.

Too funny. 100% agree. Mauricio is obviously way stoned. He probably needs it to deal with Kyle on a daily basis. No judgement here (as I look for my gummi)…

Edited by Jennifersdc
Minor
  • LOL 11
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, Jennifersdc said:

Too funny. 100% agree. Mauricio is obviously way stoned. He probably needs it to deal with Kyle on a daily basis. No judgement here (as I look for my gummi)…

I’m also an not one to judge (my wine is legal in all states) but I agree needing it to deal with Kyle on  daily basis. Some escape would be needed…..

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

The best part of that article is the Simply Safe Home Security ad in the scroll behind thingy! Maybe the next article will have an ad for a vehicle stabilizer to avoid rollovers. 😝 

I can hear Kyle, Mo, Dorit and PK bawk bawking from here. I'm disappointed that they apologized to Erika.

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, nexxie said:

Potential buyers must think the place has bad juju, in spite of the chapel.

It was those naked pictures of Erika all over the place!  Now they're at the new cute house.  Does the bad juju follow??

PLUS... That Pasadena house and LAND have some really skeery places - considering the rolling car down some MOUNTAIN, ending in a RAVINE... Not to mention, the freaking SNOW....

Edited by goofygirl
  • LOL 15
  • Love 1
On 11/16/2021 at 5:02 PM, Raiderred said:

You are NEVER too old to compete!  We have women who still barrel race competitively in their 70's and some even in their 80's.  I personally know many.  I'm no spring chicken(50 something) but being in the saddle is something you never forget or don't have an itch to do.  I am retired and my husband funds me to compete and go anytime I want.  It's in my blood.  I'm not a WC but I have at least run in the 1D at the biggest shows and rodeos.

Thank you for the inspiration! I was thinking with working remote and less DC traffic re Covid  it could be feasible. And since I’m basically living out my dream as a stay at home dog mom (see remote) Mimi will be fine left alone for a bit. I already have the barn picked out.

• Love 6
17 hours ago, Jennifersdc said:

Back to the succubus that is Erika to not get too off topic for the boards - she signed all their tax returns too, so not only is she monetarily fucked - she can possibly be facing criminal charges. IMO she won’t for the embezzlement. Personally I don’t think she really knew (or cared) exactly what Old Tom was doing. 

I don't think Erika is worried about criminal liability. She is worried about financial liability in the civil actions.

She is probably on the hook for the $25 million that was "loaned" to her corporation.

She is also going to have to give back any "gifts" or community property. That would include all of her expensive jewelry, designer clothing and artwork. Ruth Maddoff wasn't criminally liable but she forfeited all of the property except for a relatively small amount that she had inherited and which she was allowed to keep.

• Useful 4
  • Love 8
On 11/15/2021 at 11:32 AM, izabella said:

Police always give you a copy of the police report, so doesn't Erika have it?

You would think Tom's insurance company would have it.  Hell, I had to make a claim because a tree branch fell on my car during a wind storm and the first thing my agent asked me is if there was any police report of any kind.  

Also, now that she can be made a party to Edelson's suit, we may not get the bulletins we're used to, but the man is the real deal.  He's not in it for the fame.  He's in it for the victims - and if he can get blood out this stone-faced bitch, he will.  

• Love 21
9 hours ago, amarante said:

I don't think Erika is worried about criminal liability. She is worried about financial liability in the civil actions.

She is probably on the hook for the $25 million that was "loaned" to her corporation.

She is also going to have to give back any "gifts" or community property. That would include all of her expensive jewelry, designer clothing and artwork. Ruth Maddoff wasn't criminally liable but she forfeited all of the property except for a relatively small amount that she had inherited and which she was allowed to keep.

I remember being shocked they let Ruth keep the Goyard totes. 

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, LemonSoda said:

I remember being shocked they let Ruth keep the Goyard totes. 

No shade but her Goyard could have been one of the mirror image replicas that sold for about $65 at the time 😂

• LOL 5
5 hours ago, amarante said:

No shade but her Goyard could have been one of the mirror image replicas that sold for about $65 at the time 😂

I know lol I just remember the pap shots of Ruth coming out of the supermarket like a mere mortal with her Goyard tote. It could’ve been fake but who knows?

I’d love to see an Erika sale! The problem is she bought trendy everything so they wouldn’t get top dollar for a Moschino lips purse. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, LemonSoda said:

I know lol I just remember the pap shots of Ruth coming out of the supermarket like a mere mortal with her Goyard tote. It could’ve been fake but who knows?

I had no idea what a Goyard is, so I googled Goyard tote.  $1100 dollars, estimated on the site I saw, for a canvas tote that looks like shiny plastic on the outside?  WTF?

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, izabella said:

I had no idea what a Goyard is, so I googled Goyard tote.  $1100 dollars, estimated on the site I saw, for a canvas tote that looks like shiny plastic on the outside?  WTF?

Yes lol They come in all colors of the rainbow. Goyard is up there with LV, other brands. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, tranquilidade said:

Seems like she selling herself on Instagram trying to attack a rich stupid man.  She is clearly for sale again. 

Yeah good luck with that Grifter.  
Has she shown up at any Hollywood or New Yawk “pahr-rays” recently?  Or has she been dropped from everyone’s guest lists?   

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 11/20/2021 at 6:37 PM, tranquilidade said:

Seems like she selling herself on Instagram trying to attack a rich stupid man.  She is clearly for sale again. 

Ah…still giving that perfectly manicured middle finger to the rest of us, eh?

Hey, Erika. The victims called. They want their money back.

• Love 11

I watched round four of the reunion again this afternoon and THIS time when I listened to Erika's line of crap I thought "This bitch is FULL OF IT!"

Can't WAIT until the "alleged" victims get some of her $$$....

Horrible person. Horrible.

• Love 13
10 hours ago, goofygirl said:

I watched round four of the reunion again this afternoon and THIS time when I listened to Erika's line of crap I thought "This bitch is FULL OF IT!"

Can't WAIT until the "alleged" victims get some of her $$$....

Horrible person. Horrible.

I watched as well, but had to turn it off. She is such a truly despicable person and watching the same women that acted as if Denise had committed a crime sucking up to Erika was just too much. I don't know or care if she knew what Tom was doing. She knows now and she actually believes she is the victim because she cannot continue with that pathetic, laughable vanity project. Bitch, please.

• Love 20

Upon reflection of the LA Magazine piece: This story goes pretty easy on Erika, but then it’s mainly about Tom’s shadiness. What stood out to me was how Tom plainly stated when they were married that he would not wear a ring. A lot can be read into that both benign and otherwise, but given his alleged womanizing I think he was putting her on notice not to expect much in the way of fidelity — so maybe there is some grain of truth to what she said about his affairs. But at the time she was obviously OK with it…which leads to…

…her quote (I think from “Pretty Mess”) about her dream of being a singer and that she was “bored,” so Tom bankrolled her hobby. I think it’s pretty clear how he did that, so for her to claim she had no idea is ridiculous. She’s not that ignorant, unless it’s willful. As long as the money kept rolling in it didn’t matter where it came from. And Tom was obviously there for every minute of it. “Xpensive — that describes you.” 

This scam just happened to be the one that tripped up Tom, probably due to outright greed. It was a long time coming.

• Useful 6
  • Love 5

I thought the LA Magazine article was a "must read" for those interested in the whole scheme.

It provided a really lucid account of how long Girardi has been violating Ethics 101 by dipping into the trust accounts. Not that any of us believed the whole attempted defense that it was due to senility, but it completely establishes a long running course of conduct.

What was new to me as exactly what happened in terms of the divorce from his first (or was it second?) wife who hired a forensic accountant and found that Tom as already writing checks on the trust accounts and writing personal checks drawn from the business.

It also succinctly illustrates how the "powers" in the Bar enabled his behavior - I believe the President of the Bar at one time was a lawyer in his firm and the investigator who made a very small salary had two children working at the Girardi firm and was wined and dined by Girardi. I would imagine there was also cash payments as well.

I don't think it lets Erika off the hook. I think more accurately one could say that the article isn't really about Erika but about the fraud and Girardi's long standing course of dealing with his clients as well as other attorneys to whom he owed money. Erika is more of an illustration of how he spent money like water - because it wasn't really his to spend. Private planes; lavish spending; personalized menus; clothing and a vanity recording project were all just play money which Tom funded from his ill gotten gains.

• Useful 5
  • Love 7
On 11/30/2021 at 2:27 PM, amarante said:

I thought the LA Magazine article was a "must read" for those interested in the whole scheme.

It provided a really lucid account of how long Girardi has been violating Ethics 101 by dipping into the trust accounts. Not that any of us believed the whole attempted defense that it was due to senility, but it completely establishes a long running course of conduct.

What was new to me as exactly what happened in terms of the divorce from his first (or was it second?) wife who hired a forensic accountant and found that Tom as already writing checks on the trust accounts and writing personal checks drawn from the business.

It also succinctly illustrates how the "powers" in the Bar enabled his behavior - I believe the President of the Bar at one time was a lawyer in his firm and the investigator who made a very small salary had two children working at the Girardi firm and was wined and dined by Girardi. I would imagine there was also cash payments as well.

I don't think it lets Erika off the hook. I think more accurately one could say that the article isn't really about Erika but about the fraud and Girardi's long standing course of dealing with his clients as well as other attorneys to whom he owed money. Erika is more of an illustration of how he spent money like water - because it wasn't really his to spend. Private planes; lavish spending; personalized menus; clothing and a vanity recording project were all just play money which Tom funded from his ill gotten gains.

My feeling is that Erika probably did not know exactly what he was doing. Even if she did, it would likely be impossible to prove. I have never thought there was any chance of her being charged with a crime. But I do believe she will be on the hook for every dime that went into her LLC.  What I found interesting, other than the info about his previous marriage and learning he was guilty back then, is that he was deposed in late 2020 and appeared lucid. I hope Erika is perfecting her bedroom skills, because she is going to need someone to give her 21 million or she is going to have to get by on her howives pay. I realize it's a hell of a salary to most of is, but when you spend like she has fir 21 years, it's pocket change.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, chlban said:

But I do believe she will be on the hook for every dime that went into her LLC. 

Not sure if true or not, but heard that while Tom booked it as a loan on the Girardi law books they haven’t found any loan documents between Girardi law and Erika’s LLC.  And, the money was transferred in multiple loans/payments which makes it really hard to track.  Because of this it is speculated she won’t have to pay anything back because it can’t be proven what monies are an actual loan.  I hope all of this is wrong and she is on the hook for everything plus interest.  If anyone has facts about this please share.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 12/3/2021 at 8:30 AM, Booger666 said:

Not sure if true or not, but heard that while Tom booked it as a loan on the Girardi law books they haven’t found any loan documents between Girardi law and Erika’s LLC.  And, the money was transferred in multiple loans/payments which makes it really hard to track.  Because of this it is speculated she won’t have to pay anything back because it can’t be proven what monies are an actual loan.  I hope all of this is wrong and she is on the hook for everything plus interest.  If anyone has facts about this please share.

I don't know anything about this, but my guess is it won't matter if it was a loan or not.  Money was going into her business that belonged to Tom's clients, so she should be liable for paying it back.  Just like it doesn't matter if Tom used the money to buy her jewelry, I don't think it matters that he used the money to buy her a hobby - it's still funds obtained illegally and is required to be returned.

At the same time, it is Erika's name as the business owner, and her signatures on taxes.  If she didn't report that money that Tom stole and put into her business, then she's also liable for back taxes and penalties and perjury.  If she did report it as a loan and it wasn't, then that's fraud.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, izabella said:

I don't know anything about this, but my guess is it won't matter if it was a loan or not.  Money was going into her business that belonged to Tom's clients, so she should be liable for paying it back.  Just like it doesn't matter if Tom used the money to buy her jewelry, I don't think it matters that he used the money to buy her a hobby - it's still funds obtained illegally and is required to be returned.

At the same time, it is Erika's name as the business owner, and her signatures on taxes.  If she didn't report that money that Tom stole and put into her business, then she's also liable for back taxes and penalties and perjury.  If she did report it as a loan and it wasn't, then that's fraud.

The lawyer who was being interviewed said that while we all would expect this from a common sense perspective, from a legal perspective it is highly unlikely.  Erika’s lawyers could claim she “performed” at Girardi events so those are fees since there isn’t a loan document in evidence.  Or, they could claim that it was a business investment and the business failed so there’s nothing to recover.  Again, I hope all this is wrong and that she has to turn over everything of value.  Posting this here in case anyone knows if there is a loan doc in evidence or of another legal opinion on how the victims can get access to the money.  If this lawyer’s take is correct I wonder if Tom, and Erika, set things up this way as a strategy.  Can’t imagine any lawyer doing a $MM loan and not doing a contract.   

Edited by Booger666
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 12/3/2021 at 4:52 AM, nexxie said:

Her hair extensions on the show were hideous.

11 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

I'm curious - have they announced that the Grifter is coming back for next season?  I heard that Dorit's getting the axe.  

I don't think so. Word is they are already filming next season with the same Coven, along with Garcelle, Sutton and Chrystal.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, chlban said:

Her hair extensions on the show were hideous.

I don't think so. Word is they are already filming next season with the same Coven, along with Garcelle, Sutton and Chrystal.

Including Dorit?

23 hours ago, Jextella said:

Including Dorit?

Yep. I think the only one maybe in question is Kathy. I read she wanted more money and wasn't showing up  but that may have changed. But Dorit is back.

Edited by chlban
  • Useful 3

https://radaronline.com/p/erika-jayne-bankruptcy-judge-orders-american-express-bills-be-turned-over-investigation-fraud/

“A federal court judge has ordered American Express to turn over Tom Girardi's credit card statements — which include hundreds of pages of documents revealing expenses made by Erika Jayne over the past decade. 

According to court documents obtained by Radar, the judge presiding over the once-respected lawyer's Chapter 7 bankruptcy has granted a motion by the trustee in the case.”

• Useful 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5