Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E06: Always Accountable

HalcyonDays
  • Start Topic

Episode synopsis: Daryl, Abraham and Sasha encounter many obstacles and a new threat while trying to return to Alexandria.

Here is your episode thread for S06.E06: Always Accountable.

Prior to episode airing, head on over to Pre-Air Speculation and Live Chat thread for your commenting-whilst-viewing pleasure!

Remember:

• Post No Spoilers (Comics, Talking Dead or Otherwise)
  • Respect Each Other
  • Always Be Civil
  •                                           Be accountable to your comments!
  • Enjoy Yourselves!

• Love 3

Was that Glenn on the walkie talkie? I hope so. 

Unlike some on the live thread, I enjoyed this episode. Daryl trying help those two only to get stabbed in the back. I bet we come across them again. They will rue the day that they did not go with Daryl. 

Abraham thirsty for Sacha was pretty cute. I was surprised that he was right that she was interested. He was handsome in his appropriated uniform. I liked that he found all those weapons. No doubt, the rocket launcher will come in handy shortly.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 12

Oh, Glenn, baby! I knew you weren't dead. KNEW!

That naughty pair crossed the wrong guy. I don't think they were evil, per se - the woman in particular looked regretful - but after Darryl risked his life more than once to save theirs and then do THAT? Damn.

I liked this episode. Even before the Glenn call.

Edited by MichaelaRae
  • Love 8

I still think this episode should have been called "I'm With Stupid." There was just no accounting for the bad decisions made in this episode tonight. Just when I thought Abraham couldn't get any stupider than getting in a screaming match mere millimeters away from a Walker, then he wore that damn outfit. I can't fault him for hitting on Sasha, though.

I sort of liked how the stupid decision that Soup People made actually caused Darryl to find a fuel truck, hopefully filled with fuel. That would have to come in handy.

That last "help," though, was the stupid show runners screwing with me, I say.

Stupid show.

• Love 10

My general feeling about this episode it twofold:  What did I just watch?  And Jesse needs to trip Daryl's bangs when he gets back to ASZ.  Not terribly deep but those were my main two takeaways.  Oh wait I've got a third.  Really Abraham?  Rosita's crying over you on guard duty and you're macking on Sascha.  What a prince. 

• Love 20

Well this was kinda boring. I liked Daryl's storyline more till those two turned on him in the end.

What a lame-o death the short haired girl had. Was she supposed to be the other one's girlfriend?

When Daryl started to talk into the radio at the end I knew we were gonna hear some random person, maybe Glenn.

I struggle with connecting with Daryl when I can't see half his face because of his fugly hair.

• Love 4

How the hell do you introduce a bazooka in an episode and not use it?

It's like Chekov's Wolf. Both will go off at the most inopportune time. 

All I know is, Daryl better get both his motorcycle and, more importantly, his crossbow back. I don't want to live in a world where Daryl doesn't have a crossbow. 

• Love 18

Daryl trying help those two only to get stabbed in the back. I bet we come across them again.

This part was kind of interesting.  I have to rewatch because I missed the beginning.

I liked Abe & Sasha together initially, not sure how I feel about possible romance there.  Some of that was just a little off.  Maybe it will make more sense to me the second time around.

Generally I like all three characters so I'm surprised this ep didn't grab me more.

• Love 3

Is having a voice of a character previously in jeopardy call out at the end of an episode supposed to make me all enthusiastic for what is coming next week?  Because its just not working. Didn't work with Rick.  Worked even less with Glenn.

It seems like it would have worked better with a glimpse of whatever jeopardy they were in.  Think about it... Better to hear Rick calling out to open the gate at the end of an episode or see him running flat out trying to escape the zombie horde.

I imagine whatever situation Glenn is in will be more intriguing that a croaked plea over a walkie talkie.

• Love 2

Was that Glenn on the walkie talkie? I hope so. 

Unlike others on the live thread, I enjoyed this episode. Daryl trying help those two only to get stabbed in the back. I bet we come across them again. They will rue the day that they did not go with Daryl.

I did like most of Daryl's part, but I found the overall episode fairly confusing.

And it never even occurred to me the voice at the end was Glenn! Not sure why I didn't make that connection.

• Love 6

Those two losers(people) Daryl was with might have had a chance to survive if they had been satisfied with the motorcycle. But when they took the crossbow I knew there days were numbered. Ain't nobody gonna get between Daryl and his crossbow.

• Love 19

It's good to see Eric Erlandson finally left the '90s behind, but he shouldn't have taken the crossbow.

Really, another lame episode? Did we get rid of the wolf villains only to immediatley get new ones? Tired of all the new people.

This show is getting really repetitive and dull.

• Love 2

I get why AMC played this crazy game of is Glenn dead or not, but really, it has killed my interest in the show. I didn't think the person at the end sounded like Glenn, but I bet that was the point.

Daryl looks like Cousin It right now. He is in desperate need of a haircut, and a shower. And I speak from a place of love, he has been one of my favorite characters since the beginning. I miss buzz-cut Daryl.

I did like Sasha and Abe. Two messed up people forging together in the world.

• Love 13

Can we please now acknowledge that Daryl can't carry an episode unless paired with another strong actor/character?  Spending an entire episode tromping around the woods with a bunch of no names would have been tough for most of our cast to carry off, but he just isn't up to it.  Not with his current writing.

Abraham, he of the dolphin smooth, managed to be more interesting.

• Love 20

That was Glenn's voice on the walkie? How did I miss that? 

I don't know if I am just way too tired (didn't get much sleep last night), but I felt like nothing made sense tonight. Again. I couldn't keep up with the people Daryl was with - who they were, where they were from, where they were going. Random people they were trying to find and walkers they stumbled upon that they knew. Some bad guys were after them and it went from them filling the woods to being nowhere in sight. Diabetic girl looked like she literally threw herself to her death. The other two turned down a possible safe haven for life on the back of Daryl's bike. (We know they'll turn up again, so he can reclaim that and his bow.)

The biggest mystery with those people was how they had cleaner hair than Daryl, when he lives where there's running water!!!

Sasha and Abraham. That dude was speaking in riddles. My brain feels too heavy to try and shift through all the crap coming out of his mouth. He's into Sasha now? Sucks for Rosita, who's back home, crying on watch duty, missing her man. 

Overall another blah episode. Felt like just a place filler. A way to mark time and draw out the Glenn drama. Yawn. With TTD being bumped an hour, I might as well just go to bed.

• Love 16

Those idiots who kidnapped Darryl are the worst. Why did they wait until someone was actually being helpful and kind to start acting like assholes? I mean, how douchey is it to rob the same guy twice? They complained and got their dumb diabetic friend killed just to go back to where they came from? Ok. I shrug my shoulders and don't care. I'm just annoyed that they got screen time over characters I actually like.

I didn't get that the voice at the end was Glenn's. I thought it was Rick, but Glenn makes more sense. Rick could do more than choke out a weak "help."

I really don't like how predictable the show is becoming in its structure. They have been splitting up the group to build false tension for the last two seasons. You should be able to write your show with enough drama and tension that you don't have to repeatedly leave the audience on the ledge for weeks at a time. This is the same shit they did with Beth disappearing, Darryl coming to the church from the woods with someone behind him. I'm not mad about the show's lack of creativity, I'm just disappointed.

• Love 10
I did like most of Daryl's part, but I found the overall episode fairly confusing.

Glad I wasn't the only one. I found the whole Daryl side of the episode a disjointed mess of exposition that was trying to be mysterious, to introduce some baddies later I imagine, but was just confusing to me.

Random thought: I've been trying to place the girl from the plane webseries whatever thingy from the commercials, and I think I got it! I think she's Michelle Ang, AKA Akemi from Xena's series finale. Yeah, never forgetting that face =_=

• Love 4

Was that supposed to be the 'comedy' episode?  Because I laughed my ass off.  Poor Sonequa looked like she couldn't believe the bullshit things she had to do to pay for her baby's college education.  And I have absolutely no idea what was going on with Daryl and the Double-Crossers.  None whatsoever.  And I'm okay with that because it isn't worth the effort required to figure it out.

• Love 8

When those people turned on Daryl, I thought, "Oh, this has all been a set up and the faceless dudes are going to show up now". But no, they turned on him for no good reason. I'm just so confused.

Edited by TexasChic
  • Love 7

When those people turned on Daryl, I thought, "Oh, this has all been a set up and the faceless dudes are going to show up now". But no, they turned on him for no good reason.

Yeah, like... were they gonna go back to the baddies? Cause that's what Daryl implied...for some reason? It's not like they said they were gonna. Did I miss something?

• Love 1

I am not sure that it was Glenn's voice, but I have hope.

Agreed. I can't say for certain that was Glenn's voice. However, it was tacked on to specifically tease/hook viewers into next week's episode. So, I'm guessing it has to be someone the fans care about and not some random noob.
I struggle with connecting with Daryl when I can't see half his face because of his fugly hair.

For real. I can't get over how greasy it is. It seriously takes me out of the scene. I cannot fathom how this dude has as many fangirls as he does. (And I say this as someone who LOVED Daryl the first 3 season.)

I thought last week's episode was bad, but this one was spectacularly terrible. It's so clear we've gotten multiple filler episodes to stretch out the Glenn reveal, which is angry-making on multiple levels in addition to just being bad storytelling. Bah. BAH, I SAY.

Exactly. It's like the show is such a hit now that they think they can literally do whatever they want and we'll just keep asking for more. Getting real tired of it. It's not as painful as Fear, but c'mon. I know they can do better.

• Love 16