Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E06: Always Accountable

HalcyonDays
  • Start Topic

I anxiously anticipate each new episode. And spend the hour it airs in rapt attention.

But I think this is going to be the first season I won't feel inclined to re-watch over and over, as I have the others.

I'm not really disappointed. I just feel a little... undernourished?

Edited by FierceCritter
  • Love 10

That naughty pair crossed the wrong guy. I don't think they were evil, per se - the woman in particular looked regretful - but after Darryl risked his life more than once to save theirs and then do THAT? Damn.

It's that kind of self righteous crap in this show that makes me crazy. It kind of goes along with the Morgan thing, where he'll refuse go kill people but he'll let them go, knowing they'll kill other innocent people. So these people don't kill people, but they royally fuck over someone who saves their asses multiple times, offera them a safe place, even though they did nothing but wrong him before. Obviously taking people's shit and killing them is are totally different things, even in the zombie apocalypse. But still, those forest people annoyed me.

And a couple DOZEN walkers?!?!?! As in somewhere between 20-30?!?!? I always measure time by Judith's age, and wikipedia said she is currently 9 months old, so the ZA has been going on for over 18 months. So am I correct in my assessment that this bitch killed a walker roughly every three weeks to one month?! For crap sake, we're better off without them. There's already a shit ton like them in Alexandria, we don't need two more.

• Love 14

I liked this episode okay.  I was glad to see Daryl and Sasha again.  I've always found Abraham absolutely ridiculous, and tonight wasn't any different.  His rambling is like the nonsense that comes out Chris Berman's mouth on ESPN.  I don't even try to follow it.  But the random, hey, Sasha, a man knows what a woman wants, and it's me.  I mean...seriously?  Stoopid.  Rosita's really wasting her tears on that dork.  Spencer's seemed fairly useless, but he'd probably be fine for revenge sex.

My two cents about the radio voice is that it sounded like Rick.  I think the radio was so crackly that Help was the only word that came through, not that he could desperately only say Help.  But who knows with the random angles they are taking.  Watching Michael Rooker talk about old scenes from his last season reminded me how scattered and unsatisfying this has become.

• Love 9

I anxiously anticipate each new episode. And spend the hour it airs in rapt attention.

But I think this is going to be the first season I won't feel the desire to re-watch over and over, as I have the others.

I think undernourished is a good way to put it. On one hand, there has been some really great action. Carol in the wolf disguise is one of the best moments, and I think that JSS will go down as one of my all time favorites because of her badassery. (Enid and Porch Dick Jr. can just shut the hell up) but ever since the Glenn death/not really death, I feel like it's just been a lot of AMC trickery and fake outs. 90 minutes of Morgan learning Unagi, followed by Deanna loses her shit and everyone in Alexandria falls in love, and then tonight Daryl makes friends with pyromaniacs and Abe and Sasha are hinting at the horizontal mambo. It just feels like a ploy for ratings, and suspense. I do think this will be better in binge watch mode.

I feel like the writers said, okay, who are two characters that no one has EVER shipped before? Let's do that.

I am mildly intrigued by the idea of a ZA break up. Usually one if the partners just dies, and the other moves on. I would be interested to see how it goes if Abe and Rosita break up, but they keep running into each other at the Alexandria cocktail parties. Oddly enough, I'm for this. Bring on the Sashaham. It's so crazy if just might work. Edited by truelovekiss
  • Love 12

Oof that was a terrible episode! It's been downhill since JSS for me - except Morgan's episode which was lovely but completely out of place - but this one made no sense whatsoever. No idea who anyone in Daryl's scenes were. Couldn't care less about any of them, but nothing made any sense. Essentially we crashed into the middle of some random people's story. It makes sense that we the audience didn't know what was going on, but what's really confusing is that Daryl seemed to understand.

Also, I'm supposed to believe that in all the time that Aaron has been scouting around for new people to recruit, he's never been aware of another sizeable group nearby?

Abe and Sasha were equally out of left field. That was some powerful bonding they accomplished overnight in a safe place with no intelligible conversation, so much so that they've gotten over their respective honeys and are ready to start something with each other. I know this was supposed to be a life changing experience for Abe, but I couldn't follow his epiphany.

And I hate when they have characters appear somewhere without showing where it is in relation to where they were. Abe and Sasha were presumably needing to stay in that building for safety, then suddenly he's on a random bridge finding bazookas and smoking a cigar - that somehow no one else had already taken - out in the open like he was on vacation, .

The voice at the end saying help sounded like Rick, but was purposely so staticky that it could have been anyone, and I didn't see the preview. I'm just getting kinda pissed that they keep ignoring the Glenn issue to give screen time to people we don't know enough about to care about. They keep starting up storylines, only to do nothing with them, and adding characters while most of our main cast has had virtually no screen time this season.

• Love 14

But I think this is going to be the first season I won't feel inclined to re-watch over and over, as I have the others.

This will be the first time since seasons 2/Herschel's farm that I have no desire to re-watch episodes. I'm bored. Where's Glenn? How did TWD become 24? Will Jack Bauer appear, save Glenn and make everything right in the zombie apocalypse? Where's Glenn? They've seriously spent six episodes on events that occurred within like a day. Where the eff is Glenn?

• Love 11

Who were the shrink-wrapped people in the burned-out greenhouse and how did Tina know them?

They gave them names, but I already forgot them. She and brown haired girl babysat them when they were kids, I think.

My question is what is everyone they know doing in the forest? Were they hippies in some kind of a commune? I think they even said they were in the forest when ZA started. And yet, they're living out there for all this time, but blonde guy has only killed a couple dozen walkers?

• Love 5

I was thoroughly bored.  Why did we have to see yet more new characters?  I couldn't care less about Poor Man's Josh Lucas, Pixie Dyed Blonde Elf Girl, and Elf Girlfriend.  I didn't care why they were there, what they did, who was coming after them, and who died in that burned out house.  I cheered when Elf Girl died.  She was so thoroughly stupid in getting so close.  I'd like to think that the "help" was Poor Man's Josh Lucas crying in desperation.  I hope next episode Daryl finds Josh and Elf Girlfriend dead and retrieves his crossbow.

As far as the Inner Reflection of Abraham.  Ehhhh.  Also couldn't care less.

• Love 17

I hope next episode Daryl finds Josh and Elf Girlfriend dead and retrieves his crossbow.

Things I give a shit about:

1) the fate of Glenn

2) Daryl regaining his crossbow

3) the happiness and wellbeing of baby Judith

4) Carol and Michonne both being awesome

5) Maggie's pregnancy, and the fate of Glenn

6) Sashaham

7) what Eugene is up to

8) whatever happened to that random Alexandria kid named Mikey that was Nicholas' son

9) oh, all of those walkers outside Alexandria...and Glenn

10) that random Wolf Morgan won't kill

Things I do not give a shit about:

1) Rick and Mrs. Porch Dick

2) Porch Dick Jr and Enid

3) Carl and Enid

4) Tara and Denise (sorry, I want to like this but I can't make myself. Denise annoys the shit out of me)

5) Who'sDeanna losing her shit

6) Spencer, as a human

7) Olivia's progress rationing things

8) Morgan's morality

9) any random people that are only going to survive for one episode only. That includes wise men in cabins, forest dwelling hippies with diabetes, etc.

• Love 23

Well, I think Abe and Sasha must've bonded when they were cruising around in the Zombie Distractor at 5 mph for yonks.  

Also, the third group running around shows to me pretty clearly that TWD has about reached the jump the shark point where they have to start having someone working on a cure, identifying, classifying, law-and-ordering something.  They need some new story blood.  The storylines seem repetitive because they ARE repetitive. There's only so many seasons you can have people "rebuilding society from the ground up" yet not getting anywhere, because oh wait!  we have to tear it back down again, to give our gihugic audience a reason to keep hanging on.  Soon its audience starts to wish the ride would end.

Edited by queenanne
  • Love 16

I suspect we're okay. Mess with the crossbow (or Michonne's katana)? You will die, and the weapon will be returned. (AMC is afraid we won't recognize characters without their signature weapons.)

True, and you KNOW that Daryl isn't going to spend long without that crossbow. The bike I think he would be more able to part with, but he loves the crossbow like Carl loves his hat.

• Love 4

Many things wrong with this episode -- mainly Daryl's kidnappers and their story didn't make sense. It sounded like they had been in the same general area in the forest the whole ZA and hooked up with the group of baddies who demand "payment" for whatever, but that seems impossible. They'd run out of supplies and have to move large distances and scavage pretty quickly in such circumstances and they'd have to have way better walker killing survival skills than the exhibited living that way. And they never encountered anyone from Alexandria the whole time? Maybe I missed something.

Also, is it just me or is anyone else disgusted with Abraham's sudden willingness to throw over Rosita for Sasha? I've always liked all three characters, and I hate this triangle. Rosita deserves better than to be dumped by the likes of Abraham. And they didn't build a growing closeness between Abraham and Sasha, nor a distancing between Abraham and Rosita, so this just came out of left field. And it's icky!

• Love 13

I'm so over Darryl.

I have never ever considered a thing between Abraham and Sasha. I'm strangely not against it.

The two seconds of the Asian lady apparently knowing about the zombie apocalypse in the commercial minisode was the most interesting thing that happened in this entire hour.

• Love 7

Well, I think Abe and Sasha must've bonded when they were cruising around in the Zombie Distractor at 5 mph for yonks.

Also, the third group running aorund shows to me pretty clearly that TWD has about reached the jump the shark point where they have to start having someone working on a cure, identifying, classifying, law-and-ordering something. They need some new story blood. The storylines seem repetitive because they ARE repetitive. There's only so many seasons you can have people "rebuilding society from the ground up" yet not getting anywhere, because oh wait! we have to tear it back down again, to give our gihugic audience a reason to keep hanging on. Soon its audience starts to wish the ride would end.

Plus, Maggie is pregnant which says "jump the shark." I didn't feel like Judith was a jump the shark baby though. Also, I've said before that I think that they're going to off Jessie and Ron (bye, bitches) and Carol will take in Sam, and he will be like the cousin Oliver/Coral 2.0. So that way we can watch through a child's eyes as he learns the realities of the ZA.

• Love 4

I liked the episode. I'm amazed at how many little groups of survivors exist in close proximity. The Alexandrians were going to get slaughtered sooner or later. Daryl still has a lot of humanity left in him. How could he be related to Merle? He returns insulin, doesn't deflower virgins and protects those who trespass against him. Why did the couple turn on him and why do they leave so many of the turned with their brains intact? Abe's amorous intentions will likely stir some debate. We now have the star crossed lovers with a death wish meme.

• Love 4

So, once again, trusting someone and trying to be decent to them, ends up biting someone in the ass.  Yeah, that sure hasn't happened on this show except, well, all the time.  Now, Daryl has no more crossbow and no more motorcycle.  At least he can take solace in knowing that those two will probably end up meeting their end eventually.  Oh, and he did fine a fuel truck!  But I did feel like all of his scenes showed that even though I like the character and Norman Reedus enough, I don't think he's quite good enough to carry segments without another member of the team.

The Abraham/Sasha stuff was just weird.  I can't make heads or tails of any of it, except Abe is crazy, thinks Sasha wants him (Rosita who, I guess...), and he found a bazooka.  Cool, I guess.

At this point, Glenn being merely alive or dead will be a disappointment.  If he does come back, there needs to be some game-changing shit, like he is now a walker with brain function or has superpowers due to walker bites.  Talk about dragging things out.

• Love 10

Abe and Sasha were equally out of left field. That was some powerful bonding they accomplished overnight in a safe place with no intelligible conversation, so much so that they've gotten over their respective honeys and are ready to start something with each other. I know this was supposed to be a life changing experience for Abe, but I couldn't follow his epiphany.

And I hate when they have characters appear somewhere without showing where it is in relation to where they were. Abe and Sasha were presumably needing to stay in that building for safety, then suddenly he's on a random bridge finding bazookas and smoking a cigar - that somehow no one else had already taken - out in the open like he was on vacation, .

Abe roaming the highway and finding an RPG was a WTAF moment for me.  Seriously?  He just goes for a stroll all by his lonesome and happens upon a truck with an RPG and cigars.  There is another group in the area that was recently shooting at them but they somehow never found this truck.  Or they did but decided hey, why take the weapon?  Who would want that?

And then Abe's speech to Sasha was very Eugene-esque.  I love Michael Cudlitz.  I have forgiven the show for the horror that is that red hair.  Please don't ruin him for me completely.  There are not enough beefy men on TV.  Let me have this one.  Okay, show?  

Edited by Muffyn
  • Love 10

I'm so confused...I think I missed a bunch or wasn't paying attention or?  What the hell were those new people talking about?

They set a forest fire cooking patties with some guy named Neil, and... I think that's their whole story. They seem a little peeved at Neil, though. 

• Love 6

I'm so confused...I think I missed a bunch or wasn't paying attention or?  What the hell were those new people talking about?

LOOOOOL 

Same here. I think the point of the whole thing was to semi introduce baddies for season 6B, but the show was trying to be all mysterious, so the whole thing was fucking confusing. They were escaping from some dudes, and wanted to go someplace to find some people, I think? And the people were dead under some glass thing, for some reason?  No, wait, first they went somewhere and they were zombified in like some factory thing, then they found some house in the woods and they had been there before? I think?

Okay, i have no idea of what was happening, now that I think about it.

• Love 10

(after finally watching, and having read a few replies - here's my initial thoughts on being Always Accountable...)

-  Those two who stole Daryl's bike and 'bow.  Those bitches!  "Thanks for saving our lives!... but uh, give us your shit and fuck off!"  Hate to 'say I told you so', for Rick... but well, he did kinda tell you so, Daryl.

-  So were "Wade and those guys" wolves or someone else entirely?  I'm guessing not wolves, but I don't follow spoilers or the comics, so no clue there.

-  Just because that amount of stupidity demanded recompense, I found myself hoping Abe was gonna get bit there.  Amazing luck that the RPG was left hanging there like a full stocking on Xmas day.

-  Stay away from Sasha, you oranged-haired dolphin-smooth ape!  Seriously, already got Rosita and now chasing the 1A hottest tail, while already having the 1B hottest already in the bag??  Sorry yo, but fuck that.  Didn't get a big "HELL NO!" vibe from Sasha there.  To me, that whole "you got some business to take care of first"/"I know" exchange came off more like "dump Rosita and I'm all yours, stud"/"score!".  Icky.  Then the big goofy smile that Abe was giving her.  Icky-squared.  And dammit girl, you know Rick is where its at.  I'm letting y'all know now;  if these two shack up, Rosita is left hung out to dry, and then Rosita and Spencer start something [as evidenced by that slight scene last week]..... I'm gonna need a serious anger management timeout.

-  I have to say you all have excellent aural distinction abilities going on here.  I truly thought that was Rick (trying/starting to) warning them about what they were coming back to at ASZ.  If it is Glenn, and he will live through all that - well, totally glad he's not dead, but so much for any kind of 'in-show' realism if he gets away without even having received a slight nibble.  Hooray for not losing a well-liked character, but boo for trying to sell to me that '1 man vs a big horde of zombies = just another boring day at the office'.  Yes, I know Rick was shown to have somehow ran through a huge horde to get from the RV back to ASZ, but Rick is the Overlord of the ZA, so that's almost expected of him.  He wasn't immediately trapped under feeding walkers however, with a huge ring of walkers surrounding him.

So biggest things I took from this episode.....

* YAY Glenn! (if him on the walkie)

* most (stranger) people suck

* and neon orange hair - at least the areas that are not shaved to dolpin-smoothness - makes the ladies' hearts go pitter-patter; who knew?!

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 4

I don't know if I am just way too tired (didn't get much sleep last night), but I felt like nothing made sense tonight. Again. I couldn't keep up with the people Daryl was with - who they were, where they were from, where they were going. Random people they were trying to find and walkers they stumbled upon that they knew. Some bad guys were after them and it went from them filling the woods to being nowhere in sight. Diabetic girl looked like she literally threw herself to her death. The other two turned down a possible safe haven for life on the back of Daryl's bike. (We know they'll turn up again, so he can reclaim that and his bow.)

I didn't understand why the guys in the truck confronted the group in the woods, and then turned around and...got back in their truck? Why didn't they attack right then? Why would they let the group out of their sight so that Daryl could get the whole group hidden somewhere. That could have been better edited..

I'm not entirely sure of everything, but I can answer some of your questions. the walkers that they knew were people that they were looking for I believe. The other thing they were looking for - Patty - was the truck Daryl found (The second time I watched the episode, I caught the license plate which said PATTY). So I think they had a plan to blow up the people they were running from I think? (I'm less certain about that part).

The bad guys are apparently opportunistic, and they decided that chasing the group was no longer worth it after the one guy got walker-chomped. I'm guessing they only had the one vehicle left (or maybe two?) and they had to get their handless comrade back to get attention. So good plan there Daryl - that was smart... why kill the enemy when wounding them is more effective? Of course also staying out in the woods after walker snack guy had been screaming his head off was likely not a good idea. Probably any walker in the nearby area would be coming their way, so yeah I understood why the bad guys said something about finding the other group not being worth the trouble after that. Daryl was just lucky that the guy in charge considered the wounded guy worth the bother of saving.

Call me crazy, but I enjoyed the episode, though part of that was my fun at recognizing some of the scenery. That bridge scene was shot in the downtown area of my current town of residence (I recognized the bridge and remember when they shut down the bridge and surrounding area to shoot it), and I was having fun looking to see if I could recognize any other parts of my town. It's not easy, because it has a very diverse architecture. So I had to watch a second time to pay more attention to the dialogue details.

I also enjoyed seeing Daryl after a few weeks of not seeing him. All in all, I enjoyed this more than the Days of Our Lives: Alexandria episode from last week. Now if we can get back to Carol, Carl, and Michonne - who I hope are actually planning to do something about the zombie hoard - I'll be happy.

• Love 9

They gave them names, but I already forgot them. She and brown haired girl babysat them when they were kids, I think.

Ironically, I think they only named the dead people in this episode. If they gave names to the guy and girl who rode off on Daryl's bike at the end, I totally missed it.

• Love 2

That's Glenn in the brown shirt walking up to Alexandria with the gun, right?  In the previews?  

I didn't get any previews - the show just rolled into the next and I changed the channel.  

Really pissed at AMC for holding the preview for next week back until the commercial break in the show that I will not name, or EVER watch now, out of spite. Show a little respect for your audience!

So the preview was embedded in the new show? Blech.  AMC is really getting on my nerves these days.  

At this point, I actually hope Glenn is dead and that wasn't him. It's so manipulative and shitty of the writers to drag it out like this. Do they think we're enjoying the suspense? Maybe for the first week, but now it's just pure fuckery.

I don't want to Glenn to be dead but I agree with the way they are handling it to be pure fuckery.    I'm going to need definitive proof one way or another.   It's so rude and disrespectful to the audience.  

During the season after the prison (on their way to Terminus)  I enjoyed all the episodes with the group split up into individual stories.  But they already did that.  Doing it again, only badly, is just lazy in my opinion. 

Also, I'm supposed to believe that in all the time that Aaron has been scouting around for new people to recruit, he's never been aware of another sizeable group nearby?

Excellent point!

• Love 3

(posted this is in the 'Relationship' thread, but...)

Since I am so both confused and ticked off about it, here's my reaction to a possible Abe/Sasha "romance connection";

tumblr_inline_ncwggzZFCT1rksxnu.gif

Point.  Also, if "Wade and those guys" weren't Wolves, make that TWO big groups separate from ASZ, nearby ASZ.

And not only had Aaron not discovered them, but this/these group(s) never 'discovered' ASZ either.  Kinda convenient for storytelling purposes, that.

• Love 6

I fell asleep when this aired, and AGAIN on the re-air. This show should not be a lullaby. I don't mind if every episode isn't a breakneck pace. But this and the Morgan episode were walker with a broken leg pace.

I didn't watch the DVR on this right away - watched the race until it was called for rain, first - can't say I felt like kicking myself for waiting so long to watch it.

The synopsis of this episode should have been "watch Daryl, Abe, Sasha get shot at, and then sit glued to your seat as Abe & Daryl go full stupid.  41.30 long minutes of that.".

• Love 2

I guess I don't pay enough attention to this show.  I have no memory of the specific events Sasha/Abe were talking about, maybe because I can't remember having seen either of them in any real way since last season, which was a bunch of months and a lot of plot points ago.  And there was FTWD in between.  I think my brain can only hold onto so much info, this show is past that limit.

I also had no idea it was Glenn's voice on the radio at the end, or that it said "help."  For some reason I thought it said "don't," and I assumed it was Rick's.  Maybe this can't be my Sunday night tv experience.  

I do know that throughout the show I kept wanting them to get to the point, whatever the point of it all is.  It's cool to stretch things out, and I think their storytelling method this season is...interesting while not quite being fun/entertaining.  I'm assuming that we're headed for something big, though, since there's only 2 episodes this calendar year or whatever (does that mean we won't get to wrap up the plane story they tell in 1-minute increments until sometime next year?).  So...I'm ready to push on through.  

And not only had Aaron not discovered them, but this/these group(s) never 'discovered' ASZ either.  Kinda convenient for storytelling purposes, that. 

You'd think they would have at least crossed paths hitting up the same places for supplies.  It's kind of an interesting world, though, where you're either kidnapped, eaten, abused, or killed by sheer dumb luck based on whichever group you happen to encounter first.  If I didn't just have a flashback to the Governor I'd say I'd like to see how the other groups were formed, how their leaders rose to the top.  I'm cool just having them be random bands of baddies, though.

Oh- and there was a lot of debate a few episodes about Rick's plan for the quarry herd vs burning the walkers in the pit.  Apparently, you can burn them to a point where they're not much of a threat.  Glad that's resolved.

• Love 6

Please explain to me because my head hurts: Daryl's hippie group quadruple crosses him for...reasons, and then Daryl cuts some moss and shit off a tree, and then Abe puts on a uniform and tries out his PTSD dolphin smooth moves on Sasha, and then they hear a walker sound but turns out it's Daryl. Do I have that right?

• Love 3

Please explain to me because my head hurts: Daryl's hippie group quadruple crosses him for...reasons, and then Daryl cuts some moss and shit off a tree, and then Abe puts on a uniform and tries out his PTSD dolphin smooth moves on Sasha, and then they hear a walker sound but turns out it's Daryl. Do I have that right?

The sound was Daryl pulling up in that oil/gas rig.  And before that, was what had to be the worst 'come-on' in the history of "not-smooth moves".  Trust me, I would know, being the king of 'awkward "I'm into you" attempts'.

And its amazing that walkers have now evolved enough that they know to "play dead", then attack their dinner with surprise (re: the insulin chick visiting the babysittees).  Oh wait, they haven't really evolved, it was just because the script called for an 'interesting' way to watch her die stupidly.  I knew, as soon as she walked up there by the 'bodies' and knelt down, she was toast.  Why was Daryl - or her 'friends' - dumb enough to not check them first?!  Guess Daryl got his 'payback', before he even knew he needed to get it.  Whatever.  *walks away*

• Love 6

I didn't like Abraham hitting on Sasha. Poor Rosita. I wondered if the show was looking to hook her up with Spencer, last week. I should probably move that bit to the relationship thread.

This episode barely held my interest. 

[...] why do they leave so many of the turned with their brains intact?

I watched it a second time from the point where blonde elfie more or less committed suicide snuggling in between two zombies with dry cleaner bags on their heads.  I have questions. 

Why was her friend saying, "I'm so sorry!  I'm so sorry!  We had to try!"  Try what?  And what the hell is the deal with all the baggie heads?

I thought the first one was a walker who died with a motorcycle helmet on, which was pretty funny since Darryl had just wiped out.  But there were quite a few baggie heads as the episode progressed. . .if you want to call that "progress."

P.S>An announcer shouted at us during Badlands that TWD "only has TWO EPISODES LEFT!"  Like, yawn, so?  Just give us the yay or nay on Glenn and call it a day.

• Love 4

I figured Daryl was just humoring those kids since his hands were tied in front of him with a big ol' granny knot that he easily slipped once he ran off with the bag o' crossbows.

Not sure if I like the Abe-Sasha combo but as someone upthread said, dealing with break ups within a group who depend on each other might add some interesting dynamics, if it doesn't go all Real Housewives of ASZ..  I'm also glad that Sasha pointed out Abe's loose ends and that he acknowledged he had some stuff to finish first.

I'm hoping the voice on the walkie was Glenn, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's that cycle-stealing kid needing some gas for the tank or something.  I think he had Daryl's walkie and the one they were using in the gas truck was Sasha's.

So my estimation of the timeline for this season so far, barring backstories and the b&w catchup bits. is just over a day and a half, from walker parade gone wrong to Daryl, Sasha and Abe headed back to ASZ with the truck, right?  We've seen a night scene for each location and I think it's the same single night for the show's timeline.

Interesting that the ASZ has existed in their little safe world for a couple years, apparently within 20 miles of two different threatening groups and yet all their runners have never encountered them while gathering supplies and random people to add to the community/  Or will we find out that they did know about them but somehow have avoided having to defend themselves from them?  Well, probably not the wolves, since they seemed to take the ASZ by surprise, but what about this other group now? 

For me, in the course of watching each week in past seasons, I find some individual episodes to be tedious and just want them over, (The Governor's meltdown and resurgence, for one) but on re-watches after the story has moved forward I can find the bits that contribute to the overall story arc.  I can't hate on single episodes as they are shown, but I'm ready for everyone to get back to home base and make some plans on how to stay alive and together.   I will say though, the Glenn fuckery is going to bite the show runners in the backside.  They should have just left Steven Yeun's name in the credits because they will look like fools if/when he pops up alive.

is it just me, or does it seems like this first half of this season has really stalled out since the beginning of Here's Not Here?  Although, splitting a lot of the people up and then trying to tell the whole combined story of about 48 hours (or likely less) over the course of 8 [7 actually] episodes will do that, I guess.

The first 3 episodes were crazy, then the amazingly humongous cliffhanger with Glenn.... and then, nothing.  Well, not nothing, but nearly so.  Even with the walkers trying to storm the ASZ walls, I just can't say the show has been "captivating TV" since the end of Thank You.  And then with  them dragging out this whole "is he/isn't he? OMG!" thing with Glenn, and it just kinda feels like the showrunners are standing there holding up signs that say "Ha Ha!  Eff you!", while laughing 'evilly' at us lemmings.

• Love 8

I liked  it.  I was expecting something  like  that,  since  we didn't  know what had happened to Daryl, Abe  and Sasha and  I didn't feel disappointed by the  lack  of the other characters. I'm okay with  the  confusing  parts too. Daryl didn't understand what was going  on  and I think it's a legitimate move  when you're telling a story.

I don't dislike Abraham/Sasha, but poor Rosita. 

• Love 5

I will say though, the Glenn fuckery is going to bite the show runners in the backside.  They should have just left Steven Yeun's name in the credits because they will look like fools if/when he pops up alive.

Hmm, admittedly I don't play 100% attention to the credits, but coulda swore I remember seeing SY's name in tonight's credits.  [might have imagined it - wouldn't be the first time]

Been thinking on this whole Abraham & Sasha thing. They are in the middle of the zombie apocalypse, so these things have to been acted on cuz who knows what tomorrow brings. For all Abraham knows Rosita is zombie chow by now. Especially since a big part of the herd broke off and headed towards Alexandria.

Can't say that I have ever seen anything clicking between Abraham & Sasha but maybe I just wasn't paying close enough attention. Don't really care one way or another.

It did drive me nuts when Abraham was on his walk-about, just hanging out there like he didn't have a care in the world when there were people just shooting at you! Kept waiting for him to get ambushed or something. I also kept waiting for someone to shoot that fuel truck as they were driving home.

Good to see Darryl do more than ride here and there on his motorcycle. The first thing I said after hearing the "help" on the walkie talkie is "bet it's Glenn!" TPTB have said we will find out what happened to Glenn before the break but I have a feeling it will be the last 5 minutes of the last episode and then we will have to wait 3 months.

Why was her friend saying, "I'm so sorry!  I'm so sorry!  We had to try!"  Try what?  And what the hell is the deal with all the baggie heads?

Yeah, that scene left me *insert scratching head emoji here*.

What?! exactly.

I think a couple of the burned bodies/reanimated heads actually had helmets on - the one that Daryl crashed near and then came back when the found the rig - but the babysat couple looked they were either covered with a tarp-like thing before were burned (which actually prevented them from being burnt-past-reanimation stage).  It was some sort of plastic, I'm guessing.  Question is; why were they covered in plastic before being set on fire?  Also, were they dead before fire was set, or just incapacitated [thus the weird begging for forgiveness bit]??

• Love 1

Best part was when some random guy got bit, they cut off his arm and the other random guy says lets walk it off.

That and 'Wade' made sure to get the watch off the wrist before tossing the whole forearm away.

Daryl should have snatched the forearm up - could have used it similar to someone using a big juicy steak to tempt a lion, to draw the walkers away from ASZ.

I'm annoyed and I don't give a frack about any of these new basic people they keep introducing. I cared more about the zombie that Abraham was taunting than I did the girl who needed insulin.

Where's Glenn? I need to know what happened to Glenn before I can peacefully move forward and try to pretend like I give a dayum about the others. Seriously! I don't care. I rolled my eyes during the entire thing and kept getting up to do random stuff.

Abraham? Really? NO! I'd rather Sasha stay celibate and cuddle with her automatic rifle.

• Love 5

And a couple DOZEN walkers?!?!?! As in somewhere between 20-30?!?!? I always measure time by Judith's age, and wikipedia said she is currently 9 months old, so the ZA has been going on for over 18 months. So am I correct in my assessment that this bitch killed a walker roughly every three weeks to one month?!

That bugged me too! I wanted Daryl to laugh and say 'bitch, I killed that many before breakfast'. Seriously, how have these people survived???
  • Love 5