Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

I just want to chime in and say that I'm so glad we all have a forum where we can air our opinions in a civilized (grammatically-correct!) manner, without getting pounced-upon for said opinions. Even though I'm 1,000% Team CaRidge, I really enjoy reading all of the anti-CaRidge comments, and actually find myself agreeing with at least parts of them (Caroline really was awful to Maya in Part 1, but I think her smoking-hot chemistry with Ridge made me sorta forget that). Can we all agree that this is the best B&B has been in years? I don’t know or care what KM did or didn’t do to get off the show, but it’s done wonders for everyone else.

• Love 19

Wasn't that the same gun that Stephanie gave to Brooke when she ordered her to kill herself? I think I remember the pearly handle. Maybe the two sons will play out that same scene?

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Love 3

Once again there is talk of the portrait and once again I'm reminded of a place where I have eaten, in Manhatten Beach, called the Chilie Bordello. The waitresses dressed in provocative outfits and Maya's portrait resembled the artwork that was on the walls. Matriarch no, Madam yes.

Rick is the one who is committing adultery but technically not Maya. Caroline did not commit adultery and I'm willing to give her a passes on kissing Ridge as being caught up in a moment. I'm not saying it was right, I'm just saying it's understandable. I just hope Caroline and Ridge wait to consummate their feelings for each other for Caroline would be committing adultery also.

The chemistry between Ridge and Caroline seems to be real where Maya's chemistry with Rick seems more as a means to the end of obtaining the good life. It has to do with Maya's starry-eyed looks and words.

Edited by Waldo13
  • Love 8

I swear, today it appeared that Jacob Young turned the page in the script and for the first time. I believe he was sincere in his words and actually showed that he wants to be with Maya. It was a pleasure to see honestly and I am glad. Let this story move along. 

Ridge and Caroline...they are who puzzle me. Today, it really seemed like it was like 'whew...glad I don't have to worry about that marriage anymore, now we can be together without all of the alleged guilt'. Just weird all around about them today. 

The gun scene was interesting. 

And the speculation about Maya and 

her sister just cracks me up for many reasons...first it was, Maya may be her mother and now, the sister may be so horrible that she embarrasses Rick more that the cheating wife with his brother.

I kinda wonder how this all would or could have played out if Ronnnnnnnnnnnnnnn Moss were still in the role.

I would pay $100 to see it. (He is one of my favorite comedians). On the flip side I'd like to see TK pull off a jaunty scarf the way Ron did.

I agree with those that are driven crazy by the lack of history and acknowledgement of characters once they're gone. FFS, we had a line not too long ago letting folks know that Hope and Wyatt are together in Paris working on their marriage, but we can get one line about Donna calling Brooke about Rick's N. Sane behavior? Brooke frigging Logan, for whom the world as revolved around on this show for nearly 30 years. We still have yet to get an explanation for Ridge's absence when the love of his life lay dying, or when his daughter miscarried. And after all the struggles Bridget goes through for a child, she and Owen leave without a word.

You left out Taylor wandering around in her pajamas. ;) At least we get a Thorne (usually insulting) shout out once in a while.

• Love 3

Hey all!  I'm late on all of this (Been recuperating from some mild surgery) but I just wanted to wish all of you a Blessed 2015, may it be full of health, prosperity joy and continued laughs here!  You all are wonderfully funny, bright and insightful!   Thank you for making this place a favorite haunt XO 

Now on with the show..I have nothing insightful to add to all of your wonderful thoughtful posts because as someone upthread said, every character in this mess has to own their part and I think it's been covered from every angle.   That said....OH MY GERD!!!  I finally got my Caroline and Ridge kissing like they both needed some fresh air in those deprived lungs!  "Say what you want"   Yaaaas!  I don't care 'bout nuthin' else....just get her Ridge!   Kiss that baby so hard that top bun uncoils.

Mileage varies and all but THIS would never ever be as compelling or sexy with Ron Moss.  No way, no how.  Kudos to TK for breathing some fresh sexy air into a character that had become tired and worn out.  I am loving THIS Ridge Forrester and I love that he is finally shown to have at least some sense of self awareness.  It doesn't erase his past mistakes, because that's history, but moving forward I would love to see him have more depth and to at least be about one woman (for a while anyway).  I have no desire to see Brook/Ridge for the millionth time. 

Speaking of Brooke, I love KKL but I'm not in any hurry for her to come back and break the wonderful spell that has been woven in her absence.  This show is popping on all cylinders with her gone and the good riddance of KM.   Still I know she's coming and I just hope she keeps her mitts off Ridge.  I know she can't be without a man for long. 

I've been trying to rack my brain who Kara Mosley looks like and she's adorable, but her face reminds me of Betty and Veronica from the Archie comics.  1845981-veronica1.jpg

For those grossed out by Caroline and Ridge is it the age difference or TK  himself?   I personally find him ultra sexy.  The way he moves and talks and uses his body language to convey emotions.  He's dreamy and I don't mind at all the age difference.  There are a lot of women who dig older men and if Eric can hook up with women young enough to be his daughter (Donna)  then Ridge can as well.  

The person who grosses me out is Rick..he's such a little beady eyed punk with a bad haircut and his pouting is just over the top and a huge turn off.  I'm no Myrna fan but I sort of feel sorry for her at this point that she thinks he's some catch.  If there's something to be learned here it's just how vindictive he can be when he's felt betrayed.  I think Rick may love Myrna on some level, but he's not passionately and deeply in love with her.  What he loves is the adoration and worship and pedestal that she puts him on.  Rick has many unresolved feelings of low self esteem and self worth.  It's why he constantly needs validation from his father and his women.  

Edited by PsychedelicTrip
  • Love 24

Hmm...I wonder which is more disgusting, Ridge macking on a woman young enough to be his daughter or macking on a young woman who he once thought was his daughter, then sister....

I guess I'd have to give the edge to Sicket but CRidge is making me CRINGE. 

So I had to ask myself, could I see myself "dating" the nephew of one of my former loves? Not really. Mostly because of age, I think. Aside from the age difference in Ridge and Caroline's relationship, there are a few other things I don't like about it.

I think TK is dreadful. So I don't like seeing him paired with anybody. I actually think RM would be a better Ridge for Caroline. I think they would make a striking couple. I don't see the chemistry that many here rave about, nor do I see TK exhibiting any subtleties. He never looks like he is thinking. He is so blank. In scenes with Eric he actually came to life a bit, but I haven't seen him bring it with anyone else. I do love his scenes with $Bill though because $Bill keeps besting him. Go $Bill!

And I really liked Caroline and Rick together. This Rick usually comes across as gay to me, but with Caroline he actually seemed like he could be in a straight relationship with her. Like she was the one he would switch teams for. Those two have chemistry together that I can see and I hate that it had to be messed up so early in their marriage. They were such an adorable couple. When he's with Maya he seems so effeminate and so gay. I just don't see what others here see in that coupling.

And then there is just the fact that Ridge and Caroline's aunt were a couple, so even while they are not being incestuous, in an extended family kind of way it sure seems like they are doing something wrong. 

I hope when Brooke comes back she breaks up Caroline and Ridge, $Bill and Katie and Deacon and Quinn.

• Love 1
For those grossed out by Caroline and Ridge is it the age difference or TK  himself?
For me it's everything.  One, the actor is just gross, he's greasy and unwashed and certainly doesn't look like he could be a fashion designer.  He's the creepy guy sitting in the bookstore cafe all day long and just looking at people as they walk by him on the way to the bathroom.  Two, he is old enough to be her father, I don't care how old they are trying to say he is or that this actor is younger than the first one.  There's no way Ridge can be anything less than 55 years old.  Rick has to be at least 30 and I'd say he's closer to 35.  Lastly, Ridge and Caroline's aunt, the first Caroline, were actually married.  I guess Eric and Brooke and Taylor have all bedded multiple generations of the same family, but still.
  • Love 5

Look at least he dropped the poems. Imagine hearing those for what....almost 20 years? I have no idea when he debuted Brown Penny.

His stint on OLTL was 1995-1997, so yeah.  While I don't particularly care for TK's original poetry, Brown Penny is Yeats.  It fit his character, an Irish poet reciting Irish poetry.  It did get old fast.  :-)    ETA: TK does have a great voice for poetry, if you like that kind of thing.

Edited by tessaray
  • Love 2
I keep meaning to pipe up on this: Regarding Brooke bursting back onto the scene, I think one reason she didn't have any chemistry with Ridge 2.0 is that she's older than he is (53 to his 48) and looks it. She looks good, but she looks older, and they just don't gel right. Same with Hunter Tylo never getting any scenes with nuRidge (she's 52 and looks 62). So I'm hoping that Brad Bell and TIIC realize that it failed horribly with this Ridge and Brooke and finally put the nail in that coffin. (Call me a dreamer...)

I actually thought they had some chemistry in their initial scenes together, especially that first reunion outside.  But, along with selling the kind of besotted thing he's doing with Caroline, another thing TK is really good at is shutting it down with a co-star when his character is supposed to be done with them (whether it be romantic or more friend/family stuff).  And once Ridge found out about Brill and was pissed off and turned off, TK sold that.  He reined the chemistry in and didn't do any of the little things he does to sell romantic connections.  But I do agree that I don't want to see them jump right back into Ridge/Brooke.  I want to see him explore this thing with Caroline, and I want to see Brooke completely over him after the Katie fiasco.  Let them both move on.  I now it's unlikely they'll ever be completely off the table, but let them be completely out of each other's romantic lives for a good long time.  

• Love 5

No offense but Caroline 2.0 is no Joanna Johnson Caroline 1.0. I couldn't believe Ridge & the writers were comparing the two. It's too bad JJ left when she did. I think she would have been the real star (she sorta was) had she stayed longer. I think I read that JJ has regretted leaving. I haven't really missed KKL (who I like), KM or HT. The constant 4-5 days a week of KM was ridiculous. Brad Bell hasn't missed a beat with Caroline/Rick/Maya/Ridge. That said, I am interested too see what Brooke's reaction to all of this is.

• Love 4

Caroline should feel ashamed because she broke her vows to her husband. Maya shouldn't be slut shamed because she's sleeping with a man who is all but legally separated from his wife. Actually, no one should ever be slut shamed for any reason.

COMPLETELY agree with the part I bolded!  And yes, Maya is sleeping with a married man who is separated from his wife, but it didn't happen sooner despite her efforts to seduce a very married Rick (like that stupid steam room stunt).

• Love 4

I actually meant debuted Brown Penny on the soap. I hate poetry and that did not help. However, I have always hated TK characters--his Ridge is a character that I hate least (not saying much, but still). 

Ah, sorry.  I didn't like Patrick Thornhart but loved Ian.  (Not sure if it was because of the drippy poetry or the better female costars on PC.)  I liked Zach Slater, too, especially with Kendall.   On B&B I really like his father/son dynamic with Eric, as much or more than with Caroline. 

• Love 4

Wasn't that the same gun that Stephanie gave to Brooke when she ordered her to kill herself? I think I remember the pearly handle. Maybe the two sons will play out that same scene?

Yes it was. That gun has gotten around. Storm Logan used it to shoot Stephanie, he also used it to accidentally shoot Katie, then finally turned it on himself so that Katie could have his telltale heart.

"Stormy's got a gun. Stormy's got a gun. Stephanie had better run..."

For me it's everything.  One, the actor is just gross, he's greasy and unwashed and certainly doesn't look like he could be a fashion designer.  He's the creepy guy sitting in the bookstore cafe all day long and just looking at people as they walk by him on the way to the bathroom.  Two, he is old enough to be her father, I don't care how old they are trying to say he is or that this actor is younger than the first one.  There's no way Ridge can be anything less than 55 years old.  Rick has to be at least 30 and I'd say he's closer to 35.  Lastly, Ridge and Caroline's aunt, the first Caroline, were actually married.  I guess Eric and Brooke and Taylor have all bedded multiple generations of the same family, but still.

Ugh. He's like this big greasy coarse-featured fug and Caroline is this delicate little doll. His big paws look like he could crush her face.  To me, LG looks younger than 26 (IRL) more like 21 or 22, which magnifies the age difference. Also, what's with the head-butting? Maybe Caroline needs to keep wearing that scarlet lipstick so that Ridge can actually land on her lips. They look like two bucks about to engage in mortal combat.

• Love 4

TK really engulfed LG's face, didn't he? His head & face look twice the size of her tiny face. Granted, she is 26 & a mother in really life but she looooooks so young compared to him. Of course, she probably enjoys being in a big storyline now that her BFF KM has left.

That said....OH MY GERD!!!  I finally got my Caroline and Ridge kissing like they both needed some fresh air in those deprived lungs!  "Say what you want"   Yaaaas!  I don't care 'bout nuthin' else

Agreed. Caroline and Ridge were terrific today. The actors have chemistry and I'm willing to see where this goes. I have no issue with the age difference at all. With all the inter-family romance on this show, age is just a number as far as I'm concerned.

Though I have to admit to being confused by that gun in Rick's hand - totally out of the blue! What the what the?!?

• Love 12

And yes, Maya is sleeping with a married man who is separated from his wife, but it didn't happen sooner despite her efforts to seduce a very married Rick (like that stupid steam room stunt).

I can't quite forget that Maya not only deliberately destroyed Rick's marriage with her little boardroom announcement, she humiliated him in the guise of being this awesome truth teller.  And then conveniently tracked him down and had sex with him when he was drunk and out of his mind with grief and jealousy.  

Caroline may have given her the ammunition but Maya didn't care what damage she inflicted by using it, as long as she could pick up the pieces.  

Note:  I didn't see Maya/Caroline round 1 and not sure what either one of them sees in Rick.   

• Love 11

I can understand that because it's how I feel about Caroline's master class "1,001 Ways To Be An Elitist Asshole" which had a bonus section entitled "If Your Boyfriend Leaves You for an Ex-Con Turned Model, Be Sure That You Set Up a Photo Shoot Where She's In Prison Stripes and Ship In a Real Jail Cell for the Full Effect."

• Love 2

I can understand that because it's how I feel about Caroline's master class "1,001 Ways To Be An Elitist Asshole" which had a bonus section entitled "If Your Boyfriend Leaves You for an Ex-Con Turned Model, Be Sure That You Set Up a Photo Shoot Where She's In Prison Stripes and Ship In a Real Jail Cell for the Full Effect."

If it weren't for the fact that they are battling over Rick (!) and the queasy racial subtext, I think I could enjoy a long-term Maya/Caroline rivalry.  They do seem to have all the pieces in place for it. 

• Love 4

Christmas came early y'all, or a little late or whatever!! http://cbs.soapsindepth.com/2015/01/is-kristen-alderson-bbs-new-hope.html Hope will NOT be recast! Good tidings to all! Apparently the rumour that Kristen Alderson would be the recast Hope was so appalling to TPTB that they came out and publicly announced plans to dump the recast at this time. No matter who you ship in the quad I think we can all give this a great big 'FUCK YEAH'! Cheers ladies!

• Love 14

Christmas came early y'all, or a little late or whatever!! http://cbs.soapsindepth.com/2015/01/is-kristen-alderson-bbs-new-hope.html Hope will NOT be recast! Good tidings to all! Apparently the rumour that Kristen Alderson would be the recast Hope was so appalling to TPTB that they came out and publicly announced plans to dump the recast at this time. No matter who you ship in the quad I think we can all give this a great big 'FUCK YEAH'! Cheers ladies!

Oh my Lord...was that an option?  WTF would have ever thought that was a good idea?  Just no. 

Holy crap. Wishful thinking on whose part?  Maybe KA's...

<shudder>

• Love 3

As much as I am loving the Rick/Maya/ Carolyn /Ridge master lass...is ANYTHING else going on? There's no counterpoint storyline. What's Bill been doing? Katie? Did Deacon and Quinn fall into a hole? Or disintegrate on someone's lawn? Could RJ come home and try to figure out what the ever lovin fuck is going on with his Dad now? Even when it was 'the Dope Show' there was at least some other storyline going on that they'd check in on. And no, ALy and Ivy obsessing about where Rick is putting his penis these days doesn't count. Unless Oliver can argue with Aly about her fixation on other people's relationships.

• Love 9

I could give a crap about Deacon and Quinn, but I thought that $Bill would be poking his nose around by this time, for sure.  Maybe they're just waiting for Brooke to come back next week so that all hell can break loose.

• Love 1

Thank the moon and the stars for that announcement.  This show doesn't need a new Hope, especially as played by Kristen Alderson.

I'm haven't missed Hope, Wyatt, or Quin one little bit and don't want any of them to ever come back.  I read and watch a lot of true crime, so maybe that colors my view of Quin as a profoundly disturbed and disturbing character.  She can never be entertaining for me.  Wyatt is a slightly less creepy character but his sole focus on Hope and the manipulations and machinations that involved were so over the top and obsessive.  His mere presence in a scene made it tedius to watch.  Also, and this is shallow, but I think Darren Brooks is unattractive.  As for Hope, everyone already knows why she sucks.

I do miss Deacon, though.  Hopefully they'll bring someone on for him and won't just stick him with Brooke (or worse, cut SK loose).

It's strange, but I'm not minding Caroline and TK's Ridge at all.  Not sure I'd be saying that if Rick hadn't have turned into a complete and utter asshole, but there it is.

• Love 9

..OH MY GERD!!!  I finally got my Caroline and Ridge kissing like they both needed some fresh air in those deprived lungs!  "Say what you want"   Yaaaas!  I don't care 'bout nuthin' else....just get her Ridge!   Kiss that baby so hard that top bun uncoils.

Well......it kinda made my toes curl a little when they kissed in that scene. lol However, concerning the age difference . I see nothing new in this. Remember when Brooke and Donna married old man Eric Forrester? Wasn't there a bit of an age difference there? And yes, at first TK came across as scruffy, BUT, I think he is playing the part of someone who wants someone so badly it kinda scares him and he's doing a good job IMHO. Whether it goes anywhere or not,its good soap.

• Love 9

The payoff has certainly been worth the wait; I was growing worried that it would all be very anti-climatic after this long lull. But, NOT! Boy, did they ever deliver for Ridge/Caroline fans. Those scenes yesterday were out of the ballpark; the dialog, the goofing around, the shyness, all layered under a blanket of smoldering, sexy, hottness. I loved it when Ridge told Caroline that she wasn't sweet and she broke out in that big beautiful smile. If this is how they are going to play their relationship; then I am all about it. Those two absolutely outshine everything else on the show; I realize there were other scenes yesterday, but they are really just a blur except for.......

The gun. Is that the same gun Thorne used to shoot Ridge? The same gun Stephanie gave to Brooke and told her to off herself? The same gun Stephanie used on Nick? I can't believe that was random. Rick is acting so unhinged and disconnected, that I am wondering if he won't get the urge to start shooting again. 

The contrast between R/C and R/M is striking. I have never seen once ounce of chemistry between JY and KM; not the first time around, and not this time. Their sex scenes are awkward at best, and when Maya is kissing Rick, it seems like she is trying to suck his whole entire face in. Outside of that, the relationships are playing out on opposite sides of the light spectrum; I see Ridge and Caroline as sweet, and fresh, and real, and bright, and I see Rick and Maya, as troubled, and angsty, and phony, and dark. 

Hey all!  I'm late on all of this (Been recuperating from some mild surgery) but I just wanted to wish all of you a Blessed 2015, may it be full of health, prosperity joy and continued laughs here!  You all are wonderfully funny, bright and insightful!   Thank you for making this place a favorite haunt XO

So glad to see you back PsychedelicTrip; I hope you are feeling much better now, and a blessed 2015 to you as well!

OH MY GERD!!!  I finally got my Caroline and Ridge kissing like they both needed some fresh air in those deprived lungs!  "Say what you want"   Yaaaas!  I don't care 'bout nuthin' else....just get her Ridge!   Kiss that baby so hard that top bun uncoils.

Oh, how I have missed your hilarity!  

Mileage varies and all but THIS would never ever be as compelling or sexy with Ron Moss.  No way, no how.  Kudos to TK for breathing some fresh sexy air into a character that had become tired and worn out.  I am loving THIS Ridge Forrester and I love that he is finally shown to have at least some sense of self awareness.  It doesn't erase his past mistakes, because that's history, but moving forward I would love to see him have more depth and to at least be about one woman (for a while anyway).  I have no desire to see Brook/Ridge for the millionth time.

Shout it out! 

Plus, aside from the sex forcefield around them

I love this! 

I find them adorable and funny and sweet together, too. They have this funny thing where they're sort of shy around each other but at the same time, they can't keep their hands off each other. They're more multi-faceted than any of the couples I've ever seen on this show

That is a perfect summation of what makes Ridge and Caroline so special.

• Love 11

I can't quite forget that Maya not only deliberately destroyed Rick's marriage with her little boardroom announcement, she humiliated him in the guise of being this awesome truth teller.  And then conveniently tracked him down and had sex with him when he was drunk and out of his mind with grief and jealousy.  

Caroline may have given her the ammunition but Maya didn't care what damage she inflicted by using it, as long as she could pick up the pieces.  

Note:  I didn't see Maya/Caroline round 1 and not sure what either one of them sees in Rick.   

I agree with most of your points, but I can't agree that MAYA destroyed their marriage. Caroline did that when she cheated on Rick. If she hadn't cheated in the first place, none of this would have happened.

• Love 3

when Maya is kissing Rick, it seems like she is trying to suck his whole entire face in

I KNOW!! Just yuk. 

I find them adorable and funny and sweet together, too. They have this funny thing where they're sort of shy around each other but at the same time, they can't keep their hands off each other. They're more multi-faceted than any of the couples I've ever seen on this show

So true!! Just like some kind of bird that my granddaughter showed me on the NatGeo channel dances around its mate of choice. lol

• Love 2

I agree with most of your points, but I can't agree that MAYA destroyed their marriage. Caroline did that when she cheated on Rick. If she hadn't cheated in the first place, none of this would have happened.

At that point, the collection was done (along with the forced proximity with Ridge), Caroline had come to her senses and was determined to forget about him and if Maya hadn't said anything, it's quite possible that things would have been fine.  But what I meant in my comment above was less about Maya destroying their marriage as the public way she went about it, which guaranteed the maximum amount of damage. Maya had to make sure there was no way Rick could forgive Caroline, which might have happened without the public humiliation.     

• Love 7

I would have bought that theory if Maya didn't first try to tell Rick in private, but he didn't believe her. That's why Rick already knew what she was going to say in the meeting when she blurted it out and tried to deter it. I'm not saying that she didn't enjoy seeing Caroline squirm, but I don't think that was her primary objective; she just saw an opening and went for it.

Edited by kia112
  • Love 3
But what I meant in my comment above was less about Maya destroying their marriage as the public way she went about it, which guaranteed the maximum amount of damage. Maya had to make sure there was no way Rick could forgive Caroline, which might have happened without the public humiliation.

Indeed; just like Taylor went for the gut punch when she outed Bill and Brooke at Brooke's birthday party. Every family member and friend was there, and Taylor actually did more damage to Katie, who was furious, than she did Brooke. The same thing applies here; Caroline has come out of this mess pretty much unscathed, and now she is starting a new life with a new love. Rick on the other hand, is looking like a demented kook, who is on revenge autopilot. 

• Love 6
I don't get where Ridge is living now. Sleeping at the office? Is he going to move in with Liam and Caroline? It would be hilarious if he and Caroline move into Eric's house, too--and The Quad works out a sharing schedule for Eric's bedroom.

Oh my! Just the thought of that is hilarious. No, I hope they let Ridge and Caroline act like a big boy and girl and get their own digs. Wyatt is outta town, maybe they could camp out there, and since we know Hope isn't gonna be be coming back, I doubt that Wyatt would want to live there with all those painful Hope memories. That would be kind of interesting considering Ridge lived there with Taylor.

• Love 1

I would have bought that theory if Maya didn't first try to tell Rick in warn, but he didn't believe her.  That's why Rick already knew what she was going to say in the meeting when she blurted it out and tried to deter it.  I'm not saying that she didn't enjoy seeing Caroline squirm, but I don't think that was her primary objective; she just saw an opening and went for it.

Agreed. If Caroline had not cheated on Rick, there would have been nothing to tell and therefore, no destruction of their marriage. Caroline had already burned the house down. At best, Maya peed on the ashes. 

And again, Rick would not have been "fine." Their marriage would not have been "fine." I don't give a tinker's dam that Caroline ended it. She still cheated and Rick had a right to know that. Him never finding out means everything that happened after the affair was a lie, tainted by information  he knew nothing about. As far as Rick finding out in some other manner and being able to work through it, as he said, if it had been anyone else, he would have had a much easier time doing so, but not with Ridge. The public humiliation certainly didn't help, but regardless, Caroline betraying him with the one man who has hurt Rick the most was not going to be easily forgiven. 

If it had been Katie to learn the truth first (the other betrayed significant other) and she had gone to Rick privately with the information, should Katie be blamed for destroying their marriage? I don't think so. And I don't think Rick's reaction to that private conversation would have been much different because betrayal is betrayal is betrayal. The fact that it was Maya who outed them is pretty irrelevant to me and is entirely beyond the point. 

• Love 4

Agreed. This idea that Caroline would have just randomly fallen out of love with Ridge and gotten things back to normal without telling Rick is just poppycock IMO and in Ridge's as well since he said as much yesterday. They were having an emotional affair, THAT is what blew their marriage apart. Caroline's insistence on gluesticking the broken pieces back together because she doesn't like a mess, would not have in any way changed the fact that she's in love with Ridge's brother. A few kisses? My backside.

• Love 4

For those grossed out by Caroline and Ridge is it the age difference or TK  himself?

Excellent points, Blackwing.

TK looks like he's gone to seed, from the way he is groomed, dressed and slouches around.

RM wore some "eclectic" accessories from time to time, and his mullet ... well, it was a mullet, but he was always well groomed, his posture and carriage was in keeping with his attitude as heir apparent at Forrester Creations. RMs Ridge walked around filled with self-righteous pride and was dressed as a crown prince of the company.

That said, Ridge Forrester is not The One, The Alpha and Omega, Destiny or Ideal. Ridge Forrester has always been and always will be garbage wrapped in skin.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 7

Now these are some spoilers I can get with: 

Ridge is thrilled to be reunited by Steffy, and is surprised when his daughter reveals the reason she returned.

Steffy and Liam come face to face for the first time since their kiss that forever changed his wedding day.

Liam reaches out to Steffy to assist him and Bill in their scheme to get revenge for Rick's bad treatment of Caroline, Ivy and the Forrester employees.

Ivy, unaware, walks in on Liam and Steffy and tries to hide her insecurities.

Rick explodes in jealousy after seeing Ridge and Caroline kiss.

Caroline takes Rick's vicious behavior as a sign that it's time to move on from her failed marriage.

Ridge and Caroline plot to get Rick removed as head of Forrester.

To that end, they threaten Rick with legal action if he doesn't step down as CEO.

Brooke becomes suspicious of Maya's motives when she requests that Brooke support her and Rick.

Bill and Katie put Brooke in an awkward position.

As much as Ridge has hurt her, Brooke is stressed over which side to support.

Returning from Italy, Wyatt is immediately grilled by Quinn about the state of his marriage.

COMING: Pushed from all sides, a gun-toting Rick reaches his limit.

FYI: Reign debuts today as Maya's sister!

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 8

Now these are some spoilers I can get with:

Ridge is thrilled to be reunited by Steffy, and is surprised when his daughter reveals the reason she returned.

Steffy and Liam come face to face for the first time since their kiss that forever changed his wedding day.

Liam reaches out to Steffy to assist him and Bill in their scheme to get revenge for Rick's bad treatment of Caroline, Ivy and the Forrester employees.

Ivy, unaware, walks in on Liam and Steffy and tries to hide her insecurities.

Rick explodes in jealousy after seeing Ridge and Caroline kiss.

Caroline takes Rick's vicious behavior as a sign that it's time to move on from her failed marriage.

Ridge and Caroline plot to get Rick removed as head of Forrester.

To that end, they threaten Rick with legal action if he doesn't step down as CEO.

Brooke becomes suspicious of Maya's motives when she requests that Brooke support her and Rick.

Bill and Katie put Brooke in an awkward position.

As much as Ridge has hurt her, Brooke is stressed over which side to support.

Returning from Italy, Wyatt is immediately grilled by Quinn about the state of his marriage.

COMING: Pushed from all sides, a gun-toting Rick reaches his limit.

FYI: Reign debuts today as Maya's sister!

Booooo! I hate them. Hope it doesn't mean the writers have taken sides.

I don't care about the age difference either, probably because I'm in Ridge's general ballpark--lol! But also, when I was in my late 20's, I did date a guy in his early 40's. It wasn't that big a deal because our friends were a mix of 20's, 30's, and 40's and we just didn't notice it.

But I think Ridge 2.0 and Caroline are stunningly beautiful together. To me, they're both gorgeous, but I love them more together because they're aesthetically opposites--she's a delicate, feminine blonde and he's so masculine and dark. Yin and yang. Plus, aside from the sex forcefield around them (which for me is off the charts), I find them adorable and funny and sweet together, too. They have this funny thing where they're sort of shy around each other but at the same time, they can't keep their hands off each other. They're more multi-faceted than any of the couples I've ever seen on this show...not that Liam and Hope were any big competition, or Original Ridge and Brooke (who skeeved me out as soon as they started rolling around) but still, it's a match made in casting heaven for me.

Psychedelic Trip, that image of Veronica is "spot-on" the cartoon version of Maya--GREAT catch! And by the way, I always liked Veronica (more interesting than Betty) and I think Maya is beautiful.

Your whole post...it's like you're in my head!   TK/LG are gaw--geous together and for all the reasons you stated!    Archie comics hold a very special place in my heart and as a child I devoured them.  I loved both Betty and Veronica, but Veronica was a bit more of a naughty minx.  I think Kara is beautiful too.  She has a doll like face. 

Well......it kinda made my toes curl a little when they kissed in that scene. lol However, concerning the age difference . I see nothing new in this. Remember when Brooke and Donna married old man Eric Forrester? Wasn't there a bit of an age difference there? And yes, at first TK came across as scruffy, BUT, I think he is playing the part of someone who wants someone so badly it kinda scares him and he's doing a good job IMHO. Whether it goes anywhere or not,its good soap.

That's what I've been saying..  what's okay for Eric is okay for Ridge.    Age ain't nuthin' to me...if it's there...it's there and it's THERE for Ridge and Caroline!  

The payoff has certainly been worth the wait; I was growing worried that it would all be very anti-climatic after this long lull. But, NOT! Boy, did they ever deliver for Ridge/Caroline fans. Those scenes yesterday were out of the ballpark; the dialog, the goofing around, the shyness, all layered under a blanket of smoldering, sexy, hottness. I loved it when Ridge told Caroline that she wasn't sweet and she broke out in that big beautiful smile. If this is how they are going to play their relationship; then I am all about it. Those two absolutely outshine everything else on the show; I realize there were other scenes yesterday, but they are really just a blur except for.......

The gun. Is that the same gun Thorne used to shoot Ridge? The same gun Stephanie gave to Brooke and told her to off herself? The same gun Stephanie used on Nick? I can't believe that was random. Rick is acting so unhinged and disconnected, that I am wondering if he won't get the urge to start shooting again. 

The contrast between R/C and R/M is striking. I have never seen once ounce of chemistry between JY and KM; not the first time around, and not this time. Their sex scenes are awkward at best, and when Maya is kissing Rick, it seems like she is trying to suck his whole entire face in. Outside of that, the relationships are playing out on opposite sides of the light spectrum; I see Ridge and Caroline as sweet, and fresh, and real, and bright, and I see Rick and Maya, as troubled, and angsty, and phony, and dark. 

So glad to see you back PsychedelicTrip; I hope you are feeling much better now, and a blessed 2015 to you as well!

Oh, how I have missed your hilarity!  

Shout it out! 

I love this! 

That is a perfect summation of what makes Ridge and Caroline so special.

Thank you for the welcome back my friend!  It was just minor stuff (being a female is hell sometimes) but I'm feeling so good now.  

I have to agree with you about KM/JY,  I just don't see the chemistry and it's not for lack of trying on her part, but JY just comes across as so flat in their scenes. He's not selling to me that Rick is or was ever into Maya.  Or maybe that is how it's supposed to be played...Rick is still in love with Caroline (which is more what I believe) and he's simply going through the motions with Maya.  Her kisses are much more passionate and he just seems to sort of give them back with a half hearted response.     Someone up thread mentioned Rick comes across so much more masculine with Caroline and that's exactly how I see it; although I never want Caroline with that twerp again.  

ETA:  Ooh those spoilers!  I'm excited! 

Edited by PsychedelicTrip
  • Love 8

Ridge and Caroline's scenes are all very interesting. They sure fell into the kissing and cuddling easily. I guess it wouldn't be hard since they were just having an AFFAIR a couple of months ago. Either way, I find it hysterical because to me--it shows that Caroline lying when she said that she was over Ridge and so on and so forth. 

I also find Ivy's reaction very interesting. She was giggling along with Caroline, so this little development doesn't mean that Rick was half right...oh wait...I forgot, because Rick has been sooo mean he DROVE Caroline back into Ridge's arms--kind of like he did a couple of months ago...but oh wait...that was all THEM a couple of months ago, Rick was a good husband the first couple of times Caroline kissed Ridge and lied about it. 

I see chemistry between Maya and Rick  (always did) and that's all I will say, I don't get into long explanations about chemistry because its subjective and a waste of time discussing. 

Maya's sister appeared and she seemed nice, I'm glad about that. 

Edited by venusnv80
  • Love 5