Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

I would like to seriously address Rick's nonsense about Eric not being Ridge's father. That is offensive, and Rick needs to never let that pearl of stupidity leave his lips again. Blood doesn't matter to Eric or Ridge, and Rick needs to accept that. Now, Rick is certainly welcome to reject Ridge as a brother in any way, shape, or form, but he's never going to get Eric to sever the tie.

"My daddy...my daddy.. not yours!"  Seriously Rick...shut the fuck up already about it.  The thing is, Eric is Ridge's father in every way that matters and no amount of whining and throwing it up in Ridge's face is going to change that.   I'm also sick to death of hearing about how wronged he's been his whole life by big bad Ridge and how victimized his mother was.  Turn the page already.   

Howdy PsychedelicTrip! Thanks for your well wishes and same to you! Hope everything is well after your surgery :)

Hey there!  Thank you so much..I'm doing great!   

I'm Team CaRidge but I appreciate that there are people here that don't like them, either because they don't like the age difference or they think TK is dirty or they don't like Caroline misbehaving, etc. And I respect that people are Team Raya because they like the actors or they believe they have the higher ground, etc. So long as we're all enjoying the show, and that we can respect people having different opinions, that's most important to me.

All of this!  

Edited by PsychedelicTrip
  • Love 8

Oh LSV what a wonderful job today! Loved the reference to history and the admittance that Rick really does value Maya, and that Ivy really does care about Rick, The Ivy/Rick conversation was very well done and the telling off of Ridge was masterful! Good writing, good acting, good stuff!

• Love 5

I'm loving this soap again too, but question. The Bell's put out Young and Restless too Right? And in all those years they've never had an interracial couple that lasted except for dumb ass Lilly and Cane? And on here there was the blink and you missed it Amber/ Marcus hookup that created Rose. So we all know that once Rick is over his tantrum he's gonna drop Mya like a hot potato. But I've been loving this storyline, I like Rick and Maya but they need to kill this Matriarch business um guys it's 2015 no one really does that anymore.

Why haven't we heard about Maya's sister before now? Is she gonna stay at the mansion too? Ooh! She can have Jackie/Steffy's old place just disinfect it before she moves in.

• Love 3

I've been saving my soaps for the weekend, and I just saw Monday's show.  A coupe things:

The writing for Maya is making me dizzy.  She's a gold digger...no she isn't...yes she is...no she isn't...damn, show, make up your mind! She'll say she'd give everything up if she needed to, she just wants Rick, but then she'll speak of "wanting the finer things...who wouldn't?"  While that's true for many people, I often wonder, if she doesn't care about it, why bring it up? And why bring up the "who wouldn't?"  Is that her way of rationalizing?  Or am I just picking up on something the writers didn't even intend?  But as someone astutely mentioned above, you don't see the "Maya giving a shifty look over Rick's shoulder as she's hugging him," so maybe that IS the sign that she loves him.  I just wish the show would be more clear.

Rick said the has "the ultimate power."  I always thought "ultimate power" belonged to world leaders, but what do I know???

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 6

I feel like there's a lot of new viewers to B&B to this forum because of recent posts.

Ridge hooked up with Bridget. Bridget is Brooke's daughter who for a while was believed to be Ridges hence her name. Her birth father is Eric - Ridge's pop. I wasnt watching then but it was a big deal in soap magazines and media.

@tessaray, at the time the actress playing Bridget and RM had crazy mad chemistry and they had their own theme music. The show would play the theme from A Man And A Woman in their "romance" scenes. (You can hear it on youtube.) But they never actually hooked up. It was more an affair of the heart.

At first Ridge was Bridget's father. For a few years. Then it turned out it was Eric. So then Ridge was Bridget's brother.* And she grew up. Then it turned out Ridge was a Marone. So since there was no blood between them, even though we saw them as family for years and years, they almost went for it. Almost. It was strange because it really worked with the actors. It was just so unbelievable that the show was going there, and that it even went as far as it did.

So you can see that in a mirror story line, they could write Ridge to be Caroline's father. Wouldn't that burn Rick's biscuits? And $Bill's? And give our new heroine Caroline quite an angsty story?

*Corrected from uncle to brother - who can keep this family tree straight? We know they can't.

Edited by SweePea59
  • Love 3

Is John McCook really going to be gone 6-12 months? I know that Eric is on some long fishing trip & he gave up control as CEO for a year but has McCook been written out for a long duration? It seems like all the old timers are on (long) vacations. I can't remember the last time I've seen Diamont, Tom & Sofer.

• Love 2

I'm also sick to death of hearing about how wronged he's been his whole life

But, but, but he felt like a bastard while snowboarding in Aspen!!!! #firstworldproblems #richpeopleamirite?

So you can see that in a mirror story line, they could write Ridge to be Caroline's father. Wouldn't that burn Rick's biscuits? And $Bill's? And give our new heroine Caroline quite an angsty story?

If this happened, I would shut this show off and forget it ever existed. B&B finally feels non-incest-y after years of stomach churning relationships. Also, if you're going to set a show in L.A., as a writer you can't expect us to buy a dating pool limited to step-siblings or have characters sleep their way through entire families for lack of a better option.

• Love 5
The writing for Maya is making me dizzy.  She's a gold digger...no she isn't...yes she is...no she isn't...damn, show, make up your mind! She'll say she'd give everything up if she needed to, she just wants Rick, but then she'll speak of "wanting the finer things...who wouldn't?"  While that's true for many people, I often wonder, if she doesn't care about it, why bring it up? And why bring up the "who wouldn't?"  Is that her way of rationalizing?  Or am I just picking up on something the writers didn't even intend?  But as someone astutely mentioned above, you don't see the "Maya giving a shifty look over Rick's shoulder as she's hugging him," so maybe that IS the sign that she loves him.  I just wish the show would be more clear.

I think they are being deliberately ambiguous, allowing them to ultimately take Maya in what ever direction they choose.

But, but, but he felt like a bastard while snowboarding in Aspen!!!! #firstworldproblems #richpeopleamirite?

IKR? To hell with poverty and crack head parents; Eric Forrester Jr. was having a bad day in Aspen.

• Love 8

Take his trifling, dirty, waffling, woman using ass to the cleaners ala Sami Brady or Carly Benson.

Maya = Sami Brady or Carly Benson is a compliment?!? I'm really confused by this because neither of those characters are particularly ... positive. Also? Maya would have to be around for a lot more years for her to come close to making an impact like either of those characters. And yeah acting-wise KM would have to improve (in my opinion naturally and being fully able to judge an actors work from one show to another) by A LOT to come close to Alison Sweeney or any of the many actresses who have played Carly over the years.

Or perhaps the comparison is because Maya was sticking her nose in where it shouldn't be and shouting at someone when it really wasn't her place (she's not the CEO and she's not really in charge of anything ... she's the mistress and head model). I guess that is a very Sami or Carly thing to do. The shouting for sure.

they almost went for it. Almost. It was strange because it really worked with the actors. It was just so unbelievable that the show was going there, and that it even went as far as it did.

I'd have to agree with this. That whole Ridge/Bridget thing was working in terms of the actors chemistry etc but I couldn't quite get past the whole 'he thought she was his daughter' thing and I was glad the show dropped it. I was shocked the show dropped it, but ultimately glad.

I for one sure hope they don't go with any Ridge is Caroline's dad stuff. I really like this Caroline/Ridge romance because I think it's so unexpected. It's like the show tossed the actors into a couple of scenes and suddenly this chemistry was discovered and instead of ignoring it, the folks in charge decided to roll with it. Despite the many issues the audience might have with it like the age difference and so forth. Soaps do too much of forcing couples these days instead of letting things happen organically, so I enjoy seeing a couple that clearly wasn't pre-planned. Would I have preferred them not starting out as the cheaters and all of that? Sure, but that's a soap for you! Plus, it happens that way a lot in real life too. It isn't nice but it is what it is.

but has McCook been written out for a long duration?

I'm wondering about that too because didn't Eric say he wasn't going to go once he found out about Rick's plan of evul?!?

Rick said the has "the ultimate power."  I always thought "ultimate power" belonged to world leaders, but what do I know???

That was hilarious. He sounded a bit like Dr Evil. Ultimate power. Hee. It's a fashion house!

IKR? To hell with poverty and crack head parents; Eric Forrester Jr. was having a bad day in Aspen.

And it was all Ridge's fault!

Edited by hypnotoad
  • Love 8

I think they are being deliberately ambiguous, allowing them to ultimately take Maya in what ever direction they choose.

Oh, I'm sure they are.  I guess it's too much to hope they have a plan as to where they're going :(

I'd have to agree with this. That whole Ridge/Bridget thing was working in terms of the actors chemistry etc but I couldn't quite get past the whole 'he thought she was his daughter' thing and I was glad the show dropped it. I was shocked the show dropped it, but ultimately glad.

I for one sure hope they don't go with any Ridge is Caroline's dad stuff.

Same here. With Ridge & Bridget, that whole she's your daughter...no she's your sister...no she's your nothing... was stomach churning.  "Uncle" Rick being involved with Phoebe, then Steffy, wasn't a whole lot better.  Honestly I doubt the show would bother to explore who Caroline's father is.  They seem to have forgotten that she has gay parents anyway.  Speaking of, shouldn't at least one of her moms have come to LA to just be with her?

• Love 6

They seem to have forgotten that she has gay parents anyway.  Speaking of, shouldn't at least one of her moms have come to LA to just be with her?

I would love to see both her mothers or at least one of them return to town. It would make sense given all the upheaval in Caroline's life recently. But once characters leave town on soaps, no one still on canvas seems to remember them!

• Love 4
I for one sure hope they don't go with any Ridge is Caroline's dad stuff. I really like this Caroline/Ridge romance because I think it's so unexpected. It's like the show tossed the actors into a couple of scenes and suddenly this chemistry was discovered and instead of ignoring it, the folks in charge decided to roll with it. Despite the many issues the audience might have with it like the age difference and so forth. Soaps do too much of forcing couples these days instead of letting things happen organically, so I enjoy seeing a couple that clearly wasn't pre-planned. Would I have preferred them not starting out as the cheaters and all of that? Sure, but that's a soap for you! Plus, it happens that way a lot in real life too. It isn't nice but it is what it is.

All of this. If someone had told me a year ago that the guy reading poems with Katie would have anything approaching chemistry with Caroline, I probably would have thought that person needs a mental checkup. I never saw this coming, and was completely blindsided when Ridge and Caroline nearly melted my tv screen. Even if it turns out to be nothing more than a May/December romance, I think the ride will be worth it. I notice a marked difference in the writing for R/C; so shy and sweet and unsure. I am loving every minute of it, and hope it lasts for a good long while.

Then again, this show is sadly lacking in the power couple category. I think it would be kinda awesome if they set up Bill/Katie, Rick/Maya, and Ridge/Caroline as the future power couples of the show. It would maintain continuity, and reach deep into the show's history, with the never ending fued between Ridge and Rick, it would involve all the core Families, and three of the core characters. I also like the fact that it could open up the opportunity for warring fashion houses in a SL that would be believable and would make sense. I think the show has stumbled onto some good stuff here; we can only hope they treat it with kid gloves and bring it home.

• Love 7
But I've been loving this storyline, I like Rick and Maya but they need to kill this Matriarch business um guys it's 2015 no one really does that anymore.

I feel like most women in Maya's age group would hear "matriarch" and think of someone's stuffy old granny.  

• Love 7

I think the

Brooke is torn spoiler could be more about seeing Rick as too driven by anger/revenge to be making rational business decisions. The next spoiler about the gun seems to indicate that we will have a shooting or attempted shooting as a lead-in to Feb sweeps.

KM, in my opinion, falls into the "If I raise my voice, I'm acting" schtick too often.  But this incarnation of the character is better than the "wide-eyed, who me, Cinderella", the show tried first.

I hope no viewers were harmed during the "anvil rainstorm" about Maya never embarrassing Rick and always being the true, loyal woman.

• Love 6

I thought the same kind of thing about that spoiler.  I don't think it's about

her choosing sides in terms of their relationships or anything, but that she doesn't want to see Rick trash the company out of anger at Ridge and Caroline.  I assume that she's "torn" precisely because of that issue - she loves her son and wants to support him over losing his wife to his brother, but she doesn't approve of him using the company to work out his anger.

• Love 5

I feel like most women in Maya's age group would hear "matriarch" and think of someone's stuffy old granny.  

I wonder what she thinks a "matriarch" is exactly? Or what does a "matriarch" do or have, that she wants?  Stephanie was undoubtedly the Matriarch of the clan but she was not greatly loved or appreciated till she died. She was feared and more often than not the clan was disgusted by her. IMO I put most of the blame for Maya's ambiguity on the writing but some belongs to the actor's lack of skill. She was pretty clear about wanting the finer things that come with Rick a lot more that just wanting Rick, with Carter.

• Love 5

Bridget--a mashup of the names Brooke and Ridge when she though Bridget was Ridge's child. Then it came out that she was Eric's daughter a few years later.

Then, years after THAT, a old flame of Stephanie's named Massimo was revealed as Ridge's father. Taylor died shortly after that and I think Bridget moved in to help with the kids. That's when Massimo put the bug in his ear about Bridget being a good mother to the kids and eventually the two of them end up making out.

It was the the most universally panned SL in the show's entire history and thankfully was scrapped before the two of them actually boinked; sadly,it paved the way for other such pairings like Rick with both (!) of Ridge's twin daughters and and the boring blandness that was Hope and Thomas.

ETA: And I think the Ridget relationship completely overshadowed what should have been a game changing moment in B&B. Stephanie's "morals" were proved to be hypocritical lies and Ridge sees his mother for the vile creature everyone else knew her to be. Brooke also got a lot of well-deserved words to say to Steph, and that was awesome to see. Instead,many I've talked to just saw it as a cheat for Baby Bell to squeeze in more borderline incest pairings, which I think was unfair to the initial story.

For all the talk about Stephanie getting knocked up suddenly back in the early days of the show, I wonder if Bell didn't have this in mind way back in 1987. I mean,the party where Ridge was supposed to have been conceived at (*insert brain bleach here*) took place on the boat of a fellow student. Who's to say it wasn't Massimo's boat? I hear shipping moguls have lots of extra cash around for yatchs. ;)

ETA 2 Electric Boogaloo: to Tessaray, cuz I somehow missed the other posts. Frigging technology :/

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 8

I'm finally caught up and while LG kind of glows with TK, I would have liked a day or two between the previous guy and the new guy. I don't think this show knows how to do that, though. At least the acting is several notches above the H/L/W showdown at the Eiffel Tower.

The guys who play Carter and Othello seem like good guys in their own way but their scenes were painful to sit through. I like Othello, just for his affection for Rick and Maya because they need that - but an actor he is not. Carter - I want to like him more, and he's okay being Ridge's friend but sheesh... he makes me feel sorry for Maya.

It's no secret that I am on the CaRidge ship but one of the spoilers had me going WTF?

Brooke doesn't know who to side with? Really? Her son or her ex-husband? How messed up is that?

It's classic Brooke. It's also the reason all the hate for Ridge is excessive because she has as much culpability in their fucked up union as he does.

How that spoiler is a surprise to Rick is beyond me, given the things Brooke has done for "destiny."

• Love 6

hypnotoad I'm declaring a moratorium on our back and forth about Maya and KM we don't see eye to eye and that's fine.

Ridge's tantrum yesterday when his boss asked him for his work was pathetic. He throws the same hissy fit when anyone but him is in charge wvery.single.time. and TK took it real Ronn Moss with the confrontation, his phrasing and finger pointing were so reminiscent. I appreciated that, it's the Ridge I know and grew up with, the one I love to hate and the one I prefer.

I agree with the above poster who said the way RM carried himself was so much more appropriate to a fashion designer with "good breeding". They need to check TK's wardrobe, posture and overall grooming because he's certainly not unattractive but nothing about his current appearance defers to that statement.

Anna Yolei Oh how I long for a Kate Roberts type of mother for Rick. I guess Quinn is the closest, maybe he should get an adult adoption like Marcus?

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 1

I agree with the above poster who said the way RM carried himself was so much more appropriate to a fashion designer with "good breeding". They need to check TK's wardrobe, posture and overall grooming because he's certainly not unattractive but nothing about his current appearance defers to that statement.

Seriously this guy is the male equivalent of Amelia Hienkle (sic?) On Y&R, playing a character that's historically been groomed and polished to be a business mogul, but the actress decided she wants to go with her bohemian hippie look the past three years. Just no.

Ronn Moss may have the fashion sense of a colorblind guy stuck in the 70s, but Ridge Forrester always dressed like the heir apparent to FC and if nothing else,Moss rarely if ever broke character.

Anna Yolei Oh how I long for a Kate Roberts type of mother for Rick. I guess Quinn is the closest, maybe he should get an adult adoption like Marcus?

Hahaha!

Hey,with Hope not around to make it all about her, why not go after her next?

• Love 1

How that spoiler is a surprise to Rick is beyond me, given the things Brooke has done for "destiny."I

In this case, though, I won't really blame Brooke if she sides against Rick. He's being a little tyrant, and son or not, I'd hope Brooke would stick up for who is right.

The way the "matriarch" was acting on yesterday's show, all I can say is I really hope Nicole (I think that's what Maya's sister said her name is) does to something to show that little miss "honest & trustworthy" isn't all she's making herself out to be.

• Love 4

I do wish TK was dressed better as Ridge because it seems like he's been in that same suit for over a year. However, I thought some of the changes in Ridge were because of his time away and great pain from the text break up with Brooke. Like he was in Paris thinking 'I'm going to lose this mullet and take up poetry and perhaps I can become a better man.' Seriously though I thought the time away and experiences there allegedly led to a changed Ridge so perhaps that's supposed to be reflected in his appearance and so forth? And maybe I'm reaching just a bit.

• Love 3

Seriously this guy is the male equivalent of Amelia Hienkle (sic?) On Y&R, playing a character that's historically been groomed and polished to be a business mogul, but the actress decided she wants to go with her bohemian hippie look the past three years. Just no.

Ronn Moss may have the fashion sense of a colorblind guy stuck in the 70s, but Ridge Forrester always dressed like the heir apparent to FC and if nothing else,Moss rarely if ever broke character.

Hahaha!

Hey,with Hope not around to make it all about her, why not go after her next?

So funny you brought this up because I've been bitter about that recast for years. Although I guess to be fair trying to cast someone to follow Heather Tom is basically dreaming the impossible dream so yeah.... they really got it wrong on that one.

hypnotoad Reach all you want, I myself quite enjoy some reaching. I just think it's a shame 'cause the dude has something. It really seems like wardrobe hates him.

Edited by slayer2

I need to see this play out more before I can decide who's side to take, business wise. First, Rick was being petty by threatening to fire anyone who looked at him, having Maya approve designs, etc. Now he seems perfectly calm, doing his job, seemingly without any kind of personal hang ups in dealing with Ridge, but Ridge just loses his mind when Rick very neutrally asks him for a work product that was due. IMO, there is no "side" to take yet. I know that Ridge is bellowing about Rick's deception, but you can't really convince me that Ridge's reaction would be too different even if Rick hadn't fleeced their dad; he cannot handle reporting to Rick.

• Love 4

I need to see this play out more before I can decide who's side to take, business wise. First, Rick was being petty by threatening to fire anyone who looked at him, having Maya approve designs, etc. Now he seems perfectly calm, doing his job, seemingly without any kind of personal hang ups in dealing with Ridge, but Ridge just loses his mind when Rick very neutrally asks him for a work product that was due. IMO, there is no "side" to take yet. I know that Ridge is bellowing about Rick's deception, but you can't really convince me that Ridge's reaction would be too different even if Rick hadn't fleeced their dad; he cannot handle reporting to Rick.

Heh! I hear you, it's like they're taking turns with the crazy. If only they could sync up their crazy and then they might see eye to eye....or fist to fist, whatever.

I'm trying not to gloat but I can't help but be as smug as MayoLine when I say that B&B's ratings are soaring. 4mil viewers, apparently it hasn't been this high since a year ago. Looks like we don't need Hope or Brooke too much. Girl, bye.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 6

Meh...after the way Ricky has treated Ridge/Caroline upon becoming world leader...er CEO of Forrester Creations, I've got no probs with Ridge taking a 'tude with Ricky.   In any sort of fashion house, you'll have temperamental designers that is their nature..  Ricky would have shit to 'run'  if it weren't for the designers in that company, that's his bread and butter. So he'd do good to sit his little Napoleonite ass down and rethink his juvenile approach to things.    He's lucky the designers haven't walked out on his ass for taking the personal issues in his life and using them in business to bully and punish.  I don't see any power here, I see a punk in his Daddy's chair. 

WTF is Maya so hung up on being the matriarch?  First of all it generally takes years to become a respected matriarch of a family and usually they are direct lineage born of said matriarch (although not always).  The Forresters are not Maya's blood or her family so probably not girl...but you keep reaching for those stars!   

I suspect Brooke is gonna check this girl hard. 

I think Ron Moss slim build and natural carriage helped with his version of Ridge.  Let's be real here, RM is a flamboyant man and so what we saw on screen wasn't all acting.  TK doesn't have near the same build or carriage, but it wouldn't hurt to dress TK with a bit more polish.  It's sort of sad to see JY/Rick looking more stylish and there is TK with a suit that looks like Columbo could have been wearing it first.    I still love TK's Ridge though;  I never thought Ron Miss me was this sexaaaay!  And I sure as shit don't think he would have been able to sell any of what's currently happening on screen.   

• Love 12

Meh...after the way Ricky has treated Ridge/Caroline upon becoming world leader...er CEO of Forrester Creations, I've got no probs with Ridge taking a 'tude with Ricky.   In any sort of fashion house, you'll have temperamental designers that is their nature..  Ricky would have shit to 'run'  if it weren't for the designers in that company, that's his bread and butter. So he'd do good to sit his little Napoleonite ass down and rethink his juvenile approach to things.    He's lucky the designers haven't walked out on his ass for taking the personal issues in his life and using them in business to bully and punish.  I don't see any power here, I see a punk in his Daddy's chair. 

WTF is Maya so hung up on being the matriarch?  First of all it generally takes years to become a respected matriarch of a family and usually they are direct lineage born of said matriarch (although not always).  The Forresters are not Maya's blood or her family so probably not girl...but you keep reaching for those stars!   

I think Ron Moss slim build and natural carriage helped with his version of Ridge.  Let's be real here, RM is a flamboyant man and so what we saw on screen wasn't all acting.  TK doesn't have near the same build or carriage, but it wouldn't hurt to dress TK with a bit more polish.  It's sort of sad to see JY/Rick looking more stylish and there is TK with a suit that looks like Columbo could have been wearing it first.    I still love TK's Ridge though;  I never thought Ron Miss me was this sexaaaay!  And I sure as shit don't think he would have been able to sell any of what's currently happening on screen.   

Word!

Now, if TIIC want to keep TK scruffy, they need to do it right and style him like former Gucci head designer Tom Ford.

Tom-Ford.jpg

Scruffy, but with style.

Edited by bittersweet4149
  • Love 11

To me, this comes dangerously close to the "They're artists!  You have to expect this sort of thing from time to time" poo pooing that Eric did.  Artist or not, they still have a job to do, and if they don't like the working conditions, leave.  Otherwise, produce your work product!  Rick could get some Project Runway reject to design, slap a Forrester label on it and he'd be good to go.  Ridge is replaceable and has been replaced many times.  Plus, Ridge is always on some sort of power trip and he constantly needs to be checked (though, to be honest, Rick usually is on one, too).  What was Ridge's excuse when he came back from Paris, fired Oliver and started trying to run meetings?  As far as I know, his official employment status at Forrester at that time was "Guy we know."

Edited by kia112
  • Love 8

I just believe that Maya doesn't fully understand what "matriach" means. I thought the term generally referred to the female married to the oldest male in the family. (Or, the oldest female.) So in this case (of the former), if Maya wants to become the Forrester matriarch, then she needs to marry Eric! What I'm guessing with her is that she thinks it means the woman married to the male homeowner living "up the hill." (So that still means that she's got her eye on the wrong Forrester man!) Otherwise, I got nothin'.

Yeah, I can't wait for Brooke to sink her teeth into Maya. What would be more interesting and unexpected is if instead, Brooke took Maya under her wing and mentored her -- based on how Brooke fought so long and hard to be accepted by the Forrester clan. She also brings her history of sleeping and marrying her way through the entire family.

I MY perfect world, Ridge would look like RM and have TK's acting chops. I've also been watching some of the episodes from 1987 and RM's Ridge really did know how to bring the romance (and seduction.) He also had the courage and finesse to actually kiss a woman. This silly nose and head-butting shuffle that TK pulls really looks ridiculous coming from a 50-something year-old "suave" man, who has a history of racking up notches on the bedpost. I guess the trade-off is that TK's Ridge doesn't stroke a woman's hair like she's his pet Afghan hound!

ETA: I just realized that my wording of the first paragraph didn't make a whole lot of sense!

Edited by grisgris
  • Love 4

Regarding LSV's acting, when he first started, I liked him.  I thought he was very natural and believable and funny and warm.  However, around the time he started being a creeper with Maya and telling her that they needed to be together and continued to do so after she continued to rebuff him, he started getting on my nerves.  I also don't think that shifting Mushmouth out of the picture helped him any.  For all I know, it may have been acting against Texas Battle that made LSV seem so good, but regardless of that, I also think that Carter needs his brother around.  He doesn't "belong" to anyone now.

Is John McCook really going to be gone 6-12 months?

Was there a timeframe on Eric's European speaking tour or did we just assume it? I can't remember there being a line about it but I'm happy to be proven wrong. I haven't seen any PR/press about JMC doing extracurricular theatre work or other TV, but that's not to say he isn't. I might ask Eva on Twitter and report back if I hear anything. In any event, on this show, 6 months could be condensed into two weeks, and Eric will suddenly be back in LA in the blink of an eye.

My gut feeling is that giving Eric the opportunity to take leave from Forrester Creations is a contingency plan for if/when John is unable to work, due to illness or otherwise. He's not a sickly guy (as far as I can tell, though he does wheeze a bit these days), but he's also now 70. At the moment with Eric going to Europe, I think this is more of a lull in the story for him - the action is elsewhere now, between Ridge/Caroline/Rick/Maya - but in the future, it could be a convenient cover to explain why he hasn't been around ("Where's Eric?" "Oh, he's off with his brother going fishing/on a Mediterranean cruise/exploring the pyramids of Giza", etc.)

That's not to suggest that Eric will go the way of Sally Spectra and be eternally on vacation once JMC passes on - I'm sure they'll come up with a story to address his loss a la Katherine Chancellor/Jeanne Cooper - but it's an out for the writers if something unexpected happens. It was the same with Susan Flannery; I remember reading about when Brooke was raped, SF was actually unwell due to her fibromyalgia, so they had Stephanie go "out of town" and stay with Betty White until things in LA settled down.

I'm wondering about that too because didn't Eric say he wasn't going to go once he found out about Rick's plan of evul?!?

Ridge told Eric to go anyway, because I remember him having the line "Go play with your brother", and I went somewhere completely different with it. /Ew

Re: TK not looking the part, I'm convinced that if they gave him a short back & sides and checked the stubble beard he'd suit playing classical Ridge much better. I think TPTB liked the untidy look of TK and kept it to reflect the character becoming a little darker and more emotional. As always, YMMV.

• Love 4

To me, this comes dangerously close to the "They're artists!  You have to expect this sort of thing from time to time" poo pooing that Eric did.  Artist or not, they still have a job to do, and if they don't like the working conditions, leave.  Otherwise, produce your work product!  Rick could get some Project Runway reject to design, slap a Forrester label on it and he'd be good to go.  Ridge is replaceable and has been replaced many times.  Plus, Ridge is always on some sort of power trip and he constantly needs to be checked (though, to be honest, Rick usually is on one, too).  What was Ridge's excuse when he came back from Paris, fired Oliver and started trying to run meetings?  As far as I know, his official employment status at Forrester at that time was "Guy we know."

I agree that just like Rick, Ridge can and has had his own childish and out of control power trips...but I don't agree that Ricky could hire a project runway reject and it would be all good.  FC (as the viewers are led to believe) is high end, unrivaled couture with a certain panache in their designs. It's why Ridge is heralded as the greatest designer (in this fictional world).  So some wet behind the ears newbie is not going to be able to just come in and capture that and or try to pass it off as FC.    I doubt they'd have the sales and succes they just came off of with Ridge/Caroline's recent collection.  That's why I find it so foolish that Rick is doing everything he can to piss off his top designers.   If Ridge/Caroline left  they would quickly be snapped up by another fashion house, or they could start their own company and be fine.   Ymmv and all that, but from my perspective..Rick needs them..they don't need him.    

Word!

Now, if TIIC want to keep TK scruffy, they need to do it right and style him like former Gucci head designer Tom Ford.

Tom-Ford.jpg

Scruffy, but with style.

Excellent example!  TK  could totally pull the Tom Ford look and I much prefer that!  

• Love 2
grisgris I would adore a mentorship between Brooke/Maya. If anyone should get where Maya is coming from it's Brooke even from the perspective that she would clearly do anything for her son. Most (normal) mothers should at least be able to appreciate that.

I hear you, PsychedelicTrip, but I just don't buy it. :-)

If Forrester was the only fashion house, then yes, Rick would need to get it together. But they're not. I don't even get the sense that they're unrivaled. If that was the case, they should have been charging up the wazoo for years. In every industry, there are top producers and companies want to have those people. We see it in soap opera writers/EPs/actors, we see it in corporations, we see it everywhere: people bounce from company to company within the same industry. I work for a bank and every time we get reorg announcements, the credentials of the new people list all of the other top banks they've worked at. Sure, Ridge is a titan among men (whatevskis), but he's not the end all be all. No way will I believe that some other top designer at another top fashion house isn't waiting in the wings to jump ship. And that's not even taking into account that Ridge was MIA for over a year and that he doesn't even design for their line that makes money. I know he left for a bit to work for Massimo and everyone was a-OK.

Edited by kia112
  • Love 2

If Forrestor was the only fashion house, then yes, Rick would need to get it together. But they're not. I don't even get the sense that they're unrivaled. If that was the case, they should have been charging up the wazoo for years.

Either Forrester really does have stupid people working there, or, they're not as high end as I thought they were supposed to be (as kia112 says above). Rick was supposedly overcharging clothing from the latest line in an effort to sink it, and I recall Caroline being appalled at the prices. However, those prices were comparable with the likes of Chanel or Dior, which I thought would be considered Forrester's main competition. So if anything, they've been undercharging all these years.

Edited by ByTor

How long ago was it that (old) Ridge came into work the back way to avoid reporters, who outsmarted him, seven of them shoved microphones in his face, and asked, "What about that KISS?"  How big does your company have to be for multiple reporters to trap you to ask about a kiss?  (Somebody kissed somebody on the runway at the end of a fashion show the day before.) 

I hear you, PsychedelicTrip, but I just don't buy it. :-)

If Forrestor was the only fashion house, then yes, Rick would need to get it together. But they're not. I don't even get the sense that they're unrivaled. If that was the case, they should have been charging up the wazoo for years. In every industry, there are top producers and companies want to have those people. We see it in soap opera writers/EPs/actors, we see it in corporations, we see it everywhere: people bounce from company to company within the same industry. I work for a bank and every time we get reorg annoucements, the credentials of the new people list all of the other top banks they've worked at. Sure, Ridge is a titan among men (whatevskis), but he's not the end all be all. No way will I believe that some other top designer at another top fashion house isn't waiting in the wings to jump ship. And that's not even taking into account that Ridge was MIA for over a year and that he doesn't even design for their line that makes money. I know he left for a bit to work for Massimo and everyone was a-OK.

You bring up some valid points and I would certainly love to see a situation like you describe (another designer wanting to jump ship to Forrester) but as far as I know this show has never touched on this.  The closest we ever got was Spectra stealing designs and or trying to lure away designers (someone please correct me if I'm wrong, as there have been times I haven't watched faithfully)

I think it would be great to see a situation like what is happening with Adidas/Nike play out (Adidas luring 3 of Nike's top designers away) and Ridge/Caroline walk to start their own company or are lured away by a rival and then summarily dragged into a huge legal battle when Rick sues them for breach of contract and taking Forrester trade secrets with them.  Talk about soapy and delicious,and oh how it would up the ante in this brotherly feud. 

Edited by PsychedelicTrip
  • Love 4

If memory serves, couture was not really in the story line while Ridge was in Paris. FC was focused on HFTF, Steffy's line, and trying to bring back Brooke's Bedroom. Wasn't Caroline originally brought in to design for HFTF as was Quinn Artisans to bolster sales. Reinventing Brooke's Bedroom was another effort to bolster sales. FC seemed to be foundering without couture. Ridge and Caroline brought riches to FC not Rick not Maya. I would tread lightly, Rick for Ridge and Catoline leaving, not to say they would, could create bad publicity along with your adultery to bring down FC. Will Maya still be loyal to you as CEO of nothing? Bringing in new designers would be a disaster since it will take them a while to get acclimated and accepted. There is nothing to sue Ridge and Caroilne for unless they have a contract with a non-compete clause. If they are fired, I don't believe that comes into play.

Speaking of HFTF, is that now a non issue without Hope? Has Amy been promoted to couture? What about Wyatt as the front man and marketing expert for HFTF? Does Ivy, Wyatt, Ridge and Caroline have final say, in couture designes, or does Rick and Maya undermine their creativity?

Edited by Waldo13
  • Love 6

I think that floundering is subjective, as I have no idea what the state of the company was.  I know that Thorne wasn't happy with the numbers and was angling was take Rick's job, as was Thomas.  But you can be unhappy with the numbers and still be profitable.  And it wasn't so much that Forrester suffered without couture as that no one was doing their job, much like now.  Eric was doing God knows what (not mentoring Rick, that's for sure), Rick was off chasing Maya, Caroline was off chasing Rick who was chasing Maya.  It was when everybody sat their asses down and started acting like adults that Forrester rebounded.

Caroline was brought in as a distraction for Rick since Brooke thought that he was getting too close to Amber again.  I would think new designers would be a breath of fresh air; no one to get accepted by and acclimated to if everyone leaves, right ;-)

I guess my point is that Forrester does not live and die on the designers and it does not live and die on the CEO.  You can have gorgeous designs and have no one to execute them, market them, get placement in stores, etc.  You can have all the business sense in the world, but shilling an inferior product only goes so far.  You need both sides of the coin and I don't subscribe to the notion that everyone should kowtow to the talent.  Especially not in this company; it experiences a hostile takeover every 3-4 years.  If the designers stopped working every time they didn't like the CEO, we wouldn't have gotten out of the 90s.

I would tread lightly, Rick for Ridge and Catoline leaving, not to say they would, could create bad publicity along with your adultery to bring down FC.

I think if Forrester survived pictures of Eric and his bare ass on the ledge outside of his mistress's window, they can survive anything. But, here's what (I think) the public knows about this:

• Ridge, who is known to never collaborate on anything, designs a collection with his sister-in-law
  • Shortly after, Rick moves out of the home he shares with his wife and moves in with his ex-girlfriend
  • A short time after that, Rick moves back in with his wife
  • Later, Ridge and Katie's engagement ends
  • Rick re-establishes his relationship with his ex-girlfriend and his wife moves out
  • Rick files for divorce

• Caroline and Ridge are a couple

To me, that screams "Caroline and Ridge had an affair" and we all know that the court of public opinion needs next to nothing to go on before they start judging.  Look what they did to Kristen Stewart when she did basically the same thing.

Edited by kia112
  • Love 3

Caroline & Ridge are HOTTTT!.  Of course I am a TK fan from AMC and I think he's sexy as hell.  In fact he's the reason I started watching.  Add in SK and JY....who is on fire right now....and I'm a happy camper.  (Never watched Ronn Moss but he leaves me cold just to look at him.)  The age difference doesn't bother me.  I had a serious lust for a much older man when I was in my 20's....never acted on it and I'll always wonder what it would have been like.

I'm a fairly new watcher so I like the bits of history y'all post.  I thought the ABC soaps (AMC- OLTL-GH) were revolving "relatives I've slept with" but this soap takes the cake.  So Ridge has slept with all the Logan sisters?  Eric has slept with too many women to keep track of?  My brain.....it hurts.

Is there a site somewhere where I can get a list of who has been hooked up with who?

Where are Quinn & Deacon?  Love them!  I want to see them mix it up with Rick and try to take control of FC.  Maya can try to seduce Deacon to distract him......hell let me write this.  I have all kinds of scenarios running thru my head.

...and yay!!....we are still Hope free!  KA stunk up GH and she would have been just as bad here.

Thank God for small miracles.

• Love 6

we all know that the court of public opinion needs next to nothing to go on before they start judging.

True enough. Though I still have a lot of trouble believing the 'public' (of this show) actually cares a bit about this design house and the scandals there. I mean really? I can't think of a single design house in real life where I would know a single thing about romances there etc. I don't see much in the way of coverage for those places for that kind of information. New designs and collections? Sure. Romance and affairs? Not so much.

Ridge/Caroline walk to start their own company

I would love to see another design house to challenge Forrester the way Spectra was always around. Of course, Spectra thrived on ripping off Forrester designs and all that, but Sally tried to branch out from that many times. Shoot didn't everyone from Forrester run to Spectra for a job at one time or another?!? I think it would be fun to have a rival house and the stories that could come from that conflict. I really dig that B&B has gotten back to the work place so much recently. I always find soaps more interesting when some of the stories revolve around work (even though the work places are hugely un-real life like!).

I don't think Rick needs to be tip toeing around his designers by any means or acting like they are not replaceable. I just think he needs to lay off the Napoleon act a bit, I mean referring to the CEO job as 'the ultimate power' is just a little too crazy pants for me.

The scene where Ridge ran into Rick's office on Friday was kind of stupid and I really didn't get why he was yelling. Rick asked for designs and that was it. I suspect it was just done to have Maya run in to defend her little baby man. Needless to say, most of it made no sense to me.

So Ridge has slept with all the Logan sisters?  Eric has slept with too many women to keep track of?  My brain.....it hurts.

I don't believe Ridge ever slept with Donna. So he was with Brooke and Katie. Eric was with the Logan sisters mom first, then Brooke and then Donna. He hasn't slept with Katie. Ridge made out a bit with Bridget who he thought was his daughter for a while (turned out she was Eric's). Brooke also slept with Ridge's brothers Thorne and Nick. Brooke also slept with her daughter Bridget's husband Deacon. Brooke also had an accidental one night stand with daughter Hope's then boyfriend Oliver. Let's see, Rick was with Taylor (Ridge's ex wife) and I believe one of Ridge and Taylor's daughters (or maybe both).

Folks with a better grasp of the history of B&B can probably do a better job than I have done!

Edited by hypnotoad
  • Love 4

Thanks, hypnotoad!  I swear I'ma gonna make a flow chart or family tree.  I started watching just as the whole Paris/Eiffel Tower fiasco started so there a lot of people I don't know yet.

Quick question.....how did Oliver 'accidently' sleep with Brooke?  I assume costumes and masks were involved.

Can you tell I'm procrastinating?  I have a big pile of vintage stuff here on the bed (my office) to list on eBay and I've barely started....;-)

• Love 4

So Ridge has slept with all the Logan sisters?

Not sure if they ever officially boinked, but back when Donna was brought back, she and Ridge had a thing for each other that more or less ended after Brooke dropped Nick's ass for getting Bridget pregnant. It was very much a "blink and you miss it" deal.

• Love 1

Thanks, hypnotoad! I swear I'ma gonna make a flow chart or family tree. I started watching just as the whole Paris/Eiffel Tower fiasco started so there a lot of people I don't know yet.

Quick question.....how did Oliver 'accidently' sleep with Brooke? I assume costumes and masks were involved.

)

Oh my, that was hilarious!

So Hope was having her graduation party (the first often thousand in her honor because, Hope) and yes,it was a mascarade (sic) party. Oliver and Ridge happen to wear the exact same jacket and Hope had told Ollie that she'd tell him the words "I'm ready" when she wanted to have sex. I'm sure you can guess what wacky hijinx ensured next.

As long as Brooke and Ridge have been together, how she doesn't notice it's not his dick in her is baffling...especially since I'm sure Oliver is probably nowhere close to being as experienced as Ridge was at that age...but that SL was hilarious, as well as devoid of any lone tear action from Brooke. I like her in Carly Tenney mode.

• Love 5

Oh my, that was hilarious!

So Hope was having her graduation party (the first often thousand in her honor because, Hope) and yes,it was a mascarade (sic) party. Oliver and Ridge happen to wear the exact same jacket and Hope had told Ollie that she'd tell him the words "I'm ready" when she wanted to have sex. I'm sure you can guess what wacky hijinx ensured next.

As long as Brooke and Ridge have been together, how she doesn't notice it's not his dick in her is baffling...especially since I'm sure Oliver is probably nowhere close to being as experienced as Ridge was at that age...but that SL was hilarious, as well as devoid of any lone tear action from Brooke. I like her in Carly Tenney mode.

Who's Carly Tenney?

Ohio Songbird, do you know about Boinkberry? It's even better than Brooke & Oliver!

Brooke and Thomas had shared an extremely inappropriate public kiss (stunt by Thomas), which was ratchething Taylor up into hysterics, when they were stranded on an island (plane crash, was it?), and the only food they could find were psychedilic berries, which lead to the most hysterical hallucination ever filmed, I swear, and the lingering (oh my god, did it linger) question of Did They Boink or What? Stephanie got involved, there were stock shenanegins, Taylor's hatred of Brooke went over the top, it was great.

Edited by minirth
  • Love 2