Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Those spoilers are setting me up to not bother with The Bold and the Beautiful once again. The fact that they have decided 

to drive the bus right over Rick to lessen the actions of Caroline and Ridge I think is absolutely disgusting. I won't even go into my ISSUES with the way they have written and portrayed and impressed upon the audience the character of Maya and now? Brooke comes back and is torn about where her loyalty should lie? Pathetic.

• Love 5

Carter is such a g-d loser.

Though Jacob Young continues to be my favorite Rick, he is a punk, always letting his women fight his battles.  First Caroline, now Maya.  I did laugh when Rick told Ridge to get Stephanie's portrait out of the garage.  Maya was already in people's faces before she got that ILY from Rick; she's going to be a holy terror now, but it definitely amused me.  Business wise, though, she needs to get some kind of irrevocable position of power going for her.  No one takes order from a lead model.

So...

Ridge and Caroline are going to seek legal ways to get Rick removed as CEO

, but Ridge can't/won't even produce designs when asked by his boss?  How does that work?

Edited by kia112

Now these are some spoilers I can get with:

Ridge is thrilled to be reunited by Steffy, and is surprised when his daughter reveals the reason she returned.

Steffy and Liam come face to face for the first time since their kiss that forever changed his wedding day.

Liam reaches out to Steffy to assist him and Bill in their scheme to get revenge for Rick's bad treatment of Caroline, Ivy and the Forrester employees.

Ivy, unaware, walks in on Liam and Steffy and tries to hide her insecurities.

Rick explodes in jealousy after seeing Ridge and Caroline kiss.

Caroline takes Rick's vicious behavior as a sign that it's time to move on from her failed marriage.

Ridge and Caroline plot to get Rick removed as head of Forrester.

To that end, they threaten Rick with legal action if he doesn't step down as CEO.

Brooke becomes suspicious of Maya's motives when she requests that Brooke support her and Rick.

Bill and Katie put Brooke in an awkward position.

As much as Ridge has hurt her, Brooke is stressed over which side to support.

Returning from Italy, Wyatt is immediately grilled by Quinn about the state of his marriage.

COMING: Pushed from all sides, a gun-toting Rick reaches his limit.

FYI: Reign debuts today as Maya's sister!

Co-sign!

• Love 3

Carter also is played by a bad actor. I don't understand why he's still there. 

Kia112, I think it works because this show has already stacked the deck with this storyline. 

Edited by venusnv80
  • Love 1

Carter also is played by a bad actor. I don't understand why he's still there.

Kia112, I think it works because this show has already stacked the deck with this storyline.

Yeah, the deck-stacking is ugly. The only way this works is of both sides are equally stacked and allowed to look as selfish and solipsistic as their actions. I'm hoping the spoilers aren't exact or that it plays put differently on screen. They still haven't "killed AJ" on the show so I can hang around with the hope that things get better for my girl with her sister around.

• Love 1

Yeah, the deck-stacking is ugly. The only way this works is of both sides are equally stacked and allowed to look as selfish and solipsistic as their actions. I'm hoping the spoilers aren't exact or that it plays put differently on screen. They still haven't "killed AJ" on the show so I can hang around with the hope that things get better for my girl with her sister around.

I don't think they are going for that narrative. Rick and Maya=Bad, Caroline and Ridge=Good and Misunderstood. The fact that Ivy sat up there today giggling with Caroline about the 'new, taking it slow' relationship she has with Ridge and not once asked, 'Were you always harboring these feelings? Was Rick not right to trust what you were saying' (this is 10 seconds after she gave Rick the same ole speech again) tells me that they are going for something and I ain't buying it. Bold and the Beautiful is a soap that I watch when they once a year or so, come up with a story that I enjoy...but my patience with them, unlike GH is very thin. 

Edited by venusnv80
  • Love 2

Though Jacob Young continues to be my favorite Rick, he is a punk, always letting his women fight his battles.  

I preferred KL as Rick only because he came across so much more manly and less little boy and whiny; that said...I totally agree with the bolded.  

• Love 1

Booooo! I hate them. Hope it doesn't mean the writers have taken sides.

It's been quite obvious from the get-go the writers had chosen sides.  Even the soap magazines by the checkout aisles have chosen sides by the look of the headlines.

The spoilers are everything that I hoped NOT to see right down to the supposed "indecision" of one particular character.  It almost proves everything Rick has said to be true, but that doesn't matter anyway.  The show has been infinitely better over the past few weeks, but I've had so much trouble understanding the mindset of rewarding the people who caused this mess and punishing the actual victim and the person who exposed the wrongdoing.  The daily propping of CaRidge is making me nauseous.  I don't care if CaRidge are together, but don't bring them together in the manner they were, then try and pass them off as a paragon of virtuousness.  Don't have Rick be deceived in the manner he was, then try to pass him off as the monster who's the root of all evil.  If they wanted Rick to be a contemptible ass, they should've done that BEFORE the CaRidge affair instead of having characters act like he was always that way.  He wasn't.  He was a really good and honest husband.  Fair and balanced isn't just an awful cable slogan... it's a way to present the stories without overtly trying to tell viewers who to root for.

• Love 8

That said, Ridge Forrester is not The One, The Alpha and Omega, Destiny or Ideal. Ridge Forrester has always been and always will be garbage wrapped in skin.

Preach!

Booooo! I hate them. Hope it doesn't mean the writers have taken sides.

They have. Only JY's strong performance has kept the bus from rolling back and forth over Rick's corpse. And I say this as someone who's had serious problems with his acting for the past ten, fifteen years.

Stacked the deck, loaded the dice, and put a giant electromagnet under the roulette table just to be sure.

• Love 2

It always amuses me how quickly all these characters move on from a relationship.

Just yesterday Caroline was 'fighting for her marriage' and today she is kissing/cuddling with Ridge and has a huge smile on her face while dreaming about Ridge.

Liam doesn't show up to marry Hope at 3:00 on the dot, so she runs off and marries his brother that same day. And Liam pouts for about a week and then trades I Love Yous with Ivy.

Rick and Maya break up, and she is engaged to Carter almost immediately - even though they have never been on a date.

Ridge moved between Brooke and Taylor like lightening for years. And both of them accepted it as normal.

Ridge and Caroline talk about taking their relationship real slow - for this show that means marriage by Valentine's Day.

• Love 10

Regarding the gun, I wonder if Rick fires it and suddenly remembers that he shot Grant Chambers. The idiot twins Taylor and Brooke tried jarring Rick's memory about it after Ridge shot creepy Shane, but to no avail. Seems like a good way to reinforce whatever brotherly/fatherly bond the two of them ever had.

• Love 4

It's starting to really crack me up that 85% of Carter's screen time is him working out shirtless.  Probably to hide his acting "skills"?

Ridge and Caroline.. thank you.  I've always TK could bring the heat when he wanted to, and I think he's definitely bringing it here.  And LG isn't bringing some A-game as well.  Actually, I think JY is doing some of his best work here, too. 

I really need Maya to take a seat.  Sleeping with Rick does not give her the right to boss everyone at FC around.  Plus, she's just so overly solicitous that it's annoying, even a little cringe-inducing.

I don't think kissing someone a few times has to tear a marriage apart.  It's not a pretty side of life, but this is a thing that actually happens - one person develops feelings for someone other than their spouse (which can and does happen unintentionally), steps over the line, and then realizes how bad it is and then steps back.  And the marriage stays in tact and nothing more ever happens.  Feelings can be stifled and then fade.  I'd even wager that many married people have at one point at least had feelings for someone else, even if they didn't act on them.  It's not a good thing, but sometimes there is real chemistry and people briefly get swept away.  Again, not saying it should happen, but it does, and I agree that Rick and Caroline theoretically could have been fine if Maya had kept her mouth shut.  Or if Rick hadn't taken up with Maya right away.​  I don't mean that it's all Maya's fault, because as noted, there would be nothing to tell if Caroline and Ridge hadn't let things get out of hand.  I think everyone involved in this quad is to blame for the mess.  But it's a mess I'm enjoying, except for Maya's acting.

• Love 11

Let's see kissing a stranger a few times and fantasizing about them...hmm probably not. Kissing your husband's brother, who he has ALWAYS had hang ups about, lying about it and fantasizing about it--may not be as easy to 'let go of'.  

Maybe...just MAYBE...they could have been fine if Caroline didn't keep her mouth shut. 

Edited by venusnv80
  • Love 2

It always amuses me how quickly all these characters move on from a relationship.

Just yesterday Caroline was 'fighting for her marriage' and today she is kissing/cuddling with Ridge and has a huge smile on her face while dreaming about Ridge.

Liam doesn't show up to marry Hope at 3:00 on the dot, so she runs off and marries his brother that same day. And Liam pouts for about a week and then trades I Love Yous with Ivy.

Rick and Maya break up, and she is engaged to Carter almost immediately - even though they have never been on a date.

Ridge moved between Brooke and Taylor like lightening for years. And both of them accepted it as normal.

Ridge and Caroline talk about taking their relationship real slow - for this show that means marriage by Valentine's Day.

All of this!   

I got such a laugh out of Carter poking fun at Maya's pathetic ass.  He cracked her face hard when he so astutely figured out that she had to practically pull the ILY out of Ricky.     But my goodness she's a presumptuous little twit..the way she waltzes into the office and starts throwing her weight around like she's all that and a bag of chips.  WTF does she know about Ridge?  She's been in the Forrester circle for all of five minutes and there she is yapping at Ridge like a rabid little chihuaha Rick tosses out of his purse when he needs defending.    What has she done except sleep with the CEO?   I need her to take several seats and cross her cankles and stay put.   

I don't by any means see Caroline or Ridge as innocent..sure they may have started all of this, but the way Rick and Maya behave makes it so hard for me to root for them on any level.  Both are so crass and distasteful in their behavior.   

• Love 11

Slayer2 thanks for the Hope news, that will make my whole weekend ! *

Oh what a treat today was, smug Caroline, smug Rick and smug Maya all in one episode.

At least Ivy tried to do some actual work today before going the busybody route.

It's starting to really crack me up that 85% of Carter's screen time is him working out shirtless.  Probably to hide his acting "skills"?

I've got to say his acting looks academy awards worthy when he's paired with Othello.

I want Ridge to quit and go design couture for Quacker Factory.

* How sad is that ?

• Love 5
They have. Only JY's strong performance has kept the bus from rolling back and forth over Rick's corpse. And I say this as someone who's had serious problems with his acting for the past ten, fifteen years.

This kind of story is what he always seemed to do his best acting at as JR on AMC, too.  

I watched yesterday and today back to back this afternoon.  the Ridge/Caroline stuff was so good.  And I know it seems like a sudden turn around for Caroline from trying to save her marriage to moving on with Ridge.  But, the way I've seen it is that she was trying to save her marriage because she does love Rick, and she made that commitment to him, and she didn't feel like it was right to just walk away from it.  (Plus there was also probably some element of not wanting to "lose" to Maya).  But she also had these feelings for Ridge that, after the initial crossing the line, she's tried to back-burner, because of the marriage she was already in.  As some others have mentioned, married people can and do develop feelings for someone else, but it's entirely possible (and happens often) for them to push those feelings aside and focus on strengthening their marriage.  But, now, she's banged her head against that brick wall Rick has built between them enough times that she gets that their marriage is not fixable at this point.  So she's looking at this other man she's had feelings for, and he's making it clear he has the same feelings, so she's going to give it a go.  I like that they're "taking it slow," and I liked their joint line about how, if this was just physical, they'd have already done it.  

Also, I look forward to the first time Rick sees them together and clearly involved and seeing his head explode.  

As if the whole "having sex in Daddy's bed" thing wasn't squicky enough, when Rick said yesterday "if I know my father, there's a corkscrew in here somewhere," I let out an "ewww!"  Rick, are you seriously sexing up your mistress in your Daddy's bed complete with all the touches you think dear old Dad would add to the experience if he had a woman in that bed right now?  Not that having some wine in bed is some unique Eric trademark or anything, but it was just so weird.  Did he grab some condoms out of Eric's nightstand for the evening, too? 

I've got to say his acting looks academy awards worthy when he's paired with Othello.

You're speaking the truth.  The guy who plays Othello came across as a guy just reading whatever was written on a paper in front of him with no actual attachment to or feelings about it.  

Edited by KerleyQ
  • Love 10

I'm hoping the spoilers aren't exact or that it plays put differently on screen.

Spoilers hardly ever play out the way they read in print. There usually is a lot more going on.

then try and pass them off as a paragon of virtuousness

I don't feel like Caroline and Ridge are being presented that way. And this viewer at least is well aware that their actions set this mess in motion. However, everyone here has pushed it to the next level. Rick in particular. Instead of plotting against Caroline and his father, why not just stand up (like a man) and say yep not going to stay in a marriage with my cheating bride.

Rick reminds me of my brother so much sometimes it kills me. No my brother isn't a megalomaniac CEO but it's the whining part that gets me all the time. My brother likes to tell his wife (ex and current and ex gf's and probably everyone he meets) about what a terrible childhood he had. He makes it sound like we were living in a gutter and no one cared about us kids. I'm not sure where he was living his childhood because those memories are so far from the truth it's frightening.

Rick goes on and on about Ridge and his mother like all of it was Ridge's fault and as though he has no memory of anything else. I know Ridge sucked. I get that. But Brooke was there willingly. Even when she was in solid relationships with someone else like Thorne, she always went back to chasing after Ridge. I'd also guess that a lot of Rick's issues are his own, you know like that whole mess with Amber.

he is a punk, always letting his women fight his battles.

That whole scene was ridiculous. I wasn't even sure why Ridge was all yell-y (was there a particular reason for that when Rick was asking for designs?) but then Maya sweeps in to defend her diaper wearing man child. Just make it stop.

I see Ridge and Caroline as sweet, and fresh, and real, and bright, and I see Rick and Maya, as troubled, and angsty, and phony, and dark.

Right there with you. I'm sure the writers will find a way to ruin my fun with Ridge and Caroline, but I'm going to enjoy it while I have it. Rick and Maya bore me and I see zero chemistry. Plus, the woman playing Maya can't act anymore than the guy playing Carter.

• Love 13

I'll agree that you can get whiplash watching relationships on this show.

I won't repeat what others have said about the reality of people developing feelings and not acting on them. But to expand on it, I don't think Caroline should have "confessed" to Rick.  Telling her husband that she had faced temptation and things were under control would have only hurt him - what would be the point?  I do believe even married people have the right to keep some things private.  At that point she still loved Rick.  Maybe she was stifling nascent love/lust for Ridge but that didn't mean her feelings for Rick and her marriage weren't real. 

Maybe it's because I'm not Catholic but while worrisome, impure thoughts and "committing adultery in your heart" aren't anywhere nearly the same as having sex.  They just aren't.  IANAL but kissing is not sexual contact and wouldn't give you grounds for divorce, at least for adultery.

• Love 8

Reading through the thread makes me very much aware that posters are pretty much in agreement that they disagree in the Ridge/Caroline/Rick/Maya SL. Who was right or who was wrong for me is not relevant. For me, my dislike for Rick and Maya is based on my personal experiences. Rick and Maya, even though are fictional characters, I've met many times in business. Rick can't have a conversation without reminding everyone that he is CEO and Maya reminds everyone about she's the woman behind Rick. We know who you are so STFU. Rick has a Napolian complex and Maya is delusional. Rick and Maya believe "Might Makes Right". Rick wants to be the best CEO ever for FC but he is alienating his design team, who in essence, is more important than him. Rick said the designed were do today and with Maya opening up her big mouth, Ridge should have taken the designes ripped them up and threw them on Rick's desk.

Edited by Waldo13
  • Love 12

Slayer2 thanks for the Hope news, that will make my whole weekend ! *

Oh what a treat today was, smug Caroline, smug Rick and smug Maya all in one episode.

At least Ivy tried to do some actual work today before going the busybody route.

I want Ridge to quit and go design couture for Quacker Factory.

* How sad is that ?

About as sad as doing homework and putting Baileys on EVERYTHING. 'Cuz that's my weekend. Don't feel bad.

You always know how to cut to the heart of the matter....all the characters on this show are smug little assholes. Word.

hypnotoad you and I will forever disagree on KM's acting skills. I feel like you're carrying baggage from your previous relationship on whatever soap she was on. To that I say: Natalia *Cigliuti on SBTB:The New Class....Natalia *Cigliuti on Raising the Bar.

tessaray They DID act on their feelings and it wasn't temptation it was an emotional affair. I think it may be a man vs woman thing though because if you ask most guys what they would prefer a) their spouse randomly fucking another dude or b) their spouse falling in love with another dude then option a) rules brittania, being in love with someone else is game.set.match. It's fairly insurmountable, fucking someone else is something people do, it ain't right but it happens. Biologically humans are not programmed to be monogamous hence the attraction to other people.

This would be a totally different conversation if Ridge were the Grace Turner in the situation and Caroline being Nick was completely remorseful realizing that she just screwed up the best thing in her life but as evidenced today she doesn't feel that way. I guess it all comes down to your moral code and yours is vastly different from mine. I would never do to my husband what Caroline did to hers. No fucking way in hell.

*spelling can not possibly be right

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 2

Lol so CUTE at the Bernadoodle scamping on the opening stock shot of today's US. They are gaining in popularity.

Maya's voice is awful its tinny, squeaky, and nasal. It sounds like Emma's from Degrassi when she was Cause Girl. Or Minkus from Boy Meets World. Or Britanny Chipmunk of the Chipettes.

Ricks pocket square looked terrif with his shirt and tie.

Lol at Carter busting Maya out on her "I love you." bragging. He sees right through her.

I like Caroline and Ridge. I love Caroline and she deserves to be appreciated. Rick is an asshole.

Maya the mistress has some balls threatening to fire Ridge. He actually contributes and makes money for the company and has for decades. All she's done is pose and spread her legs.

Kara Mosley/Maya does look a lot like Veronica from the Archie comics! OMG twinsies!

• Love 10

Oh my, oh my, oh my.....saweeeeeet! What didn't I love about today's show? Ivy still meddling; yep, that would be about it.

I wish Caroline hadn't spilled the beans. Ivy didn't run to Caroline with Rick's dirty little secret, but things happen, people slip up. Even so, I get it when you feel so much inside that you just have to share. And is there anything like that new romance feeling?

Ridge and Caroline, Lord, they just light each other up. Caroline is positively glowing. I swear I nearly swooned when Ridge put his big manly hand on Caroline's waist today. I absolutely get the chills when I watch them, and hang on their every word.

And Rick continues to whine! After getting everything he set out for; full control of FC's, Maya, humiliating Caroline, betraying his father, taking over the Forrester Estate, disrespecting Stephanie; he still whines! Once again, with Ivy, we are forced to listen to the mantra; Ridge hurt my mother, Ridge has ruined my life, Ridge's mother loved him too much...and blah, blah, blah. Then to compound it, he once again allows his woman to fight his battles. And such a liar! Caroline fought for him tooth and nail when Ridge first returned. Has Rick forgotten the day Caroline jumped up in Ridge's face and told him that no one would disrespect her husband? Oh yes, just more convenient amnesia. If Rick put half the effort into what he says he wants to do, and less into pushing his own pathetic neeeeediness, well, he might actually accomplish something. I mean seriously, how hilarious was it today watching him pumping out his chest as Maya was squawking at Ridge. It was like watching fucking Pinocchio or something, with each word out of Maya's mouth, it expanded a little more. Douche.

That's my girl Maya; you just keep on flapping those gums.

Are they chem testing Carter with the other males on the show? They keep putting him in these shirtless scenes with men.

Actually, I think JY is doing some of his best work here, too.

This! As much as I am disliking Rick right now, is as much as I am loving Jacob Young. Sometimes it takes a while to discover what really works for an actor, and JY is just terrific as the tyrant. He can bring cold and distant like nobody else. It will be an absolute crime if he doesn't win the Daytime Emmy for best lead actor this year.

I got such a laugh out of Carter poking fun at Maya's pathetic ass.  He cracked her face hard when he so astutely figured out that she had to practically pull the ILY out of Ricky.     But my goodness she's a presumptuous little twit..the way she waltzes into the office and starts throwing her weight around like she's all that and a bag of chips.  WTF does she know about Ridge?  She's been in the Forrester circle for all of five minutes and there she is yapping at Ridge like a rabid little chihuaha Rick tosses out of his purse when he needs defending.    What has she done except sleep with the CEO?   I need her to take several seats and cross her cankles and stay put.

And this is why I am so glad to see you back with us PsychedelicTrip; your unparalleled snark. The bolded text should be etched into a really nice, beautiful plaque, and placed beneath the Forrester Matriarch's portrait.

Indeed!

So she's looking at this other man she's had feelings for, and he's making it clear he has the same feelings, so she's going to give it a go.  I like that they're "taking it slow," and I liked their joint line about how, if this was just physical, they'd have already done it.

In total agreement; the electricity between them is so strong that waiting is possible.

Also, I look forward to the first time Rick sees them together and clearly involved and seeing his head explode.

Rick will have no one but himself to blame; Caroline gave him more opportunity than most would have. Most women would have been done after the initial grief boink, and I can't think of one who would have still been fighting after being totally played, so their philandering husband could keep his job.

As if the whole "having sex in Daddy's bed" thing wasn't squicky enough, when Rick said yesterday "if I know my father, there's a corkscrew in here somewhere," I let out an "ewww!"  Rick, are you seriously sexing up your mistress in your Daddy's bed complete with all the touches you think dear old Dad would add to the experience if he had a woman in that bed right now?

Hah! Thank you KerleyQ, I forgot about that! This whole screwing in your parents bed thing is just so nasty.

• Love 13

I am glad that Ridge and Caroline have decided to take it slow. In my view, the age difference is too wide, BUT, every young woman can benefit from a passionate interlude with a sexy older man. So I hope that when all is said and done, they will have a twirl and then end on a sweet note.

Maya makes me sick and she needs to totally shut the fuck up. Since when does allegedly being the lead model and the CEO's side chick mean she can boss around the head designer whose family owns the bloody business? She is almost as delusional as Rick is becoming. Like someone else said, Ridge should have brought in the designs and torn them into bits and thrown them in that silly cow's face.

• Love 10

I'm sure the writers will find a way to ruin my fun with Ridge and Caroline, but I'm going to enjoy it while I have it. 

Well, what do we know about Caroline's bio-dad? Did her moms go to a sperm bank? Could Ridge's sperm have been in that sperm bank? Could Ridge be Caroline's daddy?

Edited by SweePea59
  • Love 1

This would be a totally different conversation if Ridge were the Grace Turner in the situation and Caroline being Nick was completely remorseful realizing that she just screwed up the best thing in her life but as evidenced today she doesn't feel that way. I guess it all comes down to your moral code and yours is vastly different from mine. I would never do to my husband what Caroline did to hers. No fucking way in hell.

I have no idea what most of that means. :-) 

I don't entirely disagree with you, I hope I would never do to someone what Caroline did but I'm an old lady and I've seen workplace flirtations turn into affairs/divorces and some that never do.  I've seen the same happen with friends.  But a marriage is a precious  thing and I can't say that I would divorce my husband if he unintentionally got too close to someone he worked with. Would I be hurt? Yes, maybe even beyond forgiveness.  But I definitely wouldn't get past it if I knew they had had sex. For me, that's the dividing line.  It's easy to say that an emotional affair is the same but for me it isn't.  The fact that there was a line that wasn't crossed could make all the difference to the innocent party.   

ETA:  I would be more likely to call what Ridge and Caroline did an emotional affair if they had pursued it in other ways like "accidentally" meeting up for coffee or drinks, whatever or personal emails or letters, stuff like that.  Most of what happened, especially physical contact, was triggered by the forced working setup.  Lame, maybe, but mileage varies...

Edited by tessaray
  • Love 8

Maybe it's because I'm not Catholic but while worrisome, impure thoughts and "committing adultery in your heart" aren't anywhere nearly the same as having sex.  They just aren't.  IANAL but kissing is not sexual contact and wouldn't give you grounds for divorce, at least for adultery.

Finding out you've been cheated on isn't just about the cheater screwing somebody else, it's also about the loss of trust. It's about not knowing if that person won't hurt you again the next time they're tempted. It is one of the worst feelings in the world.

• Love 4

Finding out you've been cheated on isn't just about the cheater screwing somebody else, it's also about the loss of trust. It's about not knowing if that person won't hurt you again the next time they're tempted. It is one of the worst feelings in the world.

I'm sure that's true.  :-(

Today's show gave me whiplash.

Everything started out nicely. Rick seemed calmer, was focused on business, and it was nice to see him smiling with genuine warmth at a picture of Maya. He was even civil to Interfering Ivy. Caroline and Ridge were making my day. I think both couples have chemistry, it's just different for each one.

I like the vibe between Maya and Carter too. I hate to use the word, but it's frenemy like. I don't want them to reunite romantically, because boring. I don't mind them cracking on each other though.

Suddenly, everything got annoying. Maya, lay off the Red Bull and stop being a sore winner. By the way, the man you won is a human toilet brush, though I can't deny that Rick's quality bristles would make any potty shine. Then we have Ridge blowing like a volcano because Rick asked him for designs that were due that day? I suppose that was to set up Maya walking in and reading Ridge for filth, but the dialogue didn't support pulling the pin on the old mood grenade. Now if Rick had barely glanced at the sketches and told Ridge he was going to replace his Charmin with them, fine, have a meltdown. I take no issue with Maya putting Ridge on blast, and I thought the actress delivered her lecture well.

I would like to seriously address Rick's nonsense about Eric not being Ridge's father. That is offensive, and Rick needs to never let that pearl of stupidity leave his lips again. Blood doesn't matter to Eric or Ridge, and Rick needs to accept that. Now, Rick is certainly welcome to reject Ridge as a brother in any way, shape, or form, but he's never going to get Eric to sever the tie.

• Love 15
Ridge and Caroline, Lord, they just light each other up. Caroline is positively glowing. I swear I nearly swooned when Ridge put his big manly hand on Caroline's waist today. I absolutely get the chills when I watch them, and hang on their every word.

Was it just me, or at the start of today's show, when Ridge showed up in the office in the morning, did it look like he took extra pains with his appearance?  Which, if he did, just so freaking adorable/hot.  

• Love 9

I do like the backstory of Rck feeling like the bastard son. Granted, it's a sort of made up storyline but Stephanie did treat Brooke like crap for years. Deservingly so but I could see how this did make Rick feel inferior to that pompous Ridge. Maybe, Caroline & Ridge can go work at Spectra. Ally can be the boss since she sort of Sally's granddaughter, right? And, inturn Rick & Maya would lose millions without Ridge & Caroline's designs.

• Love 1

I feel like you're carrying baggage from your previous relationship on whatever soap she was on.

And if I am so what? It doesn't change what I see on screen on this show: I think she's awful, wooden and has no charisma or chemistry with any other actors. I'm actually quite able to tell the difference between the show (GL) she used to be on and this one. In my opinion, she hasn't improved one bit.

Caroline's bio-dad? Did her moms go to a sperm bank? Could Ridge's sperm have been in that sperm bank? Could Ridge be Caroline's daddy?

As gross as this show tends to be with it's romances, I don't think it would go this far. Though I don't think we know anything about Caroline's bio-dad, I can't think of a single reason it would somehow be Ridge.

This whole screwing in your parents bed thing is just so nasty.

I completely forgot about this crap after seeing all the lovely Ridge and Caroline scenes. That was some fucked up stuff there. And Maya doesn't find it the least bit weird and off putting? Because me? I would be out of there!

JY is just terrific as the tyrant. He can bring cold and distant like nobody else.

He was great on All My Children whenever JR was doing his evil thing. I'm hating Rick, but am really enjoying JY. i think TK and LG are totally bringing it too acting-wise. Honestly, this is the most interested I've been in this show in years.

After getting everything he set out for; full control of FC's, Maya, humiliating Caroline, betraying his father, taking over the Forrester Estate, disrespecting Stephanie; he still whines! Once again, with Ivy, we are forced to listen to the mantra; Ridge hurt my mother, Ridge has ruined my life, Ridge's mother loved him too much...and blah, blah, blah.

Co-signing this for sure. So over Rick and his whining.

• Love 8

I would like to seriously address Rick's nonsense about Eric not being Ridge's father. That is offensive, and Rick needs to never let that pearl of stupidity leave his lips again. Blood doesn't matter to Eric or Ridge, and Rick needs to accept that.

I agree, completely offensive.  But even though Rick is Eric's biological son, Ridge's horrible children let Rick know every chance they had that he is a LOGAN (the humanity!!!!), forgetting who his father is.  I don't agree with Rick harping on Eric not being Ridge's "real" father, but I can understand why.

• Love 3

But even though Rick is Eric's biological son, Ridge's horrible children let Rick know every chance they had that he is a LOGAN (the humanity!!!!), forgetting who his father is

I think all this stuff is really stupid. Whether Ridge's kids like it or not Rick and Bridget are both Forrester's and Logan's. And whether Rick likes it or not Ridge is a Forrester because Eric raised him as his son. I don't care if Ridge is not genetically a Forrester - he is a Forrester (plus I just hate that whole retcon with Riidge's paternity anyway and secretly have never really believed it!).

• Love 5

Well, what do we know about Caroline's bio-dad? Did her moms go to a sperm bank? Could Ridge's sperm have been in that sperm bank? Could Ridge be Caroline's daddy?

This would be the best troll on TV since the HIMYM finale if that happened!

...and even that would be less squicky that Ridge macking on the sister named after him when she was believed to be his daughter.

• Love 4

I'm finally caught up and while LG kind of glows with TK, I would have liked a day or two between the previous guy and the new guy. I don't think this show knows how to do that, though. At least the acting is several notches above the H/L/W showdown at the Eiffel Tower.

The guys who play Carter and Othello seem like good guys in their own way but their scenes were painful to sit through. I like Othello, just for his affection for Rick and Maya because they need that - but an actor he is not. Carter - I want to like him more, and he's okay being Ridge's friend but sheesh... he makes me feel sorry for Maya.  

It's no secret that I am on the CaRidge ship but one of the spoilers had me going WTF?   

Brooke doesn't know who to side with? Really? Her son or her ex-husband? How messed up is that?

• Love 4

I feel like there's a lot of new viewers to B&B to this forum because of recent posts.

Ridge hooked up with Bridget. Bridget is Brooke's daughter who for a while was believed to be Ridges hence her name. Her birth father is Eric - Ridge's pop. I wasnt watching then but it was a big deal in soap magazines and media.

And crazy ass Pam thinks whenever she sees a bluebird it's Steph watching over her.

• Love 2

Finally caught Maya facing off with Ridge! Yes lady, come with it /Clarence. Take his trifling, dirty, waffling, woman using ass to the cleaners ala Sami Brady or Carly Benson. This.is.reeeeeeeaaaal.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 2

So I finally caught up with this week's run of shows.

Thursday's episode?

Ho-

-ly

shit. Linsey Godfrey is living out my older man fantasy right now, pretty well note for note, and I cannot deal with it.

And the eye rolls she was giving Maya earlier in the week? Perfect. And the "I can't make any decisions without Ridge, because we're a team, so I can't make any decisions... without Ridge" grinning idiot routine made me pause the tape so I could get rid of the giggles. Oh! And the argument between Ridge & Rick on Wednesday (?) was fantastic by both actors, especially when TK went to grab JY and the latter recoiled, I was like, "Oooh boy! I'm hooked and I can't get enough!"

I feared that when John McCook inevitably left the show I would have no one to follow and no more interest in the stories, but now I have new hope.

And, as an aside, to be fair to Rick, I didn't know what a clementine was either. (According to Google, it's a mandarin. It's like we speak a whole 'nother different language sometimes!)

Hey all!  I'm late on all of this (Been recuperating from some mild surgery) but I just wanted to wish all of you a Blessed 2015, may it be full of health, prosperity joy and continued laughs here!  You all are wonderfully funny, bright and insightful!   Thank you for making this place a favorite haunt XO

Howdy PsychedelicTrip! Thanks for your well wishes and same to you! Hope everything is well after your surgery :)

What makes this a good story is that you can't put the blame 100% on any one person. I feel for all of them in one way or another.

I love that in this tragic tale I waver on who needs to take a seat, who is fresh out of fucks to give, who needs a box of tissues and a bridge to get over it.

Well said, tessaray & smartyshorts. I've been following everyone's back-and-forth here during the week and it's clear that this story is marinated in moral ambiguity, which is the cornerstone of great drama. And personally, I like that characters do stupid, reckless, illogical stuff every now and again*, because what's the fun in seeing people do righteous, logical, sensible things? That's how I live my own life. I tune into the soaps to indulge in fantasies and revel in the fallout, and also to drool over the pretty.

*except of course for Eric, because old mate should know better by now.

Can we all agree that this is the best B&B has been in years? I don’t know or care what KM did or didn’t do to get off the show, but it’s done wonders for everyone else.

Hear hear, nkotb, to your whole post but especially this bit. I'm Team CaRidge but I appreciate that there are people here that don't like them, either because they don't like the age difference or they think TK is dirty or they don't like Caroline misbehaving, etc. And I respect that people are Team Raya because they like the actors or they believe they have the higher ground, etc. So long as we're all enjoying the show, and that we can respect people having different opinions, that's most important to me.

On B&B I really like his father/son dynamic with Eric, as much or more than with Caroline.

Eridge is my favourite couple on the show, no lie.

What in the hell was that gun about?!  How random.

Why does Eric still have that gun in the bedside table in the first place?! I would have thought his pacifist bleeding heart would have gotten rid of it first chance he had.

And re: where the gun came from originally, I think it's obviously the same physical gun (prop) but I don't know if it's the same gun in the story. Wouldn't the gun Storm used to kill himself be in a police vault somewhere/destroyed? I can't see how Stephanie would have ended up with it again after Storm had it. I think it's more likely that the gun Rick pulled out of the bedside table is just a gun Stephanie had; IIRC she was politically pro-gun.

Could Ridge be Caroline's daddy?

No. No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no.

Just watched an old ep of Remington Steele and John McCook was a DJ.  Man he is gorgeous!

OhioSongbird, that episode of television is one of my all-time favourite things ever committed to film. JMC and Pierce Brosnan in the same scene? Lord have mercy! This is one of my favourite screencaps, too. It's refreshing to watch him do comedy after seeing him do so much drama here on B&B.
  • Love 8