Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Kristen was awesome! I don't think she ever got a truly clunky story, either in the early days or when she was brought back in 1999, when she got involved with Tony.

I remember the first actress bore a strong resemblance to Eileen Davidson and definitely held her own next to Susan Flannery in their charged scenes together.

• Love 1

The first Kirsten didn't get along with Stephanie at all and Kristen and was more than a daddy's girl and they had this quasi-Electra complex going on. It was pretty intense. Stephanie was always harping on Kirsten about her lack of dating/social life and was always on the prowl for fix-up dates for her.

The second Kirsten didn't do much, but she had a bit of a front-burner when she got involved with Tony. He was HIV positive (from a former girlfriend who was a drug user, I think...) Anyway, that was when AIDS was a huge deal and a death sentence. Eric went to great lengths to try to keep those two apart. Then Kristen and Tony got married and met Zende on their honeymoon trip to Africa. They ended up adopting him and all three of them moved to Florida.

• Love 6

I do vividly remember the Kristen/Tony stuff. Taylor was Tony's therapist and somehow Ridge figured out that she knew about his being HIV positive. He gets pissed saying she owed it to the family to tell and Taylor reminded him that it's against her code of ethics to do so (I won't comment about the other 99 percent of the time when she disregards this,including while Steffy was pregnant).

That scene I saw on YT a few months ago, and made me long for the days that couples were allowed to have conflicts that didn't involve cheating or making babies but actually real conflicts. Le sigh.

• Love 5

I liked Kristen and Tony. I would love for the actors to reprise their roles--even on a recurring status. It would break up these stupid triangles. Zende needs somebody other than Sir Buffington aka Carter.

If they can't find a real storyline for KKL that doesn't involve a man, she should ask to be released from her contract. This is getting ridiculous. I blame Bell, too.

Thank the heavens for you all. This board and the snarking is what keeps me from turning this crap fest off for good.

• Love 8

This show needs some life! Sick of threesomes, sick of WTD guessing games, sick of people hiding in plain sight behind an open door learning secrets. Oh the drama! NOT!

I'd also like to add the foolishness that is adding new characters that have never been mentioned before. Sasha? Zende claims Nicole talked about her all the time. We never heard anything about a best friend. Then to make her Julius' love child. Why?

Also, add in screwing up perfectly good characters with storylines that don't match anything shown on screen and the rewrites on history. The whole Maya being TG still makes no sense and was obviously thrown together after Caitlyn Jenner. She went from having a daughter to oh she was adopted to oh she died in a car wreck. If they had introduced a character that hadn't been established and was developed over time, it would've went over so much better. I'm tired of the constant praising of Maya because she is a super speshul snowflake that no one can touch and because she is TG. The writers aren't being real at all because most TG men and women don't have it that easy and life isn't that perfect.

And I'd love it if every character of colour wasn't depicted as a schemer, blackmailer, or gold digger. I don't like the insinuation that the only way the black people on his show can get to the top is by social climbing and using people. Sasha is the third character that has come to LA with the intent of landing a rich man and living that champers life.

Edited by AussieBabe
  • Love 8

On days like today I wish this show was an hour long. Good on Quinn for crashing the stupid group proposal. Too bad her interfering won't end there. 

Also, this Brooke/Bill Redux totally sucks. They should make her recurring so they can use the salary savings to pay some new actors so people aren't fucking with their cousins, bouncing between brothers and having their brother-in-law's baby.

• Love 5

Also, this Brooke/Bill Redux totally sucks. They should make her recurring so they can use the salary savings to pay some new actors so people aren't fucking with their cousins, bouncing between brothers and having their brother-in-law's baby.

They could get rid of all the over 40 actors and whoever they brought on would still be related.  They have added how many actors this year and they are either a Forrester or an Avant.  What's a story without some kind of incestuous bent (which seems to be this show's bread and butter based on history).

• Love 3

Despite the small cast, it didn't used to be so bad. Brooke went through the Forrester men, but that was spread out over the course of nearly fifteen years and it was unique to her alone.

Now, the Forresters and Spencers are all intermarried, and the Ridge paternity thing was used by Bell as an excuse to expand on more romantic possibilities. It's stupid.

• Love 4

Does nobody ever close doors when he/she has something sensitive to talk about? Guess not...

You don't even need to bug the office because that door never can close all the way but Pam actually has super hearing because she can hear through the door.

Ivy, how can Steffy steal Waffles from you? You were just the transition character waiting for JW to sign her new contract. Now if KM comes back, you and Steffy would defiantly be out of Waffle batter. Too many mentions of Hope these days, that makes me wonder if that might happen.

I absolutely love Quinn. She is my type of woman. Strong, beautiful, sexy, independent, and doesn't pull punches. Now here is a woman that a man is worth giving up his balls for.

Brooke, if your lonely, try going to work and not at Spencer Publications. Aren't you still a VP at FC? At FC, you can take up with the warehouse guy and leave $Bill alone. Carter is a catch and he is definitely not a scam artist or social climber.

Edited by Waldo13
  • Love 7

Now I can understand if guys constantly turn Brooke down but she hasn't made any effort at dating yet complains of being lonely. Katie, the best way to help Brooke is to contact Eharmony not offer her a job. She already has one of those. For a hot minute there I thought she was going to invite Brooke to move in with her and $Bill. *vomit*

• Love 8

I agree with whoever said that KKL should ask to be released from her contract since no one can be assed enough to write a new story for Brooke. This show is in reruns in nearly every English speaking country in the world, as well as many other nations,around the world. She'll be getting royalty checks for years and most likely get an offer from one of the other shows where maybe she'll get an Emmy from.

• Love 4

OMG, the engagement ring Wyatt got for Ivy was stunning. I love that classic look and think it was so much more gorgeous than the gaudy things Maya and Caroline got. Too bad Wyatt has wasted it on trashy Ivy versus a woman who would actually be proud and grateful to wear it. Yay for Quinn riding in to the rescue.

• Love 2

I enjoyed the show today, and it's soapy goodness like this that makes B&B tbe best one standing, IMO.  It's also the reason I tend to cut it some slack when it gets boring.  

Either Ivy suffered brain-damage from the electic shock, or she's fallen under the spell of Liam's Hypnotic Penis.  Conveniently Left-Open Door (CLOD) needs to be added to the opening credits, because it is the character that gets the most screen time and influences the most plots.  Quinn and CLOD's scene today made up for that fake-out with Wyatt last week.  

As a Brooke fan, I hope to see more of her, not less.  It may have been KKL's choice to take a back seat for a while?  She helped carry the show for two decades, so I could see her wanting to take a break.

• Love 4

I thought a very telling moment today was when Wyatt told Steffy that his mother didn't care for Ivy and was shipping Styatt, and they both hastily added, "Not going to happen."  We so know those two will end up together. Anyway, I'm glad Quinn busted that proposal up in its tracks.

Ho hum... Here we go again. Katie starts feeling guilty for being all smug and haughty, basking in her marriage, blah blah blah, and reaches out to poor, lonely, neglected Brooke. This is exactly what happened last time. Katie is handing Bill to Brooke on a silver platter (apologies to us oldies who remember that phrase used by Stephanie regarding Brooke's rape.)

I agree with what others have said about new characters. Instead of bringing on Sasha, why not a new older man for Brooke and/or Katie? I also don't understand why the writers just don't permanently hook up Eric and Brooke. They can be the matriarch and patriarch from the sidelines, but at least it will get KKL out of another useless triangle. It was fun and worked back in the day with Brooke/Ridge/Taylor, but even that got old around the third time it happened.

Both Brooke and Ivy looked stunning today in their blue outfits. Steffy, not so much. In fact, that jumper thing with the faux tuxedo front was one of the more hideous things she's worn lately.  What's up with Bill's hair? It's heading into Kelly Osbourne territory with the shaved sides and pompadour at the crown. Why not just dye it lavender and call it a day?

• Love 5

I'm really going to hate when they eventually swap Bratz on over to Wyatt.  I actually like Wyatt.  That's just going to ruin him for me.  

Who knew the best case scenario for this show would end up being Hope returning?  I really need her to come back so I can watch Wyatt and Liam both forget Ivy and Bratz even exist.  If a Hope return isn't possible, can Quinn bash Ivy upside the head for hurting her baby, so that it can, hopefully, reverse the clear brain damage that she developed when Bratz toppled her into the live wires?  

When Wyatt showed Steffy the ring and she said "Ivy's going to die," was I the only one who, given Steffy's history, took that as a subliminal threat? 

• Love 10

Better yet, can Quinn teach her son to stop going after his brother's leftovers? First Hope, now Ivy. Not that there's any excuse for jumping into a marriage because the groom you wanted to marry was five minutes late or snogging your fucking rapist creeper cousin (which, wtf was the point?), but good grief. Stephanie was the only character for which I could sit through her fighting Ridge's battles, and even that had become old hat after Ronn Moss started going grey.

Hope returing...ugh. Just no. Who would she square off against? All the beats between her and Steffy and their family history has been worn out. Taylor is MIA and Brooke may as well be reoccurring status. Ridge is too busy welcoming his new bundle of joy to play mediator between the two idiots as RM!Ridge often did.

Hope against Ivy? They're too similar...or rather, they both fill the good girl niche in different ways.

Meanwhile, Carter and Oliver are wasted talent. Why not revisit Hope/Oliver? The couple never did much for me, but the Posse boink was forever ago and Hope should be a different person by now.

• Love 5

I don't like Ivy behaving as she is , but if Bratz brays that Ivy is going after an engaged man, I want lightening to strike her. She was all over Liam when he was engaged to Hope. Likewise, Wyatt was all over Hope when she was with Liam. Neither of them have room to judge. BTW, isn't it bizarre that near-death experiences make women crave Waffles?!

• Love 11

Quinn made my day. More of her PLEASE. I have a girl gush on Rena.

I loved the ring. Pear cuts are gorgeous and classic.

I love KKL. I just hate that the only storyline they can find for her is chasing after a man and especially one who is unavailable. In almost 30 years, where's the growth and depth in the writing for the character? Why not use some of the budget to bring in a new love interest for Brooke? It's possible that she chose to be on the back burner and live her life. I know she was doing races and selling her kaftans.

• Love 5

Better yet, can Quinn teach her son to stop going after his brother's leftovers? First Hope, now Ivy. Not that there's any excuse for jumping into a marriage because the groom you wanted to marry was five minutes late or snogging your fucking rapist creeper cousin (which, wtf was the point?), but good grief. Stephanie was the only character for which I could sit through her fighting Ridge's battles, and even that had become old hat after Ronn Moss started going grey.

Hope returing...ugh. Just no. Who would she square off against? All the beats between her and Steffy and their family history has been worn out. Taylor is MIA and Brooke may as well be reoccurring status. Ridge is too busy welcoming his new bundle of joy to play mediator between the two idiots as RM!Ridge often did.

Hope against Ivy? They're too similar...or rather, they both fill the good girl niche in different ways.

Meanwhile, Carter and Oliver are wasted talent. Why not revisit Hope/Oliver? The couple never did much for me, but the Posse boink was forever ago and Hope should be a different person by now.

I agree, Wyatt shouldn't go after Liam's leftovers but who else could he go for? Sasha? It's the same for Brooke. Who else does she have to go for other than Bill? No new characters so we have recycled

• Love 4

When Ivy was pining to Waffles about her feelings for him, and she said something to the effect that if Waffles told her he didn't love her, she'd take Wyatt, I kept screaming at the TV "You idiot. He's told you over and over that he's engaged to Steffy, that they're getting married, and all that. But are you freaking deaf? He doesn't want you!!!!!"

Hey Steffy. The Ombré look is over. You're about 6 months behind. But really, her hair looks in very bad shape from all the over processing.

• Love 5

I love KKL. I just hate that the only storyline they can find for her is chasing after a man and especially one who is unavailable. In almost 30 years, where's the growth and depth in the writing for the character? Why not use some of the budget to bring in a new love interest for Brooke? It's possible that she chose to be on the back burner and live her life. I know she was doing races and selling her kaftans.

From what I've seen on Twitter, she's also been spending a lot of time traveling. She just did a half marathon in Italy. So yeah, I'm guessing that she's choosing the back burner.

Ivy, how can Steffy steal Waffles from you?

Even if it were possible for Steffy to have "stolen" Liam (which it isn't), she's not exactly keeping him hostage forcing him to stay with her. Did your pride get zapped away with your brain in the "accident"? Edited by ByTor
  • Love 4

Three cheers for Quinn! Her interrupting Wyatt's proposal to Ivy was epic. Hopefully Quinn has stopped Wyatt from making one of the biggest mistakes of his life by giving his heart and a diamond ring to Ivy, who, at this point, deserves neither. The way I see it, the problem isn't Wyatt's going after one of Ping-Pong's exes again; it's Ivy's leading him on, which apparently, she's done for months and latches onto any guy other than Wyatt who'll give her the time of day, whether it's her rapey cousin or her flaky ex, aka the same guy who dumped her at Aly's funeral-which wouldn't have happened in the first place if Steffy hadn't accidentally killed Aly.

Given Steffy's track record with her cousins, if she's that dangerous by accident, then I shudder to think what she's capable of if she's provoked, which having the hots for her man will do, to put it mildly, which Ivy would do well to remember, lest another "accident" happens to her.

• Love 9

And, really, if Hope was able to get over Liam's repeated detours to Bratz-land, she should be able to be over that by now.  

I hate how much they've changed Ivy's personality for this mess, but what I hate most about the whole thing is that it's looking like we're going to get Steffy all happy and in love (with her pick of Wyatt or Liam) after all the shit she's pulled.  And, let's get real here, Liam, Wyatt, and Steffy all have ZERO business judging Ivy for this.  Their own romantic shenanigans make this little out of character sojourn of Ivy's seem like small potatoes.  Liam, you tossed the same fucking engagement ring back and forth between two women, willy nilly.  Steffy, you specialize in going after other women's men, like it's a sport.  Wyatt, you've certainly not been shy in the past about making your play for Liam's women.  So, all of you, shut your judging mouths.  

And writers, screw you for ruining one of the only couples I enjoyed on this show.  

• Love 18

So true.  Ivy and Wyatt had great potential and now it's all ruined so that bobbleheaded cousin-killer can win.

And can Brooke be any more of an asshole?  Months of nothing and now she wants her sister's husband back?  It's disappointing that this is the route they're going with her, Bill and Katie.  I'd rather not see any of them at all than have them in another triangle.

It's time to take another break from this show.  I've seen it all already, anyway.

• Love 9

It hurts my heart what they've done to Ivy. And apparently all it takes for Brooke to start lusting for Bill again is to be alone with him and Katie complete with longing looks at vodka bottles. Ugh

Edited by tricknasty
  • Love 10

I'm pretty sure there's another accident on the horizon with Puffles being at fault. Let's see. Ivy was shocked and hit her head. It's about time for her to fall or be pushed down the stairs while arguing or trying to get away from Puffles. I hate what they've done to the character of Ivy.

And Brooke is about to hit the bottle over Bill? Girl bye.

• Love 6

With his romantic history why would Wyatt go after Steffy ? Why would Quinn think it was a good idea ?

The only reason I would want to see Steffy and Wyatt together would be to rub $Bill's nose in it.

I just don't get how Wyatt can rail at Ivy that he doesn't want another woman who wants his brother and then end up going after Steffy.  How does that remotely compute?  

• Love 10

With his romantic history why would Wyatt go after Steffy ? Why would Quinn think it was a good idea ?

The only reason I would want to see Steffy and Wyatt together would be to rub $Bill's nose in it.

Because she's SO.FUN!!!!!!

But more importantly, if he and Ivy are broken up, why would Steffy want him? Taken is her only type. 

Why do I get the feeling someone in the writers room has an actual brain (or a sliver of brains, more like). Ivy mentioning that none of this is like her (true) and she's acting more like Steffy (kind of true. Showing some actual remorse for rubbing all over someone else's man is way outside of Steffy's playbook). Please notice no one at all disagreeing with her on that point. 

They just messed up having her do some of this before the shock and the fall. Could've "worked" as another Caroline falling off the balcony and waking up with a new personality moment.

• Love 4

Spoilers for Weds and Thurs of this week. Everybody called it!

Wednesday, December 30
• After Ivy tells Liam she is going back to Australia, Liam proclaims his love for her, which Steffy overhears and confronts Liam.
• Brooke confesses to Bill that she can't work at Spencer because she is still in love with him, followed by her kissing him.

Thursday, December 31
• Liam tries to convince Steffy to stay away from Ivy.
• Steffy confronts Ivy at the Forrester Mansion.
• At the top of the stairs either Ivy or Steffy trips over luggage and falls, just as Liam enters.
[The spoiler indicates that one of them falls, but doesn't reveal who]

-- credit SNS

• Love 6

Spoilers for Weds and Thurs of this week. Everybody called it!

Wednesday, December 30

• After Ivy tells Liam she is going back to Australia, Liam proclaims his love for her, which Steffy overhears and confronts Liam.

• Brooke confesses to Bill that she can't work at Spencer because she is still in love with him, followed by her kissing him.

Thursday, December 31

• Liam tries to convince Steffy to stay away from Ivy.

• Steffy confronts Ivy at the Forrester Mansion.

• At the top of the stairs either Ivy or Steffy trips over luggage and falls, just as Liam enters.

[The spoiler indicates that one of them falls, but doesn't reveal who]

-- credit SNS

What kind of fuckery is this?

ETA: great minds and all that, photo fox, great minds.

Edited by bittersweet4149
  • Love 8

Are they deliberately trying to get us to stop watching this crap? That is the only reason I can come up with for this shitastic writing.

Last thing I want is to see is

Brooke & $Bill go at it again. My god they just ended this what...feels like a couple months ago??

And here we go again...seriously???Why don't they just hire

a new actor for Brooke. What an incestuous show.

And what have they done to Ivy?? I knew Liam & Steffy are just ...ugh...but the one person who was slightly decent....ARGHHH!!!!!

There is not really one storyline I give a flying fig about anymore. I am pretty much done..all I do is FF anyway.

• Love 8

Are we sure that Chuck Pratt and Brad Bell aren't the same person? Both are destroying old, venerable soaps, with terrible writing, repeat storylines and just general crapfest. You've got Brooke---aka the golden cooter------lusting over $Bill, and we have Ivy lusting after Liam----aka the golden pooter. What do these women see in Liam? He's nothing to look at, doesn't seem to be very smart and has a flat personality. So one can only surmise he has a large, magic pooter.

• Love 9

While I'm pissed off royally at Ivy, I'm not in a way. Steffy just bulldozed her way through Liam and Ivy's relationship with total disregard for anybody's feelings -- in typical Steffy fashion. Ivy is devastated, bewildered, angry and hasn't really had time to process being so unceremoniously dumped. And Waffles is just a dense chickenshit for breaking up with Ivy the way that he did. WHY do women throw themselves at that loser?

Wyatt is an even bigger fool for falling for Ivy when she clearly was on the rebound. Wasn't their "friendship" more or less built on Ivy bitching and lamenting to Wyatt about Liam all the time at work?  Seems like once the gripe sessions moved to after-hours that Wyatt suddenly became interested. (Katie also nudged him along in Ivy's direction, IIRC.)

Speaking of ... the biggest dipshit of all is Katie. Here she is gushing all over Brooke and practically throwing Bill her way Yeah, Brooke's renewed feelings for Bill are from left field. I thought that Brooke broke up with Bill and shoved him in Katie's direction.  Now she suddenly wants him back? I kind of wish Brooke would start drinking again. At least that would liven things up.

NO woman -- whether she's your best friend, sister, enemy, or beyond -- should EVER trust Brooke with her man. It doesn't matter how much she says she's changed, sheds a one-eyed tear, or self-imposes herself abroad, Brooke Logan is one leopard who is incapable of changing her spots. The same goes for her fools-golden cooter-in-training, Steffy.

Since it looks like

another fall down the stairs in inevitable, could another faux heart attack be on the horizon for Katie?

• Love 7

NO woman -- whether she's your best friend, sister, enemy, or beyond -- should EVER trust Brooke with her man

Words to live by for sure.

I like Katie and Bill together and pretty much hated all things Brooke and Bill. This is so ridiculously out of left field. Like so many things on this show: Ivy suddenly wanting Liam again, Taylor suddenly wanting Ridge again when she was ever happy with someone else, Brooke suddenly wanting Ridge again when she was happy with someone else. Sigh. It's just irritating.

I know the show is only 30 minutes, but couldn't we get some reason why Brooke is having this about face? I mean besides her seeming obsessive need to be with men who are with her sister or daughter?

Why can't they just put Brooke and Eric together and be done with it?

I absolutely hate what the writers have done to Ivy. SMH.

• Love 10
Waldo13, on 28 Dec 2015 - 4:33 PM, said:

Ivy, how can Steffy steal Waffles from you?

ByTor, on 29 Dec 2015 - 08:58 AM, said:

Even if it were possible for Steffy to have "stolen" Liam (which it isn't), she's not exactly keeping him hostage forcing him to stay with her. Did your pride get zapped away with your brain in the "accident"?

No one has ever stolen Liam. He takes a long circuitous and torturous saunter from one befuddled female to a deluded self-proclaimed winner ... and back again. Liam drifts endlessly between women, presumably committing 4 Evah, then dropping them like a hot rock, finding his way back to square one.

Liam is never entirely present with any of the woman he's lived with, engaged or married to. He keeps every iron in the fire ... just in case he feelz the need to revisit old timez with Hope/Steffy/Ivy -- and if Amber were still on the scene -- Amber. 

giphy.gif

WAFFLE!

• Love 12
LittleIggy, on 29 Dec 2015 - 11:31 PM, said:LittleIggy, on 29 Dec 2015 - 11:31 PM, said:

Liam must have the Golden Wonder Wang between his legs the way women can't get over him.

I can't believe that loaf of white bread dough squeezed into a boy's department suit is hung.

fingered.jpeg

Yeah, that's more like it.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 11

Liam must have the Golden Wonder Wang between his legs the way women can't get over him.

I'm really glad I swallowed my coffee before I read this :)

Are they deliberately trying to get us to stop watching this crap? That is the only reason I can come up with for this shitastic writing.

It's either the writing or the show is actually owned by a pharmaceutical company that wants us to have a need for their blood pressure meds.
  • Love 8

If so, why did Hope and Ivy act like they'd entered a magical new world when they started getting with Wyatt? Hope maybe had an excuse since she had no one to compare Liam to but presumably Ivy wasn't a virgin. I'm still thinking Wyatt's got the bigger equipment but maybe Liam is good with the alphabet, if ya know what I mean...

• Love 7

I came out of self-imposed exile to watch Monday and Tuesday's episodes.  My cable guide said they featured Quinn and Bill, two characters I feel are terribly under-utilized on the show.  Loved seeing them in action, do not love the stories in which they're featured.  Back to exile.

That scene with Quinn and the four young actors was real telling, not one of them four young 'actors' has an ounce of talent or charisma.  Rena Sofer basically stole the scene from all of them.  I can't see them working in any other acting medium (aside from General Hospital, They Young and The Restless or Days of Our Lives).

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Love 7

If so, why did Hope and Ivy act like they'd entered a magical new world when they started getting with Wyatt? Hope maybe had an excuse since she had no one to compare Liam to but presumably Ivy wasn't a virgin. I'm still thinking Wyatt's got the bigger equipment but maybe Liam is good with the alphabet, if ya know what I mean...

I'm sure Hope and Ivy did enter a whole new world with Wyatt but Hope and Ivy are more suited to Caspar Milktoast style that is Liam's life. That's their comfort zone. I don't understand how Ivy is written though because the Australian woman, I know are very adventurous and should be more drawn to Wyatt. Ivy defiantly did not inherit any of her father's traits. In addition, I can't see Steffy to be that content, with Liam, in the long hall. The steady diet of Tofu and Bob Hope movies is not Steffy's style.

The Brooke squint is back and her love for $Bill. Ivy and Brooke should get drunk together and commiserate over the men they shouldn't love but do. Speaking of drinking, $Bill, of all people, are calling the kettle black.

• Love 6

That scene with Quinn and the four young actors was real telling, not one of them four young 'actors' has an ounce of talent or charisma.

I don't know about talent but I agree on the charisma.  I feel that way about all the younger actors.  I find with each new hire that the actor is blander than the one that came before them.

Its one of the reasons why I'm so frustrated with the lack of any story or time for the older actors but with the reasons Bill/Katie/Quinn/Brooke are coming back to the forefront, maybe I should be careful what I wish for.

Still want to know if Deacon is still on this damn show.  Although who the hell knows what they would do with him.

• Love 8