Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

AManfred, on 22 Dec 2015 - 11:09 AM, said:AManfred, on 22 Dec 2015 - 11:09 AM, said:

I know we predicted that Sasha was Julius' daughter, but I enjoyed the soapy cliffhanger. So sue me! This is what I love about these shows; yesterday's ending was soapy goodness to me. :)

Merry Christmas to everyone! Enjoy this magical week.

No harm no foul, AManfred. Merry Christmas to you.

I empathize with everyone gnawing on their Bell Recycled Storyline hot spots ... Elizabethan Collars for everyone! 

AwkwardPetPhoto.jpg

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 5

Re Sasha, Nicole, and Maya: the scheming and blackmailing Force is strong with all of them. Wonder who they get that from?

So is Ivy saying that she's "in love" with both Liam and Wyatt? Girl, bye. I was hanging on by a thread but am completely off Team Ivy now. I hope Wyatt drop kicks her so hard she ends up in the Pacific Ocean trying to fight off a big apex predator called Thomas.

Who would have predicted that the main characters of this crapitudinous crapfest of a craptacular crapola crap crap crap CRAPPY CRAPPY CRAPPY show would be ZZZZZzzzzzzzende and Nicole?!

Hah! Arguably two of the most craptastic actors on the show! I know B&B has to do things somewhat on the cheap but you'd think they'd hire better actors to anchor one of their main storylines. I'm sorry but I don't think Nicole and Zende display any real heat with each other. To me it's as if they and everyone else has to keep saying how much in love they are so the audience will buy it.

The thing I've noticed in TV over the last few years is that there are more gay/trans characters on TV without that being their defining feature. Cyrus from Scandal is a good example, as is Laverne Cox's character from OITNB. There's an opportunity for that here in Maya

Yes, perhaps, but I see a key difference. Cyrus and Sophia were introduced from the onset as gay/transgender and the reveal of their sexuality, IMO, never seemed like a stunt the way Maya's did. I almost think a new character like Ivy might have been a better choice for their transgender character.

• Love 5

Well, I'm disappointed in Julius, first in his long-ago philandering, then in not accepting responsibility for his daughter, and now for whining himself about his hard life. Next he'll blame his straying on how upset he was about Myron's rejection of being a boy when he was a kid. Meanwhile, I think the actress playing Sasha was pretty convincing, showing her sadness at being abandoned and simultaneous anger. I like Julius, , but he needs to let go of his need to seem perfect and admit she's his daughter. I was expecting him to show her some compassion in that confrontation, but there wasn't a shred.

Well, I'm disappointed in George, first in his long-ago philandering, then in not accepting responsibility for his daughter, and now for whining himself about his hard life. Next he'll blame his straying on how upset he was about Myron's rejection of being a boy when he was a kid. Meanwhile, I think the actress playing Sasha was pretty convincing, showing her sadness at being abandoned and simultaneous anger. I like George, but he needs to let go of his need to seem perfect and admit she's his daughter. I was expecting him to show her some compassion in that confrontation, but there wasn't a shred.

Edited by tantrumette
  • Love 3

Well, I'm disappointed in George, first in his long-ago philandering, then in not accepting responsibility for his daughter, and now for whining himself about his hard life. Next he'll blame his straying on how upset he was about Myron's rejection of being a boy when he was a kid. Meanwhile, I think the actress playing Sasha was pretty convincing, showing her sadness at being abandoned and simultaneous anger. I like George, but he needs to let go of his need to seem perfect and admit she's his daughter. I was expecting him to show her some compassion in that confrontation, but there wasn't a shred.

Why are you calling Julius George? What did I miss?

Edited by tricknasty
  • Love 1

I'm disappointed that they've made Julius a cheater, a liar, and a hypocrite.  Now he's just like everyone else on this damn show.  That said, the woman playing Sasha is miles better than the women playing Nicole and Maya and the character 100 times more interesting already.

I haven't missed Rick at all. 

• Love 8

My issue with the writing for Sasha is within 7 days of introducing her, there's nothing to root for about her. Even when she was expressing sadness about being ignored/left out, she was blackmailing and making threats in the same breath. Strong arming somebody into accepting you isn't the way to go and what is forcing your way on a trip going to do but make everybody miserable? Instead of Hawaii, girlie needs to be trying to find a shrink to address her daddy issues. There has to be more to it than he chose to ignore her existence; like he didn't know about her and later found out. I'd even accept it if he offered some of his DNA to help his best mate and wife have a child with the understanding that he/she would be their child and this would be a secret. Anything beats him being unfaithful like all the other men on this soap. At any rate, she's resentful and hell bent on being a gold digger under the guise of tired of being daddy's secret and getting what she believes is due to her. Her SL is stupid because Julius isn't married into the Forrester family or well off. If he was, he wouldn't be living in that dump of a motel.

Edited by AussieBabe
  • Love 8

When will people on this show ever learn that lingering around partially opened doors doesn't pay?

I don't like seeing Chickenhead always on the losing end in the romance department. Hmmmm.... maybe Zende will reject Nicole and Nicole will forgive Wyatt for betraying her and they can pick up the pieces. If you removed the margarita boogie nights fishing expedition, those two weren't terrible together.

Ivy is turning into a female Liam.  At least Liam only kept two on the string at a time. Ivy's juggling three.

I don't like Sasha and the actress who is playing her is just awful. At least when the actresses playing Maya and Nicole are in scenes with superior actors, they have upped their game and been a lot better. (Short-lived. I know.) Today, Sasha was paired with Julius and she still stunk up the joint. JMHO.

Happy Holidays to my Bold and Beautiful Buddies!

• Love 6

Julius was whining about all he had "lost," but didn't he get fired because of his behavior when people mentioned Maya? I can't remember exactly, but I thought it was his temper that cost him his dolce vida. So STFU. And, Julius, like Maya, you have no authority to order people out of LA. BTW, I did feel sorry for Sasha.

• Love 3

I hope Julius never leaves.

I agree with grisgris the actress playing Sasha is not good. She very flat and boring. And the character is annoying. She's so stupid also blackmailing Julius for a trip/affection.

Shut up Ivy.

Steffi's weave looks stupid. Ombré has been over for a while and it was never cool in that harsh and drastic color blocky way it makes her head look dip dyed.

• Love 5
Dynasty

Dynasty (as well as several other of the big nighttime soaps at the time) were deliberately a bit campy and over-the-top, and certain actors' weakness played effectively into that. As best as I can tell, what we're seeing on B&B from the likes of Sasha, Zende, and Nicole is supposed to be considered Serious Acting. Now it's nothing new for soaps to hire some performers more for their looks than skill. However, I think it's pathetic that B&B is putting three of arguably the worst actors on the show in a front-burner storyline and is using more adept actors to prop them. It's getting to be like the high school version of a soap opera, IMO.

• Love 3

Sasha is giving me a Fatal Attraction vibe. Like she's off her rocker and a few crayons short of a box of 96. New Years Spoilers say, "A tragic accident leaves one person in peril and another looking guilty." I wouldn't be surprised if girlie is responsible for an accident that causes Julius to lose his first grandchild. She seemingly has a lot of resentment towards Nicole because of Julius' affection and acknowledgement of her. I could see her taking her anger out on her. We all know Bell doesn't like babies to make it to term.

• Love 6

That's a good point, AussieBabe.  We have two pregnancies in play, which means the tick-tock rule for soap pregnancies has to be in play as well...and while I think B&B is in the hole in that regard--I want to say the last pregnancy that ended well was Katie's?--it's painfully obvious that Nicole's surrogacy pregnancy is, for lack of a better phrase, expendable in the name of plot.  (Caroline's pregnancy is probably expendable as well, but since there's a WTD aspect tied to it as well...it's probably not going anywhere.)  And, perhaps worse, since they've now already established that Sasha is Julius's dirty little secret and carrying just a liiiiittle bit of loathing/jealousy towards that end it's entirely possible that they'd have her accidentally cause Nicole to lose the kid in some convoluted "I wanna be acknowledged!" acting-out phase which probably will also occur a month or two earlier than it should..

OTOH, at least it's a break from Steffy causing Ivy to get into accidents, so...halfsies?

Edited by Bill C.
  • Love 5

I think Katie and Bill's baby was born subsequent to Rosie?  Will.  Never mind that Bill is William Spencer and that Liam's full name is William Spencer.  We needed another variation to complete the trifecta of William Spencers.  I want to say it was about 3 years ago.

It's official: Ivy's run fresh out of sense. She's stringing not, one, not two, but three guys along, two of whom have consistently treated her and her feelings like shit more than once. In fairness, the same could be said about Wyatt since he's started drinking the Steffy kool-aid again re Ivy's accident, but the difference is that Wyatt has shown more loyalty and compassion for Ivy than Liam & Thomas ever have, which makes Wyatt's hearing Ivy profess her latest feelings for Liam even worse. As mad as I was at Wyatt for joining Team Steffy, that's how bad I felt when I saw him eavesdropping on Ivy & Liam. When Ivy said that she & Liam deserve another chance because he & Steffy aren't married yet, it was almost like Thomas' words were coming out of Ivy's mouth. As for Liam, he could nip Ivy in the bud (no pun intended) by letting him know that he & Steffy are together, in no uncertain terms, but he's too much of a ping-ponging douchebag for that.

Re Sasha, her being Julius' illegitimate daughter is predictable & disappointing, but so is Sasha herself. Contrary to Sasha's opinion, neither Julius nor the Forresters owe her a living. Between her blackmailing Julius, prowling around the Forresters &  sniffing around Zende, Sasha has gone from zero to useless in record time. In Star Wars: The Force Awakens terms, Sasha may think she's Rey, but she's more like Kylo Ren or Captain Phasma.

Re Zende, he should have expressed his doubts about the surrogacy before it happened.  Zende only said what Nicole & Raya wanted to hear instead of telling the truth, which wouldn't have been pretty, but at least it would have been honest. 

When it comes to this show, the fuckery isn't just deep-fried; it's burnt to a crisp.

Happy Holidays, everyone!

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 11

This board is light years more entertaining than this crappy show right now, so I'm going to stop watching again for a month and pick up at the end of January to see if things are any better. (Doubtful. I took a month off from viewing in summer and apparently missed precious little.) I'll keep up here and with the recaps elsewhere, so if Ridge (my steamy TV boyfriend--don't tell the hub!) makes a rare appearance, I'll watch it the next day on the CBS website. Because it would be impossible for me to care any less about Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzende, Virgin Sister Surrogate, Sashay in her onesie outfits and cheap-ass weave, Carter working out shirtless but still painfully boring, Mr. Avant golfing in a hotel room, Mrs. Avant going mall shopping even though neither one of them has a job, Rick and Maya pretending that they care about Zzzzzzzende and Virgin Sister Surrogate more than their Perfect Life with a Half-Avant/Half-Forrester baby on the way, Creepy Jude Law, the Waffle and his wandering Ivy, the Bratz Doll...I can't be bothered to list the rest of the lameness. This show has sunk to a very bad low. Relying on all of the new, young actors (I use the term "actors" loosely) to carry the show is a very bad idea in my book.

• Love 9

I think Katie and Bill's baby was born subsequent to Rosie?  Will.  Never mind that Bill is William Spencer and that Liam's full name is William Spencer.  We needed another variation to complete the trifecta of William Spencers.  I want to say it was about 3 years ago.

Yes, he definitely was.  I wasn't watching yet when Rosie was born, but I was watching when Will was born.  So he's more recent.  

• Love 2

The best way to get Sasha to shut her freaking mouth is to just come clean and tell everyone that he dipped his wick someplace else and he's got this smartass, blackmailing kid out of it.  Julius is an excellent actor, but putting a new character on the screen, for what reason I can't figure out, isn't fair to his storyline.

BTW, where is little Will?  Bobo Bradley needs to bring those characters to the forefront and give them some good stories.  I miss $Bill and Katie and even Brooke and the rest.  But Bobo only wants to focus on the Waffles, Poison Ivy and the Avant stories.  

Edited by KLovestoShop
  • Love 7

I haven't watched this show in about two years because it had become so lame. I'll say it again like I've said it about a year ago. This show is nothing without queen bee Stephanie Forrester. I realize the actress is retired but still. When I look back at old B&B clips featuring Stephanie, I weep. Just an awesomely dynamic character played by a top-notch actress.

Edited by Syndicate
  • Love 9

IMO Wyatt telling Liam that he was going to propose, to Ivy, was just to see Liam's reaction. Again, IMO, Liam failed. You would think he would be all for it so Ivy could move forward. But, was Liam's reaction do to hoping she would say yes or more so to Ivy saying no? What's a waffle to do. In the immortal words of Jimmy Durante "Did you ever have the feeling you wanted to go while you still had the feeling you wanted to stay...go or stay, stay or go, start to go again and change your mind again".

Why is Ivy going to be out of town for Christmas? I don't understand Bell's point on this at all. We saw Brooke making a big deal about Rick going to Hawaii for Christmas so were was the Ivy/Wyatt scene about Ivy being out of town?

Edited by Waldo13
  • Love 3

I haven't watched this show in about two years because it got so lame. I'll say it again like I've said it about a year ago. This show is nothing without queen bee Stephanie Forrester. I realize the actress is retired but still. When I look back at old B&B clips featuring Stephanie, I weep. Just an awesomely dynamic character played by a top-notch actress.

SF in the beginning was cold as ice, and truly a dynamic presence without having to say much of anything. The years after, say, 2008 don't do her acting justice.

That said, TIIC relied on her talents far too heavily, doing nothing to build up the next generation beyond Rick and Bridget's formative years (now largely forgotten) and the soup sandwich that is the current show is the result of that decision.

• Love 4

I'm not sure about $Bill's hairstyle.

And Bratz hair looks like clown hair. The hairpieces are 10 shades lighter than her mop and all curl the same direction stiffly and exactly symmetrically. I don't think she's fooling anyone.

• Love 6

RJ must really loathe his parents (can't say I blame him) since he chose a ski trip over a visit home!

His parents suck, but he's also got Hope, Steffy, Thomas and Rick as siblings.

I really want that kid who played Parker Munson on ATWT to be cast as SORASed RJ. He did bitch face so well and I'd love to see him make snarky comments about the exceptionally loathsome family he was born into.

• Love 5

Oh my, I teared up when Brooke was speaking at Eric's to them all and saw Heather and John McCook blubbering too, I am sure that was not in the script, very sweet.  I gotta mention John's teeth/dentures are doing him no justice.  His mouth is caved in like my grandfather's was when he took his dentures out at night to soak!  I am amazed in this day and age dentures can't be made to fit better...they cave in when the gums change requiring a new pair to be fitted then they jut out while people get used to that look and the cycle repeats.  LOL

Brooke looked amazing.  Kate's dress might have looked better on her in a different color but her hairstyle was not very flattering.  Bill stop cutting your hair like that! OMG that was the same Rick as now right coming down the stairs with the swooped hair on both sides?  He was so thin and had perfect hair.

Please leave Stefanie's portrait up there!  Down with Maya! 

• Love 5

Merry Christmas, everyone! Y'all are far more entertaining than this show will ever be, so while I may quit B&B from time to time I'll never quit this board. :-D

Amen! My kids are making this a Stanley Tool Christmas for me since they think I have a few screws loose for watching this crap!

Merry Christmas to my Previously TV family!!

Edited by Waldo13
  • Love 7

Brooke being bored and lonely isn't a storyline.

At least she's not drunk again.

What I would like is the Avants mixing it up with her and Eric or even Bill and Katie like if they got into the corporate game - plus Julius interacting with DD and Eric is just going to be comedy gold. I think when he has a chance he's hilarious. OB/Julius has a killer delivery on his lines. I also think the actors playing the Avant parents, plus Maya and Rick are carrying all of this surrogate stuff and the girl playing Sasha.

Someone mentioned they got a touch of cray off Sasha and I see it too. Her dialogue and premise are sending me coo coo vibes. Wouldn't be surprised if she wasn't really Julius' child at all or if she was - she's going to out crazy Ally and Quinn in the delusional category.

• Love 5

Sad, lonely Brooke is usually a prelude to her mixing it up with a man. Unfortunately, none are available, so someone's husband is likely the prey. (I highly doubt the writers would try to go there again with Thomas, and it seems like Eric's interest is purely platonic.)

That said, I think Brill Redux might be on the New Year's horizon. Too much pandering to Brooke today with Katie as head cheerleader.

Curious: If Julius worked as a limo driver back in Illinois (or I think that's the latest conclusion we've arrived at) couldn't he get a job in L.A. just *snap* like *snap* that *snap?*

• Love 7

Is Agnes Bruckner coming back to B&B? I've never seen so many flashbacks of an actress who hasn't been on the show in years and has been recast several times since. You can tell McCook & Lang are great friends by their hugging and kissing. They are the last two standing. In fact, McCook & Lang audioned together when Lang tied out for Brooke. Which is odd since they wouldn't be paired until many years later.

• Love 2

Hey--I miss you guys although I see some of you in other forums----I quit this show overnight in spite of my Thorsten love --it was too awful with the creeper and all and now I hear Ivy is ruined too---not sorry I missed that--so sad that this show is even worse than Y&R---is that even possible? But still I miss you a lot so I just came by to say Happy Holidays and to hope for better in the future? maybe? 

• Love 9

Repeat, 12/24/2013, Drama, Holiday, Soap Opera, Christmas

Eric and Stephanie's children return home to spend Christmas at the mansion; Ridge, Brooke and R.J. reunite for Christmas; Rick and Caroline spend their first Christmas as a married couple.

So I was tempted by the rerun, which was new to me.  How very odd it was to see that half the cast has disappeared in 2 years.  

But my recording started late, right before the credits, so I didn't see if Ridge really was there.  He wasn't in the parts I saw.  

Sad, lonely Brooke is usually a prelude to her mixing it up with a man. Unfortunately, none are available, so someone's husband is likely the prey...

That said, I think Brill Redux might be on the New Year's horizon. Too much pandering to Brooke today with Katie as head cheerleader.

Apparently you won't even have to wait until the new year. Brooke makes her move on Bill this upcoming week. I don't know how successful she'll be this time around.

Apparently you won't even have to wait until the new year. Brooke makes her move on Bill this upcoming week. I don't know how successful she'll be this time around.

Hell no to that spoiler. Serious question... Is the show so strapped for cash that they can't afford more new characters (beyond Avants) to avoid this shit?

• Love 2

Hell no to that spoiler. Serious question... Is the show so strapped for cash that they can't afford more new characters (beyond Avants) to avoid this shit?

Its just more laziness. It was laziness the first time around,

given the dressing-down Bill gave Brooke and Donna after the Dare campaign stunt fell through. I've never fully been able to buy into Brill just on that alone. Next to any combination of Ridge and his offspring fucking other Forresters, this this one of the LAST couple that should have ever existed, relatively decent writing aside. At this point, they're better off by writing Brooke off the show for a while than pulling this dumbass plot outta their ass, yet AGAIN.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 4

Although it's been done, I'd rather watch this again than Waffles waffling and Nicole gestating.

• Love 2

Is Agnes Bruckner coming back to B&B? I've never seen so many flashbacks of an actress who hasn't been on the show in years and has been recast several times since.

My guess is because Jacob Young was in the role of Rick at the time, so it just made sense.

I was also glad to see the Pace Twins as Hope in the flashbacks. They were so cute!

• Love 1

In the 2013 repeat shown on Christmas day, who were the dark-haired man and blonde woman at the Forrester mansion with Brooke, Thorne, Felicia, Caroline and Rick?  I wonder why they're not on anymore.

And good grief that spoiler about

Brooke.  Why can't they cast some more people for her to interact with?  Why can't Bill and Katie have a story that doesn't involve some stupid fucking triangle?

Brad Bell is a hack.  I won't even blame the other writers on staff anymore after reading that article about how B&B is the worst offender when it comes to taking advantage of their writers.

• Love 3

In the 2013 repeat shown on Christmas day, who were the dark-haired man and blonde woman at the Forrester mansion with Brooke, Thorne, Felicia, Caroline and Rick? I wonder why they're not on anymore.

That was Kristen Forrester and her husband, right? Zende's parents, I think?

Edited by Hawkeye720
  • Love 3