Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Would a police detective actually deliver a restraining order? Seems to me like that job would be under their pay grade and a regular patrol officer would do it.

Baker's got a hard-on for the Forresters. Always had. But I forget why. He has stated why in the past when he would show up at their door. Now I'm not so sure it matters any more. They're his Moby Dick.

• Love 2

I've watched soaps much longer than most of you, probably. I remember when these actors/actresses looked like real human beings. They just had  better clothes and better hair/makeup than most of us. But at least they looked like someone we might know who had more money than we did and could afford better makeup. Now, they look like mannequins. Of course, the writing and plots are so stupid and ridiculous now that people have stopped watching, along with the social media explosion so that we can read about a show and not have to watch it. Thank goodness.

• Love 5

Takes one to know one!

It's really hard to root for Ridge. A year or relative decent writing and the first relationship where he wasn't wavering between two women doesn't nullify three DECADES of the same shit Thomas is pulling now. I'll give Thomas credit for having the balls to do lowlife shit on his own and not hide behind his mother's apron as Ridge was apt to do.

If Taylor was actually still around, she'd probably be even worse than Stephanie was in that regard.  She'd probably be whining about how Ivy is ruining her kids' lives or some such shit. 

• Love 6

OMG. Word to that. Only this time, instead of fighting for Ivy to stay in the US, Taylor would be petitioning the California INS to have Ivy deported ASAP.  (Remember Gabby? Thomas's green card bride of his very own.)

We really need a sanctimonious hypocritical harpy around these days. The inmates are running the asylum I tell you!

• Love 5

If Taylor was actually still around, she'd probably be even worse than Stephanie was in that regard. She'd probably be whining about how Ivy is ruining her kids' lives or some such shit.

Ivy doesn't have evil Logan blood in her veins, so it's hard for me to say. I doubt she'd give a shit since she's not related to Brooke.
  • Love 3

As far as familial jealousy, I see if from a 180. I think Steffy is jealous of Ivy. Ivy is prettier, smarter, has a genuine marketable talent, and Liam was in love with her. He even threw Steffy over for Ivy on Steffy's attempted seduction/FC takeover earlier this year. Also, Ivy is a blood Forrester, Steffy and Thomas and their equally f-ed up father are bastard Morones by birthright.

That is far too layered for this show, unfortunately, because it's brilliant.

I have to admit, I've really enjoyed this week, especially the confrontation with Ridge and Thomas. I really need for someone to shoot that rapey creeper in the fucking face, though. Thomas makes me that angry.

• Love 6

The new girl arrives tomorrow, and apparently she was Nicole's BFF back home. Julius thinks she's only trying to snag a Forrester and there because Maya has money. (Nevermind that it's freaking Los Angeles and that there are millions of people in the city. Everything is always about Maya.) She's harbouring some kind of secret. I'm hoping boring Zende will come to his senses and put down the Maya/Nicole koolaid.

As far as Puffles, Ridge was talking to the wrong Taytot. He might be skeevy as hell, but he doesn't have any restraining orders and wasn't the cause of a series of events that lead to his cousin being killed. Steffy killed one and shocked the other. I could've done without Ivy and her so afraid of Steffy scene. I can't imagine slapping my boss with a restraining order barring them from essentially entering the building. She's a jewelry designer. She can work from anywhere. Wyatt makes my head hurt. And Liam got some and just lost his train of thought.

• Love 3

As far as Puffles, Ridge was talking to the wrong Taytot. He might be skeevy as hell, but he doesn't have any restraining orders and wasn't the cause of a series of events that lead to his cousin being killed.

This year.

The writers may have forgotten that he set fire to Rick's house, then blew up his car, but I haven't.

The difference from '09 and today is I'd be hoping for both of those self-centered, selfish creeps to off each other. Again, I reiteratE what a short sighted decision it was to kill Phoebe off, as it pretty much secures the remaining Taytots' place on the show, since Bell doesn't have the balls to kill another of Ridge's spawn.

• Love 1

Good for Ivy for getting a TRO against Steffy. Now, if someone could make that a TKO against her and Thom-ass, I'd be a happy, happy gal.

I wanted to slap the shit out of Steffy when she was whining to Ivy about how it wasn't FAAAIIIRRR and practically looking to harm Ivy again before Liam and Lt. Baker (love him!) had to literally restrain her.

Someone, anyone, lock this delusional bitch up. 

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 8

I have to admit, I've really enjoyed this week, especially the confrontation with Ridge and Thomas. I really need for someone to shoot that rapey creeper in the fucking face, though. Thomas makes me that angry.

Well, there's always the hope that his sister will get around to taking him out. 

• Love 7

I'm trying to remember the Great Thomas Crime Spree. I recall him setting fire to a house and a car, but I also vaguely recall him shoving Rick through a window maybe? A rather alarming number of people on this show get pushed off and through things, so I could be mixed up. Can anyone help a penguin out?

• Love 3

I'm trying to remember the Great Thomas Crime Spree. I recall him setting fire to a house and a car, but I also vaguely recall him shoving Rick through a window maybe? A rather alarming number of people on this show get pushed off and through things, so I could be mixed up. Can anyone help a penguin out?

It was Ridge who shoved Rick out the window...or maybe it was off the roof. In any event, Rick went splat and it became fodder for The Soup! Edited by ByTor
  • Love 1

Ridge shoved Rick off the roof. Thomas shoved Rick through the window in the communal CEO/meeting/nookie pad office. I think they were fighting over Caroline.

Drew Tyler Bell Thomas set fire to the front door of the (also communal) beach house when Rick was living there. He also planted a bomb in Rick's car. However, my memory fails me as to what Thomas was grinding an axe about (that time.)

Edited by grisgris
  • Love 5

Why are Zende and Nicole in the friggin' board room???

Exactly. Two interns sitting in the boardoom breaking bread with doddering Eric Forrester and those two other nitwits.  What a painful, awkward scene. Eric looking so thrilled as if he would really give two craps about how Nicole is feeling. And Maya sitting there with her shining eyes and the ugliest outfit I have ever seen. 

Horrible episode which IMO was only saved by the talent of Obba B who cracked me up when he was rolling his eyes as Viv let that newcomer into their room.

Mildly curious about the "sekrit" but that's only becuase I love Obba and Anna Maria -- otherwise I could care less....

Edited by SiouxB
  • Love 11

You know, I wouldn't mind if the Avant kids left and we just kept the parents. Is that wrong?

NP - if that's wrong,I never want to be right !

I wasn't really paying attention and was going to ask what the gold-digging friend in the ugly jumpsuit had on Julius.  It hasn't been revealed?

KittyRedstone - nope not yet - let's see how long they draw this out :(

• Love 5

Sasha, a mid-west girl, comes for a visit already dressed and acting all SoCal. I don't bye it. Could have Julus and Sasha bumped uglies and that's what she is holding over his head? Stay tooned.

Since Nicole is having Rick's and Maya's baby, she has now been elivated to be called to the board table and give progress reports on her pregnancy. Zende doesn't need status elevation because he is a Forester. Interns are there to work and learn the business but the only business Nicole has learned is that you don't have to work. Of course Sasha will be welcomed at FC because she is Nicole's friend. That is until Sasha hits on Zende but I feel that Sasha will ultimately go after Thomas.

• Love 5

My observations on Sasha:

She might want to get a grip on the Cher-like hair-swinging. Cher can pull that off because it's been her trademark move for decades. Sasha doing it just looks like a cheap imitation, IMO.

She's taller than I expected so I guess she's not going to be tempting Zende away from her BFF Nicole. She'd make him look even shorter than he is. I think she'll set her sights on Thomas because every midwestern girl must nab themselves a Forrester. I'll be curious to see how Carter reacts to her.

I think the actress is trying a little too hard with the ACTING! and the director might want to help her ease up on that.

Ditto comments upthread, so what's the big secret between Sasha and Mr. Avant? Former fling? He's her daddy too? That was quite the death stare he gave her. I guess it's clear where Maya got her eye-dagger-shooting ability from.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 8

I feel like he must be her daddy because she kept saying things about "them all" being in LA and implying that she should be there too--sounding like she was a member of the family.  But seriously, if she is his daughter, what would be the incentive to keep that a secret?

So therefore fling sounds more likely but I didn't get that vibe.

• Love 5

So is every member/friend/acquaintance of the Avants going to be about blackmail?

Don't forget the gold-digging. ;)

Did anyone notice on Friday they showed a guy on a forklift in one shot. LDG has now been on more often than Thorne.

• Love 9

Is Thorne/WH even still on contract? Apart from the Aly debacle, there's no place for him. He's not fighting with Ridge or Rick for control of FC and the last story I remember of his was him trying to set up Donna to look bad so Eric wouldn't marry her.

Stick a fork in him. He's done.

• Love 2

I feel like he must be her daddy because she kept saying things about "them all" being in LA and implying that she should be there too--sounding like she was a member of the family.  But seriously, if she is his daughter, what would be the incentive to keep that a secret?

So therefore fling sounds more likely but I didn't get that vibe.

The incentive would be not letting Viv know he cheated on her and Maya know that he replaced Myron with an outside daughter and Nicole know that her BFF is really her sister. His bedding her would be tantamount to child molestation or statutory rape. Eww.

• Love 3

I've said it before and I'll say it again...soap blackmail is SO easy to overcome!  If the "secret" (not that word again!!!) is an affair, all Julius has to do is say "Hey Vivienne, Nicole's friend in the ugly onesie  (I can't even be bothered to remember her name) is threatening to tell you we had an affair unless I get her money/in with the Forresters."  There you go, blackmail goes poof.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 7

I've said it before and I'll say it again...soap blackmail is SO easy to overcome!  If the "secret" (not that word again!!!) is an affair, all Julius has to do is say "Hey Vivienne, Nicole's friend in the ugly onesie  (I can't even be bothered to remember her name) is threatening to tell you we had an affair unless I get her money/in with the Forresters."  There you go, blackmail goes poof.

What happens when the secret is an affair that produces a child named Sasha, Nicole's onesie-wearing gal pal?

Poof! doesn't happen so easily then. The threat spends it's time hanging around with your youngest daughter, sashaying around and scoffing at you, ass cheeks say Hello Neighbors!, while insinuating herself into a modeling job at Forrester Creations and sniffing around for an open wallet.

• Love 6

On a positive note: she's much taller than I expected.

Why must every person connected to the Avants be a scheming, blackmailing bitch or Maya bum kisser? I would hope she's not the product of an affair or someone he cheated with.

• Love 7

The actress who plays this new girl, Sasha, is simply horrific. And what on earth was she wearing? Was that a silk bathrobe that barely covered her butt?

It's pretty obvious to me that she had an affair with Julius. It's also pretty obvious to me that she is determined to get a Forrester and that she is going to get pregnant by Rick. Meanwhile, Nicole loses the baby. I can write this shit better than Bradley.

Is Thorne/WH even still on contract? Apart from the Aly debacle, there's no place for him. He's not fighting with Ridge or Rick for control of FC and the last story I remember of his was him trying to set up Donna to look bad so Eric wouldn't marry her.

Stick a fork in him. He's done.

He's pretty much been done for at least the last five years. Possibly more.
  • Love 6

What happens when the secret is an affair that produces a child named Sasha, Nicole's onesie-wearing gal pal?

Poof! doesn't happen so easily then. The threat spends it's time hanging around with your youngest daughter, sashaying around and scoffing at you, ass cheeks say Hello Neighbors!, while insinuating herself into a modeling job at Forrester Creations and sniffing around for an open wallet.

Oh, Cupid, don't you go complicating things for me :). I was assuming an affair with, not an affair that produced, Sasha. I do hope she's Julius' kid (tm Ridge), though, it's certainly not as skeevy as fooling around with his daughter's best friend. But have no fear, these writers do "ick" quite well. Edited by ByTor
  • Love 5

An interesting twist to this would be if she was Maya's SORAS child from a teenage hookup. Let's say while she was a male, Myron slept with a classmate that lead to a pregnancy. Myron got kicked out and had no contact. So he wouldn't have known about a child but his parents could have. What could possibly throw a wrench her plans for the perfect Forrester family? A child who is coming back to claim what she believes is hers. If she's supposed to be 19/20 like Nicole, Maya is in her early to mid 30s, so it's not out of the scope.

I'd much rather this than an affair. There's enough cheating and backstabbing going on. The writers like screwing decent characters up, so having a God fearing man commit infidelity is something they'd have no issue with. Julius is a likeable character, and I hope they don't ruin him.

Edited by AussieBabe
  • Love 8
tessaray, on 14 Dec 2015 - 10:40 PM, said:

I don't know what Maya was wearing today but I was sure it was the most hideous thing I'd ever seen, and then the new girl showed up to give her some competition.  Do people really dress like that in LA?  

As a resident of LA, I'd have to say yes ... rompers were a big thing in the youth market about two years ago. But I don't think it was consigned exclusively to SoCal. If The Gap, Anthropologie and Kohl's carried them, rompers were nation-wide.

The black satin double-breasted formal shorts suit Steffy was wearing for Ivy's not an electrocution, with suede over-the-knee boots, is another tired fashion fad from 3+ years ago.

The actress who plays this new girl, Sasha, is simply horrific. And what on earth was she wearing? Was that a silk bathrobe that barely covered her butt?

She comes from the same genus of hybrid modelslashactresses (Beautiful, Tall and Willow Thin, Can Recite Words in a Rigid Affectation) as Tyra Banks, Lauren Hutton, Ali MacGraw, Cara Delevingne, Naomi Campbell, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Halle Barry, Jaime King ...

After Steffy, Nicole and Caroline's midriff-exposure, body-con elastic dresses, peek-a-boo cutouts, potholder-sized mini skirts, Bikini Beach/California Freedom Swimsuit Competitions, bad taste and a couple of ass cheeks on daytime doesn't faze me much.

It's pretty obvious to me that she had an affair with Julius. It's also pretty obvious to me that she is determined to get a Forrester and that she is going to get pregnant by Rick. Meanwhile, Nicole loses the baby. I can write this shit better than Bradley.

It's pretty obvious that Sasha is going to replace Nicole as pot-stirrer and sand in the lube of the Youth Quake Movement on Show.

I wish you were writing this shit for Bradley.

• Love 6

I don't know what Maya was wearing today but I was sure it was the most hideous thing I'd ever seen, and then the new girl showed up to give her some competition.  Do people really dress like that in LA?  

Apparently they dress fugly in Genoa City as well. WTF was Ashley wearing yesterday?

• Love 4

Apparently they dress fugly in Genoa City as well. WTF was Ashley wearing yesterday?

That was truly hideous.

The flowy gray blouse.

The ill-fitting red jacket and high water pants. ED is gorgeous and that outfit did her no favors.

I'm with those who think Sasha is either Julius' child (so perfect papa isn't so perfect after all - gag!) or Maya's daughter born while she was still male and in her teens. The latter could explain Maya leaving home. 

• Love 6

I agree that it would be more interesting if Sasha is either Julius or Maya's daughter, instead of her simply having had an affair with Julius.  I still think though that she will sleep with Rick and get pregnant.  She'll be carrying a Forrester baby.  The reveal comes out, and the stress of finding out that her best friend Sasha is either her sister or her niece causes Nicole to lose the heralded Forrester/Avant baby.  But there will still be one, only the Avant is Sasha.  Rick will leave Maya and marry Sasha.  

I am unclear on exactly how large the age gap is between Maya and Nicole.  I think Nicole remembers Myron leaving when he was a teen.  She was probably 5 or 6?  So is there a ten year age gap?  Doesn't seem like a large enough gap for Maya to have a daughter the same age as Nicole.

If they are going to mess with the ages, what about that (adopted) daughter of Maya's that supposedly died?  When we first met Maya, she had this big Afro hairstyle and had gotten out of prison.  I forget how long she was in prison or how old the daughter was supposed to be or how old she was supposed to be when she adopted her.  The ages don't exactly work, but it would be interesting if the family that took the girl in was the neighbor down the street.  The Avants didn't wanted the girl to be taken care of but didn't want Maya to know, so arranged for the neighbor to raise her.  Vivian has always been close to her granddaughter, but Julius was always against it.  Sasha became best friends with Nicole.  At some point, Sasha found out, which is why she is blackmailing Julius.  Neither Nicole nor Maya know.  But they will soon!  Dun Dun DUN!!!!!!

• Love 5
Of course the secret will be an affair between them....yuck!

I was thinking Julius was her secret daddy.

I haven't watched the show in weeks.  I DVR every day, look at the episode description, find there are still A stories with characters I don't care about (Liam, Steffy, Wyatt and Ivy), and no stories with my favorite characters (Quinn and Bill), I delete episode.  I only watched Monday's episode because it mentioned a new character, Sasha.

I agree about the actress playing Sasha, she's no Meryl Streep, but at least she has a spark of energy, doesn't speak in a whisper or a monotone.  The scenes with her and the Avants were a bundle of energy compared to the lackluster bullshit in the Forrester boardroom.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Love 6

I think it would be very interesting to have a child of Maya's show up in L.A., but Sasha seems a tad old for the role, even if she was born to a teenage Myron. Of course, I thought it was ridiculous that I was supposed to buy Nick Marone and Jackie as child and parent, so what the hell do I know?

Cupid, a pair of ass cheeks doesn't faze me either, which is why I occasionally still watch despite the presence of Thomas and Steffy.

• Love 9

I just want to see Maya's face crack. I'd buy a child of hers coming back. This streak of happiness and unicorns has to end at some point.

Hell I'd be happy if Sasha got pregnant by Zende and named the child after him. Maybe we'd get more than doe eyed looks from Nicole. Little Zende Jr. Sasha seems like the type to take your man and do something like that.

• Love 1

I'd be more than glad for the Avants to become a third family on the show. The Spectras are all dead or otherwise not connected to anyone currently on the show, the Logan versus Forrester thing has lost its edge when SF left the show, and the Forresters and Spencers are too intermarried to one another to have any real conflicts. Obviously, the adults bring more to the table than their entitled children, but I'd rather watch that than another go around of Taytots being Taytots or....actually, that's all the show has going for it right now. Huh.

• Love 6

I agree it would be nice to have the Avants as a new family.  What I like most about their storyline is that it is almost entirely race-blind.  No one ever mentions that they are black.  And they are completely integrated with the rest of the characters and they interact with everyone.  Unlike the Winters family on Y&R and the infamous admission by Maria Bell that they have their own separate "the black storyline".  Even today, the Winters family is very much separate from the rest of Genoa City.  The whole business with Neil, Hillary and Devon is very insular.  That's not happening with the Avants, and I think it is great.  

When they introduce new characters like Sasha it only highlights the complete waste of space that some others are.  Why is the useless Carter still around?  Even when Mushmouth was on the show, and he was the brother of a Forrester (gag), he had little storyline.  Ever since they decided to pair Rick with Maya, he has had absolutely nothing to do.  Why do they fire legacy characters like Thorne and Donna and keep Carter around?  Fire this waste and use the money to hire back somebody like Bridget.

• Love 5