Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Still want to know if Deacon is still on this damn show.  Although who the hell knows what they would do with him.

Bazinga!!! where is Deacon??? where is Ridge and belly rubbing Caroline?? Enough of the boring young foursome, and please please don't put squinted eyed Brooke back into another threesome with "stallion" and Katie!!!!

• Love 8

OMG: this fucking soap sucks so fucking bad it's unfuckingbelievable! What are the savants doing in Hawaii? I'd rather see that than this crap. Where are Caroline and Ridge?

Quinn is stupid for wanting her son to be with Steffy who was married and impregnated by Liam. I think Liam does love Ivy and Hope but he's in love with Steffy. I know I'm one of the few fans of that pairing, but I always felt like he put way more effort into his relationship with Steffy. Now she's overhearing this bullshit and something bad is about to happen. I am going to try to not watch in the new year if they do this stupid ass swapping thing. Its's fucking ridiculous and disgusting to boot.

• Love 4

Quinn is stupid for wanting her son to be with Steffy who was married and impregnated by Liam.

This is really stupid.  I think her entire motivation is just beating Liam in some capacity.  If she really loved Wyatt she would tell him to expand his dating pool outside the women who banged Liam.

And isn't it convenient that Deacon is nonexistent so they can have Quinn do dumb ass shit while up Wyatt's ass again.

• Love 12

This is really stupid.  I think her entire motivation is just beating Liam in some capacity.  If she really loved Wyatt she would tell him to expand his dating pool outside the women who banged Liam.

And isn't it convenient that Deacon is nonexistent so they can have Quinn do dumb ass shit while up Wyatt's ass again.

If Deacon were around, it might make this lame story watchable.  Quinn sneaking around messing in Wyatt's life could certainly be an interesting source of conflict.  Whatever Quinn's mental issues are, I'd rather see that than Brooke/$Bill. 

• Love 3

Bazinga!!! where is Deacon??? where is Ridge and belly rubbing Caroline?? Enough of the boring young foursome, and please please don't put squinted eyed Brooke back into another threesome with "stallion" and Katie!!!!

IIRC, TK takes a lotta time off for side projects and/or his family that lives outside of LA.

But I honestly like that there's at least one stupid, inane story that I'm not bombarded with every single frigging day. In the old days, going weeks without seeing an on contract character was common. I wish I saw way, way less of the other idiots on the show.

• Love 4

IIRC, TK takes a lotta time off for side projects and/or his family that lives outside of LA.

I don't mind that but I wish LG wasn't sidelined because of it.  They wouldn't have to go to Tony Geary lengths to get TK out of the way.  A crisis in Paris or Milan, then do the occasional Skype with Caroline, who is holding down the fort in LA.  That would give her an excuse to have to work with Rick or maybe even bond with Maya over baby shopping.  Surely there are some exclusive baby boutiques they could give us glimpses of.  

ETA:  what's so frustrating is that they don't have to spend a ton of money on overseas location shoots (though NGL, they were really fun to watch) - they have some really soapy storylines going on right now and they aren't playing them out and giving the actors anything to do.  

Edited by tessaray
  • Love 8

Y'all, I swear. If they're going to insist on keeping Bratz in the center of the action I'm gonna need someone to help her move her face muscles. I can't spend another episode trying to imagine what her vague lip pursing and different speed blinking is supposed to convey emotionally. I think there was a bit of eyebrow twitching today, which I assume is deep anguish or constipation.

Also, I'm gonna need Eric to take one for the team here and just remarry Brooke. I can't with the weepy Bill smooching. Maybe if you managed to find a man who wasn't married to one of your family members it would be easier to avoid and get over them. 

• Love 15

Coming back from a long hiatus and I have mixed feelings about the show.

I'll start with the good although I am sure I am the only one who considers this "good." The potential Brill reunion. I know, I'm crazy, but I loved this couple so much before as I felt Bill was the only man since the early Brooke/Deacon days who accepted Brooke for who she is and didn't let anyone dump on her. Plus, I have always hated Katie, St Taylor Teflon's heir apparent, when she first came back to LA and cheated with Nick who was happily married to her niece, Bridget, who was slaving away to find a cure for poor Katie's ticker. Who cheated with Ridge behind Brooke's back when he was engaged to marry Brooke.

And I'm sick of Katie being all magnanimous and secure about Brooke when she has no room to talk where husband stealing is concerned (as noted above), not to mention, she all but shoved Brooke and Bill together the first go-round. I will also never forget that the only reason Katie got Bill back is by default - Brooke left town, Bill was pissed, and suddenly, it was "my Katie" again. Blech!

I know that many hate that once again, we have Brooke as the homewrecker, but she and Katie are on equal footing as far as I'm concerned there and other than pairing her with Eric (which, no, they still give off a daddy/daughter vibe to me - even more now, than years ago) or a new guy (which, this canvas clearly won't allow it), who else is there? If I thought they could write a storyline for Brooke as  a strong, successful, solo woman, I'd eat that up like a pint of Ben & Jerry's after a break-up but it's clear they're not going to do it, so I say, bring on Brill. If nothing else, it lets me see my fave, KKL, in a storyline.

Moving on to the bad/ugly - OMG, show! What you have done to Ivy? I adored this girl and now, all I can see is, bitch, bye. Poor, poor Wyatt - he is now a three-time loser in love - first Hope, then Steffy, and now, Ivy, and all for the I just don't get it appeal of soggy Waffles? What is it about ol squinty eyes that makes women want this trifling man-child?

Even seeing Steffy's face crack standing in the constantly left ajar conference room door wasn't nearly as satisfying as I thought it would be. I wanted to throttle Ivy, Tyra-banks style. 

tumblr_luh1hbgaNa1qc4uvh.gif

It was almost enough to make me root for the return of the Avants...but not quite. Maybe they'll get shipwrecked in Hawaii. A girl can dream.

• Love 8

I'm really confused.  I thought Brooke was a VP at Forrester, but then Katie offers her a job, so it looks like she's not at Forrester anymore.  But then when Katie told Eric about the job offer, he said he'd hate to lose Brooke, so it looks like she is still at Forrester.  Then Katie tells Eric she wants Brooke to have the job to get her out of the house.  Huh?  Did somebody offscreen get a restraining order on Brooke, forcing her to be a VP who works from home?

• Love 11

Gotta give it to these Logan women, they take passive aggression to the next level. Katie has no problem faking a heart attack to stop Brooke's wedding and Brooke says yet another a "final" goodbye to Katie's husband by sticking her tongue down his throat. Yikes.

Poor Ivy. Someone call 911 to get an APB put out for her self-respect. Maybe put one out for Steffy's face too now that she's heard her fiance proclaim his love for the woman she "stole" him from. Ugh, if I had to give Liam any credit at all it's for him not having had any kids with these ditzes.

• Love 9

Waffles is VP at Forrester and Puffy is President. As I said in a previous post Brooke has a job so I don't get what Bill and Katie are offering

Do you recall Brooke's title?  Wasn't she a co-VP with Ridge?  Or did that all go away when Rick's reign of terror ended?

• Love 1

Seriously. Did you listen to Liam's declaration of love for Ivy? It was about as passionate and sincere as overcooked pasta. To me, it was pretty clear that he was saying that just to placate her. If Steffy knows the flavors and nooks and crannies of her favorite Eggo so well, then she would realize that.

Ivy, girl, you need to dip into Steffy's bag of creative tricks to lure your waffle back to your side of the toaster. How about some stuffed koalas, bush hats and some smoked gouda served whilst floating in dinghies in the pool. That would recreate the Aussie BBQ as well as the canal trip in Amsterdam. For good measure, fire up "Crocodile Dundee" after the scenic voyage around Eric's pool.

I really don't like the way that Quinn is trying to spin Wyatt's latest romantic disaster on it being Liam's fault. Yes, he should have come clean with Steffy and Wyatt about Ivy's feelings, but still ... Wyatt knew what he was getting in to and really, he should have kicked Ivy out after her dalliance with Thomas.

I have no words for Brooke. She really has been holed up in her mansion all this time because she can't bear to see or hear Bill? How special and pathetic is that? I've more or less lost all interest in the character and Brooke used to be my favorite on the show. Now, I can barely stand the sight of her.

• Love 9

Liam must have the Golden Wonder Wang between his legs the way women can't get over him.

If so, why did Hope and Ivy act like they'd entered a magical new world when they started getting with Wyatt? Hope maybe had an excuse since she had no one to compare Liam to but presumably Ivy wasn't a virgin. I'm still thinking Wyatt's got the bigger equipment but maybe Liam is good with the alphabet, if ya know what I mean...

Only if he's using CliffsNotes.

• Love 8

The left writer has no idea what the right one is doing.

Not only that but we got a lesson today on the ultimate laziness is script writing. Brooke and Ivy almost had the exact same lines. I don't understand how Ivy can think Mr McWaffle is her "compas" and her "everything" when he doesn't even know the meaning of a relationship.

• Love 3

Seriously. Did you listen to Liam's declaration of love for Ivy? It was about as passionate and sincere as overcooked pasta. To me, it was pretty clear that he was saying that just to placate her. If Steffy knows the flavors and nooks and crannies of her favorite Eggo so well, then she would realize that.

Exactly. We have six years' worth of last minute confessions from Liam, and that was milquetoast even for him.

Then again, it's Liam. He changes directions as often as a Chicago weather vane in December, so I can't entirely blame her for getting suspicious.

With that said:

I really don't like the way that Quinn is trying to spin Wyatt's latest romantic disaster on it being Liam's fault. Yes, he should have come clean with Steffy and Wyatt about Ivy's feelings, but still ... Wyatt knew what he was getting in to and really, he should have kicked Ivy out after her dalliance with Thomas.

This. He hasn't led her on or tried to be besties the way he did when Hope was with Wyatt. For better or worse, I haven't been questioning his commitment to Steffy this go-around (as to what she's done to earn such loyalty is another topic entirely).

Baffled as I am by Ivy's interest, it's hard for me to bash Eggo the human ping-pong for this.

• Love 3
ByTor, on 30 Dec 2015 - 5:15 PM, said:ByTor, on 30 Dec 2015 - 5:15 PM, said:ByTor, on 30 Dec 2015 - 5:15 PM, said:

I'm really confused.  I thought Brooke was a VP at Forrester, but then Katie offers her a job, so it looks like she's not at Forrester anymore.  But then when Katie told Eric about the job offer, he said he'd hate to lose Brooke, so it looks like she is still at Forrester.  Then Katie tells Eric she wants Brooke to have the job to get her out of the house.  Huh?  Did somebody offscreen get a restraining order on Brooke, forcing her to be a VP who works from home?

I don't know when Ridge and Brooke ceased being co-VPs, but I would think she lost her last official position at FC when Rick was deposed and Ridge became CEO, Steffy became President and Liam became VP. Brooke had been swanning around Forrester, prying into Ridge's Vasectomy Reversal Baby-gate, but there's been no explanation why she hasn't been at FC recently or why Brooke is bricked up in her mansion, feeling "Oh, Boo Hoo ... I is all alone .. My youngest chillin' are away, Bridget is socked in by weather, while Rick and the SAvant's are exercising their melanomas in Hawaii ... Dinner at Eric's, and Katie's testimonial to me were okay, but I is needy and have an itch to ruin something with my lack of social boundaries and personal control ... Looky there! A vendor was kind enough to send me a bottle of vodka for Christmas. No need to call my AA sponsor. I'll cradle poor widdle vodka bottle in my arms so that we are lonely together in my big empty house." <One Perfect Tear™ courses down her cheek>

My guess is TIIC are writing Brooke wallowing in self-pity in her mansion, hiding from her disappointment in losing Ridge to a newer, fecund version of Caroline Spencer and guilt at ruining her many relationships in order to revisit riding The Stallion. $Bill is faithless, arrogant and morally indifferent to social mores that get in the way of what he wants. He would walk away from Katie in a heartbeat to have one more taste of Brooke. And visa versa -- Brooke would trample over Katie to get her hands on $Bill.

There's no one single left to mate Brooke with but Eric -- something I wouldn't mind, because I like John McCook when they don't write him like a doddering old fool. Carter and Brooke as a couple are cringe-worthy; he's wooden and has to take off his shirt off have a personality, and she's all schmoopy neediness. 

Oliver and Donna have been disappeared, so use their combined wages, buy Brooke a decent man who can rock her in the rack, and leave Katie and $Bill as the Smug Marrieds on Show

As far as TIIC retconning Brooke's dark two weeks as a cartoon alcoholic -- Sorry, that doesn't fly. Brooke repeatedly humiliated herself, then tried to drown her sorrows finding out she destroyed DESTINY and it was no more -- her sexual prowess no longer worked on Ridge, while Deacon was hung up on Quinn and only wanted to help Brooke get sober. Everything that happened after those few AA meetings Brooke no longer attends, is to preoccupy herself with Ridge's sperm count. 

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 11

Catching up on a week. Did they give any explanation for where Ridge and Caroline were on Christmas Eve? If so, I missed it. And what about Donna? Have they started pretending like she doesn't exist anymore, like Thorne and Felicia?

Or Pam? Did she go to the Medieval Times Christmas banquet or something? I was just at Medieval Times and I felt nostalgic, I miss when Pam, Charlie, Oliver and Aly went there all the time.

Poor Oliver. What is the onscreen explanation for where he is?

When I saw Bradley wishing us Merry Christmas, I wanted to reach into my TV and throttle him. Is that healthy? I don't think I noticed out vaunted and vapidly unqualified Ambassador to Hungary in that shot. Was she there? I believe she is supposedly a "co-producer" so she should have been there. I refuse to believe she is actually doing any "work" in Hungary for what is essentially a reward for being a big donor.

• Love 3

Oliver hasn't had a place on show since well before he started dating Aly. His cousins (or maybe sister with Sandy/Agnes or whatever her name was) have been gone a while. He's the Devon Winters of B&B, but with some measurable talent that has been sorely wasted these last six years.

• Love 3

Maybe poor lonely Brooke could spend some time with her youngest son Jack rather than with her sister's husband or her bottle of hooch.

I imagine Jack is lonely too - stuffed in the closet in the guest bedroom where his mother stores her former wedding dresses and engagement rings. (it's a big closet)

• Love 7

Is Jack the baby that was supposed to be Taylor's, but ended up being Brooke's due to some "oops!" in the lab?  And Taylor had the baby but couldn't bond with him because the idea of one of her kids being partially Brooke's made it impossible for her to bond?  

• Love 4

I still like Ivy, so hope despite her silly return to chasing after Liam that she survives her Hope-fall and doesn't head back to Oz. Mostly I'm chortling at Steffy perched at the top of the stairs weeping and wailing at Liam, who looks unlikely to buy "It was an acccccident!" Once again.

• Love 5

Steffy's 'Ivvvvyyyyyy!!!!!' had me chortling.

I rarely agree with Steffy but she was right that Liam didn't need to be that nice to Ivy as she was walking out the door. I hope that he noted she was more upset for Wyatt than she was about Ivy doing her Hail Mary pass at Liam.

Honestly, no way would Wyatt have believed Liam if he had come to him and said 'Sorry bro but uh....Ivy wants me back again. Totally didn't lead her on but you know....the ladies love Liam what can I say?'

Wyatt would've flipped it to Liam being all about himself and not letting Ivy go and leading her on with Quinn snarling that Liam is a selfish wuss who wants all the attention. Unless either Wyatt or Quinn heard it for themselves they'd just see Liam as trying to stir up trouble. And even when Quinn heard it she was still targeting Liam as an instigator instead of having this twist dumped on him as well.

I want Liam to try an experiment. Leave town. Let Wyatt and Steffy get together. Come back to town with a new woman. Dollars to donuts Quinn will want Wyatt with the new chick because she thinks the woman is better for her than Liam when the real reason is that Quinn is always going to think that Wyatt is the better one of the two because she resents Liam getting it all from Bill and Wyatt is the one left out. I think she's pathologically overcompensating for cheating Wyatt out of all he could've had with Bill by keeping his parentage a secret and knows it's her fault but is blaming Liam who is paying the price. Yes, he has his faults, but nothing he has done has earned the unmitigated unfair wrath of Quinn Fuller. Sheesh.

• Love 7

I won't lie.  I laughed, rewound, and laughed some more.  Steffy as the killer cousin is the only thing that seems to make me smile on this show.  Not because I like Bratz, by any means, but because it's just so hilariously bad every time.  (Not that I'm not still bitter about her offing Aly, because I am).  Fingers crossed this spill down the stairs re-aligned whatever rattled out of place when Ivy got electrocuted, and we can discover that all this "I love Liam!" was just some mis-firing neurons, or something.  

And Caroline still exists!  

• Love 12

Liam is just like his father where he likes to keep his options open whether or not married, engaged or whatever. Steffy really knows Liam doesn't she? Steffy has him pegged but for some reason she wants to marry him. Also, Liam knows Steffy that she couldn't resist confronting Ivy, one more time, knowing she was leaving. Even if Liam handcuffed Steffy to the desk, she would have found a way to drag it to Eric's house. I'm wondering if we find out that Ivy was pregnant and she would loose the baby a la Hope. Would Bell do it to Wyatt? Darn right he would because that is the extent of his imagination.

Caroline was adorable with Wyatt and we saw a little bit of a belly. I would laugh if St Nicole's belly would become bigger than Caroline's.

Edited by Waldo13
  • Love 4

Is Jack the baby that was supposed to be Taylor's, but ended up being Brooke's due to some "oops!" in the lab?  And Taylor had the baby but couldn't bond with him because the idea of one of her kids being partially Brooke's made it impossible for her to bond?

Yes, he is from Brooke's egg, but I don't think that Brooke has ever really considered him to be her son.  As far as I know, he is sailing around the world with Prick Marone.  Maybe they will run into Sally Spectra's cruise ship and Gendry from Game of Thrones in his rowboat.  The fact that Eric gave Brooke a locket that only had pictures of Rick, Bridget, Hope and RJ shows that she doesn't consider Jack her son.

I'm tired of this Ivy drama.  Just GTFO already.  If you're going to leave, then LEAVE.  Don't be all passive aggressive and make people beg you to stay.  Be strong and leave.  I hope this time she's really dead.  That's mean, but my tolerance for this show is at an all time low.

• Love 4

Is Jack the baby that was supposed to be Taylor's, but ended up being Brooke's due to some "oops!" in the lab? And Taylor had the baby but couldn't bond with him because the idea of one of her kids being partially Brooke's made it impossible for her to bond?

That's the excuse the writers put in after KKL put her foot down on a Brooke/Nick reunion (for which Jack's existence was going to be the catalyst for).

A more talented writing staff could have made a Katherine/Jill/Philip III situation of it where the two could have co-parent and played out their rivalry through him. It was pretty much what the writers did with these two and their idiot daughters over Waffle anyway.

Still, I'd be remiss to point out the passive aggressive ways Brooke would stop by or drop in to check on the baby. The story pacing was derailed by a tragic coincidence of Tylo's 19 year old son passing away and her being off the show for three months afterwards. But given that Brooke was using her uterus as a bargaining chip with Nick the year before plus all their past history? I'm no Taylor fan and the writing was beyond stupid for the reason she had to give up Jack, but I'd been suspect of Brooke's concern too.

• Love 4

Yes, he is from Brooke's egg, but I don't think that Brooke has ever really considered him to be her son. As far as I know, he is sailing around the world with Prick Marone. Maybe they will run into Sally Spectra's cruise ship and Gendry from Game of Thrones in his rowboat. The fact that Eric gave Brooke a locket that only had pictures of Rick, Bridget, Hope and RJ shows that she doesn't consider Jack her son.

To be fair, he spect far more time with Bridget that Brooke, so they probably had no clips of him with Brooke ;)

I'm being snarky of course, but honestly, I just think it's the idiot writers, especially Brad Bell, that want to forget Jack existed. His sole purpose was to bring Brooke and Nick together again and that didn't happen. Once Nick left, there was no trace of his presence on the show...no mentions from Ridge or Donna whom he'd started dating shortly before Wagner was given his walking orders, and no mentions from Hope who is the closest thing he has to a daughter in the world, and who could've used a strong voice during the Liam bullshit.

TLDR; I expect Brooke to run off with her old college flame Dave and for Caroline I to return from the grave before we ever hear a mention of Jack again.

• Love 1

What is the name of that vodka? Looked like "Beata." Huh?

Bn'B really can't afford product placement fees, so a post-modern vase from Richard's Crafts, die-cut adhesive lettering, a wax dip over a corked filler and Voilà! Beata Vodka for the masses.

• Love 2

I'm glad Steffy called Liam out for his stupid leading on shit, but she shouldn't be surprised.

That fall down the stairs? Hilariously bad. And where the hell did Liam come from?!

Katie is beyond stupid and deserves the inevitable outcome of putting Bill in Brooke'spath.

• Love 11
Bn'B really can't afford product placement fees

I thought the seller/marketer paid the show to feature their product, not the other way around? I get why shows aren't going to have characters using MacBooks (with the logo clearly visible) or listening to Top 40 music because of copyright issues. However, I think more often than not when a show does feature a brand name product it's because they're getting paid to do so. Otherwise, why bother? What would be in it for them?

Wonder why B&B was being so coy about the Friday spoilers? Was anyone surprised that it was Ivy who fell down the stairs? Did anyone's eyes not roll almost completely out of their head when they saw it? That said, OMG how stupid is Steffy? Just can't leave well enough alone.

Forget restraining orders, I don't see how Ridge doesn't give Steffy an extended time out from her job. She didn't exactly push Ivy down the staircase but she instigated the heated argument that caused it. Ivy probably needs to be given her walking papers too but at this point she's probably got Steffy by the throat legally so FC won't want to do anything to make things worse. If I were Ridge I'd be looking for a way to get Liam out too since he's at the center of all this relationship drama. It's a wonder FC functions at all the way most of their key employees spend so much time going after each other's mates.

• Love 6

Happy New Year to one and all :)

And now for more inanity.

If these spoilers are true, this show needs a time out.

That first one is a joke, right?

It has to be. That's getting into "Taylor's body was replaced with a wax dummy and no one noticed" levels of ridiculous.

That's not to say I feel one iota of sympathy for Steffy getting the shaft once again. Even apart from her own behavior towards Ivy and Hope, she damn well knows Liam has no spine and goes for what's easiest in the moment.

• Love 7

I honestly don't know how Rena Sofer doesn't bang her head against the wall. Besides the fact that I don't think she has ever had a story about her character, all she does when given airtime is have the same conversation with Wyatt. Just change the name of the girl of the moment. Is this how Bell is going to put her back on the front burner? I'll pass if it is.

• Love 6