Type keyword(s) to search

Christine Brown Woolley: Nacho Sister Wife Anymore

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

They could also do what a lot of people do… choose jobs that provide employee sponsored health insurance instead of working MLM jobs with no benefits…

What are the odds that any of those people hold a job that provides insurance. Janelle would have to roll off her couch and do something. Meri would have to quit nailing herself to her own cross while she plays the victim. Robyn would have to climb down off her throne for 40 hours a week. And Christine, well maybe there's hope for her to have a job that requires Monday-Friday work. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

They could also do what a lot of people do… choose jobs that provide employee sponsored health insurance instead of working MLM jobs with no benefits…

Heck, work ANY job and use the money to pay for insurance.  There are five adults (well, as defined by age) on that ship of fools.  Even if they all had mid level paying jobs they could afford it.  That's what the ACA is all about.  But, no, coerce the money for hospital stays from the drooling fans using crowdbegging instead.

Why somewhat sane (using the term loosely) total strangers would feel compelled to offer them money just because they asked is a total mystery to me.  They have turned over millions in real estate in the past few years and yet their sycophants continue to feel the need to give them money on demand.

• Love 16
On 11/14/2021 at 8:10 AM, Absolom said:

Christine may well be on SSI.  That's the need based program.  

SSI provides basic income to people who, due to disability, CANNOT work. It's not for those who DON'T WANT TO work or have no skills. Being a ditz is not a qualifying disability.  Sorry Christine. 

• Useful 3
  • LOL 8
  • Love 7

Christine was on food stamps before the show started, probably because she claimed to be a single mother with 5 kids to feed and no reliable income (did she even tell SS that she was living with the children's father and two adult women and their 7 kids?). Bankruptcy and Bleeding the Beast are how many sister wives get by.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 3
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Desert Rat said:

SSI provides basic income to people who, due to disability, CANNOT work. It's not for those who DON'T WANT TO work or have no skills. Being a ditz is not a qualifying disability.  Sorry Christine. 

If you had grown up in the same town I grew up in, you'd see that there are ways around that. SSI can most definitely be received by people who don't wanna work. 

• Useful 7
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, Cetacean said:

Why somewhat sane (using the term loosely) total strangers would feel compelled to offer them money just because they asked is a total mystery to me.  They have turned over millions in real estate in the past few years and yet their sycophants continue to feel the need to give them money on demand.

Am curious to hear what you meant with turned over milions?

If you meant spending outrageous amounts of money in excess of a million (probably 2-3) I agree. If you refer to the possibility of having made that much money in real estate I have to disagree.
While all the houses in LV were sold at a profit, it was nowhere near the (minimally) expected 250k per house Kody envisioned. Only Robyn came ‘close’ (well sort of) with buying for around 444k and selling for just over 600k. The Lehi house, on the other hand, was sold at a significant loss. We have also wondered about the actual value of Coyote Pass considering the state of the property and the huge amount it’s going to cost to develop. So I’ll leave that out of consideration. Robyn’s house has probably increased in value as did Christine.

So yeah, they have made some profit on the LV houses and the 2 Flagstaff properties have risen in value,  but millions?? They’d be lucky if it’s 1 million. And while a huge sum, we shouldn’t forget it comes from 4 households combined, making it even less spectacular. They could have and should have done so much better!

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Desert Rat said:

The post you quoted is taken out of context of the discussion where it was made.  We were discussing Christine's retirement and qualification for SSA benefits not her current state.  Of course she would not currently qualify for SSI.  Also her resources exceed the limit and the show income would also.  However, SSI is not just for disability, but also for people over 65 with very low income and resources.  

• Useful 6

Christine is self employed with LulaRoe. She should be paying income tax and social security on her earnings. Being on a TV show it would be a red flag if she is not paying income tax and FICA. A number of reality TV stars have been hit with tax liens and penalties for not paying taxes on their earnings. Don't they also have to pay income tax and FICA on their earnings from the TV show? So if she continues to work and pay FICA she should be eligible for Social Security.  

• Useful 7
  • Love 1
On 11/30/2021 at 5:44 AM, LilyD said:

One thing I really like about this board (apart from discussing the Brown idiots) is learning  about life in other parts of the world. What I consider normal, is obviously not the standard in other parts of the world and vice versa.

Take this real estate thing for instance; Everything involving buying or renting a house over here, is done on week days. And particularly now during the pandemic when houses will sell regardless.  Realtor: "You want to buy a house? Find time in your diary to view it. What? Oh you work during the weeks and are free in the weekends? Well... you know, so do/am I.... "  It works fine here, and after having lived in more than one country, I can say it works the same there too. (exceptions are open houses, which may be in a weekend, and the front office who may be open for inquiries for a few hours on Saturday morning.)

It's not my intention to judge realtors in the US by the way, so please don't take offence. More to highlight small differences in every day life that are considered normal in one country and are completely different in another. It's quite interesting really.

Very true.  I occasionally am looking at the costs of renting in countries that are cheaper to live in.  In case I ever find myself not being able to afford to live in the US when it comes time to retire.  Some European countries, you have to go through a broker/realtor to rent an apartment, to find what you are looking for and what you are willing to spend, or having to get a recommendation from a person to be able to rent.  Where as in the US, you just fill out an application and paying a fee for a background check and processing you application and you have you keys when you are ready to move in.

Agree, I like to learn how different our lives are or how we go about doing things.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Absolom said:

The post you quoted is taken out of context of the discussion where it was made.  We were discussing Christine's retirement and qualification for SSA benefits not her current state.  Of course she would not currently qualify for SSI.  Also her resources exceed the limit and the show income would also.  However, SSI is not just for disability, but also for people over 65 with very low income and resources.  

Yeah,  I know. I was attempting to make fun of Christine,  not to explore the finer points of social security. She likely will have too much in resources to qualify for SSI at 65 either. But there are work arounds and being the grifter she is she will likely figure out how to qualify. I don't want to give her any tips, however. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 11/28/2021 at 4:56 AM, Fosca said:

This is part of why there was a mandate to buy insurance under Obamacare, so that people couldn't do this.  However, that got struck down, so now there's more of this.  I'm not sure how a lot of companies are staying in business, other than not all offer their services through the exchange.

I had health insurance through the gov. for the first year. It was $600/mo & I only had to pay $25/mo. The second year it skyrocketed to $1100/mo, but I was still only going to receive a $575/mo subsidy so I dropped it because I couldn't afford to pay $575 for both rent and insurance. Needless to say, I'm paying the physical cost of not being able to afford health insurance for so many years.

The mandate may have made sense fiscally, but it was just another financial hardship on low & middle income workers. 

• Love 1
On 11/28/2021 at 4:01 PM, LilyD said:

That’s…..interesting…. So technically Christine could just cancel the policy once ysabel is done and reapply for one if she gets a torn ligament like  an ACL for instance,  claim the surgery and then cancel it again? What an amazing way to trick the health system and health insurance. (Me being sarcastic here)

Yep that would work brilliantly for the Brown clan, so long as there’s no real emergency of course.

There is an enrollment window each year to sign up, and I believe it is actually right now. So they can't just pick up insurance willy nilly via the exchange. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Christine appears to be making bank on Cameo. Good for her. She has over 200 reviews. At $35 per pop, even if every single customer has left a review, that's almost $8 K. More if however many did not leave a review. Even if Cameo takes 20-25%, that's still a pretty decent extra, non-Plexus non-Lularot income stream. Good for her. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, NoWhammies said:

That's a lot of cookies for one baby...

My question is why does an infant have any cookies?  As far as I can remember my kids were all over a year before getting any kind of cookie and those were animal cracker type things.  My grandkids didn't get cookies until they were close to two.  

The doctor has said the child is overweight and there are two plates of iced decorated cookies available?   I don't think they are thinking of the best interest of the child.  But then perhaps the parents want the child to look like daddy.  

• Love 10
14 minutes ago, Absolom said:

My question is why does an infant have any cookies?  As far as I can remember my kids were all over a year before getting any kind of cookie and those were animal cracker type things.  My grandkids didn't get cookies until they were close to two.  

The doctor has said the child is overweight and there are two plates of iced decorated cookies available?   I don't think they are thinking of the best interest of the child.  But then perhaps the parents want the child to look like daddy.  

She's a lovely baby but in the video Mykelti posted today in her "Stories" Christine is holding Avalon and she is very definitely overweight. It's not just normal roly poly baby fat. Her stomach protrudes. It's not quite as visible in these still photos.  I may get pilloried for stating this but it's a fact. They must be overfeeding her terribly and it's so unhealthy. 

• Love 21
11 minutes ago, Teafortwo said:

She's a lovely baby but in the video Mykelti posted today in her "Stories" Christine is holding Avalon and she is very definitely overweight. It's not just normal roly poly baby fat. Her stomach protrudes. It's not quite as visible in these still photos.  I may get pilloried for stating this but it's a fact. They must be overfeeding her terribly and it's so unhealthy. 

I agree with you.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Absolom said:

Oh gosh - I just realized she's only what - like 6-7 months old? I was thinking she was around a year old - so yeah. That's a great question. 

• Love 8

At first I thought that they were just for the photo op but then we see her eating them.  In the "olden times" kids got those little teething biscuits that were pretty bland.  This is really a bad precedent - starting a kid at that age on sugar cookies loaded with sugar icing.

9 hours ago, Absolom said:

But then perhaps the parents want the child to look like daddy.

Sadly that might be the case.

• Love 11
10 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

I agree with you. And, look at the parents—they’re very immature still and not the brightest bulbs (and perhaps the child has tantrums for food already). 

I’ve seen how hard that can be with one of my nieces—she would have full on crying jags for food and she was a little overweight. It’s better now, but part of the problem is that her mother is obese, shovels cookies in and then tells the kids no, policing their food but not her own (way to set an example). When it comes to nutrition, parents must set the example and eat healthy themselves most of the time (making treats ok, but not every day and certainly not a buffet). 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 13
On 12/5/2021 at 11:19 PM, AdorkableWitch said:

There is an enrollment window each year to sign up, and I believe it is actually right now. So they can't just pick up insurance willy nilly via the exchange. 

Open enrollment through Dec. 13.  Depending on her income, she might qualify for Marketplace coverage.( She may may too much with TLC income.)  So, reasonable premiums for adult and children coverage.  

• Love 2

She is very roly-poly.  I would be more concerned if she is still that way after she starts walking, but here's hoping Avalon isn't being raised on daddy's chicken cordon "blue" and Oma's Plexus and mock tapioca.

• Love 8

God, those eyebrows just jump right off the page at you, don't they.

This certainly looks like more fun than sitting at home seething about how Kody has taken Robyn to the Scottsdale mall, which is probably what some other ladies are doing...hoping for a s'more or a robotics article. 😆

Christine's looking like the only one with a backbone and a brain these days.

• LOL 2
  • Love 20
On 12/1/2021 at 4:53 PM, Desert Rat said:

Yeah,  I know. I was attempting to make fun of Christine,  not to explore the finer points of social security. She likely will have too much in resources to qualify for SSI at 65 either. But there are work arounds and being the grifter she is she will likely figure out how to qualify. I don't want to give her any tips, however. 

On 12/7/2021 at 11:14 PM, Absolom said:

I feed my granddaughter cookies and both of my grandsons. None are fat. I'm a nurse

On 12/7/2021 at 11:32 PM, Teafortwo said:

Infant rolls are not a health risk or an indication of later obesity. Some babies are just chubby. Most slim out when toddlers. Even the ones who eat cookies.

• Love 18
10 minutes ago, OdinO. said:

I feed my granddaughter cookies and both of my grandsons. None are fat. I'm a nurse

But are they only about 8 months old?  That's what bothers me.  If they even gave her one very small cookie I wouldn't have said anything.  She should barely be being introduced to table food at this point.

• Love 11
8 hours ago, Absolom said:

But are they only about 8 months old?  That's what bothers me.  If they even gave her one very small cookie I wouldn't have said anything.  She should barely be being introduced to table food at this point.

Some babies get very chunky on just milk or formula. My daughter was exclusively breastfed, and off the charts for length, and near the top for weight. She was chunky and hungry and you always feed a hungry baby. She’s now a tall, slim 4 year old. I agree with OdinO. Most slim out when they become mobile and active as toddlers.

• Love 14

That's true for many babies.  My granddaughter was one of those quite chunky solely breastfed infants.   I'm objecting to TWO plates of iced/frosted cookies for an infant who can't walk yet.  Do people really go around feeding infants plates of cookies regularly and consider that acceptable?  Carlin and Evan aside.  We know they think cake pops were made for infants.  

• Love 13

I suppose two plates of sugar cookies are roughly the equivalent of a first birthday "smash cake" for a baby. And those are mostly about a photo op and a baby with frosting all over their face--so maybe the cookies on the plate were more about photo op/sm and less that she was actually eating them. 🤷‍♀️ Or maybe she breakfasts on donuts and cocoa krispies, has french fries and a milkshake for lunch, and eats cake for dinner.

You never really know. My husband's cousin has said many times she won't deny her daughter comfort foods no matter what, so if her daughter wants sugar and fast food, it's what she gets. I'm pretty sure she lives on sugar and starch. My type 1 diabetic niece ate more candy than any kid I have ever met. I think we are a society woefully uneducated about food with virtually unlimited access to non-nutritious, processed crap that is way cheaper than fresh, unprocessed, nutritionally dense foods and a lot of misinformation about what a nutritious diet consists of. 

Edited by NoWhammies
  • Love 9

@NoWhammies, I agree with all you said. It may be a photo opportunity and you never really know. Plus, like some mentioned also: some babies become huge just on breast milk or formula and will slim down once they start walking. Two of my 3 kids were chubby from breast milk and slimmed down within a year.

But... when I look at Mykelti and definitely Tony, I fear there is more to it. And that literally refers to more food and unhealthy food. The fact that she has so many cookies and obviously nibbled from all of them, says enough if you ask me. And yes, unfortunately it's becoming the standard to feed very young kids cookies and even little bags of crisps! More and more people do that.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, truebluesmoky said:

Y’all. That baby is 8 months old. She didn’t eat a plate full of cookies. There is just no way. They gave them to her for a photo opp and let her nom on them for a bit. She probably actually swallowed the equivalent of a quarter of one cookie. The baby doesn’t have molars yet. 

You’re probably right, it was likely for a photo op and I hope not a regular occurrence. I was thinking the same thing about the baby having no molars and was concerned about a choking hazard.

• Love 2