Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

54 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I'll never forget that scene, I didn't need to know that Janelle loves kody and his jackhammer pelvis.   *barf*

Didn't Kody once say he thought of Janelle as a "buddy"?  

• Love 6
13 hours ago, deirdra said:

Yes he did.  I still think that maybe Janelle is simply not interested in any man, not just Meri's brother, and living plyg was a way for her to go the semi-traditional marriage route without having a pesky man in her way every single day.  Purely speculation, of course, but remember that Mariah was also the only kid who was initially going to live plyg.  I don't pretend to know their reasoning but it makes sense to live this lifestyle if you want kids, just not the man (to paraphrase Christine).

• Love 9

I remember on one of the Tell-Nothings with the older kids, Mariah told Kootie his pants were too tight, and Janelle said "ooh, we like his pants tight."  Janelle is nuts for liking that stupid Kootie-Tail!  Or her 'marriage' to that asshat.  🤮

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
20 hours ago, deirdra said:

6 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Yes he did.  I still think that maybe Janelle is simply not interested in any man, not just Meri's brother, and living plyg was a way for her to go the semi-traditional marriage route without having a pesky man in her way every single day.  Purely speculation, of course, but remember that Mariah was also the only kid who was initially going to live plyg.  I don't pretend to know their reasoning but it makes sense to live this lifestyle if you want kids, just not the man (to paraphrase Christine).

I think he said it when they were buying a bed for her birthday activity after one of their moves.  They were lying on the floor model bed with their dirty shoes when he made the comment.

When Mariah came out to all the parents, she explained that she wanted polygamy to hide from herself or that she expected to be miserable in the marriage for several years before leaving.

• Useful 5
5 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

They're both horn dogs

Noooo!  you put this in writing!

As difficult as it is to ignore, considering the number of mouths they have to feed, I've been doing a great job ignoring this aspect of the Brown's magical love story.

Help-my brain!

• LOL 14
22 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I think Janelle is heterosexual (as in enjoys partnered sex with men) but I think she may be a little aromantic or gray-romantic. I don’t think she ever had the romantic attachment to Kody that Meri felt for example. Romantic love just isn’t how she wanted or needed to get her emotional needs met, but she wanted biological children (like a lot of people) and saw a way to get the biological children and have them raised.

Had Janelle been born 20yrs later or in a different social milieu she may have just gone to a sperm bank/sperm jacked a guy* and hired a nanny (which is what a lot more women are doing in 2021 than they were in 1995). 

I don’t think Janelle is all that odd, in my brief time as an adult (I’m 35) I think there are a lot of women who want to be mothers, but don’t care about men that much (even though they CLAIM they want a man), they spend tons of energy on men that don’t want them and once they get the child/children they want they aren’t interested in men/romantic relationships with men any more at all. 

I think Mariah was more an extreme example of that- given that she doesn’t have any sort of attraction to men(or very little the last I heard). Mariah was attracted to the plural lifestyle because the relationships between the women would emotionally fulfill her, the man was just there to provide resources and genetic material for children- makes sense given she’s a lesbian. 

*“sperm jack” means having unprotected with a guy in the hopes you’ll get pregnant as the primary motivation for the sexual encounter, I’m not talking about the sexual assault of men or anything like that. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 2

In the first couple of years of the show, Mariah seemed to have a fantasy view of polygamy. Having one spare mom to earn money (Janelle), a second one to babysit and run the daycare/school for free (Christine), and a biomom in separate quarters where she could retreat, when all the siblings became too much for her, seemed ideal.  As she got older she saw the bitterness and competition for attention from a man-child.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 9
On 1/28/2021 at 9:15 PM, Dustbunny said:

yes unless she's talking about Kodys hips/ass/crotch

Remember when she was growling and all breathy describing how hot he is *puke*

There's one time when I kind of felt bad for Meri, she has to hear that Janelle dumped her brother because she was lusting after Kodys hips and thrust-a-bility 😫

I died laughing from that gross image. 

• LOL 7
On 1/14/2021 at 9:43 AM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

image.thumb.png.ada609aa864aae21266a6a1bb05a6769.png

MFM, if you ever need a sisterwife, hit me up. I promise to share my joory with you and I won't ever ask you to participate in assine can-painting crafts. Also, I don't want to brag, but I don't need a 15-minute pep talk to take the trash out.

I'm quite a catch.

• LOL 16
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Isn't she supposed to be doing some $45 accountability group?

The accountability group should have run from January 18 through February 3.  Then, the exhausted Mama Bear must have gone into hibernation.  She should wake up on February 15, after she sleeps through another loveless Valentine's Day away from Kody and the stores mark down all the Valentine's Day candy. 

Since Kody's isolating at Robyn's, he won't be able to harass a random florist with his "I have four wives!" declaration in person.  Instead, he'll just reuse the flowers and spray from the enormous bouquets he ordered online to give to Robyn and her daughters.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Isn't she supposed to be doing some $45 accountability group?

I actually laughed out loud at that.  You'd think she would've been talking it up or at the very least, posting some kind of wrap-up as to how it went.

My guess - no one signed up, she got mad, and has been buried under a peanut-butter encrusted blanket ever since.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

Yet again, her Instagram posts coincidentally address our snark here.

What does it say about her accountability group if, as she says

• She's been sick for what seems like forever
  • She's starting a new workout class for the millionth time, if she can force herself to drive there, get out of the car, etc..
  • She's wearing a face mask while exercising for the first time in a pandemic that is approaching its second year?

Also, the Sister Wives ad shows four diamond wedding rings - not the sacred MSWC claddagh rings.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
26 minutes ago, Grifter Lives said:

• She's starting a new workout class for the millionth time, if she can force herself to drive there, get out of the car, etc..
  • She's wearing a face mask while exercising for the first time in a pandemic that is approaching its second year?

Also, the Sister Wives ad shows four diamond wedding rings - not the sacred MSWC claddagh rings.

Reading her Strive post, I couldn't help but wonder if she and Savanah had covid, after the various visits from Garrison, Gabe, etc.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

403DED64-2675-4B46-9217-958933EBCB30.jpeg

F0B2944C-A8DF-4B72-9B85-05BA139C7FFE.jpeg

83431DB6-D182-4ABA-AA5D-08F8BDE0A3DE.jpeg

She's like listening to Debbie Downer, Sad Sack and Eeyore all rolled into one big blob.

It's always the same, her out of control monster of an appetite battling with her phony baloney health coach persona.

I'm starting to wonder if she doesn't know that we can SEE her!  😲

• Love 9
Just now, Joan of Argh said:

She's like listening to Debbie Downer, Sad Sack and Eeyore all rolled into one big blob.

It's always the same, her out of control monster of an appetite battling with her phony baloney health coach persona.

I'm starting to wonder if she doesn't know that we can SEE her!  😲

I read her post and in my brain I heard the Sad Trombone (womp womp).

• LOL 11
20 minutes ago, Teafortwo said:

Reading her Strive post, I couldn't help but wonder if she and Savanah had covid, after the various visits from Garrison, Gabe, etc.

With all the running around these folks have done that wouldn't surprise me. They seem to have no clue about isolating and masking up. If they did I hope they have no lasting impact healthwise.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Teafortwo said:

I wondered that, too.

1 hour ago, Grifter Lives said:

The rings..diamonds or zircs?

• Love 6
4 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

No, Janelle. Not in the same boat. 

Besides, she’d have to run a marathon to get the increases she’s looking for. Hmmmmm here’s a clue—maybe that’s why she’s still obese. 

Agree.  When I'm focused on my eating and weight loss, I never use the added calories I earn from exercise that I do.

• Love 3
On 2/11/2021 at 8:35 PM, Joan of Argh said:

Maybe she's dead... those feet look like they belong on a cadaver.  

OMFG... 😂 😂 😂

On 2/12/2021 at 2:41 PM, ginger90 said:

403DED64-2675-4B46-9217-958933EBCB30.jpeg

F0B2944C-A8DF-4B72-9B85-05BA139C7FFE.jpeg

83431DB6-D182-4ABA-AA5D-08F8BDE0A3DE.jpeg

How can they possibly be sick after she made all of that elderberry syrup and tinctures?  /sarcasm

Random thought - This woman should never be allowed to photograph food.  Or photographs that include her fish-belly white feet in salvaged slippers.  *shudder*

On 2/12/2021 at 9:01 PM, Art Of Noiz said:

I wondered that, too.

The rings..diamonds or zircs?

My FB feed has been showing promos for Kays Jewelers.  I noticed they have a pillow cut ring for about $200.  It's "a lab created white sapphire" surrounded by some other bullshit "gem."  

It looked suspiciously like a lot of the "engagement" rings floating around on 90 Day Fiance and other reality shows.  

19 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

She would have to walk 4,000 steps to burn 300 calories. I'm assuming she's around 275 lbs at this point. 

Usually it's people who hate to exercise that have that mindset, IMO.

https://www.verywellfit.com/pedometer-steps-to-calories-converter-3882595

I'm assuming she's also around 275 steps at this point.  

I wonder how many steps it is from her recliner to the refrigerator and back again.  

I'm pretty sure repeated trips to and from her kitchen are the most activity she sees on a given day.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Someone commented that they can’t take melatonin because it gives them horrific nightmares. Janelle replied her “sons are the same way”.

Not me.  I sleep like a baby with it.  It is especially useful when traveling, because I can seldom fall asleep the first night away from home.  Not sure when that problem started, but it is very annoying.  I used to take benedryl to get to sleep, but I hated that.  This I rilly. rilly like.

Okay, just looked and I don't have the one she has.  I have a time release one and one that says something abut go to sleep fast and stay asleep

45 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

At least she wears a mask...

True, she is wearing a mask...but it's upside down.  The directions on my package state that the folded edges should be aimed down.

Going to take my comment back.  Maybe this brand should have the pleats facing up.  The adjustable nose band on hers seems to be in the right place.

Edited by Sandy W
clarity
  • Useful 1

Anyone with an immune disorder should be cautious using melatonin.  Especially with lupus it can cause flare-ups.  It does help most people with sleep though.

So more of Janelle's kind of half-baked advice.

Edited by Absolom
  • Useful 2
29 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Maybe this brand should have the pleats facing up.  The adjustable nose band on hers seems to be in the right place.

I have seen postings on FB chastising people for wearing masks upside down. But I think there are different brands so go by the nose band.

• Love 4