Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Sandy W said:

True, she is wearing a mask...but it's upside down.  The directions on my package state that the folded edges should be aimed down.

Going to take my comment back.  Maybe this brand should have the pleats facing up.  The adjustable nose band on hers seems to be in the right place.

The mask has gaps on either side. She is morbidly obese, and should not be inside around other people. At all. Not even with double masks. Too much risk in her condition. Snowshoeing would be much better for her.

• Love 5

Some of the comments on this lovely, flattering selfie....

"Your my fave sister wife!"  "Gorgeous, strong woman!"  "I bet Kody comes to your house to escape the crazy!"  "You are a rock for the family!"  "Loved you taking charge last episode!"  "You are so logical!  You don't engage in the pettiness!"

Etc.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
26 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

Blergh.  Who are these people?  What small, sheltered lives they must live to look up to Janelle.

I especially liked the comment "I bet Kody comes to your house to escape the crazy!"  Nope, Kody comes to Janelle's driveway for a combo Savannah birthday greeting and to extend condolences to Janelle on the loss of her mother.  By keeping their encounter outdoors, it lessens the risk of possibly carrying germs back to Robyn's nest.

Also, since Janelle was sitting in her car outside the orthodontists office, dental care should have been on her mind.  Her teeth appear to be long overdue for a cleaning, the discoloration may come from her sipping her way through that 10 pound bag of peppermint tea she has stashed in her cupboard.

• Love 9
33 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I especially liked the comment "I bet Kody comes to your house to escape the crazy!"  Nope, Kody comes to Janelle's driveway for a combo Savannah birthday greeting and to extend condolences to Janelle on the loss of her mother.  By keeping their encounter outdoors, it lessens the risk of possibly carrying germs back to Robyn's nest.

But, that cold sore was passed around the family thousands of time (but not recently).

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, laurakaye said:

Raise your hand if you immediately wondered if she could even lower herself into this tub, and then slapped yourself in the face because you were suddenly imagining Janelle in a bathtub.....(raises hand and questions my life choices)

I was eyeballing the width of the tub and doing mental calculations about water displacement.  I had visions of Janelle calling for help to extricate herself because...slippery when wet.

• LOL 18
2 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I would like to have that tub, heck I like the bathroom. 

The rustic charm is very appealing and would be right up Janelle's alley for home decor.  One thing that always tweaks my OCD when I see these free-standing tubs against a wall is the difficulty cleaning under and behind, the bathroom is subject to a lot of lint from towels and fleecy robes.

Edited by Sandy W
spellink
  • Love 8
On 2/18/2021 at 6:44 PM, Dustbunny said:

for some reason this pic reminded me of Jabba the Hut..

We sometimes clown around with our theater kids and sing a silly song called the Pizza Hut  Song that has fun motions.  It is great for kids who have just been in school all day ( This was pre-COVID, of course).

Any way it has a verse about Jabba the Hutt, and I will always think of Janelle now when we sing it.  Also it mentions a lot of fast food places so that's another reason to associate it with Janelle.   I couldn't find a youtube where they do the section about Jabba the Hut, Darth Vadar, and Luke Skywalker but I did find a site that has the lyrics. 

https://www.scoutsongs.com/lyrics/pizza-hut.html

Here is a youtube with the dance without the Jabba the Hut verse.  You can think of this whenever Janelle mentions stopping at a drive thru for her fast food.  You can thank me later.

Edited by Twopper
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

The rustic charm is very appealing and would be right up Janelle's ally for home decor.  One thing that always tweaks my OCD when I see these free-standing tubs against a wall is the difficulty cleaning under and behind, the bathroom is subject to a lot of lint from towels and fleecy robes.

We didn't have this type of tub when I was growing up, but both sets of grandparents did, and I had one in an apartment for several years.  I hated it in part for that reason.  Also when you are used to a larger tub, they seem pretty cramped.  Plus if I take a bath, I like to shower off afterward.  So no, I don't want one again.

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, Twopper said:

We didn't have this type of tub when I was growing up, but both sets of grandparents did, and I had one in an apartment for several years.  I hated it in part for that reason.  Also when you are used to a larger tub, they seem pretty cramped.  Plus if I take a bath, I like to shower off afterward.  So no, I don't want one again.

We had one when I was a kid and it was my job to lay flat on my tummy and clean underneath as well as retrieve items that had skittered across the floor.  I never felt that I had done a good job cleaning around those claw foot back legs up against the wall.  It wouldn't have been so bad if the tub was totally free-standing and access to all 4 sides was easy but I would nope out on one ever again for those plus your reasons.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Twopper said:

When watching home renovation shows, lots of "designers" want vanities that look like furniture (with legs).  I don't since it is much easier to clean around vanities that go all the way to the floor or are wall-mounted with complete access to clean the floor under them. 

Most clawfoot tubs are tiny, as were humans 100 yrs ago.  And I really hate those with showers ringed by shower curtains that blow inward or outward while you are trying to shower with no space to maneuver.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 5

Growing up I lived in and old Victorian type two story house and upon moving in it had 3 bathrooms two had large claw foot bath tubs and on had a very small one.  I loved the one in my bathroom because i could lay down flat in it.   It was very large.   But even as a child and teen it was hard to get in and out of because it was so tall.  Eventually my dad replaced the two down stairs bathroom and updated them.  I loved having a shower, but missed soaking in the tub.  

• Love 2
6 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Raise your hand if you immediately wondered if she could even lower herself into this tub, and then slapped yourself in the face because you were suddenly imagining Janelle in a bathtub.....(raises hand and questions my life choices)

Unfortunately, yes.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, deirdra said:

What sorts of things, Janelle?

They look like coffee beans to me.  Is she saying that she grinds her beans in preparation for tomorrows coffee?  Defeats the purpose of fresh ground coffee to do it a day ahead.

Then it struck me that Janelle may be having a little fun as a punster.  The objects could also be Brown kissy lips, and didn't Kody say that she was better at kissin' than cookin'.

Edited by Sandy W
  • LOL 2
(edited)
On 2/28/2021 at 5:32 PM, deirdra said:

What sorts of things, Janelle?

Clearly, Janelle is a top-secret jet-setting real estate mogul, with properties in Las Vegas, Flagstaff, Lehi, and perhaps Dubai.  She is always on the go, working those deals and amassing a fortune.  She is never home, she is always tired, and she is constantly traveling.  What else could it be?

And where is she selling those clothes from, her closet?  Or are these her leftovers from Strive With Janelle?  Between this and Christine trying to get rid of Robyn's jool'ry crap, it sounds like these women are clearing out the dark recesses of their closets in an effort to scrape together the rent money.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 16
  • Love 4
54 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Your child should not be your accountability partner for anything, Janelle! She’s a child!

I agree that she shouldn't be an accountability partner.  I think she is in her mid teens by now.

• Love 4

I feel like emotional parentification is never a good idea. It's bad enough those kids have to parent themselves and each other, but it's beyond the pale that they need to parent their parents, too. 

• Love 10

I still can't believe that people hand over their hard earned money for advice from Janelle....If she can't even motivate herself and she looks fatter than ever what do they think she can teach them?

I just watched an episode from last season with Janelle and my god she's HUGE!.....She really needs to take the bull by the horns and do something before she drops dead from all that fat around her middle.

• Love 13

I used to occasionally work out with my daughter when we both belonged to a gym and while it was motivating, I would never call her my accountability partner.  That suggests that she's the one who guilted me into joining her to go to the gym.  But I don't doubt that Savannah knows how unhealthy her mom is and possibly has to cajole her to get up off the pleather couch and go with her walk the treadmill for awhile.  Then she probably has to steer her mother away from the drive-thru on the way home.  Given that all of Janelle's kids are pretty fit I'm sure they all worry about her health, especially since they have an absentee dad who certainly wouldn't step in if anything happened to their mom. 

• Love 13

Those kits are great except for the horrible amount of plastic packaging they come with. I guess if it keeps you from eating fast food, which has an even worse carbon footprint, it can't be all bad. But poor Janelle's mind would be blown if she discovered how easy it is to make a tasty, low-cal vinaigrette by hand.

• Love 10

kind of a waste of money if she's not using the dressing! You can buy kale salad mixes that are just the veggies and add your own dressing and toppings.  The nutrition info on the bag factors in the dressing...but I don't think she even tracks her food anyway so no biggie. I already assumed that what she shows on her SM is only what she wants her public to see. 

• Love 8

OK, she doesn't say "Savanah and ME."  Janelle, just imagine leaving out Savanah's name, and would you say "staple for I at lunch?"  Of course not.  One of my pet peeves, and I'm not a grammar expert by any means.

The packaged dressing that comes with these salad mixes is often way too high in calories and fat.  Half is probably too much, too.  Make your own dressing, J.  While you're at it, tear the salad greens yourself.  It's not hard.

• Love 14
8 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

OK, she doesn't say "Savanah and ME."  Janelle, just imagine leaving out Savanah's name, and would you say "staple for I at lunch?"  Of course not.  One of my pet peeves, and I'm not a grammar expert by any means.

The packaged dressing that comes with these salad mixes is often way too high in calories and fat.  Half is probably too much, too.  Make your own dressing, J.  While you're at it, tear the salad greens yourself.  It's not hard.

This drives me NUTS! It's such an easy fix too. Just take out "[Name] and" and you have your answer! If it doesn't make sense that way it doesn't make sense with the other person. It's like they learned "[Name] and I" was the polite, classy way to say things and just didn't bother to learn the actual fucking only language they can claim to know.

• Love 12
(edited)

How much wilted salad does she throw out before each package is empty?  It takes less than a minute to rip up only as many romaine leaves as I need (leaving the rest on the head), sliver some red cabbage right off the head, add some other stuff all into my OXO salad spinner. Wash & spin in one, dump in a bowl and add chicken.  I roast whole chickens or breasts or thighs (or meat or fish) in advance, slice or dice the leftovers and store in individual servings that I pull out for lunch or dinner.  I sometimes buy jarred dressings with good quality ingredients that I portion out, storing the rest in the fridge.  Not packets of crap made with cheap ingredients & preservatives. I've been doing this for 40 yrs. When I was working, I put the dressing in with the frozen chicken & it defrosted by lunch time ready to be dumped into my container of greens.  At home in winter I do a hot meal version - frozen mixed vegs + frozen poultry/meat/fish leftovers + some butter or dressing & nuke 'til warmed through. When alone, I cook & eat it from a large Pyrex measuring cup. Quick, healthy & with minimal cleanup.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
50 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

This was my EXACT thought. (Former English teacher.) 

Those coffee beans on the sign she bought look like beetles, as seen from above. Maybe it's just the fuzziness of the photo.

• Love 6