Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

OMG! Sweet potato with oil in a toaster, she's lucky she didn't start a fire. Not to mention...sweet potato, banana honey and nuts...in what universe??? Elvis are you out there somewhere in Flagstaff?? Please teach this woman it is a peanut butter, banana and bacon sandwich!

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

OMG! Sweet potato with oil in a toaster, she's lucky she didn't start a fire. Not to mention...sweet potato, banana honey and nuts...in what universe??? Elvis are you out there somewhere in Flagstaff?? Please teach this woman it is a peanut butter, banana and bacon sandwich!

Peanut butter and bacon would at least add some protein to this carboholic's 400-calorie "snack" of sugar on top of fruit sugar on top of starch.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Elodia said:

Seriously? She is too busy (lazy) to turn on the dishwasher?? I'm not even surprised. Wow.

She must never have taught Savannah or Gabe, either.  Maybe Janelle should find an accountability partner.  Instead, she'll just start eating off of paper napkins and paper towels, then newspapers.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

Strive with Janelle's mission statement is, "Give my clients the wellness education, tools and resources that they need to feel happy, healthy, and capable of managing life’s pressures." 

Yet Janelle the coach can't even empty the sink or load the dishwasher, because she's had "one of those weeks" for the last 520 consecutive weeks or so.  And, neither of those activities is a life pressure.  I guess she'll cope by going through a drive-through or two for dinner.  Some may even offer sweet potato French fries.  Then, she'll veg out for the weekend by watching television.

• Love 10

I don't believe Janelle is as zen about everything in her life as she claims to be. A few seasons back, she said she stress eats. My opinion is that her escape from her dismal reality is food. She's stuffing her feelings. And getting a sugar high. When the sugar wears off, she's tired, depressed. (Been there!) Anger or fear can cause sugar levels to spike and plummet. I feel bad for her. 

• Love 10

"I'm pretty sure I didn't think I'd ever be making a post like this..."

Puh-leeze.  The classic MLM grifter opening line.  You all shill this useless crap so don't go thinking we don't notice.

• Love 22
6 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

"I'm pretty sure I didn't think I'd ever be making a post like this..."

Puh-leeze.  The classic MLM grifter opening line.  You all shill this useless crap so don't go thinking we don't notice.

Maybe she's Maddie's downline.  I wonder what her Jelly Belly professors think or how much they taught her about this.  Granted, it's been a while since she's discovered another rock-star ingredient.

She posted this within 2 days of her sweet potato, honey and banana recipe, yet she's broken her lifelong sugar addiction.  Perhaps the most disturbing part of her post is that her infant granddaughter and toddler grandson have had persistent GI problems and are being fed this junk.  In fact, both their mother and father also must have some condition and nobody in that family has been diagnosed by a licensed medical professional.  

P.S.: Janelle left out her two usual disclaimers, "Google it," and "I'm not a doctor, but maybe you should ask one, too."

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
2 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

This is alarming that she is advocating self-diagnosis and treatment of gastrointestinal issues to children, when this product has been banned in at least 2 countries.

And I'd bet dollars to donuts they are not telling the kid's doctors they are using it.

• Love 10
15 minutes ago, CocoPuffs said:

But with all those kids plus Janelle‘a, it’s not fair to compare her shower to, say, Meri’s. 

Why can't all of the showers/tubs be clean?  None of the offspring outside of the mansion are toddlers.  They can certainly be held to task to clean up after themselves.  We certainly had to do that as kids.  Take a bath/shower - scrub the tub after you are done.  It's not that big of a chore.

• Love 10

To add to my earlier post about sugar. I was told at a Whole Foods Store to drink vinegar and water..and some other suggestions...bottom line, too much sugar creates mold. That's googlable! 

Mold is a killer. Ok! I'm done.

Well...sugar creates mold if you spill it on your counter tops and don't clean it up but no it doesn't give you mold in your body. If you had mold inside your body you have an immune deficiency caused by a variety of issues or a long term central venous access, AND you would be deathly ill. 

Whole Foods and Dr. Google are not good sources of info.

And Plexus is bullshit. MLM in Mormon and AUB people strikes again.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Art Of Noiz said:

I was told at a Whole Foods Store to drink vinegar and water..and some other suggestions...bottom line, too much sugar creates mold.

Um. well, no.  Not sure what kind of medical education the Whole Foods person might have had but it's probably on par with Janelle's training to lead her "fitness" gig.

The caustic gastric juices (hydrochloric acid) in the stomach kills pathogens of all types.  Show me a peer-reviewed article from a credible medical source (Mayo Clinic, Johns Hopkins, JAMA, etc.) about sugar causing mold internally and we'll talk.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
42 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

Um. well, no.  Not sure what kind of medical education the Whole Foods person might have had but it's probably on par with Janelle's training to lead her "fitness" gig.

The caustic gastric juices (hydrochloric acid) in the stomach kills pathogens of all types.  Show me a peer-reviewed article from a credible medical source (Mayo Clinic, Johns Hopkins, JAMA, etc.) about sugar causing mold internally and we'll talk.

https://www.pnas.org/content/116/1/233

Just now, Art Of Noiz said:

I skipped a few steps. Had I been in court, I would have phrased it differently. Inhibits good gut bacteria , which can...

It's not too long a read. 

Janelle has sunk to a new low in promoting this toxic dreck to pregnant moms. Just disgusting. Shame on Janelle!

ETA, while I wouldn't drink vinegar and water, some people do swear by a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar. Just like others swear by a daily small amount of cod liver oil or raw honey. I am not recommending any of these; however, any of them would be preferable to plexus.

Edited by Teafortwo
  • Love 11
On 3/11/2021 at 5:01 PM, ginger90 said:

549DD0A5-80EF-4A1F-A268-26162C0BA410.jpeg

4D9AC579-18C8-4F4C-ABAF-EDB3CEF72FE0.jpeg

So she can’t be bothered to wash a plate?!? What does she do all day? 

I get it if she’s super busy, but IS she? I mean, I work outside the home, work out an hour before work every day, go to physical therapy, prepare meals, do chores and somehow, I manage to have at least ONE clean plate. 

And she couldn’t be bothered to just get out the toaster oven? I have an air fryer and have to get it out and put it away every time we use it due to space issues. It’s not that hard! 

If she’s going to go through the trouble to self-promote, at least put forth some effort. Janelle continues to suck at her side-hustle and is lazy and uninspiring. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 11

The Apple doesn't fall far from the tree does it? 

Janelle is NOT smarter than the average Brown. She's right in the drek with the rest of them. 

I wonder what Logan or Hunter would say about that recommend from Janelle re drinking that shit when pregnant? 

ETA - this should be posted at the antiMLM subreddit IMO. 

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

Janelle has sunk to a new low in promoting this toxic dreck to pregnant moms. Just disgusting. Shame on Janelle!

ETA, while I wouldn't drink vinegar and water, some people do swear by a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar. Just like others swear by a daily small amount of cod liver oil or raw honey. I am not recommending any of these; however, any of them would be preferable to plexus.

I actually drink apple cider vinegar almost every day.  I often get a sick feeling or a bloated feeling because I have horrible eating habits right now due to stress and apple cider vinegar makes me feel better almost immediately.  I don't know if this is a placebo affect or real change, but it really helps me.  It's also good for GERD which I have.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, JenMcSnark said:

I actually drink apple cider vinegar almost every day.  I often get a sick feeling or a bloated feeling because I have horrible eating habits right now due to stress and apple cider vinegar makes me feel better almost immediately.  I don't know if this is a placebo affect or real change, but it really helps me.  It's also good for GERD which I have.  

I love those eensy teensy apples. When I have those I'll eat one twice a day, and feel better. When I dont have them, I'll do a little vinegar. 

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Art Of Noiz said:

I skipped a few steps. Had I been in court, I would have phrased it differently. Inhibits good gut bacteria , which can...

Yeah, bacteria isn't mold.  And this was an experiment on mice but whatever floats your boat, I guess.  If you believe things like apple cider vinegar help, then they do.

Plexus is poison and people that feed it to their kids are horrible.

• Love 12

Picture from  a video where she says, yes it’s me sending a friend request. This is regarding her Plexus post. She tells people not to be alarmed that it’s coming from her Janelle Brown Facebook page, it is her, and they have to be friends on Facebook for her to send info. 🤦‍♀️ She very rarely makes “eye contact”, which makes her look shady, IMO.

6A152F37-FE68-434E-A9BC-088C101DCC0C.jpeg

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3

I can't stand Janelle, but I almost felt sorry for her last night when I was watching a show from a much earlier season.  Actually, I watched about 3 so I may have conflated them.   In one couch interview that I think was just Kody and Janelle he was talking about how they bonded over their careers.    In another one he referred to her as a buddy.   As she has said something similar before, I thought she considered it a compliment.  The camera lingered for a split second on her, and she actually seemed hurt.

8 hours ago, Cetacean said:

Yeah, bacteria isn't mold.  And this was an experiment on mice but whatever floats your boat, I guess.  If you believe things like apple cider vinegar help, then they do.

Plexus is poison and people that feed it to their kids are horrible.

I agree about Plexus. 

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Art Of Noiz said:

I agree about Plexus. 

Plexus is banned in Canada.  I don't think the FDA in the US bothers to do lab analyses of stuff like Plexus or LIV products until they kill several people, but does tell companies to remove certain health claims from their labels. 

• Love 12
9 hours ago, Twopper said:

I can't stand Janelle, but I almost felt sorry for her last night when I was watching a show from a much earlier season.  Actually, I watched about 3 so I may have conflated them.   In one couch interview that I think was just Kody and Janelle he was talking about how they bonded over their careers.    In another one he referred to her as a buddy.   As she has said something similar before, I thought she considered it a compliment.  The camera lingered for a split second on her, and she actually seemed hurt.

9 hours ago, Chicklet said:

I mean who doesn't want their spouse referring them to as a buddy? She has eyes and sees how Kody treats Robyn preferentially. 

I remember a saying in university...

Friends are Friends and Pals are Pals, but Buddies sleep together !!

• LOL 6

Ok so I have this theory about Janelle, and you will probably, most likely, call me crazy.

I think Janelle was never sexually interested in Kulty. I think Janelle got married to him for one reason- Meri.

Yeah, you read that right. I think Janelle was interested in Meri, not Kulty.

Let me explain.

Janelle married Meri's brother, which was her first connection to Meri- and she managed to get very close to Kulty and Meri over the next years, got invited to their wedding, hang out with them, and interestingly, as soon as the spot for 2nd wife opened, Janelle easily divorced Meri's brother, who she only cared for because he was MERI'S brother, and married Kulty- to be even closer to Meri.

Now, I do not know much about plyg life, what I do know is that a woman interested in becoming a wife always approaches the eastablished wife, which means Janelle went to Meri to ask permission to join the family.

Here is where it gets interesting: WHY did Meri say yes to Janelle to join right after she divorced HER OWN BROTHER? 

Any halfway sane sister would have said hell no, after you dumped my brother, I am not gonna let you come close to me or my husband.

But Meri agreed.

Now, did she agree because she had thought (hoped) maybe Janelle will dump Kulty, too, and then she looks like the victim who wanted to live pural marriage, but Janelle left boo hoo...too bad, now I am the only wife again (yay) or, did she agree because she...also was attracted to her in some way? 

There is a very thin line between love and hate, and I always found their dynamic quite...disturbing, putting it nicely.

Janelle did what was expected of her- getting married, having children, but I feel like there is a different reason for her emotional eating- she does not care for Kulty, is never jealous, she was the only one pushing Plyg Mansion, she tells her kids it is best for Kulty to stay away due to Covid...all her striving and thriving, not losing a pound, there are feelings, emotions she is trying to beat down, maybe she eats because she hates herself, she WANTS to hide behind all the fat, she hates the feelings she is having, hates herself for not being able to love her husband (or, any man).

I think Janelle is gay and too afraid to admit it.

Meri- I am getting a strange vibe from her too, the catfish who turned out to be a woman, her over the top reaction to Mariah coming out- I would not go as far as saying Meri is a lesbian, but maybe she is bi. 

The only one who could help solving this is, of course, Meri's brother- who is another strange part in this mess. Why did he agree to the divorce? Do they interact at family gatherings? How was their marriage, anyways? 

Another point, Janelle did not get pregnant from Meri's bro- but as soon as she joined the Brown Clown Drown, she got pregnant and had Logan. A way to secure her place? To make sure Kulty would not get rid of her?

I said what I said. 

• Useful 4
10 hours ago, deirdra said:

I she doing seances to get advice from her mom?  Google would be faster.

Interesting take on it.  I thought the "mom" on the cup was supposed to be Janelle, and she had bought the cup because it is something she wanted, but she  didn't think her kids would see it and buy it for her.

9 hours ago, Coldplay said:

there are feelings, emotions she is trying to beat down, maybe she eats because she hates herself, she WANTS to hide behind all the fat,

I have been watching the first few seasons, and there are constant references by Janelle to the family's financial situation, and she also seems to have the responsibility of allocating funds so I think that is a major part of her stress eating.  And she stress eats because she isn't sure there will be another season to help pay their huge expenses.

Janelle didn't grow up poly;  she and her mom both converted from being regular Mormons, and I have zero respect for Janelle's decision to marry Kody.  There was a segment on one of the older shows where Kody talks about Logan, his first born.   Janelle produced the first of his children so I am sure that made Meri jealous.  And at some point Janelle left the family. 

It is so easy in retrospect to see all the jealousy bubbling up.   I heard it in the original shows but it didn't register as much with me until this season with Christine's talking heads.  I am surprised she lasted as long as she did considering all the jealousy she had for Robyn.  I am sure kody was besotted with Robyn in the earlier years, but he probably also sensed the jealousy from all the other wives so he treated her the best to make up for it which made everyone more jealous so he treated her better and it was a vicious circle. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Twopper said:

Janelle didn't grow up poly;  she and her mom both converted from being regular Mormons,

I've been watching the older seasons. Completed S2 yesterday. As a result of going public, the powers are looking into them for bigamy and the fear over takes them. One episode, they escape to Wyoming. I had forgotten that Janelle's mother, a nurse, turned plyg with Kody's parents. So we have Janelle married to Meri's brother, ditched the brother for Meri's husband, and Janelle's mom joining Kody's parents. Interestingly weird.

Edited by itsadryheat
  • Love 3
On 3/11/2021 at 7:35 PM, Cetacean said:

No way in hell I'd put a potato in my toaster!

Didn't you know??  Toasted sweet potatoes are the newest rockstar!  Next up - aluminum foil makes a great dish cover for your microwave!

On 3/11/2021 at 10:13 PM, itsadryheat said:

"every plate I own is in the dishwasher or the sink"

There has to be a term for this kind of weird thing Janelle always does - apologizing for something that no one would even notice had she not pointed it out.  It's like she's preparing for an onslaught of negative comments when she could somewhat mitigate them by just crafting a decent photo....like saying "every plate I own is in the dishwasher" or "I know my pictures are hung crookedly" or "never mind that my exercise bike is located INSIDE of my Christmas tree."  It's as if she's trying to pre-emptively silence her detractors but she's still insists on posting horrible photos.  Her asparagus photo, for example - I love roasting asparagus in the oven but you have to have a light hand with the olive oil or it turns into a soppy mess instead of a crispy texture.  Also you need to space out the stalks or you end up with a few raw, impossible to chew pieces.  If she really wanted positive comments, she could have posted an appetizing photo instead of asparagus thrown haphazardly on the pan and drowningk in oil.

Hang on - I think I just thought of the term - "LAZY AS F***."  I fill better now.

EDIT: I sincerely hope that photo of the piece of dark crap next to that ear candle isn't wax or I am going to run away from my monitor screaming.......

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1