Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I just read on instagram that Janelle's mother died a week ago ❤

A week ago would coincide with Savanah's birthday of Dec. 7.  How convenient for Kody to be able to extend socially distanced condolences to Janelle and birthday congratulations to Savanah with one curbside visit.

Nice to see you back Joan, you've been missed. 🙌

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Sandy W said:

A week ago would coincide with Savanah's birthday of Dec. 7.  How convenient for Kody to be able to extend socially distanced condolences to Janelle and birthday congratulations to Savanah with one curbside visit.

Nice to see you back Joan, you've been missed. 🙌

Awwww thanks Sandy ❤

Janelle said something like miracles happened that allowed her to go.. What miracles?..did kody leave Robyn's side long enough for Janelle to travel to her mother?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

It's the smaller yams I prefer as a single person. I used to get em at trader Joe's.

I can usually find a few small ones where ever I find myself shopping.  But, when I can't, one potato is split between two people.  While they are healthy, 1 cup has 27 carbs.  Plus I always put butter on mine.  They are sweet enough that I leave off the brown sugar.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I've been watching old silent movies lately and one showed people skating on a frozen pond and a vendor was selling baked sweet potatoes as a sweet treat to warm them up. I remembered my grandmother talking about hot chestnuts and sweet potatoes being the "fast foods" of the WWI years.

• Useful 3
  • Love 13
On 12/18/2020 at 5:12 AM, ginger90 said:

2265F78A-E81A-4592-A340-87DF2317ED8E.jpeg

On 12/18/2020 at 7:46 AM, Absolom said:

She doesn't get out much does she?  

Very large yams would only require me to be halfway particular which store I chose.

On 12/18/2020 at 7:53 AM, DakotaJustice said:

It's the smaller yams I prefer as a single person. I used to get em at trader Joe's.

Funny food fact! We do not grow or consume yams in the US. What we have in the US are sweet potatoes, not yams. Sweet potatoes resembled the African yam, so when enslaved people took to sweet potatoes, they called them by the name of the other veggie from home. There are a half-dozen or so similar tubers around the world, and they all get called "yam" at one time or another! 

Tl;dr The US has mislabeled sweet potatoes for generations, but we actually have no such thing as yams cultivated or commonly eaten here. 

• Useful 8
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

So many pets wind up at a shelter when their elderly owner dies because family members don't want them.

As much as she drives me nuts I have to praise her this time. ❤

Gabe's dog is black, so they must have 3 now.

• Love 4
On 12/18/2020 at 6:50 PM, deirdra said:

I've been watching old silent movies lately and one showed people skating on a frozen pond and a vendor was selling baked sweet potatoes as a sweet treat to warm them up. I remembered my grandmother talking about hot chestnuts and sweet potatoes being the "fast foods" of the WWI years.

This reminds me of a scene in “the man who came to dinner” with Bette Davis.  I just love classic film ♥️

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Stefphill said:

This reminds me of a scene in “the man who came to dinner” with Bette Davis.  I just love classic film ♥️

And the skating theme in The Bishop's Wife - the black and white version.  A yearly must watch for me at the start of the Christmas season.

• Love 1

Frankly I find Janelle’s posts so depressing. How many years has she been doing this and it’s still so hard for her? I swear her exercise posts are a paragraph about how hard it is and all of her excuses, and end with one sentence about being glad she exercised even though it was so hard. Completely uninspiring.

• Love 21

Janelle was planning to start another Strive with Janelle Accountability Challenge immediately after the New Year.  That post should scare away anyone waiting to join.  She needed to conclude with her affirmation that she's the buddy or mentor you need - if you pay to join the challenge.  Or, she should have begged for people to pay to support her and hold her accountable.  Instead, she just complained about how much effort it takes her to move.

I think that she wants to equate "staying in my yoga pants and chill at home" to a low-impact workout (which would involve her staring at the exercise bike under the tree and eating fruitcake).

By the way, she hasn't blogged on her website since 2018. 

• Love 6

I have been re-reading Janelle's thread for laughs....I am reading around page 90 now and it's filled with her Strive posts, our snarking on them, and @Mahamid Frauded Me's excellent responses (Strife With Janelle, the best parodies ever).  It's jarring to realize that not only is she still writing these pathetic posts, but she literally has not changed ONE IOTA since she began Strive.  I had to read this newest one twice because it could've been written in 2018, or 2019...don't wanna go, don't wanna exercise, a million reasons not to, I hate everything, etc.  Nothing has changed at all with her.  It's way past time to give it up, Janelle.  It's over, you lost, McDonald's won.

• LOL 2
  • Love 15

She is exhausting isn't she. She has been babbling this crap for years and we are not seeing results of any weight loss. Why anyone in their right mind would pay to join her accountability program when she can't even account for herself. Its clear she has no motivation and no self control over food.  Stay in your yoga pants Janelle and STFU 

• Love 16
12 minutes ago, Just Wondering said:

I wonder if Janelle ever longs for a polygamy themed Hallmark movie where the male lead gets to woo one woman after another.  

And wouldn’t a regular Hallmark movie be more like a horror flick, since the male lead is chaining himself to just one woman for all eternity?  

• LOL 11
6 hours ago, Just Wondering said:

And wouldn’t a regular Hallmark movie be more like a horror flick, since the male lead is chaining himself to just one woman for all eternity?  

One particularly romantic polygamy themed plot could be a Brigham Young type character meeting 55 New York ad executives who are searching for Christmas meaning in a small northern town.  That’s 55 carriage rides, 55 gingerbread house decorating evenings,  55 accidental mistletoe kisses, and 55 Christmas tree lightings!  

Edited by Just Wondering
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1
On 12/30/2020 at 5:19 PM, MargeGunderson said:

Frankly I find Janelle’s posts so depressing. How many years has she been doing this and it’s still so hard for her? I swear her exercise posts are a paragraph about how hard it is and all of her excuses, and end with one sentence about being glad she exercised even though it was so hard. Completely uninspiring.

Her other favorite thing to say is how she was going to hike her nearby path but at the last minute she decided to hike a tougher path and how she felt a little naughty and like she had a wicked secret.  🙄😂

She drags that one out and parades it around at least 2 or 3 times a year.

• LOL 11
  • Love 2

Janelle did a video, screenshot is below.

Basically she said she spent last week on the couch, and not all of the kids came home for the holiday. (I don’t think any that had moved away would consider Flagstaff home, but what do I know.) She said she spent time on the couch and doing puzzles. And, her new accountability group starts on the 18th. 
She’s also starting a new website, and acknowledged she didn’t keep up with her other one. She will be working with a coach on content.

D4FEFF94-6DE3-4E54-8599-0FC7C0C56FE6.jpeg

• LOL 5

So I watched this on the Strive with Janelle FB group. She seems seriously depressed. Understandable, as she just lost her mother. She also seems to have another growth, this time on her cheek. Hope someone points this out to her... since we know Kody doesn't get close enough or pay enough attention to notice.

Her makeup, and the closeup camera angle, were both fairly unbearable.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Janelle did a video, screenshot is below.

Basically she said she spent last week on the couch, and not all of the kids came home for the holiday. (I don’t think any that had moved away would consider Flagstaff home, but what do I know.) She said she spent time on the couch and doing puzzles. And, her new accountability group starts on the 18th. 
She’s also starting a new website, and acknowledged she didn’t keep up with her other one. She will be working with a coach on content.

Call me when you've done as much as I did last year, Janelle.  I lost to below my goal weight and have maintained that a few months now.  I increased my walking distance by around 300%.  In late December I started a new exercise program to add to the stretching and possibly replace the weights I was doing.  My shoulder seems to no longer want to allow me to do much with weights.  Janelle would quit or use it as an excuse.  Maybe it is depression for her.  

• Love 11
On 1/1/2021 at 10:20 AM, Just Wondering said:

And he won't get his own planet either!

Janelle's pancake makeup looks 10 or more years old and like it was discarded by someone with a darker skin tone.  And don't get me started on the eye "shadow" 

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Absolom said:

Call me when you've done as much as I did last year, Janelle.  I lost to below my goal weight and have maintained that a few months now.  I increased my walking distance by around 300%.  In late December I started a new exercise program to add to the stretching and possibly replace the weights I was doing.  My shoulder seems to no longer want to allow me to do much with weights.  Janelle would quit or use it as an excuse.  Maybe it is depression for her.  

Well I bet she has all of us bested on Couch Surfing. 🏄

Also am I the only one bugged by her hands all over her face? 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Kbo said:

I can’t imagine not being depressed in her situation. What a seriously miserable way to live. 

She is closing in on an empty nest, when she and her SO could be looking forward to "us time" like it was before the kids came along. But nooo.

Polygamy robs women in every stage of life. And the brainwashing either blinds them to it or depresses those who realize it.

Stay and be miserable or walk away and lose eternal salvation. Janelle gets on my nerves but I loathe Kody (and Joseph Smith) with the heat of a thousand suns.  

• Love 19
6 hours ago, suomi said:

She is closing in on an empty nest, when she and her SO could be looking forward to "us time" like it was before the kids came along. But nooo.

Polygamy robs women in every stage of life. And the brainwashing either blinds them to it or depresses those who realize it.

Stay and be miserable or walk away and lose eternal salvation. Janelle gets on my nerves but I loathe Kody (and Joseph Smith) with the heat of a thousand suns.  

I love this post for so many reasons.

First, the pain of an empty nest is very real.  Ironically, the only other sister wife that could understand what Janelle is about to go through is Meri, who - as we know - cannot even ride in a car with Janelle.  Or sit on the same therapist couch.  Etc.  And now that Janelle has lost her mom, I don't doubt for a moment that her depression has greatly intensified.  You'd think these stupid people would check on each other, or help each other through these life moments that are hard and challenging, but I also don't think for one second that not only will Meri not care, neither will Kody - the person who is supposed to be going through it with her.   

"Polygamy robs women in every stage of life."  I had to stop and think about it but this is spot-on truth.  Newlywed Meri only got a little bit of time with her man before he took another wife.  Subsequent wives had to share him.  Child-bearing wives had to deal with babies mostly on their own.  Wives with teens had to discipline, largely solo.  Empty nesters who might use this time to reconnect with their spouse won't have that luxury because Kody's going to spend most of his time with his legal wife.  It sucks on every single level.  How does this make each of them better?

Do we think that Janelle, Meri and Christine are staying because of their faith?  I waver on that.  They made a big show of their faith in the early seasons, but I think that's gone by the wayside in pursuit of Kody's new faiths - money and notoriety, and the rest jumped on board. 

• Love 14
58 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Do we think that Janelle, Meri and Christine are staying because of their faith? 

Imo Janelle will stay due to inertia - show or no show. Christine is sort of a wild card, having been the most religious. But her mom left so I dunno. She'll always have a relationship with Janelle's  kids though.

I think once the show ends Meri will leave. Robyn is the next likeliest to leave,  but only if she gets to keep her mansion, so she can sell it and move back to Utah.

• Love 6
18 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

So I watched this on the Strive with Janelle FB group. She seems seriously depressed. Understandable, as she just lost her mother. She also seems to have another growth, this time on her cheek. Hope someone points this out to her... since we know Kody doesn't get close enough or pay enough attention to notice.

I believe Janelle has been depressed from day 1. Her love of the "living breathing unit that is the family" is a fabulous way to deflect depression.  There is always something going on with other wives, the husband's schedule, work schedule, constant birthdays and bills to organize.  You get little down time to even think deeply about yourself.  Her apparent cluelessness about her own emotions and seeming to be so deep thinking and "chill" is a survival mechanism to only keep everything at the surface.  Deny those emotions...yet she still called herself an "emotional eater".  Because you can't keep them at bay forever.

Having a slower schedule, fewer needs from her children, no family nearby and having to think ahead of time to "schedule" any time with the family has put her in this state of constantly needing to talk herself into doing the smallest tasks. Everyday things become a great mountain that is impossible to even think about, let alone do. Then the death of her mother, who I have always believed is her biggest "rock" that she can turn to and bam. You can't really function in the same way that you used to, even if your past function was dysfunctional to begin with.

Source...I have personally battled depression in many forms my entire life. Coupled with C-PTSD and PTSD as an adult and a long journey of self healing.  I recognize WAY too much with Janelle.

...ps. I see a lot of depression/anxiety behavior in Christine as well.

• Useful 3
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

$45.00

90D62B92-F749-4F43-A1B9-9F541989C3D5.jpeg

33EF7D1A-1EEC-4B31-B9E4-EDAC7C57BA8B.jpeg

This blurb is far too lively and upbeat to have been written by Janelle, unless...she may have spiked her peppermint tea with some Red Bull.

The same dehydrated peas and carrots they used to try to get this program going last year.  They haven't improved with age.

• LOL 6

It sounds nothing like Janelle.  Tricia Wingard must have written her own version, Janelle googled it and just copied, pasted and substituted "Tricia Wingard and I" for "Janelle Brown and I"

• Useful 1
  • Love 5