Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

There has to be a term for this kind of weird thing Janelle always does - apologizing for something that no one would even notice had she not pointed it out.  It's like she's preparing for an onslaught of negative comments when she could somewhat mitigate them by just crafting a decent photo....like saying "every plate I own is in the dishwasher"

Having a dishwasher and sink full of dishes and an exercise bike covered in laundry or Christmas trees is depressing.  Waking up every morning to so many chores can overwhelm a person into inaction.  Her kids are all old enough to drive, so why aren't they putting their own dishes in the dishwasher? and the last person to fill it turns it on.  It is great to wake up in the morning to a clean kitchen. The way to accomplish it is to not go to bed without cleaning up first.  It takes only a minute or two and you don't need to be wide awake to do it.

• Love 10

When our dishwasher has been run and someone opens it, you hear a distinct "click" of the lock releasing.  My kids were taught that if they opened the dishwasher and heard that click?  They do NOT sneak their dirty dishes amongst the clean ones and pretend they didn't know that the dishwasher needed to be unloaded.  They do NOT slink away on silent cat feet and pretend that they didn't hear the "click."  I eventually trained my husband on this as well but it took some time.  It's the little victories, you guys.  Damned if I am going to unload a dishwasher full of everyone else's dishes every single day.

With that rant over, it comes as absolutely no surprise that Janelle would typically feel too exhausted to run and unload a dishwasher, what with her jet-setting lifestyle and constant "business" meetings and driving all over town looking for the newest Krispy Kreme franchise.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
On 3/13/2021 at 1:59 PM, TurtlePower said:

So she can’t be bothered to wash a plate?!? What does she do all day? 

I get it if she’s super busy, but IS she? I mean, I work outside the home, work out an hour before work every day, go to physical therapy, prepare meals, do chores and somehow, I manage to have at least ONE clean plate. 

And she couldn’t be bothered to just get out the toaster oven? I have an air fryer and have to get it out and put it away every time we use it due to space issues. It’s not that hard! 

If she’s going to go through the trouble to self-promote, at least put forth some effort. Janelle continues to suck at her side-hustle and is lazy and uninspiring. 

And she had to cook it in the toaster at the maximum setting 2-3 TIMES to get it done.

Seems it would have taken less time to just push aside some shit on the counter and plug in the toaster oven to do it right.

No wonder Christine fears toasters.  She's probably seen Janelle doing shit like this with hers.  😳😂

17 hours ago, JenMcSnark said:

This from the woman who ALWAYS tells people (her children included, I'm sure) to "google" it.  

Isn't her mom dead?  

Maybe she has an "in" with Theresa Caputo.  

These fucking women 😂

Edited by Persnickety1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1

ear candling sounds scammy, disgusting, and dangerous. 

Why not either buy some ear wax remover and a syringe or better yet, go to the freakin' doctor and have him/her examine/flush out the ears? God forbid there might actually be something medically wrong. But oh I forgot we're talking about Janelle who let a mole grow into a mcNugget on her lip. 

ETA - if you can't trust webMD...well. it was the 4th result in a Google search. Janelle could find out how it doesn't work in a very few minutes. Btw that stuff on the plate is NOT earwax.

https://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/ear-infection/what-is-ear-candling#1

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 13
4 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

ear candling sounds scammy, disgusting, and dangerous. 

Why not either buy some ear wax remover and a syringe or better yet, go to the freakin' doctor and have him/her examine/flush out the ears? God forbid there might actually be something medically wrong. But oh I forgot we're talking about Janelle who let a mole grow into a mcNugget on her lip. 

ETA - if you can't trust webMD...well. it was the 4th result in a Google search. Janelle could find out how it doesn't work in a very few minutes. Btw that stuff on the plate is NOT earwax.

https://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/ear-infection/what-is-ear-candling#1

The only person I know who ear-candled her kids is an anti-vaxxer, covid downplayer (with a lack of compassion for her husband's concerns for her and their children). Not saying Janelle is these things, but I agree that it's gross.

• Love 3

I feel so sorry for Savanah. She seems such a lovely, shy young girl and I always feel she is one of the forgotten childs. I was watching a few reruns lately and she was a lively girl, longing for a hug or a cuddle from Kody. And now she's living far apart from her siblings. It makes me sad to see she seems to only have contact with her mom and her brother Gabe. She is a teenager, she should be out and about with friends

• Love 17

Janelle, just shut up.  You only want to "try" because you know Savannah hates it and likely won't go again.  

I wish Christine would pick up Savannah and let her hang out with her sisters in a home where there seems to be good food and laughter.  Better that then being stuck in a dreary home where the color scheme is brown on brown, and her mother is either sleeping in her easy chair or wandering around looking for the energy to post something useless to Strive.

• Love 19
13 hours ago, Elodia said:

I feel so sorry for Savanah. She seems such a lovely, shy young girl and I always feel she is one of the forgotten childs. I was watching a few reruns lately and she was a lively girl, longing for a hug or a cuddle from Kody. And now she's living far apart from her siblings. It makes me sad to see she seems to only have contact with her mom and her brother Gabe. She is a teenager, she should be out and about with friends

I have wondered about the sudden difference in her. When he took girls to CA, she was spunky. But since then, she says very little, especially in the couch convos. 

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, Art Of Noiz said:

I have wondered about the sudden difference in her. When he took girls to CA, she was spunky. But since then, she says very little, especially in the couch convos. 

Janelle told Gabe that living in LV, Savanah tended to stay indoors because of the heat.  Her age is sandwiched between AuroraBreanna, and I wondered why a relationship between the 3 of them didn't develop.  Even given the heat of LV summers, there must have been lots of indoor activities the 3 of them could have engaged in. 

Now that they are all spread out in Flagstaff, she may be shy about bringing friends from school home as there may be prying questions about why her Dad isn't around much.  There probably aren't a lot of polygamous families in Flagstaff and she may be reluctant for their family situation to be revealed.  

To top it off, Janelle wouldn't be the most stimulating of parents, unlike Christine, who may be somewhat off the wall, I'm sure there is never a dull moment in her house.  Maybe a return to Utah living in a community where polygamy isn't uncommon, would be the best thing for Savanah.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

Perhaps Savannah can graduate early and go to university out of town, make friends & have a career she enjoys.

One can only hope

I hope, also, that she's not depressed like her mother. She really doesn't have anyone close among her siblings. Gabe seemed to have disdain for her when he and Janelle were arguing about the move. AuroraBreanna have each other, Gwen and Ysabel do too, and Truely has her "fun" mom as a pal.

• Love 1

Also, I still can't get over the fact that Maddie didn't ask Savannah to be a bridesmaid in her wedding - she's Maddie's only full sister.  That had to have hurt.  She's really the lost child in this family.

2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Also, I still can't get over the fact that Maddie didn't ask Savannah to be a bridesmaid in her wedding - she's Maddie's only full sister.  That had to have hurt.  She's really the lost child in this family.

Right, even if she was young she could have been a junior bridesmaid.

10 hours ago, deirdra said:

Perhaps Savannah can graduate early and go to university out of town, make friends & have a career she enjoys.

Exactly, send her away to the University of Arizona or Arizona State and let her have a real college experience.  Not stay at home and commute to NAU right there in Flagstaff!  Let her live a little.....Just like I hope Ysabel gets out too.

• Love 10

NOW she finds toaster bags.  They'll be food-smeared on the inside and the outside (from the previous sweet potato contamination).  Or did she buy a new toaster too?  What are those 15 buttons for - 15 shades of toast? The grilled cheese looks over-toasted but under-melted cheese-wise.

If all snacks and sandwiches can be made in toaster bags, she'll never need to wash dishes again!

• LOL 7
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

🤦‍♀️

2772917F-0783-416F-9EE5-D589AE57DD60.jpeg

3EA111F0-BECC-4587-A35B-867B1DD793F2.jpeg

O.M.G. Really? Why on earth would anyone want to butter their bread before toasting it? Also, I'd bet dollars to donuts that Janelle has a toaster oven. This business about Savanah making grilled cheese in the toaster bag "in just 5 minutes"? Well, I have a toaster oven, I warm up the bread for about 2 minutes til its a tiny bit toasted (not brown) and then put cheese slices on it and they melt in - about 2 minutes! At which point the toast is lightly browned also. Someone should tell Janelle that this works in a regular oven too! Why does it need to be put in a BAG and then in the toaster? I just don't get it. 

At least now Janelle can cook her sweet potatoes in the toaster a bit more safely, I guess. SMH SMH SMH /rant over

Edited by Teafortwo
typo
  • Love 7
11 minutes ago, Teafortwo said:

O.M.G. Really? Why on earth would anyone want to butter their bread before toasting it? Also, I'd bet dollars to donuts that Janelle has a toaster oven. This business about Savanah making grilled cheese in the toaster bag "in just 5 minutes"? Well, I have a toaster oven, I warm up the bread for about 2 minutes til its a tiny bit toasted (not brown) and then put cheese slices on it and they melt in - about 2 minutes! At which point the toast is lightly browned also. Someone should tell Janelle that this works in a regular oven too! Why does it need to be put in a BAG and then in the toaster? I just don't get it. 

At least now Janelle can cook her sweet potatoes in the toaster a bit more safely, I guess. SMH SMH SMH /rant over

I can grill a cheese sandwich in a skillet in 5 minutes. Old School.

• Love 20
38 minutes ago, Art Of Noiz said:

I can grill a cheese sandwich in a skillet in 5 minutes. Old School.

Yeah, me too! I'd be very skeptical of those bags. I'm not going to waste my time to  "research" what is in the bags... nice cast iron skillet and an excellent grilled cheese in minutes. She is so lazy!

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Gramto6 said:

Yeah, me too! I'd be very skeptical of those bags. I'm not going to waste my time to  "research" what is in the bags... nice cast iron skillet and an excellent grilled cheese in minutes. She is so lazy!

I looked it up. The bags are made of PTFE, the same chemical compound used in Teflon. In short, it poses cancer and environmental risks. All of Janelle's cookware probably has non-stick coatings though.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Teafortwo said:

I looked it up. The bags are made of PTFE, the same chemical compound used in Teflon. In short, it poses cancer and environmental risks. All of Janelle's cookware probably has non-stick coatings though.

That's kind of what I thought, without even looking them up. I got rid of all my teflon pans a long time ago. As a breast cancer survivor I'm not taking any chances...

I kind of agree with @iwantcookies above, it is amazing Janelle's kids survived.  Janelle should be bowing down in honor to Christine for raising her kids with a fear of toasters (LOL), it kept them safe at least... (LOL)

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

That's kind of what I thought, without even looking them up. I got rid of all my teflon pans a long time ago. As a breast cancer survivor I'm not taking any chances...

Ugh, I use teflon all the time.  It's the only way I've found to not burn things or have them stick.  I'm a terrible cook....but I don't want cancer so I better stop using them!

• Love 3
9 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

That sandwich looks burned. 

On her post, someone made a similar observation. She said basically, to each their own, Savanah gave her a bite, and it was delicious.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

On her post, someone made a similar observation. She said basically, to each their own, Savanah gave her a bite, and it was delicious.

Considering what Janelle considers cuisine, I think her taste buds are fried. They only taste fat, carbs, and sugar.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

I just can't with her - she puts potatoes in a toaster because reasons.  Someone online tells her to buy toaster bags.  She buys them, sight unseen, tells us they are rockstars.  Someone else inquires as to what's on the toaster bags and Janelle tells them to look it up their damn selves, she's too busy licking butter out of a toaster bag.

I swear, she's trolling us.  She buys metric tons of crap from Amazon, posts about all of it, and when her own followers - for whom she's supposedly posting these things FOR - ask her questions?  She doesn't know!  She doesn't care!  She doesn't want questions!  Even someone with a modicum of common sense would know that if you post your latest and greatest find, you are GOING to get questions so why not do a little bit of internet research while watching Wheel of Fortune in your Barcalounger in the evenings?

Or - and this may be more likely - she's too scared to post anything definitive because she knows she's full of crap and the "look it up yourself" tactic is to keep her from getting sued.  That way, when Jane from Albuquerque sets her kitchen on fire trying to toast a rutabaga, Janelle can pull up her posts and say, "see?  That wasn't my fault!  I don't know what I'm talking about either, LOLZ!"

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

I wonder if Janelle's landlord reads Strive With Janelle. With all the ear-candling w/paper plates and cooking odd things in her toaster (while her toaster oven, oven oven, range, InstaPot, etc. all sit idle) they should make sure they have good fire insurance.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I just can't with her - she puts potatoes in a toaster because reasons.  Someone online tells her to buy toaster bags.  She buys them, sight unseen, tells us they are rockstars.  Someone else inquires as to what's on the toaster bags and Janelle tells them to look it up their damn selves, she's too busy licking butter out of a toaster bag.

I swear, she's trolling us.  She buys metric tons of crap from Amazon, posts about all of it, and when her own followers - for whom she's supposedly posting these things FOR - ask her questions?  She doesn't know!  She doesn't care!  She doesn't want questions!  Even someone with a modicum of common sense would know that if you post your latest and greatest find, you are GOING to get questions so why not do a little bit of internet research while watching Wheel of Fortune in your Barcalounger in the evenings?

Or - and this may be more likely - she's too scared to post anything definitive because she knows she's full of crap and the "look it up yourself" tactic is to keep her from getting sued.  That way, when Jane from Albuquerque sets her kitchen on fire trying to toast a rutabaga, Janelle can pull up her posts and say, "see?  That wasn't my fault!  I don't know what I'm talking about either, LOLZ!"

I like  you ! Your posts make me laugh!

Edited by iwantcookies
  • Love 8
On 3/16/2021 at 11:46 PM, deirdra said:

Maybe Savanna doesn’t want to live in a dorm/away from home.

Going away isn’t for everyone. Or maybe there is no $. Student loans are no joke. 

• Love 2

I just watched Janelle at the gym with the second trainer.  She weighed 271 when trainer #1 weighed her, and I think she was still close to that when she went back several months later to  the second one.   Any guesses as to what she currently weighs?   I can't believe they thought they could own and run a gym.  

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Twopper said:

I can't believe they thought they could own and run a gym.  

That K I L L E D me. These slugs can barely lumber around, the most exercise any of them gets is Kody dancing badly, and they wanted to buy a gym when they can't even sort their own personal finances? Gyms are not moneymakers unless you REALLY know what you're doing. I get that gyms should be accessible to all, but I think it goes without saying that you should understand business AND fitness before you try to run a fucking gym of all things.

• Love 10
44 minutes ago, monagatuna said:

business AND fitness

Found this article about an accident Paedon caused while in LV in 2017. This paragraph was included.

https://www.tvshowsace.com/2020/06/25/sister-wives-paedons-car-accident-cost-kody-30k-as-finance-woes-grow/

Not a good time financially for the Brown family – Janelle struggles with taxes

"The court claims all added up to $29, 855. 39. It’s not a good time to face this payment. After all, they struggled a lot with the move to Flagstaff. Fans know the Las Vegas homes sold slowly. And, at one stage they owed back taxes. In fact, Janelle Brown currently stresses with her annual tax returns, she noted on Instagram."

How the heck do you get yourself into this mess while the recipient of TLC money?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, monagatuna said:

That K I L L E D me. These slugs can barely lumber around, the most exercise any of them gets is Kody dancing badly, and they wanted to buy a gym when they can't even sort their own personal finances? Gyms are not moneymakers unless you REALLY know what you're doing. I get that gyms should be accessible to all, but I think it goes without saying that you should understand business AND fitness before you try to run a fucking gym of all things.

I never can keep up with time lines on these shows but I recall Tamra Barney Judge from RHoOC and her new husband Eddie buying a gym, but I am pretty sure they had the money for it.   That discussion the Browns had about all the businesses they could run was so funny. 

57 minutes ago, itsadryheat said:

I need to re-read as I missed the part about Janelle and taxes.   Christine was very lucky Paedon Rex was not driving her car if it had the same type of insurance as Kody, because she would have to do a goodfundme to pay for that.  Or Paedon would.  Christine has such odd names for her children, but I digress.  I would have thought since he was tailgating that there would be damages to the car he hit, but that wasn't mentioned.  They should have forked over the $15k that was originally asked for.   I just don't see Robyn and Kody justifying the expense for Robyn's house.  Even Christine's seems too expensive.   I think at the moment Meri is still doing well with her mlm, but I cannot see that lasting too much longer.  They spent too much on rentals and the cul-de-sac houses in LV and compounded the error in Flagstaff. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

"The court claims all added up to $29, 855. 39. It’s not a good time to face this payment. After all, they struggled a lot with the move to Flagstaff. Fans know the Las Vegas homes sold slowly. And, at one stage they owed back taxes. In fact, Janelle Brown currently stresses with her annual tax returns, she noted on Instagram."

How the heck do you get yourself into this mess while the recipient of TLC money?

Proper insurance would not have cost Kodouche $29,855. 39.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

Found this article about an accident Paedon caused while in LV in 2017. This paragraph was included.

https://www.tvshowsace.com/2020/06/25/sister-wives-paedons-car-accident-cost-kody-30k-as-finance-woes-grow/

I'm pretty sure insurance paid the $30k. 15/30 is the minimum bodily injury coverage in Nevada. $15k per person, $30k max per accident. Since the insurance company would have to pay any legal expenses above and beyond the coverage limits, it's more economical to just go to arbitration with the maximum and have the judge divvy it up.

That said, I'm sure Paedon is paying through the nose for car insurance right now and will for some time.

Source: I was an insurance claims adjuster for 15 years.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Useful 9
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Proper insurance would not have cost Kodouche $29,855. 39.

And with all those kids! I am fascinated by this guy and his choices-and that these women keep following him off the financial cliff. He acts like he has a secret off-shore account that will ultimately erase this debt.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

it's more economical to just go to arbitration with the maximum and have the judge divvy it up.

Since it was not contested that Paedon was at fault, why would he not go with the initial $15,000 rather than double down and get stuck with the $30?

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, itsadryheat said:

Since it was not contested that Paedon was at fault, why would he not go with the initial $15,000 rather than double down and get stuck with the $30?

Kootie probably thought he could get it down below $15,000 by telling the judge "I have 4 wives and 18 children to support".  He is an idiot.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

There were two injured parties and each one got approximately $15k. 

It's really not that much money. Medical bills, pain and suffering - I'm guessing that the plaintiff attorneys got a percentage of it too. 

I doubt Kody OR Paedon were in the court, it was probably just the attorneys and the judge. The insurance company paid; Kody should have been happy that those poor folks who got rear-ended didn't ask for more. 

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 6

I went back to the initial 2019 article which said:

“In a lawsuit filed in December of 2018, plaintiffs Stefannie Gonzalez and Mirella Flores are suing Kody and his son Paedon Brown for an amount “in excess of $15,000” due to injuries sustained when Paedon reportedly rear-ended the ladies while driving a vehicle owned by Kody.”

"The Sister Wives family does have an attorney, and he filed against the plaintiffs. Nevertheless, according to Starcasm, “There is an arbitration hearing scheduled for January 8 of next year.” Of course, most people assume those at the rear usually were at fault. However, when it comes to damages claims, there may be other circumstances to consider. These could be anything from the plaintiff not having working tail lights, to not wearing seat belts. Even not applying a handbrake to a stopped vehicle can result in a rear-ender affecting the vehicles ahead.  Sometimes, the plaintiff opting not to seek medical treatment could affect the long term physical suffering by them."

"Enjuris.com explains that “The injured drivers can sue for pain and suffering, but only if their injuries are exceptionally severe. … An injured driver can sue the other driver personally or his insurance company, or both! Everyone pays according to each party’s degree of fault in the accident.”

Maybe I mis-understood the process and jumped to "Kody is a jerk", because, well I watch the show.  After rereading, it sounds like arbitration is part of the process rather than Kody doubling down. 

Is that right Dakota? 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

I went back to the initial 2019 article which said:

“In a lawsuit filed in December of 2018, plaintiffs Stefannie Gonzalez and Mirella Flores are suing Kody and his son Paedon Brown for an amount “in excess of $15,000” due to injuries sustained when Paedon reportedly rear-ended the ladies while driving a vehicle owned by Kody.”

"The Sister Wives family does have an attorney, and he filed against the plaintiffs. Nevertheless, according to Starcasm, “There is an arbitration hearing scheduled for January 8 of next year.” Of course, most people assume those at the rear usually were at fault. However, when it comes to damages claims, there may be other circumstances to consider. These could be anything from the plaintiff not having working tail lights, to not wearing seat belts. Even not applying a handbrake to a stopped vehicle can result in a rear-ender affecting the vehicles ahead.  Sometimes, the plaintiff opting not to seek medical treatment could affect the long term physical suffering by them."

"Enjuris.com explains that “The injured drivers can sue for pain and suffering, but only if their injuries are exceptionally severe. … An injured driver can sue the other driver personally or his insurance company, or both! Everyone pays according to each party’s degree of fault in the accident.”

Maybe I mis-understood the process and jumped to "Kody is a jerk", because, well I watch the show.  After rereading, it sounds like arbitration is part of the process rather than Kody doubling down. 

Is that right Dakota? 

I think they're really pushing it there with woulda coulda shoulda on the rear ending theories. I was involved in a chain reaction accident 30 years ago in which I hit then pushed into the car in front of me - it all happened in a matter of seconds. Who would think to apply the emergency brake while driving?  Paedon was tailgating, that's just asking for an accident to happen. 

When I was in claims and a claim was filed involving a rear end accident the first thing we would do is contact the parties involved and get a recorded statement. A couple days later we'd follow up to see if there was any pain or discomfort. Often it takes a couple days for that sort of thing to show up. 

Note that the damage to the vehicle isn't part of the case. Probably because that was already settled - the minimum coverage for property damage in Nevada that all vehicles are required by law to carry is $5k per accident, last I checked. I'm betting that Kody only had the legal minimum on his vehicles and likely still does. 

Like I said before, $15k isn't much of a settlement but if that was all they could get...no squeezing blood out of those turnips.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4
On 3/15/2021 at 3:16 PM, iwantcookies said:

She forgot to say google it

THIS is why Janelle is a terrible “coach” and has no business in a health related profession. It is important to know how things work, even if you’re just doing it to yourself. “Oh, I don’t know it just works”. Way to go, Janelle. 

Janelle is lazy and, in my observation, has demonstrated severe ignorance and stupidity in things health-related. I know, I’ve read all the reasonings that she has depression and a poor metabolism and so on. Ya know what, so do others, myself included. I have to train for 90 minutes a day and eat just 1500 plant based calories to stay a size 8. So I know how hard it is. 

She should not be representing herself as a health professional. At all. It’s fine she has struggles, but she’s gotta stop the health coach charade. 

Janelle—just put it on pause. Get back to everyone when you’ve found success and actually learned something. FFS.  All these Browns seem to have some form of delusion. 

• Love 15