Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

34 minutes ago, Art Of Noiz said:

Her sister looks like her! Like a blonde Maddie. 

Carrie appears to be her half-sister, the daughter of Sheryl and her second husband, Merlin Bartholomew Fryer. His obit mentions Carrie and her half-sisters by his first wife but not ex-2nd-wife Sheryl or former step-daughter Janelle.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 2
5 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Carrie appears to be her half-sister, the daughter of Sheryl and her second husband, Merlin Bartholomew Fryer. His obit mentions Carrie and her half-sisters but not ex-wife Sheryl or former step-daughter Janelle.

Carrie and Janelle had the same parents:

“On August 18, 1967, Sheryl married Robert Alan Schriever in Salt Lake City, UT.  Two daughters were born to this union, Janelle and Carrie.”

Janelle’s maiden name is Shriever
Mr. Fryer was Janelle’s mother’s second husband. 

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1

It is curious that the Fryer family considered Carrie to be part of their family.  Perhaps she remained LDS when Sheryl (1992) & Janelle (1993) married AUBers 3 yrs before Merlin Fryer died.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Someone asked in Meri’s thread if Janelle has any siblings. Janelle’s mother’s obituary is interesting.

https://www.tributearchive.com/obituaries/19233067/Sheryl-Lee-Brown/Lovell/Wyoming/Haskell-Funeral-Home

The obituary for Janelle's mom says: "She is survived by Genielle and Bobbie Brown; daughters Janelle (Kody) Brown and Carrie (Terry) Rodgers"

Who are Genielle and Bobbie Brown?  Are they Kody's Dad's other sister wives?

Also - I did not know that Janelle's Mom married Kody's Dad a short 3 months BEFORE Kody and Janelle got married.  I thought they got married a while AFTER Kody and Janelle. 

Edited by smarty
  • Love 1

Genielle would be Kody's mom.  The other widow, Bobbie seemed to be camera shy, and we only caught glimpses of her when they visited the ranch.  Since Wynn died, Bobbie went on to study art at university and has had some degree of accomplishment.  There is quite an extensive writeup about her if you google Bobbie Brown, Artist, Lovell, Wyoming.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Genielle would be Kody's mom.  The other widow, Bobbie seemed to be camera shy, and we only caught glimpses of her when they visited the ranch.  Since Wynn died, Bobbie went on to study art at university and has had some degree of accomplishment.  There is quite an extensive writeup about her if you google Bobbie Brown, Artist, Lovell, Wyoming.

Yes I looked it up one day.  I figured it had to be her.  Only a few thousand people in the town.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

I wonder if Janelle has ever mentioned a sister, and if not, are they estranged?  I can't recall ever hearing that she had a sibling.

I think I remember reading that their family disowned them when they married already married men.

• Useful 3
2 hours ago, Art Of Noiz said:

Her sister looks like her! Like a blonde Maddie. 

Wow her sister does really resemble her. Very pretty actually.

fyi im looking on her Facebook page. 

Carrie Schriever Rodgers

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Love 3
53 minutes ago, Teafortwo said:

Omg Janelle with the plexus! She has an Instagram story posted 21 hrs ago basically begging people to chat with her about it. They must be really low on funds 

I was just re-watching the tiresome episodes about Meri's purchase of the b&b and the debate in the family about it.  Janelle mentioned about how she had to get money from the family pot to start Strive, and I wondered what kind of profit sharing arrangement she made with the family.  I had not recalled Strive being mentioned on the show before or after that ( I tend to fold laundry or do other chores while it is on.   I am trying to pay better attention as I watch them in retrospect knowing they had to abandon nice homes in LV for living separately in Flagstaff.)

• Useful 1
23 hours ago, Dustbunny said:

that's the weirdest thing, even when she's doing a video call with Kody and the other wives she sits there staring at the ceiling as she talks.

It's like she thinks whatever she's saying is so profound and deep but in reality she just looks like a big fat toad rambling on like an idiot.

I think it's the angle she uses on the camera. She places it too low so when she looks up it's emphasized.

• Useful 4

Since the universal move to online meetings, there are whole YouTube videos devoted to the correct way to handle a videoconference inlcuding camera placement, backgrounds, lighting, etc.  She could Google it (see what I did there?).

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

It makes her look like she’s lying in the videos. She starts out like the first picture, and then looks up so often it’s hard to even get a screenshot. Up , down, up, down.

1246FB1D-E57F-4CC1-9DA3-83F2228106FF.jpeg

6CE4FE67-5CD6-47EA-9DDB-AE975E4266A0.jpeg

I follow about half-a-dozen youtubers which, of course, leads youtube to recommend similar people to watch. Not one of the people I have watched has the camera so close to their face. Even setting aside the lack of eye contact, the extreme closeup of her face is just uncomfortable to watch. It's like having a "close talker" right in your face. It's just another example of her laziness that she can't take the time to figure out how to film herself at a reasonable distance.

• Love 8
22 minutes ago, absolutelyido said:

It's like having a "close talker" right in your face. It's just another example of her laziness that she can't take the time to figure out how to film herself at a reasonable distance.

If you can see her nose hairs (which you can), it's too close. And she is lying - plexus is unhealthy!

• Love 10

Her teeth are another issue and not something I want to see UP CLOSE!

She's a very unhealthy looking person, she's extremely overweight, her gums and teeth look awful, her skin looks blotchy even with makeup and she has chronic digestive issues, not exactly someone I'd want to take healthy living advice from.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

Someone asked about the group in my previous post. Someone replied it costs $45.. Then Janelle replied with a link to information. Now the $45. post has been deleted.

Maddie and Janelle both have comments turned off on all Instagram posts about Plexus. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Someone asked about the group in my previous post. Someone replied it costs $45.. Then Janelle replied with a link to information. Now the $45. post has been deleted.

Maddie and Janelle both have comments turned off on all Instagram posts about Plexus. 

I wonder what prompted that.  These people and their MLM's mystify me.  I worked for 30+ years at, you know, regular jobs (the last one almost 25 years) and retired with good benefits.  I can't get why they choose these shady companies that only pay those at the very top of the pyramids?  No vacation, sick leave, health insurance, life insurance, pensions, etc.

I wouldn't touch Plexus with a ten-foot pole.  

• Love 9

I think they turned off comments because they knows they'll be innundated by anti-MLMers providing info on why the product is bad.

• Love 9

35 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I think they turned off comments because they knows they'll be innundated by anti-MLMers providing info on why the product is bad.

Then how do they get inquiries to purchase their poison Plexus?  Seems like if what you're shilling brings enough negativity that you have to turn off your comments, then perhaps it's best to distance yourself from said product.  But grifters gonna grift, I guess.  Wonder what Logan thinks about his mom and sister selling this crap.

• Love 6
On 4/10/2021 at 11:25 AM, Irate Panda said:

Some of the comments on there say they thought this was a pic of Dog the Bounty Hunter and now I can’t unsee it.  Are we supposed to believe these logs are being used on Prairie Dog Pass? 

Omgawdd. Janelle and Kody. The new Dog and Beth!! They could so pull that off next Halloween!

• LOL 9
48 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

So, getting a cushion for your knees is empowering other women? Nice try genius but it was just an idea.

She sets the bar too low, especially for "Strive With Janelle," her eponymous health initiative,  It's a stretch to claim that choosing to get a mat is a modification to a modified plank.  It's not empowerment, and it's definitely not bold.  Maybe the instructor suggested mats to everyone, and Janelle was just the closest to them, so she was the first to get one.  Otherwise, she was reducing the time she was supposed to be in a plank. 

Also, by now, she should realize that nobody at the gym is watching or cares about other people's work-outs - even a self-appointed health coach's.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

question: if it's a floor workout, wouldn't the class be using mats anyway? 

This. Plus our instructors always encourage us to get a second mat if we’ll be on our knees. I mean, I’m glad that makes Janelle feel empowered because that’s never a bad thing, but this isn’t revolutionary. 

Edited by Pachengala
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

question: if it's a floor workout, wouldn't the class be using mats anyway? 

The gym had mats available & probably assumed the clients had enough sense to use them.  Methinks Janelle has never done a floor workout there.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Pachengala said:

This. Plus our instructors always encourage us to get a second mat if we’ll be on our knees. I mean, I’m glad that makes Janelle feel empowered because that’s never a bad thing, but this isn’t revolutionary. 

I suspect that for Janelle, it feels revolutionary. My mind goes back to when she and Meri went to a shop because they were working on their relationship, and she had trouble even deciding to buy a wreath that she really liked. I believe she explained her inner dialogue at the time, which was something along the lines of, "Could I be somebody who has a wreath on my door? I really like that wreath, but am I a wreath on the door kind of person? I really want it, but how could I become somebody who as a wreath on my door? I sure do like that wreath, but really Meri, Christine, and Robyn are wreath people, not me." As I recall, she bought the wreath, and to her, it felt revolutionary because it was outside of her very narrow self definition. So, I can extrapolate from that experience that when she does something that is outside of that narrow definition, to her it feels revolutionary, bold, and empowering. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 9

Did she think that by getting up to get a mat, the entire class would come to a screeching halt to watch her?  Now I get where she's coming from - when I first started taking yoga and found myself struggling, I did think that everyone else knew exactly what to do and were all looking at me thinking "what a noob."  Not only was that not true in the least, but the more classes I took, the more comfortable I got moving my bolsters and blocks in whatever positions I needed to be comfortable.  Janelle - a supposed gym-rat for years, if we are to believe anything she says - should be well past the awkward stage of wandering into a class and not knowing exactly what's expected of her.  If she is that paranoid, it seems like she would be much better served by finding workouts online or YouTube and doing them at home.  She strikes me as someone so completely uncomfortable in her own skin, it's a wonder she goes out into the world at all.  I'm not trying to snark too hard here, but it's like she doesn't even know how to process her own identity.

Also, two bowls of green beans for lunch?  I don't buy it.  Washed down with a milkshake, maybe.

• LOL 2
  • Love 11

Janelle has demonstrated extreme self-consciousness over the years. In fact, I think with Janelle it is the most consistent thing she has talked about - "I don't like to draw attention to myself." So for her, stepping outside of that comfort zone of being invisible (because in her mind, invisible is safe) feels as wild and crazy to her as base jumping off the Space Needle would feel to many of us (well, to me). 

• Love 15
5 hours ago, NoWhammies said:

I suspect that for Janelle, it feels revolutionary. My mind goes back to when she and Meri went to a shop because they were working on their relationship, and she had trouble even deciding to buy a wreath that she really liked. I believe she explained her inner dialogue at the time, which was something along the lines of, "Could I be somebody who has a wreath on my door? I really like that wreath, but am I a wreath on the door kind of person? I really want it, but how could I become somebody who as a wreath on my door? I sure do like that wreath, but really Meri, Christine, and Robyn are wreath people, not me." As I recall, she bought the wreath, and to her, it felt revolutionary because it was outside of her very narrow self definition. So, I can extrapolate from that experience that when she does something that is outside of that narrow definition, to her it feels revolutionary, bold, and empowering. 

I honestly think that was more to do with," I really don't need to be spending my money on this, I have a houseful of kids to care for".  Money has always been an issue for her.  She even said in the book, she had resentment toward Meri and Christine for carelessly spending money when they should have used it for necessary things and she was struggling financially to provide for her children.

• Love 11