Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

And yet Jenny is still obese. If she loses 100 pounds in 6 months then I might think Plexus works (because there is probably a tapeworm in there). These MLM things make me mad. They are all lies.

Does Jenny ever leave a couch??? 

Edited by iwantcookies
  • Love 9

I can only hope that her next post says, "I just flew in from Flagstaff and boy are my arms tired. But I took Plexus and now they feel greeeeeeaaaaat! Take my sister wife, please. I'm here all week folks, don't forget to tip your waitresses!"

• LOL 23
On 3/20/2021 at 5:10 PM, nosedive said:

Wow! You're very disciplined!  Will you be my coach?  Slim and Dandy with Sandy has a nice ring.🙂

Meh. I think I’d be too matter of fact. The fact that if I’m not disciplined, I’ll be the size of a house isn’t exactly encouraging, but it’s a reality for some of us.  What Janelle would hear from me: 

“Janelle. I get it. I also have anxiety, depression and a lousy metabolism. It sucks. Your reality is going to be difficult. You will need to work harder and eat less, all while observing those who get to work less and eat more. It’s not fair, but if you want to be even remotely credible, you gotta accept it and stick with it. Otherwise, stop the Strive charade. You can’t even coach yourself.” 

Maybe Whitney needs to hear this too. Yeah, people don’t like hearing the truth especially when you tell them “it is hard”. 

• Love 8

Maddie and Janelle just did a live about Plexus on the Strive Facebook page. 

The fact someone would not consult their doctor, but ask Janelle instead, is troubling enough. The fact Janelle gave this response is criminal.

(The first picture is a screenshot)

551F08DD-CCFB-4199-8507-830B9C700007.jpeg

EA4B9F1B-6554-4800-9AF7-19BC99F3D581.jpeg

• LOL 1
3 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

The fact someone would not consult their doctor, but ask Janelle instead, is troubling enough. The fact Janelle gave this response is criminal.

Greedy, grasping pigs with no conscience.  It's one thing to hang poorly made, unattractive clothing on their followers as Meri and Christine do, but quite another to prescribe a treatment to someone foolish enough to seek medical advice from Janelle or Maddie.

• Love 21
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I used to say I hated Janelle least out of the adults, but I guess this response disqualifies her too.  I mean it’s almost obligatory with health things to say consult your doctor, but even most people that were just worried about sales and wouldn’t write that would just ignore the question completely.  I’m not even going to get into the person doesn’t even have healthy kidneys to start with.  These people are morons.

• Love 14

Janelle seems to be on Maddie's downline.  I doubt that either of them will actually make money from this MLM, and I can only see ways that Plexus would diminish the profitability of Strive with Janelle and undermine its purpose.  Maybe Savannah will run it, since she's not learning bass guitar or working out side-by-side with Janelle and Maddie.  

For as preposterous as it is, Janelle is actually more dignified in presenting herself as a health coach and charging her fans $45 for accountability groups.  Those are straight-out money-grabs that didn't risk (or actually improve) anyone's health.

I'm personally annoyed that I complimented her too early for not grifting in one of her posts.  I then learned that Plexus advises their sellers to post constantly and balance non-Plexus and Plexus posts so that their networks don't think that they're shilling 24/7 *when, in fact, they are).

• Useful 3

It is frightening to me that she is telling a person in stage three kidney failure that this is safe to use! No mention to check with her dr first. One of these days her recommendations are going to kill someone.

7 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

If someone is dumb enough to ask medical advice from Jenelle... They are hopeless. 

I am just speechless. 

And maybe they will end up dead. If a "supplement" is banned in at least 2 countries, no way am I going within a country mile of it, let alone drinking it!! I am diabetic and really need to take care of my kidneys, would never take any risks on this snake oil...

• Love 10
Just now, Gramto6 said:

It is frightening to me that she is telling a person in stage three kidney failure that this is safe to use!

I am willing to bet that the TLC lawyers are already scrambling to figure out how to divorce themselves from any liability.

• Love 7
On 3/26/2021 at 4:00 PM, ginger90 said:

6789C3EE-6604-47C4-AA5F-1939F65103E4.jpeg

E5219E89-9E05-4799-A574-E360ACD4DF6F.jpeg

C164CE12-1E60-4F3D-96F0-8A997D2C6B67.jpeg

An actual brick-and-mortar restaurant plated up this mess?

Janelle's food pictures are always repulsive, but even this picture of what was served to her at a restaurant is anything but appetizing.  There's less than zero that's aesthetically appealing in that meal.  It makes McDonald's look tasty by comparison.  

Ugh. 🤢

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
21 hours ago, ginger90 said:

5361B492-4DB1-4039-84E1-572E848B653D.jpeg

Can anyone tell me what crawfish tastes like?  Ever since I heard crawfish referred to as mud bugs I can't bring myself to try them.  Do they taste like shrimp?

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, smarty said:

Can anyone tell me what crawfish tastes like?  Ever since I heard crawfish referred to as mud bugs I can't bring myself to try them.  Do they taste like shrimp?

They are almost a cross between shrimp and crab, slightly sweet.  

"mud bugs", LOL, my dear old granny referred to all shellfish as "the scavengers of the sea" and wouldn't eat or serve them to family or guests.  Sorry Gran, I eventually tried them and developed a taste for all of them, with the exception of escargot.

• Love 8
27 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

They are almost a cross between shrimp and crab, slightly sweet.  

"mud bugs", LOL, my dear old granny referred to all shellfish as "the scavengers of the sea" and wouldn't eat or serve them to family or guests.  Sorry Gran, I eventually tried them and developed a taste for all of them, with the exception of escargot.

I can't eat shellfish at all, and I never developed a taste for it.  Fish with fins and scales is to my liking, exactly the opposite of Mr. Xword, as he eats lobster, shrimp, clams, crab, all the crustaceans.  He fished in Alaska as a teen and can't stomach salmon these days, my favorite.

Janelle can't make photos of anything look appetizing.  

• Love 8

Popping in to say I’ve seen more emotion from Janelle in these COVID episodes than I’ve seen in her from her in the last decade of episodes.

I was shocked to see her why last week thinking about missing Kody 😳

But I also think she has some strange attitudes towards the virus, might be a difference in political opinions, but she definitely seems the most deeply affected by the pandemic (so far). 

• Love 5
On 3/28/2021 at 1:14 PM, Persnickety1 said:

An actual brick-and-mortar restaurant plated up this mess?

Janelle's food pictures are always repulsive, but even this picture of what was served to her at a restaurant is anything but appetizing.  There's less than zero that's aesthetically appealing in that meal.  It makes McDonald's look tasty by comparison.  

Ugh. 🤢

I'm confused as to which items are supposed to be the hush puppies like grandma used to make?  Did she eat them all before she took the picture?

And in her previous Strive post, she tells us that - prior to the magic that is Plexus - she used to visit Maddie but the jet-lag made her unavailable to help out much with the grandbabies.  That had to have been nice for Maddie to have her mom come for an extended visit only to lay on her couch eating Doritos and watching Netflix.

• LOL 9
29 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I'm confused as to which items are supposed to be the hush puppies like grandma used to make?  Did she eat them all before she took the picture?

If grandma made free-form hush puppies (fried cornbread) instead of forming the batter/dough into balls or twinkie shapes, that could be one in the background under "Follow", unless it is someone else's crawfish & Janelle ate all the hush puppies. More brownish beige food for the Browns.  

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

F322920E-8B2C-4634-B1F8-12682C93DF3C.jpeg

1057CED6-C93F-497C-AC1B-324527AAC8C9.jpeg

That packaged dressing is usually a calorie nightmare.  I would have told them that I would use my own low-cal dressing, and hold the croutons.  Janelle knows nothing about healthy eating.

And, what's in that drink?  Sugar galore, no doubt.  She's hopeless.

• Love 9

I had to look.  Salad and Go is a local chain based in Phoenix and expanding to Dallas. The link to its nutrition page is below.

A Bruschetta Caprese salad has 310 calories and 15g fat.  The chicken adds another 130 calories.  So, her salad without dressing is 410 calories.  

If the green salad dressing is jalapeno ranch, that packet contains 200 calories.  If it's basil pesto dressing, the packet is 400 calories.  If the orange dressing is BBQ ranch, that packet contains 150 calories.  If it's Thai peanut, the packet is 325 calories.  Her salad with dressing ranges from 560 to 810 calories.  If she uses both packets, the calorie count for the salad with dressing soars between 760 and 1135.

The drink may be cucumber mint lemonade.  If so, she's consuming another 120 calories (for 16 ounces) and 29g sugar.  Just last week, she posted that she kicked her sugar addiction with Plexus.

The salad cost $5.74, and the drink cost $1 - so, she is right that those are good prices.

https://saladandgo.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/SAG-full-nutritional-3.17.21-Spring-v3.pdf

Edited by Grifter Lives
  • Useful 13
  • LOL 1

If it gives her "all day energy", why is there an afternoon lag?  Let's see a log of her blood sugar that proves Plexus actually "balances" her BG.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 4
  • Love 9
12 minutes ago, deirdra said:

If it gives her "all day energy", why is there an afternoon lag?  Let's see a log of her blood sugar that proves Plexus actually "balances" her BG.

Oh as a diabetic, I'd love to see that!

• Love 9

A comment on the Strive post:

And then the pressure will be on to buy Plexus products, not impressed Janelle

ETA: Janelle just responded to this:

Nope.  These accountability groups were running before I discovered Plexus and are run independently from the product.  

Someone asked what the deadline for signing up is, Janelle replied:

The first few days are just working through some prep so we will take enrollments through 4/12.  If you need other arrangements just message me 🙂

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
40 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Geez, Janelle - if the group is set to start on April 8, why not get the "prep" ready BEFORE APRIL 8?

This allows her plenty of time to eat all her Easter candy?

• LOL 14
  • Love 1

The same dehydrated peas and carrots in their copy for the 3rd time.  They should get Audge to design the artwork for Strive, she may suggest at least spritzing them with a little water.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, suomi said:

Do we think she can actually rope in 50 marks for the accountability group? 

Because that's $2,250.

I do, because there are a certain number of people who are willing to pay because they find value in a mere association with someone they perceive as "famous". This is what sustains any of their businesses at this point. I have a friend who was a regular on a reality TV show, and it has been off the air for many years. There are many people who flock to him still merely because he was once on TV, and they want to be able to say they know the guy who was on said show. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5