Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

27 minutes ago, suomi said:

Do we think she can actually rope in 50 marks for the accountability group? 

Because that's $2,250.

There has to be more to it than the $45. enrolment fee.  $2,250 split between Tricia and Janelle, less what they may have to pay for a private FB group? hardly seems enough for the undivided attention they would receive from Janelle/Tricia for 20 days. Even if they don't pay for a FB platform, that's only $56.25 for each day that they surrender to their followers.  That seems like chicken feed to contend with the possibility of 50 people calling each day for direction and advice.

The program may be bait and switch for accoutrements considered essential to gain the most benefit while one Strives.  Possibly a very special water bottle for hydration, a spongy ball or worry beads to manage stress, or a special pillow endorsed by Janelle for daytime naps.  Maybe that's where the real money is anticipated.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4

I also think there are probably a good number of Janelle's fans that also struggle with weight and identify with her, and think that if they follow her "accountability" program and don't lose weight, it's okay because that makes them even more like Janelle...as in, "look, Janelle struggles and she's following her own program!  So that's why it's not working for me either!"

And it really is sad because Janelle has literally no idea what she's talking about and has no business leading others.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 14
7 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Oh, Janelle.  Please just stop, especially now that you're a Plexus spokesperson.  Hopefully not one person takes you up on this stupid offer.

I confess I am somewhat tempted to do this.  I'm trying to be increase my activity and eat more cleanly in prep for a trip to Yellowstone in May and I'm just so curious about what people get out of these damn groups.  lol  But money is tight because of said road trip to Yellowstone.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, JenMcSnark said:

I confess I am somewhat tempted to do this.  I'm trying to be increase my activity and eat more cleanly in prep for a trip to Yellowstone in May and I'm just so curious about what people get out of these damn groups.  lol  But money is tight because of said road trip to Yellowstone.  

I wonder if she'd accept you into the group with a name like "Jen McSnark"?  If she did, that would tell us that she is really hard up for cash.  LOL!

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 13
49 minutes ago, deirdra said:

I wonder if she'd accept you into the group with a name like "Jen McSnark"?  If she did, that would tell us that she is really hard up for cash.  LOL!

If I decide to join, I honestly might make a new facebook with that name to see if she will accept me.  I doubt she would turn away my $45!!

• LOL 11

Screenshot from a live, where Janelle explained the group. She also mentioned that Plexus is not involved. She also said, the woman she does the group with, Tricia, has the same certification as Janelle. That’s where they met.

6F7EE4B7-9122-4630-BDA8-C29F5FA2689B.jpeg

D9EAFB7D-2B7A-45C6-A3B5-4D7A17C46888.jpeg

• LOL 1
13 hours ago, JenMcSnark said:

If I decide to join, I honestly might make a new facebook with that name to see if she will accept me.  I doubt she would turn away my $45!!

I will join with you!  As Xena McLovin.

• LOL 9
(edited)
13 hours ago, JenMcSnark said:

If you do decide to join, I'm sure we would love to know what goes on....just sayin'. 😉

Also YIKES TO THE EXTREME CLOSEUP!!!!!!

And what is happening in the second picture where she's becoming her mother....?  Sitting in bed watching Back to the Future (?) and looking at a cookbook?  How, exactly, is this different than what she's been doing for the past decade or so?

EDIT: I Googled the cookbook...it's a whole foods plant-based cookbook.  Sure, Jan.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14
19 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

And what is happening in the second picture where she's becoming her mother....?  Sitting in bed watching Back to the Future (?) and looking at a cookbook?  How, exactly, is this different than what she's been doing for the past decade or so?

I was trying to figure out what she was watching and I thought it was Back to the Future.  Then I saw your comment and laughed.

• LOL 3
29 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

😉

Also YIKES TO THE EXTREME CLOSEUP!!!!!!

Janelle should consider endorsing and using a tooth whitening procedure.  Instead, she flails about with magic elixirs and healthy living programs that have shown zero results for her and require some effort and depriving herself of beloved snacks.  If she found a dental care program that actually worked, she could show positive before and after images with minimal effort from her.

• Love 9
Just now, Sandy W said:

Janelle should consider endorsing and using a tooth whitening procedure.  Instead, she flails about with magic elixirs and healthy living programs that have shown zero results for her and require some effort and depriving herself of beloved snacks.  If she found a dental care program that actually worked, she could show positive before and after images with minimal effort from her.

Is there anything about fundamentalist mormons (or whatever the hell they are) that suggests magical thinking isn't part of their lexicon and way of life? Janelle is a magical thinker. They all are. God handles problems and sends solutions. 

• Love 10
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Screenshot from a live, where Janelle explained the group. She also mentioned that Plexus is not involved. She also said, the woman she does the group with, Tricia, has the same certification as Janelle. That’s where they met.

Ginger, what else did she say about the group?  I'm seriously considering it.  I don't know what is wrong with me.  

She almost scared me off with space-invading picture.  Good lord. Someone get this woman a selfie stick!  And I HATE selfie sticks in general, but if it saves us from the extreme closeups...I think I have an extra one I will send her.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

With all the MLMs in the fambly, doesn anyone sell moisturizer or sunscreen?

2 hours ago, NoWhammies said:

God handles problems and sends solutions. 

Yet never sent Robyn her rennil.   She must be on God's tune-out list.

• LOL 10
On 3/28/2021 at 12:14 PM, Persnickety1 said:

An actual brick-and-mortar restaurant plated up this mess?

Janelle's food pictures are always repulsive, but even this picture of what was served to her at a restaurant is anything but appetizing.  There's less than zero that's aesthetically appealing in that meal.  It makes McDonald's look tasty by comparison.  

Ugh. 🤢

I grew up along the nw Florida coast.    This looks " plated " like I have seen in a lot of places that are places the locals go for really good food that is a lot less expensive than the tourist trap restaurants or even some of the fancier local restaurants.  The area used to be filled with what we called fish shacks.  There were also BBQ shacks.  The eatin' is really good, but it looks about like what she had. A lot of what is often served like shrimp, crabs, low country boil, crawfish, corn on the cob are foods that are really messy to eat and the tables are often covered in paper instead of table cloths and sometimes a roll of paper towels is available instead of napkins.

On 3/29/2021 at 3:45 PM, xwordfanatik said:

That packaged dressing is usually a calorie nightmare.  I would have told them that I would use my own low-cal dressing, and hold the croutons.  Janelle knows nothing about healthy eating.

she is clueless which is a shame.  I guess she is just too lazy to learn or to care.   I am still rolling my eyes at her comment about salad that someone else makes is always more interesting.   I think what she is doing by saying that is trying to avoid saying that she likes salad if it is made by someone else because it takes time to make a healthy salad if you make it at home from "scratch."   It is a lot easier to go thru the drive-thru than make a salad.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Twopper said:

It is a lot easier to go thru the drive-thru than make a salad.

Not defending Janelle because I don't think this is the reason but I often pick up fresh side salads at fast food places. Bags of greens don't come in sizes that are helpful for the single eaters.  If I get the bagged stuff, I have to eat a salad every single day so it doesn't go bad.  A head of lettuce would be slimy before I got through all of it.  Celery and carrots lasts a while but things like red or green pepper need to be used fairly quickly as well so it's not economical to buy both.  If I get something from a drivethrough that contains a variety of items I waste a lot less.  Then I can top it with chicken or salmon I cook myself.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
(edited)
5 hours ago, JenMcSnark said:

Ginger, what else did she say about the group?  I'm seriously considering it. 

She said they are not “nutrition geared”, they figure everyone knows what they need to do for their own body. However, one of the goals is to get rid of processed foods and sugar. 🤷🏼‍♀️

She said she and Trisha “ lurk” in the group and try to answer questions.

Her Strive Facebook page is public, so if you want you can go on it and see her recent videos.

Screenshot of her public page:

CF5A4B7E-1BF3-4BD8-8559-D07C61FC13FE.jpeg

If anyone is curious, the 3 that she follows are:

F7C14743-3CEE-4C66-8D21-BB6E238FD364.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 4
24 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

I often pick up fresh side salads at fast food places

Going to McDonalds for a salad is like going to a whorehouse for a hug.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Quof said:

Going to McDonalds for a salad is like going to a whorehouse for a hug.

To each his own.  There isn't much that they can do to mess up a plain salad.  No need to be rude about it.

Edited by Cetacean
  • Love 19
2 hours ago, Cetacean said:

Not defending Janelle because I don't think this is the reason but I often pick up fresh side salads at fast food places. Bags of greens don't come in sizes that are helpful for the single eaters.  If I get the bagged stuff, I have to eat a salad every single day so it doesn't go bad.  A head of lettuce would be slimy before I got through all of it.  Celery and carrots lasts a while but things like red or green pepper need to be used fairly quickly as well so it's not economical to buy both.  If I get something from a drivethrough that contains a variety of items I waste a lot less.  Then I can top it with chicken or salmon I cook myself.

That describes me, as well.  I'm the only one in my house that likes certain salad vegetables, so I have to use them up fast.

• Love 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

She said they are not “nutrition geared”, they figure everyone knows what they need to do for their own body. However, one of the goals is to get rid of processed foods and sugar. 🤷🏼‍♀️

She said she and Trisha “ lurk” in the group and try to answer questions.

Her Strive Facebook page is public, so if you want you can go on it and see her recent videos.

Screenshot of her public page:

CF5A4B7E-1BF3-4BD8-8559-D07C61FC13FE.jpeg

If anyone is curious, the 3 that she follows are:

F7C14743-3CEE-4C66-8D21-BB6E238FD364.jpeg

Thank you.  I followed her and Tricia's "Tricia on Track" page.  At least Tricia is very active with running and paddling.  It gives me some hope.  I did create a Jen McSnark facebook and I guess I'm just going to go ahead and do this.  

Edited to add:  Tricia mentions on her page that they are going to have more structured challenges to "ditch the added sugar and processed junk".  One of the things I'm trying to do so hopefully it will be beneficiary (at least $45 worth).

2nd Edit:  Just watched Janelle's video.  She is SOO not inspiring.  She rambles. My. God.  I hope Tricia is more involved and more knowledgeable. 

Edited by JenMcSnark
  • Useful 3
  • Love 8

Only Janelle could take a picture of fresh vegetables and make them look yucky.  Whatever brand her phone, she needs to trade it in.  The colors are all wonky. Maybe it's when she takes pictures indoors, the basket that Garrison is holding looks fine.

On 4/1/2021 at 5:08 AM, ginger90 said:

Oh, gawd, I do hope she spares us from any food pictures of whatever slop delicacies she's inspired to prepare.  🤢

• LOL 3
51 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

Screenshot from a live, where Janelle explained the group.

My eyes!!! pass the bleach.  This picture of Janelle by Janelle  is as bad as the one @ginger90 posted above.  And Janelle, learn to "smile" without showing me your teeth and gums.  As someone suggested, get a selfie stick.  Or have someone else take the picture.  

Are any of these people on Cameo--that app thingy where you get mostly z-listers sending special messages to you or someone you select for $$$$.   I think even the Duggar daughters were doing that.  

I think that Garrison is just goofing around by posing and it's funny.  But, it would also be funny if he were actually mocking his mother's culinary photography.  Maybe the CSA was suspended during his last birthday, which is nearly a year ago now, and that's why he had the carb-and-fat-with-no-natural-ingredients extravaganza.

It's so frustrating and contradictory that Janelle is extolling the vitality she gets from her workouts, vegetables and gardening, but then she shills Plexus.  If she were truly energized and healthy from her stated passions (exercise and healthy eating), she'd never need Plexus or want to be anywhere near it.  Which are we supposed to believe, since we can't believe both?  (We can believe neither.)

She must shill it out of maternal love for her daughter, but it's really at her own expense - physically, financially, reputational, and more.  And, in yet another contrast, either Janelle ditched Savannah as an accountability partner (possibly replaced by Plexus), or Savannah is doing a really good job, or Janelle just forgot because many things Janelle says ring true.

• Love 5
(edited)
29 minutes ago, Grifter Lives said:

It's so frustrating and contradictory that Janelle is extolling the vitality she gets from her workouts, vegetables and gardening, but then she shills Plexus.  If she were truly energized and healthy from her stated passions (exercise and healthy eating), she'd never need Plexus or want to be anywhere near it.  Which are we supposed to believe, since we can't believe both?  (We can believe neither.)

Vitality.???  That woman can't handle 3 time zone changes over 3 days.  It isn't like she is flying to southeast Asia or some place in Africa that takes 4 different airlines and several bus rides.

She arrives Sunday  from EDT to MST.    This is east to west which I always find easier.  She  has Monday to recover and pack for the 5 and a half hour drive Tuesday to Parowan  which is only one hour ahead.   I am in my mid 60's, and I could handle time changes.   I might forget to change my watch, but fortunately I have a cell phone which adjusts automatically. 

Edited by Twopper
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
17 minutes ago, Grifter Lives said:

She must shill it out of maternal love for her daughter, but it's really at her own expense - physically, financially, reputational, and more.  And, in yet another contrast, either Janelle ditched Savannah as an accountability partner (possibly replaced by Plexus), or Savannah is doing a really good job, or Janelle just forgot because many things Janelle says ring true.

It's been nearly 3 weeks now since Janelle stated advocating Plexus as a cure-all.  On March 13, she didn't say how long she had been on it, but she did say that she had lost 2 inches off her belly.  Since then, she has only shown head shots.  Photos or it didn't happen Janelle.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

I thought those things were leeks too but green garlic looks very much the same. So a win for Janelle?  The only one I have seen in a while.

Green garlic is so much tastier than cured garlic. However, the best of all garlics are the scapes. I am like the first person there on the first day at the first moment of our local farmers market so I can score me some scapes and green garlic.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 4/1/2021 at 9:52 AM, laurakaye said:

EDIT: I Googled the cookbook...it's a whole foods plant-based cookbook.  Sure, Jan.

When I saw WF PB my mind went to "Want Fritos/Peanut Butter"

• LOL 12
3 hours ago, smarty said:

I wonder if it is awkward at situations like Bonnies funeral when Janelle runs into Meri's brother Adam that she divorced.  

I believe that in Bonnie's obituary it mentioned a spouse for Adam.  Hopefully he is happily married to a wonderful person and doesn't even think about Janelle. 

• Love 11
40 minutes ago, JenMcSnark said:

I believe that in Bonnie's obituary it mentioned a spouse for Adam.  Hopefully he is happily married to a wonderful person and doesn't even think about Janelle. 

He dodged a bullet and since they didn’t have kids he is over her 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I would imagine that in polygamous families, marrying your former husband's sister's husband is just another day in the life...in other words, it's probable that these types of things happen so often it either ceases to be awkward or is perpetually awkward no matter who you see or where you go. And if everything is awkward....then nothing is awkward because it's now just all "normal."

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, NoWhammies said:

I would imagine that in polygamous families, marrying your former husband's sister's husband is just another day in the life...in other words, it's probable that these types of things happen so often it either ceases to be awkward or is perpetually awkward no matter who you see or where you go. And if everything is awkward....then nothing is awkward because it's now just all "normal."

The past decade of SW banality may have erased this from my head, but was Janelle’s first marriage intended to be polygamous or monogamous? Meri came from a polygamous family, no? Was it like poor broken cookie Robyn whose terrible husband wouldn’t polygamate with her?

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, dreadfulLeigh said:

The past decade of SW banality may have erased this from my head, but was Janelle’s first marriage intended to be polygamous or monogamous? Meri came from a polygamous family, no? Was it like poor broken cookie Robyn whose terrible husband wouldn’t polygamate with her?

I think monogamous? Janelle was LDS at the time.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

What kills me about Janelle’s response to that dum dum asking about Plexus’ safety with a fecking kidney disease (🙄) is every single strife post she’s ever done responding to legitimate questions has been “google it”, “idk, check with your doctor”, “whatever random one I have/find” bull. Hmm, totally not suspicious, Janelle, now that you’re shilling some overpriced pink pee juice. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4